Genomes and Genes
Summary: General agreement or collective opinion; the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned.
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendationsGordon H Guyatt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
BMJ 336:924-6. 2008
- Metabolic syndrome--a new world-wide definition. A Consensus Statement from the International Diabetes FederationK G M M Alberti
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK and International Diabetes Institute, Caulfield, Australia
Diabet Med 23:469-80. 2006..An additional aim was to highlight areas where more research into the MetS is needed...
- Expert consensus document on arterial stiffness: methodological issues and clinical applicationsStephane Laurent
Department of Pharmacology and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM U652, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 27:2588-605. 2006....
- OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, Part II: OARSI evidence-based, expert consensus guidelinesW Zhang
University of Edinburgh, Osteoarticular Research Group, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:137-62. 2008To develop concise, patient-focussed, up to date, evidence-based, expert consensus recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA), which are adaptable and designed to assist physicians and allied health care ..
- Consensus nomenclature for in vivo imaging of reversibly binding radioligandsRobert B Innis
National Institute of Mental Health, Molecular Imaging Branch, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1533-9. 2007An international group of experts in pharmacokinetic modeling recommends a consensus nomenclature to describe in vivo molecular imaging of reversibly binding radioligands.
- Definition and classification of cancer cachexia: an international consensusKenneth Fearon
Clinical and Surgical Sciences, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:489-95. 2011..a framework for the definition and classification of cancer cachexia a panel of experts participated in a formal consensus process, including focus groups and two Delphi rounds...
- The COSMIN study reached international consensus on taxonomy, terminology, and definitions of measurement properties for health-related patient-reported outcomesLidwine B Mokkink
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 63:737-45. 2010Lack of consensus on taxonomy, terminology, and definitions has led to confusion about which measurement properties are relevant and which concepts they represent...
- Sarcopenia: an undiagnosed condition in older adults. Current consensus definition: prevalence, etiology, and consequences. International working group on sarcopeniaRoger A Fielding
Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, and Sarcopenia Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:249-56. 2011..geriatricians and scientists from academia and industry met in Rome, Italy, on November 18, 2009, to arrive at a consensus definition of sarcopenia...
- Late presentation of HIV infection: a consensus definitionA Antinori
National Institute for Infectious Diseases, Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
HIV Med 12:61-4. 2011..The objective of this article is to present a consensus definition of late presentation of HIV infection.
- How to diagnose diastolic heart failure: a consensus statement on the diagnosis of heart failure with normal left ventricular ejection fraction by the Heart Failure and Echocardiography Associations of the European Society of CardiologyWalter J Paulus
Laboratory of Physiology, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat, 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 28:2539-50. 2007..The updated strategies for the diagnosis and exclusion of HFNEF are useful not only for individual patient management but also for patient recruitment in future clinical trials exploring therapies for HFNEF...
- The neurobiology of decision: consensus and controversyJoseph W Kable
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuron 63:733-45. 2009..Neurobiological studies of decision making are beginning to enhance our understanding of economic and social behavior as well as our understanding of significant health disorders where people's behavior plays a key role...
- The ABC of Physical Activity for Health: a consensus statement from the British Association of Sport and Exercise SciencesGary O'Donovan
School of Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
J Sports Sci 28:573-91. 2010..Children and young people aged 5-16 years should accumulate at least 60 min of moderate-to-vigorous-intensity aerobic activity per day, including vigorous-intensity aerobic activities that improve bone density and muscle strength...
- Development of a common outcome data set for fall injury prevention trials: the Prevention of Falls Network Europe consensusSarah E Lamb
Warwick Emergency Care and Rehabilitation, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1618-22. 2005..Work is being undertaken in a 4-year program. As a first step, the development of a common set of outcome definitions and measures for future trials or meta-analysis was considered...
- Phenotype and function of human T lymphocyte subsets: consensus and issuesVictor Appay
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, INSERM U543, Avenir Group, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 75013 Paris, France
Cytometry A 73:975-83. 2008..Several points of consensus and discord were highlighted in the work presented during this session...
- Sarcopenia with limited mobility: an international consensusJohn E Morley
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine and GRECC, VA Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:403-9. 2011A consensus conference convened by the Society of Sarcopenia, Cachexia and Wasting Disorders has concluded that "Sarcopenia, ie, reduced muscle mass, with limited mobility" should be considered an important clinical entity and that most ..
- Guidelines for preclinical animal research in ALS/MND: A consensus meetingAlbert C Ludolph
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Germany
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:38-45. 2010..A second international conference to improve the guidelines was held in 2009. These second and improved guidelines are dedicated to the memory of Sean F. Scott...
