Summary: The religion stemming from the life, teachings, and death of Jesus Christ: the religion that believes in God as the Father Almighty who works redemptively through the Holy Spirit for men's salvation and that affirms Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior who proclaimed to man the gospel of salvation. (From Webster, 3d ed)
- Evans E. Cognitive and contextual factors in the emergence of diverse belief systems: creation versus evolution. Cogn Psychol. 2001;42:217-66 pubmed
- Fraser G. Diet as primordial prevention in Seventh-Day Adventists. Prev Med. 1999;29:S18-23 pubmed..The power of incorporating health into a system of religious belief is discussed. Possibly others can also implement such a model to their advantage. ..
- Szutenbach M. Bullying in nursing: roots, rationales, and remedies. J Christ Nurs. 2013;30:16-23; quiz 24-5 pubmed..quot; ..
- Löhr G. [Max Planck--an adversary of Christianity? The debate about Planck's attitude towards religion after World War II]. Ber Wiss. 2012;35:42-61 pubmed..It ended, as can be illustrated in a late contribution to the debate, with the collapse of the GDR in 1989 or shortly thereafter. ..
- Bergeron J. The crucifixion of Jesus: review of hypothesized mechanisms of death and implications of shock and trauma-induced coagulopathy. J Forensic Leg Med. 2012;19:113-6 pubmed publisher..Traumatic shock complicated by trauma-induced coagulopathy is proposed as a contributing factor, and possibly the primary mechanism, of Jesus' death by crucifixion. ..
- Tofan I, Crumpei I. [The body as source of significance. Interdisciplinary perspectives]. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2010;114:943-52 pubmed
- Christensen R, Eggert L, Baer V, Smith K. Pyruvate kinase deficiency as a cause of extreme hyperbilirubinemia in neonates from a polygamist community. J Perinatol. 2010;30:233-6 pubmed publisher..Such cases should be recognized early and managed aggressively to prevent kernicterus. ..
- Williams R, Glanz K, Kegler M, Davis E. A study of rural church health promotion environments: leaders' and members' perspectives. J Relig Health. 2012;51:148-60 pubmed publisher..Leaders' and members' perceptions of the CHPE were discordant. While some leaders' beliefs may be related to the CHPE, other factors may explain why programs and policies exist in some churches and not others. ..
- Tagay S, Düllmann S, Brahler E, Stecker A, Senf W. [How are religiosity, psychological distress and integration interrelated? A comparative study of the religiosity in Turkish/Kurdish migrants in comparison to Germans]. Psychiatr Prax. 2009;36:286-92 pubmed publisher..The religious affiliation of the examined group was islamic. It remains open if the inverse association between religiosity and integration would be the same also for other religions. ..
- Lester D, Abdel Khalek A. Religiosity and death anxiety using non-western scales. Psychol Rep. 2008;103:652 pubmed..In a sample of 43 male undergraduates, scores on religiosity in a Muslim context and death anxiety (Arabic Scale of Death Anxiety) were not associated. ..
- Barilan Y. From imago Dei in the Jewish-Christian traditions to human dignity in contemporary Jewish law. Kennedy Inst Ethics J. 2009;19:231-59 pubmed..is a comparative analysis of imago Dei as an anthropological and ethical concept in Jewish and Western thought (Christianity and secular European values)...
- Edger K. Evangelicalism, sexual morality, and sexual addiction: opposing views and continued conflicts. J Relig Health. 2012;51:162-78 pubmed publisher..Reaction formation and authoritarian personality theory are theorized as the primary explanations for individuals failing to conform to stringent religious sexual expectations. ..
- Mbotho M, Cilliers M, Akintola O. Sailing against the tide? Sustaining sexual abstinence among Christian youth in a university setting in South Africa. J Relig Health. 2013;52:208-22 pubmed publisher..There is need for multi-pronged interventions aimed at empowering Christian youth to deal with sources of sexual pressures. ..
- Moog F. [The struggle of early Christians against Isis medica: breaks and continuity in traditions in the context of health and healing]. Wurzbg Medizinhist Mitt. 2009;28:256-75 pubmed..worshipped should, it is argued here for the first time, be understood in the context of conflict between early Christianity and the cult of Isis...
- Ruess S. [The importance of Jewish nursing in World War I as shown by the example of the Jewish nurses' home in Stuttgart]. Med Ges Gesch. 2010;29:71-96 pubmed..The history of Jewish nursing in Stuttgart ended in 1941 when the Jewish Nurses' Home was dissolved by the Nazis and four nurses were murdered in concentration camps. ..
- Wilson P, Wittlin N, Munoz Laboy M, Parker R. Ideologies of Black churches in New York City and the public health crisis of HIV among Black men who have sex with men. Glob Public Health. 2011;6 Suppl 2:S227-42 pubmed publisher..In doing so, we pay close attention to how ideologies may both impede and facilitate church dialogue around sexuality and heightened responses to the HIV crisis affecting Black MSM. ..
