Summary: An irrational reaction compounded of grief, loss of self-esteem, enmity against the rival and self criticism.
Publications191 found, 100 shown here
- Gender-typical responses to sexual and emotional infidelity as a function of mortality salience induced self-esteem strivingJamie L Goldenberg
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis 95616 8686, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 29:1585-95. 2003The authors propose that gender-differentiated patterns of jealousy in response to sexual and emotional infidelity are engendered by the differential impact of each event on self-esteem for men and women...
- Swings and roundabouts: management of jealousy in heterosexual swinging couplesRichard De Visser
Department of Psychology, University of Sussex, Falmer BN1 9QH, UK
Br J Soc Psychol 46:459-76. 2007Swinging involves consensual mutual involvement in extra-dyadic sex. Jealousy in swinging couples is an interesting topic for social psychological research, because it is a common and acceptable response to a romantic partner's real or ..
- Psychophysiological responses to imagined infidelity: the specific innate modular view of jealousy reconsideredC R Harris
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0109, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 78:1082-91. 2000..The specific innate modular theory of gender differences in jealousy hypothesizes that men are upset by sexual infidelity and women are upset by emotional infidelity, because of ..
- Adolescents' aggressive and prosocial behavior: associations with jealousy and social anxietyCarmen M Culotta
University of New Orleans, USA
J Genet Psychol 169:21-33. 2008..examined how relational aggression, physical aggression, and proactive prosocial behavior were associated with jealousy and social anxiety in a diverse sample of 60 middle school students...
- More information than you ever wanted: does Facebook bring out the green-eyed monster of jealousy?Amy Muise
Department of Psychology, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:441-4. 2009..including information described in the popular media, suggests that Facebook may be responsible for creating jealousy and suspicion in romantic relationships...
- Reconsidering evolved sex differences in jealousy: comment on Harris (2003)Brad J Sagarin
Department of Psychology, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Rev 9:62-75; discussion 76-86. 2005..recent article, Harris (2003) concluded that the data do not support the existence of evolved sex differences in jealousy. Harris' review correctly identifies fatal flaws in three lines of evidence (spousal abuse, homicide, morbid ..
- The evolution of jealousyDavid M Buss
Trends Cogn Sci 9:506-7; author reply 508-10. 2005
- Jealous love and morbid jealousyCarlo Maggini
Neuroscience Department, Section of Psychiatry, University of Parma, Italy
Acta Biomed 77:137-46. 2006Jealous love and morbid jealousy, although inextricably linked, cannot be considered the same: jealous love (trait jealousy) is the behavioral and cognitive-affective precondition of morbid jealousy (state jealousy)...
- Heterogeneity of the jealousy phenomenon in the general population: an Italian studyDonatella Marazziti
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
CNS Spectr 15:19-24. 2010Despite the general agreement that normal jealousy is heterogenous, little is known about this specific topic.
- Normal and obsessional jealousy: a study of a population of young adultsDonatella Marazziti
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie, University of Pisa, Via Roma, 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 18:106-11. 2003b>Jealousy is a heterogenous emotion ranging from normality to pathology. Several problems still exist in the distinction between normal and pathological jealousy.
- Sex differences in jealousy: evolutionary mechanism or artifact of measurement?David DeSteno
Department of Psychology, Northeastern University, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 83:1103-16. 2002Two studies are presented that challenge the evidentiary basis for the existence of evolved sex differences in jealousy. In opposition to the evolutionary view, Study I demonstrated that a sex difference in jealousy resulting from sexual ..
- Jealousy and subthreshold psychopathology: a serotonergic linkDonatella Marazziti
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 47:12-6. 2003A few studies suggest that different neurotransmitters may play a role in the expression of jealousy. Our study aimed to explore the serotonergic system by means of the specific binding of (3)H-paroxetine ((3)H-Par) to platelet membranes ..
- Romantic jealousy and adult romantic attachmentD J Sharpsteen
Department of Psychology, University of Missouri, Rolla 65401, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 72:627-40. 1997Research on romantic jealousy is consistent with the idea that jealousy is, at least in part, the product of threats to attachment relationships...
- A review of sex differences in sexual jealousy, including self-report data, psychophysiological responses, interpersonal violence, and morbid jealousyChristine R Harris
Center for Brain and Cognition, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0109, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Rev 7:102-28. 2003The specific innate modular theory of jealousy hypothesizes that natural selection shaped sexual jealousy as a mechanism to prevent cuckoldry, and emotional jealousy as a mechanism to prevent resource loss...
