Genomes and Genes
molecular targeted therapy
Summary: Treatments with drugs which interact with or block synthesis of specific cellular components characteristic of the individual's disease in order to stop or interrupt the specific biochemical dysfunction involved in progression of the disease.
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Meriggi F, Codignola C, Beretta G, Ceresoli G, Caprioli A, Scartozzi M, et al. Significance of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in Western advanced EGFR-mutated non-small cell lung cancer receiving a targeted therapy. Tumori. 2017;103:443-448 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment NLR seems to represent a reliable, simple, and easy to reproduce laboratory tool to predict outcome and response to cancer therapies in this setting of Western Caucasian patients with EGFR-mutated NSCLC. ..
- Pinto M, Owen G, Retamal I, Garrido M. Angiogenesis inhibitors in early development for gastric cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1007-1017 pubmed publisher..A hypothetical working model that combines ramucirumab with immunotherapy is presented. Also, the impact of nanotechnology and a molecular subtype classification of GC are discussed. ..
- Mora A, Rojas M, Pardo A, Selman M. Emerging therapies for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, a progressive age-related disease. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2017;16:755-772 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we discuss current and emerging therapies for IPF, particularly those targeting age-related mechanisms, and discuss future therapeutic approaches...
- Yotsumoto F, Fukagawa S, Miyata K, Nam S, Katsuda T, Miyahara D, et al. HB-EGF Is a Promising Therapeutic Target for Lung Cancer with Secondary Mutation of EGFRT790M. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3825-3831 pubmed..These results suggest that HB-EGF is a rational target for the treatment of lung cancer with EGFR mutation. ..
- Papo M, Diamond E, Cohen Aubart F, Emile J, Roos Weil D, Gupta N, et al. High prevalence of myeloid neoplasms in adults with non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Blood. 2017;130:1007-1013 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the clinical importance of evaluating adults with histiocytosis for a concomitant myeloid neoplasm. ..
- Sae Lao T, Tohtong R, Bates D, Wongprasert K. Sulfated Galactans from Red Seaweed Gracilaria fisheri Target EGFR and Inhibit Cholangiocarcinoma Cell Proliferation. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:615-633 pubmed publisher..SG presents a potential EGFR targeted molecule, which may be further clinically developed in a combination therapy for CCA treatment. ..
- Liu R, Li H, Gao X, Mi Q, Zhao H, Gao Q. Mannose-conjugated platinum complexes reveals effective tumor targeting mediated by glucose transporter 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:34-40 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study indicate the possibility of subjecting mannose-conjugated platinum complexes as lead compounds for further preclinical evaluation. ..
- Lheureux S, Denoyelle C, Ohashi P, de Bono J, Mottaghy F. Molecularly targeted therapies in cancer: a guide for the nuclear medicine physician. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:41-54 pubmed publisher..This article focuses on the concept of targeted therapy in cancer and the challenges that exist for molecular imaging in cancer care. ..
- Kutkowska J, Porebska I, Rapak A. Non-small cell lung cancer - mutations, targeted and combination therapy. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2017;71:431-445 pubmed..This paper describes the mutations occurring in NSCLC and drugs used in clinical practice as well as being in preclinical development. ..
- Eiber M, Fendler W, Rowe S, Calais J, Hofman M, Maurer T, et al. Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen Ligands for Imaging and Therapy. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:67S-76S pubmed publisher..This review is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the current literature on low-molecular-weight PSMA ligands for both PET imaging and therapeutic approaches, with a focus on agents that have been clinically adopted. ..
- Martinez P, Mak R, Oxnard G. Targeted Therapy as an Alternative to Whole-Brain Radiotherapy in EGFR-Mutant or ALK-Positive Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer With Brain Metastases. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1274-1275 pubmed publisher..Through use of highly active targeted therapies, whole-brain radiotherapy can be safely postponed, diminishing toxic effects that could impair quality of life. ..
