Genomes and Genes
Summary: A genus in the family CIRCOVIRIDAE comprising the single species CHICKEN ANEMIA VIRUS.
- Shulman L, Davidson I. Viruses with Circular Single-Stranded DNA Genomes Are Everywhere!. Annu Rev Virol. 2017;4:159-180 pubmed publisher..Infections with CAV (family Anelloviridae, genus Gyrovirus) and PCV2 (family Circoviridae, genus Circovirus) are presented here because they are immunosuppressive and ..
- Prasetyo A, Desyardi M, Tanamas J, Suradi -, Reviono -, Harsini -, et al. Respiratory viruses and torque teno virus in adults with acute respiratory infections. Intervirology. 2015;58:57-68 pubmed publisher..March 2010 and April 2011 and analyzed for 19 respiratory viruses and for torque teno virus (TTV) and human gyrovirus (HGyV). Respiratory viruses were detected in 61.3% of the subjects, most of whom had ARI (90.8%, OR = 11...
- Rosario K, Breitbart M, Harrach B, Segales J, Delwart E, Biagini P, et al. Revisiting the taxonomy of the family Circoviridae: establishment of the genus Cyclovirus and removal of the genus Gyrovirus. Arch Virol. 2017;162:1447-1463 pubmed publisher..been historically classified in one of two genera: Circovirus, which contains avian and porcine pathogens, and Gyrovirus, which includes a single species (Chicken anemia virus)...
- Bullenkamp J, Cole D, Malik F, Alkhatabi H, Kulasekararaj A, Odell E, et al. Human Gyrovirus Apoptin shows a similar subcellular distribution pattern and apoptosis induction as the chicken anaemia virus derived VP3/Apoptin. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e296 pubmed publisher..Recently the first human Gyrovirus (HGyV) was isolated from a human skin swab...
- Gia Phan T, Phung Vo N, Sdiri Loulizi K, Aouni M, Pothier P, Ambert Balay K, et al. Divergent gyroviruses in the feces of Tunisian children. Virology. 2013;446:346-8 pubmed publisherThe Gyrovirus genus consists of the immunosuppressive Chicken Anemia Virus (CAV) prototype and since 2011 three other viral species found in sera/tissues of chickens, human feces, and on human skin...