heavy ion radiotherapy
Summary: The use of a heavy ion particle beam for radiotherapy, such as the HEAVY IONS of CARBON.
- Sato K, Azuma R, Imai T, Shimokawa T. Enhancement of mTOR signaling contributes to acquired X-ray and C-ion resistance in mouse squamous carcinoma cell line. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2004-2010 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that activated mTOR signaling contributes to X-ray and C-ion resistance in the X60 cancer cells. ..
- Autsavapromporn N, Liu C, Konishi T. Impact of Co-Culturing with Fractionated Carbon-Ion-Irradiated Cancer Cells on Bystander Normal Cells and Their Progeny. Radiat Res. 2017;188:335-341 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that dose fractionation reduced the late effect of carbon-ion exposure in the progeny of bystander cells compared to the effect in the initial bystander cells. ..
- Wei W, He J, Wang J, Ding N, Wang B, Lin S, et al. Serum microRNAs as Early Indicators for Estimation of Exposure Degree in Response to Ionizing Irradiation. Radiat Res. 2017;188:342-354 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have identified a set of miRNAs that are quite sensitive to different radiation types in the early stages after exposure, demonstrating their potential use as effective indicators to predict the degree of exposure. ..
- He Y, Zhang H, Li H, Zhang Y, Jia Q, Li Z, et al. Differential Proteomics Reveals the Potential Injury Mechanism Induced by Heavy Ion Radiation in Mice Ovaries. Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:301-307 pubmed publisher..The proteomics and biochemical results provide insight into the underlying mechanisms of CIR toxicity in ovarian tissues. ..
- Zhou C, Rong Y, Konishi T, Xiang Z, Zihui F, Hong M. Effect of Carbon-Ion Radiation on Drug Transporters Organic Anion Transporting Polypeptides in Breast Cancer Cells. Radiat Res. 2017;187:689-700 pubmed publisher..Therefore, heavy ions, such as carbon, can affect expression of drug transporters and show promise in facilitating the delivery of antitumor drugs with greater efficiency. ..
- Wakatsuki M, Kato S, Ohno T, Kiyohara H, Karasawa K, Tamaki T, et al. Difference in distant failure site between locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix after C-ion RT. J Radiat Res. 2015;56:523-8 pubmed..507). In conclusion, there were high rates of distant failure after C-ion RT in AC cases regardless of PLN status, and there were high rates of distant failure after C-ion RT, especially PALN failure, in SqCC cases with positive PLNs. ..
- Xie Y, Si J, Wang Y, Li H, Di C, Yan J, et al. E2F is involved in radioresistance of carbon ion induced apoptosis via Bax/caspase 3 signal pathway in human hepatoma cell. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1312-1320 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a scientific rationale for the clinical use of heavy ion as radiotherapy in patients with p53-deficient tumors, which are often resistant to radiotherapy. ..
- Shirai K, Koto M, Demizu Y, Suefuji H, Ohno T, Tsuji H, et al. Multi-institutional retrospective study of mucoepidermoid carcinoma treated with carbon-ion radiotherapy. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1447-1451 pubmed publisher..Carbon-ion radiotherapy was efficacious and safe for treating mucoepidermoid carcinoma in this multi-institutional retrospective study (registration no. UMIN000024473). We are currently undertaking a prospective multicenter study. ..