- Hung M, Chen K. Reprogramming the oncogenic response: SET protein as a potential therapeutic target in cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:685-694 pubmed publisher..However, more studies are required to clarify the best strategy to combine SET antagonists with other anti-cancer treatments and to explore possible biomarkers that predict responsiveness. ..
- Ruiz Llorente L, Gallardo Vara E, Rossi E, Smadja D, Botella L, Bernabeu C. Endoglin and alk1 as therapeutic targets for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:933-947 pubmed publisher..Because haploinsufficiency is the pathogenic mechanism in HHT, several therapeutic approaches able to enhance protein expression and/or function of endoglin and ALK1 are keys to find novel and efficient treatments for the disease. ..
- Dai J, Belum V, Wu S, Sibaud V, Lacouture M. Pigmentary changes in patients treated with targeted anticancer agents: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:902-910.e2 pubmed publisher..Appropriate counseling and management are critical to minimize psychosocial impairment and deterioration in quality of life. ..
- Miglietta F, Dieci M, Griguolo G, Guarneri V, Conte P. Chemotherapy for advanced HER2-negative breast cancer: Can one algorithm fit all?. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;60:100-108 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this work is to review available evidence on the role of CT for HER2-MBC with particular emphasis on the need to outline personalized therapeutic strategies for each patient. ..
- Mamik M, Power C. Inflammasomes in neurological diseases: emerging pathogenic and therapeutic concepts. Brain. 2017;140:2273-2285 pubmed publisher..We also discuss targeted therapies that regulate inflammasomes and improve neurological outcomes...
- Zhang H, Xiong X, Boesgaard M, Underwood C, Brauner Osborne H, Strømgaard K. Structure-Activity Relationship Studies of the Cyclic Depsipeptide Natural Product YM-254890, Targeting the Gq Protein. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:830-834 pubmed publisher..This provides pertinent information for the understanding of the Gq inhibitory mechanism by this class of compounds and importantly provides a pathway for the development of labeled YM-254890 analogues. ..
- Martín Liberal J, Rodon J. Clinical research in small genomically stratified patient populations. Eur J Cancer. 2017;80:73-82 pubmed publisher..This article examines the most relevant challenges inherent to clinical research in these populations. Moreover, perspectives from the Academia point of view are reviewed as well as initiatives to be taken in forthcoming years. ..
- Michelson A, Bhatt D. How I use laboratory monitoring of antiplatelet therapy. Blood. 2017;130:713-721 pubmed publisher..Available evidence does not support the use of laboratory tests to guide the dose of aspirin or clopidogrel in patients with so-called aspirin or clopidogrel "resistance." ..
- Volpe V, Klufas D, Hegde U, Grant Kels J. The new paradigm of systemic therapies for metastatic melanoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:356-368 pubmed publisher..The translational impact of laboratory discoveries has revolutionized management of metastatic melanoma and enhanced the prognosis of affected patients. ..
- Mirouse A, Cacoub P, Desbois A, Comarmond C, Pagnoux C, Saadoun D. Investigational drugs in systemic vasculitis. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1049-1061 pubmed publisher..Some of these therapies are promising in GC sparing effects, in reducing relapse rate, and for their safety profile. These results need to be confirmed in large-scale phase III studies. ..
- Tan D, Chong F, Leong H, Toh S, Lau D, Kwang X, et al. Long noncoding RNA EGFR-AS1 mediates epidermal growth factor receptor addiction and modulates treatment response in squamous cell carcinoma. Nat Med. 2017;23:1167-1175 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals how a 'silent' mutation influences the levels of a lncRNA, resulting in noncanonical EGFR addiction, and delineates a new predictive biomarker suite for response to EGFR TKIs. ..
