Summary: A group of TETRAHYDRONAPHTHALENES containing a keto oxygen.
- McCaffery P, Simons C. Prospective teratology of retinoic acid metabolic blocking agents (RAMBAs) and loss of CYP26 activity. Curr Pharm Des. 2007;13:3020-37 pubmed..The possible effects of RAMBAs on the adult brain are also described that have the potential for harm but, in the right circumstances, may also be beneficial. ..
- Ku Y, Chen C, Lee S. Chemical constituents from Phoebe minutiflora II. Nat Prod Res. 2006;20:1199-206 pubmed..Their structures and absolute stereochemistry were determined by spectral analysis (NMR and CD) and chemical correlation. ..
- Benetos A, Huguet F, Albaladejo P, Brisac A, Pappo M, Safar M, et al. Role of adrenergic tone in mechanical and functional properties of carotid artery during aging. Am J Physiol. 1993;265:H1132-8 pubmed..We suggest that with aging there is an increased vasoconstricting effect of alpha-agonists and a decreased vasodilatative action of alpha-blockade.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Tsujimoto G, Hirasawa A, Sugawara T, Awaji T. Subtype-specific differences in subcellular localization and chlorethylclonidine inactivation of alpha1-adrenoceptors. Life Sci. 1998;62:1567-71 pubmed..Subtype-specific cellular localization suggests a new class of functional properties that may explain the signal and functional diversity of homologous alpha1-AR (as well as other G protein-coupled receptors) subtypes. ..
- Shin H, Jain M, Chartrain M, Zeikus J. Evaluation of an electrochemical bioreactor system in the biotransformation of 6-bromo-2-tetralone to 6-bromo-2-tetralol. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2001;57:506-10 pubmed..6 g of dry cell weight/l, substrate at 4 g/l and electric potential at -6 V. The conversion of Br-beta-tetralone to Br-beta-tetralol with partially purified Br-beta-tetralone reductase was slow in the presence of electric potential. ..
- Yang L, Ma X, Ruan X, Jiang D, Pan C, Wang Q. Enantioselective Separation of 4,8-DHT and Phytotoxicity of the Enantiomers on Various Plant Species. Molecules. 2016;21:528 pubmed publisher..Thus, all of the chirality and concentration of 4,8-DHT, as well as the affected plant species, need to be taken into consideration in the development and utilization of 4,8-DHT. ..
- Ciniglia C, Sansone C, Panzella L, Napolitano A, d Ischia M. Effects of walnut husk washing waters and their phenolic constituents on horticultural species. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2012;19:3299-306 pubmed publisher..These results open perspectives in the exploitation of WHWW and the main phenolic constituent readily available by a straightforward isolation procedure as a natural fertilizer for specific crops. ..
- Janeczko T, Panek A, Swizdor A, Dmochowska Gładysz J, Kostrzewa Susłow E. Enantioselective dynamic process reduction of ?- and ?-tetralone and stereoinversion of resulting alcohols in a selected strain culture. Curr Microbiol. 2012;65:189-94 pubmed publisher..KCh 6651 gave pure (S)-(-)-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-2-naftol in high yield at the concentration of 1 g/l. In this process, a non-selective carbonyl reduction was observed, followed by a selective oxidation of the R-alcohol. ..
- Liu L, Li A, Zhao M, Tu P. Tetralones and flavonoids from Pyrola calliantha. Chem Biodivers. 2007;4:2932-7 pubmedTwo new tetralones, pyrolones A (1) and B (2), and a new flavonol glycoside, 2''-O-(4-hydroxybenzoyl)hyperin (3), were isolated from Pyrola calliantha (whole plant), together with six structurally related compounds, including 2''-O-..
- Vašková J, Reisch R, Vasko L, Poskrobová M, Kron I, Guzy J, et al. Effect of selected dimethylaminochalcones on some mitochondrial activities. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2013;49:354-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, (E)-2-(4'-((CH3)2 N)-indanone (1b), and to a greater extent, -benzosuberone (1d), showed pro-oxidant effects, which partially explain their cytotoxicity. ..
