Genomes and Genes
Summary: A synuclein that is closely related to ALPHA-SYNUCLEIN. It may play a neuroprotective role against some of the toxic effects of aggregated ALPHA-SYNUCLEIN.
- Fuller B, Gold M, Wang K, Ottens A. Effects of environmental tobacco smoke on adult rat brain biochemistry. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;41:165-71 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that ETS exposure alters the neuroproteome of the adult rat brain, and suggest modulation of inflammatory and cell death processes. ..
- Nishioka K, Wider C, Vilariño Güell C, Soto Ortolaza A, Lincoln S, Kachergus J, et al. Association of alpha-, beta-, and gamma-Synuclein with diffuse lewy body disease. Arch Neurol. 2010;67:970-5 pubmed publisher..To determine the association of the genes that encode alpha-, beta-, and gamma-synuclein (SNCA, SNCB, and SNCG, respectively) with diffuse Lewy body disease (DLBD)...
- Larsen K, Frandsen P, Madsen L, Bendixen C. Molecular cloning, characterization and developmental expression of porcine beta-synuclein. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:1439-49 pubmed publisher..The subcellular localization of recombinant porcine beta-synuclein was determined in three different cell types and shown to be cytoplasmic. ..
- Wei J, Fujita M, Nakai M, Waragai M, Sekigawa A, Sugama S, et al. Protective role of endogenous gangliosides for lysosomal pathology in a cellular model of synucleinopathies. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1891-909 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that endogenous gangliosides may play protective roles against the lysosomal pathology of synucleinopathies. ..
- Ito S, Nakaso K, Imamura K, Takeshima T, Nakashima K. Endogenous catecholamine enhances the dysfunction of unfolded protein response and alpha-synuclein oligomerization in PC12 cells overexpressing human alpha-synuclein. Neurosci Res. 2010;66:124-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that the coexistence of human alpha-synuclein with catecholamine enhances the endoplasmic reticulum stress-related toxicity in PD pathogenesis. ..
- Ye Q, Wang T, Peng Y, Xie J, Feng B, Qiu M, et al. Expression of alpha-, beta- and gamma-synuclein in colorectal cancer, and potential clinical significance in progression of the disease. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:429-36 pubmed
- Greten Harrison B, Polydoro M, Morimoto Tomita M, Diao L, Williams A, Nie E, et al. Î±Î²Î³-Synuclein triple knockout mice reveal age-dependent neuronal dysfunction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19573-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that synucleins contribute importantly to the long-term operation of the nervous system and that alterations in their physiological function could contribute to the development of Parkinson's disease. ..