Genomes and Genes
Summary: General agreement or collective opinion; the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned.
Publications320 found, 100 shown here
- GRADE: an emerging consensus on rating quality of evidence and strength of recommendationsGordon H Guyatt
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
BMJ 336:924-6. 2008
- Metabolic syndrome--a new world-wide definition. A Consensus Statement from the International Diabetes FederationK G M M Alberti
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK and International Diabetes Institute, Caulfield, Australia
Diabet Med 23:469-80. 2006..An additional aim was to highlight areas where more research into the MetS is needed...
- The behavior change technique taxonomy (v1) of 93 hierarchically clustered techniques: building an international consensus for the reporting of behavior change interventionsSusan Michie
Centre for Outcomes Research Effectiveness, Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HB, UK
Ann Behav Med 46:81-95. 2013..CONSORT guidelines call for precise reporting of behavior change interventions: we need rigorous methods of characterizing active content of interventions with precision and specificity...
- Expert consensus document on arterial stiffness: methodological issues and clinical applicationsStephane Laurent
Department of Pharmacology and Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM U652, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 27:2588-605. 2006....
- Development of a common outcome data set for fall injury prevention trials: the Prevention of Falls Network Europe consensusSarah E Lamb
Warwick Emergency Care and Rehabilitation, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1618-22. 2005..Work is being undertaken in a 4-year program. As a first step, the development of a common set of outcome definitions and measures for future trials or meta-analysis was considered...
- OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, Part II: OARSI evidence-based, expert consensus guidelinesW Zhang
University of Edinburgh, Osteoarticular Research Group, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:137-62. 2008To develop concise, patient-focussed, up to date, evidence-based, expert consensus recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis (OA), which are adaptable and designed to assist physicians and allied health care ..
- The COSMIN study reached international consensus on taxonomy, terminology, and definitions of measurement properties for health-related patient-reported outcomesLidwine B Mokkink
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 63:737-45. 2010Lack of consensus on taxonomy, terminology, and definitions has led to confusion about which measurement properties are relevant and which concepts they represent...
- Uninformed individuals promote democratic consensus in animal groupsIain D Couzin
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Science 334:1578-80. 2011Conflicting interests among group members are common when making collective decisions, yet failure to achieve consensus can be costly...
- Definition and classification of cancer cachexia: an international consensusKenneth Fearon
Clinical and Surgical Sciences, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:489-95. 2011..a framework for the definition and classification of cancer cachexia a panel of experts participated in a formal consensus process, including focus groups and two Delphi rounds...
- Molecular subgroups of medulloblastoma: the current consensusMichael D Taylor
Division of Neurosurgery, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 123:465-72. 2012..Variations in the number, composition, and nature of the subgroups between studies brought about a consensus conference in Boston in the fall of 2010...
- Sarcopenia: an undiagnosed condition in older adults. Current consensus definition: prevalence, etiology, and consequences. International working group on sarcopeniaRoger A Fielding
Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, and Sarcopenia Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:249-56. 2011..geriatricians and scientists from academia and industry met in Rome, Italy, on November 18, 2009, to arrive at a consensus definition of sarcopenia...
- How to diagnose diastolic heart failure: a consensus statement on the diagnosis of heart failure with normal left ventricular ejection fraction by the Heart Failure and Echocardiography Associations of the European Society of CardiologyWalter J Paulus
Laboratory of Physiology, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat, 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 28:2539-50. 2007..The updated strategies for the diagnosis and exclusion of HFNEF are useful not only for individual patient management but also for patient recruitment in future clinical trials exploring therapies for HFNEF...
- National Institutes of Health consensus development project on criteria for clinical trials in chronic graft-versus-host disease: I. Diagnosis and staging working group reportAlexandra H Filipovich
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:945-56. 2005This consensus document is intended to serve 3 functions. First, it standardizes the criteria for diagnosis of chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)...
- Myocardial T1 mapping and extracellular volume quantification: a Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) and CMR Working Group of the European Society of Cardiology consensus statementJames C Moon
The Heart Hospital, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:92. 2013..for clinical and research T1 and ECV measurement, based on published evidence when available and expert consensus when not...
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis: International Consensus CriteriaB M Carruthers
Department of Physiology and Medicine, Vrije University of Brussels, Himmunitas Foundation, Brussels, Belgium
J Intern Med 270:327-38. 2011..3). Consequently, an International Consensus Panel consisting of clinicians, researchers, teaching faculty and an independent patient advocate was formed ..
- Consensus nomenclature for in vivo imaging of reversibly binding radioligandsRobert B Innis
National Institute of Mental Health, Molecular Imaging Branch, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1533-9. 2007An international group of experts in pharmacokinetic modeling recommends a consensus nomenclature to describe in vivo molecular imaging of reversibly binding radioligands.
- The ABC of Physical Activity for Health: a consensus statement from the British Association of Sport and Exercise SciencesGary O'Donovan
School of Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
J Sports Sci 28:573-91. 2010..Children and young people aged 5-16 years should accumulate at least 60 min of moderate-to-vigorous-intensity aerobic activity per day, including vigorous-intensity aerobic activities that improve bone density and muscle strength...
- Phenotype and function of human T lymphocyte subsets: consensus and issuesVictor Appay
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, INSERM U543, Avenir Group, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, 75013 Paris, France
Cytometry A 73:975-83. 2008..Several points of consensus and discord were highlighted in the work presented during this session...
- Consensus paper: roles of the cerebellum in motor control--the diversity of ideas on cerebellar involvement in movementMario Manto
Unité d Etude du Mouvement, FNRS, ULB Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, Brussels, Belgium
Cerebellum 11:457-87. 2012..In this consensus paper, we discuss the literature on the role of the cerebellar circuitry in motor control, bringing together a ..
- The neurobiology of decision: consensus and controversyJoseph W Kable
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuron 63:733-45. 2009..Neurobiological studies of decision making are beginning to enhance our understanding of economic and social behavior as well as our understanding of significant health disorders where people's behavior plays a key role...