- Inamura K, Yokouchi Y, Kobayashi M, Ninomiya H, Sakakibara R, Subat S, et al. Association of tumor TROP2 expression with prognosis varies among lung cancer subtypes. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28725-28735 pubmed publisher..13, 95% CI = 0.020-0.44, P = 0.0003). Our results suggest a differential role for TROP2 in different lung cancer subtypes. ..
- Lindsley C, Hopkins C. Return of D4 Dopamine Receptor Antagonists in Drug Discovery. J Med Chem. 2017;60:7233-7243 pubmed publisher..This report will review the historical data for D4, review the known D4 ligands, and then highlight new data supporting a role for D4 inhibition in addiction, PD, and cancer. ..
- Lim S, Menzies A, Rizos H. Mechanisms and strategies to overcome resistance to molecularly targeted therapy for melanoma. Cancer. 2017;123:2118-2129 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:2118-29. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Wang Q, Chen X, Hay N. Akt as a target for cancer therapy: more is not always better (lessons from studies in mice). Br J Cancer. 2017;117:159-163 pubmed publisher..These findings may explain some of the side effects exerted by pan-PI3K and pan-Akt inhibitors and suggest that close attention must be paid when targeting all Akt isoforms as a therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ricklin D, Barratt Due A, Mollnes T. Complement in clinical medicine: Clinical trials, case reports and therapy monitoring. Mol Immunol. 2017;89:10-21 pubmed publisher..However, this progress also requires a new awareness about complement pathophysiology, adequate diagnostic tools and suitable treatment options among clinicians treating patients with such disorders. ..
- Issa D, Wattacheril J, Sanyal A. Treatment options for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis - a safety evaluation. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2017;16:903-913 pubmed publisher..Several exciting therapies are under development and results of clinical and post-marketing trials will help elucidate their safety. ..
- Sivignon A, Bouckaert J, Bernard J, Gouin S, Barnich N. The potential of FimH as a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of Crohn's disease. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:837-847 pubmed publisher..coli-colonized CD patient subgroup. Ongoing research continues to improve the pharmacokinetic properties of mannosides, and hopefully, clinical trials will be performed in CD patients in the near future. ..
- Sacco P, Gridelli C. An update on the developing mitotic inhibitors for the treatment of non-small cell carcinoma. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2017;22:213-222 pubmed publisher..Thus, the therapeutic management of patients with advanced NSCLC represents an ongoing challenge and novel agents targeting mitosis are under investigation. ..
- Shimokawa M, Ohta Y, Nishikori S, Matano M, Takano A, Fujii M, et al. Visualization and targeting of LGR5+ human colon cancer stem cells. Nature. 2017;545:187-192 pubmed publisher..We also show that combined chemotherapy potentiates targeting of LGR5+ CSCs. These data provide insights into the plasticity of CSCs and their potential as a therapeutic target in human colorectal cancer. ..
- Sellamuthu S, Singh M, Kumar A, Singh S. Type-II NADH Dehydrogenase (NDH-2): a promising therapeutic target for antitubercular and antibacterial drug discovery. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:559-570 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is highly desirable to optimize phenothiazine class of compounds for the development of next generation anti-TB drugs. ..
- Thambisetty M. Understanding mechanisms and seeking cures for Alzheimer's disease: why we must be "extraordinarily diverse". Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C353-C361 pubmed publisher..We believe that applying this strategy to understand longitudinal changes in human physiology during aging is of paramount importance in identifying meaningful opportunities to intervene effectively in AD. ..
- Fleuren E, Vlenterie M, van der Graaf W, Hillebrandt Roeffen M, Blackburn J, Ma X, et al. Phosphoproteomic Profiling Reveals ALK and MET as Novel Actionable Targets across Synovial Sarcoma Subtypes. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4279-4292 pubmed publisher..Consequently, our integrated approach has led to the identification of ALK and MET as promising therapeutic targets in SS. Cancer Res; 77(16); 4279-92. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Wang S, Zhou R, Sun F, Li R, Wang M, Wu M. The two novel DLL4-targeting antibody-drug conjugates MvM03 and MGD03 show potent anti-tumour activity in breast cancer xenograft models. Cancer Lett. 2017;409:125-136 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that anti-DLL4 ADCs have promising potential as an effective therapy for breast cancer. ..
