Summary: A work consisting of a list of books, articles, documents, publications, and other items, usually on a single subject or related subjects.
- Silverstein A. The collected papers of Paul Ehrlich : why was volume 4 never published?. Bull Hist Med. 2002;76:335-9 pubmed..This report presents the result of a five-year effort to determine the reason for the failure to complete the undertaking, in which all potential sources were pursued and queried. In the end, the mystery remains unsolved. ..
- Turner M. A toolbox for healthcare ethics program development. J Nurses Staff Dev. 2003;19:9-15; quiz 16-7 pubmed
- Holland D, Holland D. Children's health promotion through caregiver preparation in pediatric brain injury settings: compensating for shortened hospital stays with a three-phase model of health education and annotated bibliography. Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs. 2002;25:73-96 pubmed..An annotated bibliography of published caregiver education resources and the appropriate time for their delivery to family members is ..
- Jackson K, Porrino J, Tan V, Daluiski A. Reference accuracy in the Journal of Hand Surgery. J Hand Surg Am. 2003;28:377-80 pubmed..Perhaps the decrease in the quantity of errors present in 1995 versus that of 1985 is related to the implementation of a more stringent, revised set of instructions to submitting authors imposed in 1995. ..
- Sakraida T, Draus P. Quality handout development and use. J Nurs Educ. 2005;44:326-9 pubmed..A section focused on professional elements important during handout construction emphasizes the creation of handouts that become more functional, so they can be used outside of the classroom experience. ..
- Glad J. The reviving debate in eugenics: eugenics publications 2003-early 2005 and eugenics data bases. Mankind Q. 2005;45:427-66 pubmed..The author provides an extensive survey of recent publications and data bases that discuss various aspects of eugenics in the light of current scientific knowledge, medical technology and popular ethics. ..
- Naylor W, Munoz Viveros C. The art of scientific writing: how to get your research published!. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2005;6:164-80 pubmed..Major topics such as manuscript formatting, data analysis, use of charts, graphs and images, reference formats, and manuscript submission are presented. ..
- Browne R, Logan P, Lee M, Torreggiani W. The accuracy of references in manuscripts submitted for publication. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2004;55:170-3 pubmed..Over half of all references included in manuscripts submitted to radiology journals contain at least 1 error. The majority are avoidable, resulting from failure to follow the journal's instructions to authors. ..
- Currò V, Buonuomo P, Onesimo R, de Rose P, Vituzzi A, Di Tanna G, et al. A quality evaluation methodology of health web-pages for non-professionals. Med Inform Internet Med. 2004;29:95-107 pubmed..The proposed methodology suggests a simple approach which can quickly award an overall quality score for medical web sites oriented to non-professionals. ..
- Gonzalez de Dios J. [Definition of perinatal asphyxia in medical literature: the need of a consensus]. Rev Neurol. 2002;35:628-34 pubmed..of PA (to differentiate between severe PA, the most important type, and non severe PA, the most frequent type), wich allow homogeneous comparisons in the epidemiological studies in relation to incidence and morbi mortality of PA ..
- Donovan A. Richard Lower, M.D., physician and surgeon (1631-1691). World J Surg. 2004;28:938-45 pubmed..He performed a variety of procedures through an open thorax, closed the thoracotomy, and observed the animals over a period of days. Lower has not received the recognition he deserves as a pioneer surgical investigator. ..
- Hardy S, Ramjeet J. Reflections on how to write and organise a research thesis. Nurse Res. 2005;13:27-39 pubmed
- Bamberg R, Pitts B, Maloney E. Curriculum resources for cultural diversity education. J Allied Health. 2002;31:117-20 pubmed..A synopsis of the most relevant resources and an example of a generic diversity course for programs preparing entry-level allied health professionals, are presented. ..
- Chiodini J. Providing a travel health service in primary care. Nurs Stand. 2005;19:57-65; quiz 66 pubmed..The importance of thorough planning, meticulous execution of processes and efficient delivery of the service, using protocols, patient group directions and guidelines, is emphasised. ..
- Allen M, Levy J. Mapping the general literature of American nursing. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006;94:E43-8 pubmed..While not a good source for original research, they fulfill a key role of disseminating nursing knowledge with their relevantly current citations to a broad variety of sources. ..
- Mehlman C, Wenger D. The top 25 at 25: citation classics in the Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. J Pediatr Orthop. 2006;26:691-4 pubmed..When looking at all articles on the top 25 list, the most common study design was retrospective in nature, and the most common subject matter was cerebral palsy and trauma-related topics. ..
- Preater J. Queues in health. Health Care Manag Sci. 2002;5:283 pubmedWe draw attention to a bibliography on the application of queueing theory in health care and medicine.
- Smith C, Baker B. Technology in nursing scholarship: use of citation reference managers. Int J Ment Health Nurs. 2007;16:156-60 pubmed..These three software products have a variety of options that can be used in personal data management to assist researchers in becoming published authors. ..
- Gupta P, Yadav M, Mohta A, Choudhury P. References in Indian Pediatrics: authors need to be accurate. Indian Pediatr. 2005;42:140-5 pubmed..6 percent) references. The most common errors were those in the name of authors and title of the article. Contributors should make serious efforts to check the accuracy of the references cited in their manuscripts. ..
- Feldman S, Bachman J, Bayer J. Mental health parity: a review of research and a bibliography. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2002;29:215-28 pubmed..An annotated bibliography of studies and reports on parity from 1996 through 2001 is included.
- Aronsky D, Ransom J, Robinson K. Accuracy of references in five biomedical informatics journals. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2005;12:225-8 pubmed..Among the 225 references, 311 errors were identified. One or more errors were found in the bibliography of 31 (84%) of the 37 articles. The reference error rates by journal ranged from 22.1% to 40.7%...
- Pesenti T. [The "divisiones librorum Ypocratis" in the Articella commentaries]. Med Secoli. 2002;14:417-37 pubmed..The text of the "divisio" by Marsilio Santasofia of Padua is edited and discussed. ..
- Szozda R. [Polish bibliography of occupational medicine before 1950]. Med Pr. 2002;53:433-4 pubmed..The authors invites the Editorial Office to open in the Journal a new section on the history of industrial medicine. ..
- Nagy R. [The most important sources of the Graeco-Arabic medicine]. Orvostort Kozl. 2003;48:21-33 pubmed..Helped by this useful "database" researchers might be able to avoid difficulties of the first steps on this still, actually, largely unexplored field of the history of medicine . ..
- McD Taylor D. The appropriate use of references in a scientific research paper. Emerg Med (Fremantle). 2002;14:166-70 pubmed..This paper discusses the value of accurate reference lists and provides guidelines for their preparation. ..
- De Jong M. Spotting reference errors. Nurse Author Ed. 2004;14:7-9 pubmed..This author, an experienced reviewer, provides warning signs you can look for to uncover hidden citation errors as you review manuscripts. ..
- Bond C. Baby massage: a dialogue of touch. J Fam Health Care. 2002;12:44-7 pubmed..The article emphasises the value of massage in helping parents to bond with their baby and as part of family-centred care. A bibliography is included.
- Coughlan M, Cronin P, Ryan F. Step-by-step guide to critiquing research. Part 1: quantitative research. Br J Nurs. 2007;16:658-63 pubmed..This article is a step-by-step approach to critiquing quantitative research to help nurses demystify the process and decode the terminology. ..