Summary: The medical science that deals with the origin, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental disorders in children.
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Integrating nursing care into systems of care for children with emotional and behavioral disordersMary E Evans
College of Nursing, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 19:62-8. 2006..Guided by a set of principles and values, these systems of care have organized and delivered services to children and families with complex needs. To date, nurses have not had a salient role in systems of care...
- The ESSENCE in child psychiatry: Early Symptomatic Syndromes Eliciting Neurodevelopmental Clinical ExaminationsChristopher Gillberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:1543-51. 2010..of symptoms across disorders (sometimes referred to as comorbidity) is the rule rather than the exception in child psychiatry and developmental medicine...
- Child psychiatry takes to the streets: a developmental partnership between a university institute and children and adolescents from the streets of Sao Paulo, BrazilSandra Scivoletto
Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo USP, R Ovídio Campos Pires Campos, 785, Sao Paulo, CEP 05403 010, Brazil
Child Abuse Negl 35:89-95. 2011....
- Facial emotion recognition in child psychiatry: a systematic reviewLisa Collin
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, United Kingdom
Res Dev Disabil 34:1505-20. 2013..Scope for further research has been identified...
- Medical students' perceptions of child psychiatry: pre- and post-psychiatry clerkshipVicki L Martin
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:362-7. 2005..The present study examined student perceptions of CAP and general psychiatry, and whether these perceptions changed during the psychiatry clerkship...
- Use of pharmacotherapy for insomnia in child psychiatry practice: A national surveyJudith A Owens
Brown Medical School, Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy St, Potter Bldg, Suite 200 Providence, RI 02903, USA
Sleep Med 11:692-700. 2010..To examine clinical practice patterns regarding non-prescription and prescription medication use for insomnia by child and adolescent psychiatrists...
- Do child psychiatrists in Germany diagnose bipolar disorders in children and adolescents? Results from a surveyThomas D Meyer
University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Bipolar Disord 6:426-31. 2004..We also asked how often typical manic symptoms (e.g. elated mood) are actually seen in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) patients...
- Using the science fiction film invaders from Mars in a child psychiatry seminarStephen A Zerby
Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:316-21. 2005....
- Child psychiatryLorie Hamiwka
Division of Child Neurology, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Epilepsy Behav 22:38-46. 2011....
- Child psychiatry curricula in undergraduate medical educationMichael Gifford Sawyer
University of Adelaide and the Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:139-47. 2008....
- Consensus report on impulsive aggression as a symptom across diagnostic categories in child psychiatry: implications for medication studiesPeter S Jensen
Center for the Advancement of Children s Mental Health, Columbia University NYSPI 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 78, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:309-22. 2007..If so, how should IA be assessed, pharmacological studies designed, and ethical issues addressed?..
- Improving access to mental health care for children: the Massachusetts Child Psychiatry Access ProjectBarry Sarvet
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Baystate Medical Center, 3300 Main St, 4th Floor, Springfield, MA 01199, USA
Pediatrics 126:1191-200. 2010..The Massachusetts Child Psychiatry Access Project (MCPAP), publicly funded with 6 regional consultation teams, provides Massachusetts PCCs with ..
- Targeted child psychiatric services: a new model of pediatric primary clinician--child psychiatry collaborative careDaniel F Connor
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:423-34. 2006..Because child psychiatry services are frequently unavailable, primary care clinicians are frequently left managing these children ..
- Medical students' interest in child psychiatry: a clerkship interventionVicki L Martin
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:225-7. 2007..The authors examine the efficacy of a brief presentation to enhance clerkship student interest in child and adolescent psychiatry as a career choice...
- Fostering ecologic perspectives in child psychiatryMichael G Storck
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Washington School of Medicine, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:133-63, ix-x. 2007..Training tools and strategies are offered for building insightful, respectful and convivial co-investigator partnerships with patients and their families...
- Early-onset schizophrenia as a progressive-deteriorating developmental disorder: evidence from child psychiatryH Remschmidt
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Philipps University, Marburg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Neural Transm 109:101-17. 2002..Brain morphological studies and intelligence testing as well as investigations of the course provide evidence of deterioration. Therefore, early-onset schizophrenia can be understood as a progressive-deteriorating developmental disorder...
- Children's mental health services neglected: KirbyLaura Eggertson
CMAJ 173:471. 2005
- [Basic documentation in child and adolescent psychiatry: first evaluations and experiences]Michele Noterdaeme
Heckscher Klinik, Abteilung Solln, Wolfratshauser Strasse 350, 81479 München
Psychiatr Prax 30:S169-72. 2003..A regular and detailed comparative analysis of the data will be developed as a measure of quality. The results of these analyses will be discussed in the 3 clinics and implemented in the daily routines...
- [Parent assessment of outpatient child and adolescent mental health services]Øyvind Andresen Bjertnaes
Nasjonalt kunnskapssenter for helsetjenesten, Postboks 7004 St Olavs plass, 0130 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:1041-5. 2008..This national survey included a validated questionnaire that assessed three aspects of care from a parental perspective...
- Two-year trends in the use of seclusion and restraint among psychiatrically hospitalized youthsAbigail Donovan
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:987-93. 2003....
- Why we need child and adolescent psychiatryAaron W Calhoun
Pediatr Ann 32:424-5. 2003
- Psychiatric assessment of children and families in immigration detention--clinical, administrative and ethical issuesSarah Mares
New South Wales Institute of Psychiatry
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:520-6. 2004....
