Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes consisting of the union of the opposing surfaces of a wound.
- Liu X, Jia H, Xia H. REDUCTION OF INTRA-ARTICULAR ADHESION BY TOPICAL APPLICATION OF DAIDZEIN FOLLOWING KNEE SURGERY IN RABBITS. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:265-271 pubmed publisher..Thus present study concludes that topical application of daidzein reduces intra-articular adhesion around the knee. ..
- Jean R, O Neill K, Pei K, Davis K. Impact of hospital volume on outcomes for laparoscopic adhesiolysis for small bowel obstruction. J Surg Res. 2017;214:23-31 pubmed publisher..017). This study demonstrates that high hospital volume was associated with decreased LOS for LLOA in SBO. Although volume was not associated with differences in total charges, there was a small decrease in hospital costs. ..
- Docherty J, McCormick P. A carboxymethylcellulose-heparin combination for the prevention of surgical adhesions. J Surg Res. 2017;213:228-233 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this cheap and, as far as we know, safe intervention should be evaluated in human clinical trials. ..
- Bove G, Chapelle S, Hanlon K, Diamond M, Mokler D. Attenuation of postoperative adhesions using a modeled manual therapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178407 pubmed publisher..Our findings lay the groundwork for further research, including mechanical and pharmacologic approaches to maintain movements during healing. ..
- Giusto G, Vercelli C, Iussich S, Audisio A, Morello E, Odore R, et al. A pectin-honey hydrogel prevents postoperative intraperitoneal adhesions in a rat model. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:55 pubmed publisher..006, p?=?0.001, p?=?0.002, respectively). PHH is a novel absorbable barrier that is effective in preventing intra-abdominal adhesions in a cecal abrasion model in rats. ..
- Aydin O, Aydinuraz K, Agalar F, Sahiner I, Agalar C, Bayram C, et al. The effect of thymoquinone coating on adhesive properties of polypropylene mesh. BMC Surg. 2017;17:40 pubmed publisher..067). TQ coated mesh is shown to reduce adhesion formation and TQ is a promising coating material for mesh surface modification. ..
- de Tribolet N, Porchet F, Lutz T, Gratzl O, Brotchi J, van Alphen H, et al. Clinical assessment of a novel antiadhesion barrier gel: prospective, randomized, multicenter, clinical trial of ADCON-L to inhibit postoperative peridural fibrosis and related symptoms after lumbar discectomy. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 1998;27:111-20 pubmed..024 on the operative side and P = 0.015 on the nonoperative side), and ADCON-L reduced low back pain when it was most severe (P = 0.047) and at the end of the day (P = 0.044). ..
- Fredericks C, Kotry I, Holtz G, Askalani A, Serour G. Adhesion prevention in the rabbit with sodium carboxymethylcellulose solutions. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986;155:667-70 pubmed..97). Sodium carboxymethylcellulose is highly effective in reducing postoperative adhesions in laboratory animals, and additional studies are warranted to further define its efficacy and safety. ..
- Hillyer M, Mair T. Recurrent colic in the mature horse: a retrospective review of 58 cases. Equine Vet J. 1997;29:421-4 pubmed..These included 3 cases of recurrent colonic impaction and 2 cases each of lymphosarcoma, 2 thromboembolic disease, 2 partial ileal obstructions and 2 intestinal adhesions. ..
- Uemura A, Nakata M, Goya S, Fukayama T, Tanaka R. Effective new membrane for preventing postthoracotomy pleural adhesion by surface water induction technology. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179815 pubmed publisher..Our novel anti-adhesive membrane appeared highly effective in preventing postthoracotomy pleural adhesions. ..
- Choi E, Yoo Y, Lee P, Kim Y, Lee S, Moon J. A Retrospective Study to Evaluate the Effect of Concentration of Hypertonic Saline on Efficacy and Safety of Epidural Adhesiolysis. Anesth Analg. 2017;124:2021-2029 pubmed publisher..Further prospective randomized studies are required to better appreciate the outcome with regard to the use of different concentrations of hypertonic saline for PEA. ..
