Summary: Displacement of bones from their normal positions at a joint.
- Dlouhy B, Policeni B, Menezes A. Reduction of atlantoaxial dislocation prevented by pathological position of the transverse ligament in fixed, irreducible os odontoideum: operative illustrations and radiographic correlates in 41 patients. J Neurosurg Spine. 2017;27:20-28 pubmed publisher..This is the first study in which intraoperative findings regarding the transverse ligament have been correlated with MRI. ..
- Schnetzke M, SchÃ¼ler S, Hoffend J, Simon R, Keil H, Porschke F, et al. Interobserver and intraobserver agreement of ligamentous injuries on conventional MRI after simple elbow dislocation. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:85 pubmed publisher..This should be the basis to develop new MRI quality standards with special focus on coronal oblique reconstructions to improve the evaluation of ligament injuries after simple elbow dislocations. ..
- Pérez Blanco R, Rodriguez Merchan C, Canosa Sevillano R, Munuera Martinez L. Tarsometatarsal fractures and dislocations. J Orthop Trauma. 1988;2:188-94 pubmed..Good results were associated with an accurate reduction. Open treatment is advocated if minor displacement persists. Routine K-wire fixation is advised for all cases. ..
- Rosenberg G, Patterson B. Tarsometatarsal (Lisfranc's) fracture-dislocation. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 1995;Suppl:7-16 pubmed..A thorough understanding of this often misdiagnosed injury should facilitate the physician's prompt diagnosis and management of this potentially debilitating lesion, resulting in improved functional recovery for the patient. ..
- Singh B, Mohanlal P, Bawale R. Early failure of coracoclavicular ligament reconstruction using TightRope system. Acta Orthop Belg. 2016;82:119-23 pubmed..Surgeons should be wary of this potential problem whilst choosing this method of -reconstruction for CC ligament reconstructions. ..
- Jeffreys T. LISFRANC'S FRACTURE-DISLOCATION: A CLINICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF TARSO-METATARSAL DISLOCATIONS AND FRACTURE-DISLOCATIONS. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1963;45:546-51 pubmed
- Arntz C, Hansen S. Dislocations and fracture dislocations of the tarsometatarsal joints. Orthop Clin North Am. 1987;18:105-14 pubmed..Our experience has shown that accurate anatomic operative reduction and rigid internal fixation provide an increased assurance of a pain-free, durable, and functional foot in the great majority of cases. ..
- Insall J, Ranawat C, Aglietti P, Shine J. A comparison of four models of total knee-replacement prostheses. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1976;58:754-65 pubmed..The significance of this cannot yet be determined but it suggest that the fixation may not be ideal. In all types, residual pain was most frequently attributed to the patellar compartment. Patellectomy was not a solution. ..
- Aitken A, Poulson D. Dislocations of the tarsometatarsal joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1963;45-A:246-60 pubmed
- Takase K, Yamamoto K. Changes in surgical procedures for acromioclavicular joint dislocation over the past 30 years. Orthopedics. 2013;36:e1277-82 pubmed publisherGenerally, surgical treatment is recommended for Rockwood type 5 traumatic acromioclavicular joint dislocations. Since 1980, the authors have performed the modified Dewar procedure, the modified Cadenat procedure, and anatomical ..
- Myerson M. The diagnosis and treatment of injuries to the Lisfranc joint complex. Orthop Clin North Am. 1989;20:655-64 pubmed..Surgical treatment is discussed as well as arguments against the use of conservative treatment. ..
- Trillat A, Marsan C, Lapeyre B. [Classification and treatment of Monteggia fractures. Apropos of 36 cases]. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 1969;55:639-57 pubmed
- Welch R, Chounthirath T, Smith G. Radial Head Subluxation Among Young Children in the United States Associated With Consumer Products and Recreational Activities. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2017;56:707-715 pubmed publisher..Events associated with consumer products and recreational activities are an important increasing source of RHS. ..
