Genomes and Genes
Summary: Injections introduced directly into localized lesions.
- Giorgio A, Di Sarno A, de Stefano G, Farella N, Matteucci P, Scognamiglio U, et al. Percutaneous treatment of Hydatid Liver Cyst. Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov. 2009;4:29-36 pubmed..Finally, clinical flow-chart of active and inactive HLCs is reported. The present article is a review of some patents in the Hydatid liver cyst. ..
- Noori S, Hassan Z, Mohammadi M, Habibi Z, Sohrabi N, Bayanolhagh S. Sclareol modulates the Treg intra-tumoral infiltrated cell and inhibits tumor growth in vivo. Cell Immunol. 2010;263:148-53 pubmed publisher..By all means, the findings confirmed that the activity of Sclareol could reduce the tumor growth in vivo against breast cancer. ..
- Veselka J, Zemanek D, Tomasov P, Duchonová R, Linhartova K. Alcohol septal ablation for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: ultra-low dose of alcohol (1 ml) is still effective. Heart Vessels. 2009;24:27-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ultra-low dose of alcohol (1 ml) is still effective in the treatment of the majority of HOCM patients without extreme septum hypertrophy (<31 mm). ..
- Rovera F, Frattini F, Marelli M, Corben A, Vanoli C, Dionigi G, et al. Radio-guided occult lesion localization versus wire-guided localization in non-palpable breast lesions. Int J Surg. 2008;6 Suppl 1:S101-3 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the results of this breast surgical procedure provided by several published papers. ..
- Thompson M, Korourian S, Henry Tillman R, Adkins L, Mumford S, Smith M, et al. Intraoperative radioisotope injection for sentinel lymph node biopsy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2008;15:3216-21 pubmed publisher..Intraoperative subareolar injection of Tc-99 localizes the SLN and avoids the pain, vasovagal events, delays, and cost associated with preoperative procedure. ..
- Otero L, Bonilla C, Aguayo C, Zurita M, Vaquero J. Intralesional administration of allogeneic bone marrow stromal cells reduces functional deficits after intracerebral hemorrhage. Histol Histopathol. 2010;25:453-61 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that local administration of allogeneic BMSC could be useful to reduce the neurological deficits caused by intracerebral hemorrhage. ..
- Brunello F, Veltri A, Carucci P, Pagano E, Ciccone G, Moretto P, et al. Radiofrequency ablation versus ethanol injection for early hepatocellular carcinoma: A randomized controlled trial. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2008;43:727-35 pubmed publisher..The 1-year CR rate after percutaneous treatment of early HCC was significantly better with RFA than with PEI but did not provide a clear survival advantage in cirrhotic patients. ..
- Maturo S, Hartnick C. Use of 532-nm pulsed potassium titanyl phosphate laser and adjuvant intralesional bevacizumab for aggressive respiratory papillomatosis in children: initial experience. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010;136:561-5 pubmed publisher..debridement with a microdebrider, pulsed potassium titanyl phosphate laser treatments, and adjuvant intralesional injections with bevacizumab (1.25 mg total)...
- Cohen S, Strassels S, Foster L, Marvel J, Williams K, Crooks M, et al. Comparison of fluoroscopically guided and blind corticosteroid injections for greater trochanteric pain syndrome: multicentre randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2009;338:b1088 pubmed publisher..Although using fluoroscopic guidance dramatically increases treatment costs for greater trochanteric pain syndrome, it does not necessarily improve outcomes. Clinical trials NCT00480675. ..
- Bicakci U, Tander B, Deveci G, Rizalar R, Ariturk E, Bernay F. Minimally invasive management of children with caustic ingestion: less pain for patients. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:251-5 pubmed publisher..This method of dilatation is also safe and iatrogenic esophageal perforation is very unlikely. ..
- Dubrot J, Palazon A, Alfaro C, Azpilikueta A, Ochoa M, Rouzaut A, et al. Intratumoral injection of interferon-? and systemic delivery of agonist anti-CD137 monoclonal antibodies synergize for immunotherapy. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:105-18 pubmed publisher..The described strategy is realistic because (i) agents of each kind are clinically available and (ii) equivalent procedures in humans are feasible. ..
- Ashida R, Chang K. Interventional EUS for the treatment of pancreatic cancer. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2009;16:592-7 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on interventional EUS in the treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Chen Z, Lin L, Weng X, Xue E, Lin Y. Interstitial chemotherapy with ricin-loaded thermosensitive hydrogel in pancreatic cancer xenograft. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2009;8:418-23 pubmed..Inducing apoptosis by downregulating Bcl2 expression and upregulating Bax expression may be a key molecular mechanism. ..