- Tabatabaian F, Ledford D, Casale T. Biologic and New Therapies in Asthma. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2017;37:329-343 pubmed publisher..It is important to recognize that none of the current medications targeting the Th2 pathway induces persistent immunomodulation or remission. ..
- Szender J, Papanicolau Sengos A, Eng K, Miliotto A, Lugade A, Gnjatic S, et al. NY-ESO-1 expression predicts an aggressive phenotype of ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;145:420-425 pubmed publisher..In support, our study reveals that NY-ESO-1+ patients enrolled on immunotherapy trials targeting the antigen exhibited an improvement in OS. ..
- Donini S, Garavaglia S, Ferraris D, Miggiano R, Mori S, Shibayama K, et al. Biochemical and structural investigations on phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase from Mycobacterium smegmatis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175815 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis PrsA inhibitors of potential pharmacological interest. ..
- Lin Y, Dong J, Tang Y, Ni H, Zhang Y, Su P, et al. Opening a New Time Window for Treatment of Stroke by Targeting HDAC2. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6712-6728 pubmed publisher..Thus, precisely targeting histone deacetylase 2 in the window phase provides a novel therapeutic strategy for stroke recovery. ..
- Sena I, Prazeres P, Santos G, Borges I, Azevedo P, Andreotti J, et al. Identity of Gli1+ cells in the bone marrow. Exp Hematol. 2017;54:12-16 pubmed publisher..This work introduces a new central cellular target for bone marrow fibrosis. The knowledge that emerges from this research will be important for the treatment of several malignant and nonmalignant disorders. ..
- Janouskova H, El Tekle G, Bellini E, Udeshi N, Rinaldi A, Ulbricht A, et al. Opposing effects of cancer-type-specific SPOP mutants on BET protein degradation and sensitivity to BET inhibitors. Nat Med. 2017;23:1046-1054 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we provide a molecular rationale for the use of BET inhibitors to treat patients with endometrial but not prostate cancer who harbor SPOP mutations. ..
- Chedid V, Camilleri M. Relamorelin for the treatment of gastrointestinal motility disorders. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1189-1197 pubmed publisher..The absence of neurological or cardiovascular adverse effects places it at an advantage over other available therapies. Once approved, it will likely become the drug of first choice for DG. ..
- Kraniak J, Chalasani A, Wallace M, Mattingly R. Development of 3D culture models of plexiform neurofibroma and initial application for phenotypic characterization and drug screening. Exp Neurol. 2018;299:289-298 pubmed publisher..The proteolytic capacity of the PN cells in the model may be a clinically significant property that can be used for testing the ability of drugs to inhibit their invasive phenotype. ..
- Kojima R, Scheller L, Fussenegger M. Nonimmune cells equipped with T-cell-receptor-like signaling for cancer cell ablation. Nat Chem Biol. 2018;14:42-49 pubmed publisher..Our study also contributes to the advancement of synthetic biology by extending available design principles to transmit extracellular information to cells. ..
- Cao B, Zhou X, Ma J, Zhou W, Yang W, Fan D, et al. Role of MiRNAs in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1426-1438 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have also elaborated the promising role of miRNAs in IBD-related cancer prevention and prognosis prediction. ..
- Lebellec L, Chauffert B, Blay J, Le Cesne A, Chevreau C, Bompas E, et al. Advanced chordoma treated by first-line molecular targeted therapies: Outcomes and prognostic factors. A retrospective study of the French Sarcoma Group (GSF/GETO) and the Association des Neuro-Oncologues d'Expression Française (ANOCEF). Eur J Cancer. 2017;79:119-128 pubmed publisher..024). The PFS and OS did not significantly differ between the MTT. The prognostic factors identified require validation in an independent database but are potently useful to guide treatment decisions and design further clinical trials. ..