- Innovations: Child & adolescent psychiatry: "Sweet are the uses of adversity": a transition program for children discharged from an inpatient unitMartin Drell
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:31-3. 2006..Data on the program, including clinical functioning data, improvement and severity ratings, data on recidivism, aftercare compliance ratings, and satisfaction surveys, have demonstrated that the program had a positive impact...
- The loss of federal support for multisite demonstrationsSteven S Sharfstein
Psychiatr Serv 56:1185. 2005
- Child and adolescent psychiatry training in the 21st centuryAdele L Martel
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Living Hartford Hospital, Hartford, USA
Conn Med 69:547-51. 2005..A challenge to training programs is to prepare graduates who are competent to provide critical mental health care to our youth and their families in the 21st century, while preserving the unique qualities of our profession...
- Psychoactive drug prescribing by Dutch child and adolescent psychiatristsJacqueline G Hugtenburg
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 94:1484-7. 2005..To gain more insight into the prescribing of psychoactive drugs by Dutch child psychiatrists...
- Dependency scoring for child and adolescent inpatient mental health servicesPeter Hodgkinson
Birmingham Children s Hospital NHS Trust
Paediatr Nurs 17:18-21. 2005..Initial piloting demonstrated face and concurrent validity; next steps include exploring issues of item ambiguity and weighting...
- Child & adolescent psychiatry: the "clock-setting" cure: how children's symptoms might improve after ineffective treatmentWarren Lambert
Center for Mental Health Policy, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37212, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:381-2. 2004
- Trends and shifting ecologies: Part IIAndres J Pumariega
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Box 70567, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 12:779-93. 2003..Funding priorities in mental health systems also should shift significantly to support community-based crisis services over more restrictive approaches that have a less solid evidence base...
- Changes in referrals to child and adolescent psychiatric services in Norway 1992--2001Bjørn Reigstad
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 8000 Bodø, Norway
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:818-27. 2004..The study analyzes changes in types of problems referred to child and adolescent psychiatry in Norway from 1992 to 2001, and investigates if referral practices and media attention account for these changes...
- Child & adolescent psychiatry: An adolescent crisis service in a rural areaPaulette Marie Gillig
Wright State University, P O Box 927, Dayton, Ohio 45401, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:1363-5. 2004
- Theories related to changing clinician practiceManuel Riemer
Department of Psychology and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, 1818 South Ave Drive, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:241-54, viii. 2005..Finally, the authors show how their microlevel theory relates to other prominent, more macrolevel-oriented theories of clinician practice change...
- Global assessment of psychosocial functioning in child and adolescent psychiatry. A review of three unidimensional scales (CGAS, GAF, GAPD)Bjørg Elisabeth Haugen Schorre
Outpatient Clinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Bogerud, BUP Bogerud, Postbox 23 Bogerud, 0621 Oslo, Norway
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:273-86. 2004..searches in PubMed and PsycInfo (1977-2003), and screening of Scandinavian and English textbooks on child psychiatry. The three scales differ in theoretical guidelines, descriptions of codes/anchor points and psychometric ..
- Psychosocial issues in a child and adolescent psychiatric clinic population in NigeriaO Olayinka Omigbodun
Department of Psychiatry, University College Hospital, P M B 5116, Ibadan, Nigeria
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:667-72. 2004..Psychosocial problems in a child and adolescent psychiatric clinic population in Nigeria were documented as a preliminary step towards the planning and development of this new facility...
- Measuring provider attitudes toward evidence-based practice: consideration of organizational context and individual differencesGregory A Aarons
Child and Adolescent Services Research Center, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5033, San Diego, CA 92123 4282, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:255-71, viii. 2005..Attitudes toward adoption of EBP are discussed in regard to provider individual differences and the context of mental health services. Finally, potential applications of attitude research to adoption of EBP are discussed...
- Using and teaching evidence-based medicine: the Duke University child and adolescent psychiatry modelJohn S March
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke Child and Family Study Center, Duke University Medical Center, 718 Rutherford Street DUMC 3527, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:273-96, viii-ix. 2005....
- Quality of publicly-funded outpatient specialty mental health care for common childhood psychiatric disorders in CaliforniaBonnie T Zima
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:130-44. 2005....
- Promoting the implementation of practices that are supported by research: the National Implementing Evidence-Based Practice ProjectWilliam C Torrey
West Central Behavioral Health, Dartmouth Hitchcock, 2 Whipple Place, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 14:297-306, ix. 2005..This article describes the project and provides some early reflections on the implementation experience...
- Effect of Medicaid eligibility category on racial disparities in the use of psychotropic medications among youthsJulie Magno Zito
University of Maryland, Baltimore, 515 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:157-63. 2005..This study sought to determine the degree to which Medicaid eligibility categories modify disparities between black and white youths in the prevalence of psychotropic medication...
- Sala de Psiquiatria de Ninos y Adolescentes (Hall of Psychiatry for Children and Adolescents)Edilma Lynch Yearwood
Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies, Washington, DC, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 17:180. 2004
- Child and adolescent psychiatry workforce: a critical shortage and national challengeWun Jung Kim
Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:277-82. 2003..This article stems from the work of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Task Force on Work Force Needs, which led to its 10-year recruitment initiative...
- Teleconferencing model for forensic consultation, court testimony, and continuing educationThomas W Miller
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40509 1810, USA
Behav Sci Law 26:301-13. 2008..Finally, changing patterns are addressed in clinically based health-care delivery for criminal justice, social services, and forensic mental health...
