Genomes and Genes
attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity
Summary: A behavior disorder originating in childhood in which the essential features are signs of developmentally inappropriate inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Although most individuals have symptoms of both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity, one or the other pattern may be predominant. The disorder is more frequent in males than females. Onset is in childhood. Symptoms often attenuate during late adolescence although a minority experience the full complement of symptoms into mid-adulthood. (From DSM-IV)
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderJoseph Biederman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit of the Child Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lancet 366:237-48. 2005..Other investigations have also clarified the appropriate role of targeted psychosocial treatments in the context of ongoing pharmacotherapy...
- The worldwide prevalence of ADHD: a systematic review and metaregression analysisGuilherme Polanczyk
ADHD Outpatient Program, Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil 90035 003
Am J Psychiatry 164:942-8. 2007..Presently, the reasons for this discrepancy remain poorly understood. The purpose of this study was to determine the possible causes of the varied worldwide estimates of the disorder and to compute its worldwide-pooled prevalence...
- Psychometric properties of the strengths and difficulties questionnaireR Goodman
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, England
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:1337-45. 2001..To describe the psychometric properties of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ), a brief measure of the prosocial behavior and psychopathology of 3-16-year-olds that can be completed by parents, teachers, or youths...
- Behavioral inhibition, sustained attention, and executive functions: constructing a unifying theory of ADHDR A Barkley
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01655, USA
Psychol Bull 121:65-94. 1997..Although the model is promising as a potential theory of self-control and ADHD, far more research is required to evaluate its merits and the many predictions it makes about ADHD...
- The ESSENCE in child psychiatry: Early Symptomatic Syndromes Eliciting Neurodevelopmental Clinical ExaminationsChristopher Gillberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:1543-51. 2010..There is no time to wait; something needs to be done, and that something is unlikely to be just in the area of speech and language, just in the area of autism or just in special education...
- The genetics of autism spectrum disorders and related neuropsychiatric disorders in childhoodPaul Lichtenstein
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Psychiatry 167:1357-63. 2010..Population-based studies of the heritability of other neuropsychiatric disorders and comorbidities among them have also been sparse. The authors sought to address both of these issues...
- Cingulate-precuneus interactions: a new locus of dysfunction in adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderF Xavier Castellanos
Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, New York University Child Study Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:332-7. 2008....
- Prevalence and correlates of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: meta-analysisViktoria Simon
Semmelweis University Budapest, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Balassa u 6, Budapest H 1083, Hungary
Br J Psychiatry 194:204-11. 2009..In spite of the growing literature about adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), relatively little is known about the prevalence and correlates of this disorder...
- Rare chromosomal deletions and duplications in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a genome-wide analysisNigel M Williams
MRC Centre in Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics and Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Lancet 376:1401-8. 2010..We aimed to establish whether burden of CNVs was increased in ADHD, and to investigate whether identified CNVs were enriched for loci previously identified in autism and schizophrenia...
- The age-dependent decline of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a meta-analysis of follow-up studiesStephen V Faraone
Medical Genetics Research Program and Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Psychol Med 36:159-65. 2006..This study examined the persistence of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) into adulthood...
- Computerized training of working memory in children with ADHD--a randomized, controlled trialTorkel Klingberg
Unit of Neuropediatrics, Department Women and Children s Health, Karolinska Institute, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:177-86. 2005..During 2002 to 2003, the authors conducted a multicenter, randomized, controlled, double-blind trial to investigate the effect of improving WM by computerized, systematic practice of WM tasks...
- Cognitive and behavioral outcomes of school-aged children who were born preterm: a meta-analysisAdnan T Bhutta
Department of Pediatrics, Arkansas University for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
JAMA 288:728-37. 2002..The cognitive and behavioral outcomes of school-aged children who were born preterm have been reported extensively. Many of these studies have methodological flaws that preclude an accurate estimate of the long-term outcomes of prematurity...
- Rare structural variants found in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder are preferentially associated with neurodevelopmental genesJ Elia
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:637-46. 2010..Together, these results suggest that rare inherited structural variations play an important role in ADHD development and indicate a set of putative candidate genes for further study in the etiology of ADHD...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder is characterized by a delay in cortical maturationP Shaw
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Room 3N202, Building 10, Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19649-54. 2007..Neuroanatomic documentation of a delay in regional cortical maturation in ADHD has not been previously reported...
- Gray matter volume abnormalities in ADHD: voxel-based meta-analysis exploring the effects of age and stimulant medicationTomohiro Nakao
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Am J Psychiatry 168:1154-63. 2011..The authors conducted a meta-analysis of voxel-based morphometry studies in children and adults with ADHD and examined the potential effects of age and stimulant medication on regional gray matter volumes...