- The expert consensus guideline series: adherence problems in patients with serious and persistent mental illnessDawn I Velligan
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1-46; quiz 47-8. 2009..Poor adherence to medication treatment can have devastating consequences for patients with mental illness. The goal of this project was to develop recommendations for addressing adherence problems to improve patient outcomes...
- Remission in schizophrenia: proposed criteria and rationale for consensusNancy C Andreasen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:441-9. 2005..have increased interest on the part of patients, families, advocates, and professionals in the development of consensus-defined standards for clinical status and improvement, including illness remission and recovery...
- International consensus guidelines on the management of cytomegalovirus in solid organ transplantationCamille N Kotton
Transplant and Immunocompromised Host Infectious Diseases, Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 89:779-95. 2010..by The Infectious Diseases Section of The Transplantation Society to develop evidence and expert opinion-based consensus guidelines on CMV management including diagnostics, immunology, prevention, treatment, drug resistance, and ..
- Chapel Hill bisphenol A expert panel consensus statement: integration of mechanisms, effects in animals and potential to impact human health at current levels of exposureFrederick S vom Saal
Reprod Toxicol 24:131-8. 2007
- Consensus definition of sarcopenia, cachexia and pre-cachexia: joint document elaborated by Special Interest Groups (SIG) "cachexia-anorexia in chronic wasting diseases" and "nutrition in geriatrics"M Muscaritoli
Department of Clinical Medicine, La Sapienza, University of Rome, Viale dell Universita, 37, Rome 00185, Italy
Clin Nutr 29:154-9. 2010..The definition, the assessment and the staging of cachexia, were identified as a priority by the SIG. This consensus paper reports the definition of cachexia, pre-cachexia and sarcopenia as well as the criteria for the ..
- International consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopeniaDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 115:168-86. 2010..This consensus document aims to report on new data and provide consensus-based recommendations relating to diagnosis and ..
- Consulting the oracle: ten lessons from using the Delphi technique in nursing researchSinead Keeney
Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Nursing Research, University of Ulster, Belfast, UK
J Adv Nurs 53:205-12. 2006..The aim of this paper was to provide insight into the Delphi technique by outlining our personal experiences during its use over a 10-year period in a variety of applications...
- European consensus statement on diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD: The European Network Adult ADHDSandra J J Kooij
PsyQ, psycho medische programma s, Department Adult ADHD, Carel Reinierszkade 197, Den Haag, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 10:67. 2010..The evidence on persistence poses several difficulties for adult psychiatry considering the lack of expertise for diagnostic assessment, limited treatment options and patient facilities across Europe...
- Molecular subgroups of medulloblastoma: the current consensusMichael D Taylor
Division of Neurosurgery, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 123:465-72. 2012..Variations in the number, composition, and nature of the subgroups between studies brought about a consensus conference in Boston in the fall of 2010...
- The MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery, part 1: test selection, reliability, and validityKeith H Nuechterlein
Department of Psychology, UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, 300 Medical Plaza, Rm 2251, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:203-13. 2008..Measurement and Treatment Research to Improve Cognition in Schizophrenia (MATRICS) initiative was to develop a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trials of cognition-enhancing treatments for schizophrenia through a broadly ..
- Consensus guidelines for the management of patients with digestive neuroendocrine tumours: well-differentiated tumour/carcinoma of the appendix and goblet cell carcinomaUrsula Plockinger
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Berlin, Germany
Neuroendocrinology 87:20-30. 2008
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan: Consensus-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines proposed by the Japan Society of Hepatology (JSH) 2010 updated versionMasatoshi Kudo
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan m kudo med kindai ac jp
Dig Dis 29:339-64. 2011..Based on both 'evidence-based' guidelines and the consensus of an expert panel on HCC, the Japan Society of Hepatology (JSH) published the Consensus-Based Clinical Practice ..
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation consensus statement from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)Benjamin D Smith
Radiation Oncology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:987-1001. 2009..To present guidance for patients and physicians regarding the use of accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI), based on current published evidence complemented by expert opinion...
- An illustrated consensus on the classification of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmsRalph H Hruban
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 401 N Broadway, Weinberg 2242, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:977-87. 2004..We present a consensus classification of the precursor lesions in the pancreatic ducts, PanINs and IPMNs.