- Cohen S, Haimovich J, Hollander N. Dendritic cell-based therapeutic vaccination against myeloma: vaccine formulation determines efficacy against light chain myeloma. J Immunol. 2009;182:1667-73 pubmed..Vaccination with tumor cell-loaded DCs may, however, induce an effective antitumor response. ..
- Luo T, Shih Y, Chen C, Tang I, Wu Y, Kung H, et al. Evaluating the potential of (188)Re-ECD/lipiodol as a therapeutic radiopharmaceutical by intratumoral injection for hepatoma treatment. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2009;24:535-41 pubmed publisher..05). (188)Re-ECD/lipiodol via direct intratumoral injection shows potential for treating hepatoma and warrants further clinical trials. ..
- Bonventre S, Frazzetta M, Sammartano A, Di Trapani B, Tavormina A, Sciortino A, et al. [Infected pancreatic pseudocysts: technical notes]. G Chir. 2008;29:265-70 pubmed
- Ely H, Pascucci A. Merkel cell carcinoma: treatment with bleomycin. Dermatol Online J. 2008;14:3 pubmed..Bleomycin, besides being a potent chemotherapy agent, has direct antiviral effects that may explain why this drug is so effective in treating Merkel cell carcinoma. ..
- Saetti R, Silvestrini M, Cutrone C, Narne S. Treatment of congenital subglottic hemangiomas: our experience compared with reports in the literature. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;134:848-51 pubmed publisher..Treatment with intralesional or systemic corticosteroids could have an adjuvant role. ..
- Smith J, Finnoff J, Santaella Sante B, Henning T, Levy B, Lai J. Sonographically guided popliteus tendon sheath injection: techniques and accuracy. J Ultrasound Med. 2010;29:775-82 pubmed..Although the longitudinal approach is potentially more accurate, both approaches may result in injectate overflow into the knee joint, likely through the popliteus hiatus. ..
- Angelini P, Bandula W. Retractable-needle catheters: an update on local drug delivery in coronary interventions. Tex Heart Inst J. 2008;35:419-24 pubmed..Herein, we review the evolution and current status of local drug delivery in the coronary arteries, with an emphasis on novel catheters that have retractable needles. ..
- Kang H, Roh Y, Kim H. The treatment of metastasis to the femoral neck using percutaneous hollow perforated screws with cement augmentation. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009;91:1078-82 pubmed publisher..Good structural stability and satisfactory relief from pain were achieved in all the patients. This technique may be useful in the palliation of metastases in the femoral neck. ..
- Søndergaard H, Galsgaard E, Bartholomaeussen M, Straten P, Odum N, Skak K. Intratumoral interleukin-21 increases antitumor immunity, tumor-infiltrating CD8+ T-cell density and activity, and enlarges draining lymph nodes. J Immunother. 2010;33:236-49 pubmed publisher..IT administration led to superior CD8 T-cell proliferation, effector function, and antitumor efficacy, suggesting that IT administration of IL-21 may be clinically useful in patients with unresectable tumors. ..
- Washburn K, Bissett W, Fajt V, Libal M, Fosgate G, Miga J, et al. Comparison of three treatment regimens for sheep and goats with caseous lymphadenitis. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2009;234:1162-6 pubmed publisher..Use of tulathromycin and penicillin in this study constituted extralabel drug use, which would require extended withholding times before milk or meat of treated sheep and goats can be sold for human consumption. ..
- Palamaras I, Kench P, Thomson P, Al Dulaimi A, Stevens H, Robles W. An unusual presentation of a common disease. Dermatol Online J. 2008;14:4 pubmed..Spontaneous remission has also been reported in up to 77 percent in one case series. ..
- Zhuang C, Cao P, Zheng T, Yang Y, Zhang Z, Chen W. [Intradiscal interventional therapy for degenerative chronic discogenic low back pain with end-plate Modic changes]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:2490-4 pubmed..But the synergistic application of songmeile (cervus & cucumis polypeptide injection) can maintain the analgesic effect and duration with a decreased dose of steroids. ..
- Roh J, Park C. Treatment of benign thyroid cysts by intracystic injection of OK-432. Surgery. 2008;144:775-9 pubmed publisher..Intracystic injection of OK-432 may be a safe and effective treatment for benign thyroid cysts. ..