- Definition of drug resistant epilepsy: consensus proposal by the ad hoc Task Force of the ILAE Commission on Therapeutic StrategiesPatrick Kwan
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Epilepsia 51:1069-77. 2010..clinical research, the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) appointed a Task Force to formulate a consensus definition of drug resistant epilepsy...
- Sarcopenia with limited mobility: an international consensusJohn E Morley
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine and GRECC, VA Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:403-9. 2011A consensus conference convened by the Society of Sarcopenia, Cachexia and Wasting Disorders has concluded that "Sarcopenia, ie, reduced muscle mass, with limited mobility" should be considered an important clinical entity and that most ..
- Guidelines for preclinical animal research in ALS/MND: A consensus meetingAlbert C Ludolph
Department of Neurology, University of Ulm, Germany
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 11:38-45. 2010..A second international conference to improve the guidelines was held in 2009. These second and improved guidelines are dedicated to the memory of Sean F. Scott...
- European consensus statement on diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD: The European Network Adult ADHDSandra J J Kooij
PsyQ, psycho medische programma s, Department Adult ADHD, Carel Reinierszkade 197, Den Haag, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 10:67. 2010..The evidence on persistence poses several difficulties for adult psychiatry considering the lack of expertise for diagnostic assessment, limited treatment options and patient facilities across Europe...
- Consensus definition of sarcopenia, cachexia and pre-cachexia: joint document elaborated by Special Interest Groups (SIG) "cachexia-anorexia in chronic wasting diseases" and "nutrition in geriatrics"M Muscaritoli
Department of Clinical Medicine, La Sapienza, University of Rome, Viale dell Universita, 37, Rome 00185, Italy
Clin Nutr 29:154-9. 2010..The definition, the assessment and the staging of cachexia, were identified as a priority by the SIG. This consensus paper reports the definition of cachexia, pre-cachexia and sarcopenia as well as the criteria for the ..
- Remission in schizophrenia: proposed criteria and rationale for consensusNancy C Andreasen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:441-9. 2005..have increased interest on the part of patients, families, advocates, and professionals in the development of consensus-defined standards for clinical status and improvement, including illness remission and recovery...
- The Delphi technique: myths and realitiesCatherine Powell
Lecturer in Child Health Nursing, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
J Adv Nurs 41:376-82. 2003..To outline the key concepts and principles of the Delphi technique...
- International consensus guidelines on the management of cytomegalovirus in solid organ transplantationCamille N Kotton
Transplant and Immunocompromised Host Infectious Diseases, Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 89:779-95. 2010..by The Infectious Diseases Section of The Transplantation Society to develop evidence and expert opinion-based consensus guidelines on CMV management including diagnostics, immunology, prevention, treatment, drug resistance, and ..
- Animal models of human prostate cancer: the consensus report of the New York meeting of the Mouse Models of Human Cancers Consortium Prostate Pathology CommitteeMichael Ittmann
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 73:2718-36. 2013....
- Validation of the National Institutes of Health consensus definition of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaRichard A Ehrenkranz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
Pediatrics 116:1353-60. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine the predictive validity of the severity-based, consensus definition of BPD.
- Chapel Hill bisphenol A expert panel consensus statement: integration of mechanisms, effects in animals and potential to impact human health at current levels of exposureFrederick S vom Saal
Reprod Toxicol 24:131-8. 2007
- The expert consensus guideline series: adherence problems in patients with serious and persistent mental illnessDawn I Velligan
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1-46; quiz 47-8. 2009..Poor adherence to medication treatment can have devastating consequences for patients with mental illness. The goal of this project was to develop recommendations for addressing adherence problems to improve patient outcomes...
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation consensus statement from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)Benjamin D Smith
Radiation Oncology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:987-1001. 2009..To present guidance for patients and physicians regarding the use of accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI), based on current published evidence complemented by expert opinion...
- Optimisation of breast cancer management in low-resource and middle-resource countries: executive summary of the Breast Health Global Initiative consensus, 2010Benjamin O Anderson
Breast Health Global Initiative, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:387-98. 2011The purpose of the Breast Health Global Initiative (BHGI) 2010 summit was to provide a consensus analysis of breast cancer control issues and implementation strategies for low-income and middle-income countries (LMCs), where advanced ..
- European consensus guidelines on the management of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in preterm infants--2013 updateDavid G Sweet
Regional Neonatal Unit, Royal Maternity Hospital, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Neonatology 103:353-68. 2013..We report updated recommendations of a European Panel of expert neonatologists who developed consensus guidelines after critical examination of the most up-to-date evidence in 2007 and 2010...
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan: Consensus-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines proposed by the Japan Society of Hepatology (JSH) 2010 updated versionMasatoshi Kudo
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan m kudo med kindai ac jp
Dig Dis 29:339-64. 2011..Based on both 'evidence-based' guidelines and the consensus of an expert panel on HCC, the Japan Society of Hepatology (JSH) published the Consensus-Based Clinical Practice ..
- Executive summary--Biomarkers of Nutrition for Development: Building a ConsensusDaniel J Raiten
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 94:633S-50S. 2011..Health and Human Services, organized a conference entitled "Biomarkers of Nutrition for Development: Building a Consensus," which was hosted by the International Atomic Energy Agency...
- International consensus classification of hippocampal sclerosis in temporal lobe epilepsy: a Task Force report from the ILAE Commission on Diagnostic MethodsIngmar Blumcke
Department of Neuropathology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Epilepsia 54:1315-29. 2013..However, no international consensus about definitions and terminology has been achieved...
- The MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery, part 1: test selection, reliability, and validityKeith H Nuechterlein
Department of Psychology, UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, 300 Medical Plaza, Rm 2251, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:203-13. 2008..Measurement and Treatment Research to Improve Cognition in Schizophrenia (MATRICS) initiative was to develop a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trials of cognition-enhancing treatments for schizophrenia through a broadly ..
- Towards a pan-European consensus on the treatment of patients with colorectal liver metastasesEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Digestive Oncology Unit, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 42:2212-21. 2006....