- Sexual and romantic jealousy in heterosexual and homosexual adultsChristine R Harris
San Diego Department of Psychology, University of California, La Jolla 92093 0109, USA
Psychol Sci 13:7-12. 2002..The present work examined this theory of jealousy as a specific innate module in 196 adult men and women of homosexual and heterosexual orientations...
- Sibling differentiation, identity development, and the lateral dimension of psychic lifeJeanine M Vivona
Department of Psychology, The College of New Jersey, Ewing 08628 0718, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 55:1191-215. 2007..Yet differentiation is a common strategy for resolving the primary rivalries and conflicts of the lateral dimension, and has unique developmental and clinical implications...
- Emotion regulation in context: the jealousy complex between young siblings and its relations with child and family characteristicsBrenda L Volling
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1109, USA
Child Dev 73:581-600. 2002b>Jealousy is a social emotion that has received little attention by developmental researchers...
- Sexuality of male-to-female transsexualsJaimie F Veale
School of Psychology, Massey University, Albany Campus, Private Bag 102 904, North Shore Mail Centre, Auckland, New Zealand
Arch Sex Behav 37:586-97. 2008....
- Are sex differences in sexual vs emotional jealousy explained better by differences in sexual strategies or uncertainty of paternity?Eugene W Mathes
Psychology Department, Western Illinois University, Macomb 61455, USA
Psychol Rep 93:895-906. 2003..However, data can be explained in terms of men's greater preference for short-term sexual strategies. This research yielded support for the latter explanation for the samples in this present research...
- Relationship power and betrayal experience as predictors of reactions to infidelityMargit I Berman
University of Minnesota, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 31:1617-27. 2005Explanations for sexual infidelity have been dominated by an evolutionary psychological theory of jealousy that finds its strongest support in research that employs a forced-choice hypothetical infidelity paradigm wherein participants ..
- Jealousy and the threatened self: getting to the heart of the green-eyed monsterDavid DeSteno
Department of Psychology, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 91:626-41. 2006Several theories specifying the causes of jealousy have been put forth in the past few decades...
- Gender, socioeconomic status, age, and jealousy: emotional responses to infidelity in a national sampleMelanie C Green
Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
Emotion 6:330-4. 2006..hypothesis that men would be more bothered by sexual infidelity and women by emotional infidelity, the Jealousy as a Specific Innate Module (JSIM) effect...
- The benefit and the doubt: why monogamy?G A Schuiling
Division of Human Biology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 24:55-61. 2003..As a result, in a number of cultures monogamy is the predominant mating system; however, most cultures (about 85%) are polygamic. For humans, the optimal evolutionary strategy is monogamy when necessary, polygamy when possible...
- Emotional and sexual jealousy as a function of sex and sexual orientation in a Brazilian sampleAltay Alves Lino de Souza
Psychol Rep 98:529-35. 2006..However, on the continuous measures of jealousy homosexuals resembled heterosexuals of the opposite sex...
- Men and women show distinct brain activations during imagery of sexual and emotional infidelityHidehiko Takahashi
Department of Molecular Neuroimaging, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Japan
Neuroimage 32:1299-307. 2006b>Jealousy-related behaviors such as intimate partner violence and morbid jealousy are more common in males...
- [Jealousy in close relationships: personal, relational and situational variables]H Andaç Demirtaş
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 17:181-91. 2006..the effects of personal, situational, and relational variables (such as age, gender, gender role orientation, duration of relationship, relational satisfaction, and physical attractiveness of the partner) on jealousy are investigated.
- Facing rejection: new relationships, broken relationships, shame, and stalkingSusan M Dennison
Griffith University, Australia
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 50:324-37. 2006..and depression, and those who engaged more often in harm toward others also reported feelings of anger and jealousy. Conclusions are made regarding the function of shame and other emotions in intrusive behaviour and their ..
- Lovestruck: women, romantic love and intimate partner violenceCharmaine Power
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Flinders University, Adelaide SA, Australia
Contemp Nurse 21:174-85. 2006..These were 'Desperate for a man' and interpreting jealousy as a sign of love...
- [Brothers of children with a neurological disease: difficulties and affective needs. Study of a clinical sample]U Balottin
Child Neuropsychiatry Unit, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Insubria, Macchi Foundation Hospital, Varese, Italy
Encephale 32:60-6. 2006INTRODUCTION: Feelings of envy and jealousy among brothers belonging to families with a child affected by a chronic neuromotor impairment have rarely been studied and literature on this subject is sparce...