- Ueda H, Meguri N, Minaguchi J, Watanabe T, Nagayasu A, Hosaka Y, et al. Effect of collagen oligopeptide injection on rabbit tenositis. J Vet Med Sci. 2008;70:1295-300 pubmed..In contrast, the size distribution of collagen fibrils, GAG composition and the amount of pro-MMP-2 was similar to those in the normal group. These results suggest that COP injection promotes healing processes of the tendon injury. ..
- Hsieh M, Madden Fuentes R, Lindsay N, Roth D. Treatment of pediatric vesicoureteral reflux using endoscopic injection of hyaluronic acid/dextranomer gel: intermediate-term experience by a single surgeon. Urology. 2010;76:199-203 pubmed publisher..Endoscopic treatment with non-animal-stabilized hyaluronic acid/dextranomer gel is effective in a high proportion of children with vesicoureteral reflux and, in our opinion, should be considered as a first-line treatment option. ..
- Lightner D, Fox J, Klingele C. Cystoscopic injections of dextranomer hyaluronic acid into proximal urethra for urethral incompetence: efficacy and adverse outcomes. Urology. 2010;75:1310-4 pubmed publisher..We sought to determine whether the failure of the treatment lay in the material itself or the use of a blind, midurethral injection technique...
- Ryan M, Wong A, Taunton J. Favorable outcomes after sonographically guided intratendinous injection of hyperosmolar dextrose for chronic insertional and midportion achilles tendinosis. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;194:1047-53 pubmed publisher..Dextrose injections appear to present a low-cost and safe treatment alternative with good long-term evidence for reducing pain from pathology at either the insertion or midportion of the Achilles tendon. ..
- Sorrell J, Carmichael C, Chamlin S. Oral sucrose for pain relief in young infants with hemangiomas treated with intralesional steroids. Pediatr Dermatol. 2010;27:154-5 pubmed publisher..Most often, topical or intralesional anesthesia is deferred when treating hemangiomas of infancy with intralesional corticosteroids. We use oral sucrose as a compassionate option. ..
- Lee K, Rosas H. Musculoskeletal ultrasound: how to treat calcific tendinitis of the rotator cuff by ultrasound-guided single-needle lavage technique. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:638 pubmed publisher..On completion of this video article, the participant should be able to develop an appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic algorithm for the treatment of calcific tendinitis of the rotator cuff using ultrasound. ..
- Summers P, Richards Altmon P, Halder R. Treatment of recalcitrant verruca vulgaris with Candida antigen in patient with human immunodeficiency virus. J Drugs Dermatol. 2009;8:268-9 pubmed..This case reports a complete response of verruca vulgaris to intralesional Candida antigen in an immunocompromised patient. ..
- Clementson M, Lorén I, Dahlberg L, Aström M. Sclerosing injections in midportion Achilles tendinopathy: a retrospective study of 25 patients. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2008;16:887-90 pubmed publisher..Our results are comparable to those obtained with surgery, but the procedure is less invasive. However, a few cases of tendinosis lack detectable neovessels and may still be candidates for surgery. ..
- Yoo G, Subramanian G, Piechocki M, Ensley J, Kucuk O, Tulunay O, et al. Effect of docetaxel on the surgical tumor microenvironment of head and neck cancer in murine models. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;134:735-42 pubmed publisher..These preclinical results support further testing of IW docetaxel treatment in HNSCC. Docetaxel appears to exert antitumor activity without affecting factors involved in wound healing in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Tsai W, Cheng J, Lai K, Lin C, Lo G, Hsu P, et al. Clinical trial: percutaneous acetic acid injection vs. percutaneous ethanol injection for small hepatocellular carcinoma--a long-term follow-up study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008;28:304-11 pubmed..4 +/- 1.0 vs. 2.9 +/- 1.3, P = 0.018). Percutaneous acetic acid injection required fewer treatment sessions than PEI and provided better survival after long-term follow-up. ..
- Cunha Filho R, Almeida H. Angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophilia: excellent response to intralesional triamcinolone. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2008;74:160 pubmed
- Santos Rodrigues A, Silva Santana A, Crociati Meguins L, Felgueiras Rolo D, Lobato Ferreira M, Ribeiro Braga C. Subcapsular hematoma of the liver due to intercostal anesthesic blockage after cholecystectomy: case report. G Chir. 2009;30:359-61 pubmed..Therefore, it must be carried through in well selected cases; Anyway nowadays, there are efficient drugs for the control of postoperative pain. ..
