Summary: The visual display of data in a man-machine system. An example is when data is called from the computer and transmitted to a CATHODE RAY TUBE DISPLAY or LIQUID CRYSTAL display.
- Ong A, Pitman A, Tan S, Gledhill S, Hennessy O, Lui B, et al. Comparison of 3MP medical-grade to 1MP office-grade LCD monitors in mammographic diagnostic and perceptual performance. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2011;55:153-62 pubmed publisher..There were no statistically and clinically significant differences between 3MP and 1MP monitors in mammographic diagnostic and perceptual performance. Comparable performance may be due to compensatory behaviour by readers. ..
- Mc Laughlin P, Neill S, Fanning N, Mc Garrigle A, Connor O, Wyse G, et al. Emergency CT brain: preliminary interpretation with a tablet device: image quality and diagnostic performance of the Apple iPad. Emerg Radiol. 2012;19:127-33 pubmed publisher..The tablet allowed satisfactory identification of acute CT brain findings, but additional research will be required to examine the cause of "understandable" reporting discrepancies that occur when using tablet devices. ..
- Agostinelli A, Specchia M, Liguori G, Parlato A, Siliquini R, Nante N, et al. Data display format and hospital ward reports: effects of different presentations on data interpretation. Eur J Public Health. 2013;23:82-6 pubmed publisher..The choice of a graphical format may influence the understanding of data. Further research is needed in order to sustain the improvement of medical and health professionals' knowledge in the display data format. ..
- Van Erp J. Presenting directions with a vibrotactile torso display. Ergonomics. 2005;48:302-13 pubmed..The present results are relevant for tactile navigation displays for visually handicapped individuals or for jet pilots. ..
- Vaiana M, McGlynn E. What cognitive science tells us about the design of reports for consumers. Med Care Res Rev. 2002;59:3-35 pubmed..Based on their review, the authors develop some general principles for presenting information and demonstrate their utility by assessing three Web sites that report performance data. ..
- Krempien R, Hoppe H, Kahrs L, Daeuber S, Schorr O, Eggers G, et al. Projector-based augmented reality for intuitive intraoperative guidance in image-guided 3D interstitial brachytherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008;70:944-52 pubmed publisher..The system meets clinical demands and enables intuitive real-time intraoperative orientation and monitoring of needle implantation. ..
- Geijer H, Geijer M, Forsberg L, Kheddache S, Sund P. Comparison of color LCD and medical-grade monochrome LCD displays in diagnostic radiology. J Digit Imaging. 2007;20:114-21 pubmed..The VGA scores were -0.28 for the color and -0.25 for the monochrome display (p = 0.24; NS). It thus seems possible to use color displays in diagnostic radiology provided that grayscale adjustment is used. ..
- Inchingolo P, Beltrame M, Bosazzi P, Cicuta D, Faustini G, Mininel S, et al. O3-DPACS Open-Source Image-Data Manager/Archiver and HDW2 Image-Data Display: an IHE-compliant project pushing the e-health integration in the world. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2006;30:391-406 pubmed..In this paper an original Image-Data Manager/Archiver (O3-DPACS) and a universal Image-Data Display (HDW2) are described...
- Usami H, Ikeda M, Ishigaki T, Fukushima H, Shimamoto K. The influence of liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors on observer performance for the detection of nodular lesions on chest radiographs. Eur Radiol. 2006;16:726-32 pubmed..The nodule detection performance on the LCD monitors with a spatial resolution higher than a matrix size of 1,024x1,280 was found to be equivalent to that on the high-resolution CRT monitor. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Fujita H, Asai Y, Uemura M, Ookura Y, Matsumoto M, et al. Psychophysical analysis of monitor display functions affecting observer diagnostic performance of CT image on liquid crystal display monitors. Eur Radiol. 2005;15:2487-96 pubmed..The GSDF was suitable for observation of abdominal and lung CT images; however, the display function combined the Exponential gamma 2.2 and the GSDF functions and was ideal for observation of brain CT images by psychophysical analysis. ..
