Genomes and Genes
Summary: Sensing of noxious mechanical, thermal or chemical stimuli by NOCICEPTORS. It is the sensory component of visceral and tissue pain (NOCICEPTIVE PAIN).
- Dickie A, Mccormick B, Lukito V, Wilson K, Torsney C. Inflammatory Pain Reduces C Fiber Activity-Dependent Slowing in a Sex-Dependent Manner, Amplifying Nociceptive Input to the Spinal Cord. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6488-6502 pubmed publisher..This suggests that ADS provides a peripheral mechanism that can regulate spinal nociceptive processing and pain sensation. ..
- Donvito G, Bagdas D, Toma W, Rahimpour E, Jackson A, Meade J, et al. The interaction between alpha 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor and nuclear peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? represents a new antinociceptive signaling pathway in mice. Exp Neurol. 2017;295:194-201 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PPAR-? plays a key role in a putative antinociceptive ?7 nicotinic signaling pathway. ..
- Lee H, White J, Chung J, Tansey K. Peripheral and central anatomical organization of cutaneous afferent subtypes in a rat nociceptive intersegmental spinal reflex. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:2216-2234 pubmed publisher..Also analyzed were the spatial distribution, the synaptic termination, and the glutamatergic transporter profiles of DCN A and C fibers and their relationship to calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) staining in the dorsal horn. ..
- Follansbee T, Gjelsvik K, Brann C, McParland A, Longhurst C, Galko M, et al. Drosophila Nociceptive Sensitization Requires BMP Signaling via the Canonical SMAD Pathway. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8524-8533 pubmed publisher..BMP signaling were shown to be largely specific to the sensitization pathway and not associated with changes in nociception in the absence of injury or with changes in dendritic morphology...
- Coriat R, Alexandre J, Nicco C, Quinquis L, Benoit E, Chereau C, et al. Treatment of oxaliplatin-induced peripheral neuropathy by intravenous mangafodipir. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:262-72 pubmed publisher..Because this neurotoxicity involves ROS production, we investigated the efficacy of mangafodipir, a molecule that has antioxidant properties and is approved for use as an MRI contrast enhancer...
- Mohammadi A, Byrne Rodgers J, Kotera I, Ryu W. Behavioral response of Caenorhabditis elegans to localized thermal stimuli. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:66 pubmed publisherb>Nociception evokes a rapid withdrawal behavior designed to protect the animal from potential danger. C...
- Du X, Hao H, Yang Y, Huang S, Wang C, Gigout S, et al. Local GABAergic signaling within sensory ganglia controls peripheral nociceptive transmission. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:1741-1756 pubmed publisher..infusion of GABA or GABA reuptake inhibitor to sensory ganglia dramatically reduced acute peripherally induced nociception and alleviated neuropathic and inflammatory pain...
- Onaga T. Tachykinin: recent developments and novel roles in health and disease. Biomol Concepts. 2014;5:225-43 pubmed publisher..This review provides an overview of the novel aspects of TKs reported around the world in the last 5 years, with particular focus on nociception, inflammation, hemopoiesis, gonadotropin secretion, and CNS diseases.
- Lopez Luna J, Al Jubouri Q, Al Nuaimy W, Sneddon L. Reduction in activity by noxious chemical stimulation is ameliorated by immersion in analgesic drugs in zebrafish. J Exp Biol. 2017;220:1451-1458 pubmed publisherResearch has recently demonstrated that larval zebrafish show similar molecular responses to nociception to those of adults...
- Romero A, Garcia Carmona J, Laorden M, Puig M. Role of CRF1 receptor in post-incisional plasma extravasation and nociceptive responses in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;332:121-128 pubmed publisher..Our results show that CRF/CRF1 receptors seem to be a protective role in latent pain sensitization induced by surgery and in the local inflammatory response to injury. ..
- Upton H, Ludbrook G, Wing A, Sleigh J. Intraoperative "Analgesia Nociception Index"-Guided Fentanyl Administration During Sevoflurane Anesthesia in Lumbar Discectomy and Laminectomy: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Anesth Analg. 2017;125:81-90 pubmed publisherThe "Analgesia Nociception Index" (ANI; MetroDoloris Medical Systems, Lille, France) is a proposed noninvasive guide to analgesia derived from an electrocardiogram trace...
- Schulte L, Allers A, May A. Hypothalamus as a mediator of chronic migraine: Evidence from high-resolution fMRI. Neurology. 2017;88:2011-2016 pubmed publisher..While the more posterior part of the hypothalamus seems to be important for the acute pain stage, the more anterior part seems to play an important role in attack generation and migraine chronification. ..
- Lei W, Mullen N, McCarthy S, Brann C, Richard P, Cormier J, et al. Heat-shock protein 90 (Hsp90) promotes opioid-induced anti-nociception by an ERK mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) mechanism in mouse brain. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10414-10428 pubmed publisher..We found that Hsp90 inhibition strongly blocked morphine-induced anti-nociception in models of post-surgical and HIV neuropathic pain but only slightly blocked anti-nociception in a naive tail-..
- Gorgiladze T, Nozadze I, Abzianidze E, Tsagareli M. NON-STEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS'S ANTINOCICEPTION MEDIATED BY THE OPIOID MECHANISM IN THE NUCLEUS RAPHE MAGNUS. Georgian Med News. 2017;:99-104 pubmed..001). The present findings support the concept that antinociceptive effects of NSAIDs are mediated via an endogenous opioid system possibly involving the descending pain modulatory circuit. ..
