Genomes and Genes
Summary: What a person has in mind to do or bring about.
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Conscious intention and motor cognitionPatrick Haggard
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Trends Cogn Sci 9:290-5. 2005The subjective experience of conscious intention is a key component of our mental life...
- Does changing behavioral intentions engender behavior change? A meta-analysis of the experimental evidenceThomas L Webb
School of Psychological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Psychol Bull 132:249-68. 2006..However, most tests of the intention- behavior relation involve correlational studies that preclude causal inferences...
- Parietal lobe: from action organization to intention understandingLeonardo Fogassi
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Parma, Borgo Carissimi 10, 43100 Parma, Italy
Science 308:662-7. 2005..Thus, these neurons not only code the observed motor act but also allow the observer to understand the agent's intentions...
- Failure to detect mismatches between intention and outcome in a simple decision taskPetter Johansson
Lund University Cognitive Science, Lund University, Kungshuset Lundagård, 222 22 Lund, Sweden
Science 310:116-9. 2005A fundamental assumption of theories of decision-making is that we detect mismatches between intention and outcome, adjust our behavior in the face of error, and adapt to changing circumstances...
- "Life is still going on": reproductive intentions among HIV-positive women and men in South AfricaDiane Cooper
University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Soc Sci Med 65:274-83. 2007....
- "Hey John": signals conveying communicative intention toward the self activate brain regions associated with "mentalizing," regardless of modalityKnut K W Kampe
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, London WC1N 3AR, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 23:5258-63. 2003Successful communication between two people depends first on the recognition of the intention to communicate. Such intentions may be conveyed by signals directed at the self, such as calling a person's name or making eye contact...
- A systematic review of factors influencing fertility desires and intentions among people living with HIV/AIDS: implications for policy and service deliveryBarbara Nattabi
Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, WA, 6845, Australia
AIDS Behav 13:949-68. 2009....
- Movement intention after parietal cortex stimulation in humansMichel Desmurget
Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive, CNRS, UMR 5229, 69500 Bron, France
Science 324:811-3. 2009..Stimulating the right inferior parietal regions triggered a strong intention and desire to move the contralateral hand, arm, or foot, whereas stimulating the left inferior parietal region ..
- Factors affecting intention to receive and self-reported receipt of 2009 pandemic (H1N1) vaccine in Hong Kong: a longitudinal studyQiuyan Liao
Health Behaviours Research Group, Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
PLoS ONE 6:e17713. 2011..However, a vaccination program's efficacy largely depends on population compliance. We examined general population decision-making for pH1N1 vaccination using a modified Theory of Planned Behaviour (TBP)...
- Fertility intentions and reproductive health care needs of people living with HIV in Cape Town, South Africa: implications for integrating reproductive health and HIV care servicesDiane Cooper
Women s Health Research Unit, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Anzio Road Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS Behav 13:38-46. 2009..There is an urgent need for intervention models to integrate HIV care with sexual and reproduction health counseling and services that account for the diverse reproductive needs of these populations...
- Causal binding of actions to their effectsMarc J Buehner
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT, United Kingdom
Psychol Sci 20:1221-8. 2009..These findings suggest that causality in the mind leads to temporal binding of cause and effect, and extend and generalize beyond earlier claims of intentional binding between action and outcome...
- How voluntary actions modulate time perceptionDorit Wenke
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, London, UK
Exp Brain Res 196:311-8. 2009..These results suggest that voluntary actions transiently slow down an internal clock during the action-effect interval. This in turn leads to intentional binding, and links the effects of voluntary actions to the self...
- The role of anticipation and intention in the learning of effects of self-performed actionsMichael Ziessler
Business School, University of Sunderland, St Peter s Campus, Sunderland, SR6 0DD, UK
Psychol Res 68:163-75. 2004..The results are discussed in terms of a model that explains both the learning of response-effect relations and the use of these effects for action control within the same theoretical framework...
- Fertility intentions of women of reproductive age living with HIV in British Columbia, CanadaGina S Ogilvie
BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, Canada
AIDS 21:S83-8. 2007..We undertook a study to examine the fertility intentions and reproductive health issues of women living with HIV in a broad-based sample in British Columbia, Canada...
- The relationship between job satisfaction, burnout, and turnover intention among physicians from urban state-owned medical institutions in Hubei, China: a cross-sectional studyYimin Zhang
Department of Social Medicine, School of Public Health, Fudan University, 130 Dongan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
BMC Health Serv Res 11:235. 2011..We set out to analyze the relationship between job satisfaction, burnout, and turnover intention, and further to determine whether occupational burnout can serve as a mediator among Chinese physicians from ..
- Predicting iron-fortified soy sauce consumption intention: application of the theory of planned behavior and health belief modelXinying Sun
School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, PR China
J Nutr Educ Behav 38:276-85. 2006To identify variables that significantly predict the intention of iron ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (NaFeEDTA)-fortified soy sauce (FeSS) consumption.
- An adaptation of the theory of interpersonal behaviour to the study of telemedicine adoption by physiciansMarie Pierre Gagnon
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Laval University, Pavillon de l Est 2180, Chemin Ste Foy, QC, G1K 7P4 Quebec, Canada
Int J Med Inform 71:103-15. 2003..Based upon the Theory of Interpersonal Behavior, this study was aimed at assessing the predictors of physicians' intention to use telemedicine in their clinical practice...
- Women living with HIV in South Africa and their concerns about fertilityMzikazi Nduna
Department of Psychology, University of Witwatersrand, Private Bag X3, Wits, Johannesburg, 2050, South Africa
AIDS Behav 13:62-5. 2009..Ambivalent attitudes of health care workers towards pregnancy impacts women's fertility aspirations. Unbiased pre-conceptual communication should form part of HIV treatment and care services, despite expressed pregnancy intentions...
- Intentional control of attention: action planning primes action-related stimulus dimensionsSabrina Fagioli
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Ergonomics Laboratory, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Psychol Res 71:22-9. 2007..These findings support the theory of event coding, which claims that perceptual codes and action plans share a common representational medium, which presumably involves the human premotor cortex...