- Ratan R, Patel S. Trabectedin and Eribulin: Where Do They Fit in the Management of Soft Tissue Sarcoma?. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2017;18:34 pubmed publisher..Combinations of trabectedin with other agents, particularly doxorubicin, have been explored, but the data to date do not support the routine use of these regimens. ..
- Mistry I, Thomas M, Calder E, Conway S, Hammond E. Clinical Advances of Hypoxia-Activated Prodrugs in Combination With Radiation Therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:1183-1196 pubmed publisher..We review the clinical progress of HAPs as adjuncts to radiation therapy and conclude that the use of HAPs alongside radiation is vastly underexplored at the clinical level. ..
- Ivey J, Latouche E, Richards M, Lesser G, Debinski W, Davalos R, et al. Enhancing Irreversible Electroporation by Manipulating Cellular Biophysics with a Molecular Adjuvant. Biophys J. 2017;113:472-480 pubmed publisher..Finally, this novel, to our knowledge, combinatorial approach may provide a paradigm to enhance in vivo tumor ablation through a molecular manipulation of cellular morphology before IRE application. ..
- Eto M. [New Treatment Options for Renal Cell Carcinoma - Efficacy and Safety of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2017;44:667-673 pubmed..Regarding safety, immune-related adverse events(irAEs)with a profile that may be different from those of conventional drugs, and in addition to fully understanding these features, we need to be familiar with how to manage irAEs. ..
- Fani M, Nicolas G, Wild D. Somatostatin Receptor Antagonists for Imaging and Therapy. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:61S-66S pubmed publisher..Evidence based on preclinical work, on quantitative in vivo autoradiography of human tumor slices, and on human data now supports a shift to sstr antagonists. ..
- Suh D, Kim M, Kim K, Kim H, Lee K, Kim J. Major clinical research advances in gynecologic cancer in 2016: 10-year special edition. J Gynecol Oncol. 2017;28:e45 pubmed publisher..For breast cancer, adaptively randomized trials, extending aromatase inhibitor therapy, and ribociclib and palbociclib were introduced. ..
- Klein Szanto A, Bassi D. Proprotein convertase inhibition: Paralyzing the cell's master switches. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;140:8-15 pubmed publisher..The development of allosteric inhibitors, or specific agents directed against individual PCs is one of the challenges to be unraveled in the future. ..
- Zahid U, Akbar F, Amaraneni A, Husnain M, Chan O, Riaz I, et al. A Review of Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation in Lymphoma. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2017;12:217-226 pubmed publisher..The role of novel agents to improve disease-related parameters remains to be elucidated in frontline induction, disease salvage, and high-dose consolidation or in the maintenance setting. ..
- Yang Y, Yu T, Jiang S, Zhang Y, Li M, Tang N, et al. miRNAs as potential therapeutic targets and diagnostic biomarkers for cardiovascular disease with a particular focus on WO2010091204. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2017;27:1021-1029 pubmed publisher..Overall, targeting miRNAs is definitely a promising strategy to be investigated for diagnosis and treatment of CVDs in future, however, the delivery system and off-targets effects are still a difficult challenge need to be elucidated. ..
- Strzepa A, Pritchard K, Dittel B. Myeloperoxidase: A new player in autoimmunity. Cell Immunol. 2017;317:1-8 pubmed publisher..Mechanisms whereby MPO is thought to contribute to disease pathogenesis include tuning of adaptive immune responses and/or the induction of vascular permeability. ..
- Dede A, Makras P, Anastasilakis A. Investigational anabolic agents for the treatment of osteoporosis: an update on recent developments. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1137-1144 pubmed publisher..Other more promising molecules are still at very early stages of development. FDA recently requested more data on Romosozumab. ..