- Moy J, Khoutorsky A, Asiedu M, Black B, Kuhn J, Barragán Iglesias P, et al. The MNK-eIF4E Signaling Axis Contributes to Injury-Induced Nociceptive Plasticity and the Development of Chronic Pain. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7481-7499 pubmed publisher..We reveal a new mechanistic target for the development of a chronic pain state and propose that targeting the upstream kinase, MAPK interacting kinase 1/2, could be used as a therapeutic approach for chronic pain. ..
- Wu Y, Guernon J, McClure A, Luo G, Rajamani R, Ng A, et al. Discovery of non-zwitterionic aryl sulfonamides as Nav1.7 inhibitors with efficacy in preclinical behavioral models and translational measures of nociceptive neuron activation. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:5490-5505 pubmed publisher..Despite its moderate cellular activity, 49 exhibited robust efficacy in mouse models of neuropathic and inflammatory pain and modulated translational electromyogram measures associated with activation of nociceptive neurons. ..
- Dong X, Liu T, Wang H, Yang J, Chen Z, Hu Y, et al. A novel dual-wavelength laser stimulator to elicit transient and tonic nociceptive stimulation. Lasers Med Sci. 2017;32:1001-1008 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it can also provide a reliable combination of transient and consistent stimulations for basic studies of pain perception. ..
- Li N, Huang Y, Huang L, Guo S, Shen M, Guo C, et al. Dezocine Antagonizes Morphine Analgesia upon Simultaneous Administration in Rodent Models of Acute Nociception. Pain Physician. 2017;20:E401-E409 pubmed..Here we administered dezocine alone or in combination with morphine to different acute nociception paradigms to explore the interactions of the 2 drugs upon co-administration...
- Raoof M, Esmaeili Mahani S, Nourzadeh M, Raoof R, Abbasnejad M, Amirkhosravi L, et al. Noxious Stimulation of the Rat Tooth Pulp May Impair Learning and Memory Through the Induction of Hippocampal Apoptosis. J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2015;29:390-7 pubmed publisher..01), which was inhibited by ibuprofen pretreatment (P<.05). Memory and learning impairment induced by noxious stimulation of the rat tooth pulp may be correlated with activation of apoptotic pathways in the hippocampus. ..
- Adães S, Mendonça M, Santos T, Castro Lopes J, Ferreira Gomes J, Neto F. Intra-articular injection of collagenase in the knee of rats as an alternative model to study nociception associated with osteoarthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R10 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated if the intra-articular injection of collagenase can be an alternative model to study nociception associated with osteoarthritis...
- Schunck R, Macedo I, Laste G, de Souza A, Valle M, Salomón J, et al. Standardized Passiflora incarnata L. Extract Reverts the Analgesia Induced by Alcohol Withdrawal in Rats. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1199-1208 pubmed publisher..incarnata. Considering these results, the P. incarnata treatment might be a potential therapy in the alcohol withdrawal syndrome. Copyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Velcicky J, Miltz W, Oberhauser B, Orain D, Vaupel A, Weigand K, et al. Development of Selective, Orally Active GPR4 Antagonists with Modulatory Effects on Nociception, Inflammation, and Angiogenesis. J Med Chem. 2017;60:3672-3683 pubmed publisher..Compound 13 showed significant efficacy in the rat antigen induced arthritis as well as in the hyperalgesia and angiogenesis model at a well-tolerated dose of 30 mg/kg. ..
- Malanotte J, Kakihata C, Karvat J, Brancalhão R, Ribeiro L, Bertolini G. Jumping in aquatic environment after sciatic nerve compression: nociceptive evaluation and morphological characteristics of the soleus muscle of Wistar rats. Einstein (Sao Paulo). 2017;15:77-84 pubmed publisherTo evaluate the effect of jumping in aquatic environment on nociception and in the soleus muscle of trained and not trained Wistar rats, in the treatment of compressive neuropathy of the sciatic nerve...
- Sugiyama D, Kang S, Arpey N, Arunakul P, Usachev Y, Brennan T. Hydrogen Peroxide Induces Muscle Nociception via Transient Receptor Potential Ankyrin 1 Receptors. Anesthesiology. 2017;127:695-708 pubmed publisher..The greater response of muscle tissue to H2O2 may help explain why incision that includes deep muscle but not skin incision alone produces spontaneous activity in nociceptive pathways. ..
- Páldy E, Simonetti M, Worzfeld T, Bali K, Vicuña L, Offermanns S, et al. Semaphorin 4C Plexin-B2 signaling in peripheral sensory neurons is pronociceptive in a model of inflammatory pain. Nat Commun. 2017;8:176 pubmed publisher..This study finds that semaphorin 4C and its receptor Plexin B are expressed in sensory neurons and are pronociceptive in a mouse model of inflammatory pain. ..
- Elfenbein J, Robertson S, MacKay R, KuKanich B, Sanchez L. Systemic and anti-nociceptive effects of prolonged lidocaine, ketamine, and butorphanol infusions alone and in combination in healthy horses. BMC Vet Res. 2014;10 Suppl 1:S6 pubmed publisher..cause an apparent delay in gastrointestinal transit in healthy horses without substantially affecting somatic nociception at the doses studied...