- Jaissle G, Ulmer A, Henke Fahle S, Fierlbeck G, Bartz Schmidt K, Szurman P. Suppression of melanoma-associated neoangiogenesis by bevacizumab. Arch Dermatol. 2008;144:525-7 pubmed publisher..Because we could not demonstrate a direct antiproliferative effect of bevacizumab on melanoma metastasis, bevacizumab seems most promising if evaluated in combination with antiproliferative agents. ..
- Herbella F, Aquino J, Stefani Nakano S, Artifon E, Sakai P, Crema E, et al. Treatment of achalasia: lessons learned with Chagas' disease. Dis Esophagus. 2008;21:461-7 pubmed publisher..Minimally invasive approach to esophageal resection may change this concept, although few centers perform the procedure routinely. ..
- Fernández Vozmediano J, Armario Hita J. Treatment of basal cell carcinoma of the nasal pyramid with intralesional interferon alfa-2b. J Drugs Dermatol. 2010;9:381-4 pubmed..These results suggest that intralesional interferon alfa-2b is a safe and effective nonsurgical alternative approach to treat BCC of the nasal pyramid. ..
- Dummer R, Eichmuller S, Gellrich S, Assaf C, Dreno B, Schiller M, et al. Phase II clinical trial of intratumoral application of TG1042 (adenovirus-interferon-gamma) in patients with advanced cutaneous T-cell lymphomas and multilesional cutaneous B-cell lymphomas. Mol Ther. 2010;18:1244-7 pubmed publisher..multicenter study evaluating the effects of repeated TG1042 [adenovirus-interferon (IFN)-gamma] intralesional injections in patients with primary CLs, of which 18 were of T-cell and 3 of B-cell type...
- Steinbok P, Hukin J. Intracystic treatments for craniopharyngioma. Neurosurg Focus. 2010;28:E13 pubmed publisher..In this paper, the role of intracystic therapies is reviewed, with the major focus on intracystic bleomycin and interferon-alpha...
- Paul C, Samdani A, Betz R, Fischer I, Neuhuber B. Grafting of human bone marrow stromal cells into spinal cord injury: a comparison of delivery methods. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:328-34 pubmed publisher..It is superior to IV delivery and, together with the potential for autologous transplantation, lends itself for clinical application. ..
- Layegh P, Pezeshkpoor F, Soruri A, Naviafar P, Moghiman T. Efficacy of cryotherapy versus intralesional meglumine antimoniate (glucantime) for treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis in children. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;80:172-5 pubmed..Because of its simplicity, lower cost, low rate of serious complications, and greater tolerability, cryotherapy should be recommended as an appropriate alternative treatment for leishmaniasis in children...
- Konas E, Canter H, Cil B, Peynircioglu B, Karabulut E, Tuncbilek G, et al. Volumetric assessment of results of treatment of vascular malformations of the head and neck regions treated with a minimally invasive surgical technique after embolization procedure. J Craniofac Surg. 2009;20:402-5 pubmed publisher..Using 3-dimensional imaging modalities helps patients and/or their relatives to understand their disease and participate in the decision-making process. ..
- Hunt K, Bergeson A, Coffin C, Randall R. Percutaneous curettage and bone grafting for humeral simple bone cysts. Orthopedics. 2009;32:89 pubmed..As expected, partial recurrence of active cysts after treatment with this method is high. This percutaneous technique is a safe and effective treatment for humeral simple bone cysts...
- Gabel R, Klopsch C, Furlani D, Yerebakan C, Li W, Ugurlucan M, et al. Single high-dose intramyocardial administration of erythropoietin promotes early intracardiac proliferation, proves safety and restores cardiac performance after myocardial infarction in rats. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;9:20-5; discussion 25 pubmed publisher..Single high-dose intramyocardial EPO delivery proved safety and promoted early intracardiac cell proliferation, which might in part have contributed to an attenuated myocardial functional decline. ..
- Himpson R, Cohen C, Sibbons P, Phillips R. An experimentally successful new sphincter-conserving treatment for anal fistula. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009;52:602-8 pubmed publisher..Removal of the fistula track followed by injection of collagen healed all of the cases. The addition of autologous fibroblasts improved the histologic appearance of the tracks. A pilot study in human fistula patients is in progress. ..