- Child and adolescent inpatient restraint reduction: a state initiative to promote strength-based careJanice LeBel
Massachusetts Department of Mental Health, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:37-45. 2004..To reduce the use of restraint and seclusion with children and adolescents in psychiatric inpatient units by promoting a preventive, strength-based model of care...
- Characteristics and staff resources of child and adolescent psychiatric hospital wards in FinlandH Ellila
Turku Polytechnic, Social and Health Care, Finland
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 12:209-14. 2005..However, in many units there was a lack of psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists. General recommendations and guidelines for staff resources in child and adolescent hospital treatment wards are warranted...
- Growing wealth and growing pains: child and adolescent psychiatry in Hong Kong, Malaysia and SingaporeSusan Tan
Department of Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Australas Psychiatry 16:204-9. 2008..Several Asian regions have undergone a dramatic transformation, some becoming very affluent. This paper aims to ascertain how countries that are becoming wealthy have dealt with child and adolescent mental health issues...
- Child and adolescent psychiatry. A state administrator's viewMark Schaefer
Connecticut Department of Social Services, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 11:131-44, vii. 2002..The author offers recommendations for states that are considering additional reforms...
- The continuing shortage of child and adolescent psychiatristsChristopher R Thomas
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 77555 0193, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1023-31. 2006..The national shortage of child and adolescent psychiatrists has prompted efforts to improve recruitment. It is uncertain whether these efforts will be sufficient to address this shortage and its impact on youth mental health services...
- The child & adolescent mental health crisis: closing the service gapBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Arizona State University College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation, USA
Imprint 54:58-63. 2007
- Building on practice-based evidence: using expert perspectives to define the wraparound processJanet S Walker
Portland State University, Regional Research Institute, P O Box 751, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1579-85. 2006..In this report, the authors describe the results of an effort to better define the wraparound process for children and adolescents with serious emotional and behavioral problems...
- Overview of training in the twenty-first centurySandra B Sexson
Division of Child, Adolescent and Family Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, 1515 Pope Avenue, Augusta, GA 30912 3800, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:1-16, vii. 2007..The article concludes with a perspective that focuses efforts in training more on basic core competencies rather than the rapidly expanding and changing medical knowledge and specific clinical interventions relevant to the field...
- From too little too late to early and often: child psychiatry education during medical school (and before and after)Andres Martin
Yale Child Study Center, 230 South Frontage Road, New Haven, CT 06520 7900, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:17-43, vii-viii. 2007..We view our different programs as seamlessly interconnected with one another but present them as separate entities to facilitate the incorporation of different components into local realities...
- Teaching development in undergraduate and graduate medical educationGeri Fox
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Juvenile Research, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:67-94, viii-ix. 2007..The challenges of teaching development to various groups of trainees with different required course lengths and expected levels of competency, using lifespan and topical approaches, are reviewed...
- Developing a psychopathology curriculum during child and adolescent psychiatry residency training: general principles and a problem-based approachCynthia W Santos
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 1300 Moursund Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:95-110, ix. 2007..This article describes an overall approach to curriculum design and expands on the use of problem-based learning as an educational method for teaching psychopathology in a child and adolescent psychiatry residency program...
- The case formulation in child and adolescent psychiatryNancy C Winters
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:111-32, ix. 2007..Several specialized types of psychotherapy formulation are reviewed in more detail. The article concludes with a case example of a child psychiatry resident's case formulation before and after discussion in supervision.
- Teaching evidence-based psychotherapiesMargo Thienemann
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5719, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:183-206, x. 2007..The article addressed the need for supervising psychiatrists to keep abreast of developments in teaching methods so that we can best train competent, curious, and compassionate child psychiatrists...
- The impending and perhaps inevitable collapse of psychodynamic psychotherapy as performed by psychiatristsMartin J Drell
Department of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychiatry, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 2020 Gravier, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:207-24, x-xi. 2007..The article also outlines societal factors that contribute to this situation and societal responses that might be taken to counteract a decline in the practice of psychodynamic psychotherapy by psychiatrists...
- CompetenciesArden D Dingle
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, 1256 Briarcliff Road, 317 South, Atlanta, GA 30306, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:225-47, xi. 2007..Strategies for developing and implementing the core competencies into child and adolescent psychiatry training are discussed...
- A stitch in time saves nine: intervention strategies for the remediation of competencyDorothy Stubbe
Yale University Child Study Center, Yale New Haven Hospital Children s Psychiatric Inpatient Service, 230 South Frontage Road, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:249-64, xi. 2007..As medicine becomes more complex, so does the task of training physicians. Joint monitoring and outcomes research of the training enterprise are the scholarly and academic missions of the present and the future...
- The EU-regulation on medicinal products for paediatric use: impacts on child and adolescent psychiatry and clinical research with minorsMichael Kölch
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 16:229-35. 2007..The Regulation will bring essential changes to the policy of research with minors, to funding and to regulations of drug development in Europe...
- A pragmatic approach to teaching psychiatry residents the assessment and treatment of religious patientsDavid M Blass
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, 15 Keren Kayemet Street, Bat Yam, Israel, 59436
Acad Psychiatry 31:25-31. 2007..The authors describe a pragmatic and atheoretical frameword for teaching psychiatry residents how to assess and treat religious patients...