- Meta-analysis of neurobehavioral outcomes in very preterm and/or very low birth weight childrenCornelieke Sandrine Hanan Aarnoudse-Moens
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Pediatrics 124:717-28. 2009..We conducted a quantitative meta-analysis of studies published between 1998 and 2008 on academic achievement, behavioral functioning, and EF with the aim of providing aggregated measures of effect size for these outcome domains...
- Validity of the executive function theory of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a meta-analytic reviewErik G Willcutt
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:1336-46. 2005..Difficulties with EF appear to be one important component of the complex neuropsychology of ADHD...
- Investigating the contribution of common genetic variants to the risk and pathogenesis of ADHDEvangelia Stergiakouli
MRC Centre in Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales
Am J Psychiatry 169:186-94. 2012..The authors undertook a GWAS of ADHD and examined whether associated SNPs, including those below conventional levels of significance, influenced the same biological pathways affected by CNVs...
- Candidate gene studies of ADHD: a meta-analytic reviewIan R Gizer
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 120 Mason Farm Road, Room 5015 Genetic Medicine Building CB 7264, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Hum Genet 126:51-90. 2009..g., ADHD subtype diagnoses, gender, exposure to environmental risk factors). We conclude with a discussion of these findings in relation to emerging themes relevant to future studies of the genetics of ADHD...
- Genome-wide analysis of copy number variants in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: the role of rare variants and duplications at 15q13.3Nigel M Williams
Medical Research Council Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, and School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Am J Psychiatry 169:195-204. 2012..Because of its multifactorial etiology, however, identifying the genes involved has been difficult. The authors followed up on recent findings suggesting that rare copy number variants (CNVs) may be important for ADHD etiology...
- European consensus statement on diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD: The European Network Adult ADHDSandra J J Kooij
PsyQ, psycho medische programma s, Department Adult ADHD, Carel Reinierszkade 197, Den Haag, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 10:67. 2010..The evidence on persistence poses several difficulties for adult psychiatry considering the lack of expertise for diagnostic assessment, limited treatment options and patient facilities across Europe...
- Cross-national prevalence and correlates of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderJ Fayyad
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, St George Hospital University Medical Centre, PO Box 166378, Beirut Achrafieh 1100 2807, Lebanon
Br J Psychiatry 190:402-9. 2007..Little is known about the epidemiology of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Psychiatric disorders in children with autism spectrum disorders: prevalence, comorbidity, and associated factors in a population-derived sampleEmily Simonoff
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:921-9. 2008..We identify the rates and type of psychiatric comorbidity associated with ASDs and explore the associations with variables identified as risk factors for child psychiatric disorders...
- The World Health Organization Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS): a short screening scale for use in the general populationRonald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychol Med 35:245-56. 2005..The current report presents data on concordance of the ASRS and of a short-form ASRS screener with blind clinical diagnoses in a community sample...
- Molecular genetics of adult ADHD: converging evidence from genome-wide association and extended pedigree linkage studiesKlaus Peter Lesch
ADHD Clinical Research Program, Molecular and Clinical Psychobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Fuechsleinstr 15, 97080, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:1573-85. 2008..g., CDH13, ASTN2) and regulators of synaptic plasticity (e.g., CTNNA2, KALRN) despite the complex multifactorial etiologies of adult ADHD and addiction vulnerability...
- Training of working memory in children with ADHDTorkel Klingberg
Department of Neuropediatrics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 24:781-91. 2002..The results thus suggest that WM training potentially could be of clinical use for ameliorating the symptoms in ADHD...
- Behavioral models of impulsivity in relation to ADHD: translation between clinical and preclinical studiesCatharine A Winstanley
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, CB2 3EB, UK
Clin Psychol Rev 26:379-95. 2006....
- Shared heritability of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorderNanda N J Rommelse
Department of Psychiatry, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Reinier Postlaan 10, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 19:281-95. 2010..Multivariate multi-level models are probably best suited for the statistical analysis...
- Atomoxetine increases extracellular levels of norepinephrine and dopamine in prefrontal cortex of rat: a potential mechanism for efficacy in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderFrank P Bymaster
Neuroscience Research Division, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:699-711. 2002..In contrast to methylphenidate, atomoxetine did not increase DA in striatum or nucleus accumbens, suggesting it would not have motoric or drug abuse liabilities...
- The epidemiology of pharmacologically treated attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary careSuzanne McCarthy
School of Pharmacy, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
BMC Pediatr 12:78. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the annual prevalence and incidence of pharmacologically treated ADHD in children, adolescents and adults in UK primary care...
- The roles of dopamine and noradrenaline in the pathophysiology and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderNatalia Del Campo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 69:e145-57. 2011....
