Genomes and Genes
Summary: General agreement or collective opinion; the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Metabolic syndrome--a new world-wide definition. A Consensus Statement from the International Diabetes FederationK G M M Alberti
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, St Mary's Hospital, London, UK and International Diabetes Institute, Caulfield, Australia
Diabet Med 23:469-80. 2006..The workshop was sponsored by an educational grant from AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals. CONSENSUS PROCESS: The consensus statement emerged following detailed discussions at the IDF workshop...
- Expert consensus document on arterial stiffness: methodological issues and clinical applicationsStephane Laurent
Department of Pharmacology and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM U652, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 27:2588-605. 2006....
- OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, Part II: OARSI evidence-based, expert consensus guidelinesW Zhang
University of Edinburgh, Osteoarticular Research Group, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:137-62. 2008To develop concise, patient-focussed, up to date, evidence-based, expert consensus recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA), which are adaptable and designed to assist physicians and allied health care ..
- The ABC of Physical Activity for Health: a consensus statement from the British Association of Sport and Exercise SciencesGary O'Donovan
School of Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
J Sports Sci 28:573-91. 2010..Children and young people aged 5-16 years should accumulate at least 60 min of moderate-to-vigorous-intensity aerobic activity per day, including vigorous-intensity aerobic activities that improve bone density and muscle strength...
- Guidelines for preclinical animal research in ALS/MND: A consensus meetingAlbert C Ludolph
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Germany
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:38-45. 2010..A second international conference to improve the guidelines was held in 2009. These second and improved guidelines are dedicated to the memory of Sean F. Scott...
- Development of a common outcome data set for fall injury prevention trials: the Prevention of Falls Network Europe consensusSarah E Lamb
Warwick Emergency Care and Rehabilitation, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1618-22. 2005..Work is being undertaken in a 4-year program. As a first step, the development of a common set of outcome definitions and measures for future trials or meta-analysis was considered...
- How to diagnose diastolic heart failure: a consensus statement on the diagnosis of heart failure with normal left ventricular ejection fraction by the Heart Failure and Echocardiography Associations of the European Society of CardiologyWalter J Paulus
Laboratory of Physiology, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat, 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 28:2539-50. 2007..The updated strategies for the diagnosis and exclusion of HFNEF are useful not only for individual patient management but also for patient recruitment in future clinical trials exploring therapies for HFNEF...
- National Institutes of Health consensus development project on criteria for clinical trials in chronic graft-versus-host disease: I. Diagnosis and staging working group reportAlexandra H Filipovich
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:945-56. 2005This consensus document is intended to serve 3 functions. First, it standardizes the criteria for diagnosis of chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)...
- The neurobiology of decision: consensus and controversyJoseph W Kable
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuron 63:733-45. 2009..Neurobiological studies of decision making are beginning to enhance our understanding of economic and social behavior as well as our understanding of significant health disorders where people's behavior plays a key role...
- Consensus decision making by fishDavid J T Sumpter
Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University, Box 480, 751 06 Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Biol 18:1773-7. 2008Decisions reached through consensus are often more accurate, because they efficiently utilize the diverse information possessed by group members [1-3]...
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendationsGordon H Guyatt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
BMJ 336:924-6. 2008
- Consensus definition of sarcopenia, cachexia and pre-cachexia: joint document elaborated by Special Interest Groups (SIG) "cachexia-anorexia in chronic wasting diseases" and "nutrition in geriatrics"M Muscaritoli
Department of Clinical Medicine, La Sapienza, University of Rome, Viale dell Universita, 37, Rome 00185, Italy
Clin Nutr 29:154-9. 2010..The definition, the assessment and the staging of cachexia, were identified as a priority by the SIG. This consensus paper reports the definition of cachexia, pre-cachexia and sarcopenia as well as the criteria for the ..
- Asian consensus on irritable bowel syndromeKok Ann Gwee
Stomach Liver and Bowel Clinic, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1189-205. 2010....
- A consensus protocol for the standardization of cerebrospinal fluid collection and biobankingC E Teunissen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurology 73:1914-22. 2009..Here, a consensus report on recommendations for CSF collection and biobanking is presented, formed by the BioMS-eu network for CSF ..
- International consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopeniaDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 115:168-86. 2010..This consensus document aims to report on new data and provide consensus-based recommendations relating to diagnosis and ..