- Consensus on women's health aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): the Amsterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored 3rd PCOS Consensus Workshop GroupBart C J M Fauser
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 97:28-38.e25. 2012..Two widely cited previous ESHRE/ASRM sponsored PCOS consensus workshops focused on diagnosis (published in 2004) and infertility management (published in 2008), respectively...
- Protocol of the COSMIN study: COnsensus-based Standards for the selection of health Measurement INstrumentsL B Mokkink
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:2. 2006..we describe the protocol for the COSMIN study, the objective of which is to develop a checklist that contains COnsensus-based Standards for the selection of health Measurement INstruments, including explicit criteria for satisfying ..
- Consulting the oracle: ten lessons from using the Delphi technique in nursing researchSinead Keeney
Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Nursing Research, University of Ulster, Belfast, UK
J Adv Nurs 53:205-12. 2006..The aim of this paper was to provide insight into the Delphi technique by outlining our personal experiences during its use over a 10-year period in a variety of applications...
- International consensus report on the investigation and management of primary immune thrombocytopeniaDrew Provan
Department of Haematology, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Blood 115:168-86. 2010..This consensus document aims to report on new data and provide consensus-based recommendations relating to diagnosis and ..
- Late presentation of HIV infection: a consensus definitionA Antinori
National Institute for Infectious Diseases, Lazzaro Spallanzani, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
HIV Med 12:61-4. 2011..The objective of this article is to present a consensus definition of late presentation of HIV infection.
- A consensus protocol for the standardization of cerebrospinal fluid collection and biobankingC E Teunissen
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurology 73:1914-22. 2009..Here, a consensus report on recommendations for CSF collection and biobanking is presented, formed by the BioMS-eu network for CSF ..
- European consensus guidelines on the management of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome in preterm infants - 2010 updateDavid G Sweet
Regional Neonatal Unit, Royal Maternity Hospital, Belfast, UK
Neonatology 97:402-17. 2010..We report the updated recommendations of a European panel of expert neonatologists who had developed consensus guidelines after critical examination of the most up-to-date evidence in 2007...
- The OSCAR-IB consensus criteria for retinal OCT quality assessmentPrejaas Tewarie
MS Centre Amsterdam, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e34823. 2012..In order to become validated as an outcome measure in multicenter studies, reliable quality control (QC) criteria with high inter-rater agreement are required...
- Clinical review: Update on hemodynamic monitoring--a consensus of 16Jean Louis Vincent
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care 15:229. 2011..In this consensus paper, we try to provide some clarification, offering an objective review of the available monitoring systems, ..
- Phenomenology and classification of dystonia: a consensus updateAlberto Albanese
Department of Neurology, Catholic University, Milan, Italy
Mov Disord 28:863-73. 2013This report describes the consensus outcome of an international panel consisting of investigators with years of experience in this field that reviewed the definition and classification of dystonia...
- Consensus guidelines for the management of patients with digestive neuroendocrine tumours: well-differentiated tumour/carcinoma of the appendix and goblet cell carcinomaUrsula Plockinger
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Berlin, Germany
Neuroendocrinology 87:20-30. 2008
- An illustrated consensus on the classification of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmsRalph H Hruban
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 401 N Broadway, Weinberg 2242, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:977-87. 2004..We present a consensus classification of the precursor lesions in the pancreatic ducts, PanINs and IPMNs.
- Consensus criteria for the diagnosis of frontotemporal cognitive and behavioural syndromes in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisMichael J Strong
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 10:131-46. 2009....
- An international consensus survey of diagnostic criteria for macrophage activation syndrome in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritisSergio Davì
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
J Rheumatol 38:764-8. 2011To identify candidate diagnostic criteria for macrophage activation syndrome (MAS) complicating systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (sJIA) using international consensus formation through a Delphi questionnaire survey.
- Consensus guidelines for the management of patients with digestive neuroendocrine tumours: well-differentiated colon and rectum tumour/carcinomaJohn K Ramage
Department of Gastroenterology, North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke, UK
Neuroendocrinology 87:31-9. 2008
- Pathologic nodal evaluation improves prognostic accuracy in Merkel cell carcinoma: analysis of 5823 cases as the basis of the first consensus staging systemBianca D Lemos
Department of Medicine Dermatology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:751-61. 2010..The management of Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) has been complicated by a lack of detailed prognostic data and by the presence of conflicting staging systems...
- Consensus decision making by fishDavid J T Sumpter
Department of Mathematics, Uppsala University, Box 480, 751 06 Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Biol 18:1773-7. 2008Decisions reached through consensus are often more accurate, because they efficiently utilize the diverse information possessed by group members [1-3]...
- UK consensus statement on the content of communication curricula in undergraduate medical educationMartin von Fragstein
School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, University of Nottingham, Derby, UK
Med Educ 42:1100-7. 2008..This paper recommends the key content for an undergraduate communication curriculum. Designed by UK educationalists with UK schools in mind, the recommendations are equally applicable to communication curricula throughout the world...
- Clinical significance of patient-reported questionnaire data: another step toward consensusJeff A Sloan
J Clin Epidemiol 58:1217-9. 2005
- Developing clinical guidelines: a challenge to current methodsRosalind Raine
Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT
BMJ 331:631-3. 2005
- Meta-analysis of grain yield QTL identified during agricultural drought in grasses showed consensusB P Mallikarjuna Swamy
International Rice Research Institute, DAPO Box 7777, Metro Manila, Philippines
BMC Genomics 12:319. 2011..In this study, an attempt was made to locate consistent QTL regions associated with yield increase under drought by applying a genome-wide QTL meta-analysis approach...
- Consensus statement on injury definitions and data collection procedures in studies of football (soccer) injuriesC W Fuller
Centre for Sports Medicine, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Br J Sports Med 40:193-201. 2006..Therefore an Injury Consensus Group was established under the auspices of Fédération Internationale de Football Association Medical ..