- Impairment of actions chains in autism and its possible role in intention understandingLuigi Cattaneo
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Parma, Via Volturno 39, 43100 Parma, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17825-30. 2007..an internal copy of the whole action before its execution, thus enabling them to understand directly the agent's intention. Using electromyographic recordings, we show that a similar chained organization exists in typically developing ..
- Awareness of action: Inference and predictionJames Moore
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Conscious Cogn 17:136-44. 2008..Further analysis showed that the predictive process is modulated by recent experience of the action-effect relation. We conclude that the experience of action depends on a dynamic combination of predictive and inferential processes...
- Towards a theory of intentional behaviour change: plans, planning, and self-regulationFalko F Sniehotta
University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Health Psychol 14:261-73. 2009..Briefly review the current state of theorizing about volitional behaviour change and identification of challenges and possible solutions for future theory development...
- Intention, choice, and the medial frontal cortexMatthew F S Rushworth
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3UD, England, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1124:181-207. 2008..In such situations the MFC exerts an influence over how actions will be chosen by other motor regions of the brain...
- Attention to intentionHakwan C Lau
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Science 303:1208-10. 2004b>Intention is central to the concept of voluntary action...
- Detection of movement intention from single-trial movement-related cortical potentialsImran Khan Niazi
Center for Sensory Motor Interaction, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
J Neural Eng 8:066009. 2011Detection of movement intention from neural signals combined with assistive technologies may be used for effective neurofeedback in rehabilitation...
- Alcohol consumption and the intention to engage in unprotected sex: systematic review and meta-analysis of experimental studiesJurgen Rehm
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada
Addiction 107:51-9. 2012..To draw conclusions with respect to the question of whether alcohol has an independent effect on the incidence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs)...
- Behavior, intention or chance? A longitudinal study of HIV seroadaptive behaviors, abstinence and condom useWilli McFarland
HIV Epidemiology Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA 94102 6033, USA
AIDS Behav 16:121-31. 2012..The effectiveness of seroadaptive strategies should be improved and used as efficacy endpoints in trials of behavioral prevention interventions...
- Exploring the neural correlates of goal-directed action and intention understandingElizabeth J Carter
Department of Psychology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neuroimage 54:1634-42. 2011..The current data suggest that goal-directed action and intention understanding require this network and it is used similarly for the two processes...
- Consequences, action, and intention as factors in moral judgments: an FMRI investigationJana Schaich Borg
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 18:803-17. 2006..that moral judgments and decisions should be based on consequences, action (as opposed to inaction), and intention. This study uses functional magnetic resonance imaging to investigate how these three factors affect brain ..
- Cues to intention: the role of movement informationLuisa Sartori
Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Cognition 119:242-52. 2011..fast-speed individual movements). These results demonstrate that observers are attuned to advance movement information from different cues and that they can use such kind of information to anticipate the future course of an action...
- The theory of planned behavior and binge drinking among undergraduate students: assessing the impact of habit strengthPaul Norman
Department of Psychology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Addict Behav 36:502-7. 2011..e., attitude, subjective norm, self-efficacy, perceived control, and intention) and habit strength (Self-Report Habit Index) in relation to binge drinking...
- Influenza vaccination and intention to receive the pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine among healthcare workers of British Columbia, Canada: a cross-sectional studyFariba Kaboli
Disease Prevention, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:1017-24. 2010..To assess healthcare workers' attitudes and concerns regarding seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines in order to improve vaccination campaign communications...
- The intentional network: how the brain reads varieties of intentionsA Ciaramidaro
Department of Psychology, Center for Cognitive Science, University of Turin, Via Po 14, 10123 Turin, Italy
Neuropsychologia 45:3105-13. 2007..We also introduce a novel theoretical distinction among varieties of intention, which differ by the nature of an individual's pursued goal (private or social) and by the social interaction's ..
- Differential involvement of regions of rostral prefrontal cortex (Brodmann area 10) in time- and event-based prospective memoryJiro Okuda
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience and Psychology Department, University College London, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Int J Psychophysiol 64:233-46. 2007..The results are interpreted as reflecting the differing processing demands made by event- or time-based prospective memory tasks, and the differing demands of time-based tasks according to whether a clock is present as an aid...
- Who is causing what? The sense of agency is relational and efferent-triggeredKai Engbert
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Department of Psychology, Stephanstrasse 1a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Cognition 107:693-704. 2008..Our results provide the first direct evidence that agency involves a generalisable relation between actions and their consequences, and is triggered by efferent motor commands...
- Fertility desires and intentions of HIV-positive patients at a suburban specialist centerOlufemi T Oladapo
Center for Special Studies, Nigeria
J Natl Med Assoc 97:1672-81. 2005..To determine the extent of fertility desires and intentions of HIV-positive patients receiving care at a suburban specialist clinic and assess how these may vary by their sociodemographic and health-related factors...
- Intentional action: conscious experience and neural predictionPatrick Haggard
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Conscious Cogn 12:695-707. 2003..We found that the subject's intention to produce the auditory tone produced an intentional binding between the perceived times of the subject's action ..
- Association between pregnancy intention and reproductive-health related behaviors before and after pregnancy recognition, National Birth Defects Prevention Study, 1997-2002Mary Dott
Preventive Medicine Residency, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, MS E 92, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:373-81. 2010Given that approximately half of all pregnancies in the United States are unplanned, the authors sought to understand the relation between pregnancy intention and health behaviors.
- Time warp: authorship shapes the perceived timing of actions and eventsJeffrey P Ebert
Department of Psychology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02143, USA
Conscious Cogn 19:481-9. 2010..Taken together, these results suggest that binding and self-reports reveal different aspects of the sense of authorship...
- Moderation of cognition-intention and cognition-behaviour relations: a meta-analysis of properties of variables from the theory of planned behaviourRichard Cooke
University of Sheffield, UK
Br J Soc Psychol 43:159-86. 2004..direct experience, involvement, certainty, ambivalence and affective-cognitive consistency-on cognition-intention and cognition-behaviour relations. Literature searches revealed 44 studies that could be included in the review...
