Summary: Displacement of bones from their normal positions at a joint.
- Goossens M, De Stoop N. Lisfranc's fracture-dislocations: etiology, radiology, and results of treatment. A review of 20 cases. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1983;:154-62 pubmed..The treatment of choice is anatomic reduction and transfixation with Kirschner wires. The major complication is arterial damage with necrosis of the forefoot. Amputation may be necessary...
- Stinner D, Edwards D. Surgical Management of Musculoskeletal Trauma. Surg Clin North Am. 2017;97:1119-1131 pubmed publisher..The decision-making process in providing EAC is reviewed in an effort to optimize patient outcomes following severe extremity trauma. ..
- Malik K, Debnath S, Adhyapok A, Hazarika K. An Atypical Variant of Superolateral Dislocation of the Mandibular Condyle: A Case Report. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:2183.e1-2183.e6 pubmed publisher..The condyle was hooked laterally above the zygomatic arch. Open reduction of the dislocated condyle was performed and a good outcome was obtained. ..
- Van Bosse H, Pontén E, Wada A, Agranovich O, Kowalczyk B, Lebel E, et al. Treatment of the Lower Extremity Contracture/Deformities. J Pediatr Orthop. 2017;37 Suppl 1:S16-S23 pubmed publisher..This article synopsizes the treatment strategies presented in September 2014 in Saint Petersburg, Russia at the second international symposium on arthrogryposis...
- Hardcastle P, Reschauer R, Kutscha Lissberg E, Schoffmann W. Injuries to the tarsometatarsal joint. Incidence, classification and treatment. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1982;64:349-56 pubmed..It seems that, whatever the severity of the initial injury, prognosis depends on accurate reduction and its maintenance. ..
- Schnetzke M, SchÃ¼ler S, Hoffend J, Simon R, Keil H, Porschke F, et al. Interobserver and intraobserver agreement of ligamentous injuries on conventional MRI after simple elbow dislocation. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:85 pubmed publisher..This should be the basis to develop new MRI quality standards with special focus on coronal oblique reconstructions to improve the evaluation of ligament injuries after simple elbow dislocations. ..
- Jeffreys T. LISFRANC'S FRACTURE-DISLOCATION: A CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF TARSO-METATARSAL DISLOCATIONS AND FRACTURE-DISLOCATIONS. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1963;45:546-51 pubmed
- Insall J, Ranawat C, Aglietti P, Shine J. A comparison of four models of total knee-replacement prostheses. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1976;58:754-65 pubmed..The significance of this cannot yet be determined but it suggest that the fixation may not be ideal. In all types, residual pain was most frequently attributed to the patellar compartment. Patellectomy was not a solution. ..
- Aitken A, Poulson D. Dislocations of the tarsometatarsal joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1963;45-A:246-60 pubmed
- Myerson M. The diagnosis and treatment of injuries to the Lisfranc joint complex. Orthop Clin North Am. 1989;20:655-64 pubmed..Surgical treatment is discussed as well as arguments against the use of conservative treatment. ..
- Potini V, Gibson P, Wu K, Li K, Tan V. A Novel Screening Technique for Ulnar-Sided Carpometacarpal Dislocations. Orthopedics. 2017;40:e352-e356 pubmed publisher..During evaluation of patients with posttraumatic hand pain, an increased capitate-metacarpal angle may indicate the need for advanced imaging studies to further evaluate the carpometacarpal joints. [Orthopedics. 2017; 40(2):e352-e356.]. ..
- Aglietti P, Insall J, Cerulli G. Patellar pain and incongruence. I: Measurements of incongruence. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1983;:217-24 pubmed..23), the sulcus angle was shallow (147 degrees), and the average congruence angle was +16 degrees. In 53 knees with "chondromalacia," the Q angle was increased (20 degrees), and the average congruence angle was -2 degrees. ..
- Ring D, Jupiter J. Fracture-dislocation of the elbow. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1998;80:566-80 pubmed
- Bo X, Wang W, Chen Z, Liu Z. Compression-distraction reduction surgical verification and optimization to treat the basilar invagination and atlantoaxial dislocation: a finite element analysis. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:168 pubmed publisher..We also provide a biomechanically theoretical basis for improving the reliability of pure posterior reduction surgery and simplifying surgery for complicated BI-AAD disease. ..
- Sun Y, Zheng Y, Zhang Z. [Analysis of factors related to the number of mesenchymal stem cells derived from synovial fluid of the temporomandibular joint]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;52:355-359 pubmed publisher..672????????p=0.063?????????p=0.371??????????????????????????r=0.186 ?p=0.043 ??????????????????????????????p= 0.001????????????????????????????p=0.042?? ??? ????????????????????????????. ..
- Robinson C. Fractures of the clavicle in the adult. Epidemiology and classification. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1998;80:476-84 pubmed..In addition to displacement, the extent of comminution in type-2B fractures was a risk factor for delayed and nonunion. ..
- Zhang Y, Shen L, Shao J, Chou D, Song J, Zhang J. Structural Allograft versus Autograft for Instrumented Atlantoaxial Fusions in Pediatric Patients: Radiologic and Clinical Outcomes in Series of 32 Patients. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:549-556 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, blood loss was less when using allograft and donor-site morbidity was eliminated; however, the fusion time was increased. ..
- Heiple K, Freehafer A, van T Hof A. Isolated traumatic dislocation of the distal end of the ulna or distal radio-ulnar joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1962;44-A:1387-94 pubmed..We believe that early closed reduction and adequate immobilization should result in excellent function in most cases. Delay in diagnosis will probably result in protracted disability and the necessity for surgical correction. ..
- Hospodar P, Guzman C, Johnson P, Uhl R. Treatment of displaced calcaneus fractures using a minimally invasive sinus tarsi approach. Orthopedics. 2008;31:1112 pubmed
- Königshausen M, Gothner M, Kruppa C, Dudda M, Godry H, Schildhauer T, et al. [Trampoline-related injuries in children: an increasing problem]. Sportverletz Sportschaden. 2014;28:69-74 pubmed publisher..The security guidelines should be followed exactly and the infants should be under supervision. ..
- Schiffman E, Ohrbach R, Truelove E, Look J, Anderson G, Goulet J, et al. Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorders (DC/TMD) for Clinical and Research Applications: recommendations of the International RDC/TMD Consortium Network* and Orofacial Pain Special Interest Group†. J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2014;28:6-27 pubmed publisher..Working from these findings and revisions, two international consensus workshops were convened, from which recommendations were obtained for the finalization of new Axis I diagnostic algorithms and new Axis II instruments...