acidulated phosphate fluoride
Summary: A sodium fluoride solution, paste or powder, which has been acidulated to pH 3 to 4 and buffered with a phosphate. It is used in the prevention of dental caries.
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of application time of APF and NaF gels on microhardness and fluoride uptake of in vitro enamel cariesAlberto Carlos Botazzo Delbem
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, , UNESP, , Brazil
Am J Dent 15:169-72. 2002..05). It was found that the time of application was significant in terms of fluoride uptake, but it did not render the enamel more resistant to demineralization...
- Effect of fluoridated dentifrice and acidulated phosphate fluoride application on early artificial carious lesionsAdriana Franco Paes Leme
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, SP, Brazil
Am J Dent 16:91-5. 2003PURPOSE: To evaluate the effect of a combination of fluoride dentifrice and acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) on enamel with incipient caries lesions...
- Comparison of the effect of topical fluorides on the commercially available conventional glass ionomers, resin modified glass ionomers and polyacid modified composite resins--an in vitro studyJ V Setty
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, College of Dental Sciences, Davangere
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 21:55-69. 2003....
- Artificial enamel dental caries treated with different topical fluoride regimes: an in situ studyJ J Jardim
Department of Social and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Dent 36:396-401. 2008To evaluate whether the topical fluoride application (acidulated phosphate fluoride, APF) at high concentration has an additional effect on the control of enamel lesions compared to fluoride dentifrice (FD; low concentration)...
- Phosphoric acid incorporated with acidulated phosphate fluoride gel etchant effects on bracket bondingMin-Jeong Kim
Dental Biomaterials Science, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Angle Orthod 75:678-84. 2005The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of etching with phosphoric acid incorporated in an acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel on the bonding of a bracket and the loss of sound enamel...
- Effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride and casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate application on shear bond strength of orthodontic bracketsDefne Kecik
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Angle Orthod 78:129-33. 2008To evaluate the effect of a recently introduced prophylactic agent, casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate (CPP-ACP), on shear bond strength of brackets and compare it with the effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF).
- The effect of different etching times of acidulated phosphate fluoride gel on the shear bond strength of high-leucite ceramics bonded to composite resinBoonlert Kukiattrakoon
Division of Crown and Bridge, Department of Conservative Dentistry, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
J Prosthet Dent 98:17-23. 2007A 10-minute treatment with acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel has been used as an alternative in ceramic surface etching before repairing with composite resin. However, the optimal etching time for APF gel is still unknown.
- Influence of acidulated phosphate fluoride solution on the color stability of indirect compositesNaomi Tanoue
Nagasaki University Hospital of Dentistry, Nagasaki, Japan
J Prosthet Dent 92:343-7. 2004Although acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) agents are known to be useful for caries-preventive interventions, few studies have examined the influence of APF agents on indirect composite materials.
- Effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel on the adherence of cariogenic bacteria to resin compositesYoung J Kim
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, 28-2, Yeongun-dong, Chongno-Ku, Seoul 110-744, Korea
Am J Dent 18:91-4. 2005PURPOSE: To evaluate the effect of 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) and the subsequent polishing on the in vitro adherence of mutans streptococci to resin composites in a model that simulated the oral cavity conditions...
- Comparison of short-term in vitro fluoride release and recharge from four different types of pit-and-fissure sealantsHiroshi Koga
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Tokyo Dental College, 1-2-2 Masago, Mihama-ku, Chiba 261-8502, Japan
Bull Tokyo Dent Coll 45:173-9. 2004..After seven days, acidulated phosphate fluoride solution (APF) was applied to each specimen, and it was then again immersed in distilled water for 14 ..
- In vitro enamel caries formation: argon laser, light-emitting diode and APF treatment effectGary H Westerman
Department of Community and Preventive Dentistry, Creighton University, Omaha, NE, USA
Am J Dent 17:383-7. 2004PURPOSE: To evaluate argon laser irradiation (AL), light-emitting diode exposure (LED), and acidulated phosphate fluoride treatment (APF) in vitro effects on caries-like enamel caries formation...
- The effect of a bi-annual professional application of APF foam on dental caries increment in primary teeth: 24-month clinical trialH Jiang
Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Luoyu Road 237, Wuhan City, China 430079
J Dent Res 84:265-8. 2005The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of a bi-annual professional application of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) foam on caries increment in the primary dentition over a two-year period in the People's Republic of ..