- ADHD drugs and serious cardiovascular events in children and young adultsWilliam O Cooper
Division of General Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 4313, USA
N Engl J Med 365:1896-904. 2011..Adverse-event reports from North America have raised concern that the use of drugs for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) increases the risk of serious cardiovascular events...
- Integrated genome-wide association study findings: identification of a neurodevelopmental network for attention deficit hyperactivity disorderGeert Poelmans
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 168:365-77. 2011..In the present study, the authors investigated the presence of genomic convergence in the top findings of the five published genome-wide association studies (GWASs) of ADHD...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study of the efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: novel findings using a simulated adult workplace environment designTimothy Wigal
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, Child Development Center, Irvine, CA, USA
Behav Brain Funct 6:34. 2010..Duration of efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) was assessed in adults (18-55 years) with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) using the simulated adult workplace environment...
- Maternal lifestyle factors in pregnancy risk of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and associated behaviors: review of the current evidenceKaren Markussen Linnet
Perinatal Epidemiological Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Psychiatric Hospital for Children and Adolescent, Skejby, Denmark
Am J Psychiatry 160:1028-40. 2003....
- Meta-analysis of structural imaging findings in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEve M Valera
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:1361-9. 2007..Our goal was to statistically analyze structural imaging data via a meta-analysis to help resolve these issues...
- The neural correlates of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: an ALE meta-analysisSteven G Dickstein
NYU Child Study Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1051-62. 2006..The present work provides an objective, unbiased statistically-based meta-analysis of published functional neuroimaging studies of ADHD...
- How specific are executive functioning deficits in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism?Hilde M Geurts
Department of Clinical Neuropsychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:836-54. 2004..The objective of this study is to identify intact and deficient cognitive processes in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and children with high functioning autism (HFA)...
- Pharmacokinetics of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and its active metabolite, d-amphetamine, with increasing oral doses of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a single-dose, randomized, open-label, crossoverSamuel W Boellner
Clinical Study Centers, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Clin Ther 32:252-64. 2010..Information on the pharmacokinetic profile of LDX in children with ADHD is lacking...
- Prevalence of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in substance use disorder patients: a meta-analysis and meta-regression analysisKatelijne van Emmerik-van Oortmerssen
Arkin Mental Health and Addiction Treatment Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Drug Alcohol Depend 122:11-9. 2012..Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a comorbid condition associated with both onset and prognosis of SUD. Prevalence estimates of ADHD in SUD vary significantly...
- Efficacy of methylphenidate for adults with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a meta-regression analysisXavier Castells
Psychiatry Department, Hospital Universitari Vall dHebron, Barcelona, Spain
CNS Drugs 25:157-69. 2011..The reasons for this variability have not been comprehensively investigated...
- "Cool" inferior frontostriatal dysfunction in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder versus "hot" ventromedial orbitofrontal-limbic dysfunction in conduct disorder: a reviewKatya Rubia
Department of Child Psychiatry Medical Research Council Center for Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 69:e69-87. 2011..There is, hence, evidence for dissociated underlying pathophysiologies for these two disorders that may have implications for future anatomy-based differential diagnosis and prevention and intervention...
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: linear dose-proportionality, low intersubject and intrasubject variability, and safety in an open-label single-dose pharmacokinetic study in healthy adult volunteersJames Ermer
Shire Development, 725 Chesterbrook Blvd, Wayne, PA 19087, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 50:1001-10. 2010..These findings indicate that the pharmacokinetic parameters of d-amphetamine were dose-proportional and predictable over a wide range of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate doses...
- Evidence for overlapping genetic influences on autistic and ADHD behaviours in a community twin sampleAngelica Ronald
Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:535-42. 2008..This study takes an individual differences approach to determine the degree of phenotypic and aetiological overlap between autistic traits and ADHD behaviours in the general population...
- A systematic review and analysis of long-term outcomes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: effects of treatment and non-treatmentMonica Shaw
Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Ltd, Basingstoke, UK
BMC Med 10:99. 2012....
- Efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderRobert L Findling
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 50:395-405. 2011..To examine lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (LDX) efficacy and safety versus placebo in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- The estimated prevalence and correlates of adult ADHD in a German community sampleMartina de Zwaan
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 262:79-86. 2012..ADHD is a common disorder of adulthood, is associated with significant social impairment and psychiatric co-morbidity, and should receive further research attention...
- A review on cognitive and brain endophenotypes that may be common in autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and facilitate the search for pleiotropic genesNanda N J Rommelse
Department of Psychiatry, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:1363-96. 2011..By specifying the most promising endophenotypic measures we chart the future course for endophenotypic research in ASD and ADHD. We also discuss the various models that may explain the frequent co-occurrence of ASD and ADHD...