- Development and organization of child and adolescent mental health servicesJane Davies
Nursing Studies, Wales College of Medicine, Biology, Life and Health Sciences
Br J Nurs 15:604-10. 2006..Nevertheless, these views are of value in relation to the development of service provision...
- [Satisfied parents and everything is fine?]Berit Grøholt
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 128:1040. 2008
- The administration of residency training programsEugene V Beresin
Massachusetts General Hospital, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 11:67-89, vi. 2002..This article provides an overview of the requirements for successfully achieving these complex goals and objectives...
- Ethics educationArden D Dingle
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, 1256 Briarcliff Road 317 South, Atlanta, GA 30306, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:187-207, xi. 2008..Methods of teaching and assessment are described for medical students, residents, and practitioners within the core competency framework of medical education. Key areas of content for child and adolescent psychiatrists are described...
- Commentary: confessions of a prescription writerLee Combrinck-Graham
Child Guidance Clinic of Greater Waterbury, 173 Weed Ave, Stamford, CT 06902, USA
J Marital Fam Ther 28:47-50. 2002
- [Child and adolescent psychiatry: a profession and its identity II]F Verheij
Tijdschr Psychiatr 49:429-38. 2007..This development fundamentally changed the child psychiatrist's profession and its identity...
- [General practitioner and mental diseases among children and adolescents]Marit Hafting
Regionsenter for barn og unges psykiske helse, Helseregion Vest, Postboks 7800, 5020 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:299-301. 2006..Child and adolescent psychiatry in primary health care is scarcely investigated. The purpose of this article is to describe some aspects of the role of the general practitioner in the care of young patients with psychiatric problems...
- Medication prescribing practices in a child and adolescent psychiatry outpatient clinicS Aras
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Child Care Health Dev 33:482-90. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the medication prescribing practices for children who had attended a child and adolescent psychiatry outpatient clinic in Turkey...
- Focus on Childhood and Adolescent Mental HealthMelissa P DelBello
J Clin Psychiatry 67:5-6. 2006
- Assessing the implementation and effects of a trauma-focused intervention for youths in residential treatmentJeanne C Rivard
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY 10025, USA
Psychiatr Q 74:137-54. 2003....
- Mental health and psychiatry training in primary care residency programs. Part II. What skills and diagnoses are taught, how adequate, and what affects training directors' satisfaction?Hoyle Leigh
Department of Psychiatry, Fresno Medical Education Program, University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, CA 93702, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:195-204. 2006....
- Symptoms of sleep disorders, inattention, and hyperactivity in childrenR D Chervin
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Sleep 20:1185-92. 1997..We surveyed parents of 2-18-year-old patients at a child psychiatry clinic (n = 70) and a general pediatrics clinic (n = 73) to assess the children's behavior, snoring, ..
- Juvenile justice mental health servicesChristopher R Thomas
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0193, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 11:731-48. 2002As the second century of partnership begins, child psychiatry and juvenile justice face continuing challenges in meeting the mental health needs of delinquents...
- Community factors supporting child mental HealthF Earls
Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 10:693-709. 2001..During the same era when child psychiatry is largely occupied with placing psychotropic medications at the center of clinical approaches, there is an ..
- A cross-sectional evaluation of the effect of risperidone and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on bone mineral density in boysChadi A Calarge
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Psychiatry Research, 2 209 MEB, 500 Newton Rd, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:338-47. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of risperidone-induced hyperprolactinemia on trabecular bone mineral density (BMD) in children and adolescents...
- Child psychiatry practice patterns in OntarioM M Steele
Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario, London
Can J Psychiatry 44:788-92. 1999..To examine the demographics, training, distribution, venues of practice, remuneration patterns, and professional affiliations of child psychiatrists in Ontario...
- The presentation of anxiety in children with pervasive developmental disordersDeborah M Weisbrot
Divisions of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University Hospital at Stony Brook, NY 11974, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:477-96. 2005..Because co-occurring psychiatric symptoms have important clinical implications, this study examined anxiety and psychotic symptoms in children with and without PDD...
- Cost savings of telemedicine utilization for child psychiatry in a rural Kansas communityRyan Spaulding
Center for Telemedicine and Telehealth, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Telemed J E Health 16:867-71. 2010..99. This study was conducted over 6 months with a small number of observations; it should be replicated over a longer study period, with more patients, and with more data that might capture marginal costs of services...
- The child and adolescent psychiatry trials network (CAPTN): infrastructure development and lessons learnedMark Shapiro
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 3:12. 2009..structures for network organization and governance; recruiting over 150 active CAPTN participants and 15 child psychiatry training programs; developing and implementing procedures for site contracts, regulatory compliance, ..
- Clinical differences in daytime wetting subtypes: urge incontinence and postponed voidingSissy Kuhn
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Urol 182:1967-72. 2009..Urge incontinence and voiding postponement are common subtypes of daytime wetting in children. We analyzed clinical and behavioral differences in children with urge incontinence, voiding postponement and healthy controls at 2 centers...
- [Development of child mental health services in Lithuania: achievements and obstacles]Dainius Puras
VU Socialines pediatrijos ir vaiku psichiatrijos klinika, Vytauo 15, 2004 Vilnius
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:363-9. 2002..period between 1990 and 1995 a new model of services was developed in the Department of Social pediatrics and child psychiatry of Vilnius University...