- Use of GRADE grid to reach decisions on clinical practice guidelines when consensus is elusiveRoman Jaeschke
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8P 3B6
BMJ 337:a744. 2008
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: a consensus review of clinical care for patients undergoing colonic resectionK C H Fearon
Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, The University of Edinburgh, Royal Infirmary, 51 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SA, UK
Clin Nutr 24:466-77. 2005..There is a need to develop a consensus on key elements of perioperative care for inclusion in enhanced recovery programmes so that these can be widely ..
- Consensus-based reporting standards for diagnostic test accuracy studies for paratuberculosis in ruminantsIan A Gardner
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Prev Vet Med 101:18-34. 2011..Examples and elaborations for each of the 25 items were developed by a panel of experts using a consensus-based approach to explain the items and underlying concepts...
- An evidence-based consensus for the classification of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (Glomeromycota)Dirk Redecker
Université de Bourgogne Inra, UMR 1347 Agroécologie, 17 rue Sully, BP 86510, 21000, Dijon, France
Mycorrhiza 23:515-31. 2013..The proposed "consensus" will provide a framework for additional original research aimed at clarifying the evolutionary history of this ..
- 2010 Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) consensus statement on clinical trials in ovarian cancer: report from the Fourth Ovarian Cancer Consensus ConferenceGavin C E Stuart
NCIC CTG, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:750-5. 20112010 Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) consensus statement on clinical trials in ovarian cancer. This report provides the outcomes from the Fourth Ovarian Cancer Consensus Conference.
- Toward excellence in testosterone testing: a consensus statementWilliam Rosner
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10019, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:4542-8. 2010..A group of concerned stakeholders was convened to address this problem...
- Radiofrequency ablation of benign thyroid nodules and recurrent thyroid cancers: consensus statement and recommendationsDong Gyu Na
Department of Radiology, Human Medical Imaging and Intervention Center, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 13:117-25. 2012..These recommendations are based on a comprehensive analysis of the current literature, the results of multicenter studies, and expert consensus.
- How do the ASTRO consensus statement guidelines for the application of accelerated partial breast irradiation fit intraoperative radiotherapy? A retrospective analysis of patients treated at the European Institute of OncologyMaria Cristina Leonardi
Division of Radiation Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:806-13. 2012To verify how the classification according to the American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) consensus statement (CS) for the application of accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) fits patients treated with ..
- Report on the inaugural meeting of the International Consortium on Hallucination Research: a clinical and research update and 16 consensus-set goals for future researchFlavie Waters
Centre for Clinical Research in Neuropsychiatry, Graylands Hospital, Mail Bag No 1, Claremont, Perth 6910, Western Australia
Schizophr Bull 38:258-62. 2012..Concerted and coordinated actions will be required to make substantial research progress...
- Standardization of preanalytical aspects of cerebrospinal fluid biomarker testing for Alzheimer's disease diagnosis: a consensus paper from the Alzheimer's Biomarkers Standardization InitiativeHugo Vanderstichele
Innogenetics NV, Ghent, Belgium
Alzheimers Dement 8:65-73. 2012..Variability in concentrations for Aβ(1-42), T-tau, and P-tau(181P) drives the need for standardization...
- Management of pediatric ulcerative colitis: joint ECCO and ESPGHAN evidence-based consensus guidelinesDan Turner
Shaare Zedek Medical Center, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:340-61. 2012..guidelines for managing UC in children based on a systematic review (SR) of the literature and a robust consensus process...
- IMWG consensus on maintenance therapy in multiple myelomaHeinz Ludwig
Department of Medicine I, Center for Oncology and Hematology, Wilhelminenspital, Vienna, Austria
Blood 119:3003-15. 2012..Treatment decisions for individual patients must balance potential benefits and risks carefully, as a widely agreed-on standard is not established...
- European consensus conference on diagnosis and treatment of germ cell cancer: a report of the second meeting of the European Germ Cell Cancer Consensus group (EGCCCG): part ISusanne Krege
Department of Urology, Krankenhaus Maria Hilf, Krefeld, Germany
Eur Urol 53:478-96. 2008The first consensus report presented by the European Germ Cell Cancer Consensus Group (EGCCCG) in the year 2004 has found widespread approval by many colleagues throughout the world...
- Health care for immigrants in Europe: is there still consensus among country experts about principles of good practice? A Delphi studyWalter Deville
International and Migrant Health, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Otterstraat 118 124, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:699. 2011..This study assessed the views and values of professionals working in different health care contexts and in different European countries as to what constitutes good practice in health care for immigrants...
- Making decisions through a distributed consensusPaul Cisek
Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Dept de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128 Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada
Curr Opin Neurobiol 22:927-36. 2012..in a sensorimotor map defining the actions themselves? Here, I review strengths and limitations of both of these proposals, and suggest that decisions emerge through a distributed consensus across many levels of representation.
- Asian consensus on irritable bowel syndromeKok Ann Gwee
Stomach Liver and Bowel Clinic, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1189-205. 2010....
- Intra- and interobserver reproducibility of vertebral endplate signal (modic) changes in the lumbar spine: the Nordic Modic Consensus Group classificationT S Jensen
Back Research Center, Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, DK 5750 Ringe, Denmark
Acta Radiol 48:748-54. 2007..However, in relation to future research, there is need for a reliable and detailed magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) protocol to be used in the evaluation of vertebral endplate signal changes...
- Consensus for tinnitus patient assessment and treatment outcome measurement: Tinnitus Research Initiative meeting, Regensburg, July 2006B Langguth
Department of Psychiatry, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Prog Brain Res 166:525-36. 2007..Research Initiative meeting held in Regensburg in July 2006 an attempt was made through workshops to gain a consensus both for patient assessments and for outcome measurements...
- A study of TB-associated immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome using the consensus case-definitionSurendra K Sharma
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 131:804-8. 2010..In view of the recently proposed consensus case-definitions for TB-IRIS for use in resource-limited settings we undertook this study to describe the ..
- Consensus: Motor cortex plasticity protocolsUlf Ziemann
Department Neurology, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Brain Stimul 1:164-82. 2008....