- The expert consensus guideline series: adherence problems in patients with serious and persistent mental illnessDawn I Velligan
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1-46; quiz 47-8. 2009..Poor adherence to medication treatment can have devastating consequences for patients with mental illness. The goal of this project was to develop recommendations for addressing adherence problems to improve patient outcomes...
- Phenotype and function of human T lymphocyte subsets: consensus and issuesVictor Appay
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, INSERM U543, Avenir Group, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 75013 Paris, France
Cytometry A 73:975-83. 2008..Several points of consensus and discord were highlighted in the work presented during this session...
- Leadership, consensus decision making and collective behaviour in humansJohn R G Dyer
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:781-9. 2009..We find that only a small minority of informed individuals is needed to guide a large uninformed group. These studies build upon important theoretical and empirical work on leadership and decision making in animal groups...
- Definition of drug resistant epilepsy: consensus proposal by the ad hoc Task Force of the ILAE Commission on Therapeutic StrategiesPatrick Kwan
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Epilepsia 51:1069-77. 2010..clinical research, the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) appointed a Task Force to formulate a consensus definition of drug resistant epilepsy...
- Helping someone with problem drinking: mental health first aid guidelines - a Delphi expert consensus studyAnna H Kingston
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, 35 Poplar Rd Locked Bag 10, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 9:79. 2009..This paper describes the development of mental health first aid guidelines that inform community members on how to help someone who may have, or may be developing, a drinking problem (i.e., alcohol abuse or dependence)...
- The COSMIN study reached international consensus on taxonomy, terminology, and definitions of measurement properties for health-related patient-reported outcomesLidwine B Mokkink
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 63:737-45. 2010Lack of consensus on taxonomy, terminology, and definitions has led to confusion about which measurement properties are relevant and which concepts they represent...
- Chapel Hill bisphenol A expert panel consensus statement: integration of mechanisms, effects in animals and potential to impact human health at current levels of exposureFrederick S vom Saal
Reprod Toxicol 24:131-8. 2007
- Impact of perceived consensus on stereotypes about obese people: a new approach for reducing biasRebecca M Puhl
Department of PsychologyYale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Health Psychol 24:517-25. 2005In 3 experiments, the authors tested the effect of perceived social consensus on attitudes toward obese people...
- Mental health in the aftermath of disasters: consensus and controversyMitchell G Weiss
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:611-5. 2003
- An exploration of the use of simple statistics to measure consensus and stability in Delphi studiesElizabeth A Holey
School of Health and Social Care, University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BA, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:52. 2007The criteria for stopping Delphi studies are often subjective. This study aimed to examine whether consensus and stability in the Delphi process can be ascertained by descriptive evaluation of trends in participants' views.
- Elderly patients with dementia-related symptoms of severe agitation and aggression: consensus statement on treatment options, clinical trials methodology, and policyCarl Salzman
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:889-98. 2008..In 2005, the FDA issued a black box warning regarding increased risk of mortality associated with the use of atypical antipsychotic drugs in this patient population...
- The evolving face of human immunodeficiency virus-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: defining a consensus terminologyPaola Cinque
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
J Neurovirol 9:88-92. 2003..A standard patient classification would be helpful for clinical management of PML patients, for their inclusion in clinical studies, and also will increase our current knowledge of PML and its evolution in relation with HAART...
- Grouping for behavioral and psychological symptoms in dementia: clinical and biological aspects. Consensus paper of the European Alzheimer disease consortiumPhilippe H Robert
Centre Mémoire de Ressources and de Recherche, CHU, Hopital Pasteur, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice cedex 1, France
Eur Psychiatry 20:490-6. 2005..This article is a consensus produced by the behavioral group of the European Alzheimer's Disease Consortium (EADC)...
- Emergency department crowding: consensus development of potential measuresLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Medical Group and Clinics and HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55440 1524, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:824-34. 2003..We identify measures of emergency department (ED) and hospital workflow that would be of value in understanding, monitoring, and managing crowding...
- Validation of the National Institutes of Health consensus definition of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaRichard A Ehrenkranz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
Pediatrics 116:1353-60. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the predictive validity of the severity-based, consensus definition of BPD.
- Minimal neuropsychological assessment of MS patients: a consensus approachRalph H B Benedict
Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 16:381-97. 2002..In part, poor utilization of NP services may be attributed to a lack of consensus among neuropsychologists regarding the optimal approach for evaluating MS patients...