- Argon laser irradiation and fluoride treatment effects on caries-like enamel lesion formation in primary teeth: an in vitro studyGary H Westerman
Department of Community and Preventive Dentistry, Creighton University, School of Dentistry, Omaha, NE, USA
Am J Dent 17:241-4. 2004PURPOSE: To evaluate topical acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) and low fluence argon laser (Ar) treatment effects on in vitro caries formation in primary tooth enamel...
- Effect of fluoride and 10% carbamide peroxide on the surface roughness of low-fusing and ultra low-fusing porcelainCraig J Butler
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland, 21201 USA
J Prosthet Dent 92:179-83. 2004..05). RESULTS: The data showed that the acidulated phosphate fluoride etched the auto-glazed surface of all 3 porcelains...
- An in vitro study of enamel surface microhardness following argon laser irradiation and acidulated phosphate fluoride treatmentGary H Westerman
Department of Community and Preventive Dentistry, Creighton University, School of Dentistry, Omaha, Neb, USA
Pediatr Dent 25:497-500. 2003The purpose of this in vitro study was to evaluate the effect of low-fluence argon laser (AL) irradiation and acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel treatment on enamel microhardness.
- Primary tooth enamel surface topography with in vitro argon laser irradiation alone and combined fluoride and argon laser treatment: scanning electon microscopic studyJ Hicks
Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex, USA
Pediatr Dent 25:491-6. 2003....
- Fluoride release by restorative materials before and after a topical application of fluoride gelDenise Pedrini
Department of Surgery and Integrated Clinic, , , Brazil
Pesqui Odontol Bras 17:137-41. 2003..II LC and Freedom) was evaluated during two 15-day periods, before and after a topical application of acidulated phosphate fluoride gel (APF). For each material, 6 specimens were made, which were immersed in 2 ml of deionized water...
- Prevention. Part 7: professionally applied topical fluorides for caries preventionR Hawkins
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Br Dent J 195:313-7. 2003..A cleaning, or prophylaxis, is not necessary before the application of topical fluoride for caries prevention. In conclusion, when used appropriately, PATFs are a safe, effective means of reducing caries risk among high-risk populations...
- The use of fluoride varnish in children: a critical review with treatment recommendationsElizabeth K Miller
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Chapell Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
J Clin Pediatr Dent 32:259-64. 2008....
- Effect of APF gel on micromorphology of resin modified glass-ionomer cements and flowable compomersY Benderli
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 32:669-75. 2005....
- Fluoride oral retention after professional topical application in children with caries activity: effect of the immediate water consumptionMariana de Figueiredo Lopes
Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Maranhao, Sao Luis, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:121-4. 2008..about the time patients must refrain from drinking or eating after a professional application of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF), the purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of water consumption on fluoride in saliva.
- Role of remineralizing fluid in in vitro enamel caries formation and progressionJohn Hicks
Department of Pathology, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Quintessence Int 38:313-9. 2007..To evaluate a remineralizing fluid for its influence on in vitro caries formation and progression...
- Effects of low power red laser on induced-dental caries in ratsKarin P Müller
Center for Lasers and Applications, IPEN CNEN SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 52:648-54. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of low power red laser associated with acidulated phosphate fluoride on the development of induced-dental caries in rats.
- Combined effects of carbon dioxide laser and fluoride on demineralized primary enamel: an in vitro studyE P S Tagliaferro
Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Brazil
Caries Res 41:74-6. 2007..6 microm) alone or combined with acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) on the inhibition of lesion progression in primary enamel...
- Enamel remineralization: the medical model of practicing dentistryLouts Malcmacher
Ada, Council on Dental Practice, USA
Dent Today 25:68-9. 2006
- Corrosion behavior of pure titanium and titanium alloys in various concentrations of Acidulated Phosphate Fluoride (APF) solutionsYoshinari Matono
Department of Biomaterials, Faculty of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Dent Mater J 25:104-12. 2006..5Pt alloy in 0.05% to 2.0% concentrations of Acidulated Phosphate Fluoride (APF) solutions (corresponding to 226 to 9,050 ppm fluoride at pH 3.5 or 3.6) were examined...