- Potini V, Gibson P, Wu K, Li K, Tan V. A Novel Screening Technique for Ulnar-Sided Carpometacarpal Dislocations. Orthopedics. 2017;40:e352-e356 pubmed publisher..During evaluation of patients with posttraumatic hand pain, an increased capitate-metacarpal angle may indicate the need for advanced imaging studies to further evaluate the carpometacarpal joints. [Orthopedics. 2017; 40(2):e352-e356.]. ..
- Boden K, Weinberg D, Vallier H. Complications and Functional Outcomes After Pantalar Dislocation. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017;99:666-675 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic Level IV. See Instructions for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Aglietti P, Insall J, Cerulli G. Patellar pain and incongruence. I: Measurements of incongruence. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1983;:217-24 pubmed..23), the sulcus angle was shallow (147 degrees), and the average congruence angle was +16 degrees. In 53 knees with "chondromalacia," the Q angle was increased (20 degrees), and the average congruence angle was -2 degrees. ..
- Simmons E, Cameron J. Patella alta and recurrent dislocation of the patella. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1992;:265-9 pubmed..Only one patient complained of anterior knee pain in the follow-up period. This technique is thought to give good results when it is used specifically for recurrent patellar dislocations associated with patella alta. ..
- Ring D, Jupiter J. Fracture-dislocation of the elbow. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1998;80:566-80 pubmed
- Barquet A. Posterior dislocation of the ulna at the elbow with associated fracture of the radial shaft. Injury. 1984;15:390-2 pubmed..A long arm cast was applied for 3 weeks with the elbow held at 90 degrees. Six months later full function of the limb had been achieved. ..
- Bo X, Wang W, Chen Z, Liu Z. Compression-distraction reduction surgical verification and optimization to treat the basilar invagination and atlantoaxial dislocation: a finite element analysis. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:168 pubmed publisher..We also provide a biomechanically theoretical basis for improving the reliability of pure posterior reduction surgery and simplifying surgery for complicated BI-AAD disease. ..
- Myerson M. The diagnosis and treatment of injury to the tarsometatarsal joint complex. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1999;81:756-63 pubmed
- Sun Y, Zheng Y, Zhang Z. [Analysis of factors related to the number of mesenchymal stem cells derived from synovial fluid of the temporomandibular joint]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;52:355-359 pubmed publisher..672????????p=0.063?????????p=0.371??????????????????????????r=0.186 ?p=0.043 ??????????????????????????????p= 0.001????????????????????????????p=0.042?? ??? ????????????????????????????. ..
- Robinson C. Fractures of the clavicle in the adult. Epidemiology and classification. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1998;80:476-84 pubmed..In addition to displacement, the extent of comminution in type-2B fractures was a risk factor for delayed and nonunion. ..
- Heim D. The skier's thumb. Acta Orthop Belg. 1999;65:440-6 pubmed..The best results are obtained in bony avulsion fractures. Conservative treatment of lesions requiring surgical treatment may result in permanent disability of the joint; thus, correct diagnosis is mandatory. ..
- Li H, Yong Z, Chen Z, Huang Y, Lin Z, Wu D. Anterior cervical distraction and screw elevating-pulling reduction for traumatic cervical spine fractures and dislocations: A retrospective analysis of 86 cases. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7287 pubmed publisher..In addition, it can reduce the risk of iatrogenic secondary spinal cord injury and maintain optimal cervical spine stability as observed during follow-ups. Therefore, it is suitable for clinical promotion and application. ..
- Krul M, van der Wouden J, Kruithof E, van Suijlekom Smit L, Koes B. Manipulative interventions for reducing pulled elbow in young children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017;7:CD007759 pubmed publisher..We recommend that this is preceded by a survey among clinicians to establish the extent of clinical equipoise and to optimise the study design and recruitment. ..