- Consensus Report: 2nd European Workshop on Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation for Oral Health ProfessionalsChristoph A Ramseier
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Int Dent J 60:3-6. 2010..To ensure that the delivery of effective TUC becomes part of standard care, continuing education courses and updates should be implemented and offered to all oral health professionals on a regular basis...
- European consensus statement on diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD: The European Network Adult ADHDSandra J J Kooij
PsyQ, psycho medische programma s, Department Adult ADHD, Carel Reinierszkade 197, Den Haag, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 10:67. 2010..The evidence on persistence poses several difficulties for adult psychiatry considering the lack of expertise for diagnostic assessment, limited treatment options and patient facilities across Europe...
- Development of mental health first aid guidelines on how a member of the public can support a person affected by a traumatic event: a Delphi studyClaire M Kelly
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 10:49. 2010..However, few people have the knowledge and skills required to assist. Simple guidelines may help members of the public to offer appropriate support when it is needed...
- European consensus guidelines on the management of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in preterm infants - 2010 updateDavid G Sweet
Regional Neonatal Unit, Royal Maternity Hospital, Belfast, UK
Neonatology 97:402-17. 2010..We report the updated recommendations of a European panel of expert neonatologists who had developed consensus guidelines after critical examination of the most up-to-date evidence in 2007...
- Consensus statement from European experts on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of multiple myeloma: from standard therapy to novel approachesMonika Engelhardt
Hematology and Oncology Department, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1424-43. 2010..One of the outcomes of the meeting was the development of a consensus statement outlining contemporary optimal clinical practice for the treatment of MM...
- Development of geriatric competencies for emergency medicine residents using an expert consensus processTeresita M Hogan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Resurrection Medical Center, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:316-24. 2010..Older patients can have complex clinical presentations and be resource-intensive. Evidence indicates that emergency physicians fail to provide consistent high-quality care for elder ED patients, resulting in poor clinical outcomes...
- Drug-eluting stents in preclinical studies: updated consensus recommendations for preclinical evaluationRobert S Schwartz
Minneapolis Heart Institute and Foundation, 920 E 28th Street, Suite 600, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 1:143-53. 2008..An earlier consensus publication enjoyed widespread adoption but is in need of updating...
- Late presentation of HIV infection: a consensus definitionA Antinori
National Institute for Infectious Diseases, Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
HIV Med 12:61-4. 2011..The objective of this article is to present a consensus definition of late presentation of HIV infection.
- Comparative analysis of risk factors for acute graft-versus-host disease and for chronic graft-versus-host disease according to National Institutes of Health consensus criteriaMary E D Flowers
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA and
Blood 117:3214-9. 2011..2-4 acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) and for chronic GVHD as defined by National Institutes of Health consensus criteria were evaluated and compared in 2941 recipients of first allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation ..
- Management of the child born small for gestational age through to adulthood: a consensus statement of the International Societies of Pediatric Endocrinology and the Growth Hormone Research SocietyP E Clayton
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:804-10. 2007..A meeting was convened to identify the key health issues facing a child born small for gestational age (SGA) and to propose management strategies...
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: a consensus review of clinical care for patients undergoing colonic resectionK C H Fearon
Clinical and Surgical Sciences (Surgery, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, The University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
Clin Nutr 24:466-77. 2005..There is a need to develop a consensus on key elements of perioperative care for inclusion in enhanced recovery programmes so that these can be widely ..
- Consensus paper of the WFSBP Task Force on Biological Markers: biological markers in depressionRainald Mossner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 8:141-74. 2007....
- Towards evidence-based clinical practice: an international survey of 18 clinical guideline programsJako S Burgers
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Qual Health Care 15:31-45. 2003..To describe systematically the structures and working methods of guideline programs...
- The MATRICS initiative: developing a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trialsMichael F Green
Schizophr Res 72:1-3. 2004
- Remission in schizophrenia: proposed criteria and rationale for consensusNancy C Andreasen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:441-9. 2005..have increased interest on the part of patients, families, advocates, and professionals in the development of consensus-defined standards for clinical status and improvement, including illness remission and recovery...
- Consensus Dutch health assessment questionnaireM Boers
Ann Rheum Dis 66:132-3. 2007
- The American Journal of Cardiology and Journal of Periodontology editors' consensus: periodontitis and atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseaseVincent E Friedewald
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, USA
J Periodontol 80:1021-32. 2009ACKNOWLEDGMENT: This Editors' Consensus is supported by an educational grant from Colgate-Palmolive, Inc., New York, New York, and is based on a meeting of the authors held in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 9, 2009. DISCLOSURE: Dr...