- A prospective satisfaction study and cost analysis of a pilot child telepsychiatry service in NewfoundlandD R Elford
Digital Telehealth Incorporated, 2435 31 St SW, Calgary, Alberta T3E 2N6, Canada
J Telemed Telecare 7:73-81. 2001We evaluated user satisfaction with a PC-based videoconferencing system used for child psychiatry assessments and performed a cost analysis...
- Perspectives of eating disorders from the Charité Hospital in BerlinKlaus Jürgen Neumärker
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charité Principal Teaching Hospital of the Humboldt University Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 12:I4-19. 2003..the Psychiatric and Neurological University Clinic of the Charité Hospital in Berlin and being devoted to child psychiatry and psychology, the issue of eating disorders has been pursued at the Charité throughout the vicissitudes of ..
- Factors affecting recruitment into child and adolescent psychiatry trainingJon A Shaw
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine D29, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Acad Psychiatry 34:183-9. 2010..The authors studied the factors affecting the recruitment into child and adolescent psychiatry training in the United States...
- [Biopsychosocial variables associated with gender of rearing in children with male pseudohermaphroditism]Runa Uslu
Cocuk Ruh Sağliği ve Hastaliklari, Ankara U Tip Fak, Ankara
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 18:100-8. 2007..The present study aimed to address this issue by investigating the factors that may be associated with sex of rearing in children with male pseudohermaphroditism...
- Psychoanalysis, a bridge between attachment research and neurobiologyMario Rendon
American Institute for Psychoanalysis, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA
Am J Psychoanal 68:148-55. 2008Attachment theory and neurobiology are at the forefront of scientific research, particularly in the area of child psychiatry. Several authors have encountered a surprising isomorphism between findings in these areas and concepts central ..
- HIV infection, sexual abuse and social support in Jamaican adolescents referred to a psychiatric serviceG A Lowe
Department of Community Health and Psychiatry, The University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica
West Indian Med J 57:307-11. 2008..We explored whether HIV infection acquired through sexual abuse led to particularly negative psychiatric outcomes and whether good social support is a protective factor in the development of undesirable psychiatric sequelae...
- Efficacy of brief dynamic psychotherapy for children with emotional disordersFilippo Muratori
IRCCS Stella Maris, University of Pisa, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 71:28-38. 2002b>Child psychiatry has enjoyed a long tradition of using brief psychotherapy with children, but research on its efficacy and effectiveness in the setting of routine clinical care is remarkably sparse; the aim of this study was to evaluate ..
- Profile of child and adolescent psychiatry in OmanMarwan M Al-Sharbati
Department of Behavioral Medicine, College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khoud, PO Box 35, Postal Code 123, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 24:391-5. 2003..To find the common behavioral problems in youth, their co-morbidity, treatment, and other variables in Oman...
- [Psychiatric morbidity associated to enuresis in children]F Díaz-Atienza
Unidad de Salud Mental Infanto Juvenil, Hospital General de Especialidades, Jaen, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 27:384-9. 1999..The objective of the study was to know the clinical and epidemiological features, including associated psychiatric morbidity, of the children seeking help for enuresis in a public child and adolescent mental health unit...
- Structural magnetic resonance imaging of the adolescent brainJay N Giedd
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Room 4C110, 10 Center Dr MSC 1367, Bethesda, MD 20892 1367, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1021:77-85. 2004..Results from an ongoing brain imaging project being conducted at the Child Psychiatry Branch of the National Institute of Mental Health indicate dynamic changes in brain anatomy throughout ..
- Assessing outcomes in child psychiatryJoseph Gold
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:210-6. 2009..To report on the first year of a program using standardized rating scales within a large, multisite mental health system of care for children and to assess the validity, reliability, and feasibility of these scales...
- [Taking care of teenagers hospitalized after a suicidal gesture or a suicidal threat]N de Kernier
Service de Pédopsychiatrie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 17:435-41. 2010..teenagers hospitalized after a suicide attempt or a suicidal threat by the pediatric teams and by the team of child psychiatry, having links with each department, is essential in the Necker - Enfants Malades hospital in Paris...
- Evidence-based treatments in child and adolescent psychiatry: an inventoryJon M McClellan
Child Psychiatry, 6F 1, Children s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way, N E, Seattle, WA 98125, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:1388-400. 2003To provide a list of evidence-based psychopharmacology and psychotherapy treatments for child psychiatry.
- Hypersomnia in children: interface with psychiatric disordersSuresh Kotagal
Department of Neurology, Division of Child Neurology, The Center for Sleep Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:967-77. 2009Patients being evaluated in child psychiatry clinics for behavior and mood disturbances frequently exhibit daytime sleepiness...
- Coping mechanisms of parents of children recently diagnosed with autism in Taiwan: a qualitative studyChing Rong Lin
School of Nursing, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 17:2733-40. 2008..To understand the coping mechanisms of Taiwanese parents whose children have recently been diagnosed with autism...
- Studies in temperament: a paradigm in psychosocial researchS Chess
New York University Medical Center, New York
Yale J Biol Med 63:313-24. 1990Today the prevailing view in child psychiatry is the biopsychosocial model of child development, but this was not always the case...
- Prevalence of treated autism spectrum disorders in ArubaIngrid D C van Balkom
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic, Oranjestad, Aruba
J Neurodev Disord 1:197-204. 2009..from children treated at the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic of Aruba, the first and only child psychiatry service on the island. In these 10 birth years we found a prevalence for autistic disorder (AD) of 1...