- National Institutes of Health consensus development project on criteria for clinical trials in chronic graft-versus-host disease: I. Diagnosis and staging working group reportAlexandra H Filipovich
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:945-56. 2005This consensus document is intended to serve 3 functions. First, it standardizes the criteria for diagnosis of chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)...
- Uninformed individuals promote democratic consensus in animal groupsIain D Couzin
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Science 334:1578-80. 2011Conflicting interests among group members are common when making collective decisions, yet failure to achieve consensus can be costly...
- Consensus criteria for the diagnosis of frontotemporal cognitive and behavioural syndromes in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMichael J Strong
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 10:131-46. 2009....
- Consensus on women's health aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the Amsterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored 3rd PCOS Consensus Workshop GroupBart C J M Fauser
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 97:28-38.e25. 2012..Two widely cited previous ESHRE/ASRM sponsored PCOS consensus workshops focused on diagnosis (published in 2004) and infertility management (published in 2008), respectively...
- Consensus guidelines for the management of patients with digestive neuroendocrine tumours: well-differentiated colon and rectum tumour/carcinomaJohn K Ramage
Department of Gastroenterology, North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke, UK
Neuroendocrinology 87:31-9. 2008
- An international consensus survey of diagnostic criteria for macrophage activation syndrome in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritisSergio Davì
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
J Rheumatol 38:764-8. 2011To identify candidate diagnostic criteria for macrophage activation syndrome (MAS) complicating systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (sJIA) using international consensus formation through a Delphi questionnaire survey.
- Pathologic nodal evaluation improves prognostic accuracy in Merkel cell carcinoma: analysis of 5823 cases as the basis of the first consensus staging systemBianca D Lemos
Department of Medicine Dermatology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:751-61. 2010..The management of Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) has been complicated by a lack of detailed prognostic data and by the presence of conflicting staging systems...
- Consensus decision making by fishDavid J T Sumpter
Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University, Box 480, 751 06 Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Biol 18:1773-7. 2008Decisions reached through consensus are often more accurate, because they efficiently utilize the diverse information possessed by group members [1-3]...
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: a consensus review of clinical care for patients undergoing colonic resectionK C H Fearon
Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, The University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
Clin Nutr 24:466-77. 2005..There is a need to develop a consensus on key elements of perioperative care for inclusion in enhanced recovery programmes so that these can be widely ..
- Use of GRADE grid to reach decisions on clinical practice guidelines when consensus is elusiveRoman Jaeschke
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8P 3B6
BMJ 337:a744. 2008
- Validation of the National Institutes of Health consensus definition of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaRichard A Ehrenkranz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
Pediatrics 116:1353-60. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the predictive validity of the severity-based, consensus definition of BPD.
- Consensus statement on injury definitions and data collection procedures in studies of football (soccer) injuriesC W Fuller
Centre for Sports Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Br J Sports Med 40:193-201. 2006..Therefore an Injury Consensus Group was established under the auspices of Fédération Internationale de Football Association Medical ..
- Health care for immigrants in Europe: is there still consensus among country experts about principles of good practice? A Delphi studyWalter Deville
International and Migrant Health, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Otterstraat 118 124, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:699. 2011..This study assessed the views and values of professionals working in different health care contexts and in different European countries as to what constitutes good practice in health care for immigrants...
- Definition of drug resistant epilepsy: consensus proposal by the ad hoc Task Force of the ILAE Commission on Therapeutic StrategiesPatrick Kwan
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Epilepsia 51:1069-77. 2010..clinical research, the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) appointed a Task Force to formulate a consensus definition of drug resistant epilepsy...
- UK consensus statement on the content of communication curricula in undergraduate medical educationMartin von Fragstein
School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, University of Nottingham, Derby, UK
Med Educ 42:1100-7. 2008..This paper recommends the key content for an undergraduate communication curriculum. Designed by UK educationalists with UK schools in mind, the recommendations are equally applicable to communication curricula throughout the world...
- Making decisions through a distributed consensusPaul Cisek
Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Dept de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128 Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada
Curr Opin Neurobiol 22:927-36. 2012..in a sensorimotor map defining the actions themselves? Here, I review strengths and limitations of both of these proposals, and suggest that decisions emerge through a distributed consensus across many levels of representation.
- Asian consensus on irritable bowel syndromeKok Ann Gwee
Stomach Liver and Bowel Clinic, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1189-205. 2010....
- A consensus protocol for the standardization of cerebrospinal fluid collection and biobankingC E Teunissen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurology 73:1914-22. 2009..Here, a consensus report on recommendations for CSF collection and biobanking is presented, formed by the BioMS-eu network for CSF ..