- British Association for Psychopharmacology consensus statement on evidence-based treatment of insomnia, parasomnias and circadian rhythm disordersS J Wilson
Psychopharmacology Unit, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Psychopharmacol 24:1577-601. 2010..A consensus meeting was held in London in May 2009...
- Consensus: Motor cortex plasticity protocolsUlf Ziemann
Department Neurology, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Brain Stimul 1:164-82. 2008....
- LHRH agonists in prostate cancer: frequency of treatment, serum testosterone measurement and castrate level: consensus opinion from a roundtable discussionIgle Jan de Jong
Department of Urology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1077-80. 2007..Achieving levels of ST similar to those obtained after orchiectomy is important for patient outcomes, although there is no evidence that a lower ST level (<50 ng/dl) results in additional clinical benefits...
- BNP Consensus Panel 2004: A clinical approach for the diagnostic, prognostic, screening, treatment monitoring, and therapeutic roles of natriuretic peptides in cardiovascular diseasesMarc A Silver
Department of Medicine and Heart Failure Institute, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, IL 60453 2600, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:1-30. 2004..More importantly, a summary updating and guiding the clinician on most of these advances was lacking. An expert Consensus Panel with basic, methodological, and clinical expertise was convened to summarize current knowledge in these ..
- Expert consensus (SBC/SBHCI) on the use of drug-eluting stents: recommendations of the Brazilian society of interventional cardiology/ Brazilian society of cardiology for the Brazilian public single healthcare systemValter C Lima
Sociedade Brasileira de Hemodinâmica e Cardiologia Intervencionista, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:e162-7. 2006....
- Consensus on current clinical practice of virtual colonoscopyMatthew A Barish
Department of Radiology, 3D and Image Processing Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:786-92. 2005The purpose of our study was to determine the current opinions regarding the performance, interpretation, reporting, and clinical role of virtual colonoscopy among a group of selected experts to develop a consensus statement.
- Ethno-veterinary uses and informants consensus factor of medicinal plants of Sariska region, Rajasthan, IndiaBhuvaneshwar Upadhyay
PG School of Biotechnology, Department of Botany, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
J Ethnopharmacol 133:14-25. 2011..India to identify the important species used for ethno-veterinary medicine; finding out methods for various ethno-veterinary medicine preparations, and calculate the informant consensus factor (ICF) in relation to medicinal plant use.
- A study of TB-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome using the consensus case-definitionSurendra K Sharma
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 131:804-8. 2010..In view of the recently proposed consensus case-definitions for TB-IRIS for use in resource-limited settings we undertook this study to describe the ..
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: consensus statement of 3 German Oncology societiesRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Cancer 110:1187-94. 2007..Whereas the indications for systemic adjuvant treatment have continuously expanded, there is a tendency to restrict postoperative radiotherapy to accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) instead of WBRT...
- The McGill Consensus Statement on Overdentures. Mandibular 2-implant overdentures as first choice standard of care for edentulous patientsJ Mark Thomason
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 10:95-6. 2002
- The definition of polytrauma: the need for international consensusNerida Butcher
Department of Traumatology, Division of Surgery, John Hunter Hospital and University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Injury 40:S12-22. 2009..A universally accepted definition for polytrauma is vital for comparing datasets and conducting multicentre trials. The purpose of this review is to identify and evaluate the published definitions of the term "polytrauma"...
- Behavioral dynamics and influence in networked coloring and consensusStephen Judd
Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania, Levine Hall, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14978-82. 2010We report on human-subject experiments on the problems of coloring (a social differentiation task) and consensus (a social agreement task) in a networked setting...
- Quality appraisal of clinical practice guidelines and consensus statements on the use of biologic agents in rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic reviewMaria A Lopez-Olivo
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:1625-38. 2008To evaluate the quality of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) and consensus statements (CS) for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) antagonists.
- American Society of Echocardiography Consensus Statement on the Clinical Applications of Ultrasonic Contrast Agents in EchocardiographySharon L Mulvagh
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1179-201; quiz 1281. 2008..Disclosure of faculty and commercial support sponsor relationships, if any, have been indicated...
