Genomes and Genes
Summary: Naphthalene derivatives containing the -CH2CCO2H radical at the 1-position, the 2-position, or both. Compounds are used as plant growth regulators to delay sprouting, exert weed control, thin fruit, etc.
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Oono Y, Ooura C, Rahman A, Aspuria E, Hayashi K, Tanaka A, et al. p-Chlorophenoxyisobutyric acid impairs auxin response in Arabidopsis root. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1135-47 pubmed..These results suggest that PCIB impairs auxin-signaling pathway by regulating Aux/IAA protein stability and thereby affects the auxin-regulated Arabidopsis root physiology. ..
- Ndong Y, Wadouachi A, Sangwan Norreel B, Sangwan R. Efficient in vitro regeneration of fertile plants from corm explants of Hypoxis hemerocallidea landrace Gaza -- the "African Potato". Plant Cell Rep. 2006;25:265-73 pubmed..Efficient cloning protocols described here, have the potential not only to substantially reduce the pressure on natural populations but also for wider biotechnological applications of Hypoxis hemerocallidea-an endangered medicinal plant...
- Petrasek J, Mravec J, Bouchard R, Blakeslee J, Abas M, Seifertová D, et al. PIN proteins perform a rate-limiting function in cellular auxin efflux. Science. 2006;312:914-8 pubmed..This suggests a direct involvement of PINs in catalyzing cellular auxin efflux...
- Guo B, Gao M, Liu C. In vitro propagation of an endangered medicinal plant Saussurea involucrata Kar. et Kir. Plant Cell Rep. 2007;26:261-5 pubmed..The regeneration protocol developed in this study provides a basis for germplasm conservation and for further investigation of medicinally active constituents of the elite medicinal plant. ..
- Stirnberg P, Liu J, Ward S, Kendall S, Leyser O. Mutation of the cytosolic ribosomal protein-encoding RPS10B gene affects shoot meristematic function in Arabidopsis. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:160 pubmed publisher..Inability of other RPS10 gene family members to maintain fully S10e levels might cause the rps10b-1 phenotype, as we found no evidence for unique functional specialisation of either RPS10B promoter or RPS10B protein. ..
- Dalrymple B, Cybinski D, Layton I, McSweeney C, Xue G, Swadling Y, et al. Three Neocallimastix patriciarum esterases associated with the degradation of complex polysaccharides are members of a new family of hydrolases. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 8):2605-14 pubmed..However, none of the other previously described enzymes with acetylxylan esterase activity are members of this family of hydrolases. ..
- Zhukovskiĭ I, Kuznetsova L, Sochilina E, Veksler K. [Use of 1- and 2-thionaphthylacetates as cholinesterase substrates]. Ukr Biokhim Zh (1999). 2003;75:67-70 pubmed..The values of the kinetic parameters V and K(m) for butyrylcholinesterase hydrolysis of 1- and 2-thionaphthylacetates were determined. It was offered to use 1-thionaphthylacetates as the substrate for cholinesterases...
- Reichman J, Cohen S, Goldfarb M, Shina A, Rosen S, Brezis M, et al. Renal effects of nabumetone, a COX-2 antagonist: impairment of function in isolated perfused rat kidneys contrasts with preserved renal function in vivo. Exp Nephrol. 2001;9:387-96 pubmed..COX selectivity may not explain the renal safety of nabumetone. ..
- Chen Y, Cai W. Synthesis and fluorescence properties of rare earth (Eu3+ and Gd3+) complexes with alpha-naphthylacetic acid and 1,10-phenanthroline. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2005;62:863-8 pubmed..In addition, the relationship of Y value and mole fraction of Gd3+ was analyzed by mathematical software. The results showed that Y value decreased by single exponential mode when the content of Gd3+ decreased. ..
- Yan B, Matoney L, Yang D. Human carboxylesterases in term placentae: enzymatic characterization, molecular cloning and evidence for the existence of multiple forms. Placenta. 1999;20:599-607 pubmed..Therefore, placental carboxylesterases have both pharmacological and toxicological significance in the development of the fetus. ..
- Sivakumar P, Law Y, Ho C, Harikrishna J. High frequency plant regeneration from mature seed of elite, recalcitrant Malaysian indica rice ( Oryza sativa L.) CV. MR 219. Acta Biol Hung. 2010;61:313-21 pubmed publisher..This protocol may be used for other recalcitrant indica rice genotypes and to transfer desirable genes in to Malaysian indica rice cultivar MR219 for crop improvement. ..