- Protocol of the COSMIN study: COnsensus-based Standards for the selection of health Measurement INstrumentsL B Mokkink
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:2. 2006..we describe the protocol for the COSMIN study, the objective of which is to develop a checklist that contains COnsensus-based Standards for the selection of health Measurement INstruments, including explicit criteria for satisfying ..
- Consensus for tinnitus patient assessment and treatment outcome measurement: Tinnitus Research Initiative meeting, Regensburg, July 2006B Langguth
Department of Psychiatry, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Prog Brain Res 166:525-36. 2007..Research Initiative meeting held in Regensburg in July 2006 an attempt was made through workshops to gain a consensus both for patient assessments and for outcome measurements...
- A study of TB-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome using the consensus case-definitionSurendra K Sharma
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 131:804-8. 2010..In view of the recently proposed consensus case-definitions for TB-IRIS for use in resource-limited settings we undertook this study to describe the ..
- Intra- and interobserver reproducibility of vertebral endplate signal (modic) changes in the lumbar spine: the Nordic Modic Consensus Group classificationT S Jensen
Back Research Center, Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, DK 5750 Ringe, Denmark
Acta Radiol 48:748-54. 2007..However, in relation to future research, there is need for a reliable and detailed magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) protocol to be used in the evaluation of vertebral endplate signal changes...
- Meta-analysis of grain yield QTL identified during agricultural drought in grasses showed consensusB P Mallikarjuna Swamy
International Rice Research Institute, DAPO Box 7777, Metro Manila, Philippines
BMC Genomics 12:319. 2011..In this study, an attempt was made to locate consistent QTL regions associated with yield increase under drought by applying a genome-wide QTL meta-analysis approach...
- Consensus: Motor cortex plasticity protocolsUlf Ziemann
Department Neurology, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Brain Stimul 1:164-82. 2008....
- An experimental study of determinants of group judgments in clinical guideline developmentRosalind Raine
Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Lancet 364:429-37. 2004Clinical guidelines for improving the quality of care are a familiar part of clinical practice. Formal consensus methods such as the nominal group technique are often used as part of guideline development, but little is known about ..
- Pregnancy of unknown location: a consensus statement of nomenclature, definitions, and outcomeKurt Barnhart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Fertil Steril 95:857-66. 2011To improve the interpretation of future studies in women who are initially diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location (PUL), we propose a consensus statement with definitions of population, target disease, and final outcome.
- Clinical review: Update on hemodynamic monitoring--a consensus of 16Jean Louis Vincent
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care 15:229. 2011..In this consensus paper, we try to provide some clarification, offering an objective review of the available monitoring systems, ..
- Cost-effectiveness of rotavirus vaccination in the Netherlands; the results of a consensus modelMark H Rozenbaum
Unit of PharmacoEpidemiology and PharmacoEconomics PE2, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:462. 2011..Existing cost-effectiveness studies showed inconsistent results for these vaccines because of lack of consensus on the impact...
- What can we expect of clinical teachers? Establishing consensus on applicable skills, attitudes and practicesPeter J A Yeates
Medical Education and Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 42:134-42. 2008..Despite myriad advances in medical education, we have not yet established a universally accepted set of attributes we can reasonably expect from our teachers...
- Towards consensus in operational definitions in functional capacity evaluation: a Delphi SurveyRemko Soer
Center for Rehabilitation, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
J Occup Rehabil 18:389-400. 2008..This may seriously hinder FCE research and clinical use. To gain consensus in operational definitions in FCE and conceptual framework to classify terminology used in FCE.
- Testing minimal clinically important difference: consensus or conundrum?Robert J Gatchel
Department of Psychology, College of Science, The University of Texas, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Spine J 10:321-7. 2010..A consensus-based decision (Initiative on Methods, Measurement, and Pain Assessment in Clinical Trials [IMMPACT] group) ..
- NetMHCcons: a consensus method for the major histocompatibility complex class I predictionsEdita Karosiene
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Building 208, Kemitorvet, Lyngby, 2800, Denmark
Immunogenetics 64:177-86. 2012..It has, moreover, been demonstrated that consensus methods defined as combinations of two or more different methods led to improved prediction accuracy...
- IMWG consensus on maintenance therapy in multiple myelomaHeinz Ludwig
Department of Medicine I, Center for Oncology and Hematology, Wilhelminenspital, Vienna, Austria
Blood 119:3003-15. 2012..Treatment decisions for individual patients must balance potential benefits and risks carefully, as a widely agreed-on standard is not established...