- Development of clinical guidelines for the prescription of orthoses in patients with neurological disorders in The NetherlandsJ M Hijmans
Centre for Rehabilitation, and Northern Centre for Healthcare Research, University Medical Centre Groningen, The Netherlands
Prosthet Orthot Int 30:35-43. 2006..The Delphi technique was used to gain consensus on statements published on the Internet...
- Clinical evaluation and management strategy for sexual dysfunction in men and womenDimitrios Hatzichristou
Department of Urology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessalonki, Greece
J Sex Med 1:49-57. 2004..The optimal approach for identification and evaluation of the sexual problems in men and women in primary care or general medicine practice has not been consensed...
- Disorders of orgasm and ejaculation in menChris G McMahon
Australian Centre for Sexual Health, Sydney, Australia
J Sex Med 1:58-65. 2004..Ejaculatory/orgasmic disorders, common male sexual dysfunctions, include premature ejaculation, inhibited ejaculation, anejaculation, retrograde ejaculation and anorgasmia...
- Overview of the domains of variables relevant to end-of-life careBetty R Ferrell
City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
J Palliat Med 8:S22-9. 2005..domains of palliative care has been the release in 2004 of national guidelines published by the National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care (NCP)...
- Endocrine aspects of sexual dysfunction in menAlvaro Morales
Department of Urology, Queen s Univerisity, Kingston, ON, Canada
J Sex Med 1:69-81. 2004..Aim. To provide expert opinions/recommendations concerning state-of-the-art knowledge for the pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of endocrinologic sexual medicine disorders...
- The ADA's practice parametersDonalda M Ellek
Office of Quality Assessment and Improvement, American Dental Association, USA
J Am Coll Dent 72:23-7. 2005..These options have been developed based on available evidence and a consensus of professional judgment...
- Development of public health nursing competencies: an oral historyMarilyn Givens King
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Public Health Nurs 23:196-201. 2006..The unfolding of that process is reported from the content-specific oral histories of five PHN leaders who served on the QC and participated in developing the PHN competencies...
- Endocrine aspects of female sexual dysfunctionSusan R Davis
NHMRC Centre of Clinical Research Excellence, The Jean Hailes Foundation and Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
J Sex Med 1:82-6. 2004..Various endogenous hormones, including estrogen, testosterone, progesterone and prolactin, may influence female sexual function...
- Healthcare worker competencies for disaster trainingEdbert B Hsu
Department of Emergency Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Med Educ 6:19. 2006..We describe the application of systematic evidence-based consensus building methods to derive educational competencies and objectives in criteria-based preparedness and response ..
- Standards for clinical trials in male sexual dysfunction: erectile dysfunction and rapid ejaculationMark Hirsch
U S Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857 0001, USA
J Sex Med 1:87-91. 2004..The introduction of safe and effective therapies for sexual dysfunctions depend upon appropriate clinical protocol design, study procedures, data collection and analysis...
- Standards for clinical trials in sexual dysfunctions of women: research designs and outcomes assessmentJulia R Heiman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Sex Med 1:92-7. 2004..Currently there are no medications approved for treatment in women, and limited data on drug efficacy or psychological efficacy in well-controlled studies...
- Health Research Profile to assess the capacity of low and middle income countries for equity-oriented researchP Tugwell
Centre for Global Health, Institute for Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
BMC Public Health 6:151. 2006..quot; This project was designed to assess low and middle income country capacity and commitment for equity-oriented research...
- Identifying performance indicators for family practice: assessing levels of consensusJan Barnsley
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can Fam Physician 51:700-1. 2005....
- Innovations in nursing education: standard development for nurse educator practiceMona Koldsgaard Rogan
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nurses Staff Dev 24:119-23. 2008....
- ACR appropriateness criteriaPeter A S Johnstone
Radiation Oncology Department, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1303-4. 2008
- Research into care quality criteria for long-term care institutionsWen Liang Wang
Department of Information Management, Chung Hua University, Hsinchu City, Taiwan, ROC
J Nurs Res 15:255-64. 2007..Based on the 5 SERVQUAL model constructs, this study found 17 of the 28 criteria, to be pertinent to nursing care quality, with those in the Responsiveness and Empathy domains being the ones most critical...
- International experts' perspectives on the state of the nurse staffing and patient outcomes literatureKoen Van den Heede
Center for Health Services and Nursing Research, Catholic University Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Nurs Scholarsh 39:290-7. 2007..To assess the key variables used in research on nurse staffing and patient outcomes from the perspective of an international panel...