- A parietal-premotor network for movement intention and motor awarenessMichel Desmurget
Centre de Neuroscience Cognitive, UMR 5229, CNRS, Bron, France
Trends Cogn Sci 13:411-9. 2009..Recent evidence, however, suggests that, contrary to common beliefs, conscious intention to move is independent of movement execution per se...
- Cooperative activities in young children and chimpanzeesFelix Warneken
Department of Developmental and Comparative Psychology, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
Child Dev 77:640-63. 2006..These results are interpreted as evidence for a uniquely human form of cooperative activity involving shared intentionality that emerges in the second year of life...
- Getting to know you: reputation and trust in a two-person economic exchangeBrooks King-Casas
Human Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Science 308:78-83. 2005..Response magnitude correlated with the "intention to trust" on the next play of the game, and the peak of these "intention to trust" responses ..
- Fertility desires and intentions of HIV-positive women of reproductive age in Ontario, Canada: a cross-sectional studyMona R Loutfy
Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7925. 2009..In order to clarify the demand, and aid with appropriate health services planning for this population, our study aims to assess the fertility desires and intentions of HIV-positive women of reproductive age living in Ontario, Canada...
- How big is the physical activity intention-behaviour gap? A meta-analysis using the action control frameworkRyan E Rhodes
Behavioural Medicine Laboratory, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Br J Health Psychol 18:296-309. 2013The physical activity (PA) intention-behaviour gap is a topic of considerable contemporary research, given that most of our models used to understand physical activity suggest that intention is the proximal antecedent of behavioural ..
- Desire or reason: predicting health behaviors from affective and cognitive attitudesRebecca Lawton
Institute of Psychological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Health Psychol 28:56-65. 2009..The authors explore the role of affective attitudes in predicting 14 health-promoting or health-risk behaviors...
- The automatic component of habit in health behavior: habit as cue-contingent automaticitySheina Orbell
Department of Psychology, University of Essex, Essex, CO4 3SQ, United Kingdom
Health Psychol 29:374-83. 2010..Three studies examined habitual automaticity in regard to different aspects of the cue-response relationship characteristic of unhealthy and healthy habits...
- Intention-to-treat analysis of Spetzler-Martin grades IV and V arteriovenous malformations: natural history and treatment paradigmPatrick P Han
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Neurosurg 98:3-7. 2003....
- Predicting the intention to quit smoking and quitting behaviour: extending the theory of planned behaviourJ Rise
Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research, Sentrum, Oslo, Norway
Br J Health Psychol 13:291-310. 2008The present study examined the ability of the TPB to predict the intention to quit smoking and quitting behaviour...
- Nature of association between rural background and practice location: a comparison of general practitioners and specialistsMatthew R McGrail
Monash University, Gippsland Medical School, Northways Road, Churchill, Victoria 3825, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 11:63. 2011..This paper aims to investigate in detail the nature of the association between rural background and practice location of Australian general practitioners (GPs) and specialists..
- Infants' perception of goal-directed actions: development through cue-based bootstrappingSzilvia Biro
Department of Psychology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Dev Sci 10:379-98. 2007..By uniting an innate base with a learning process, cue-based bootstrapping can help reconcile divergent views on the emergence of infants' ability to understand actions as goal-directed...
- Gender factors associated with sexual abstinent behaviour of rural South African high school going youth in KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaSiyabonga Dlamini
Department of Public Health Medicine, University of KwaZulu Natal
Health Educ Res 24:450-60. 2009..Different abstinent messages are needed for boys and girls to address the different patterns of behaviour observed...
- An exploration of issues of management and intention to stay: allied health professionals in South West Victoria, AustraliaKaren Stagnitti
Occupational Science and Therapy, Deakin University, Waterfront Campus, 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong, VIC 3217, Australia
J Allied Health 35:226-32. 2006..Recommendations are given for organizational development and training for managers...
- The formation of specific action plans can enhance sun protection behavior in motivated parentsLiesbeth van Osch
Care and Public Health Research Institute, The Netherlands
Prev Med 47:127-32. 2008..To determine whether formulating specific plans with regard to sunscreen use can influence parental sun protection behavior (i.e., applying sunscreen to their child)...
- Nine-months-old infants do not need to know what the agent prefers in order to reason about its goals: on the role of preference and persistence in infants' goal-attributionMikolaj Hernik
Research Department of Educational, Clinical and Health Psychology, University College London, UK
Dev Sci 15:714-22. 2012..We conclude that infants do not need to know about the agent's preferences in order to form expectations about its goal-directed actions. Implications for the role of action persistency and action selectivity are discussed...
- Impaired endogenously evoked automated reaching in Parkinson's diseaseElizabeth B Torres
Psychology Department, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Neurosci 31:17848-63. 2011....
- Predictors of primary care physicians' self-reported intention to conduct suicide risk assessmentsLisa M Hooper
Department of Educational Studies in Psychology, Research Methodology, and Counseling, The University of Alabama, Box 870231 315 B Graves Hall, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 39:103-15. 2012..which select patient and physician factors increase the probability of one element of quality of care: namely, intention to conduct suicide assessment...
- The importance of habits in eating behaviour. An overview and recommendations for future researchJonathan van't Riet
Agricultural Economics Research Institute, Wageningen University and Research Centre, PO Box 29703, 2502 LS The Hague, The Netherlands
Appetite 57:585-96. 2011..These insights can act as a starting point for future intervention research...
- Gestural communication of the gorilla (Gorilla gorilla): repertoire, intentionality and possible originsEmilie Genty
Centre for Social Learning and Cognitive Evolution and Scottish Primate Research Group, School of Psychology, University of St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK
Anim Cogn 12:527-46. 2009..Gorilla gestures are not, however, inflexible signals but are employed for intentional communication to specific individuals...
- Sleep to implement an intentionSusanne Diekelmann
Department of Neuroendocrinology, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Sleep 36:149-53. 2013..Sleep supports the consolidation of new memories. However, this effect has mainly been shown for memories of past events. Here we investigated the role of sleep for the implementation of intentions for the future...