- Patterson D, Slutz M. Faith community/parish nursing: what's in a name?. J Christ Nurs. 2011;28:31-3 pubmed
- Mathews M. Assessment and comparison of culturally based explanations for mental disorder among Singaporean Chinese youth. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2011;57:3-17 pubmed publisher..Regression analysis showed that individuals who endorsed supernatural explanations more strongly tended to have no exposure to psychology courses and heightened religiosity. ..
- Seol K, Lee R. The effects of religious socialization and religious identity on psychosocial functioning in Korean American adolescents from immigrant families. J Fam Psychol. 2012;26:371-80 pubmed publisher..A competing model with religious identity as a moderator found adolescents with low religious identity showed significantly more externalizing behavior problems when they received more religious socialization from parents. ..
- Daffron C. Hit for service: a model of self-care for parish nurses. J Christ Nurs. 2013;30:108-11 pubmed..A lack of personal boundaries combined with the wholistic nature of parish nursing can produce caregiver role strain. Examining the life of Jesus reveals a pattern of intentional self-care practices that are a model for parish nurses. ..
- Lippi D. Chocolate in history: food, medicine, medi-food. Nutrients. 2013;5:1573-84 pubmed publisher..Building a bridge to the past may be helpful to detect the areas where the potential health benefits of chocolate are likely to be further explored. ..
- Chien H. [Spiritual care of a terminal liver cancer patient: a nursing experience]. Hu Li Za Zhi. 2010;57:S47-52 pubmed..It is hoped that this report can help caregivers increase their sensitivity toward patient spiritual needs and enhance routine nursing care quality. ..
- Kulig J, Babcock R, Wall M, Hill S. Being a woman: perspectives of low-german-speaking mennonite women. Health Care Women Int. 2009;30:324-38 pubmed publisher..Honoring religious principles and family and community expectations through acceptable female behavior is essential. Adherence to religious principles varies by family but is not shared with the group to avoid disfavor. ..
- Andrews N. Neurosurgical procedures in Jehovah's Witnesses: the Tema experience. West Afr J Med. 2009;28:148-50 pubmed..7% and the mortality rate was 4.7%; both were from intracranial surgery. It is possible to perform certain types of neurosurgical procedures in Jehovah's Witnesses without increasing the mortality and morbidity rate. ..
- Khallad Y. Dispositional optimism among American and Jordanian college students: are Westerners really more upbeat than Easterners?. Int J Psychol. 2010;45:56-63 pubmed publisher..Los análisis de regresión múltiples mostraron que el contexto cultural y la sexualidad son los mejores predictores de estas conductas. Las implicaciones de estos hallazgos fueron discutidas. ..
- Moss D. Nietzche's echo--a dialogue with Thomas Altizer. J Relig Health. 2010;49:118-37 pubmed publisher..The present dialogue reflects that dynamic while the prologue and epilogue reveal evidence of Providence amidst claims of God's demise in contemporary history. ..
- Vayalilkarottu J. Holistic health and well-being: a psycho-spiritual/religious and theological perspective. Asian J Psychiatr. 2012;5:347-50 pubmed publisher..Interdisciplinary interaction will result in attaining a profound understanding of the human person and help him/her to achieve lasting fulfilment by adequately paying attention to the transcendental, religious and spiritual needs. ..
- Stewart J, Thompson K, Rogers C. African American church-based HIV testing and linkage to care: assets, challenges and needs. Cult Health Sex. 2016;18:669-81 pubmed publisher..These findings can support intervention development and necessitate situating African American church-based HIV testing and linkage to care interventions within a multi-level framework. ..
- Barabasz A, Hyrnik J, Janas Kozik M, Jelonek I. [Faith vs. science: soul's possession or dissociative disorder? A case study]. Psychiatr Pol. 2012;46:305-12 pubmed..The diagnosed mental disorders require that the girl should undergo individual and family psychotherapy. ..
- Lambe C. Complementary and alternative therapy use in breast cancer: notable findings. J Christ Nurs. 2013;30:218-25 pubmed..African American women reported higher CAM use and marked emphasis on faith among other differences from European American women. Implications for practice are discussed. ..
- Adinkrah M. Child witch hunts in contemporary Ghana. Child Abuse Negl. 2011;35:741-52 pubmed publisher..Additionally, through public service campaigns, educating citizens about the causes and trajectories of diseases, will lead to a significant diminution of witchcraft accusations and the associated violence. ..
- Schneiderman G, Barrera M. Family traditions and generations. Fam Community Health. 2009;32:354-7 pubmed publisher..It also examines family values and parenting styles as they influence the developing perspective of children and the family's adaptation to a changing world. ..
- Sedikides C, Gebauer J. Religiosity as self-enhancement: a meta-analysis of the relation between socially desirable responding and religiosity. Pers Soc Psychol Rev. 2010;14:17-36 pubmed publisher..The evidence suggests that religiosity is partly in the service of self-enhancement. ..
