Genomes and Genes
Summary: Memory related to spatial information.
- Roux L, Hu B, Eichler R, Stark E, Buzsaki G. Sharp wave ripples during learning stabilize the hippocampal spatial map. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:845-853 pubmed publisher..SPW-R silencing did not impact the firing rates or proportions of place cells. These results suggest that interference with SPW-R-associated activity during learning prevents stabilization and refinement of hippocampal maps. ..
- Zhao Y, He L, Zhang Y, Zhao J, Liu Z, Xing F, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha and beta regulate actin polymerization and spatial memory through an SRC-1/mTORC2-dependent pathway in the hippocampus of female mice. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;174:96-113 pubmed publisher..that the ER? and ER? antagonists induced a disruption in actin polymerization and an impairment of spatial memory, which were rescued by activation of mTORC2...
- Rawdon C, Murphy J, Blanchard M, Kelleher I, Clarke M, Kavanagh F, et al. Reduced P300 amplitude during retrieval on a spatial working memory task in a community sample of adolescents who report psychotic symptoms. BMC Psychiatry. 2013;13:125 pubmed publisher..These results identify neural correlates of neurocognitive dysfunction associated with population level psychotic symptoms and provide insights into ERP abnormalities associated with the extended psychosis phenotype. ..
- del Pino I, Brotons Mas J, Marques Smith A, Marighetto A, Frick A, Marin O, et al. Abnormal wiring of CCK+ basket cells disrupts spatial information coding. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:784-792 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that normal integration of CCK+ basket cells in cortical networks is key to support spatial coding in the hippocampus. ..
- Castellano J, Mosher K, Abbey R, McBride A, James M, Berdnik D, et al. Human umbilical cord plasma proteins revitalize hippocampal function in aged mice. Nature. 2017;544:488-492 pubmed publisher..We find that systemic pools of TIMP2 are necessary for spatial memory in young mice, while treatment of brain slices with TIMP2 antibody prevents long-term potentiation, arguing ..
- Niccolini F, Wilson H, Pagano G, Coello C, Mehta M, Searle G, et al. Loss of phosphodiesterase 4 in Parkinson disease: Relevance to cognitive deficits. Neurology. 2017;89:586-593 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate loss of PDE4 expression in the striato-thalamo-cortical circuit, which is associated with deficits of spatial working memory in patients with PD. ..
- Ionita R, Postu P, Beppe G, Mihasan M, Petre B, Hancianu M, et al. Cognitive-enhancing and antioxidant activities of the aqueous extract from Markhamia tomentosa (Benth.) K. Schum. stem bark in a rat model of scopolamine. Behav Brain Funct. 2017;13:5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the aqueous extract ameliorates scopolamine-induced spatial memory impairment by attenuation of the oxidative stress in the rat hippocampus.
- Jeong D, Lee J, Chang W, Chang J. Identifying the appropriate time for deep brain stimulation to achieve spatial memory improvement on the Morris water maze. BMC Neurosci. 2017;18:29 pubmed publisher..Our previous study suggested that spatial memory improvement by medial septum (MS)-DBS may be associated with cholinergic regulation and neurogenesis...
- Dinel A, Joffre C, Trifilieff P, Aubert A, Foury A, Le Ruyet P, et al. Inflammation early in life is a vulnerability factor for emotional behavior at adolescence and for lipopolysaccharide-induced spatial memory and neurogenesis alteration at adulthood. J Neuroinflammation. 2014;11:155 pubmed publisher..In this study, we examined whether an early-life inflammatory challenge could alter emotional behaviors and spatial memory at adolescence and adulthood and whether stress axis activity, inflammatory response and neurogenesis were ..
- Rahman A, Lamberty Y, Schenker E, Cella M, Languille S, Bordet R, et al. Effects of acute administration of donepezil or memantine on sleep-deprivation-induced spatial memory deficit in young and aged non-human primate grey mouse lemurs (Microcebus murinus). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184822 pubmed publisher..In particular, spatial memory impairment was evaluated using a circular platform task after 8 h of total SD...
- Bruder G, Lubas P, Steinicke F. Cognitive Resource Demands of Redirected Walking. IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph. 2015;21:539-44 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications and provide guidelines for using redirected walking in virtual reality laboratories. ..
- Nguyen V, Starzyk J, Goh W, Jachyra D. Neural network structure for spatio-temporal long-term memory. IEEE Trans Neural Netw Learn Syst. 2012;23:971-83 pubmed publisher..Results show that our LTM model is robust to different types of distortions. Second, our LTM model outperforms other sequential processing models in a classification task for the ASL dataset. ..
- Shanmugasundaram B, Aher Y, Aradska J, Ilić M, Daba Feyissa D, Kalaba P, et al. R-Modafinil exerts weak effects on spatial memory acquisition and dentate gyrus synaptic plasticity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179675 pubmed publisher..Hence we studied its effect in a spatial memory paradigm and its possible effects on dentate gyrus long-term potentiation (DG-LTP)...
- Fang X, Li S, Han Q, Zhao Y, Gao J, Yan J, et al. Overexpression cdc42 attenuates isoflurane-induced neurotoxicity in developmental brain of rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:719-725 pubmed publisher..Cdc42 over-expression could reverse neurotoxicity and improve cognitive impairment induced by isoflurane. ..
- Chaisawang P, Sirichoat A, Chaijaroonkhanarak W, Pannangrong W, Sripanidkulchai B, Wigmore P, et al. Asiatic acid protects against cognitive deficits and reductions in cell proliferation and survival in the rat hippocampus caused by 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180650 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that AA can prevent the spatial working memory and hippocampal neurogenesis impairments caused by 5-FU chemotherapy. ..
- Zhang L, Chen G, Chen J, He X, Hu X. [Mechanisms of histamine ameliorating memory impairment induced by pentylenetetrazole-kindling epilepsy in rats]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2017;46:1-6 pubmedb>Objective: To investigate the effects of neuronal histamine on spatial memory acquisition impairment in rats with pentylenetetrazole-kindling epilepsy, and to explore its mechanisms...
- Woitke F, Ceanga M, Rudolph M, Niv F, Witte O, Redecker C, et al. Adult hippocampal neurogenesis poststroke: More new granule cells but aberrant morphology and impaired spatial memory. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183463 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ischemic insults cause hippocampal-dependent memory deficits which are associated with aberrant neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus indicating ischemia-induced maladaptive plasticity in the hippocampus. ..