- Long-term effects of implementation intentions on prevention of smoking uptake among adolescents: a cluster randomized controlled trialMark Conner
Department of Psychology, Institute of Psychological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Health Psychol 29:529-38. 2010..To test the efficacy of implementation intentions in reducing smoking uptake in a sample of adolescents...
- Understanding college students' fruit consumption. Integrating habit strength in the theory of planned behaviourGert Jan de Bruijn
Department of Communication Science, Amsterdam School of Communications Research ASCoR, University of Amsterdam, Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Appetite 54:16-22. 2010..Results showed that, based on a significant intention x habit interaction (beta=...
- Rethinking policies for the retention of allied health professionals in rural areas: a social relations approachKevin O'Toole
School of International and Political Studies, Deakin University, Warrnambool, Victoria 3280, Australia
Health Policy 87:326-32. 2008..The aim of this paper is to question the present dominant hierarchical approach taken in relation to the retention of allied health professionals in rural localities...
- Controlling attention through action: observing actions primes action-related stimulus dimensionsSabrina Fagioli
University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Psychology, Cognitive Ergonomics Laboratory, Via dei Marsi, 78, 00185 Rome, Italy
Neuropsychologia 45:3351-5. 2007..This supports the assumption that perceptual codes and action plans share a common representational medium, and that "attention to action" controls "attention to stimuli"...
- The role of motor intention in motor awareness: an experimental study on anosognosia for hemiplegiaAikaterini Fotopoulou
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Brain 131:3432-42. 2008..However, no study has hitherto directly investigated the role of motor intention in the observed non-veridical awareness of action in AHP...
- Treatment of naming in nonfluent aphasia through manipulation of intention and attention: a phase 1 comparison of two novel treatmentsBruce Crosson
Brain Rehabilitation Research Center, Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, Gainesville, Florida Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 13:582-94. 2007..The intention treatment initiated picture-naming trials with a complex left-hand movement and was designed to enhance right ..
- Familiarity modulates mirror neuron and mentalizing regions during intention understandingSook Lei Liew
The Brain and Creativity Institute, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 2520, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 32:1986-97. 2011....
- Using action planning to promote exercise behaviorMark Conner
Institute of Psychological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Ann Behav Med 40:65-76. 2010Action planning promotes exercise behavior and mediates intention-behavior relationships.
- Anticipating the consequences of action: an fMRI study of intention-based task preparationHannes Ruge
Neuroimaging Center, Department of Psychology, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Psychophysiology 47:1019-27. 2010..To conclude, preparatory control can occur via complementary attentional and intentional neural mechanisms depending on whether meaningful task-specific action effects lead to the formation of explicit effect representations...
- Young children selectively avoid helping people with harmful intentionsAmrisha Vaish
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
Child Dev 81:1661-9. 2010..Children's prosocial behavior was thus mediated by the intentions behind the actor's moral behavior, irrespective of outcome. Children thus selectively avoid helping those who cause--or even intend to cause--others harm...
- Comparing implementation intention interventions in relation to young adults' intake of fruit and vegetablesJanine Chapman
Department of Psychology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S10 2TP, UK
Psychol Health 24:317-32. 2009This study tests whether the effectiveness of implementation intention-based interventions to increase fruit and vegetable intake in a young adult population can be enhanced using additional pre-intervention instructions and alternative ..
- Behavioral determinants as predictors of return to work after long-term sickness absence: an application of the theory of planned behaviorSandra Brouwer
Department of Health Sciences, Section of Social Medicine, Work and Health, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, Building 3217, Room 620, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Occup Rehabil 19:166-74. 2009....
- Dysfunction of the social brain in schizophrenia is modulated by intention type: an fMRI studyHenrik Walter
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Medical Psychology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 4:166-76. 2009..the representation of intentions is dysfunctional in patients with schizophrenia dependent on the type of intention involved...
- Voluntary action and causality in temporal bindingAndre M Cravo
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1524 ICB I Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, SP, 05508 900, Brazil
Exp Brain Res 199:95-9. 2009..Our results indicate that voluntary action and causality are both necessary for the emergence of temporal binding...
- Getting a grip on other minds: mirror neurons, intention understanding, and cognitive empathyJonas T Kaplan
Ahmanson Lovelace Brain Mapping Center, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Soc Neurosci 1:175-83. 2006..These data suggest that human mirror neuron areas use both contextual and grasping type information to predict the intentions of others. They also suggest that mirror neuron activity is strongly linked to social competence...
- Examining the role of perceived susceptibility on colorectal cancer screening intention and behaviorAmy McQueen
Division of Health Behavior Research, Washington University, School of Medicine, Campus Box 8504, 4444 Forest Park Ave, St Louis, MO, 63108, USA
Ann Behav Med 40:205-17. 2010..was a moderator of, or was mediated by, changes in other psychosocial determinants of CRC screening intention and behavior...
- When ignorance is no excuse: Different roles for intent across moral domainsLiane Young
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA
Cognition 120:202-14. 2011..The current results therefore reveal distinct cognitive signatures of distinct moral domains, and may inform the distinct functional roles of moral norms...
- The role of rostral prefrontal cortex in prospective memory: a voxel-based lesion studyEmmanuelle Volle
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience UCL University College London, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Neuropsychologia 49:2185-98. 2011..upon a possible role for polar prefrontal structures in supporting in time estimation, and/or in retrieving an intention to act...
- HIV and pregnancy intentions: do services adequately respond to women's needs?Sofia Gruskin
Program on International Health and Human Rights, Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, 1 1202, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1746-50. 2008..A clear research agenda is needed to create a more coordinated approach to policies and programs supporting the pregnancy intentions of women with HIV...
- Mechanisms of implementation intention effects: the role of goal intentions, self-efficacy, and accessibility of plan componentsThomas L Webb
Department of Psychology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Br J Soc Psychol 47:373-95. 2008Although considerable evidence suggests that forming an implementation intention increases rates of goal attainment, less research has examined the mechanisms that underlie these effects...