- Petrasek J, Elckner M, Morris D, Zazimalova E. Auxin efflux carrier activity and auxin accumulation regulate cell division and polarity in tobacco cells. Planta. 2002;216:302-8 pubmed
- Wang L, Lv H, Zhang L, Hua H, Wang J, Hu Z, et al. [Screening of endophytic fungi from Huperzia serrata for acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity and its taxonomic identification]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2012;37:3701-5 pubmed..To screen out fungus strains with acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity from Huperzia serrata...
- Pillinger M, Dinsell V, Apsel B, Tolani S, Marjanovic N, Chan E, et al. Regulation of metalloproteinases and NF-kappaB activation in rabbit synovial fibroblasts via E prostaglandins and Erk: contrasting effects of nabumetone and 6MNA. Br J Pharmacol. 2004;142:973-82 pubmed..In contrast, nabumetone demonstrates anti-inflammatory and potentially arthroprotective effects that have not been previously appreciated. ..
- Lai C, Lin H, Nalawade S, Fang W, Tsay H. Hyperhydricity in shoot cultures of Scrophularia yoshimurae can be effectively reduced by ventilation of culture vessels. J Plant Physiol. 2005;162:355-61 pubmed..The results show that hyperhydricity in shoot cultures of S. yoshimurae could be prevented by sufficient gas exchange during culture...
- Soliman H, Gabr M, Abdallah N. Efficient transformation and regeneration of fig (Ficus carica L.) via somatic embryogenesis. GM Crops. 2010;1:40-51 pubmed publisher..0 ?g DNA per shot at 1,100 psi and a distance of 6 cm repeated twice. The transgenic nature of regenerated plants was confirmed by PCR analysis, histochemical GUS assay and leaf painting assay. ..
- Xu T, Zhang L, Zhen J, Fan Y, Zhang C, Wang L. Expressional and regulatory characterization of Arabidopsis RNA-dependent RNA polymerase 1. Planta. 2013;237:1561-9 pubmed publisher..The 5'-UTR intron was functional in transcript accumulation. Together, our findings suggest that AtRDR1-associated pathogen defense is conducted mainly in the plant vascular tissue system and is under complex regulation. ..
- Zhu H, Dardick C, Beers E, Callanhan A, Xia R, Yuan R. Transcriptomics of shading-induced and NAA-induced abscission in apple (Malus domestica) reveals a shared pathway involving reduced photosynthesis, alterations in carbohydrate transport and signaling and hormone crosstalk. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:138 pubmed publisher..This unpredictability reflects our incomplete understanding of the mode of action of NAA in promoting fruit abscission...
- Zhang G, Guan J, Huang S, Liu H, Liu X, Zhu C, et al. [Study on PLB induction and proliferation of Dendrobium officinale]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2011;34:1172-7 pubmed..The optimized medium ingredients suitable for PLB induction are MS +10% CM +1.0g/L AC; The optimized medium ingredients suitable for PLB proliferation are MS + 1.0 mg/L KT + 0.2 mg/L NAA + 10% CM. ..
- Mohamad Zuldin N, Said I, Mohd Noor N, Zainal Z, Jin Kiat C, Ismail I. Induction and analysis of the alkaloid mitragynine content of a Mitragyna speciosa suspension culture system upon elicitation and precursor feeding. ScientificWorldJournal. 2013;2013:209434 pubmed publisher..Tryptophan and loganin were used as exogenous precursors; the highest level of mitragynine production was achieved in cultures treated with 3? ?M tryptophan and harvested at 6 days (13.226 ± 1.98?mg?L?¹)...
- Aremu A, PlaÄkovÃ¡ L, NovÃ¡k O, Stirk W, DoleÅ¾al K, van Staden J. Cytokinin profiles in ex vitro acclimatized Eucomis autumnalis plants pre-treated with smoke-derived karrikinolide. Plant Cell Rep. 2016;35:227-38 pubmed publisher..The current findings establish that SW and KAR1 exert significant influence on the endogenous CK pools. However, the better growth of plants treated with SW and KAR1 treatments was not exclusively related to the endogenous CKs. ..
- Kumpulainen H, Mähönen N, Laitinen M, Jaurakkajärvi M, Raunio H, Juvonen R, et al. Evaluation of hydroxyimine as cytochrome P450-selective prodrug structure. J Med Chem. 2006;49:1207-11 pubmed..Results indicate that hydroxyimine is a useful intermediate prodrug structure for ketone drugs. ..