- Operational definitions of attributes of primary health care: consensus among Canadian expertsJeannie Haggerty
Département des sciences de la santé communautaire, Universite de Sherbrooke, Longueuil, Quebec
Ann Fam Med 5:336-44. 2007..In 2004, we undertook a consultation with Canadian primary health care experts to define the attributes that should be evaluated in predominant and proposed models of primary health care in the Canadian context...
- Multidisciplinary consensus of best practice for pro re nata (PRN) psychotropic medications within acute mental health settings: a Delphi studyJ A Baker
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 14:478-84. 2007..Eighteen experts participated in three Delphi rounds of a modified Delphi panel to establish consensus. A total of 271 items were initially generated from four questions...
- Clinical and laboratory follow-up for treating and monitoring patients with ankylosing spondylitis: development of recommendations for clinical practice based on published evidence and expert opinionEmmanuelle Dernis
Service de Rhumatologie, CH Le Mans, Le Mans, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:330-7. 2007..To develop French recommendations about the clinical and laboratory follow-up of patients with axial ankylosing spondylitis (AS) seen in everyday practice...
- Determining the political influence of nurses who work in the field of hepatitis C: a Delphi surveyClare McKeown
Health Promotion Service, Homefirst Community Trust, Ballymena, Northern Ireland
J Clin Nurs 16:1210-21. 2007..The principle aim of this study was to determine the political influence and the professional profile of nurses who work in the field of hepatitis C...
- Nurses' guide to understanding and implementing the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines for myeloid growth factorsBarbara J Wilson
University of Mary, Bismarck, ND, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:347-53. 2007....
- Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for prostate cancer: the need for a unified approachPhilipp Dahm
Department of Urology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0247, USA
Curr Opin Urol 17:200-7. 2007..It further introduces the recommendations of the Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) working group as a unified approach to guideline development...
- Critical assumptions: thinking critically about critical thinkingThelma Riddell
Program for Registered Nurses, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Educ 46:121-6. 2007..need to ask ourselves how we can defend our assumptions that critical thinking can be learned and that critical thinking improves the quality of nursing practice, especially when there is virtually no consensus on a definition.
- The need for nurses to have in service education to provide the best care for clients with chest drainsDaniela Lehwaldt
School of Nursing, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
J Nurs Manag 15:142-8. 2007..Anecdotally there appears to be a lack of consensus among nurses on the major principles of chest drain management...
- Guidelines for a minimum acceptable protocol for the construction of complete denturesC Peter Owen
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Oral Health Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Int J Prosthodont 19:467-74. 2006To investigate the feasibility of obtaining expert consensus on the prosthodontic principles to be followed when constructing complete dentures, so that any modifications to materials and methods would not sacrifice those principles--a ..
- Rigorous development does not ensure that guidelines are acceptable to a panel of knowledgeable providersTeryl K Nuckols
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:37-44. 2008..No studies have examined whether this technical quality consistently leads to acceptability...
- Development of performance indicators for the primary care management of pediatric epilepsy: expert consensus recommendations based on the available evidenceDeirdre A Caplin
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Epilepsia 47:2011-9. 2006To use available evidence and expert consensus to develop performance indicators for the evaluation and management of pediatric epilepsy.
- A Delphi approach to reach consensus on primary care guidelines regarding youth violence preventionEdward De Vos
Pediatric and Adolescent Health Research Center, Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1109-15. 2006..The purpose of this study was to systematically identify and prioritize specific counseling topics in violence prevention that could be integrated into anticipatory guidance best practice...
- Considered judgement in evidence-based guideline developmentKarin Verkerk
Dutch Institute for Healthcare Improvement CBO, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Qual Health Care 18:365-9. 2006..However, this evidence is often incomplete, controversial, or lacking. Other considerations beyond the evidence are therefore needed to be able to formulate specific and applicable recommendations for clinical practice...
- Research priorities in nursing--a Delphi study among Swedish nursesSiv Bäck-Pettersson
Fyrbodal Research Institute, Uddevalla, Sweden
J Clin Nurs 17:2221-31. 2008..The main aim was to illuminate essential areas for future patient-related nursing research. The secondary aim was to stimulate nurses to explore important research areas based on clinical practice...
- Summary of the recommendations on sexual dysfunctions in womenRosemary Basson
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Sex Med 1:24-34. 2004..There are limited recommendation/guideline documents pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of women's sexual dysfunctions...
- Quality indicators for primary care mental health servicesT Shield
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 12:100-6. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: The quality indicators represent consensus among key stakeholder groups in defining quality of care within primary care mental health services...