- An experimental study of determinants of group judgments in clinical guideline developmentRosalind Raine
Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Lancet 364:429-37. 2004Clinical guidelines for improving the quality of care are a familiar part of clinical practice. Formal consensus methods such as the nominal group technique are often used as part of guideline development, but little is known about ..
- Pregnancy of unknown location: a consensus statement of nomenclature, definitions, and outcomeKurt Barnhart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Fertil Steril 95:857-66. 2011To improve the interpretation of future studies in women who are initially diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location (PUL), we propose a consensus statement with definitions of population, target disease, and final outcome.
- Towards consensus in operational definitions in functional capacity evaluation: a Delphi SurveyRemko Soer
Center for Rehabilitation, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
J Occup Rehabil 18:389-400. 2008..This may seriously hinder FCE research and clinical use. To gain consensus in operational definitions in FCE and conceptual framework to classify terminology used in FCE.
- What can we expect of clinical teachers? Establishing consensus on applicable skills, attitudes and practicesPeter J A Yeates
Medical Education and Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 42:134-42. 2008..Despite myriad advances in medical education, we have not yet established a universally accepted set of attributes we can reasonably expect from our teachers...
- Cost-effectiveness of rotavirus vaccination in the Netherlands; the results of a consensus modelMark H Rozenbaum
Unit of PharmacoEpidemiology and PharmacoEconomics PE2, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:462. 2011..Existing cost-effectiveness studies showed inconsistent results for these vaccines because of lack of consensus on the impact...
- NetMHCcons: a consensus method for the major histocompatibility complex class I predictionsEdita Karosiene
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Building 208, Kemitorvet, Lyngby, 2800, Denmark
Immunogenetics 64:177-86. 2012..It has, moreover, been demonstrated that consensus methods defined as combinations of two or more different methods led to improved prediction accuracy...
- Medical ethics and law for doctors of tomorrow: the 1998 Consensus Statement updatedG M Stirrat
Centre for Ethics in Medicine, Hampton House, Cotham Hill, Bristol BS6 6AU, UK
J Med Ethics 36:55-60. 2010..In this paper we set out an updated indicative core content of learning for medical ethics and law in UK medical schools and describe its origins and the consultative process by which it was achieved...
- Testing minimal clinically important difference: consensus or conundrum?Robert J Gatchel
Department of Psychology, College of Science, The University of Texas, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Spine J 10:321-7. 2010..A consensus-based decision (Initiative on Methods, Measurement, and Pain Assessment in Clinical Trials [IMMPACT] group) ..
- Consensus statements and recommended clinical procedures regarding the placement of implants in extraction socketsChristoph H F Hammerle
Clinic for Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine and Cranio maxillofacial Surgery, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 19:26-8. 2004
- Leadership, consensus decision making and collective behaviour in humansJohn R G Dyer
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 364:781-9. 2009..We find that only a small minority of informed individuals is needed to guide a large uninformed group. These studies build upon important theoretical and empirical work on leadership and decision making in animal groups...
- Helping someone with problem drinking: mental health first aid guidelines - a Delphi expert consensus studyAnna H Kingston
Orygen Youth Health Research Centre, Centre for Youth Mental Health, University of Melbourne, 35 Poplar Rd Locked Bag 10, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 9:79. 2009..This paper describes the development of mental health first aid guidelines that inform community members on how to help someone who may have, or may be developing, a drinking problem (i.e., alcohol abuse or dependence)...
- An exploration of the use of simple statistics to measure consensus and stability in Delphi studiesElizabeth A Holey
School of Health and Social Care, University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, TS1 3BA, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 7:52. 2007The criteria for stopping Delphi studies are often subjective. This study aimed to examine whether consensus and stability in the Delphi process can be ascertained by descriptive evaluation of trends in participants' views.
- Elderly patients with dementia-related symptoms of severe agitation and aggression: consensus statement on treatment options, clinical trials methodology, and policyCarl Salzman
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:889-98. 2008..In 2005, the FDA issued a black box warning regarding increased risk of mortality associated with the use of atypical antipsychotic drugs in this patient population...
- Grouping for behavioral and psychological symptoms in dementia: clinical and biological aspects. Consensus paper of the European Alzheimer disease consortiumPhilippe H Robert
Centre Mémoire de Ressources and de Recherche, CHU, Hopital Pasteur, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 30, avenue de la Voie Romaine, 06002 Nice cedex 1, France
Eur Psychiatry 20:490-6. 2005..This article is a consensus produced by the behavioral group of the European Alzheimer's Disease Consortium (EADC)...
- The evolving face of human immunodeficiency virus-related progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: defining a consensus terminologyPaola Cinque
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
J Neurovirol 9:88-92. 2003..A standard patient classification would be helpful for clinical management of PML patients, for their inclusion in clinical studies, and also will increase our current knowledge of PML and its evolution in relation with HAART...
- Mental health in the aftermath of disasters: consensus and controversyMitchell G Weiss
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:611-5. 2003
- Emergency department crowding: consensus development of potential measuresLeif I Solberg
HealthPartners Medical Group and Clinics and HealthPartners Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55440 1524, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:824-34. 2003..We identify measures of emergency department (ED) and hospital workflow that would be of value in understanding, monitoring, and managing crowding...
- Consensus statement from European experts on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of multiple myeloma: from standard therapy to novel approachesMonika Engelhardt
Hematology and Oncology Department, University of Freiburg Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1424-43. 2010..One of the outcomes of the meeting was the development of a consensus statement outlining contemporary optimal clinical practice for the treatment of MM...
- Development of geriatric competencies for emergency medicine residents using an expert consensus processTeresita M Hogan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Resurrection Medical Center, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:316-24. 2010..Older patients can have complex clinical presentations and be resource-intensive. Evidence indicates that emergency physicians fail to provide consistent high-quality care for elder ED patients, resulting in poor clinical outcomes...
- High Throughput Genotyping and DNA Sequencing for Studying the Genetic ContributiSonia Dua; Fiscal Year: 2013..This level of coverage may increase as consensus standards for variant calling are developed...