- Intention processing in communication: a common brain network for language and gesturesIvan Enrici
Department of Psychology, Center for Cognitive Science, University of Turin, via Po, 14 10123 Turin, Italy
J Cogn Neurosci 23:2415-31. 2011..competence is based on the ability to process a specific class of mental states, namely, communicative intention. The present fMRI study aims to analyze whether intention processing in communication is affected by the ..
- Common neural mechanisms supporting spatial working memory, attention and motor intentionAkiko Ikkai
Department of Psychology, New York University, 6 Washington Place, New York, NY 10003, USA
Neuropsychologia 49:1428-34. 2011..also show persistent activity during the maintenance of spatial attention and the maintenance of motor intention. Therefore, we conclude that persistent activity is not specific to working memory, but instead, carries ..
- Does the intention to communicate affect action kinematics?Luisa Sartori
Dipartimento di Psicologia Generale, Universita di Padova, Italy
Conscious Cogn 18:766-72. 2009The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of communicative intention on action...
- Individual-level predictors of cessation behaviours among participants in the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country SurveyA Hyland
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Health Behavior, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Tob Control 15:iii83-94. 2006..Wave 1 of ITC-4 survey was conducted between October 2002 and December 2002. Wave 2 survey was conducted between May 2003 and August 2003...
- The phenomenology of action: a conceptual frameworkElisabeth Pacherie
Institut Jean Nicod, ENS, EHESS, CNRS, Departement d Etudes Cognitives, Ecole Normale Superieure, 29, rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Cognition 107:179-217. 2008..I argue in favor of a three-tiered dynamic model of intention, link it to an expanded version of the internal model theory of action control and specification, and use this ..
- Predicting physical activity intention and behaviour among children in a longitudinal sampleRyan E Rhodes
University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
Soc Sci Med 62:3146-56. 2006We examined predictors of leisure-time physical activity intention and behaviour in children, and the potential direct and moderating effects of gender and ethnicity...
- A qualitative assessment of decisions affecting contraceptive utilization and fertility intentions among HIV-positive women in Soweto, South AfricaFatima Laher
Perinatal HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Diepkloof, P O Box 114, Johannesburg, Soweto, 1864, South Africa
AIDS Behav 13:47-54. 2009..Routine counseling about pregnancy desires and contraception should be offered to HIV-positive women...
- Knowledge may not be the best target for strategies to influence evidence-based practice: using psychological models to understand RCT effectsD Bonetti
Dental Health Services Research Unit, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Int J Behav Med 16:287-93. 2009..Interventions to enhance the implementation of evidence-based practice have a varied success rate. This may be due to a lack of understanding of the mechanism by which interventions achieve results...
- Motor system activation reveals infants' on-line prediction of others' goalsVictoria Southgate
Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, School of Psychology, Birkbeck, Malet St, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom
Psychol Sci 21:355-9. 2010..This result provides evidence for on-line goal prediction in infancy, and our method offers a new way to explore infants' cognitive abilities...
- Using the Integrative Model to explain how exposure to sexual media content influences adolescent sexual behaviorAmy Bleakley
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Health Educ Behav 38:530-40. 2011..Path analysis and structural equation modeling demonstrated that intention to engage in sexual intercourse is determined by a combination of attitudes, normative pressure, and self-..
- Determinants of adults' intention to vaccinate against pandemic swine fluLynn B Myers
School of Social Sciences, Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK
BMC Public Health 11:15. 2011..Therefore, this study aimed to predict intention to have a swine influenza vaccination in an adult population in the UK...
- Fertility intentions of HIV-1 infected and uninfected women in Malawi: a longitudinal studyFrank Taulo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Malawi, Private Bag 360 Chichiri, Blantyre, Malawi
AIDS Behav 13:20-7. 2009..The overall pregnancy rate after 12 months was 14.9 per 100 person-years and did not differ among 102 HIV uninfected and 100 infected women who became pregnant. HIV infection is a significant predictor of fertility intentions over time...
- Different action patterns for cooperative and competitive behaviourIoanna Georgiou
Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
Cognition 102:415-33. 2007..In accordance with evidence from neuroimaging, developmental and social psychology our results suggest the existence of motor patterns which reflect the intention to act in a social context.
- Unwilling versus unable: infants' understanding of intentional actionTanya Behne
Department of Developmental and Comparative Psychology, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Deutscher Platz 6, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Dev Psychol 41:328-37. 2005....
- The brain's intention to imitate: the neurobiology of intentional versus automatic imitationNina Bien
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience, Faculty of Psychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cereb Cortex 19:2338-51. 2009..We propose an informed neurocognitive model of inhibition of automatic imitation, suggesting a functional dissociation between automatic and intentional imitation...
- On the inference of personal authorship: enhancing experienced agency by priming effect informationHenk Aarts
Department of Social and Organizational Psychology, Utrecht University, P O Box 80140, 3508 TC, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Conscious Cogn 14:439-58. 2005..Additional experimentation demonstrated that this priming of agency was not mediated by the goal or intention to produce the effect.
- Predicting registered nurse job satisfaction and intent to leaveJune H Larrabee
School of Nursing, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506 9610, USA
J Nurs Adm 33:271-83. 2003....
- Separable brain systems supporting cued versus self-initiated realization of delayed intentionsSam J Gilbert
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 35:905-15. 2009..M. Gollwitzer and colleagues...
- The cost of remembering to remember in event-based prospective memory: investigating the capacity demands of delayed intention performanceRebekah E Smith
Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 3270, USA
J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn 29:347-61. 2003..The results of Experiment 3 suggest that the retrieval of a delayed intention, or the prospective component, can require capacity.
- Unprotected anal intercourse behavior and intention among male sex workers in Shenzhen serving cross-boundary male clients coming from Hong Kong, China - prevalence and associated factorsJoseph T F Lau
Centre for Health Behaviors Research, School of Public Health and Primary Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
AIDS Care 24:59-70. 2012..self-efficacy in protection against HIV infection, and perceived control over condom use were associated with an intention for UAI (OR = 0.06-80.44)...
