Summary: An antipsychotic agent that is structurally related to piperazines and quinolones. It is a partial agonist of SEROTONIN RECEPTOR, 5-HT1A and DOPAMINE D2 RECEPTORS, where it also functions as a post-synaptic antagonist, and an antagonist of SEROTONIN RECEPTOR, 5-HT2A.
- Hard M, Mills R, Sadler B, Turncliff R, Citrome L. Aripiprazole Lauroxil: Pharmacokinetic Profile of This Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotic in Persons With Schizophrenia. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2017;37:289-295 pubmed publisherb>Aripiprazole lauroxil is an extended-release prodrug of aripiprazole for intramuscular injection, approved for schizophrenia treatment...
- Newcomer J, Weiden P, Buchanan R. Switching antipsychotic medications to reduce adverse event burden in schizophrenia: establishing evidence-based practice. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74:1108-20 pubmed publisher..Before initiating a switch, patients should be educated about what to expect during the process. Studies also support gradual discontinuation of the current medication in order to minimize problems early in the switching process. ..
- Biagi E, Capuzzi E, Colmegna F, Mascarini A, Brambilla G, Ornaghi A, et al. Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics in Schizophrenia: Literature Review and Practical Perspective, with a Focus on Aripiprazole Once-Monthly. Adv Ther. 2017;34:1036-1048 pubmed publisher..effectiveness of oral versus LAIs in schizophrenia, with a focus on the second-generation LAI antipsychotic aripiprazole. Evidence is presented from studies with naturalistic/pragmatic as well as explanatory trial designs, supported ..
- Adams D, Kinon B, Baygani S, Millen B, Velonà I, Kollack Walker S, et al. A long-term, phase 2, multicenter, randomized, open-label, comparative safety study of pomaglumetad methionil (LY2140023 monohydrate) versus atypical antipsychotic standard of care in patients with schizophrenia. BMC Psychiatry. 2013;13:143 pubmed publisher..of metabotropic glutamate 2/3 receptor agonist, LY404039) or standard of care (SOC: olanzapine, risperidone, or aripiprazole)...
- Zhang F, Kanzali P, Rubin V, Paras C, Goldman J. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome with thyroid disorder: An unusual case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8191 pubmed publisher..2?mIU/L to 0.02?mIU/L. Patient was discharged with aripiprazole. Hypothyroidism predisposes patients to NMS by altering central dopaminergic systems...
- Cameron C, Zummo J, Desai D, Drake C, Hutton B, Kotb A, et al. Aripiprazole Lauroxil Compared with Paliperidone Palmitate in Patients with Schizophrenia: An Indirect Treatment Comparison. Value Health. 2017;20:876-885 pubmed publisherb>Aripiprazole lauroxil (AL) is a long-acting injectable atypical antipsychotic recently approved for treatment of schizophrenia on the basis of a large-scale trial of two doses of AL versus placebo...
- Freeman E, Lin J, Chow S, Davis C, Li M. Sex differences in aripiprazole sensitization from adolescence to adulthood. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2017;156:39-47 pubmed publisherThe present study investigated the potential sex differences in repeated aripiprazole (ARI) treatment-induced behavioral sensitization from adolescence to adulthood, and to determine whether ARI sensitization can be transferred to ..
- Zargar S, Al Majed A, Wani T. Potentiating and synergistic effect of grapefruit juice on the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of aripiprazole against hydrogen peroxide induced oxidative stress in mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:106 pubmed publisher..Supplementing GFJ to ARI might increase an anti-oxidative potential of ARI due to inherent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of GFJ and thus could alleviate the possible dosage dependent side effects of ARI. ..
- Potkin S, Loze J, Forray C, Baker R, Sapin C, Peters Strickland T, et al. Relationship between response to aripiprazole once-monthly and paliperidone palmitate on work readiness and functioning in schizophrenia: A post-hoc analysis of the QUALIFY study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183475 pubmed publisher..QUALIFY was a 28-week, randomized study (NCT01795547) comparing the treatment effectiveness of aripiprazole once-monthly 400 mg and paliperidone palmitate once-monthly using the Heinrichs-Carpenter Quality-of-Life Scale ..
- San L, Estrada G, Oudovenko N, Vieta E. Rationale and design of the PLACID study: a randomised trial comparing the efficacy and safety of inhaled loxapine versus IM aripiprazole in acutely agitated patients with schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:126 pubmed publisher..The efficacy of inhaled loxapine and the alternative antipsychotic aripiprazole delivered via intramuscular (IM) injection will be compared in the Phase IIIb PLACID study...
- Mohamed S, Johnson G, Chen P, Hicks P, Davis L, Yoon J, et al. Effect of Antidepressant Switching vs Augmentation on Remission Among Patients With Major Depressive Disorder Unresponsive to Antidepressant Treatment: The VAST-D Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:132-145 pubmed publisher..current treatment with bupropion (augment-bupropion group, n?=?506); or augment with an atypical antipsychotic, aripiprazole (augment-aripiprazole group, n?=?505) for 12 weeks (acute treatment phase) and up to 36 weeks for longer-term ..
- Ipci M, İnci S, Akyol Ardic U, Ercan E. A Case of Asperger Syndrome With Comorbidity of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Selective Mutism: Significant Remission With the Combination of Aripiprazole and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2017;37:109-110 pubmed publisher
- Crespo Facorro B, de la Foz V, Mata I, Ayesa Arriola R, Suárez Pinilla P, Valdizán E, et al. Treatment of first-episode non-affective psychosis: a randomized comparison of aripiprazole, quetiapine and ziprasidone over 1 year. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2014;231:357-66 pubmed..The aim of this study is to compare the clinical effectiveness of aripiprazole, ziprasidone and quetiapine in the treatment of first-episode schizophrenia spectrum disorders at 1 year...