- Badano A, Gagne R, Jennings R, Drilling S, Imhoff B, Muka E. Noise in flat-panel displays with subpixel structure. Med Phys. 2004;31:715-23 pubmed
- Takahashi K, Ishikawa N, Sadamoto Y, Sasamoto H, Ohta S, Shiozawa A, et al. E-Cell 2: multi-platform E-Cell simulation system. Bioinformatics. 2003;19:1727-9 pubmed..A new version of the E-Cell simulation system,which runs on Windows as well as Linux, has been released as free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. ..
- Saunders R, Samei E. Resolution and noise measurements of five CRT and LCD medical displays. Med Phys. 2006;33:308-19 pubmed..01% (accounting for blurring only) and 0.40 +/- 0.01% (accounting for blurring and prewhitening) for CRTs, and 1.02% +/- 0.22% (accounting for blurring only) and 0.36% +/- 0.08% (accounting for blurring and prewhitening) for LCDs. ..
- Gillingham W, Holt A, Gillies J. Hand-held computers in healthcare: what software programs are available?. N Z Med J. 2002;115:U185 pubmed..Current PDA healthcare software is categorised and discussed in the following five groups: 1) reference/text book; 2) calculator; 3) patient management/logbook; 4) personal clinical/study notebook; 5) utility software. ..
- Haggarty S, Clemons P, Schreiber S. Chemical genomic profiling of biological networks using graph theory and combinations of small molecule perturbations. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:10543-5 pubmed..This application of small molecules could be useful for discerning the molecular basis of highly complex biological phenotypes, including those involved in the susceptibility to or etiology of human disease. ..
- Wang J, Compton K, Peng Q. Proposal of a quality-index or metric for soft copy display systems: contrast sensitivity study. J Digit Imaging. 2003;16:185-202 pubmed..Based on this correlation, it is proposed to use the gradient of luminance response curve as a quality-index or metric for SD devices. ..
- Wade C, Brennan P. Assessment of monitor conditions for the display of radiological diagnostic images and ambient lighting. Br J Radiol. 2004;77:465-71 pubmed
- Aldrich J, Rutledge J. Assessment of PACS display systems. J Digit Imaging. 2005;18:287-95 pubmed..None of the systems met the contrast ratio criteria in ambient light. The challenges in improving the performance and calibrating displays are discussed. ..
- Gerteis M, Gerteis J, Newman D, Koepke C. Testing consumers' comprehension of quality measures using alternative reporting formats. Health Care Financ Rev. 2007;28:31-45 pubmed..Respondents made fewest errors on templates using words to characterize performance as better, average, or worse. ..
- Massari P, Pereira S, Thirion B, Derville A, Darmoni S. Use of super-concepts to customize electronic medical records data display. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2008;136:845-50 pubmed..This work shows that these terminological tools are able to facilitate information retrieval. ..
- Troyanskaya O, Cantor M, Sherlock G, Brown P, Hastie T, Tibshirani R, et al. Missing value estimation methods for DNA microarrays. Bioinformatics. 2001;17:520-5 pubmed..We report results of the comparative experiments and provide recommendations and tools for accurate estimation of missing microarray data under a variety of conditions. ..
- Thimm O, Bläsing O, Gibon Y, Nagel A, Meyer S, Kruger P, et al. MAPMAN: a user-driven tool to display genomics data sets onto diagrams of metabolic pathways and other biological processes. Plant J. 2004;37:914-39 pubmed
- Samei E, Wright S. Viewing angle performance of medical liquid crystal displays. Med Phys. 2006;33:645-54 pubmed..3 and beta175 quantities for defining the viewing angle cones within which a medical LCD device can be effectively utilized. ..
- Tsalafoutas I, Tsapaki V, Koulentianos E, Triantopoulou C. Quality control of a laser camera with the SMPTE test pattern: optical density variations with printing format and frame position. Br J Radiol. 2004;77:52-6 pubmed..The OD variations observed with printing format and frame position can not be explained with certainty. They may indicate a laser camera malfunction and, if this is the case, limits to the maximum variation allowed should be set. ..
- Badano A, Flynn M, Martin S, Kanicki J. Angular dependence of the luminance and contrast in medical monochrome liquid crystal displays. Med Phys. 2003;30:2602-13 pubmed..The changes due to off-normal viewing are substantial at large angles in the horizontal and vertical directions, and much worse in the diagonal viewing directions. ..