- Evaluation of fluoride release from teeth after topical application of NaF, SnF2 and APF and antimicrobial activity on mutans streptococciN D Shashikiran
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, College of Dental Sciences, Davangere, Karnataka, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:239-45. 2006..IN CONCLUSION: 8% SnF2 is expected to have greater anticaries property from the high fluoride releasing property for prolonged period of time...
- Comparison of three topical fluorides using computer imagingMuhammad Faisal Khattak
Al-Hada Armed Forces Hospital, Taif, Saudi Arabia
J Clin Pediatr Dent 30:139-44. 2005..24). The results of this study suggest that fluoride varnish is beneficial for use with white spot lesions, newly erupted permanent teeth and early decalcification in primary dentition...
- Variation in surface topography of different NiTi orthodontic archwires in various commercial fluoride-containing environmentsHer Hsiung Huang
Faculty of Dentistry, School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Dent Mater 23:24-33. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the influence of a fluoride-containing environment on the surface topography variations of different nickel-titanium (NiTi) orthodontic archwires...
- Effect of regular fluoride gel application on incipient carious lesionsMaria Angela Fernandes Ferreira
Department of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Brazil
Oral Health Prev Dent 3:141-9. 2005To evaluate the efficacy of weekly supervised tooth-brushing with a toothpaste and a 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride gel (APF) gel on white lesion reversal to treat incipient enamel lesions.
- Failure analysis of resin composite bonded to ceramicAlvaro Della Bona
School of Dentistry, The University of Passo Fundo, P O Box 611 613, RS 99001 970, Passo Fundo, Brazil
Dent Mater 19:693-9. 2003..To use fractographic principles to classify the mode of failure of resin composite bonded to ceramic specimens after microtensile testing...
- Surface changes induced by fluoride prophylactic agents on titanium-based orthodontic wiresIkuya Watanabe
Department of Biomaterials Science, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University Sytem Health Science Center, Dallas, 75246, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 123:653-6. 2003..Glendora, Calif) with similar sizes were prepared and immersed in 5 fluoride prophylactic agents (2 acidulated phosphate fluoride agents [Nupro APF (Dentsply International, York, Pa) and Florentine III (Confi-Dental, Louisville, ..
- Effects of professionally applied topical fluorides on surface hardness of composite-based restorativesAdrian U J Yap
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore
Oper Dent 27:576-81. 2002..23% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) foam, 0.9% neutral foam, 1.23% APF gel and 0.4% stannous fluoride gel...
- Dental erosion: in vitro model of wine assessor's erosionT B Mok
Department of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Dent J 46:263-8. 2001....
- Microstructure, composition, and etching topography of dental ceramicsAlvaro Della Bona
School of Dentistry, University of Passo Fundo, PO Box 611 613, Passo Fundo, RS, 99001 970 Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 15:159-67. 2002..This study tested the hypothesis that the etching mechanism changes according to the type of etchant and the ceramic microstructure and composition...
- Efficacy of APF treatments without prior toothcleaning targeted to high-risk childrenM Olivier
School of Dental Medicine, Laval University, , Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:38-42. 1992..These findings suggest that the efficacy of APF gel applications without previous prophylaxis varies according to the individual risk of the subjects and that more comprehensive programs should be targeted to very high-risk children...
- Fluoride release and uptake capacities of fluoride-releasing restorative materialsNuray Attar
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Oper Dent 28:395-402. 2003..At the end of this period, the samples were recharged with 2 ml of 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel for four minutes. Then, all samples were reassessed for an additional 10 days...
- Influence of acidulated phosphate fluoride agent and effectiveness of subsequent polishing on composite material surfacesKohyoh Soeno
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
Oper Dent 27:305-10. 2002..examined the surface morphological changes of prosthodontic composite materials when exposed to an acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) agent and the effectiveness of subsequent polishing on APF-treated material surfaces...
- Fluoride release/uptake of conventional and resin-modified glass ionomers, and compomersW Gao
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, Beijing Medical University, China
J Dent 29:301-6. 2001..from a range of freshly-prepared aesthetic restorative materials, and then the effects of a topical acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel...