- The darker side of groupsMike Thomas
School of Health and Human Sciences, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK
J Nurs Manag 15:375-85. 2007..In some instances the perception of anti-group feelings and behaviour can also be altered so that the team leader can reach a positive outcome for the group dynamic and resultant team cohesion and collaboration...
- Dating violence and the health of young women: a feminist narrative studyFarah Ismail
Faculty of Nursing, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Health Care Women Int 28:453-77. 2007..Their efforts to obtain support were often met with skeptical and dismissive attitudes on the part of health care providers and other trusted adults. Recommendations for health care practice, education, and research are presented...
- Attitudes and dating aggression: a cognitive dissonance approachJulie A Schumacher
Research Institute on Addictions, University of Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Prev Sci 5:231-43. 2004..We discuss the implications of these findings for prevention efforts and directions for future research in this area...
- [Maternal breast-feeding: changes occurred in the father's conjugal life]Rosineide Santana de Brito
Departamento de Enfermagem da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN
Rev Gaucha Enferm 27:193-202. 2006..Although breastfeeding results in modifications in the spouses' relationship, the fathers do not consider them as something negative in their lives...
- Does perceived unfairness exacerbate or mitigate interpersonal counterproductive work behaviors related to envy?Yochi Cohen-Charash
Department of Psychology, Baruch College, City University of New York, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Appl Psychol 92:666-80. 2007....
- Men's desire for children carrying their genes and sexual jealousy: a test of paternity uncertainty as an explanation of male sexual jealousyEugene W Mathes
Psychology Department, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL 61455, USA
Psychol Rep 96:791-8. 2005..Semmelroth found that men were more distressed by the thought of a partner's sexual infidelity (labeled sexual jealousy) and women were more distressed by the thought of a partner's emotional infidelity (labeled emotional jealousy)...
- [Sibling relations from the family therapy perspective--support, attachment, rivalry and envy]M Cierpka
, , Bergheimer Str. 54, 69115 Heidelberg
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 50:440-53. 2001..It is shown how the intergenerational dynamics can be interrupted by the initiative of the children and the initiated family therapy...
- Sibling relationships of anxiety disordered children--a research noteIngeborg E Lindhout
Academic Centre for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Curium and Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Anxiety Disord 17:593-601. 2003..Anxiety disordered children, however, report significantly more parental differential treatment than do nondisordered children...
- Aggressive siblingSue Abell
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 46:466-7; discussion 467. 2007
- Envy: one or many?Eduardo Laverde-Rubio
Int J Psychoanal 85:401-18. 2004..of envy: penis envy in women, the relationship between envy and narcissism, the difference between envy and jealousy, and the interpretative handling of envy...
- The effect of polygamous marital structure on behavioral, emotional, and academic adjustment in children: a comprehensive review of the literatureSalman Elbedour
Department of Human Development and Psychoeducational Studies, School of Education, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 5:255-71. 2002..This review includes a summary of the findings from all quantitative and qualitative studies in the extant literature that have examined the effect of polygamy on children's outcomes...
- Desire, envy and punishment: a Matsigenka emotion schema in illness narratives and folk storiesCarolina Izquierdo
Anthropology Department, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 31:419-44. 2007....
- Joy stealing: 10 mean games faculty play and how to stop the gamingKathleen T Heinrich
KTH Consulting, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
Nurse Educ 32:34-8. 2007..Educational research that describes the sociopolitical context and the psychoemotional fallout from such games elucidates why turning nurse educators into passionate scholars may stop the gaming...
- Friendship jealousy in young adolescents: individual differences and links to sex, self-esteem, aggression, and social adjustmentJeffrey G Parker
Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, 417 Bruce V Moore Building, University Park, PA 16802 3104, USA
Dev Psychol 41:235-50. 2005Children's vulnerability to jealousy surrounding their best friends was explored in 2 studies. Study 1 involved 94 adolescents who reported on their friendship jealousy on a newly created measure...
- Womb envy: loss and grief of the maternal bodyCatherine B Silver
National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis, and City University of New York, New York, NY 10027, USA
Psychoanal Rev 94:409-30. 2007
- Social cognition in "pure" delusional disorderIsabel Bömmer
University of Bochum, Germany
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 11:493-503. 2006..Difficulties in metaphorical speech comprehension and executive functioning could, however, indicate more subtle social cognitive deficits in these patients...