- Tuncal S, Kismet K, Kilicoglu B, Barlas A, Onalan A, Temel S, et al. Evaluation of intraabdominal adhesion generating potentials of ankaferd and calcium alginate used as hemostatic agents. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2014;115:544-9 pubmed..The present study aimed to evaluate intra-abdominal adhesion generating potential of Ankaferd Blood Stopper (ABS), which was used as postoperative hemostatic agent in the rats that underwent surgery, in comparison with Ca-alginate...
- Vlasveld L, Taal B, Kroon B, Gallee M, Rodenhuis S. Intestinal obstruction due to diffuse peritoneal fibrosis at 2 years after the successful treatment of malignant peritoneal mesothelioma with intraperitoneal mitoxantrone. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 1992;29:405-8 pubmed..However, laparotomy revealed extensive adhesive fibrosis but no sign of malignant mesothelioma. The peritoneal complications of intraperitoneal cytostatic treatment are discussed. ..
- Yang K, Yu C, Lee J, Kim C, Yoon Y, Park I, et al. The long-term outcomes of recurrent adhesive small bowel obstruction after colorectal cancer surgery favor surgical management. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8316 pubmed publisher..Operative management should be considered for recurrent SBO. ..
- Tan Y, Wu Q, Wu Q, Tan X, Chen L, Wang X. Thermal Preconditioning May Prevent Tendon Adhesion by Up-Regulating HSP72 in Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1623-1634 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that thermal preconditioning may alleviate tendon adhesions via upregulation of HSP72 expression. ..
- Mec Słomska A, Adamiec Mroczek J, Kuźmicz E, Misiuk Hojło M. Intravitreal ocriplasmin: A breakthrough in the treatment of vitreomacular traction?. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:527-531 pubmed publisher..We reviewed the results of recent studies comparing ocriplasmin to other widespread treatment options, such as pars plana vitrectomy. ..
- Khorshidi H, Kasraianfard A, Derakhshanfar A, Rahimi S, Sharifi A, Makarchian H, et al. Evaluation of the effectiveness of sodium hyaluronate, sesame oil, honey, and silver nanoparticles in preventing postoperative surgical adhesion formation. An experimental study. Acta Cir Bras. 2017;32:626-632 pubmed publisher..Sodium hyaluronate and sesame oil may have a significant effect in preventing postoperative surgical adhesion formation. ..
- De Groef A, Van Kampen M, Vervloesem N, De Geyter S, Dieltjens E, Christiaens M, et al. An evaluation tool for myofascial adhesions in patients after breast cancer (MAP-BC evaluation tool): Development and interrater reliability. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179116 pubmed publisher..71). The total scores of all locations of the MAP-BC evaluation tool had good to excellent interrater reliability, except for the inframammary fold which only reached moderate reliability. ..
- Behman R, Nathens A, Byrne J, Mason S, Look Hong N, Karanicolas P. Laparoscopic Surgery for Adhesive Small Bowel Obstruction Is Associated With a Higher Risk of Bowel Injury: A Population-based Analysis of 8584 Patients. Ann Surg. 2017;266:489-498 pubmed publisher..We set out to compare the incidence of bowel repair and/or resection in a large cohort of patients with adhesive small bowel obstruction (SBO) managed operatively...
- Robertson D, Lefebvre G, Leyland N, Wolfman W, Allaire C, Awadalla A, et al. SOGC clinical practice guidelines: Adhesion prevention in gynaecological surgery: no. 243, June 2010. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2010;111:193-7 pubmed..The quality of evidence was rated using the criteria described in the Report of the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care. ..
- Wong Y, Smith R, Koppenhaver S. Soft Tissue Mobilization to Resolve Chronic Pain and Dysfunction Associated With Postoperative Abdominal and Pelvic Adhesions: A Case Report. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2015;45:1006-16 pubmed publisher..Studies with a higher level of evidence, including potential comparison between STM and traditional laparoscopic adhesiolysis, are needed to further determine benefits of nonsurgical care for this condition. ..
- Hooker A, de Leeuw R, van de Ven P, Bakkum E, Thurkow A, Vogel N, et al. Prevalence of intrauterine adhesions after the application of hyaluronic acid gel after dilatation and curettage in women with at least one previous curettage: short-term outcomes of a multicenter, prospective randomized controlled trial. Fertil Steril. 2017;107:1223-1231.e3 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to confirm our findings and to evaluate the effect of ACP gel on fertility and reproductive outcomes. NTR 3120. ..