- Medical ethics and law for doctors of tomorrow: the 1998 Consensus Statement updatedG M Stirrat
Centre for Ethics in Medicine, Hampton House, Cotham Hill, Bristol BS6 6AU, UK
J Med Ethics 36:55-60. 2010..In this paper we set out an updated indicative core content of learning for medical ethics and law in UK medical schools and describe its origins and the consultative process by which it was achieved...
- Consensus statements and recommended clinical procedures regarding the placement of implants in extraction socketsChristoph H F Hammerle
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine and Cranio maxillofacial Surgery, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 19:26-8. 2004
- Leadership, consensus decision making and collective behaviour in humansJohn R G Dyer
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:781-9. 2009..We find that only a small minority of informed individuals is needed to guide a large uninformed group. These studies build upon important theoretical and empirical work on leadership and decision making in animal groups...
- Helping someone with problem drinking: mental health first aid guidelines - a Delphi expert consensus studyAnna H Kingston
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, 35 Poplar Rd Locked Bag 10, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 9:79. 2009..This paper describes the development of mental health first aid guidelines that inform community members on how to help someone who may have, or may be developing, a drinking problem (i.e., alcohol abuse or dependence)...
- Consensus statement from European experts on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of multiple myeloma: from standard therapy to novel approachesMonika Engelhardt
Hematology and Oncology Department, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1424-43. 2010..One of the outcomes of the meeting was the development of a consensus statement outlining contemporary optimal clinical practice for the treatment of MM...
- Impact of perceived consensus on stereotypes about obese people: a new approach for reducing biasRebecca M Puhl
Department of PsychologyYale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8205, USA
Health Psychol 24:517-25. 2005In 3 experiments, the authors tested the effect of perceived social consensus on attitudes toward obese people...
- Development of geriatric competencies for emergency medicine residents using an expert consensus processTeresita M Hogan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Resurrection Medical Center, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:316-24. 2010..Older patients can have complex clinical presentations and be resource-intensive. Evidence indicates that emergency physicians fail to provide consistent high-quality care for elder ED patients, resulting in poor clinical outcomes...
- Drug-eluting stents in preclinical studies: updated consensus recommendations for preclinical evaluationRobert S Schwartz
Minneapolis Heart Institute and Foundation, 920 E 28th Street, Suite 600, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 1:143-53. 2008..An earlier consensus publication enjoyed widespread adoption but is in need of updating...
- Grouping for behavioral and psychological symptoms in dementia: clinical and biological aspects. Consensus paper of the European Alzheimer disease consortiumPhilippe H Robert
Centre Mémoire de Ressources and de Recherche, CHU, Hopital Pasteur, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice cedex 1, France
Eur Psychiatry 20:490-6. 2005..This article is a consensus produced by the behavioral group of the European Alzheimer's Disease Consortium (EADC)...
- An exploration of the use of simple statistics to measure consensus and stability in Delphi studiesElizabeth A Holey
School of Health and Social Care, University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BA, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:52. 2007The criteria for stopping Delphi studies are often subjective. This study aimed to examine whether consensus and stability in the Delphi process can be ascertained by descriptive evaluation of trends in participants' views.
- Consensus Report: 2nd European Workshop on Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation for Oral Health ProfessionalsChristoph A Ramseier
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Int Dent J 60:3-6. 2010..To ensure that the delivery of effective TUC becomes part of standard care, continuing education courses and updates should be implemented and offered to all oral health professionals on a regular basis...
- Development of mental health first aid guidelines on how a member of the public can support a person affected by a traumatic event: a Delphi studyClaire M Kelly
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 10:49. 2010..However, few people have the knowledge and skills required to assist. Simple guidelines may help members of the public to offer appropriate support when it is needed...
- European consensus guidelines on the management of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in preterm infants - 2010 updateDavid G Sweet
Regional Neonatal Unit, Royal Maternity Hospital, Belfast, UK
Neonatology 97:402-17. 2010..We report the updated recommendations of a European panel of expert neonatologists who had developed consensus guidelines after critical examination of the most up-to-date evidence in 2007...
- Elderly patients with dementia-related symptoms of severe agitation and aggression: consensus statement on treatment options, clinical trials methodology, and policyCarl Salzman
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:889-98. 2008..In 2005, the FDA issued a black box warning regarding increased risk of mortality associated with the use of atypical antipsychotic drugs in this patient population...