- Angotti M, Hartmann R, Kirby A, Simons C, Nicholls P, Sewell R, et al. Effect of 2-(4-aminophenylmethyl)-6-hydroxy-3, 4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one on all-trans and 13-cis-retinoic acid levels in plasma quantified by high perfomance liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2005;20:219-26 pubmed..15 and 0.17 ng/mL after treatment with tetralone and ketoconazole respectively showing that the tetralone and ketoconazole lead to comparable effects, indicating an inhibitory activity of the tetralone on retinoic acid metabolism. ..
- Caro Y, Torrado M, Masaguer C, Ravina E, Padín F, Brea J, et al. Chemoenzymatic synthesis and binding affinity of novel (R)- and (S)-3-aminomethyl-1-tetralones, potential atypical antipsychotics. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004;14:585-9 pubmedA series of (R)- and (S)-3-aminomethyl-1-tetralones, conformationally constrained analogues of haloperidol, have been obtained by enzymatic resolution of the corresponding racemic 3-hydroxymethyl-1-tetralones using Pseudomonas fluorescens ..
- Nyangulu J, Nelson K, Rose P, Gai Y, Loewen M, Lougheed B, et al. Synthesis and biological activity of tetralone abscisic acid analogues. Org Biomol Chem. 2006;4:1400-12 pubmed..The hydroxymethyl compounds 10 and 11, analogues for studying the roles of 8- and 9-hydroxy ABA 3 and 6, were also synthesized and found to be active. ..
- da Silva T, Lopes L. Aryltetralone lignans and 7,8-seco-lignans from Holostylis reniformis. Phytochemistry. 2004;65:751-9 pubmed..Aryltetralone lignans and two 7,8-seco-lignans were isolated from the acetone and hexane extracts of the roots of Holostylis reniformis, together with (-)-galbacin. Their structures were determined by spectroscopic methods. ..
- Odagi M, Furukori K, Watanabe T, Nagasawa K. Asymmetric ?-hydroxylation of tetralone-derived ?-ketoesters by using a guanidine-urea bifunctional organocatalyst in the presence of cumene hydroperoxide. Chemistry. 2013;19:16740-5 pubmed publisher..The ?-hydroxylation products were obtained in 99% yield with up to 95% enantiomeric excess (ee). The present oxidation was successfully applied to synthesize a key intermediate of the anti-cancer agent daunorubicin (2). ..
- Wang Y, Cao J, Efferth T, Lai G, Luo S. Cytotoxic and new tetralone derivatives from Berchemia floribunda (Wall.) Brongn. Chem Biodivers. 2006;3:646-53 pubmed..0, 5.3, 10.2, and 12.3 microM, respectively...
- Szot P, White S, Greenup J, Leverenz J, Peskind E, Raskind M. Compensatory changes in the noradrenergic nervous system in the locus ceruleus and hippocampus of postmortem subjects with Alzheimer's disease and dementia with Lewy bodies. J Neurosci. 2006;26:467-78 pubmed
- Insuasty B, Garcia A, Quiroga J, Abonia R, Nogueras M, Cobo J. Synthesis of novel 6,6a,7,8-tetrahydro-5H-naphtho[1,2-e]pyrimido[4,5-b][1,4]diazepines under microwave irradiation as potential anti-tumor agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2010;45:2841-6 pubmed publisher..4a-f and 5a-f were efficiently synthesized in good yields from the reaction of E-2-arylidene-1-tetralones 1 and the respective tri- or tetraaminopyrimidines 2 or 3 under microwave irradiation using DMF as solvent and ..
- Buck K, Ferger B. The selective alpha1 adrenoceptor antagonist HEAT reduces L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. Synapse. 2010;64:117-26 pubmed publisher..Further studies assessing the risk benefit in comparison to existing therapies are needed before considering alpha(1) adrenoceptor antagonists as a target for the development of new antidyskinetic compounds. ..
- Cheng M, Wu M, Chen I, Chen C, Lo W, Yuan G. Secondary metabolites from the red mould rice of Monascus purpureus BCRC 38113. Nat Prod Res. 2010;24:1719-25 pubmed publisher..They were characterised on the basis of spectral analysis and comparison with literature data. All the isolates were also evaluated for the scavenging properties towards the DPPH in TLC autographic and spectroscopic assays. ..