- Does conscious intention to perform a motor act depend on slow prefrontal (de)oxyhemoglobin oscillations in the resting brain?Gert Pfurtscheller
Laboratory of Brain Computer Interfaces, Institute for Knowledge Discovery, Graz University of Technology, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Neurosci Lett 508:89-94. 2012..An interesting question is whether such slow oscillations can be related to the intention to perform a motor act...
- Discovery of Small Molecule MBT Domain AntagonistsSTEPHEN VERNON FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Indeed, the Structural Genomics Consortium (SGC) has recently announced their intention to focus heavily on epigenetics and creation of chemical probes and we will be collaborating with them in this ..
- Axonopathy in GlaucomaSamuel D Crish; Fiscal Year: 2013..to examine the structural and functional defects in retinal ganglion cell axons in early glaucoma with the intention of identifying new targets for intervention in this debilitating disease...
- OLIGOCLONAL T CELL EXPANSION AND RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISCornelia M Weyand; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will repair the defective induction of hTERT in RA CD4 T cells with the intention of readjusting their apoptosis sensitivity...
- Dopamine's Role in the Rapid Estradiol Enhancement of Excitatory SynapsesCAROLINE COFER SMITH HAMILTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is my intention that through this additional training I will meet my short-term career goals which are to expand my technical ..
- Membrane Ion-channels in Helminth Parasites: Anthelmintic Resistance and Sites ofRICHARD JOHN MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..The intention of the conference is to encourage research and knowledge of ion-channel drug targets in helminths;to encourage ..
- Caveolins in the Pathogenesis of Idiopathic Pulmonary FibrosisDan N Predescu; Fiscal Year: 2010..new pathogenic mechanisms are involved in initiation and progression of idiopathic lung fibrosis (IPF) with the intention to discover new molecular targets that can be used as therapeutic tools...
- North Lawndale Diabetes Community Action ProjectSTEVEN contact WHITMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..diabetes status and those at high risk for the chronic disease over a 12-week recruitment period, with the intention of completing an entire 12-month intervention with 280 enrolled participants...
- Resolving the role of nicotine-mediated phosphorylation on pancreatic fibrosisJoao A Paulo; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is my intention to use the results from my proposed work, and extensions thereof to build a solid R01 grant application as I ..
- Community Ambulation Following Hip FractureJay Magaziner; Fiscal Year: 2013..05) in an intention to treat analysis...
- Retinal Imaging of Prognostic Indicators of AtherosclerosisFrederick R Haselton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Many imaging strategies ranging from ultrasound to MRI have been developed with the intention of detecting atherosclerotic disease early, such that therapeutic interventions can slow progression before ..
- Protein Therapy for Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis BullosaDavid T Woodley; Fiscal Year: 2010..This grant proposal, therefore, conforms well with this RFA's intention of promoting translational research - that is, bringing scientific discoveries from the laboratory to the ..
- 6th Orthomyxovirus Research ConferenceSTACEY L SCHULTZ-CHERRY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Since it is the intention that experimentalists present their own work, we encourage graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior ..
- Diet and Activity Promotion Among Older Working AdultsGladys Block; Fiscal Year: 2010..Changes in PA, diet, self-reported health and work outcomes will be evaluated using Intention to Treat. Two components of cost effectiveness will be evaluated...
- PITCH HF (CCC) Lead ApplicationMarc J Semigran; Fiscal Year: 2013..05 and subject attrition rates of up to 15%. Primary analyses will be intention-to-treat, using Cox regression models and analysis of covariance as appropriate...
- Kidney Donor Outcomes Cohort (KDOC) StudyJames R Rodrigue; Fiscal Year: 2013..outcomes (surgical, medical, functional, psychological, financial) over a 2-year period initially, with the intention of examining these outcomes over a more extended time period in subsequent years;(2) to identify the donor, ..
- Trajectories and Markers of Neurodegeneration in Fragile X Premutation CarriersSusan M Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2013..tremor ataxia syndrome (FXTAS), characterized by neurological manifestations of progressive gait ataxia, intention tremor, Parkinsonism, dementia, autonomic dysfunction, and peripheral neuropathy...
- Purine Salvage Pathway of Cryptosporidium ParvumBuddy Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2012..be involved in the catalytic mechanism, and crystallographic studies on CpAK will be initiated with the ultimate intention of determining its three-dimensional structure. The second Specific Aim has two parts...
- PITCH HF (DCC)Flora Sandra Siami; Fiscal Year: 2013..05 and subject attrition rates of up to 15%. Primary analyses will be intention-to-treat, using Cox regression models and analysis of covariance as appropriate...
- LTQ Orbitrap XL ETD Mass SpectrometerHaining Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..of this proposal will lead to the hiring and/or retention of more than six full-time positions, meeting the intention of the Recovery Act. The requested instruments are environmentally friendly...
- Peer groups for healthy pregnancy &HIV prevention for young Malawian womenKathleen F Norr; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mediating outcome variables include knowledge, attitudes, perceived norms, self-efficacy, and intention for each of the behavioral outcomes...
- Primary care eHealth intervention for improved outcomes in chronic kidney diseaseVeronica Yank; Fiscal Year: 2013..pilot randomized controlled trial (RCT) a theory-based electronic health ("eHealth") intervention sent with the intention of changing the behavior of patients and clinicians...
- TRANSMISSION OF OSELTAMIVIR-RESISTANT INFLUENZA A H1N1 VIRUSES IN GUINEA PIGSNicole M Bouvier; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is our intention that, in understanding the recent evolution of oseltamivir-resistant seasonal A/H1N1 viruses, these experiments ..
- SIPsmartER: A nutrition literacy approach to reducing sugar-sweetened beveragesJamie Zoellner; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study fills an important void in the health literacy literature by integrating motivation/intention processes with skill-based nutrition literacy processes to understand causal pathways and complex relationships ..