- Comparative analysis of risk factors for acute graft-versus-host disease and for chronic graft-versus-host disease according to National Institutes of Health consensus criteriaMary E D Flowers
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA and
Blood 117:3214-9. 2011..2-4 acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) and for chronic GVHD as defined by National Institutes of Health consensus criteria were evaluated and compared in 2941 recipients of first allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation ..
- Minimal neuropsychological assessment of MS patients: a consensus approachRalph H B Benedict
Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 16:381-97. 2002..In part, poor utilization of NP services may be attributed to a lack of consensus among neuropsychologists regarding the optimal approach for evaluating MS patients...
- Mental health in the aftermath of disasters: consensus and controversyMitchell G Weiss
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:611-5. 2003
- Emergency department crowding: consensus development of potential measuresLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Medical Group and Clinics and HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55440 1524, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:824-34. 2003..We identify measures of emergency department (ED) and hospital workflow that would be of value in understanding, monitoring, and managing crowding...
- The evolving face of human immunodeficiency virus-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: defining a consensus terminologyPaola Cinque
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
J Neurovirol 9:88-92. 2003..A standard patient classification would be helpful for clinical management of PML patients, for their inclusion in clinical studies, and also will increase our current knowledge of PML and its evolution in relation with HAART...
- Towards evidence-based clinical practice: an international survey of 18 clinical guideline programsJako S Burgers
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Qual Health Care 15:31-45. 2003..To describe systematically the structures and working methods of guideline programs...
- Consensus paper of the WFSBP Task Force on Biological Markers: biological markers in depressionRainald Mossner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 8:141-74. 2007....
- The MATRICS initiative: developing a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trialsMichael F Green
Schizophr Res 72:1-3. 2004
- Management of the child born small for gestational age through to adulthood: a consensus statement of the International Societies of Pediatric Endocrinology and the Growth Hormone Research SocietyP E Clayton
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:804-10. 2007..A meeting was convened to identify the key health issues facing a child born small for gestational age (SGA) and to propose management strategies...
- Consensus Dutch health assessment questionnaireM Boers
Ann Rheum Dis 66:132-3. 2007
- The American Journal of Cardiology and Journal of Periodontology editors' consensus: periodontitis and atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseaseVincent E Friedewald
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, USA
J Periodontol 80:1021-32. 2009This Editors' Consensus is supported by an educational grant from Colgate-Palmolive, Inc., New York, New York, and is based on a meeting of the authors held in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 9, 2009.
- Expert consensus (SBC/SBHCI) on the use of drug-eluting stents: recommendations of the Brazilian society of interventional cardiology/ Brazilian society of cardiology for the Brazilian public single healthcare systemValter C Lima
Sociedade Brasileira de Hemodinâmica e Cardiologia Intervencionista, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:e162-7. 2006....
- LHRH agonists in prostate cancer: frequency of treatment, serum testosterone measurement and castrate level: consensus opinion from a roundtable discussionIgle Jan de Jong
Department of Urology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1077-80. 2007..LHRH agonists have become widely used in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- Ethno-veterinary uses and informants consensus factor of medicinal plants of Sariska region, Rajasthan, IndiaBhuvaneshwar Upadhyay
PG School of Biotechnology, Department of Botany, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
J Ethnopharmacol 133:14-25. 2011..India to identify the important species used for ethno-veterinary medicine; finding out methods for various ethno-veterinary medicine preparations, and calculate the informant consensus factor (ICF) in relation to medicinal plant use.
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: consensus statement of 3 German Oncology societiesRolf Sauer
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Cancer 110:1187-94. 2007..Whereas the indications for systemic adjuvant treatment have continuously expanded, there is a tendency to restrict postoperative radiotherapy to accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) instead of WBRT...
- The McGill Consensus Statement on Overdentures. Mandibular 2-implant overdentures as first choice standard of care for edentulous patientsJ Mark Thomason
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 10:95-6. 2002
- The definition of polytrauma: the need for international consensusNerida Butcher
Department of Traumatology, Division of Surgery, John Hunter Hospital and University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Injury 40:S12-22. 2009..A universally accepted definition for polytrauma is vital for comparing datasets and conducting multicentre trials. The purpose of this review is to identify and evaluate the published definitions of the term "polytrauma"...
- BNP Consensus Panel 2004: A clinical approach for the diagnostic, prognostic, screening, treatment monitoring, and therapeutic roles of natriuretic peptides in cardiovascular diseasesMarc A Silver
Department of Medicine and Heart Failure Institute, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, IL 60453 2600, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:1-30. 2004..More importantly, a summary updating and guiding the clinician on most of these advances was lacking. An expert Consensus Panel with basic, methodological, and clinical expertise was convened to summarize current knowledge in these ..