- Saenz Méndez P, Elmabsout A, Sävenstrand H, Awadalla M, Strid A, Sirsjo A, et al. Homology models of human all-trans retinoic acid metabolizing enzymes CYP26B1 and CYP26B1 spliced variant. J Chem Inf Model. 2012;52:2631-7 pubmed publisher..The spliced variant of CYP26B1 model displays a reduced affinity for atRA compared to the full-length enzyme, in accordance with recently described experimental information. ..
- Maïga A, Merlin J, Marcon E, Rouget C, Larregola M, Gilquin B, et al. Orthosteric binding of ?-Da1a, a natural peptide of snake venom interacting selectively with the ?1A-adrenoceptor. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68841 pubmed publisher..39)) and agonist (F288(6.51) and F312(7.39)) ligands. Its selectivity for the ?1A-adrenoceptor may result, at least partly, from its interaction with the residue F86(2.64), which appears to be important also for HEAT binding. ..
- Devkota K, Covell D, Ransom T, McMahon J, Beutler J. Growth inhibition of human colon carcinoma cells by sesquiterpenoids and tetralones of Zygogynum calothyrsum. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:710-4 pubmed publisher..Also isolated was the known 1Î²-p-coumaroyloxypolygodial (4) together with two new tetralones, 3'-deoxyisozygolone A (5) and calothyrlone A (9), three known tetralones, isozygolone A (6), zygolone A (7), ..
- Gee C, Tyndall J, Grunewald G, Wu Q, McLeish M, Martin J. Mode of binding of methyl acceptor substrates to the adrenaline-synthesizing enzyme phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase: implications for catalysis. Biochemistry. 2005;44:16875-85 pubmed..These results suggest that PNMT catalyzes transfer of methyl to ligand amines only when "anchor" interactions, such as those identified for the beta-hydroxyls of p-octopamine and cis-AT, are present. ..
- Allouche N, Morleo B, Thoison O, Dumontet V, Nosjean O, Guéritte F, et al. Biologically active tetralones from New Caledonian Zygogynum spp. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:1750-5 pubmed publisher..five New Caledonian Zygogynum species (Winteraceae) led to the isolation and characterization of four phenyl-3-tetralones (3,4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one)...
- Watanabe T, Ohashi Y, Yoshino R, Komano N, Eguchi M, Maruyama S, et al. Total synthesis of 12-methoxydihydrochelerythrine and anti-tumour activity of its quaternary base: toward an efficient synthetic route for 12-alkoxybenzo[c]phenanthridine bases via naphthoquinone monooxime from 2-benzofuranyl-1-tetralone derivative. Org Biomol Chem. 2003;1:3024-32 pubmed..2 microM. Introduction of a methoxy group into the 12-position of the benzo[c]phenanthridine skeleton could cause enhanced activity against MDA-MB-231 by comparison of 7 with chelerythrine (35) (IC50 5.3 microM). ..
- Hein P, Goepel M, Cotecchia S, Michel M. A quantitative analysis of antagonism and inverse agonism at wild-type and constitutively active hamster alpha1B-adrenoceptors. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2001;363:34-9 pubmed..We conclude that alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonsits with a quinazoline structure exhibit greater efficacy as inverse agonists than those without. ..
- Orallo F, Garcia Ferreiro T, Enguix M, Tristan H, Masaguer C, Ravina E, et al. In vivo and in vitro pharmacological studies of a new hypotensive compound (QF0301B) in rat: comparison with prazosin, a known alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonist. Vascul Pharmacol. 2003;40:97-108 pubmed
- Kasai H, Tsubuki M, Matsuo S, Honda T. Sub- and supercritical chiral separation of racemic compounds on columns with stationary phases having different functional groups. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2005;53:1270-6 pubmed..Decreasing outlet pressure improved the peak separation obtained with rac-2-phenylpropionic acid, but had little effect on either rac-alpha-tetralol or rac-1-phenylethylamine. ..