- Semenova G, Stepanova D, Dubyk C, Handorf E, Deyev S, Lazar A, et al. Targeting group I p21-activated kinases to control malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor growth and metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5421-5431 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide new insights into MPNST signaling deregulation and suggest that co-targeting of PAK1/2/3 and MEK1/2 may be effective in the treatment of patients with MPNSTs. ..
- Itamochi H, Oishi T, Oumi N, Takeuchi S, Yoshihara K, Mikami M, et al. Whole-genome sequencing revealed novel prognostic biomarkers and promising targets for therapy of ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:717-724 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our whole-genome sequencing data highlight important pathways for molecular and biological characterisations and potential therapeutic targeting in OCCC. ..
- Perez Lloret S, Otero Losada M, Toblli J, Capani F. Renin-angiotensin system as a potential target for new therapeutic approaches in Parkinson's disease. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1163-1173 pubmed publisher..RAS is a promising target for symptomatic and neuroprotective therapies in PD. Further studies in PD animal models and patients are warranted. ..
- Al Bandar M, Kim N. Current status and future perspectives on treatment of liver metastasis in colorectal cancer (Review). Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2553-2564 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe current status and controversies related to treatment options for CRC liver metastases and its potential for enhancing oncologic outcomes and improving quality of life. ..
- Cui T, Hou H, Sun Y, Cang H, Wang X. Uncovering Drug Mechanism of Action by Proteome Wide- Identification of Drug-Binding Proteins. Med Chem. 2017;13:526-535 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these approaches also provide a powerful arsenal for exploring the signaling pathways of small molecule second messengers, signaling lipids and other regulatory metabolites. ..
- Meyer S. Mechanisms of Resistance to JAK2 Inhibitors in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2017;31:627-642 pubmed publisher..Alternative targeting of JAK2 by HSP90 inhibitors or type II JAK2 inhibition overcomes resistance to current JAK2 inhibitors. Additional combined therapy approaches are currently being evaluated. ..
- Kersseboom S, van Gucht A, van Mullem A, Brigante G, Farina S, Carlsson B, et al. Role of the Bile Acid Transporter SLC10A1 in Liver Targeting of the Lipid-Lowering Thyroid Hormone Analog Eprotirome. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3307-3318 pubmed publisher..However, Slc10a1 does not appear to be critical for the liver targeting of this TH analog in mice. Therefore, the importance of SLC10A1 for liver uptake of eprotirome in humans remains to be elucidated. ..
- Robak P, Robak T. Novel synthetic drugs currently in clinical development for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1249-1265 pubmed publisher..Expert opinion: The use of new synthetic drugs is a promising strategy for the treatment of CLL. Data from ongoing and future clinical trials will aid in better defining the status of new drugs in the treatment of CLL. ..
- Strickler J, Wu C, Bekaii Saab T. Targeting BRAF in metastatic colorectal cancer: Maximizing molecular approaches. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;60:109-119 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this review highlights novel therapeutic strategies aimed at enhancing response and improving outcomes. ..
- Takeuchi A, Oguri T, Sone K, Ito K, Kitamura Y, Inoue Y, et al. Predictive and Prognostic Value of CYFRA 21-1 for Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Treated with EGFR-TKIs. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5771-5776 pubmed..But little is known regarding the clinical value of serum tumor marker levels measured prior to treatment...
- Ettinger D, Wood D, Aisner D, Akerley W, Bauman J, Chirieac L, et al. Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Version 5.2017, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2017;15:504-535 pubmed..For example, new recommendations were added for atezolizumab, ceritinib, osimertinib, and pembrolizumab for the 2017 updates. ..
- Murai J. Targeting DNA repair and replication stress in the treatment of ovarian cancer. Int J Clin Oncol. 2017;22:619-628 pubmed publisher..The review also presents the strategies combining these inhibitors with DNA damaging agents for ovarian cancer therapy based on specific gene alterations. ..