- The integration of child psychiatry into a psychiatry clerkship OSCEM Hanson
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 43:614-8. 1998To integrate child psychiatry into a psychiatry clerkship OBJECTIVE Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- Trauma exposure among children with oppositional defiant disorder and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorderJ D Ford
Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington 06032, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 67:786-9. 1999Consecutive admissions to an outpatient child psychiatry clinic diagnosed with oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), or adjustment disorder were assessed for trauma exposure by a structured ..
- Comorbidity in attention deficit-hyperactivity disorderTakashi Ishii
Central Hospital Aichi Prefectural Colony, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 57:457-63. 2003..criteria for ADHD (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn) under treatment at a child psychiatry clinic (IQ > 50, mental age >or= 4 years old)...
- Measurement of Cardiometabolic Risk in Antipsychotic-Treated ChildrenGINGER ELLEN NICOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..specialized combined expertise that will emerge from the planned activities will be unique in the field of child psychiatry and will provide a resource for needed research in this high-priority, underserved topic area for decades to ..
- Basic and Translational Research Training on Traumatic Stress Across the LifespanDEAN GAINES KILPATRICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..or clinical science spanning behavioral genetics, neurobiology, neuroimaging, developmental psychopathology, child psychiatry, substance abuse, health services research, epidemiology and HIV prevention...
- Mental Health/Disabilities(MHDD)Research Education ProgramKerim M Munir; Fiscal Year: 2011..NIMH Academic Year Fellowships for advanced research degree candidates or for research-oriented psychiatry/child psychiatry residents and other mental health clinician-trainees during "bridge" years to enhance MH/DD research (n=3;12-..
- Autism: neuropeptide hormones and potential pathway genesSuma Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2012..The candidate has had structured child psychiatry training and will now expand on her research skills through a unique integration of clinical and basic ..
- Research Training for Medical Students &Physician-Scientists in Child PsychiatryANDRES S MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Adoption of Innovations for Mental Health Care in Pediatric Primary CareJeanne M Van Cleave; Fiscal Year: 2013..One innovation is the Massachusetts Child Psychiatry Access Program, a state-funded telephone consult program whereby pediatricians obtain phone consults from ..
- Quantitative MRI of Microstructure and Iron Homeostasis in ADHD BrainJoseph A Helpern; Fiscal Year: 2010Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder is the most studied condition in child psychiatry, reflecting its high prevalence and significant lifelong impairment...
- Developmental Neuroscience and Child PsychopathologyJoan L Luby; Fiscal Year: 2013..The division of Child Psychiatry at Washington University School of Medicine is well poised to launch this novel post-doctoral fellowship ..
- Characterizing mechanistic heterogeneity across ADHD and AutismDamien A Fair; Fiscal Year: 2013..The two earlies onsets, most common and costly developmental disorders in child psychiatry are attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)...
- Training Investigators in Neuroimaging and Neuropsychiatry of Movement DisordersKevin J Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..develop a coordinated research program on TS in collaboration with colleagues from child neurology and child psychiatry. The PI has mentored over 40 young trainees over the years, many of them for brief summer or semester stints, ..
- Using multiple datasets to examine youth psychiatric diagnosisJ Blake Turner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, and especially important to child psychiatry, there is relatively little information available about developmental differences in the expression and ..
- Genetic Dissection of Restricted Repetitive Behavior (RRB)Soo Jeong Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..The candidate has had structured clinical training in psychiatry/child psychiatry and research training with Dr...
- Neural Mechanisms for Early Development of Pervasive Anger and IrritabilitySusan B Perlman; Fiscal Year: 2013..young children, but lacks the clinical skill set necessary to become an independent scientist in the field of child psychiatry. Therefore, the proposed training plan is aimed at acquiring the relevant clinical skill set necessary to ..
- Brain Networks Modulating Affect Self-Regulation in Pediatric ManiaMani N Pavuluri; Fiscal Year: 2013..researchers, caring for patients and providing consultation to physicians and health care leaders in Child Psychiatry. She is committed to continuing her work in the area of patient-oriented research, mentoring, leadership and ..
- Placebo Vs. Extended Release Stimulant Crossover Trial in Preschoolers with ADHDJohn Fanton; Fiscal Year: 2009..will be instrumental to this applicant's eventual goals of becoming an independent, successful, clinical child psychiatry researcher...
- CLINICAL RESEARCH TRAINING IN CHILD PSYCHIATRYDavid A Brent; Fiscal Year: 2013..from the training faculty on a project leading to a publishable product in order to stimulate interest in child psychiatry research...
- The Functional Anatomy of Adolescent ADHD: Defining Markers of RecoveryKaterina Velanova; Fiscal Year: 2012..collaboration using her background in neuroimaging and cognitive psychology to enable translational research linking basic neuroscience with child psychiatry, neurology, neuropsychology, child development and functional status.
- Training Medical Students to Become Child PsychiatristsRandal G Ross; Fiscal Year: 2011..National Jewish Medical Center, and Denver Childrens Hospital---to train medical students with the skills to be child psychiatry researchers. This program would help abate the national shortage of skilled child psychiatry researchers.
- Next generation risk variant discovery in a highly penetrant OCD subtypeErika L Nurmi; Fiscal Year: 2013..While the principle investigator has a strong background in child psychiatry and molecular genetics, the knowledge and skills required to master emerging genetic technologies such as ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN CHILDHOOD NEUROPSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSJames F Leckman; Fiscal Year: 2013..training: (1) a mentor-based research training that brings together established, NIH-funded, investigators in child psychiatry, child psychology, neuropsychology, pediatrics, epidemiology, genetics, molecular and developmental ..