- Niu Y, Jin C, Jin G, Zhou Q, Lin X, Tang C, et al. Auxin modulates the enhanced development of root hairs in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. under elevated CO(2). Plant Cell Environ. 2011;34:1304-17 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that elevated CO(2) enhanced the development of root hairs in Arabidopsis via the well-characterized auxin signalling and transport that modulate the initiation of root hairs and the expression of its specific genes. ..
- Arazi T, Talmor Neiman M, Stav R, Riese M, Huijser P, Baulcombe D. Cloning and characterization of micro-RNAs from moss. Plant J. 2005;43:837-48 pubmed..Our observations suggest that miRNAs play important regulatory roles in mosses. ..
- Murillo Pulgarín J, Alañón Molina A, Sánchez Ferrer Robles I. Rapid simultaneous determination of four non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs by means of derivative nonlinear variable-angle synchronous fluorescence spectrometry. Appl Spectrosc. 2010;64:949-55 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity, repeatability, reproducibility, and limits of detection achieved with the proposed method are adequate for the determination of these anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Luu D, Martinière A, Sorieul M, Runions J, Maurel C. Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching reveals high cycling dynamics of plasma membrane aquaporins in Arabidopsis roots under salt stress. Plant J. 2012;69:894-905 pubmed publisher..Two distinct models for PM aquaporin cycling in resting or salt-stressed root cells are discussed. ..
- Szopa A, Ekiert H. In vitro cultures of Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. (Chinese magnolia vine)--a potential biotechnological rich source of therapeutically important phenolic acids. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2012;166:1941-8 pubmed publisher..chinensis in vitro cultures to produce the biologically active phenolic acids. These are the first results on the analysis of this group of metabolites in overground parts of plants growing in vivo, too...
- Xiao D, Chen Y, Yang D, Yan B. Age-related inducibility of carboxylesterases by the antiepileptic agent phenobarbital and implications in drug metabolism and lipid accumulation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:232-9 pubmed publisher..The greater induction of ces1d also provides a molecular explanation to the clinical observation that children on antiepileptic drugs increase plasma lipids. ..
- Tamura M, Togami J, Ishiguro K, Nakamura N, Katsumoto Y, Suzuki K, et al. Regeneration of transformed verbena (Verbena x hybrida) by Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Plant Cell Rep. 2003;21:459-66 pubmed..GFP was expressed in all of the organs including the floral parts. Stable genomic transformation was confirmed by Southern blot analysis. No morphological differences were observed between the transformed plants and their host plants...
- Ravikumar C, Padmaja L, Hubert Joe I. Vibrational spectra and normal coordinate analysis of plant growth regulator 1-naphthalene acetamide. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2010;75:859-66 pubmed publisher..The NBO analysis confirms the occurrence of strong intermolecular hydrogen bonding in the molecule. ..
- Umber M, Voll L, Weber A, Michler P, Otten L. The rolB-like part of the Agrobacterium rhizogenes orf8 gene inhibits sucrose export in tobacco. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2002;15:956-62 pubmed..Growth of 2x35S-A4-Norf8 seedlings is inhibited on naphthalene acetic acid-containing media, suggesting a link between sucrose transport and auxin sensitivity. ..
- Cui H, Fedoroff N. Inducible DNA demethylation mediated by the maize Suppressor-mutator transposon-encoded TnpA protein. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2883-99 pubmed
- Abuin E, Lissi E, Solar C. Effect of urea on the enzymatic activity of a lipase entrapped in AOT-heptane-water reverse micellar solutions. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2005;283:87-93 pubmed..Furthermore, at intermediate urea concentrations (2 M), the additive produces an increase in the Michaelis constant (K(M)) without a significant decrease (or even a small increase) in the catalytic rate constant (k(cat)). ..
- Canudas N, Zamora D, Villamizar J, Fuentes J, Castelli C, Taddei A. Photosensitizing properties of 6-methoxy-2-naphthylacetic acid, the major metabolite of the phototoxic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug nabumetone. Pharmazie. 2005;60:604-8 pubmed..6-MNAA was phototoxic to C. albicans, C. lipolytica and C. tropicalis. A mechanism involving singlet oxygen, radicals, and electron transfer reactions is suggested for the observed phototoxicity. ..
- Nagabalasubramanian P, Karabacak M, Periandy S. FT-IR, FT-Raman, ab initio and DFT structural, vibrational frequency and HOMO-LUMO analysis of 1-naphthaleneacetic acid methyl ester. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2011;82:169-80 pubmed publisher..The calculated frontier orbital energies, absorption wavelengths (?), oscillator strengths (f) and excitation energies (E) for gas phase and solvent (DMSO and chloroform) are also illustrated. ..