- Optimization of DNA Repair by Abh8Lauren Endres; Fiscal Year: 2013..we expect to identify novel DNA damage-induced Abh8 post-translational modifications that can be mapped back to consensus kinase sites to identify DDR signaling pathways linked to Abh8...
- Phosphorylation of FGF23 coordinates crosstalk between the skeleton and kidneyVINCENT SCOTT TAGLIABRACCI; Fiscal Year: 2013..The G-CK specifically recognizes the consensus Ser-x-(Glu/pSer) (where x is any amino acid and Glu/pSer can be Glu or phospho-Ser) and this motif is ..
- Targeting Galectin-3 with novel drugs for treatment of eczemaFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Galectin-3 is a member of a family of animal lectins defined by their affinity for 2-galactosides and consensus amino acid sequences. It is expressed by a number of cell types, including T cells and dendritic cells...
- Mechanisms of action of ghrelin in muscle and adipose tissue in cancer-related caJose M Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..engineered to express luciferase and green fluorescent protein under control of a promoter that contains NF:B consensus binding sites. The role of NF:B will be confirmed by using NF:B antagonists...
- Patient-Derived Stem Cells for Phosphoproteomic Profiling NeuropsychopathologyDieter A Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2011..There is no consensus on gene expression patterns linked to BPD &, hence, very little insight into underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and surgical acute kidney injuryFREDERIC TREMAINE BILLINGS; Fiscal Year: 2013..from isolated leukocytes and arterial lactate:pyruvate ratios), and clinical AKI (defined using AKIN staging consensus criteria for AKI diagnosis) in 150 subjects who complete the Statin AKI Cardiac Surgery Randomized Clinical ..
- Hepatic Steatosis Modulation by Apo B Gene TranscriptionJANET DEHOFF SPARKS; Fiscal Year: 2010..predisposes them to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and steatohepatitis (NASH) for which there is no consensus treatment...
- ICSBP Function During Myeloid DifferentiationELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Several lines of evidence suggest that the interferon consensus sequence binding protein (ICSBP or IRF8) functions as a myeloid leukemia tumor-suppressor...
- Regulation of Cell Signaling by Human Biliverdin ReductaseMahin D Maines; Fiscal Year: 2013..Notably, the hBVR promoter contains consensus sequences for binding STAT1 and Elk;and, in a yeast two-hybrid screening of high stringency, JAK2 kinase was ..
- Novel Bioconjugate Vaccines to Prevent Staphylococcus aureus InfectionJEAN CLAIRE LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..A novel Campylobacter enzyme called PglB is able to transfer an oligosaccharide to a protein consensus sequence, thereby allowing the production of glycoproteins in bacterial cells...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Disease Progression in Myeloid MalignancyELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Interferon Consensus Sequence Binding Protein (Icsbp) is an interferon regulatory transcription factor that functions as a tumor-suppressor (also referred to as Irf8)...
- MECHANISMS OF RADIORESISTANCE AND CELL CYCLE PROGRESSIONHoward B Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, RAD9 can, like p53, act as a sequence specific transcription factor. RAD9 can bind p53 consensus sequences in the p21 promoter and cause transcription when overexpressed...
- Effectiveness and Safety of Antithrombotic Strategies after Joint ReplacementElaine Hylek; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specialty consensus guidelines differ leading to wide variation in clinical practice...
- ROLE OF FORKHEAD PROTEINS IN INSULIN ACTIONDomenico Accili; Fiscal Year: 2013..While a budding consensus highlights the role of the CNS in diabetes and obesity, the complexity of brain endocrine signaling has thus far ..
- Improving Patient Safety: Context and Nurses'Work Processes for Pressure UlcersLynn M Soban; Fiscal Year: 2013..or inhibit pressure ulcer prevention, will be presented to the study Advisory Board, with the goal of achieving consensus regarding the most important areas for future research...
- Modulation of host immune defense by Pneumocystis beta-glucansEVA MARIA CARMONA PORQUERA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The main reason for this lies in the lack of consensus guidelines regarding when to initiate prophylaxis in patients at risk...
- DlaT as a transcriptional regulator in non-replicating Mycobacterium tuberculosisRuslana Bryk; Fiscal Year: 2012..Information from ChIP-Seq will be used to deduce the putative DlaT DNA-binding consensus sequence...
- Hyperglycemia and Pregnancy Outcome(HAPO)Follow Up StudyBoyd E Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Its results led a consensus panel to formulate new International Association of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Groups (IADPSG) criteria for the ..
- Comparative Effectiveness Research in Pediatric Rheumatic Diseases: Leveraging CACAROL A contact WALLACE; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Consensus methodology (Delphi Technique and Nominal Group Technique) will be used to identify data elements to be used in ..
- Intravenous Protein Therapy for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1Richard Weisbart; Fiscal Year: 2010..The consensus in the DM1 community is that any approach that restores the availability of MBNL1 proteins for mRNA splicing ..
- Contribution of Gstm1 to the severity of hypertension and chronic kidney diseaseThu H Le; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. There is general consensus that oxidative stress is a common factor in the development of HTN and progression of chronic kidney disease (..
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda L Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2012..A recent American Society of Clinical Oncology expert consensus panel recommended that all postmenopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer ..
- Programming of Protective CD8 T-Cell Memory by Live and Adjuvanted Subunit VaccinMarulasiddappa Suresh; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is emerging consensus that vaccines against complex pathogens like HIV, M...
- Role of VEGF in Perinatal HypertensionSTEVEN HERBERT ABMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..demonstrate that iNO therapy consistently prevents BPD in human preterm infants, as summarized in a recent NICHD Consensus Conference...
- Combined neuroprotection and metabolic correction to treat leukodystrophiesERNESTO ROQUE BONGARZONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The role of neuronal loss in Krabbe disease is not completely understood, but a consensus is emerging that dysfunction of axons and neurons leads to permanent neurological deficits in several ..
- Proteome Bead-Display for Discovery of Tumor AntigensMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rigorous SOPs for serum collection/handling developed by an NCI (EDRN) consensus working group for biomarker discovery will be implemented by both our commercial (ABS) and institutional (Boston ..