- Microleakage in amalgam restorations: influence of cavity cleanser solutions and anticariogenic agentsE Piva
Federal University of Pelotas, School of Dentistry, Department of Operative Dentistry, Pelotas-RS, Brazil
Oper Dent 26:383-8. 2001..5% sodium hypochlorite; Group II-Calcium hydroxide solution; Group III-1.23% Acidulated phosphate fluoride; Group IV-2% digluconate of chlorhexidine; Group V-anionic detergent solution (1...
- Effects of APF gel on the physical structure of compomers and glass ionomer cementsK H Yip
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Oper Dent 26:231-8. 2001This study assessed the effect of an acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel on the surfaces of eight modern esthetic restorative materials...
- Studies on dental erosion: An in vivo-in vitro model of endogenous dental erosion--its application to testing protection by fluoride gel applicationL Jones
Dental School, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Dent J 47:304-8. 2002..Three tiles on each appliance were coated extra-orally with either 1.23 per cent acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) or 2...
- Effect of topical fluoride on retention of pit and fissure sealantsD P Warren
Department of Dental Public Health and Dental Hygiene, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Dent Hyg 75:21-4. 2001..CONCLUSION: This study suggests that sealant retention may not be adversely affected by a topical fluoride treatment applied immediately prior to placement...
- The effect of home-use fluoride gels on glass-ionomer, compomer and composite resin restorationsP Dionysopoulos
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Dental School, Department of Operative Dentistry, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Oral Rehabil 30:683-9. 2003..distilled water, (ii). neutral fluoride gel and (iii). acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel...
- Effects of fluoride treatment on phosphoric acid-etching in primary teeth: an AFM observationSamjin Choi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Micron 41:498-506. 2010..to one of the four groups based on the timing of acid-etching with 37% phosphoric acid after an acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) pre-treatment...
- Effect of feldspathic ceramic surface treatments on bond strength to resin cementPeter Shiu
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 25:291-6. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the shear bond strength of resin cement to feldspathic ceramic with various surface treatments...
- Fluoride - is it capable of fighting old and new dental diseases? An overview of existing fluoride compounds and their clinical applicationsE Brambilla
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Milan, Italy
Caries Res 35:6-9. 2001..Solutions, gels, toothpastes and rinses of sodium fluoride, stannous fluoride, amine fluorides, acidulated phosphate fluoride and monofluorophosphate were used for topical fluoridation...
- Cytotoxicity of orthodontic wire corroded in fluoride solution in vitroChia Tze Kao
Institute of Medicine, Institute of Oral Material Science, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan
Angle Orthod 77:349-54. 2007..To investigate the toxicity of fluoride corrosion extracts of stainless steel (SS) and nickel-titanium (NiTi) wires on a human osteosarcoma cell line (U2OS)...
- Effect of different topical fluoride applications on the surface roughness of a colored compomerAysun Avsar
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
J Appl Oral Sci 18:171-7. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of neutral sodium fluoride (NNaF) gel and acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel on the surface roughness of colored compomer (Twinky Star), conventional compomer (Compoglass F) and resin-..
- Surface degradation of glass ceramics after exposure to acidulated phosphate fluorideVanessa Zulema S Ccahuana
Sao Jose dos Campos Dental School, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 18:155-65. 2010This study evaluated the surface degradation effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel exposure on the glassy matrix ceramics as a function of time.
- Microtensile bond strength of a resin cement to feldpathic ceramic after different etching and silanization regimens in dry and aged conditionsAline Scalone Brentel
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Dent Mater 23:1323-31. 2007..This study evaluated the durability of bond strength between resin cement and a feldspathic ceramic submitted to different etching regimens with and without silane coupling agent application...
- Effects of new formulas of bleaching gel and fluoride application on enamel microhardness: an in vitro studyJuliana B da Costa
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Division of Operative Dentistry, Oregon Health and Science University OHSU School of Dentistry, Portland, OR, USA
Oper Dent 32:589-94. 2007..11% fluoride), C: Nite White Excel 3 (ACP), D: Opalescence + F (acidulated phosphate fluoride 1.23%), E: Opalescence PF + F, F: Nite White Excel 3 + F...
- Effects of 10% carbamide peroxide treatment and sodium fluoride therapies on human enamel surface microhardnessGuilherme Alberto Loureiro Leandro
Department of Dentistry, University of Taubate, Brazil
Gen Dent 56:274-7. 2008..one receiving a 10% carbamide peroxide treatment, one receiving 10% carbamide peroxide plus acidulated phosphate fluoride, one receiving 10% carbamide peroxide with 0.2% NaF, and one receiving 10% carbamide peroxide and 0...
