lower urinary tract symptoms
Summary: Symptoms of disorders of the lower urinary tract including frequency, NOCTURIA; urgency, incomplete voiding, and URINARY INCONTINENCE. They are often associated with OVERACTIVE BLADDER; URINARY INCOMPETENCE; and INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS. Lower urinary tract symptoms in males were traditionally called PROSTATISM.
- Greiman A, Keane T. Approach to Androgen Deprivation in the Prostate Cancer Patient with Pre-existing Cardiovascular Disease. Curr Urol Rep. 2017;18:41 pubmed publisher..GnRH antagonists may be superior to GnRH agonists for patients with significant cardiovascular disease, significant metastatic disease burden, or severe lower urinary tract symptoms.
- Ooi S, Pak S. Serenoa repens for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Current Evidence and Its Clinical Implications in Naturopathic Medicine. J Altern Complement Med. 2017;23:599-606 pubmed publisher..The progression of BPH is often accompanied with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) that can significantly affect the quality of life of the patients...
- Apostolidis A, Rantell A, Anding R, Kirschner Hermanns R, Cardozo L. How does lower urinary tract dysfunction (LUTD) affect sexual function in men and women? ICI-RS 2015-Part 2. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:869-875 pubmed publisher..The multifactorial nature of SF in both sexes makes trial design challenging and "real world" studies may prove more beneficial for patients' outcomes and clinicians' understanding. ..
- Palma Zamora I, Atiemo H. Understanding the Economic Impact of Neurogenic Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:333-343 pubmed publisher..Understanding the multifold economic implications and health resource utilization patterns of neurogenic bladder may guide improvement of treatment strategies. ..
- Gajewski J, Rosier P, Rahnama i S, Abrams P. Do we assess urethral function adequately in LUTD and NLUTD? ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:935-942 pubmed publisher..Neurourol. Urodynam. 36:935-942, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Touzani M, Yddoussalah O. [Urethral ectropion may hide a carcinoma!]. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27:249 pubmed publisher..report the case of a 59-year old diabetic and hypertensive female patient presenting for irritative lower urinary tract symptoms, associated with vulvar mass...
- Brucker B, Kalra S. Parkinson's Disease and Its Effect on the Lower Urinary Tract: Evaluation of Complications and Treatment Strategies. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:415-428 pubmed publisher..the subtypes of PD is important for symptom management and understanding prognosis, because Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) can evolve differently depending on the primary disease...
- Vahabi B, Wagg A, Rosier P, Rademakers K, Denys M, Pontari M, et al. Can we define and characterize the aging lower urinary tract?-ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:854-858 pubmed publisher..Neurourol. Urodynam. 36:854-858, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Rademakers K, Drake M, Gammie A, Djurhuus J, Rosier P, Abrams P, et al. Male bladder outlet obstruction: Time to re-evaluate the definition and reconsider our diagnostic pathway? ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:894-901 pubmed publisher..tests (alone or in combination) which may be useful in the future investigation of male patients with lower urinary tract symptoms. The think tank panel concluded that pressure-flow studies remain the diagnostic gold-standard for BOO ..
- Drake M, Morris N, Apostolidis A, Rahnama i M, Marchesi J. The urinary microbiome and its contribution to lower urinary tract symptoms; ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:850-853 pubmed publisher..bacteriuria may be clinically significant and mechanisms which could associate micro-organisms with lower urinary tract symptoms. Key research priorities identified include the need to establish the scope of microbiome across the ..
- Lee H, Lee Y, Han D, Lee K. Change of Ultrasound Estimated Bladder Weight and Bladder Wall Thickness After Treatment of Bladder Outlet Obstruction With Dutasteride. Low Urin Tract Symptoms. 2017;9:67-74 pubmed publisher..There was no change in UEBW, UEBW/BSA and BWT despite improving most clinical parameters suggesting BOO. The changes of bladder wall hypertrophy parameters still have limitations to directly reflect the relief of BOO. ..