- Moghaddam S, Jaafar H, Aziz M, Ibrahim R, Rahmat A, Philip E. Optimization of an efficient semi-solid culture protocol for sterilization and plant regeneration of Centella asiatica (L.) as a medicinal herb. Molecules. 2011;16:8981-91 pubmed..The findings of this study have proven an efficient medium and PGR concentration for the mass propagation of C.asiatica. These findings would be useful in micropropagation and ex situ conservation of this plant. ..
- Lin Y, Li M, Huang L, Shen W, Ren Y. Involvement of heme oxygenase-1 in ?-cyclodextrin-hemin complex-induced cucumber adventitious rooting process. Plant Cell Rep. 2012;31:1563-72 pubmed publisher..Physiological, pharmacological and molecular evidence showed that ?-cyclodextrin-hemin complex (CDH) was able to induce cucumber adventitious rooting through heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1)-dependent mechanism and calcium signaling. ..
- Knoche M, Bukovac M. Finite dose diffusion studies: III. Effects of temperature, humidity and deposit manipulation on NAA penetration through isolated tomato fruit cuticles. Pest Manag Sci. 2001;57:737-42 pubmed..NAA penetration following deposit removal was always less than 6.1% of the amount of NAA applied and averaged 0.5 (+/- 0.2)% when deposits were removed immediately after droplet drying. ..
- Vishnevetsky J, Zamski E, Ziv M. Enhanced bud and bulblet regeneration from bulbs of Nerine sarniensis cultured in vitro. Plant Cell Rep. 2003;21:645-50 pubmed..The bulbs were rooted on a semi-solid medium after 4 weeks and then transferred to the soil. As many as 18 bulblets developed and rooted from one in vitro-grown bulb after 25-27 weeks. ..
- Keller C, Stahlberg R, Barkawi L, Cohen J. Long-term inhibition by auxin of leaf blade expansion in bean and Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1217-26 pubmed..Also, petiole treatment of Arabidopsis with 1-N-naphthylphthalamic acid similarly inhibited leaf growth of both wild-type plants and ethylene-insensitive ein4 mutants. ..
- Shishova M, Yemelyanov V, Rudashevskaya E, Lindberg S. A shift in sensitivity to auxin within development of maize seedlings. J Plant Physiol. 2007;164:1323-30 pubmed..Hence the primary auxin-induced increase in [Ca(2+)](cyt), which is supposed to be an important element of hormone signal perception and transduction, can be used as a test for elucidation of plant cell sensitivity to auxin. ..
- Huang J, Zhao X, Yu H, Ouyang Y, Wang L, Zhang Q. The ankyrin repeat gene family in rice: genome-wide identification, classification and expression profiling. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;71:207-26 pubmed publisher..Our data provided a very useful reference for cloning and functional analysis of members of this gene family in rice...
- Gomes F, Simões M, Lopes M, Canhoto J. Effect of plant growth regulators and genotype on the micropropagation of adult trees of Arbutus unedo L. (strawberry tree). N Biotechnol. 2010;27:882-92 pubmed publisher..The genotype of the donor plants is also a factor interfering with the multiplication. The results also indicated that the conditions used for multiplication influenced the behavior of shoots during the rooting phase. ..
- van Doorn W, Dole I, Celikel F, Harkema H. Opening of Iris flowers is regulated by endogenous auxins. J Plant Physiol. 2013;170:161-4 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that endogenous auxins are among the regulators of the pedicel and ovary elongation and thus of flower opening in Iris. ..
- Reiner E, Pavković E, Radic Z, Simeon V. Differentiation of esterases reacting with organophosphorus compounds. Chem Biol Interact. 1993;87:77-83 pubmed..The EDTA-insensitive hydrolysis of BNA and PA was attributed to a serine esterase. The EDTA-sensitive hydrolysis of PA is probably due to more than one enzyme, which might be an arylesterase and a carboxylesterase...
- Shah J, Tsui F, Klessig D. Characterization of a salicylic acid-insensitive mutant (sai1) of Arabidopsis thaliana, identified in a selective screen utilizing the SA-inducible expression of the tms2 gene. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1997;10:69-78 pubmed..sai1 is allelic to npr1, a previously identified SA-noninducible mutation. The recessive nature of the noninducible sai1 mutation suggests that the wild-type SAI1 gene acts as a positive regulator in the SA signal transduction pathway. ..