- Consensus on current clinical practice of virtual colonoscopyMatthew A Barish
Department of Radiology, 3D and Image Processing Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:786-92. 2005The purpose of our study was to determine the current opinions regarding the performance, interpretation, reporting, and clinical role of virtual colonoscopy among a group of selected experts to develop a consensus statement.
- British Association for Psychopharmacology consensus statement on evidence-based treatment of insomnia, parasomnias and circadian rhythm disordersS J Wilson
Psychopharmacology Unit, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Psychopharmacol 24:1577-601. 2010..A consensus meeting was held in London in May 2009...
- American Society of Echocardiography Consensus Statement on the Clinical Applications of Ultrasonic Contrast Agents in EchocardiographySharon L Mulvagh
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1179-201; quiz 1281. 2008..Disclosure of faculty and commercial support sponsor relationships, if any, have been indicated...
- Quality appraisal of clinical practice guidelines and consensus statements on the use of biologic agents in rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic reviewMaria A Lopez-Olivo
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:1625-38. 2008To evaluate the quality of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) and consensus statements (CS) for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) antagonists.
- Behavioral dynamics and influence in networked coloring and consensusStephen Judd
Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania, Levine Hall, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14978-82. 2010We report on human-subject experiments on the problems of coloring (a social differentiation task) and consensus (a social agreement task) in a networked setting...
- Combining quantitative and qualitative research to engage stakeholders in developing quality indicators in general practiceDavid Jeacocke
Aust Health Rev 25:12-8. 2002..quantitative and qualitative research methods (including a Delphi style survey) were combined to investigate consensus amongst stakeholders in defining quality indicators. Over 500 general practice stakeholders were consulted...
- A Role of Novel Serpin Maspinin Prostate Tumor/Bone InteractionShijie Sheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 3 is to investigate the regulation of uPA/uPAR by maspin in PC/bone interaction. Despite the consensus that uPA and uPAR are potential therapeutic targets in PC metastasis, there is no uPA- or uPAR-targeting drug ..
- Galectin-3 in regulation of allergic skin inflammationFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Galectin-3 is a member of a family of animal lectins defined by their affinity for 2-galactosides and consensus sequences. It is expressed by a number of cell types, including epithelial cells and various leukocytes...
- ANTIGENIC DETERMINANTS OF VARICELLA VIRUSCharles Grose; Fiscal Year: 2006..active VZV ORF47 protein serine kinase led to the discovery that the viral kinase has a similar phosphorylation consensus motif to that of casein kinase II...
- Galectin-3 in regulation of allergic skin inflammationFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Galectin-3 is a member of a family of animal lectins defined by their affinity for 2-galactosides and consensus sequences. It is expressed by a number of cell types, including epithelial cells and various leukocytes...
- Digestive Enzymes and Microvascular Inflammation in ShockGEERT W SCHMID SCHOENBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..A powerful inflammatory cascade accompanies shock, but there is no consensus for the trigger mechanisms of the inflammation...
- Novel vaccine against NorovirusXi Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of NVs for developing a broadly reactive vaccine based on defined antigenic types (serotypes) with a cocktail or consensus vaccine approach...
- Perceptions of Social Risk in Medical Child Abuse EvaluationHeather T Keenan; Fiscal Year: 2010..child's evaluation or diagnosis is changed by the physician's risk perception;and (3) to create three consensus evaluations to act as comparators to the physician's evaluations...
- Mechanisms of viral proteases in coronavirus replication and pathogenesisAndrew D Mesecar; Fiscal Year: 2010..We showed that PLpro processes the replicase polyprotein at three sites using a consensus recognition site of LXGG, similar to the consensus sequence recognized by de-ubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs)...
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2009..A recent American Society of Clinical Oncology expert consensus panel recommended that all postmenopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer ..
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda L Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2010..A recent American Society of Clinical Oncology expert consensus panel recommended that all postmenopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer ..
- DIETARY COMPOSITION, OBESITY, AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISKERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Obesity increases CHD risk by adversely affecting glucose, lipoproteins, and blood pressure. There is consensus that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol (C) restriction is beneficial for low density lipoprotein (LDL) ..
- Structural Studies of RNA Maturation and ProcessingChristopher D Lima; Fiscal Year: 2010..II) after it is phosphorylated on serine residues within its C-terminal tandem heptapeptide repeats with the consensus sequence Y1S2P3T4S5P6S7...