- Quetiapine for hypersexuality and delusional jealousy after strokeBeang-Jin Chae
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:331-2. 2006
- Envy and jealousyRobert E Anderson
Am J Psychother 56:455-79. 2002Clinical study of envy and jealousy in the psychotherapy situation indicates that these two states of mind are biopsychosocial response patterns involving the perceptual, cognitive, affective, and intentional mental functions...
- Stalking: developing an empirical typology to classify stalkersKevin Del Ben
West Virginia University, Department of Psychology, Morgantown 26505-6040, USA
J Forensic Sci 47:152-8. 2002..Cluster 4 (High Threat) was characterized by a more serious type of relationship and may attempt to be more restrictive of their partner when first meeting them...
- Stalking and psychological abuse: common factors and relationship-specific characteristicsMelanie Livet Dye
Department of Psychology, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Violence Vict 18:163-80. 2003..abuse, relationship dissatisfaction added to the predictive factors; whereas for stalking, the level of anger-jealousy over the breakup was the major added factor...
- Reactive, anxious and possessive forms of jealousy and their relation to relationship quality among heterosexuals and homosexualsDick P H Barelds
Department of Psychology, University of Groningen, Grote Kruisstraat 2 1, Groningen, 9712 TS, The Netherlands
J Homosex 51:183-98. 2006The present study examined the relationship between relational quality and three different types of jealousy-reactive, anxious and possessive jealousy...
- Enhancing sibling presence in pediatric ICUJanlyn R Rozdilsky
Clinical Nurse Educator, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Royal University Hospital, 103 Hospital Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W8
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 17:451-61, xii. 2005..along with limited understanding and information about the crisis, create feelings of confusion, loneliness, jealousy, and sadness, as well as physical symptoms and behavior changes...
- Young siblings of children with cancer deserve care and a personalized approachLuisa M Massimo
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Unit, G Gaslini Children s Research Hospital, Genova, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:708-10. 2008..Two exemplary cases are reported to illustrate this approach...
- The sibling center: a pilot program for siblings of children and adolescents with a serious medical conditionJoanna H Fanos
Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
J Pediatr 146:831-5. 2005
- Recognition of 'fortune of others' emotions in Asperger syndrome and high functioning autismSimone G Shamay-Tsoory
Department of Psychology, University of Haifa, Haifa, 31905, Israel
J Autism Dev Disord 38:1451-61. 2008..Furthermore, the ability to recognize these emotions was related to scores on a self-rating scale of perspective-taking ability and the ToM task...
- The green-eyed monster and malicious joy: the neuroanatomical bases of envy and gloating (schadenfreude)Simone G Shamay-Tsoory
Department of Psychology, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
Brain 130:1663-78. 2007..We suggest that these results indicate that the mentalizing network including the VM has a fundamental role in mediating the understanding of competitive emotions such as envy and gloating...
- Salieri's dilemma: a counterpoint between envy and appreciationR Horacio Etchegoyen
Int J Psychoanal 84:45-58. 2003....
- [Jealousy]Bertrand Kiefer
Rev Med Suisse 2:2648. 2006
- Foundations for self-awareness: An exploration through autismPeter R Hobson
University of London
Monogr Soc Res Child Dev 71:vii-166. 2006..parent report, most were affected by the moods of others, showed some degree of pity and concern, and manifested jealousy. When presented with videotaped scenes, participants with autism were similar to those without autism in ..
- [From the seduction theory to the oedipus complex]Bernardo Alvarez Lince
Sociedad Colombiana de Psicoanálisis
Vertex 16:386-97. 2005..In these letters the love to the mother and the jealousy to the father are introduced as key features...
- Associations between delusion proneness and personality structure in non-clinical participants: comparison between young and elderly samplesFrank Larøi
Cognitive Psychopathology Unit, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Psychopathology 39:218-26. 2006..The aims of the present study were, first, to explore the relation between age and the prevalence of delusion proneness and, second, to examine the association between personality and delusion proneness in young and elderly participants...
- Othello syndrome in patients with Parkinson's diseaseDejan Georgiev
Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Zaloska cesta 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Psychiatr Danub 22:94-8. 2010Othello syndrome (OS) is an organic delusional disorder with prevailing jealousy symptoms presumably appearing as side effect of antiparkinsonian therapy...