- Work of adhesion of resin on treated lithia disilicate-based ceramicAlvaro Della Bona
School of Dentistry, The University of Passo Fundo, P O Box 611 613, Passo Fundo, RS, Brazil
Dent Mater 20:338-44. 2004..This study is to test the hypothesis that chemical etching and silane coating of a ceramic surface will influence the work of adhesion (WA) of adhesive resin to dental ceramic...
- The methods for the generation of smoothness in dental ceramicsKerem Yilmaz
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Ankara, Turkey
Compend Contin Educ Dent 31:30-2, 34, 36-8 passim; quiz 42, 44. 2010Occlusal corrections, acidulated phosphate fluoride applications, carbonated beverages, or air-powder abrasion procedures can roughen the surface of restorations. Once deteriorated, porcelain surfaces need to be repolished...
- Fluoride uptake and acid resistance of enamel irradiated with Er:YAG laserFlávia M Bevilácqua
Laboratório Especial de Laser em Odontologia LELO, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 23:141-7. 2008..47 J/cm(2), 19.10 J/cm(2), 2.08 J/cm(2), 1.8 J/cm(2), and 0.9 J/cm(2)). The application of acidulated phosphate fluoride was performed after treatments. All samples were immersed in 2 ml of 2...
- Feasibility of including APF gel application in a school oral health promotion program as a caries-preventive agent: a community intervention trialNeha Agrawal
Department of Public Health Dentistry, MS Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, India
J Oral Sci 53:185-91. 2011..These results suggest that biannual APF gel application is an effective preventive measure in reversing incipient carious lesions...
- Fluoride prophylactic agents effect on ceramic bracket tie-wing fracture strengthDonald J Sanchez
Department of Orthodontics, AZ School of Dentistry and Oral Health, Mesa, AZ, USA
Angle Orthod 78:524-30. 2008..To test the hypothesis that fluoride prophylactic agents do not affect the fracture strength and fracture morphology of the tie-wing complex of ceramic brackets...
- Effect of fluoride gels on occlusal fissures in primary molars: an in vitro studyM C Ferreira
Department of Health Sciences, Universidale Federal dos Vales do Jequitinhonha e Mucuri, Brazil
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 12:288-92. 2011..To assess the effect of the application of fluoride gels on the acid resistance of occlusal enamel in primary molars...
- Kinetics of fluoride release from and reuptake by orthodontic cementsYi Chun Lin
Dental Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 133:427-34. 2008..The purposes of this in-vitro study were to compare the fluoride-release profiles and the fluoride release, reuptake, and rerelease characteristics of orthodontic cements before and after topical fluoride treatment...
- The effects of lasers and fluoride on the acid resistance of decalcified human enamelChun Chih Chen
Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Photomed Laser Surg 27:447-52. 2009..amount of healthy enamel and increase the acid resistance of decalcified enamel, a CO(2) laser, an Nd:YAG laser, and acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) were used to treat incipient carious lesions, then their effects were compared.
- The effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride incorporated phosphoric acid etchant on shear bond strength of orthodontic bracketsBehnam Khosravanifard
Department of Orthodontics, Islamic Azad University, Dental Branch, Tehran, Iran
Dent Res J (Isfahan) 8:183-8. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of adding acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) to phosphoric acid etchant on shear bond strength (SBS) and adhesive remnant index (ARI) of orthodontic brackets bonded to etched teeth.
- Reduction of caries in rural school-children exposed to fluoride through a milk-fluoridation programme in Araucania, ChileA Weitz
Microminerals Laboratory, Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Community Dent Health 24:186-91. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of a dental caries prevention programme on the permanent dentition of Chilean rural schoolchildren using fluoridated powdered milk and milk derivatives...
- Optimal acidulated phosphate fluoride gel etching time for surface treatment of feldspathic porcelain: on shear bond strength to resin compositeBoonlert Kukiattrakoon
Prince of Songkla University, Faculty of Dentistry Dental Materials Research Unit, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand
Eur J Dent 6:63-9. 2012This in vitro study evaluated the shear bond strength (SBS) of resin composite to feldspathic porcelain after acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel treatment over different periods of time.