- Genome-wide copy number variation analysis in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: association with neuropeptide Y gene dosage in an extended pedigreeK P Lesch
ADHD Clinical Research Network, Unit for Molecular Psychiatry, Laboratory of Translational Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Mol Psychiatry 16:491-503. 2011..These findings implicate CNVs of behaviour-related genes in the pathogenesis of ADHD and are consistent with the notion that both frequent and rare variants influence the development of this common multifactorial syndrome...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderBenjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:884-97. 2010..As prior genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have not yielded significant results, we conducted a meta-analysis of existing studies to boost statistical power...
- Methylphenidate normalises activation and functional connectivity deficits in attention and motivation networks in medication-naïve children with ADHD during a rewarded continuous performance taskKatya Rubia
Department of Child Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, UK
Neuropharmacology 57:640-52. 2009..We used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to investigate the effects of MPH in medication-naïve children with ADHD on the activation and functional connectivity of "cool" attentional as well as "hot" motivation networks...
- Organophosphate pesticide exposure and attention in young Mexican-American children: the CHAMACOS studyAmy R Marks
Center for Children s Environmental Health Research, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:1768-74. 2010..Exposure to organophosphate (OP) pesticides, well-known neurotoxicants, has been associated with neurobehavioral deficits in children...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderLenard A Adler
Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Ave 7D, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1364-73. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of 30, 50, and 70 mg/day lisdexamfetamine dimesylate compared with placebo in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Age-dependent decline of symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: impact of remission definition and symptom typeJ Biederman
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Psychiatry Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:816-8. 2000..Symptom decline in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) was examined with different definitions of remission...
- Neuropsychology of adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a meta-analytic reviewAaron S Hervey
Department of Psychology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Neuropsychology 18:485-503. 2004..Future directions for research based on these findings are highlighted, including further exploration of specific impairments and an emphasis on particular tests and testing conditions...
- Executive function deficits in autism spectrum disorders and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: examining profiles across domains and agesFrancesca Happe
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Brain Cogn 61:25-39. 2006..Within the present groups, the overall findings suggested less severe and persistent EF deficits in ASD (including Asperger Syndrome) than in ADHD...
- The prevalence and correlates of adult ADHD in the United States: results from the National Comorbidity Survey ReplicationRonald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, 180 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:716-23. 2006..Despite growing interest in adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), little is known about its prevalence or correlates...
- Altered resting-state functional connectivity patterns of anterior cingulate cortex in adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderLixia Tian
National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, PR China
Neurosci Lett 400:39-43. 2006..We suggest these abnormally more significant functional connectivities in the ADHD patients may indicate the abnormality of autonomic control functions in them...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and urinary metabolites of organophosphate pesticidesMaryse F Bouchard
Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatrics 125:e1270-7. 2010..The goal was to examine the association between urinary concentrations of dialkyl phosphate metabolites of organophosphates and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children 8 to 15 years of age...
- Neurobiology of ADHDGail Tripp
Human Developmental Neurobiology Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, 12 22 Suzaki, Uruma City, Okinawa 904 2234, Japan
Neuropharmacology 57:579-89. 2009..We discuss how a failure of this transfer may give rise to many symptoms of ADHD, and propose that methylphenidate might act to compensate for the proposed dopamine transfer deficit...
- The spontaneously hypertensive rat model of ADHD--the importance of selecting the appropriate reference strainTerje Sagvolden
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway
Neuropharmacology 57:619-26. 2009..Finally, we argue that WKY rats obtained from Charles River, Germany (WKY/NCrl) provide a promising model for the predominantly inattentive subtype of ADHD (ADHD-PI); in this case also the WKY/NHsd substrain should be used as control...
- Case-control genome-wide association study of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderBenjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusettes General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:906-20. 2010..Thus additional genomewide association studies (GWAS) are needed...
- Reward anticipation and outcomes in adult males with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAndreas Strohle
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 39:966-72. 2008..These findings suggest that male adults with ADHD show neural signs of abnormal reward processing. Future studies will have to investigate whether these dysfunctional patterns might be normalized by treatment...
- Once-a-day Concerta methylphenidate versus three-times-daily methylphenidate in laboratory and natural settingsW E Pelham
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
Pediatrics 107:E105. 2001..This study tests the efficacy and duration of action, in natural and laboratory settings, of an extended-release MPH preparation designed to last 12 hours and therefore be equivalent to 3-times-daily dosing...
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms moderate cognition and behavior in children with autism spectrum disordersBenjamin E Yerys
Children s Research Institute Neuroscience, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20010, USA
Autism Res 2:322-33. 2009..Therefore, ADHD may moderate the expression of components of the ASD cognitive and behavioral phenotype, but ASD+ADHD may not represent an etiologically distinct phenotype from ASD alone...
