Genomes and Genes
Summary: Abnormally rapid heartbeat, usually with a HEART RATE above 100 beats per minute for adults. Tachycardia accompanied by disturbance in the cardiac depolarization (cardiac arrhythmia) is called tachyarrhythmia.
- Arevalo H, Plank G, Helm P, Halperin H, Trayanova N. Tachycardia in post-infarction hearts: insights from 3D image-based ventricular models. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68872 pubmed publisherVentricular tachycardia, a life-threatening regular and repetitive fast heart rhythm, frequently occurs in the setting of myocardial infarction...
- Liu N, Ruan Y, Denegri M, Bachetti T, Li Y, Colombi B, et al. Calmodulin kinase II inhibition prevents arrhythmias in RyR2(R4496C+/-) mice with catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;50:214-22 pubmed publisherCatecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT) is an inherited arrhythmogenic disease characterized by life-threatening arrhythmias elicited by adrenergic activation...
- Kanjwal K, Karabin B, Kanjwal Y, Grubb B. Autonomic dysfunction presenting as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome in patients with multiple sclerosis. Int J Med Sci. 2010;7:62-7 pubmed..However, there have been no reports on postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) in patients suffering from MS...
- Raj S, Black B, Biaggioni I, Paranjape S, Ramirez M, Dupont W, et al. Propranolol decreases tachycardia and improves symptoms in the postural tachycardia syndrome: less is more. Circulation. 2009;120:725-34 pubmed publisherPostural tachycardia syndrome (POTS) induces disabling chronic orthostatic intolerance with an excessive increase in heart rate on standing...
- Apipan B, Rummasak D. Efficacy and safety of oral propranolol premedication to reduce reflex tachycardia during hypotensive anesthesia with sodium nitroprusside in orthognathic surgery: a double-blind randomized clinical trial. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;68:120-4 pubmed publisher..with oral propranolol 10 mg before hypotensive anesthesia with sodium nitroprusside could reduce reflex tachycardia, the amount of sodium nitroprusside used, and blood loss during hypotensive anesthesia for orthognathic surgery.
- Jolly K, Gammage M, Cheng K, Bradburn P, Banting M, Langman M. Sudden death in patients receiving drugs tending to prolong the QT interval. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2009;68:743-51 pubmed publisher..Tricyclic antidepressants were not associated with raised risks. The Arizona classification of risk of TdP was a poor predictor of likelihood of noncardiac drug-associated sudden death. ..
- Liu E, Xu Z, Li J, Yang S, Yang W, Li G. Enalapril, irbesartan, and angiotensin-(1-7) prevent atrial tachycardia-induced ionic remodeling. Int J Cardiol. 2011;146:364-70 pubmed publisher..01 vs. control). Irbesartan had no effect on I(TO) and I(CaL) densities or mRNA expression. These results suggest that enalapril, irbesartan, and Ang-(1-7) have differing influences on atrial tachycardia-induced atrial ionic remodeling.
- Piccirillo G, Magrì D, Ogawa M, Song J, Chong V, Han S, et al. Autonomic nervous system activity measured directly and QT interval variability in normal and pacing-induced tachycardia heart failure dogs. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54:840-50 pubmed publisher..between sympathetic and vagal nerve activity and the cardiac repolarization in a canine model of pacing-induced tachycardia congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Passariello M, Perkins R. Unexpected postoperative tachycardia in a patient with 22q11 deletion syndrome after multiple dental extractions. Paediatr Anaesth. 2005;15:1145-6 pubmed
- Pizzale S, Lemery R, Green M, Gollob M, Tang A, Birnie D. Frequency and predictors of tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy in patients with persistent atrial flutter. Can J Cardiol. 2009;25:469-72 pubmedThere are few data on the frequency and predictors of tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy (TICM) in patients with persistent atrial flutter...
- Palatini P. Elevated heart rate in cardiovascular diseases: a target for treatment?. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2009;52:46-60 pubmed publisher..Treatment of high heart rate in healthy subjects appears to be premature, but in clinical conditions such as hypertension or diabetes, the reduction of elevated heart rate appears a desirable additional goal of therapy. ..
- Zhang L, Cheng J, Liu X, Wang S, Liu Y, Lu H, et al. Cardiovascular changes of conscious rats after simulated microgravity with and without daily -Gx gravitation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008;105:1134-45 pubmed publisher..Nonlinear measures, but not spectral analysis, might provide promising data to estimate the overall changes in cardiovascular autonomic regulation due to microgravity exposure. ..
- Groh W, Groh M, Saha C, Kincaid J, Simmons Z, Ciafaloni E, et al. Electrocardiographic abnormalities and sudden death in myotonic dystrophy type 1. N Engl J Med. 2008;358:2688-97 pubmed publisher..A severe abnormality on the ECG and a diagnosis of an atrial tachyarrhythmia predict sudden death. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00622453.) ..
- Zweng A, Schuster R, Hawlicek R, Weber H. Life-threatening pacemaker dysfunction associated with therapeutic radiation: a case report. Angiology. 2009;60:509-12 pubmed publisher..It could be concluded that the PM dysfunction was most likely induced by EMI during radiotherapy. The real reason of the device's software failure remains unclear. ..
- Voigt N, Maguy A, Yeh Y, Qi X, Ravens U, Dobrev D, et al. Changes in I K, ACh single-channel activity with atrial tachycardia remodelling in canine atrial cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;77:35-43 pubmedAlthough atrial tachycardia (AT) remodelling promotes agonist-independent, constitutively active, acetylcholine-regulated K+-current (I K,ACh) that increases susceptibility to atrial fibrillation (AF), the underlying changes in I K,Ach ..
- Agarwal A, Garg R, Ritch A, Sarkar P. Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Postgrad Med J. 2007;83:478-80 pubmedPostural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is an autonomic disturbance which has become better understood in recent years...
- Mazzanti G, Di Sotto A, Daniele C, Battinelli L, Brambilla G, Fiori M, et al. A pharmacodynamic study on clenbuterol-induced toxicity: beta1- and beta2-adrenoceptors involvement in guinea-pig tachycardia in an in vitro model. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:1694-9 pubmed..Following consumption of meat or liver, intoxication cases were described, and cardiovascular toxic effects (tachycardia, hypertension) were of clinical relevance...
- Vinik A, Ziegler D. Diabetic cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy. Circulation. 2007;115:387-97 pubmed
- Corbett W, Reiter C, Schultz J, Kanter R, Habib A. Anaesthetic management of a parturient with the postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: a case report. Br J Anaesth. 2006;97:196-9 pubmedPostural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome encompasses a group of disorders characterized by orthostatic intolerance...
- Matsumoto K, Ishikawa T, Sumita S, Matsushita K, Inoue N, Kobayashi T, et al. Assessment of atrial regional wall motion using strain Doppler imaging during biatrial pacing in the bradycardia-tachycardia syndrome. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2006;29:220-5 pubmed..9 +/- 24.1 vs 129.9 +/- 30.6 ms, P = 0.0086) and LLA (102.2 +/- 37.9 vs 166.1 +/- 13.4 ms, P = 0.0028). BiA pacing improved the synchronicity of regional wall motion of both atrium. ..
- Stewart J, Medow M, Cherniack N, Natelson B. Postural hypocapnic hyperventilation is associated with enhanced peripheral vasoconstriction in postural tachycardia syndrome with normal supine blood flow. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H904-13 pubmedPrevious investigations have demonstrated a subset of postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS) patients characterized by normal peripheral resistance and blood volume while supine but thoracic hypovolemia and splanchnic blood pooling while ..