- Treatment of root sensitivity after periodontal therapyMaria F Fiocchi
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas Dental Branch, Houston, USA
Am J Dent 20:217-20. 2007....
- Finn Brudevold: discovery of acidulated phosphate fluoride in caries preventionE Newbrun
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0650, USA
J Dent Res 90:977-80. 2011..This article traces his scientific career and focuses on his discovery and development of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) for practical use in caries prevention...
- A possible mechanism of acquired acid resistance of human dental enamel by laser irradiationT Oho
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Caries Res 24:86-92. 1990..The ions released by an acid decalcification would be trapped in the microspaces in lased enamel, whereas such ions diffuse to the surrounding solution in unlased enamel...
- Comparison of friction force between corroded and noncorroded titanium nitride plating of metal bracketsChia Tze Kao
Institute of Oral Biology and Biomaterial, College of Oral Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 139:594-600. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the friction forces between the orthodontic bracket, with or without TiN plating, and stainless steel wire after it was corroded in fluoride-containing solution...
- Effect of APF gel application time on enamel demineralization and fluoride uptake in situRita Sarmiento Villena
Department of Community Dentistry, Dental School, Cayetano Heredia University, Lima, Peru
Braz Dent J 20:37-41. 2009This in situ crossover and blind study was conducted to investigate the effect of professional acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel application time on the subsequent inhibition of enamel demineralization...
- Application of fluoride iontophoresis to improve remineralizationH E Kim
Department of Preventive Dentistry and Public Oral Health, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Brain Korea 21 Project, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Oral Rehabil 36:770-5. 2009..The types of fluoride system used for application were 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride gel (12 300 p.p.m. F, pH 3.5) and 2% sodium fluoride solution (9050 p.p.m...
- Comparison of remineralization effect of three topical fluoride regimens on enamel initial carious lesionsY E Lee
Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, 2 188 1, Jung Gu, SamDuk Dong, 700 412, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Dent 38:166-71. 2010..This study was conducted to compare the effects of 3 topical fluoride treatments on the surface microhardness, fluoride uptake, and fluorescence lesion area in enamel...
- Effect of Nd:YAG irradiation and fluoride application on dentine resistance to erosion in vitroAna Carolina Magalhaes
Department of Child and Social Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 26:559-63. 2008..In this paper we evaluated the effect of two fluoridated agents and Nd:YAG irradiation separately and in combination on dentine resistance to erosion...
- In vivo study of pixel grey-measurement in digital subtraction radiography for monitoring caries remineralizationL S Carneiro
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brazil
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:73-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the performance of a quantitative method, based on pixel grey value measurements, for monitoring caries remineralization...
- APF and dentifrice effect on root dentin demineralization and biofilmG C Vale
Piracicaba Dental School, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Dent Res 90:77-81. 2011..Analysis of the data suggests that the combination of APF gel application and daily regular use of 1100-ppm-F dentifrice may provide additional protection against root caries compared with the dentifrice alone...
- Evaluation of primary tooth enamel surface morphology and microhardness after Nd:YAG laser irradiation and APF gel treatment--an in vitro studyNaveen Reddy Banda
Department of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, Modern Dental College and Research Centre, Gandhinagar, Airport Road, Indore 453112, Madhya Pradesh, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 35:377-82. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate microhardness alterations in the primary tooth enamel after Nd-YAG laser irradiation alone and combined with topical fluoride treatment either before or after Nd-YAG laser irradiation...
- Effects of ER,Cr:YSGG laser irradiation and fluoride treatment on acid resistance of the enamelM Moslemi
Pediatric Department, Dental School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Pediatr Dent 31:409-13. 2009The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of the Er,Cr:YSGG loser on the enamel's acid resistance when irradiated alone, prior to or after acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) treatment.
- Effects of different fluoride recharging protocols on fluoride ion release from various orthodontic adhesivesSug Joon Ahn
Dental Research Institute and Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, 28 22 Yunkeun Dong, ChongRo Ku, Seoul 110 768, Republic of Korea
J Dent 39:196-201. 2011..The purpose of this study was to find the most effective fluoride recharging protocol for orthodontic adhesives...
- Comparative evaluation of the effect of topical fluorides on the microhardness of various restorative materials: an in vitro studyN C Gill
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Dr HSJ Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 28:193-9. 2010..However, the high reactivity of fluoride agents used in topical fluorides may result in the deterioration of surface properties of these restorations...