- Sánchez Gastaldo A, Kempf E, González Del Alba A, Duran I. Systemic treatment of renal cell cancer: A comprehensive review. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;60:77-89 pubmed publisher..Mechanism of action, preclinical and clinical development and ongoing trials, are presented for each agent, providing a broad vision of the current state of targeted therapy in RCC and possible future developments. ..
- Luke J, Flaherty K, Ribas A, Long G. Targeted agents and immunotherapies: optimizing outcomes in melanoma. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2017;14:463-482 pubmed publisher..We summarize the state of the field and outline a rational approach to frontline-treatment selection for each individual patient with BRAF-mutant melanoma. ..
- Lu W, Cheng F, Yan W, Li X, Yao X, Song W, et al. Selective targeting p53WT lung cancer cells harboring homozygous p53 Arg72 by an inhibitor of CypA. Oncogene. 2017;36:4719-4731 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates that pharmacologic inhibition of CypA offers a potential therapeutic strategy via specific activation of p53-72R in NSCLC. ..
- Kunimasa K, Nagano T, Shimono Y, Dokuni R, Kiriu T, Tokunaga S, et al. Glucose metabolism-targeted therapy and withaferin A are effective for epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor-induced drug-tolerant persisters. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1368-1377 pubmed publisher..Withaferin A effectively eliminated the CD133high cell population. The combination of phloretin and withaferin A effectively suppressed gefitinib-resistant tumor growth. ..
- Austermann J, Zenker S, Roth J. S100-alarmins: potential therapeutic targets for arthritis. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:739-751 pubmed publisher..In murine models, the blockade of S100A8/S100A9 ameliorates inflammatory processes, including arthritis, and there are several lines of evidence that S100-alarmins may already be targeted in therapeutic approaches in man. ..
- Lee A, Jang Y, Hong S, Chang S, Park S, Kim S, et al. Ephedrine-induced mitophagy via oxidative stress in human hepatic stellate cells. J Toxicol Sci. 2017;42:461-473 pubmed publisher..Excessive mitophagy lead to cell death through imbalance of autophagic flux. Moreover, antioxidants and reducing Parkin level could serve as therapeutic targets for ephedrine-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Li H, Chintalapudi S, Jablonski M. Current drug and molecular therapies for the treatment of atrophic age-related macular degeneration: phase I to phase III clinical development. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:1103-1114 pubmed publisher..We propose that the assessment of novel interventions will also need to consider the genotypes of participants, as the benefit may be determined by polymorphisms in an individual's genetic background. ..
- Lee J, Saiful Yazan L, Che Abdullah C. A review on current nanomaterials and their drug conjugate for targeted breast cancer treatment. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2373-2384 pubmed publisher..Their advantages, disadvantages and previously conducted studies were highlighted. ..
- Skafida E, Kokkali S, Nikolaou M, Digklia A. Metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: current treatment landscape and future perspectives. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2017;17:537-543 pubmed publisher..Clinical management of advanced STS should be tailored to each patient in order to optimize therapy. ..
- Manning B, Toker A. AKT/PKB Signaling: Navigating the Network. Cell. 2017;169:381-405 pubmed publisher..Improved understanding of the molecular wiring of the AKT signaling network continues to make an impact that cuts across most disciplines of the biomedical sciences. ..
- Izutsu K. Malignant lymphoma: pathophysiology and current therapy. Rinsho Ketsueki. 2017;58:480-486 pubmed publisher..Finally, the molecular mechanisms behind the efficacy of immune checkpoint inhibitors, such as anti-programmed cell death 1 antibody in Hodgkin lymphoma, and other lymphoma subtypes were discussed. ..
- Narita T, Ishida T, Ito A, Masaki A, Kinoshita S, Suzuki S, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 9 is a novel specific molecular target in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Blood. 2017;130:1114-1124 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study indicates that BAY 1143572 showed strong potential as a novel treatment of ATL. ..