- van Ginneken A. Considerations for the representation of meta-data for the support of structured data entry. Methods Inf Med. 2003;42:226-35 pubmed..The preferred strategy seems to be a mapping between the concepts from a terminology standard and meta-data for SDE. ..
- Schnabel U, Hegenloh M, Muller H, Zehetleitner M. Electromagnetic tracking of motion in the proximity of computer generated graphical stimuli: a tutorial. Behav Res Methods. 2013;45:696-701 pubmed publisher..This novel solution permits combining the advantages of electromagnetic motion tracking with computer-generated visual stimulation. ..
- Faxvaag A, Røstad L, Tøndel I, Seim A, Toussaint P. Visualizing patient trajectories on wall-mounted boards - information security challenges. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2009;150:715-9 pubmed..Information security threats could be mitigated by de-identification techniques. Information demands could thereby be met without sacrificing the privacy of those whose information is displayed. ..
- Chen Q, Chen Y. Mining protein kinases regulation using graphical models. IEEE Trans Nanobioscience. 2011;10:1-8 pubmed publisher..Our results point to a number of novel candidate regulation patterns that are interesting in biology and include inferred associations that were unknown. ..
- Goodstadt M, Marti Renom M. Challenges for visualizing three-dimensional data in genomic browsers. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2505-2519 pubmed publisher..A set of requirements for coherent visualization of novel spatial genomic data is defined and the resulting potential for whole genome visualization is described. ..
- Saville B, Kim Y, Koch G. Graphical displays for clarifying how allocation ratio affects total sample size for the two sample logrank test. Pharm Stat. 2011;10:40-4 pubmed publisher..These graphical displays conveniently summarize information in the literature and provide a useful tool for planning sample sizes for the two sample logrank test. ..
- Servant N, Lajoie B, Nora E, Giorgetti L, Chen C, Heard E, et al. HiTC: exploration of high-throughput 'C' experiments. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:2843-4 pubmed publisher..The R package HiTC is available from the Bioconductor website. A detailed vignette provides additional documentation and help for using the package. ..
- Witteman H, Zikmund Fisher B, Waters E, Gavaruzzi T, Fagerlin A. Risk estimates from an online risk calculator are more believable and recalled better when expressed as integers. J Med Internet Res. 2011;13:e54 pubmed publisher..Rounding to the nearest integer is likely preferable for communicating risk estimates via risk calculators so that they might be remembered correctly and judged as believable. ..
- Lavielle M, Bleakley K. Automatic data binning for improved visual diagnosis of pharmacometric models. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2011;38:861-71 pubmed publisher..Poor selection of bins can easily lead to incorrect model diagnosis. We propose an automatic binning strategy that improves reliability of model diagnosis using VPC. It is implemented in version 4 of the MONOLIX: software. ..
- Shahian D, Edwards F, Jacobs J, Prager R, Normand S, Shewan C, et al. Public reporting of cardiac surgery performance: Part 2--implementation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;92:S12-23 pubmed publisher..This may also help to mitigate risk aversion, the avoidance of high-risk patients. ..
- Moeyaert M, Ugille M, Ferron J, Beretvas S, Van den Noortgate W. Modeling external events in the three-level analysis of multiple-baseline across-participants designs: a simulation study. Behav Res Methods. 2013;45:547-59 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the adjusted model results in less biased variance estimates. If there is no external event effect, we find no differences in results between the modified and unmodified models. ..
- Samosky J, Wang B, Nelson D, Bregman R, Hosmer A, Weaver R. BodyWindows: enhancing a mannequin with projective augmented reality for exploring anatomy, physiology and medical procedures. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2012;173:433-9 pubmed..The developed low-cost interface employees an IR light pen and the Nintendo Wiimote. We also report experiments using the Microsoft Kinect computer vision sensor to provide a completely hand-gesture based interface. ..
- Lim Y, Shin S, Cho N, Bhattacharyya S, Park K, Lee J, et al. High performance transflective liquid crystal display associated with fringe-field switching device. Opt Express. 2011;19:8085-91 pubmed publisher..The devices show high light efficiency without requiring any optical compensation films, exhibiting strong potential for portable display applications. ..
- Bender S, Lederle K, Weiss C, Schoenberg S, Weisser G. 8-bit or 11-bit monochrome displays--which image is preferred by the radiologist?. Eur Radiol. 2011;21:1088-96 pubmed publisher..But radiologists partially judged this as a lack of sharpness and contrast and generally preferred the 8-bit display. ..