- Repairing ceramic restorations: final solution or alternative procedure?Eduardo Galia Reston
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Lutheran University of Brazil, Canoas, RS, Brazil
Oper Dent 33:461-6. 2008..It addresses possible modes of failure and factors that may influence the decision to either repair or replace ceramic restorations. The authors' intention was to present ceramic repair as a reliable, low-cost, low-risk technique...
- A scanning electron microscopic study of enamel surfaces treated with topical fluoride agents in vivoF N Hattab
Department of Children s Dentistry and Orthodontics, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, University of Hong Kong
ASDC J Dent Child 55:205-9. 1988..The prolonged retention of a F-rich surface coating may act as a reservoir of F supplement to the enamel microenvironment, which thus contributes to remineralization...
- Induction of apoptosis in rabbit oral mucosa by 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride gelChia Ling Tsai
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Arch Toxicol 82:81-7. 2008Applying of 1.23% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel to prevent caries in children has become very popular among dental practitioners. When applied to dental surfaces, however, APF often comes into contact with the oral mucosa...
- Fluoride exchange from glass ionomer preventive resin restorationsA Kupietzky
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, New Jersey Dental School
Pediatr Dent 16:340-5. 1994..001) or amalgam restorations. As a result of fluoride release, the glass ionomer preventive resin restoration may afford chemical protection to the tooth if sealant loss occurs...
- Durability of FTLA treatment as a medicament for dentin hypersensitivity--abrasion resistance and profiles of fluoride releaseKiyoshi Tomiyama
Department of Oral Medicine, Division of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Kanagawa Dental College, 82 Inaoka cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 238 8580, Japan
Dent Mater J 23:585-92. 2004..These characteristics lend much weight to showing that the FTLA method is an effective and durable medicament for dentin hypersensitivity...
- Effects of artificial saliva and APF gel on the surface roughness of newer glass ionomer cementsH Kevin Yip
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Oper Dent 29:661-8. 2004..To investigate the surface roughness changes of newer esthetic dental restorative materials with aging and acid erosion in a simulated oral environment...
- Caries reductions related to the use of fluorides: a retrospective cohort studyMaria da Luz R de Sousa
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, London, UK
Int Dent J 52:315-20. 2002..There was no difference in caries levels between children having fluoride rinses and those having fluoride rinses and fluoride gel...
- Fluoride varnishes in caries preventionLiisa Seppä
Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Med Princ Pract 13:307-11. 2004..Application is fast and easy. Professional prophylaxis is not necessary, and the patient can leave immediately after the treatment. No acute toxicity has been reported after using any fluoride varnish...
- Shear bond strength between titanium alloys and composite resin: sandblasting versus fluoride-gel treatmentBum Soon Lim
Department of Dental Biomaterials, College of Dentistry and Intellectual Biointerface Engineering Center, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 64:38-43. 2003..2000), sandblasting (50-microm Al2O3), and commercially available acidulated phosphate fluoride gel (F-=1.23%, pH 3.0). After treatment, surfaces of alloy were analyzed by SEM/EDXA...
- Hydrogen embrittlement of work-hardened Ni-Ti alloy in fluoride solutionsKen ichi Yokoyama
Department of Dental Engineering, School of Dentistry, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Biomaterials 26:101-8. 2005Hydrogen embrittlement of work-hardened Ni-Ti alloy has been examined in acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) solutions. Upon immersion in a 2.0% APF solution with a pH of 5.0, tensile strength decreased markedly with immersion time...
- Fluoride varnish for caries prevention: comparisons with other preventive agents and recommendations for a community-based protocolJane A Weintraub
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry, 3333 California Street, Suite 495, San Francisco, California 94143 1361, USA
Spec Care Dentist 23:180-6. 2003..FV is compared with studies using other caries preventive agents: 0.2% NaF mouthrinse, acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel, dental sealants, water fluoridation and chlorhexidine...
- Hydrogen absorption behavior of beta titanium alloy in acid fluoride solutionsToshio Ogawa
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 3-4-1 Okubo Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8555, Japan
Biomaterials 25:2419-25. 2004..The amount of absorbed hydrogen increased with immersion time in a 2.0% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) solution...