- Liu L, Li W, Sasaki T, Asada Y, Koike K. Juglanone, a novel ?-tetralonyl derivative with potent antioxidant activity from Juglans mandshurica. J Nat Med. 2010;64:496-9 pubmed publisher..1 and 9.0 microM, respectively. It also showed moderate cytotoxic activity against HL-60 human myeloid leukemia with an IC(50) value of 19.7 microM. ..
- Chen J, Chang C, Chang H, Chen K. Synthesis of 2,3,5,6-tetrahydro-1-alkyl/aryl-1H-benzo[f]chromen-3-ol derivatives from ?-tetralones and ?,?-unsaturated aldehydes. Org Biomol Chem. 2011;9:7510-6 pubmed publisherOrganocatalytic domino Michael-hemiacetalization of ?-tetralones with ?,?-unsaturated aldehydes is presented...
- Tsasi G, Milošević Ifantis T, Skaltsa H. Phytochemical Study of Juglans regia L. Pericarps from Greece with a Chemotaxonomic Approach. Chem Biodivers. 2016;13:1636-1640 pubmed publisher..from Greece afforded 32 compounds: four pentacyclic triterpenes (1 - 4), three sesquiterpenes (5 - 7), four tetralones (8 - 11), two naphthoquinones (12 and 13), seven phenolic acids (14 - 20), one diarylheptanoid (21), one neo-..
- Fernandes T, Manvar D, Domingos J, Basu A, Nichols D, Kaushik Basu N, et al. 5-Carba-pterocarpens: A new scaffold with anti-HCV activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;112:33-38 pubmed publisherThe synthesis of a series of 5-carba-pterocarpens derivatives involving the cyclization of Î±-aryl-Î±-tetralones is described. Several compounds demonstrated potent activity and selectivity in vitro against HCV replicon reporter cells...
- Vitale A, Thorne N, Lovell S, Battaile K, Hu X, Shen M, et al. Physicochemical characterization of a thermostable alcohol dehydrogenase from Pyrobaculum aerophilum. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63828 pubmed publisher..The data presented here can yield a better understanding of alcohol dehydrogenases lacking the catalytic zinc as well as the structural features inherent to thermostable enzymes. ..
- Silva R, Grossi V, Olivera N, Alvarez H. Characterization of indigenous Rhodococcus sp. 602, a strain able to accumulate triacylglycerides from naphthyl compounds under nitrogen-starved conditions. Res Microbiol. 2010;161:198-207 pubmed publisher..602 maintains its metabolic activity even in the absence of a nitrogen source. Intracellular triacylglycerols may help cells to maintain their catabolic activities under these growth-restricting conditions. ..
- Wang D, Engle K, Shi B, Yu J. Ligand-enabled reactivity and selectivity in a synthetically versatile aryl C-H olefination. Science. 2010;327:315-9 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the versatility of the method through direct elaboration of commercial drug scaffolds and efficient syntheses of 2-tetralone and naphthoic acid natural product cores. ..
- Duncan A, Ren H, Bound F, Tully J, Chandler D, Sandeman R. Assessment of novel inhibitors of Helicoverpa aminopeptidases as anti-insect agents. Pest Manag Sci. 2006;62:1098-108 pubmed..The valine methylphosphonic acid compound was tested further in vitro, with the aim of producing a new active capable of restricting the viability of Helicoverpa populations on commercial crops. ..
- Tshala Katumbay D, Palmer V, Lasarev M, Kayton R, Sabri M, Spencer P. Monocyclic and dicyclic hydrocarbons: structural requirements for proximal giant axonopathy. Acta Neuropathol. 2006;112:317-24 pubmed..Key molecular targets of these compounds likely reside in the axon where they serve to maintain normal cytoskeletal organization. ..
- Hershberger R, Wynn J, Sundberg L, Bristow M. Mechanism of action of bucindolol in human ventricular myocardium. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1990;15:959-67 pubmed..In conclusion, bucindolol is a high-affinity nonselective beta-receptor antagonist with no evidence of intrinsic sympathomimetic activity in human ventricular myocardium. ..