- Ph 2 Study of Dextromethorphan in the Treatment of Rett SyndromeSAKKUBAI R NAIDU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Analyses will be done on an intention-to-treat basis...
- Challenging and Expanding Paradigms of Aging with HIVKERI NICOLE ALTHOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..goal of this application is to support the education and research endeavors of the investigator, who has the intention of developing a career as an independent investigator of observational epidemiologic research focused on age-..
- Program ACTIVE II: Behavioral Depression Treatment for Type 2 DiabetesMARY K DE GROOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Intention-to-treat analyses will be conducted to assess primary and secondary outcomes...
- HPV Knowledge Awareness and Vaccine Acceptability among Inner City Black MalesSHERRIE LEE WALLINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. health information seeking, HPV health literacy), and analyze the responses for association with their intention to undergo HPV vaccination (Phase 3: Survey)...
- Phase I Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsMichael R Grever; Fiscal Year: 2013..a Phase I clinical trials program designed to achieve the ultimate goals of expedient (yet thorough) dose-finding trials in man with the intention of providing safe and effective new therapy to benefit patients with malignant diseases.
- Interactive Web Program and Health Coaching for Prehypertensive AdultsAMELIA J BIRNEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..the outcome measures are expected to be mediated by changes in knowledge, attitudes, self-efficacy, behavioral intention, motivation, and patient activation...
- Chicago Westside Partnership for Children's Asthma Initiative (CWPC-AI)Steven Whitman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to enroll 360 children into CWPC-AI over an 18-month recruitment period, with the intention of completing the entire 12-month intervention with 250 (70%) of the enrolled participants...
- Midcareer Investigator Award in Patient Oriented ResearchKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2013..The candidate's immediate and long-term career goals center on his desire and intention to continue to evolve and mature as a patient-oriented researcher, teacher, and mentor...
- Clinical/Behavioral Approach to Overweight Latino YouthGregory A Talavera; Fiscal Year: 2013..plan, outcome data for preliminary studies, description of cohort retention strategies, clarification of intention to treat statistical modeling, inclusion of Structural Equation Modeling, increased effort level of co-..
- Selectin inhibitor therapeutics for blood flow related complications of diabetesJohn L Magnani; Fiscal Year: 2010..to optimize our proprietary potent inhibitors of E-selectin for both efficacy and oral bioavailability, with the intention of interfering with the interaction between vascular endothelial selectins and carbohydrates expressed on the ..
- Lactation Effects on Postnatal Endothelial Function and Vascular InflammationKaren M Grewen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Infant feeding intention will be assessed at 3rd trimester...
- Physician Attitudes toward New Biomedical HIV Prevention Interventions in YouthTanya L Kowalczyk Mullins; Fiscal Year: 2013..Physician intention to recommend these agents to adolescents, which is likely to be a powerful predictor of actual recommendations, ..
- EFFECT OF NEURAL CONSTRAINTS ON MOVEMENT IN STROKEJulius P Dewald; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will inform our third approach to detect the intention behind actual hand movements and ultimately determine the impact of the flexion synergy on dynamic wrist/finger ..
- Targeted Correction of the Human Beta-globin GenePeter M Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2010..TFO analogs such as peptide nucleic acids (PNAs) for intracellular binding to the human (3-globin gene with the intention of ultimately generating an optimized reagent set for molecular correction of mutations associated with ..
- Developing a brain-machine interface for an ankle robotLarry Forrester; Fiscal Year: 2012..will provide the first proof of concept that "smart" prostheses for the lower extremity can be controlled by intention using noninvasive EEG...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF TRANSCRIPTION INITIATION IN YEASTMichael Hampsey; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is not our intention to perform a global analysis of looping, but instead to identify loops at genes whose regulatory properties are ..
- Identifying therapeutic targets for vulvodyniaPeter G Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..a novel rat model to identify the biological underpinnings of vestibular inflammatory hypersensitivity with the intention of manipulating a key signaling pathway in order to identify new therapeutic targets in VVS...
- Sidenafil Impacts Exercise Performance in Adolescent Survivors of the FontanRobert E Shaddy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Its long term effects are unknown. This will be a three-year double-blinded, placebo-controlled, intention to treat, phase 3 clinical trial utilizing sildenafil as a pulmonary vasodilator in adolescent survivors of the ..
- Determinants of Use of Safer Conception Strategies Among HIV Clients in UgandaGLENN JOHN WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..with male and female HIV clients (and their partners) who have either recently conceived a child or have an intention to conceive;we will also interview HIV, FP and TH providers to examine knowledge, attitudes and practices ..
- Early Dietary Intervention and Later Signs of Beta-Cell Autoimmunity: Potential MMikael Knip; Fiscal Year: 2012..The study will be based on a randomized pilot intervention trial using an intention to treat statistical analysis to compare e.g. gut permeability between the four treatment groups...
- Phase II Trial of Tiopronin in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid HemorrhageEDWARD SANDER CONNOLLY; Fiscal Year: 2011..It is the intention of this study to examine the effect of tiopronin, an FDA approved drug for the indication of cystine kidney ..
- Robo-Slit Signaling in Avian Cornea InnervationTyler Schwend; Fiscal Year: 2013..better understand the biology of the cornea and its innervations during embryonic development, with a long-range intention of applying the acquired knowledge gained from these studies to devise strategies that lead to repairing damaged ..
- Lunch in the Bag: Packing More Fruit, Vegetables, Grain in Preschool Sack LunchesDEANNA MARIE HOELSCHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the sack lunches;(2) the amounts of these foods consumed by the children;(3) parent knowledge, norms and intention;(4) teacher support and awareness;and (5) center environment to support a healthy diet...
- Elucidating the Mechanisms Underlying Mutant TDP43-induced NeurodegenerationSami Barmada; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the project is to define the pathways involved in mutant TDP43-mediated neurodegeneration, with the ultimate intention of devising therapies with the power to prevent or reverse disease progression...
- Decision support for smoking cessation in young adults with severe mental illnessMARY FRANCES BRUNETTE; Fiscal Year: 2013..attitudes, social norms, and perceived behavioral control regarding a health behavior can be changed to increase intention and behavior enactment...