- Galectin-3 in regulation of allergic skin inflammationFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Galectin-3 is a member of a family of animal lectins defined by their affinity for 2-galactosides and consensus sequences. It is expressed by a number of cell types, including epithelial cells and various leukocytes...
- Clinical Impact of Human Coronaviruses and Viral DiversityGeoffrey J Gorse; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Consensus sequences of PCR products will be compared to determine diversity of currently circulating viral strains and ..
- Structural Studies of RNA Maturation and ProcessingChristopher D Lima; Fiscal Year: 2013..II) after it is phosphorylated on serine residues within its C-terminal tandem heptapeptide repeats with the consensus sequence Y1S2P3T4S5P6S7...
- Mechanisms of viral proteases in coronavirus replication and pathogenesisAndrew D Mesecar; Fiscal Year: 2013..We showed that PLpro processes the replicase polyprotein at three sites using a consensus recognition site of LXGG, similar to the consensus sequence recognized by de-ubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs)...
- Mechanisms of Peripheral Induction of T-Cell ToleranceMATTHEW FRANKLIN MESCHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nevertheless, consensus on the relative contributions of these mechanisms to tolerance to all self antigens has not been reached...
- Small Oligonucleotides As Therapeutic Agents Of Spinal Muscular AtrophyRavindra N Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..There is a near consensus among researchers that strategies aimed at promotion of SMN2 exon 7 inclusion resulting into the increased ..
- Improving Quality of Care in Parkinsons Disease: A Randomized Controlled TrialKAREN ILENE CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Task Force achieved consensus on a broad range of quality goals for benchmarking the quality of PD care in this VISN, goals that were selected ..
- Online patient self-assessment for chronic pancreatic and other painAndrew H Soll; Fiscal Year: 2011..sufficient value to relevant stakeholders to warrant routine use, thereby fostering BPS care;3) using a consensus process to create this assessment resource, thereby maximizing value for patient care and research, and 4) using ..
- Determinants of Coronavirus Fidelity in Replication and PathogenesisMark R Denison; Fiscal Year: 2013..resistance to vaccines and antivirals is that they generate vast diversity of related mutants around the central consensus genome, also referred to as quasispecies diversity or "mutant swarms"...
- The role of ICSBP in the pathogenesis of chronic myeloid leukemiaELIZABETH ANN EKLUND; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Interferon Consensus Sequence Binding Protein (Icsbp or Irf8) is a transcription factor that functions as a leukemia-suppressor...
- Regulation of 22q11 Genes in Embroyonic and Adult ForebrainAnthony S LaMantia; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is general consensus that these disorders reflect compromised development or maintenance of cortical neurons and circuits;..
- Mechanisms of vascular-specific gene regulation by estrogenGavin R Schnitzler; Fiscal Year: 2013..ER[unreadable] binding sites in mouse aorta overlap with ER[unreadable] binding sites in mouse liver, and that consensus sequences for different transcription factors are enriched in the E2-responsive promoters and ER[unreadable] ..
- Advanced Center for Latino and MH Systems ResearchMargarita Alegria; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using focus groups and consensus panels, prioritize the kinds of information to be collected to improve diagnostic determinations in safety net ..
- A Protein Biologic for the Treatment of SepsisRafal M Smigrodzki; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is wide consensus that mitochondrial dysfunction, so called cytopathic hypoxia, develops over the course of sepsis, and becomes ..
- Regulation of guanylyl cyclase A and B by hormones, ATP and phosphorylationLincoln Ross Potter; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast, activated protein kinase C (PKC) is hypothesized to phosphorylate a conserved receptor consensus site that reduces phosphorylation of a separate critical regulatory site...
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted GenesCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A growing consensus suggests that epigenetics, i.e...
- The Ethics of Fragile X Genetic Screening and Testing Across the LifespanKruti Acharya; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore, there is no current consensus about who should be tested, what information should be disclosed to patients before testing and after a positive ..
- International Workshop on Opportunistic Protists (IWOP-12, 13 and 14)Louis M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2012..g. genome sequencing, animal models, culture techniques, etc.) and consensus papers (i.e. taxonomic status, research priorities, and nomenclature standards) have been developed...
- Outcomes and Predictors in Mild Cognitive ImpairmentMary Ganguli; Fiscal Year: 2012..and goals, trainees will enhance their experience of patient-oriented research;participate in multidisciplinary consensus diagnosis;obtain supervised experience of analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data from the Awardee's ..
- Randomized Trial of Antenatal Late Preterm Steroids (ALPS) - Clinical CoordinatinRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2012..The recommendation of the 1994 NIH Consensus Conference was that all pregnant women between 24 and 33 completed weeks of gestation who are at risk of preterm ..
- Research and Development of a Novel System to Produce Polysaccharide Conjugate VaPeng George Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..able to transfer a variety of PS (from different bacteria) from its diphospho-undecaprenyl forms to the Asn of a consensus sequence of the target protein in the periplasm...
- The mechanism of mRNA recruitment to the human ribosome.Christopher S Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2013..Characterize the association of eIF4G with eIF3 and the 40S subunit. We will determine the consensus sequence in eIF4G that binds to eIF3...
- Molecular Analysis of NeoAdjuvant Platinum in Triple Negative Breast CancerMARK DANIEL contact PEGRAM; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently, there is no consensus regarding optimal chemotherapy regimens for the treatment of such patients...
- Elucidating the A. baumannii response to calprotectin-mediated zinc starvationBRITTANY MORTENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..A search for this consensus sequence within the A. baumannii genome identified additional genes that may be regulated by Zur and Zn...
- The Biomechanics of the Human Posterior Sclera: Effects of Age, Sex, and GlaucomaThao D Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is consensus that the level of IOP generates a biomechanical response in the ocular tissues that is fundamental to the early ..