- Adelaar R. The treatment of tarsometatarsal fracture-dislocation. Instr Course Lect. 1990;39:141-5 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Shen L, Shao J, Chou D, Song J, Zhang J. Structural Allograft versus Autograft for Instrumented Atlantoaxial Fusions in Pediatric Patients: Radiologic and Clinical Outcomes in Series of 32 Patients. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:549-556 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, blood loss was less when using allograft and donor-site morbidity was eliminated; however, the fusion time was increased. ..
- Lancourt J, Cristini J. Patella alta and patella infera. Their etiological role in patellar dislocation, chondromalacia, and apophysitis of the tibial tubercle. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1975;57:1112-5 pubmed..Patella alta may be an important cause of dislocating patella and of chondromalacia patellae. The significance of the patella infera found in the Osgood-Schlatter lesion may be one of either cause or effect. ..
- Heiple K, Freehafer A, van T Hof A. Isolated traumatic dislocation of the distal end of the ulna or distal radio-ulnar joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1962;44-A:1387-94 pubmed..We believe that early closed reduction and adequate immobilization should result in excellent function in most cases. Delay in diagnosis will probably result in protracted disability and the necessity for surgical correction. ..
- Resch S, Stenstrom A. The treatment of tarsometatarsal injuries. Foot Ankle. 1990;11:117-23 pubmed
- Hospodar P, Guzman C, Johnson P, Uhl R. Treatment of displaced calcaneus fractures using a minimally invasive sinus tarsi approach. Orthopedics. 2008;31:1112 pubmed
- Mantas J, Burks R. Lisfranc injuries in the athlete. Clin Sports Med. 1994;13:719-30 pubmed
- Nkaoui M, Boufettal M, Sasbou Y, Kharmaz M, El Ouadaghiri M, Lamrani M, et al. [Pure internal subtalar dislocation: about a case]. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27:123 pubmed publisher..We here report the case of a young patient presenting with pure internal subtalar dislocation as a result of a sport accident. He underwent orthopedic therapy achieving a good functional outcome. ..
- Brunet J, Wiley J. The late results of tarsometatarsal joint injuries. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1987;69:437-40 pubmed..Neither the initial fracture type nor the treatment had any apparent bearing on subsequent function; nor was there any correlation between radiographic assessment of the injury and the patient's symptoms. ..
- Königshausen M, Gothner M, Kruppa C, Dudda M, Godry H, Schildhauer T, et al. [Trampoline-related injuries in children: an increasing problem]. Sportverletz Sportschaden. 2014;28:69-74 pubmed publisher..The security guidelines should be followed exactly and the infants should be under supervision. ..
- Schiffman E, Ohrbach R, Truelove E, Look J, Anderson G, Goulet J, et al. Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorders (DC/TMD) for Clinical and Research Applications: recommendations of the International RDC/TMD Consortium Network* and Orofacial Pain Special Interest Group†. J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2014;28:6-27 pubmed publisher..Working from these findings and revisions, two international consensus workshops were convened, from which recommendations were obtained for the finalization of new Axis I diagnostic algorithms and new Axis II instruments...
- Radomisli T, Rosen A. Controversies regarding radial neck fractures in children. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998;:30-9 pubmed..It is hoped that once the controversies surrounding these fractures are resolved, the long term results of these troublesome injuries will improve. ..
- Myerson M, Fisher R, Burgess A, Kenzora J. Fracture dislocations of the tarsometatarsal joints: end results correlated with pathology and treatment. Foot Ankle. 1986;6:225-42 pubmed..Displacement greater than 2 mm or a talometatarsal angle greater than 15 degrees on radiographs following a closed reduction mandates open reduction. ..
- Wiss D, Kull D, Perry J. Lisfranc fracture-dislocations of the foot: a clinical-kinesiological study. J Orthop Trauma. 1987;1:267-74 pubmed..The best results both clinically and by gait analysis were achieved in those patients who had anatomic reductions. ..