free tissue flaps
Summary: A mass of tissue that has been cut away from its surrounding areas to be used in TISSUE TRANSPLANTATION.
- McGhee J, Cooper L, Orkar K, Harry L, Cubison T. Systematic review: Early versus late dangling after free flap reconstruction of the lower limb. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:1017-1027 pubmed publisher..However, the optimal flap training regime remains unclear. It may be appropriate to start dangling as early as POD 3. More research is needed to determine the optimal time to start dangling and the regime. ..
- Song D, Pafitanis G, Yang P, Narushima M, Li Z, Liu L, et al. Innervated dorsoradial perforator free flap: A reliable supermicrosurgery fingertip reconstruction technique. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:1001-1008 pubmed publisher..5 (4-7) mm. The innervated DRAP flap has proven to be an easy, reliable and effective sensate fingertip reconstruction option, utilizing the supermicrosurgery technique. Level IV, retrospective series. ..
- Ricci J, Kamali P, Becherer B, Curiel D, Wu W, Tobias A, et al. Umbilical necrosis rates after abdominal-based microsurgical breast reconstruction. J Surg Res. 2017;215:257-263 pubmed publisher..This information should help influence intraoperative decision-making to prevent the development of this undesirable complication. ..
- Billon R, Bosc R, Belkacemi Y, Assaf E, SidAhmed Mezi M, Hersant B, et al. Impact of adjuvant anti-estrogen therapies (tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors) on perioperative outcomes of breast reconstruction. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:1495-1504 pubmed publisher..HT seems to be associated with an increased risk of wound healing complications. Currently, there is no guideline on perioperative HT discontinuation. Further investigations are required. ..
- Tomioka Y, Uda H, Yoshimura K, Sunaga A, Kamochi H, Sugawara Y. Studying the blood pressures of antegrade and retrograde internal mammary vessels: Do they really work as recipient vessels?. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2017;70:1391-1396 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic Study, Level IV. ..
- Teven C, Ooi A, Inbal A, Chang D. Implantable Doppler monitoring of buried free flaps during vascularized lymph node transfer. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:371-377 pubmed publisher..This is the largest reported series of implantable Doppler monitoring of free flap perfusion during VLNT. Our experience suggests that this is a safe and effective technique for postoperative monitoring of VLNT. ..
- Dayan J, Allen R. Lower Extremity Free Flaps for Breast Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:77S-86S pubmed publisher..With careful planning and selection, thigh-based flaps can provide a reliable option patients desiring autologous breast reconstruction...
- Stranix J, Lee Z, Jacoby A, Anzai L, Avraham T, Thanik V, et al. Not All Gustilo Type IIIB Fractures Are Created Equal: Arterial Injury Impacts Limb Salvage Outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:1033-1041 pubmed publisher..In the authors' experience, however, the presence of arterial injury appears to negatively impact microsurgical outcomes...
- Coriddi M, Wee C, Meyerson J, Eiferman D, Skoracki R. Vascularized Jejunal Mesenteric Lymph Node Transfer: A Novel Surgical Treatment for Extremity Lymphedema. J Am Coll Surg. 2017;225:650-657 pubmed publisher..Harvest from the periphery of the proximal jejunum is optimal. Improvement from lymphedema can be expected in a majority of patients. ..
- Pont L, Marcelli S, Robustillo M, Song D, Grandes D, Martin M, et al. Immediate Breast Reconstruction with Abdominal Free Flap and Adjuvant Radiotherapy: Evaluation of Quality of Life and Outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:681-690 pubmed publisher..The potential need for postoperative radiotherapy should not hinder women from the benefits of autologous immediate breast reconstruction. Therapeutic, III. ..
- Zhao Y, Xiang J, Liu F. [Assessment of life quality of for patients after tongue reconstruction with radial forearm free flap, anterolateral thigh perforator flap or submental island flap]. Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue. 2017;26:111-114 pubmed..In summary, there may be functional disability for patients after glossectomy and simultaneous reconstruction. The quality of life would be acceptable after tongue reconstruction with RFFF, ALT and SIF. ..
- Ramella V, Franchi A, Bottosso S, Tirelli G, Novati F, Arnez Z. Triple-Cut Computer-Aided Design-Computer-Aided Modeling: More Oncologic Safety Added to Precise Mandible Modeling. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1567.e1-1567.e6 pubmed publisher..Good contact of bony segments was obtained in all patients. The prefabricated triple-cut cutting guides make changing the dimensions of bony resection, while still using the prefabricated CAD-CAM reconstructive plate, possible. ..
- Shen H, Shen X, Lv Y, Lu H, Xu J, Wu S. Three-dimensional virtual planning in precise chimeric fibula free flap for metacarpal defects: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7364 pubmed publisher..Although more cases and follow-up are needed to evaluate it, this approach is expected to benefit patients. ..
- Mericli A, Schaverien M, Hanasono M, Yu P, Largo R, Villa M, et al. Using a Second Free Fibula Osteocutaneous Flap after Repeated Mandibulectomy Is Associated with a Low Complication Rate and Acceptable Functional Outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:381-389 pubmed publisher..Despite the increased technical complexity, the use of a second free fibula flap after repeated segmental mandibulectomy appears to be safe and to confer no higher risk than that for the first fibula flap. Therapeutic, IV. ..