- Badawi J, Bosch R, Djurhuus J, Hanna Mitchell A. Is testosterone important in LUT function in men and women? ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:859-862 pubmed publisher..Neurourol. Urodynam. 36:859-862, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Cotterill N, Tubaro A. Can a patient reported outcome be adequate without assessing quality of life in lower urinary tract dysfunction?. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:943-948 pubmed publisher..It was suggested that these findings would enable clinicians and researchers to make more informed decisions regarding PRO selection, use, and intepretation. ..
- Govorov A, Vasilyev A, Pushkar D. [Efficacy of tamsulosin for treating lower urinary tract symptoms in patients with advanced prostate cancer]. Urologiia. 2017;:37-41 pubmed..of androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) alone and ADT with concomitant use of tamsulosin in treating lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), and to estimate the efficacy and safety of tamsulosin in relieving voiding dysfunction symptoms ..
- Patel D, Myers J, Lenherr S. How to Measure Quality-of-Life Concerns in Patients with Neurogenic Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:345-353 pubmed publisher..Emphasizing patient-reported outcomes in neurogenic bladder research will guide clinicians and other stakeholders to improve quality of life in this patient population. ..
- Nseyo U, Santiago Lastra Y. Long-Term Complications of the Neurogenic Bladder. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:355-366 pubmed publisher..Other long-term complications include nephrolithiasis, refractory urinary incontinence, and malignancy. ..
- Rantell A, Apostolidis A, Anding R, Kirschner Hermanns R, Cardozo L. How does lower urinary tract dysfunction affect sexual function in men and women? ICI-RS 2015-Part 1. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:949-952 pubmed publisherThe aim of this paper is to review the literature on the effect of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) on sexual function and dysfunction...
- Gor R, Elliott S. Surgical Management of Neurogenic Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:475-490 pubmed publisher..Complications are common in this subgroup of patients requiring enduring commitments from surgeons, patients, and their caretakers. ..
- Mohamad Al Ali B, Ponholzer A, Augustin H, Madersbacher S, Pummer K. The Long-Term Effect of Radical Prostatectomy on Erectile Function, Urinary Continence, and Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms: A Comparison to Age-Matched Healthy Controls. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9615080 pubmed publisher..Healthy men have a higher IPSS presumably due to the presence of bladder outlet obstruction. ..
- Panfili Z, Metcalf M, Griebling T. Contemporary Evaluation and Treatment of Poststroke Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44:403-414 pubmed publisher..Although patients can experience a wide variety of lower urinary tract symptoms, detrusor overactivity is among the most common clinical findings following stroke...
- Korneev I. [Russian experience with Vitaprost Forte suppositories in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms and benign prostatic hyperplasia: comparative analysis of studies]. Urologiia. 2017;:138-144 pubmed..of suppositories containing prostate extract (Samprost substance) Vitaprost Forte in treating men with lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Thomas D, Chughtai B, Kini M, Te A. Emerging drugs for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2017;22:201-212 pubmed publisher..This leads to a number of sequelae such as lower urinary tract symptoms, urinary retention and a decrease in quality of life...
- Na R, Helfand B, Chen H, Conran C, Crawford S, Hayward S, et al. A genetic variant near GATA3 implicated in inherited susceptibility and etiology of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). Prostate. 2017;77:1213-1220 pubmed publisherBenign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and associated lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) are common conditions. Little is known about their etiologies except that studies have suggested a substantial heritable component...
- Robinson D, HANNA MITCHELL A, Rantell A, Thiagamoorthy G, Cardozo L. Are we justified in suggesting change to caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated drink intake in lower urinary tract disease? Report from the ICI-RS 2015. Neurourol Urodyn. 2017;36:876-881 pubmed publisherThere is increasing evidence that diet may have a significant role in the development of lower urinary tract symptoms. While fluid intake is known to affect lower urinary tract function the effects of alcohol, caffeine, carbonated drinks, ..