- Clinical and cognitive characteristics of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, with and without copy number variantsKate Langley
Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, and MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Br J Psychiatry 199:398-403. 2011..Submicroscopic, rare chromosomal copy number variants (CNVs) contribute to neurodevelopmental disorders but it is not known whether they define atypical clinical cases...
- Time trends in adolescent mental healthStephan Collishaw
MRC Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:1350-62. 2004..Few studies have examined this issue using the same instruments at each time point...
- A comparison of the efficacy of medications for adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder using meta-analysis of effect sizesStephen V Faraone
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:754-63. 2010....
- Efficacy and tolerability of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (NRP-104) in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, forced-dose, parallel-group studyJoseph Biederman
Department of Pediatric Psychopharmacology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Ther 29:450-63. 2007..Following ingestion, the pharmacologically active d-amphetamine molecule is gradually released by rate-limited hydrolysis...
- Prenatal organochlorine exposure and behaviors associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in school-aged childrenSharon K Sagiv
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 171:593-601. 2010..76, 95% confidence interval: 1.06, 2.92) and a similar relation for p,p'-DDE. These results support an association between low-level prenatal organochlorine exposure and ADHD-like behaviors in childhood...
- Very early predictors of adolescent depression and suicide attempts in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAndrea Chronis-Tuscano
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:1044-51. 2010..Concrete suicidal ideation and attempts during adolescence are particularly associated with significant distress, morbidity, and risk for completed suicide...
- Depressed dopamine activity in caudate and preliminary evidence of limbic involvement in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderNora D Volkow
National Institute on Drug Abuse, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 5274, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:932-40. 2007..There is considerable evidence that brain dopamine is involved in ADHD, but it is unclear whether dopamine activity is enhanced or depressed...
- European guidelines on managing adverse effects of medication for ADHDJ Graham
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Centre for Child Health, Dundee, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:17-37. 2011..Some of the effects examined appeared to be minimal in impact or difficult to distinguish from risk to untreated populations. However, several areas require further study to allow a more precise understanding of these risks...
- Long-acting medications for the hyperkinetic disorders. A systematic review and European treatment guidelineTobias Banaschewski
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Von Siebold Str 5, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 15:476-95. 2006..Individual clinical choice is needed. (3) Both ATX and extended-release preparations of stimulants should be available. The choice will depend upon the circumstances, and detailed recommendations are made...
- What causes attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?Anita Thapar
Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:260-5. 2012..In this review, the authors consider recent developments in the understanding of risk factors that influence ADHD...
- A population-based study of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms and associated impairment in middle-aged adultsDebjani Das
John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e31500. 2012..Thus, there is a compelling need for better understanding and development of age-appropriate approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD in mid- to late-life...
- Spontaneous attentional fluctuations in impaired states and pathological conditions: a neurobiological hypothesisEdmund J S Sonuga-Barke
Developmental Brain and Behaviour Unit, School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 31:977-86. 2007..Finally, we explore the putative role of default-mode interference as a cause of performance variability in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder...
- Genetic and environmental influences on ADHD symptom dimensions of inattention and hyperactivity: a meta-analysisMolly A Nikolas
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 119:1-17. 2010..These findings highlight the need for future studies to disambiguate INATT and HYP when investigating the causal mechanisms, and particularly genetic influences, behind ADHD...
- Misuse and diversion of stimulants prescribed for ADHD: a systematic review of the literatureTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:21-31. 2008..The purpose of this systematic review of the literature is to evaluate the extent and characteristics of stimulant misuse and diversion in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and non-ADHD individuals...
- Predictors of persistent ADHD: an 11-year follow-up studyJoseph Biederman
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, YAW 6A 6900, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:150-5. 2011..The main aim of this study was to evaluate predictors of persistence of ADHD in a large sample of boys with and without ADHD followed prospectively for 11 years into young adulthood...
- Large-scale brain systems in ADHD: beyond the prefrontal-striatal modelF Xavier Castellanos
Phyllis Green and Randolph Cowen Institute for Pediatric Neuroscience, Child Study Center, NYU Langone School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Trends Cogn Sci 16:17-26. 2012....
- Overweight in children and adolescents in relation to attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: results from a national sampleMolly E Waring
Department of Community Health, Brown Medical School, Box G S121, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Pediatrics 122:e1-6. 2008..The current study estimated the prevalence of overweight in children and adolescents in relation to attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and medication use...
- Advances in understanding and treating ADHDKevin M Antshel
State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
BMC Med 9:72. 2011....