- Hemispheric differences in recognizing upper and lower facial displays of emotionC I Prodan
Department of Neurology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, and the VA Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol Behav Neurol 14:206-12. 2001..To determine if there are hemispheric differences in processing upper versus lower facial displays of emotion...
- Gender differences in psychotic bipolar maniaPeter Bräunig
Klinink für Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie und Psychosomatik, Vivantes Humboldt Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Gend Med 6:356-61. 2009..This study examined gender differences in the prevalence and types of psychotic symptoms in bipolar mania...
- Women's experience of intimate partner violence in HaitiAnastasia J Gage
Department of International Health and Development, Tulane University, 1440 Canal Street, Suite 2200, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Soc Sci Med 61:343-64. 2005..parents while growing up or direct experience of physical violence perpetrated by family members, partner's jealousy, partner's need for control, partner's history of drunkenness, and female-dominated financial decision-making...
- Women's perceptions and experiences of childbirth in United Arab EmiratesD E Rizk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Perinat Med 29:298-307. 2001..To determine women's perceptions and experiences of childbirth in United Arab Emirates [UAE]...
- A qualitative study of women in polygynous marriagesM M Tabi
School of Nursing, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia 30460, USA
Int Nurs Rev 57:121-7. 2010..This study, conducted in Ghana, West Africa, investigated married women's experiences in polygyny and their ways of coping...
- Intention, false beliefs, and delusional jealousy: insights into the right hemisphere from neurological patients and neuroimaging studiesStephanie Ortigue
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, New York, NY, USA
Med Sci Monit 17:RA1-11. 2011b>Jealousy sits high atop of a list comprised of the most human emotional experiences, although its nature, rationale, and origin are poorly understood...
- Induced abortion and intimate relationship quality in the Chicago Health and Social Life SurveyP K Coleman
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, USA
Public Health 123:331-8. 2009..To examine associations between abortion and relationship functioning...
- [Family violence, the use of drugs in the couple, from the mistreated woman's perspective]Rosa G Vaiz Bonifaz
Facultad de Enfermeria, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Rev Lat Am Enfermagem 12:433-8. 2004..was the physics; in a subtler way the psychological one, the sexual violence was not referred, the money and jealousy were referred as focuses desencadenantes of the discussions, those that are associated to the use of alcohol and ..
- Scientometric analysis and bibliography of digit ratio (2D:4D) research, 1998-2008Martin Voracek
Department of Basic Psychological Research, School of Psychology, University of Vienna, Liebiggasse 5, Rm 03 46, A 1010 Vienna, Austria
Psychol Rep 104:922-56. 2009..analyses show that 2D:4D research presently is commensurate in size and importance to evolutionary psychological jealousy research, but has grown faster than the latter field...
- A new 'advanced' test of theory of mind: evidence from children and adolescents with Asperger syndromeNils Kaland
Lillehammer College, Norway
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:517-28. 2002..The participants in the AS group were of normal intelligence and were compared with an age-matched control group (N = 20) of normally developing children and adolescents...
- Integrated pest management: historical perspectives and contemporary developmentsM Kogan
Integrated Plant Protection Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
Annu Rev Entomol 43:243-70. 1998..That history, since the advent of modern organosynthetic pesticides, acquired elements of drama, intrigue, jealousy, and controversy that mark the path of many great scientific or technological achievements...
- Disarming jealousy in couples relationships: a multidimensional approachMichele Scheinkman
220 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10016, USA
Fam Process 49:486-502. 2010b>Jealousy is a powerful emotional force in couples' relationships. In just seconds it can turn love into rage and tenderness into acts of control, intimidation, and even suicide or murder...
- The neural correlates of mate competition in dominant male rhesus macaquesJames K Rilling
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:364-75. 2004Male sexual jealousy provoked by threatened exclusive access to a female mate is a frequently reported motive in cases involving spousal abuse. Dominant male rhesus macaques also respond aggressively to threats to mating exclusivity.
- Do oral contraceptives act as mood stabilizers? Evidence of positive affect stabilizationJ A Jarva
Department of Psychology, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Canada
Arch Womens Ment Health 10:225-34. 2007..e., positive affect, jealousy, social ostracism, and parental feelings affect inductions)...
- Delusions in first-admitted patients: gender, themes and diagnosesK Gutierrez-Lobos
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Austria
Psychopathology 34:1-7. 2001..predomination of delusions of persecution, while men presented significantly more frequently delusions of jealousy and grandiosity...