- In situ effect of frequent sucrose exposure on enamel demineralization and on plaque composition after APF application and F dentifrice useA F Paes Leme
Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, , Brazil
J Dent Res 83:71-5. 2004..on plaque composition is not clearly established, this study examined the effect of the combination of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) application and F dentifrice on enamel demineralization and on plaque composition...
- Fracture associated with hydrogen absorption of sustained tensile-loaded titanium in acid and neutral fluoride solutionsKen ichi Yokoyama
Department of Dental Engineering, School of Dentistry, The University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima, 770 8504, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res A 68:150-8. 2004..It was found that the fracture of titanium occurred in neutral 2.0% NaF solution as well as in 2.0% acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) solution. The time to fracture decreased with increasing applied stress in both 2.0% APF and 2...
- A new fluoride-releasing rubber cup for professional oral hygieneStefan Zimmer
Charite, Humboldt University Berlin School of Dentistry, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Dent 13:253-7. 2002..The newly developed fluoride releasing Hawe Neos cup represents an effective alternative to conventional procedures for supragingival professional tooth cleaning on enamel...
- Effect of APF Minute-Foam on the surface roughness, hardness, and micromorphology of high-viscosity glass ionomersFranklin Garcia-Godoy
Biomaterials Research Center, College of Dental Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla, USA
J Dent Child (Chic) 70:19-23. 2003..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the effect of Oral-B APF Minute-Foam on the surface roughness, hardness and morphology of high-viscosity glass-ionomer cements (GICs)...
- Effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride solution on veneering particulate filler compositeK Soeno
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Sakamoto, Japan
Int J Prosthodont 14:127-32. 2001The objective of the current study was to investigate the surface morphologic characteristics of prosthodontic composite materials treated with an acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) agent.
- Effect of ceramic surface treatment on tensile bond strength to a resin cementAlvaro Della Bona
School of Dentistry, University of Passo Fundo, PO Box 611 613, Passo Fundo, RS 99001 970, Brazil
Int J Prosthodont 15:248-53. 2002....
- Effect of Er:YAG laser on CaF2 formation and its anti-cariogenic action on human enamel: an in vitro studyA C B Delbem
School of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Paulista State University UNESP, SP, Brazil
J Clin Laser Med Surg 21:197-201. 2003The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of Er:YAG laser on the formation of CaF(2), after the application of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF), and its influence on the anti-cariogenic action in human dental enamel.
- The effect of different porcelain conditioning techniques on shear bond strength of stainless steel bracketsI Gillis
Department of Orthodontics, Hebrew University Hadassah, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 114:387-92. 1998..After debonding by means of a shearing force, the percentage of damaged porcelain surfaces in the silane+Concise groups was significantly higher than the silane+Right-On and High-Q-Bond groups...
- Mechanical properties and surface characterization of beta titanium and stainless steel orthodontic wire following topical fluoride treatmentMary P Walker
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry, Kansas City, MO, USA
Angle Orthod 77:342-8. 2007..To study the effect of fluoride prophylactic agents on the loading and unloading mechanical properties and surface quality of beta titanium and stainless steel orthodontic wires...
- Effects of daily topical fluoride gels on resin composite degradation and wearK Kula
Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, University of Missouri Kansas City Dental School, USA
Dent Mater 13:305-11. 1997..This in vitro study compares the effects of professional and consumer-applied topical fluorides on the weight, wear resistance and surface appearance of a resin composite containing barium boroaluminosilicate glass filler particles...
- Effects of 960-nm diode laser irradiation on calcium solubility of dental enamel: an in vitro studyIlka T Kato
, , , , Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 24:689-93. 2006OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of 960 nm diode laser and acidulated phosphate fluoride on calcium solubility of human dental enamel...
- PREVENTION OF DENTAL CARIESShozo Takagi; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Radiation Therapy Impact on Structure/Mechanics of TeethMary Walker; Fiscal Year: 2007..A key strength of this project is the associated feedback mechanism that relates the clinical problem to both clinical and laboratory data, the integration of scientific principles into clinical practice. ..
- Understanding the mechanism of radiotherapy-induced dentition breakdownYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, future improvements for preventing and treating post-radiation dentition breakdown depend on new knowledge of the underlying mechanism of radiation-induced damage at the tooth level. ..