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation and allergic diseases in childIsabelle Romieu; Fiscal Year: 2009Many studies have investigated risk factors for asthma and allergic diseases; however there is little consensus on modifiable risk factors...
- MECHANISM OF PRE-MRNA SPLICINGMAGDA KONARSKA; Fiscal Year: 2009..splice site (5'SS), branch site (BS) and the 3' splice site (3'SS), adhere to the conserved consensus; sequence deviations from this consensus often result in inhibition of splicing or aberrant splicing events...
- Ethical & Methodological Standards for Trials of Invasive Therapeutic ProceduresCarol M Ashton; Fiscal Year: 2010..This 3-year project will produce a set of consensus standards for good research practice that would have to be met to design and conduct methodologically valid and ..
- RESCUE: Randomized Evaluation of Patients with Stable Angina Comparing UtilizatioArthur E Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This was highlighted by its inclusion in the Consensus Report on Initial National Priorities for Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) issued by the Institute of ..
- HEPARIN-PROTEIN/PEPTIDE INTERACTIONSRobert Linhardt; Fiscal Year: 2000..and some experimental data predict that heparin-binding proteins contain specific patterns of basic amino acids (consensus sequences) with high affinity for acidic oligosaccharides...
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation and allergic diseases in childIsabelle Romieu; Fiscal Year: 2010Many studies have investigated risk factors for asthma and allergic diseases;however there is little consensus on modifiable risk factors...
- Development of Listeria-Based Clinical Consensus HCV Vaccine CandidatesThomas Dubensky; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have defined an HCV consensus sequence for the most common HCV genotype in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia and have shown that it ..
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT)--UNC Clinical CenterDaniel Shugars; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT)--Study Chair applicationJames Bader; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT): UAB Clinical CenterGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT) UTHSC San Antonio Clinical CenterBennett Amaechi; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT) Data Coordinating CenterWilliam Vollmer; Fiscal Year: 2007
- GRADE - Moving Towards a Consensus on a Consistent Approach to Grading EvidenceYngve Falck Ytter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aims: The goal of the proposed GRADE workshop is to reach a consensus among guideline developers/systematic reviewers: Discuss the GRADE system with organizations in the U.S...
- EIAV Envelope Variation and Vaccine EfficacyRonald C Montelaro; Fiscal Year: 2010..vaccine immunity, and (iii) to develop and evaluate novel immunization procedures using multivalent and consensus Env immunogens for their ability to elicit broadly protective immunity to diverse EIAV strains...
- MECHANISM OF PRE-MRNA SPLICINGMAGDA KONARSKA; Fiscal Year: 2010..5'splice site (5'SS), branch site (BS) and the 3'splice site (3'SS), adhere to the conserved consensus;sequence deviations from this consensus often result in inhibition of splicing or aberrant splicing events...
- INVASION & ADHESION OF PERIOPATHOGENSPaula Fives Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1993..The 1989 consensus report of the Proceedings of the Bacteroides gingivalis were implicated most frequently...
- PREDICTING FETAL ACIDEMIA WITH INTRAPARTUM ELECTRONIC FETAL HEART RATE MONITORINGGeorge A Macones; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. in 2005. At a joint consensus conference in May of 2008 sponsored by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the ..
- Environmental/Behavioral Factors Shaping Circumcision Decisions in ZimbabweDaniel Montano; Fiscal Year: 2009..has been clearly demonstrated to substantially reduce female to male transmission of HIV, and there is evolving consensus that MC should be included as a strategy in comprehensive HIV prevention programs (WHO/UNAIDS, 2006; WHO/UNAIDS, ..
- Environmental/Behavioral Factors Shaping Circumcision Decisions in ZimbabweDaniel E Montano; Fiscal Year: 2010..has been clearly demonstrated to substantially reduce female to male transmission of HIV, and there is evolving consensus that MC should be included as a strategy in comprehensive HIV prevention programs (WHO/UNAIDS, 2006;WHO/UNAIDS, ..
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..requests support for a conference entitled, "The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 years post-NIH Consensus Conference"...
- Efficacy Measures for Pediatric Lupus StudiesHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..following specific aims: 1) To develop and prospectively validate criteria of disease flare by a combination of consensus formation methodology and statistical approaches as is recommended by the American College of Rheumatology ..
- Managing Incidental Findings and Research Results in Genomic Biobanks and ArchiveSusan Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2009..biobanks and archived datasets? We will convene a multidisciplinary Working Group in order to develop normative consensus recommendations on managing IFs and IRRs in genomic research using biobanks and large archives...