- Old wine in new bottles? Stability and plasticity of the contents of schizophrenic delusionsT Stompe
University Hospital for Psychiatry Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Psychopathology 36:6-12. 2003..can be found in every epoch and in different cultures (persecution, grandiosity, guilt, religion, hypochondria, jealousy, and love)...
- Physical and psychological aggression in dating relationships of Spanish adolescents: motives and consequencesAndrés A Fernández-Fuertes
Departamento de Educación, Facultad de Educación Universidad de Cantabria, Avenida Los Castros s n, Santander, Spain
Child Abuse Negl 34:183-91. 2010....
- Delusional disorder: molecular genetic evidence for dopamine psychosisKiyoshi Morimoto
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa Medical University, Kagawa, Japan
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:794-801. 2002....
- [Murder for a duct. Wirsüng and Hoffmann: the true story of the discovery of the main pancreatic duct]Cristiano Giardiello
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale e Mini invasiva, Presidio Ospedaliero S Maria della Pietà, Casoria, Napoli
Chir Ital 59:857-60. 2007..Among the motives for the murder, it was later assumed, was jealousy over the discovery of the main pancreatic duct...
- Power, control, and intimate partner sexual violence in HaitiAnastasia J Gage
Department of International Health and Development, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Arch Sex Behav 35:11-24. 2006..Strong positive effects on intimate partner sexual violence were found for husband's jealousy and perpetration of controlling behavior and women's endorsement of traditional norms concerning a husband's ..
- Fear of feedbackJay M Jackman
Stanford University s School of Education, USA
Harv Bus Rev 81:101-7, 124. 2003..often manifest themselves in psychologically maladaptive behaviors such as procrastination, denial, brooding, jealousy, and self-sabotage. But there's hope, say the authors...
- Ancient myths with perennial questionPiero Mustacchi
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Acta Med Hist Adriat 6:303-8. 2008..that propels mythological heroes towards the noblest and highest ideals also carries the risk of taunting the jealousy of the gods...
- Successful treatment of polydipsia, water intoxication, and delusional jealousy in an alcohol dependent patient with clozapineBranimir Margetic
Neuropsychiatric Hospital Dr Ivan Barbot 44 317, Popovaca, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1347-9. 2006..The authors report a successful clozapine treatment of polydipsia, intermittent water intoxication, and delusional jealousy of an alcoholic. This is a rare case of clozapine treatment of a non-schizophrenic patient affected by polydipsia.
- Psychotherapeutic practice in paediatric oncology: four examplesD Oppenheim
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 82:251-4. 2000..We present four examples of such therapies: a mother who refused enucleation for her 7-month-old boy; a boy's jealousy towards his sister who was being treated for a brain tumour; a teenager troubled by his scar; a 7-year-old boy ..
- Homicide by firearms in two Scandinavian capitalsH P Hougen
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 21:281-6. 2000..Female victims were typically shot in their own domicile with a shotgun by their spouse, mostly because of jealousy or in a family argument, whereas male victims were shot on different locations, predominantly with a handgun, for ..
- [Serotonin dysfunctions in the background of the seven deadly sins]Zoltan Janka
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Pszichiatriai Klinika, H 6725 Szeged, Semmelweis u 6
Ideggyogy Sz 56:376-85. 2003..social phobia, impulsivity-aggression, obsessive-compulsive and related spectrum disorders, paranoid jealousy, eating disorders) all strongly suggest the possibility that brain serotonin dysfunctions might underlie the ..
- Prevalence of delusional jealousy in psychiatric disordersMichael Soyka
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilian University, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Forensic Sci 56:450-2. 2011Delusional jealousy is a known risk factor for violence and homicide, but little is known about its prevalence in psychiatric disorders...
- Young men's intimate partner violence and relationship functioning: long-term outcomes associated with suicide attempt and aggression in adolescenceD C R Kerr
Oregon State University, Psychology Department, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Psychol Med 41:759-69. 2011..Such vulnerability may increase risk for intimate partner violence and generally poor young adulthood relational adjustment...
- Perspective taking in children's narratives about jealousyNaomi J Aldrich
The College of Staten Island, City University of New York, USA
Br J Dev Psychol 29:86-109. 2011..7-/8-year-olds) children generated fictional narratives, using a wordless picture book, about a frog experiencing jealousy. Children's emotion understanding was assessed through a standardized test of emotion comprehension and their ..