- Rapid Heart Attack Detection using an AC Electrokinetic DeviceRajaram Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2011..free circulating DNA and endothelial microparticles in blood, an early heart attack biomarker that has a growing consensus, using a prototype AC Electrokinetic device...
- Novel vaccine against NorovirusXi Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2013..of NVs for developing a broadly reactive vaccine based on defined antigenic types (serotypes) with a cocktail or consensus vaccine approach...
- NOVEL APPROACHES FOR REGULATION OF IGF-1 LEVELS THROUGHOUT THE LIFESPANWilliam Edmund Sonntag; Fiscal Year: 2013..The necessity of new models for advancement of the field has been recognized by us and our colleagues in recent consensus reports...
- Survivorship: Mentoring and Bridging Primary Care and OncologyKEVIN CHARLES OEFFINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 6 Consensus-Building on Survivorship Care The three aims of this project are to: (1) obtain funding for a 2-day summit ..
- Mechanism and role of DLC-1 tumor suppressor loss in lung cancerChanning J Der; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, while a subset of patients with EGFR mutations is responsive the general consensus is that EGFR inhibitors have been a disappointment for NSCLC treatment...
- In vivo phenotypic effects of naturally occuring sequence variations in WNVRobin M Moudy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also determine whether the consensus sequence differences between the two genotypes of WNV are sufficient to cause the observed phenotypic ..
- Vagal afferent cell bodies as sensors of blood-borne factorsSTEPHEN JOHN LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..At present, there is no consensus as to how disease processes such as humorally-induced hypertension, diabetes and inflammatory states affect the ..
- Discovery of novel anti-HBV compounds targeting host factorsPavel A Petukhov; Fiscal Year: 2013..A broad consensus exists in the HBV research community that the key to the successful development of new novel classes of HBV ..
- TYPE IV SECRETION &SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN EHRLICHIOSISYasuko Rikihisa; Fiscal Year: 2013..in human leukocytes and tick cells, and demonstrating CtrA regulation of genes with the upstream CtrA consensus binding site. 3...
- Variation in the Safety of Back Pain-Related SurgerySohail K Mirza; Fiscal Year: 2010..Regional variation in utilization of back surgery makes obvious lack of consensus on indications, but little is known about regional variation in terms of safety or the impact of this variation ..
- ANTIGENIC DETERMINANTS OF VARICELLA VIRUSCharles Grose; Fiscal Year: 2006..active VZV ORF47 protein serine kinase led to the discovery that the viral kinase has a similar phosphorylation consensus motif to that of casein kinase II...
- Potential of ICU telemedicine to improve patient safety, reduce morbidity & mortaJAMES A L MATHERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..conference will be to: (a) critically examine the state of the science underlying ICU telemedicine, (b) reach consensus on a common lexicon for critical care delivery through telemedicine, (c) identify important knowledge gaps in ..
- DIETARY COMPOSITION, OBESITY, AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISKERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Obesity increases CHD risk by adversely affecting glucose, lipoproteins, and blood pressure. There is consensus that dietary saturated fat and cholesterol (C) restriction is beneficial for low density lipoprotein (LDL) ..
- EFFICACY AND SAFETY OF NARCOTICS FOR PEDIATRIC SEDATIONPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 1990..The April 22-24, 1985 NIH Consensus Development Conference on "Anesthesia and Sedation in the Dental Office" recognized the liabilities of pediatric ..
- Second International Hidradenitis Suppurativa Research SymposiumMichelle Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2009..World leaders in clinical and research dermatology will present their work and work together to define a current consensus on the clinical and diagnostic features of HS, best treatment options currently available, and the latest ..
- SYMPOSIUM ON HEREDITARY SPASTIC PARAPLEGIAJohn Fink; Fiscal Year: 1999..This Symposium has three major objectives: 1) develop a consensus understanding of clinical, genetic, and pathologic aspects of HSP and disseminate this information to clinicians,..
- Ethical & Methodological Standards for Trials of Invasive Therapeutic ProceduresCarol M Ashton; Fiscal Year: 2010..This 3-year project will produce a set of consensus standards for good research practice that would have to be met to design and conduct methodologically valid and ..
- RESCUE: Randomized Evaluation of Patients with Stable Angina Comparing UtilizatioArthur E Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This was highlighted by its inclusion in the Consensus Report on Initial National Priorities for Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) issued by the Institute of ..
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT)--UNC Clinical CenterDaniel A Shugars; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT): UAB Clinical CenterGregg H Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT) UTHSC San Antonio Clinical CenterBennett Tochukwu Amaechi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and an NIH Consensus Development Conference on dental caries call for trials of caries prevention methods in caries-active adults...
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT)--Study Chair applicationJames D Bader; Fiscal Year: 2010
- GRADE - Moving Towards a Consensus on a Consistent Approach to Grading EvidenceYngve Falck Ytter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aims: The goal of the proposed GRADE workshop is to reach a consensus among guideline developers/systematic reviewers: Discuss the GRADE system with organizations in the U.S...
- National Consensus Conference on Community ParamedicineDouglas Kupas; Fiscal Year: 2012..Fundamentally, the community paramedicine model meets many Healthy People 2020 objectives by increasing access to primary and preventative health care by deploying existing resources in innovative ways. ! ..
- Achieving Consensus on High Risk Donor to Improve Access to Organ TransplantsMichael G Ison; Fiscal Year: 2011..The conference will develop a consensus about the optimal evaluation and classification of living and deceased donors at increased risk of disease ..
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..requests support for a conference entitled, "The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 years post-NIH Consensus Conference"...
- MENTORS Project: Models of Educational Networking To Optimize Rural ScienceROBIN S FUCHS YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is general consensus that in order to effectively address the lack of diversity in science, educational and recruitment programs ..
- Efficacy Measures for Pediatric Lupus StudiesHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2009..following specific aims: 1) To develop and prospectively validate criteria of disease flare by a combination of consensus formation methodology and statistical approaches as is recommended by the American College of Rheumatology ..
- Xylitol Adult Caries Trial (X-ACT) Data Coordinating CenterWILLIAM MARION VOLLMER; Fiscal Year: 2011