- Prenatal smoking might not cause attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: evidence from a novel designAnita Thapar
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 66:722-7. 2009..It is, however, impossible to be certain of adequate control for confounding factors with observational designs. We use a novel "natural experiment" design that separates prenatal environmental from alternative inherited effects...
- Understanding the effects of stimulant medications on cognition in individuals with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a decade of progressJames Swanson
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:207-26. 2011..We will review some key findings from the recent literature, and then offer interpretations of the progress that has been made over the past decade in understanding the cognitive effects of stimulant medication on individuals with ADHD...
- Cognitive behaviour therapy in medication-treated adults with ADHD and persistent symptoms: a randomized controlled trialBrynjar Emilsson
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
BMC Psychiatry 11:116. 2011..The main aim of the current study was to evaluate a newly developed cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) based group programme, the Reasoning and Rehabilitation for ADHD Youths and Adults (R&R2ADHD), using a randomized controlled trial...
- Family-based genome-wide association scan of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderEric Mick
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street Warren 705, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:898-905.e3. 2010..We have conducted a third, independent, multisite GWAS of DSM-IV-TR ADHD...
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and behavioral inhibition: a meta-analytic review of the stop-signal paradigmR Matt Alderson
Department of Psychology, University of Central Florida, P O Box 161390, Orlando, FL 32816 1390, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:745-58. 2007..Several subject and task variables served as significant moderators for children's mean reaction time...
- Efficacy of neurofeedback treatment in ADHD: the effects on inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity: a meta-analysisMartijn Arns
Brainclinics Diagnostics, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin EEG Neurosci 40:180-9. 2009....
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and attention networksGeorge Bush
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:278-300. 2010..The review will conclude by suggesting possible avenues for future research...
- Structural brain change in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder identified by meta-analysisIan Ellison-Wright
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, Salisbury, UK
BMC Psychiatry 8:51. 2008..The authors sought to map gray matter changes in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) using a novel technique incorporating neuro-imaging and genetic meta-analysis methods...
- A common variant of the latrophilin 3 gene, LPHN3, confers susceptibility to ADHD and predicts effectiveness of stimulant medicationM Arcos-Burgos
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, 35 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:1053-66. 2010..Linkage and replicated association of ADHD with a novel non-candidate gene (LPHN3) provide new insights into the genetics, neurobiology, and treatment of ADHD...
- Symptom profiles in children with ADHD: effects of comorbidity and genderJ H Newcorn
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:137-46. 2001....
- Internal and external validity of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in a population-based sample of adultsJ J Sandra Kooij
Parnassia, Psycho medical Centre, Den Haag, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 35:817-27. 2005..Follow-up studies of childhood ADHD have shown persistence of the disorder into adulthood, but no epidemiological data are yet available...
- Clinical utility of EEG in attention deficit hyperactivity disorderSandra K Loo
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Appl Neuropsychol 12:64-76. 2005....
- Behavioral and neural consequences of prenatal exposure to nicotineM Ernst
Brain Imaging Center in the Neuroimaging Branch of the Intramural Research Program of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bethesda, MD 20892 0135, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:630-41. 2001..The relatively high rate of tobacco smoking among pregnant women (25% of all pregnancies in the U.S.) underlines the seriousness of these concerns...
- An integrative theory of attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder based on the cognitive and affective neurosciencesJoel T Nigg
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1116, USA
Dev Psychopathol 17:785-806. 2005..In turn, such decrement could lead to many of the phenotypic cognitive and neuropsychological features seen in children with ADHD...
- Clinical responses to atomoxetine in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: the Integrated Data Exploratory Analysis (IDEA) studyJeffrey H Newcorn
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:511-8. 2009..We conducted a retrospective analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to identify potential baseline (moderator) and on-treatment (mediator) predictors of responses...
- Meta-analysis: treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children with comorbid tic disordersMichael H Bloch
Yale Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:884-93. 2009..We sought to determine the relative efficacy of different medications in treating ADHD and tic symptoms in children with both Tourette's syndrome and ADHD...
- Adolescent clinical outcomes for young people with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorderKate Langley
Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Br J Psychiatry 196:235-40. 2010..Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is recognised as a common, disabling condition. Little information is available regarding the long-term outcomes for individuals with ADHD in the UK...
- Molecular genetics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorderStephen V Faraone
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210 2375, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 33:159-80. 2010....
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- Developmental Neuroendocrine Effects of PCBs and PBDEs: Parallels with ADHDRICHARD FIELD SEEGAL; Fiscal Year: 2010Genetic and endocrine factors are implicated in the etiology of attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity (ADHD)...
- Neonatal Biomarkers in Extremely Preterm Babies Predict Childhood Brain DisordersKarl Kuban; Fiscal Year: 2013..Elgan-2 will evaluate the relationship between early biomarkers (placental characteristics and blood proteins) and neurological, neurocognitive and neurobehavioral dysfunction and brain structural abnormalities at nine years. ..
