Summary: The application of repeated, brief periods of vascular occlusion at the onset of REPERFUSION to reduce REPERFUSION INJURY that follows a prolonged ischemic event. The techniques are similar to ISCHEMIC PRECONDITIONING but the time of application is after the ischemic event instead of before.
- Fang R, Zhang L, Zhang L, Li W, Li M, Wen K. Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Postconditioning Protects Against Myocardial Ischemia/reperfusion Injury in Rats via Mitochondrial Signaling and Akt-Gsk3? Phosphorylation. Arch Med Res. 2017;48:147-155 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that S1P postconditioning protects against MIRI by regulating mitochondrial signaling and Akt/Gsk3? phosphorylation. ..
- Cui C, Lin H, Shi Y, Pan R. Hypoxic postconditioning attenuates apoptosis via inactivation of adenosine A2a receptor through NDRG3-Raf-ERK pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:277-284 pubmed publisher..However, the protective effect of hypoxia postconditioning treatment could be inhibited by adding CGS21680, a selective adenosine A2a receptor agonist (all P values < 0.05). ..
- Hahn J, Song Y, Kim E, Yu C, Bae J, Chung W, et al. Response to letters regarding article, "Ischemic postconditioning during primary percutaneous coronary intervention: the effects of postconditioning on myocardial reperfusion in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (POST) ran. Circulation. 2014;130:e54-5 pubmed publisher
- ..The recognition that cell therapy may be cardioprotective, and not just regenerative, merits further exploration before we abandon the pursuit entirely. ..
- Gao Y, Yang H, Chi J, Xu Q, Zhao L, Yang W, et al. Hydrogen Gas Attenuates Myocardial Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Independent of Postconditioning in Rats by Attenuating Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Induced Autophagy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1503-1514 pubmed publisher..To study the effect of inhaling hydrogen gas on myocardial ischemic/reperfusion(I/R) injury in rats...
- Heusch G. Critical Issues for the Translation of Cardioprotection. Circ Res. 2017;120:1477-1486 pubmed publisher..Future trials must focus on interventions/agents with robust preclinical evidence, have solid phase II dosing and timing data, and recruit patients who have truly a chance to benefit from adjunct cardioprotection. ..
- Wang Z, Wang N, Harmouche S, Philip T, Pang X, Bai F, et al. Postconditioning attenuates coronary perivascular and interstitial fibrosis through modulating angiotensin II receptors and angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 after myocardial infarction. J Surg Res. 2017;211:178-190 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Postcon could be selected as an adjunctive intervention with other existing therapeutic drugs to treat the fibrosis-derived heart failure patients after myocardial infarction. ..