- [Chagas Carlos Justiniano Ribeiro (1879-1934)]J F Pays
Université del Nordeste, Argentine
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 102:276-9. 2009..he was alive, he was criticised more severely in his own country than elsewhere, often unjustly and motivated by jealousy, but sometimes with good reason...
- Gender and ethnic differences in sexual attitudes at a Hispanic-serving universityRussell Eisenman
Department of Psychology, University of Texas Pan American, Edinburg, TX 78541 2999, USA
J Gen Psychol 133:153-62. 2006..The authors discuss findings that are contradictory to D. M. Buss's (1999, 2000) evolutionary psychology jealousy theory, namely that women in the present study were more jealous than men were on the sexual intercourse item.
- Sex differences in jealousy: a contribution from attachment theoryKenneth N Levy
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16803, USA
Psychol Sci 21:168-73. 2010..We hypothesized that attachment-style differences may help to explain both between- and within-sex differences in jealousy. As hypothesized, dismissing avoidant participants reported more jealousy regarding sexual than emotional ..
- A general neuropsychological model of delusionClaude M J Braun
L Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 16:1-39. 2011....
- Attachment and the management of empathic accuracy in relationship-threatening situationsJeffry A Simpson
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus, Minneapolis, MN 55455 0344, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 37:242-54. 2011..married couples were videotaped discussing a severe or a less severe relationship issue that involved intimacy or jealousy. In Study 2, dating couples were videotaped trying to resolve a relationship conflict...
- [Epidemiological profile of domestic violence: complaints of aggression filed in a city in São Paulo State, Brazil, from 2001 to 2005]Ana Paula Dossi
Faculdade de Odontologia de Aracatuba, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:1939-52. 2008..In group A, aggressions occurred mainly on weekends (38.9%), with jealousy as the most frequently reported cause (21.5%). In group B, children/adolescents constituted 68...
- [Remarks on a case of acute alcoholic hallucination with delusions of jealousy]F Postrach
Nervenklinik, Bezirkskrankenhauses Friedrich Wolf Karl Marx Stadt
Psychiatr Neurol Med Psychol (Leipz) 40:46-50. 1988A case of acute alcoholic hallucinosis accompanied by insane jealousy is reported, together with a discussion of various aspects of alcoholic psychosis, with consideration of the relevant literature...
- Intimate partner violence: causes and preventionRachel Jewkes
Gender and Health Group, Medical Research Council, Private Bag X385, 0001, Pretoria, South Africa
Lancet 359:1423-9. 2002..Relationships full of conflict, and especially those in which conflicts occur about finances, jealousy, and women's gender role transgressions are more violent than peaceful relationships...
- Sexual orientation of female-to-male transsexuals: a comparison of homosexual and nonhomosexual typesM L Chivers
Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 2710, USA
Arch Sex Behav 29:259-78. 2000..gender nonconformity, preferred more feminine partners, experienced greater sexual rather than emotional jealousy, were more sexually assertive, had more sexual partners, had a greater desire for phalloplasty, and had more ..
- Do subtypes of maritally violent men continue to differ over time?Amy Holtzworth-Munroe
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Bloomington, 47405 7007, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 71:728-40. 2003..g., generality of violence, psychopathology, jealousy, impulsivity, attitudes toward violence and women)...
- Male honor and female fidelity: implicit cultural scripts that perpetuate domestic violenceJoseph A Vandello
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa 33620 7200, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 84:997-1010. 2003..restored through the use of violence; and (c) women in honor cultures are expected to remain loyal in the face of jealousy-related violence...
- JEALOUSY: EMOTIONAL REACTIONS AND GENDER DIFFERENCESChristine Harris; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Jealousy also plays a role in domestic violence and family breakup...
- Sources and Mediators of JealousyDavid DeSteno; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (provided by investigator): The experience of jealousy negatively impacts both psychological and physical well-being; it can result not only in acute psychological distress, but also in violence aimed at relationship partners...
- Close Relationships and Adjustment in Adolescence, Emerging Adulthood, and AdulthWYNDOL C FURMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..propose to gather diary data from couples to assess key processes of daily interaction such as support, conflict, jealousy and reactivity. The project is designed to identify risk and protective factors and processes...
- Risk Factors for Intimate Partner Violence in Pregnant WomenJulianne Hellmuth; Fiscal Year: 2006..an investigation of potential risk factors for IPV in pregnancy, such as alcohol use, stress, infidelity, jealousy, and relationship discord, from both a crosssectional and longitudinal perspective...