- Etiologies of Stimulant Misuse in College StudentsTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2013..Investigator Award in Patient-Oriented Research (K24) in response to PA-08-151 focused in the areas of Child Psychiatry/Pediatric Psychopharmacology and the Addictive Disorders...
- fMRI study of developing medial prefrontal cortical function in pediatric OCDKate Dimond Fitzgerald; Fiscal Year: 2012..relevant to pediatric OCD, the Candidate has begun work in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and child psychiatry. Addressing the need for additional skill acquisition, a 5-year career development plan will provide an ..
- Mentoring in Substance Abuse Treatment ResearchShelly F Greenfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..in developing a substance abuse patient-oriented research career including Harvard Medical School adult and child psychiatry residents, research fellows, and junior faculty of both clinical and non-clinical departments;Aim 3: The ..
- Family-Based Protocol for Medication Integration in Treatment of Comorbid ASU/ADHAaron Hogue; Fiscal Year: 2012..provides family therapy as the routine standard of care for outpatient behavioral health and offers on-site child psychiatry services...
- MOLECULAR APPROACHES TO CHILDHOOD PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSMatthew State; Fiscal Year: 2006This application presents a career development award proposal spanning the fields of child psychiatry, molecular cytogenetics and molecular genetics...
- A Randomized Exploratory Study of Telepsychiatry Outcomes in Rural YouthNANCY CLAIRE WINTERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..which is needed to justify large scale investment in telepsychiatry as a means of improving rural youths'access to specialty child psychiatry services. The proposed subsequent multi-state study has been described in greater detail.
- Treatment of Psychotic Disorders in YouthLinmarie Sikich; Fiscal Year: 2006..plan includes 1) didactic courses in the design and analysis of clinical trials, 2) tutorials with experts in child psychiatry clinical trials, in the analysis and regulatory implications of clinical trials, and in childhood ..
- Enhancing Mental Health Services to Children with AutismThomas Nesbitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..education and adult learning, public relations and marketing, political science, medical ethics and law, child psychiatry, child psychology, communication sciences and technology, and autism treatment...
- PREVENTING HOSPITALIZATION FOR ANOREXIA NERVOSAJames Lock; Fiscal Year: 2002..The candidate s major goal is to develop his research capacities in clinical child psychiatry with a focus on the populations treated in a clinical pediatric psychiatry program...
- HYPERKINETIC BOYS AND THEIR SIBLINGS AS YOUNG ADULTSJan Loney; Fiscal Year: 1991..All patients were originally referred at ages 4 to 12 to the University of Iowa child psychiatry outpatient clinic...
- RESEARCH TRAINING FOR CHILD PSYCHIATRY AND DEVELOPMENTAllan L Reiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..Allan L. Reiss: T32MH19908, Research Training for Child Psychiatry and Development...
- INDIAN/NATIVE ADOLSCENT SUICIDE RESEARCH CONFERENCESpero Manson; Fiscal Year: 1990..The American Indian Child Committee of the American Academy of Child Psychiatry and the Indian Health Service's Office of Mental Health Programs will join the NCAIANMHR as cosponsors of ..
- 5th International Scientific Symposium on Tourette SyndromeKevin Black; Fiscal Year: 2009..appropriate for this disorder) collectively represent basic science, child neurology (movement disorders) and child psychiatry. Convening the 5th Symposium in 2009 is both timely and important...
- NIMH CHILD & ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH FACULTY AWARDKerim Munir; Fiscal Year: 1991..The nominee, with residency training in psychiatry and child psychiatry at Massachusetts General and McLean Hospitals and postresidency training in clinical psychopharmacology has a ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY RESEARCH TRAINING IN CHILD PSYCHIATRYGAIL EDELSOHN; Fiscal Year: 1991..in child and adolescent mental health, to assume a leadership role in the teaching of research to trainees in child psychiatry, and to develop experience as a consultation resource within the Division of Child Psychiatry...
- A Knowledge Environment for Neuroimaging in Child PsychiatryDAVID NELSON KENNEDY; Fiscal Year: 2013..research plan that highlights the utility of these combined data resources to solve specific problems in the child psychiatry domain...
- RUPP-PI in New York CityLaurence Greenhill; Fiscal Year: 2006..Resources to support this program of research and training include T32 postdoctoral training grants in child psychiatry research, an Intervention Research Center on child psychiatric disorders, and a RUPP devoted to treatment of ..
- MENTAL DISORDERS IN PEDIATRIC CARE SETTINGSEmily Harris; Fiscal Year: 1991..during the formation of a research program in pediatric mental health services and consultation- liaison child psychiatry. A major component of my research training will be the supervised implementation of research focused on the ..
- A Pharmacogenetic Study of Escitalopram in AutismThomas Owley; Fiscal Year: 2006..candidate, an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Chicago, completed a child psychiatry fellowship at the University of Chicago, and has been trained in the assessment and pharmacological treatment ..
- Molecular genetics of executive function in dyslexiaZoran Brkanac; Fiscal Year: 2009..The candidate has completed clinical training in psychiatry and child psychiatry, and has prior research experience in molecular genetics of simple Mendelian and genomic disorders...