- Evaluation of a Community-Based Psychosocial Intervention for War-Affected YouthRyan K McBain; Fiscal Year: 2013..The intention of this proposal is to extend this effort by helping conduct a three month follow-up with the initial treatment ..
- Social Media, Teen Moms, and PPDMIMIA CYNTHIA LOGSDON; Fiscal Year: 2013..improved attitude and subjective norms towards depression and depression treatment, perceived control and intention related to seeking depression treatment, and the number of adolescent mothers with symptoms of depression who ..
- Training Leaders to Improve Healthcare Quality in Emergency Settings for ChildrenCharles Macias; Fiscal Year: 2009..Innovative evaluation measures by the investigators will track intention to change, knowledge, attitude and skills as well as standard assessments of conference implementation by AAP ..
- Vestibular control of head movements Natela M Shanidze; Fiscal Year: 2010..In contrast, during self-generated head movements, compensatory head movements would oppose the animal's intention to redirect the line of sight...
- Alcohol Servers Applying PsychologyADAM JOHN WENDT; Fiscal Year: 2011..a two-panel, randomized, controlled study with pre-post surveys of knowledge, skills, self-efficacy, behavioral intention, technology acceptance, and consumer satisfaction, as well as pre-post and follow-up observations in 43 ..
- MULTIPLEX CIS-REGULATORY ANALYSIS IN MAMMALIAN CELLSJoseph C Corbo; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our intention is to demonstrate, in a relatively short time frame, that it is possible to unravel the cis-regulatory grammar ..
- A novel anti-scar peptide for cutaneous wound repairChia Soo; Fiscal Year: 2013..AIM 1 will optimize the dose and duration of F06-C40 for cutaneous scar reduction. A porcine primary intention wound closure model will be used...
- CEST/FLEX MRI for the Detection of the Host Immune Response to CNS GraftsMiroslaw Janowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..that we will have established an efficient method by which to evaluate the immune response against transplanted cells, with the intention to translate this technique further as a diagnostic tool for patients with intracerebral grafts.
- Help Seeking Behavior in College WomenANGELA F AMAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..reporting DV Hypothesis 1) it is expected that a positive relationship of moderate strength will exist between intention to report and a) positive normative beliefs about help seeking, b) lower perceived barriers to help seeking, c) ..
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS)Murray L Katcher; Fiscal Year: 2013..evidence of major disparities in household income, postpartum depression, safe sleep practices, and pregnancy intention. This second cycle of funding will focus on maintaining and improving data collection, broadening partnerships ..
- Normobaric Hyperoxia in Acute Ischemic StrokeAneesh B Singhal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Safety and efficacy of NBO will be determined in an 'intention to treat'statistical analysis of change in NIH stroke scale scores during and after therapy...
- Effects of Silymarin on the MetabolomeStephen J Polyak; Fiscal Year: 2013..The intention of the request is to foster a new collaboration that will characterize the metabolomic response to silymarin (SM)..
- A Skin Cancer Prevention Video Intervention for Organ Transplant RecipientsLois J Loescher; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the video approach on factors known to influence behavior change, specifically attitudes toward skin cancer, intention to engage in sun protection and skin self-examination behaviors, self confidence in performing the behavior, and ..
- Pilot Trial of Metformin in Amnestic MCIJose A Luchsinger; Fiscal Year: 2010..decline, measured with the modified ADAS COG, in persons with AMCI compared to placebo at 12 months based on an intention to treat analysis...
- EMBRYONIC DOPAMINE CELL IMPLANTS FOR PARKINSONISMCurt Freed; Fiscal Year: 2005..The intention is to address five questions: 1) Do implanted patients show clinical improvement over periods of years? 2) Does ..
- PHOSPHORUS-CONTAINING TRANSITION STATE ANALOGSPaul Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 1990..Our intention is to develop effective strategies for the design of biologically active molecules and to provide insight into ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF SOUND LOCALIZATIONCatherine Carr; Fiscal Year: 2000..Research training support is requested for these experiments. Our intention is to compare the timing of this gene expression with the physiological and anatomical maturation of the delay ..
- STRATEGIES TO REDUCE HIV SEXUAL RISK PRACTICESRobert Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2000..aim of Phase 1b is to determine the interrelationships among behavioral mediators to risk reduction, such as intention or self-efficacy, and examine how they vary by individual, social, and environmental conditions...
- Action tremor & dementia in male carriers of fragile XJames Grigsby; Fiscal Year: 2007..is to define the clinical features of a newly identified, progressive neurologic disorder consisting of intention tremor, ataxia, and dementia, with generalized brain atrophy and inclusion bodies, among older men with the ..
- MORTALITY AND MORBIDITY IN HEMODIALYSIS PATIENTSAndrew Levey; Fiscal Year: 2001..is a randomized trial of the effect of two independent interventions, employing a 2x2 factorial design and an intention-to-treat analysis of mortality and morbidity...
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF SYNTHETICALLY ENGINEERED RNASESBrian Edwards; Fiscal Year: 1993..bovine pancreatic ribonucleases which exhibit altered catalytic efficiency or substrate specificity, with the intention of delineating further the roles played by aspartic acid-121 and phenylalanine-120 in establishing the catalytic ..
- Frontiers in Statistical Genetics for NIAMS ResearchersHemant Tiwari; Fiscal Year: 2005..an emerging body of research suggests that, when analyses are confined to obese individuals who profess an intention to lose weight, subsequent weight loss is associated with no harmful effect and perhaps a very modest decrease ..
- Genomic and immunological comparisons of M africanum and M tuberculosisBouke C de Jong; Fiscal Year: 2010..de Jong moved to the Gambia in 2003. Her intention was to identify M...
- Fragile X-associated Tremor/Ataxia SyndromePaul Hagerman; Fiscal Year: 2009..for a progressive neurological disorder, fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS), which involves intention tremor, gait ataxia, and dementia, and affects at least 1/3 of males over 50 years of age who carry small (..