- Family Transitions and Toddler Development: A Within-Family PerspectiveBrenda L Volling; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will further our understanding of the family processes that predict difficult toddler behavior during the "terrible two's" and aid both professionals and parents in preventing child behavior problems in early childhood. ..
- Family Transitions Following the Birth of SiblingBRENDA VOLLING; Fiscal Year: 2009..often leads to feelings of displacement on the part of the older child and parental concerns about sibling jealousy. Specifically, we propose to examine changes in family relationships (mother-child, father-child, and marital), ..
- Family Transitions and Children's Sibling RelationshipsBRENDA VOLLING; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Family Transitions and Toddler Development: A Within-Family PerspectiveBRENDA VOLLING; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will further our understanding of the family processes that predict difficult toddler behavior during the "terrible two's" and aid both professionals and parents in preventing child behavior problems in early childhood. ..
- Family Transitions and Toddler Development: A Within-Family PerspectiveBRENDA VOLLING; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study will further our understanding of the family processes that predict difficult toddler behavior during the "terrible two's" and aid both professionals and parents in preventing child behavior problems in early childhood. ..
- Family Transitions and Toddler Development: A Within-Family PerspectiveBrenda L Volling; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Family Transitions and Toddler Development: A Within-Family PerspectiveBRENDA VOLLING; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Family Transitions Following the Birth of SiblingBRENDA VOLLING; Fiscal Year: 2007..often leads to feelings of displacement on the part of the older child and parental concerns about sibling jealousy. Specifically, we propose to examine changes in family relationships (mother-child, father-child, and marital), ..
- Resource Over Utilization Due To Serious Alcohol Related InjuriesBahman Sayyar Roudsari; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Neurobiological and Genetic Correlates of Cooperative BehaviorJames Rilling; Fiscal Year: 2009..By identifying factors that influence cooperative behavior in a normal population, this project will generate hypotheses as to the causes of more severe variation associated with mental illness. ..
- Nursing Smoking Cessation Intervention During PregnancyLinda Bullock; Fiscal Year: 2004..A fixed-effects repeated measure ANOVA will be used to determine significant group differences in reduction in smoking and survival analysis will detect if there are significant group differences in time to relapse. ..
- Neurobiological and Genetic Correlates of Cooperative BehaviorJames K Rilling; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying factors that influence cooperative behavior in a normal population, this project will generate hypotheses as to the causes of more severe variation associated with mental illness. ..
- Neurobiological and Genetic Correlates of Cooperative BehaviorJames K Rilling; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying factors that influence cooperative behavior in a normal population, this project will generate hypotheses as to the causes of more severe variation associated with mental illness. ..
- Continuation of Chinese Health and Family BehaviorWilliam Parish; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is for an additional two years of time for the analysis of these data sets, and for producing a public-use data set that includes direct linkages to comparable U.S. data. ..
- Fundamental Goals and Risky Decision-MakingJON MANER; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., substance use disorders), as well as exaggerated risk-aversion. ..
- Partner Violence Intervention for Alcohol Clinic ClientsJULIE SCHUMACHER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Nursing Support: Better Infant Outcomes in Violent HomesLinda Bullock; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results of the proposed study will provide evidence regarding the effectiveness of a nursing intervention that targets vulnerable mothers and improves their infants' social, emotional, and cognitive well-being. ..
- Emotional Reactivity of Intimate Partner AbusersJULIA BABCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Impulsivity and Partner Violence in Male AlcoholicsJULIE SCHUMACHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, evidence that impulsivity and related self-regulatory processes underlie IPV in alcohol dependent men will inform treatments for partner-violent AUD men currently under development by our research team. ..
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Relationship Abuse, and Physical HealthCASEY TAFT; Fiscal Year: 2007..This enhanced understanding may in turn lead to the improved efficacy of interventions for perpetrators and victims of abuse. ..
- Adult Attachment, Stress and Relationship Well-BeingJEFFRY SIMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..declines in personal and relational well-being in stressful situations. ..
- CHINESE HEALTH AND FAMILY BEHAVIORWilliam Parish; Fiscal Year: 2002..To provide ample cases for analysis, the study will include a special subsample of STD clinic patients. ..
- PTSD-Focused Relationship Enhancement Therapy for Returning Veterans & their PartCASEY TAFT; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, consistent with a secondary prevention approach (National Advisory Mental Health Council Workgroup on Mental Disorders Prevention Research, 1998), participants will be excluded on the basis of histories of IPA. ..