- DEVELOPMENT OF AMERICAN CHILD PSYCHIATRY, 1900-1940Kathleen Jones; Fiscal Year: 1993..It uses the history of American child psychiatry to examine the interaction of families and professionals, and argues for the importance of class and gender ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ANXIETY IN PRESCHOOLERSHelen Egger; Fiscal Year: 2005..This application details a program of training in infant/young child psychiatry, in behavioral and statistical genetics with an introduction to molecular genetics and genomics, and advanced ..
- MEDICATED & UNMEDICATED ADHD BOYS AT MIDLIFE (35 TO 45)Jan Loney; Fiscal Year: 2005..team since their referral for diagnostic evaluation and treatment to the University of Iowa outpatient child psychiatry clinic between 1967 and 1978...
- PSYCHIATRIC EPIDEMIOLOGY AND BIOSTATISTICSLinda Cottler; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are now requesting eight slots per year, with four dedicated slots for Child Psychiatry, reflecting the increased requests for training in this field...
- A CHILD PSYCHIATRY EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY IN PUERTO RICOHector Bird; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- Clinical and Basic Neurobiology of Nervous System DiseasesGeorge Heninger; Fiscal Year: 2007..of 44 lectures covering a wide range of diseases and disorders from the fields of Neurology, Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. In addition to lectures and a written syllabus, tutorials will be created for each of the 44 lectures ..
- DIAGNOSING DIAGNOSTIC CRITERIA: THE CASE OF AUTISMFred Volkmar; Fiscal Year: 1992..Although autism has appeared to constitute probably the most robust example of a "disease entity" in child psychiatry considerable controversy has surrounded the definition of the syndrome, as exemplified in DSM III and III-R...
- Autism--Development, Genetic Epidemiology and TreatmentRICHARD TODD; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed list of investigators include child psychiatry, child neurology, psychology, and occupational therapy experts with a broad range of interests spanning basic ..
- Neurodevelopmental Biology of Neglected ChildrenEve Spratt; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate's training in child psychiatry and pediatrics, expertise in child maltreatment, and childhood brain disorders provides an excellent ..
- MODIFIABLE RISK FACTORS FOR PTSD IN URBAN ADOLESCENTSDeborah Lipschitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The candidate is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine (YUSM) with a clinical background in pediatrics, psychiatry and ..
- THE NEUROBIOLOGY OF ATTENTION IN FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROMEPAULA LOCKHART; Fiscal Year: 2005..describes a 5-year plan for the development of the candidate into an independent researcher in clinical child psychiatry and will include an investigation of attention problems in Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)...
- Translational Research Training in Child PsychiatryBradley S Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- CHILD PSYCHIATRY INTERVENTION RESEARCH CENTERDavid Shaffer; Fiscal Year: 2003This is an application for a Child Psychiatry Intervention Research Center (CPIRC) at New York State Psychiatric Institute. The CPIRC comprises: 1) The Central (Administrative) Core (Director: David Shaffer, M.D...
- RESEARCH UNITS ON PEDIATRIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY--AUTISMJAMES MCCRAKEN; Fiscal Year: 1999..research resources at the host Institution and combining the necessary expertise in clinical pharmacology and child psychiatry, can become national resources where studies ont he safety and efficacy of psychotropic medications can be ..
- RESEARCH UNITS ON PEDIATRIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY--AUTISMFred Volkmar; Fiscal Year: 2000..research resources at the host Institution and combining the necessary expertise in clinical pharmacology and child psychiatry, can become national resources where studies ont he safety and efficacy of psychotropic medications can be ..
- PARTNER VIOLENCE PREVENTION & ADOLESCENT PSYCHOPATHOLOGYMiriam Ehrensaft; Fiscal Year: 2004..is a clinical psychologist with expertise in adult partner violence and recent postdoctoral training in child psychiatry, especially the study of conduct disorder and depression...
- RESEARCH UNITS ON PEDIATRIC PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY ( RUPP)Boris Birmaher; Fiscal Year: 2000..research resources at the host institution and combining the necessary expertise in clinical pharmacology and child psychiatry, can become national resources where studies on the safety and efficacy of psychotropic medications can be ..
- RUPP-PIOscar Bukstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..Resources to support this program of research and training include a T32 postdoctoral training grant in child psychiatry research, an Intervention Research Center on early-onset mood and anxiety disorders, a RUPP devoted to ..
- Behavioral and Biological Training in Typical and Atypical DevelopmentMORTON GERNSBACHER; Fiscal Year: 2009..D.s from Pediatric disciplines such as Developmental Pediatrics or Child Psychiatry. We propose to train three Ph.D. and two M.D...
- DELIRIUM: A CHILDHOOD PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERBARBARA SOHMER; Fiscal Year: 1991..that will provide her with the additional expertise she needs to become an independent clinical scientist in child psychiatry. The program of study includes basic principles of research methodology: study design, epidemiology, data ..
- PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY OF PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR DISORDERDavid Axelson; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, treatment research in child psychiatry has generally not addressed developmental differences in neurobiology or pharmacology, nor attempted to ..
- MENTAL HEALTH & DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES PROGRAMKerim Munir; Fiscal Year: 2001..Eligible applicants will include advanced clinical fellows in child psychiatry, psychology, pediatrics or allied disciplines...
- CARING FOR MOTHERS WITH CHILDREN IN MH TREATMENTCatherine Greeno; Fiscal Year: 2002..Parental psychopathology is a relatively neglected risk factor in child psychiatry. In our pilot study 18/33 (54%) mothers who brought their children for care met criteria for anxiety and ..