- Deciding not to measure performance: the case of acute otitis mediaRita Mangione-Smith
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Pediatrics, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:27-36. 2003..With AOM, the measure development process could not proceed beyond the first phase for reasons that are be discussed in detail...
- Level of evidence as a future gold standard for the content quality of health resources on the internetS J Darmoni
Rouen University Hospital, Rouen University Hospital, France
Methods Inf Med 42:220-5. 2003..A survey was conducted using the CISMeF health catalogue to assess how often a score of the level of evidence is mentioned in the information accessible on the Internet in French-language health resources...
- [Rehabilitative elements for the treatment of patients with mental disorders: are they considered in the development of guidelines?]Birgit Watzke
Institut und Poliklinik für Medizinische Psychologie, Zentrum fur Psychosoziale Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf
Psychiatr Prax 32:79-86. 2005....
- An evidence and consensus based guideline for the management of a child after a seizureK Armon
Academic Division of Child Health, Nottingham, UK
Emerg Med J 20:13-20. 2003An evidence and consensus based guideline for the management of the child who presents to hospital having had a seizure. It does not deal with the child who is still seizing...
- Defined and refined: criteria for identifying wound infection revisitedKeith F Cutting
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire
Br J Community Nurs 9:S6-15. 2004..It is clear that there are subtle variations between infection criteria for wound types and that these should be recognized if treatment is to be given appropriately and promptly, and morbidity avoided...
- Development of a list of consensus-approved clinical indicators of preventable drug-related morbidity in older adultsHeather A Robertson
College of Pharmacy, and School of Health Services Administration, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Clin Ther 24:1595-613. 2002..According to the literature, 49% to 76% of all DRMs may be preventable; however, there is little consensus as to which are preventable and which are not...
- A Role of Novel Serpin Maspinin Prostate Tumor/Bone InteractionShijie Sheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 3 is to investigate the regulation of uPA/uPAR by maspin in PC/bone interaction. Despite the consensus that uPA and uPAR are potential therapeutic targets in PC metastasis, there is no uPA- or uPAR-targeting drug ..
- Galectin-3 in regulation of allergic skin inflammationFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Galectin-3 is a member of a family of animal lectins defined by their affinity for 2-galactosides and consensus sequences. It is expressed by a number of cell types, including epithelial cells and various leukocytes...
- ANTIGENIC DETERMINANTS OF VARICELLA VIRUSCharles Grose; Fiscal Year: 2006..active VZV ORF47 protein serine kinase led to the discovery that the viral kinase has a similar phosphorylation consensus motif to that of casein kinase II...
- Structural Studies of RNA Maturation and ProcessingChristopher D Lima; Fiscal Year: 2010..II) after it is phosphorylated on serine residues within its C-terminal tandem heptapeptide repeats with the consensus sequence Y1S2P3T4S5P6S7...
- Galectin-3 in regulation of allergic skin inflammationFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Galectin-3 is a member of a family of animal lectins defined by their affinity for 2-galactosides and consensus sequences. It is expressed by a number of cell types, including epithelial cells and various leukocytes...
- Digestive Enzymes and Microvascular Inflammation in ShockGEERT W SCHMID SCHOENBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..A powerful inflammatory cascade accompanies shock, but there is no consensus for the trigger mechanisms of the inflammation...
- Novel vaccine against NorovirusXi Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of NVs for developing a broadly reactive vaccine based on defined antigenic types (serotypes) with a cocktail or consensus vaccine approach...
- Perceptions of Social Risk in Medical Child Abuse EvaluationHeather T Keenan; Fiscal Year: 2010..child's evaluation or diagnosis is changed by the physician's risk perception;and (3) to create three consensus evaluations to act as comparators to the physician's evaluations...
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2009..A recent American Society of Clinical Oncology expert consensus panel recommended that all postmenopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer ..
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda L Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2010..A recent American Society of Clinical Oncology expert consensus panel recommended that all postmenopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer ..
- Mechanisms of viral proteases in coronavirus replication and pathogenesisAndrew D Mesecar; Fiscal Year: 2010..We showed that PLpro processes the replicase polyprotein at three sites using a consensus recognition site of LXGG, similar to the consensus sequence recognized by de-ubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs)...
- DIETARY COMPOSITION, OBESITY, AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISKERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Obesity increases CHD risk by adversely affecting glucose, lipoproteins, and blood pressure. There is consensus that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol (C) restriction is beneficial for low density lipoprotein (LDL) ..
