Summary: Works containing informational articles on subjects in every field of knowledge, usually arranged in alphabetical order, or a similar work limited to a special field or subject. (From The ALA Glossary of Library and Information Science, 1983)
- Barac h V, Schleyer T. Dental concepts in the Unified Medical Language System. Quintessence Int. 2002;33:69-74 pubmed..For no match, the matching frequencies were significantly different (P < .001). The Unified Medical Language System may be a comprehensive source of terms suitable for various representation requirements in dentistry. ..
- Abramson C, Place A. Note regarding the word 'behavior' in glossaries of introductory textbooks, dictionaries, and encyclopedias devoted to psychology. Percept Mot Skills. 2005;101:568-74 pubmed..In addition to texts, encyclopedias and dictionaries devoted to the study of behavior were also surveyed...
- Fiszman M, Rindflesch T, Kilicoglu H. Summarization of an online medical encyclopedia. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2004;107:506-10 pubmed..The conceptual condensate could be used as input to a text generator to produce a natural language summary for a given disorder topic. ..
- Hanson M. The Golden Mirror in the imperial court of the Qianlong emperor, 1739-1742. Early Sci Med. 2003;8:111-47 pubmed
- Park K. [An observation of the question of how the physician in Joseon Society was treated or evaluated, taking the Heo Jun case as an example]. Uisahak. 2002;11:154-64 pubmed..He was particularly discriminated against by his lineage members as is well shown in the genealogy compiled by his clan in 1911. ..
- Belen D, Aciduman A. A pioneer from the Islamic Golden Age: Haly Abbas and spinal traumas in his principal work, The Royal Book. J Neurosurg Spine. 2006;5:381-3 pubmed..Sadly, this book has rarely been cited in the literature. The subject of the present vignette is Abbas' work regarding spinal trauma. ..
- Delille E. [Henri Ellenberger, Henri Ey and the Traité de Psychiatrie in the "Encyclopédie Médico-Chirurgicale": an American career under the auspices of the "Evolution Psychiatrique"]. Gesnerus. 2006;63:259-79 pubmed
- Hayashizaki Y. RIKEN mouse genome encyclopedia. Mech Ageing Dev. 2003;124:93-102 pubmed..In this talk, the prospect of the application of these genome resourced should be discussed. More information is available at the web page: http://genome.gsc.riken.go.jp/. ..
- Barrett F. The role of French-language contributors to the development of medical geography (1782-1933). Soc Sci Med. 2002;55:155-65 pubmed..It was also the French who were the first to have entries on medical geography in dictionaries and encyclopedias. Dr...
- Ziegler J. The medieval kidney. Am J Nephrol. 2002;22:152-9 pubmed..It draws attention to the incorporation of the medical nephrological debate into the scholastic frame, and to the close links between nephrology and astrology as well as alchemy. ..