- A New Statistical Paradigm for Measuring Psychopathology Dimensions in YouthRobert D Gibbons; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will then calibrate the item bank using a bifactor IRT model and then develop, test and validate CAT-based administration. ..
- Non-Genetic Transmission of Genetic Risk: Mechanism and Relevance to PsychiatricMiklos Toth; Fiscal Year: 2012..This opens up opportunities to develop unconventional therapeutic approaches that could increase the specificity of treatments and avoid side effects associated with current medications. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SELECTED GXE EFFECTS IN COMBINED TYPE ADHDAlexandre A Todorov; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- NEUROPSYCHOLOGY, BEHAVIOR DISORDER & DELINQUENCY RISKTerrie Moffitt; Fiscal Year: 1991..The longitudinal risk design of the PYS is well-suited to supporting these research goals...
- Bupropion in Adolescents with Comorbid ADHD & DepressionWILLIAM DAVISS; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DOPAMINE TRANSPORTER IMAGING WITH FLUORINE-18 PETJOHN NEUMEYER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The lead compound in this series (presently BRL-308) will be evaluated by PET imaging and pharmacokinetics, in non-human primates. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- DOPAMINE TRANSPORTER IMAGING WITH FLUORINE-18 PETJOHN NEUMEYER; Fiscal Year: 2000..There is a need for [18F] FP-CIT for PET imaging primarily for the research community. The availability of a kit for easy production of [18F] FP-CIT or related improved ligands will meet this need. ..
- AUDITORY TEMPORAL PROCESSING IN CHILDREN WITH DSYLEXIAJoshua Breier; Fiscal Year: 2000..This allows for a comparison of the two hypotheses. ..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PEER-BASED DIFFERENCES IN SUBGROUPS OF ADHD BOYSJ Hodgen; Fiscal Year: 1993..Children with attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity (ADD+H) have been described as more aggressive, disruptive, and impulsive, whereas children ..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- Substance Abuse in ADHD GirlsTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the research, approach, and goals of this R01 application are consistent with those underscored in the PA and by the Institute of Medicine as being of the highest research priority. ..
- LONG TERM DRUG ABUSE IN ADHDTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Biochemical pathways and biomarkers of alcohol injury in early human developmentGABRIELA CEZAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..Most importantly, the candidate clinical biomarkers discovered in this study may be contribute to prevention of FASD since they could be used in prenatal screening to identify pregnant women at risk and their affected offspring. ..
- PSYCHOMOTOR STIMULANTS AND STIMULUS CONTROLVICTOR LATIES; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Evaluation of Stimulant DrugsSharon Wigal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Within-subject PK variability in time-course of serum concentration for each medication will be analyzed, and the time-response characteristics also will be estimated based on PD measures for methylphenidate. ..
- Inhibition and Cognition in Adolescent and Adult ADHDJoel Nigg; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Predicting Positive Outcomes Among Peer-Rejected GirlsAMORI MIKAMI; Fiscal Year: 2002..The overall goal is to uncover mediators and moderators of psychopathology among peer-rejected children, towards the end of contributing to interventions for this group at risk for negative outcomes. ..
- Parental Influences on Peer Socialization Among Children with ADHDAMORI MIKAMI; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR COLLABORATIVE MOOD STABILZER TRAILRobert Findling; Fiscal Year: 2003..Lastly, this trial will provide descriptive information on the stability of acute phase response to monotherapy over a 16 week continuation phase. ..
- METHYLPHENIDATE TREATMENT OF ADHD IN CHILDREN WITH TSKenneth Gadow; Fiscal Year: 2004..To evaluate the impact of tic severity and comorbid internalizing and externalizing symptoms on clinical outcome, children with ADHD/+tics will be compared with an additional sample of children with ADHD/-tics at ages 11 and 16 years. ..
- Validating Novel Familial Phenotypes of Drug AbuseStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..State of the art statistical techniques will be employed. ..
- Analysis of an ADHD Whole Genome Association ScanStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..All genotype data generated by the GAIN whole genome association scan will be made available to the scientific community by GAIN as soon as the genotypes are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Multi-Center ADHD Genetics ProjectStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TESTING THE VALIDITY OF ADULT ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, if founded, we expect that the proposed work will lead to a program of research that can both clarify the nosological complexities of adult ADHD and clarify the nature of genes that are risk factors for the disorder. ..
- Response Variability in Children with ADHDJEFF EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, relations between response variability on neuropsychological tests and response variability in a variety of real-world analog situations will be examined to evaluate the ecological validity of these deficits. ..