- Bristow M, Minobe W, Rasmussen R, Hershberger R, Hoffman B. Alpha-1 adrenergic receptors in the nonfailing and failing human heart. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1988;247:1039-45 pubmed
- Vargas A, Quiclet Sire B, Zard S. Total synthesis of 10-norparvulenone and of O-methylasparvenone using a xanthate-mediated free radical addition-cyclization sequence. Org Lett. 2003;5:3717-9 pubmed
- Hallgas B, Dobos Z, Osz E, Hollósy F, Schwab R, Szabó E, et al. Characterization of lipophilicity and antiproliferative activity of E-2-arylmethylene-1-tetralones and their heteroanalogues. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2005;819:283-91 pubmed..The measured (k') and calculated (CLOGP) lipophilicities of the compounds were compared with the antiproliferative activities and an optimum value of lipophilicity has been found for these compounds. ..
- Serra S. Enantioselective synthesis of natural trinorsesquiterpene tetralones by chemo-enzymatic approaches. Nat Prod Commun. 2013;8:863-8 pubmedThe enantioselective syntheses of both the enantiomeric forms of the four natural tetralones 1a-d are here described...
- Alvarado M, Coelho A, Masaguer C, Ravina E, Brea J, Padín J, et al. Synthesis and binding affinity of novel 3-aminoethyl-1-tetralones, potential atypical antipsychotics. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005;15:3063-6 pubmedA series of 3-aminoethyl-1-tetralones, conformationally constrained higher homologues of haloperidol (standard for typical antipsychotic profile), have been obtained by a four-step route from valerolactone...
- Guignard R, Zard S. A convergent approach to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Chem Commun (Camb). 2011;47:12185-7 pubmed publisher..A new concise route to Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) through radical addition and cyclisation of xanthates is described. ..
- Carreño M, Gonzalez López M, Latorre A, Urbano A. General synthesis of 8-aryl-2-tetralones. J Org Chem. 2006;71:4956-64 pubmedTwo alternative routes are described for the synthesis of 8-aryl-2-tetralones (1). Route A starts from alpha-tetralone 3 and involves 3 or 4 steps, with the selective Na-EtOH reduction of 1-aryl-7-methoxynaphthalenes 2 being the key step...
- Meux E, Morel M, Lamant T, Gérardin P, Jacquot J, Dumarçay S, et al. New substrates and activity of Phanerochaete chrysosporium Omega glutathione transferases. Biochimie. 2013;95:336-46 pubmed publisher..Coupled with GC-MS experiments this ligand fishing method allowed to identify terpenes as potential substrates of Omega GST suggesting a physiological role during the wood-fungus interactions. ..
- Basavaiah D, Reddy R. Simple and facile synthesis of tetralone-spiro-glutarimides and spiro-bisglutarimides from Baylis-Hillman acetates. Org Biomol Chem. 2008;6:1034-9 pubmed publisher..Also, one-pot multistep transformation of the Baylis-Hillman acetates into di(E)-arylidene-spiro-bisglutarimides is presented. ..
- Arumugam N, Raghunathan R, Shanmugaiah V, Mathivanan N. Synthesis of novel beta-lactam fused spiroisoxazolidine chromanones and tetralones as potent antimicrobial agent for human and plant pathogens. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:3698-702 pubmed publisherSynthesis of novel beta-lactam fused spiroisoxazolidine chromanones and tetralones ring systems has been achieved by intermolecular 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition reaction of bicyclic nitrone with unusual dipolarophiles, arylidene chromanones/..
- Wang L, Xu B, Wang J, Su Z, Lin F, Zhang C, et al. Bioactive metabolites from Phoma species, an endophytic fungus from the Chinese medicinal plant Arisaema erubescens. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2012;93:1231-9 pubmed publisher..3?±?2.8, 27.87?±?1.78, 48.79?±?2.56, 37.57?±?1.65, 27.83?±?0.48, and 30.37?±?0.28 ?M, respectively. We conclude that endophytic Phoma are promising sources of natural bioactive and novel metabolites. ..