Summary: A genus of DNA viruses in the family PAPILLOMAVIRIDAE. They preferentially infect the anogenital and ORAL MUCOSA in humans and primates, causing both malignant and benign neoplasms. Cutaneous lesions are also seen.
- . Recommendations on the use of quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine in males--Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011;60:1705-8 pubmed..The evidence for HPV4 vaccination of males was evaluated using Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development, and Evaluation (GRADE) methods. ..
- Lopes R, Teixeira J, Marchioni D, Villa L, Giuliano A, Luiza Baggio M, et al. Dietary intake of selected nutrients and persistence of HPV infection in men. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:757-765 pubmed publisher..003, test for trend). No association was observed between dietary intake and persistent oncogenic-type HPV infection; however, vitamin B12 intake was inversely associated with nononcogenic HPV persistence. ..
- Harper D, Demars L. HPV vaccines - A review of the first decade. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:196-204 pubmed publisher..This simplifies and makes less expensive future comparative studies between existing and new generic vaccines. ..
- Donalisio M, Cagno V, Vallino M, Moro G, Arslanoglu S, Tonetto P, et al. Inactivation of high-risk human papillomaviruses by Holder pasteurization: implications for donor human milk banking. J Perinat Med. 2014;42:1-8 pubmed publisher..The results presented here indicate that the Holder pasteurization is an efficient procedure to inactivate high-risk and low-risk HPV thus preventing the potential risk of their transmission through human donor milk. ..
- Mello C. Vaccination against human papillomavirus. Einstein (Sao Paulo). 2013;11:547-9 pubmed..Currently two vaccines are available to prevent the human papillomavirus infection and its associated diseases. ..
- Zhang L, Xie F, Wang X, Peng D, Bi C, Jiang L, et al. Previous cervical cytology and high-risk human papillomavirus testing in a cohort of patients with invasive cervical carcinoma in Shandong Province, China. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180618 pubmed publisher..As the addition of cytology to hrHPV testing can only marginally increase the efficiency of the hrHPV test, hrHPV testing should be used as the primary screening approach, especially in the low-resource settings of China. ..
- Wallace N, Khanal S, Robinson K, Wendel S, Messer J, Galloway D. High-Risk Alphapapillomavirus Oncogenes Impair the Homologous Recombination Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisherPersistent high-risk genus human Alphapapillomavirus (HPV) infections cause nearly every cervical carcinoma and a subset of tumors in the oropharyngeal tract...
- Nogueira Dias Genta M, Martins T, Mendoza Lopez R, Sadalla J, de Carvalho J, Baracat E, et al. Multiple HPV genotype infection impact on invasive cervical cancer presentation and survival. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182854 pubmed publisher..This is the largest study employing an automated HPV genotyping assay using FFPE of ICC. Multiple HPV genotype infection adversely influenced survival. ..
- Lucas Roxburgh R, Benschop J, Lockett B, van den Heever U, Williams R, Howe L. The prevalence of human papillomavirus in oropharyngeal cancer in a New Zealand population. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186424 pubmed publisher..Overseas studies have shown that human papillomavirus (HPV) plays a significant role in the development of these cancers. However, the role of HPV in OPC and the burden on the NZ health system is unclear...
- Rantshabeng P, Moyo S, Moraka N, Ndlovu A, MacLeod I, Gaseitsiwe S, et al. Prevalence of oncogenic human papillomavirus genotypes in patients diagnosed with anogenital malignancies in Botswana. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:731 pubmed publisher..HPV types detected whereas in HIV-negative patients only HPV 16 was detected. Our study suggests that multivalent vaccines may be more suitable in this setting, especially for HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Mirabello L, Yeager M, Yu K, Clifford G, Xiao Y, Zhu B, et al. HPV16 E7 Genetic Conservation Is Critical to Carcinogenesis. Cell. 2017;170:1164-1174.e6 pubmed publisher..Strict conservation of the 98 amino acids of E7, which disrupts Rb function, is critical for HPV16 carcinogenesis, presenting a highly specific target for etiologic and therapeutic research. ..