- 2/5-The Psychiatric GWAS Consortium: Integrated & Coordinated GWAS Meta-AnalysesStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the PGC proposes to abide as fully as possible with the NIH's GWAS data sharing policies and we provide a detailed data sharing plan and timetable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Searching for ADHD Susceptibility GenesStephen V Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2010..That, in turn, should facilitate the search for newer, more effective treatments for the disorder. ..
- PROMOTING EVIDENCE-BASED ADHD TREATMENT IN THE COMMUNITYJEFF EPSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The study design will allow for between-groups and within-group comparisons of pediatricians' utilization of the infrastructure, pediatricians' practice behaviors, child outcomes, consumer satisfaction, and costs. ..
- AN ECOGENETIC STUDY OF ADHDStephen Faraone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, no studies have used an ecogenetic approach to sharpen the accuracy of risk prediction. ..
- Functional neuroanatomical deficits in ADHD familiesScott Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2004..Imaging will be performed at corresponding imaging sites at DUMC, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Stanford University respectively. ..
- ADHD Phenotype Network: Animal Model to Clinical TrialFloyd Sallee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CLONIDINE IN ADHDFloyd Sallee; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ADHD: Detection and Service UseRegina Bussing; Fiscal Year: 2008..The research team has an extensive track record of success with similar study designs and will use innovative technologies to adhere to an efficient management plan. ..
- Genetic Underpinnings of EEG Patterns in ADHDSandra Loo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Given the applicant's prior training, proposed mentorship, and outstanding resources, a K23 Award will enable her to become an independent and productive researcher in the genetics and developmental neuropsychology of ADHD. ..
- Genetics of EEG Patterns in ADHDSandra K Loo; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are thus able to collect EEG data at a very low cost in a well characterized sample of ADHD ASPs upon which linkage studies (and candidate gene association work) are readily available. ..
- Etiology of Reading Disabilities and Comorbid ADHDErik Willcutt; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Smoking reinforcement in adults with and without ADHDScott H Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will help identify some of the reasons why people with ADHD smoke more and will potentially lead to better prevention and treatment programs. ..
- CHILDHOOD STIMULANT EXPOSURE IMPACT ON LATER DRUG ABUSEFrancisco Castellanos; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Predicting Response to Atomoxetine and MethlyphenidateJeffrey Newcorn; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Dissection of Hyperactivity/Inattention in AutismFrancisco Xavier Castellanos; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, we will be able to better understand the types of brain mechanisms that are involved in hyperactivity and inattention in children with autism and then be able to use that information to guide targeted treatment studies. ..
- Neural Substrates of Variability in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHFrancisco Xavier Castellanos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Achieving such a level of detailed information about brain functioning in ADHD would have major impact on our ability to improve methods of diagnosing ADHD and of developing new treatments. ..
- Follow up of the PATS sampleScott Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4 is to determine the stability of the ADHD diagnosis and other comorbidities made for study entry at age 3-5 years across subsequent development [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MAINTENANCE TREATMENT FOR PREVENTION OF SMOKING RELAPSELirio Covey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Dopamine and ADHD: A Research Infrastructure NetworkJeffrey Newcorn; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, the post-doctoral students will be able to spend time in multiple laboratories, which will facilitate the transfer of key theoretical and technical expertise across sites. ..
- DSM-IV ADHD IN AN ETHNICALLY DIVERSE COMMUNITY SAMPLEErik Willcutt; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen, Stress and Dysfunction of Prefrontal CortexAmy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will begin to reveal how estrogen amplifies the neurochemical cascades that lead to activation of CREB and dysfunction of the PFC during stress ..
- Partners in Care for ChildrenBonnie Zima; Fiscal Year: 2006..b. to identify child, provider and system characteristics that are associated with clinical processes, appropriateness of care and outcomes. ..
- Validity of DSM-IV ADHD Subtypes in a Community SampleErik Willcutt; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Methylphenidate Abuse Potential in ADHD AdultsScott Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacological Treatment of ADHD in Young ChildrenChristopher Kratochvil; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GENETICS OF ADHDJosephine Elia; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dr. Douglas Levinson will provide mentoring in statistical methods and data analyses and Dr. Judith Rapoport will provide mentoring in defining novel phenotypic definitions for ADHD. ..
- COGNITIVE LOSS WITH AGE--ROLE OF CORTICAL CATECHOLAMINESAmy Arnsten; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Reinforcing Mechanisms of Smoking in Adult ADHDJEAN GEHRICKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Nicotine Dependence in ADHD AdultsScott Kollins; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data generated will also lead to subsequent clinical projects to develop more effective interventions for nicotine dependence in this high risk group. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enhancing School-Based Services for ADHD StudentsDESIREE MURRAY; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..