- Jensen A, Boyle J, Khanna S. Visualising patient flow. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2012;178:77-82 pubmed..The tool may be helpful in supporting hospital bed managers in their daily decision making. ..
- Rodes W, Gugerty L. Effects of electronic map displays and individual differences in ability on navigation performance. Hum Factors. 2012;54:589-99 pubmed..Some aspects of navigation performance can be improved primarily by using the optimal map configuration; other aspects require using the optimal configuration and having better spatial ability. ..
- Phillips G, Otto R, Wall C, Ngo A, Mayock P, Weinberger E. Interactive, computer-based pediatric chest atlas. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2012;28:145-7 pubmed publisher..seattlechildrens.org/radiologyeducation/pediatric-chest. Improved interpretation of pediatric chest radiographs in the acute setting may be facilitated by a comprehensive, computer-based, pediatric chest atlas. ..
- Westesson O, Skinner M, Holmes I. Visualizing next-generation sequencing data with JBrowse. Brief Bioinform. 2013;14:172-7 pubmed publisher..Many of JBrowse's design features make it well suited for visualizing high-volume data, such as aligned next-generation sequencing reads. ..
- Koopman R, Kochendorfer K, Moore J, Mehr D, Wakefield D, Yadamsuren B, et al. A diabetes dashboard and physician efficiency and accuracy in accessing data needed for high-quality diabetes care. Ann Fam Med. 2011;9:398-405 pubmed publisher..Usability analysis tools can provide important insights into the value of optimizing physician use of health information technologies. ..
- Owsley C, McGwin G, Seder T. Older drivers' attitudes about instrument cluster designs in vehicles. Accid Anal Prev. 2011;43:2024-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this study will be used to guide the design of a population-based survey of older drivers about instrument cluster format, which will also examine how their responses are related to their visual processing capabilities. ..
- Sanderson P, Liu D, Jenkins S. Auditory displays in anesthesiology. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2009;22:788-95 pubmed publisher..Much more rigorous approaches should be taken to evaluating auditory displays so they add information rather than noise. ..
- Wang C, Zhang J, Ryu K, Badmaev A, De Arco L, Zhou C. Wafer-scale fabrication of separated carbon nanotube thin-film transistors for display applications. Nano Lett. 2009;9:4285-91 pubmed publisher..Our approach can be easily scaled to large areas and could serve as critical foundation for future nanotube-based display electronics. ..
- Im H, Halberda J. The effects of sampling and internal noise on the representation of ensemble average size. Atten Percept Psychophys. 2013;75:278-86 pubmed publisher..This ensemble process may be more similar to texture processing. ..
- Honglawan A, Beller D, Cavallaro M, Kamien R, Stebe K, Yang S. Topographically induced hierarchical assembly and geometrical transformation of focal conic domain arrays in smectic liquid crystals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:34-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose a geometric model to reconstruct the smectic layer structure in the gaps between neighboring FCDs to estimate the energetic effects of nonzero eccentricity and assess their thermodynamic stability. ..
- ..Additional research on warnings geared toward children is needed. ..
- Pineño O. ArduiPod Box: a low-cost and open-source Skinner box using an iPod Touch and an Arduino microcontroller. Behav Res Methods. 2014;46:196-205 pubmed publisher..A pilot experiment is also presented, which shows that the ArduiPod Box, in spite of its extraordinary simplicity, can be effectively used to study animal learning and behavior. ..
- Silosky M, Marsh R. Characterization of Luminance and Color Properties of 6-MP Wide-Screen Displays. J Digit Imaging. 2016;29:7-13 pubmed publisher..003â€‰Â±â€‰0.001. These data provide a baseline for the acceptance of future displays as well as for longitudinal studies of luminance and color performance. ..
- Ing E, Celo E, Ing R, Weisbrod L, Ing M. Quantitative analysis of the text and graphic content in ophthalmic slide presentations. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017;52:171-174 pubmed publisher..2 ± 1.0) at p = 0.0124. All presenters showed more than 1 slide per minute. The HSL showed more spm than the LSL. The descriptive statistics from this study may aid in the preparation of slides used for teaching and conferences. ..