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation and allergic diseases in childIsabelle Romieu; Fiscal Year: 2010Many studies have investigated risk factors for asthma and allergic diseases;however there is little consensus on modifiable risk factors...
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation and allergic diseases in childIsabelle Romieu; Fiscal Year: 2009Many studies have investigated risk factors for asthma and allergic diseases; however there is little consensus on modifiable risk factors...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT)--UNC Clinical CenterDaniel Shugars; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- MECHANISM OF PRE-MRNA SPLICINGMAGDA KONARSKA; Fiscal Year: 2009..splice site (5'SS), branch site (BS) and the 3' splice site (3'SS), adhere to the conserved consensus; sequence deviations from this consensus often result in inhibition of splicing or aberrant splicing events...
- Ethical & Methodological Standards for Trials of Invasive Therapeutic ProceduresCarol M Ashton; Fiscal Year: 2010..This 3-year project will produce a set of consensus standards for good research practice that would have to be met to design and conduct methodologically valid and ..
- RESCUE: Randomized Evaluation of Patients with Stable Angina Comparing UtilizatioArthur E Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This was highlighted by its inclusion in the Consensus Report on Initial National Priorities for Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) issued by the Institute of ..
- HEPARIN-PROTEIN/PEPTIDE INTERACTIONSRobert Linhardt; Fiscal Year: 2000..and some experimental data predict that heparin-binding proteins contain specific patterns of basic amino acids (consensus sequences) with high affinity for acidic oligosaccharides...
- Managing Incidental Findings and Research Results in Genomic Biobanks and ArchiveSusan Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2009..biobanks and archived datasets? We will convene a multidisciplinary Working Group in order to develop normative consensus recommendations on managing IFs and IRRs in genomic research using biobanks and large archives...
- Development of Listeria-Based Clinical Consensus HCV Vaccine CandidatesThomas Dubensky; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have defined an HCV consensus sequence for the most common HCV genotype in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia and have shown that it ..
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT): UAB Clinical CenterGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT)--Study Chair applicationJames Bader; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT) UTHSC San Antonio Clinical CenterBennett Amaechi; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT) Data Coordinating CenterWilliam Vollmer; Fiscal Year: 2007
- GRADE - Moving Towards a Consensus on a Consistent Approach to Grading EvidenceYngve Falck Ytter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aims: The goal of the proposed GRADE workshop is to reach a consensus among guideline developers/systematic reviewers: Discuss the GRADE system with organizations in the U.S...
- EIAV Envelope Variation and Vaccine EfficacyRonald C Montelaro; Fiscal Year: 2010..vaccine immunity, and (iii) to develop and evaluate novel immunization procedures using multivalent and consensus Env immunogens for their ability to elicit broadly protective immunity to diverse EIAV strains...
- MECHANISM OF PRE-MRNA SPLICINGMAGDA KONARSKA; Fiscal Year: 2010..5'splice site (5'SS), branch site (BS) and the 3'splice site (3'SS), adhere to the conserved consensus;sequence deviations from this consensus often result in inhibition of splicing or aberrant splicing events...
- INVASION & ADHESION OF PERIOPATHOGENSPaula Fives Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1993..The 1989 consensus report of the Proceedings of the Bacteroides gingivalis were implicated most frequently...
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..requests support for a conference entitled, "The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 years post-NIH Consensus Conference"...
- Environmental/Behavioral Factors Shaping Circumcision Decisions in ZimbabweDaniel E Montano; Fiscal Year: 2010..has been clearly demonstrated to substantially reduce female to male transmission of HIV, and there is evolving consensus that MC should be included as a strategy in comprehensive HIV prevention programs (WHO/UNAIDS, 2006;WHO/UNAIDS, ..
- Environmental/Behavioral Factors Shaping Circumcision Decisions in ZimbabweDaniel Montano; Fiscal Year: 2009..has been clearly demonstrated to substantially reduce female to male transmission of HIV, and there is evolving consensus that MC should be included as a strategy in comprehensive HIV prevention programs (WHO/UNAIDS, 2006; WHO/UNAIDS, ..
- Efficacy Measures for Pediatric Lupus StudiesHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..following specific aims: 1) To develop and prospectively validate criteria of disease flare by a combination of consensus formation methodology and statistical approaches as is recommended by the American College of Rheumatology ..