- Igbinomwanhia N, James B, Omoaregba J. The attitudes of clergy in Benin City, Nigeria towards persons with mental illness. Afr J Psychiatry (Johannesbg). 2013;16:196-200 pubmed publisher..Mental health professionals need to take proactive steps to improve the mental health knowledge of the clergy which may facilitate their roles in the pathway to mental health care. ..
- Stewart J, Sommers M, Brawner B. The Black church, sexual health, and sexuality: a conceptual framework to promote health through faith-based organizations. Fam Community Health. 2013;36:269-79 pubmed publisher..We make an argument in favor of illuminating the negative social-level barriers and affirming the internal cultural supports. ..
- Campbell C, Skovdal M, Gibbs A. Creating social spaces to tackle AIDS-related stigma: reviewing the role of church groups in Sub-Saharan Africa. AIDS Behav. 2011;15:1204-19 pubmed publisher..Much work remains to be done in developing deeper understandings of the multi-layered factors that enable some churches, but not others, to respond effectively to HIV/AIDS. ..
- Kegler M, Escoffery C, Alcantara I, Hinman J, Addison A, Glanz K. Perceptions of social and environmental support for healthy eating and physical activity in rural southern churches. J Relig Health. 2012;51:799-811 pubmed publisher..Despite barriers to establishing healthy environments in church settings, churches are rich in social support that could be tapped to promote healthy behavior. ..
- Aten J, Gonzalez R, Boan D, Topping S, Livingston W, Hosey J. Church attendee help seeking priorities after Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi and Louisiana: a brief report. Int J Emerg Ment Health. 2012;14:15-20 pubmed..Disaster mental health clinical implications and recommendations are offered for psychologists based on these findings. ..
- Benagiano G, Carrara S, Filippi V. Social and ethical determinants of human sexuality: 1. The need to reproduce. Minerva Ginecol. 2010;62:349-59 pubmed..In humans sexuality always possessed multiple meanings, first and foremost reproduction and the creation of a bond between a man and one or several women. ..
- Jones E. Suicide prevention through stories of hope. J Christ Nurs. 2010;27:252-7 pubmed..Whatever one's theological preference, biblical narratives can place untenable events into a positive, hopeful mental framework, helping people make structure and sense out of seeming chaos. ..
- Goldblatt H, Cohen M, Azaiza F, Manassa R. Being within or being between? The cultural context of Arab women's experience of coping with breast cancer in Israel. Psychooncology. 2013;22:869-75 pubmed publisher..This context calls for interventions that consider the understandings depicted in the present study. ..
- Ucheaga D, Hartwig K. Religious leaders' response to AIDS in Nigeria. Glob Public Health. 2010;5:611-25 pubmed publisher..Public health organisations and policy-makers should be aware of these denominational differences as they engage with religious institutions and leaders in HIV prevention and care. ..
- Fischer L, Cossu Ferra Fischer V. [The unicorn and the unicorn horn among apothecaries and physicians]. Hist Sci Med. 2011;45:265-74 pubmed..Since the 6th century the powder of unicorn horn was used as a medicine or a drug against poisoning. Depictions of unicorn can be found in chemist's signs, engravings or paintings until the 19th century. ..
- Kagimu M, Kaye S, Ainomugisha D, Lutalo I, Walakira Y, Guwatudde D, et al. Evidence-based monitoring and evaluation of the faith-based approach to HIV prevention among Christian and Muslim youth in Wakiso district in Uganda. Afr Health Sci. 2012;12:119-28 pubmed publisher..Male circumcision rates were 15% for Christians and 98% for Muslims. A sero-behavioral-religiosity survey can provide evidence-based data for monitoring and evaluation of the faith-based approach to HIV prevention. ..
- Ozer S, Ergun G. Social representation of events in world history: crosscultural consensus or Western discourse? How Turkish students view events in world history. Int J Psychol. 2013;48:574-82 pubmed publisher..Further research should focus on not only which events are considered as important historical events but also the reasons behind these. ..
- Berry D, Bass C, Forawi W, Neuman M, Abdallah N. Measuring religiosity/spirituality in diverse religious groups: a consideration of methods. J Relig Health. 2011;50:841-51 pubmed publisher..These challenges and possible solutions are discussed in the context of conducting research that focuses on religious minority groups. ..
- Lapinski J, McKirnan D. Forgive me Father for I have sinned: the role of a Christian upbringing on lesbian, gay, and bisexual identity development. J Homosex. 2013;60:853-72 pubmed publisher..Participants who had left Christianity were more liberal and viewed God as hostile...
- Kelly K. Bereavement, doubt, and the loved body: a 9/11 meditation. J Relig Health. 2011;50:516-20 pubmed publisher..The need for sensory contact with the loved body is discussed as a crucial element in the process of grief, leading to the process of recovery from traumatic loss. ..
- Dross F. [Judging reliably. Medical authority and the ability to discriminate between the clean and the unclean]. Med Ges Gesch. 2010;29:9-46 pubmed