- Marston A, Kissling J, Hostettmann K. A rapid TLC bioautographic method for the detection of acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase inhibitors in plants. Phytochem Anal. 2002;13:51-4 pubmed..The alkaloids galanthamine and physostigmine, which are known inhibitors of acetylcholinesterase, were used to determine the sensitivity of the assay. Various plant extracts were tested using the bioassay. ..
- Marchant A, Bhalerao R, Casimiro I, Eklöf J, Casero P, Bennett M, et al. AUX1 promotes lateral root formation by facilitating indole-3-acetic acid distribution between sink and source tissues in the Arabidopsis seedling. Plant Cell. 2002;14:589-97 pubmed..Exogenous application of the synthetic auxin 1-naphthylacetic acid is able to rescue the aux1 lateral root phenotype, implying that root auxin levels are suboptimal for lateral root primordium initiation in the mutant. ..
- Pignocchi C, Fletcher J, Wilkinson J, Barnes J, Foyer C. The function of ascorbate oxidase in tobacco. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:1631-41 pubmed..Taken together, these data show that there is an interaction between hormone, redox, and light signals at the level of the apoplast via modulation of ion of AA content. ..
- Johnson M, Manickam V. In vitro micropropagation of Baliospermum montanum (Willd.) Muell-Arg--a medicinal plant. Indian J Exp Biol. 2003;41:1349-51 pubmed..IAA, IBA and NAA. Maximum number of roots were observed on half strength MS medium fortified with IBA (9.84 microM) combined with NAA (5.37 microM). ..
- DeMason D. Auxin-cytokinin and auxin-gibberellin interactions during morphogenesis of the compound leaves of pea (Pisum sativum). Planta. 2005;222:151-66 pubmed..These results show that both auxin and GA play similar and significant roles in pea leaf development. Pea leaf morphogenesis might involve auxin regulation of GA biosynthesis and GA regulation of Uni expression. ..
- Castellanos M, Power J, Davey M. Micropropagation of poinsettia by organogenesis. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;589:67-75 pubmed publisher..Direct shoot regeneration from cultured explants is important to minimize somaclonal variation in regenerated plants. ..
- Ahmed A, Mukherjee S, Deobagkar M, Naik T, Nandi D. Rapid burst of H2O2 by plant growth regulators increases intracellular Ca2+ amounts and modulates CD4+ T cell activation. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1397-405 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the direct effects of three plant growth regulators on CD4(+) T cell activation and cycling. ..
- Weichman B, Berkenkopf J, Chang J, Heaslip R, Kreft A, Lewis A, et al. WY-50, 295 tromethamine: an orally active 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor with anti-allergic activity. Agents Actions Suppl. 1991;34:201-9 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that WY-50,295 tromethamine possesses the complimentary actions of 5-LO inhibition and LTD4 receptor antagonism. ..
- Kirillova N, Komov V. [Effect of phytohormones on the protein-synthesizing ability of rauwolfia serpentina benth. tissue culture]. Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol. 2002;38:53-6 pubmed..Changes in the concentration of total protein in cells induced by indolylacetic and naphthylacetic acids were shown to be associated with the effects of these phytohormones on the biosynthesis and degradation of intracellular protein. ..
- Galis I, Simek P, Van Onckelen H, Kakiuchi Y, Wabiko H. Resistance of transgenic tobacco seedlings expressing the Agrobacterium tumefaciens C58-6b gene, to growth-inhibitory levels of cytokinin is associated with elevated IAA levels and activation of phenylpropanoid metabolism. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:939-50 pubmed
- Yamazaki Y, Sudo H, Yamazaki M, Aimi N, Saito K. Camptothecin biosynthetic genes in hairy roots of Ophiorrhiza pumila: cloning, characterization and differential expression in tissues and by stress compounds. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:395-403 pubmed..Plant stress compounds like salicylic acid repressed expression of OpSTR and OpTDC, suggesting coordinate regulation of these genes for camptothecin biosynthesis. ..
- Shi Q, Li C, Zhang F. Nicotine synthesis in Nicotiana tabacum L. induced by mechanical wounding is regulated by auxin. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:2899-907 pubmed..The results strongly suggest that auxin serves as a negative signal to regulate nicotine synthesis in roots of tobacco plants. ..
- Upadhyay R, Tiwari K, Singh K. High frequency shoots regeneration for mass multiplication of Phyllanthus fraternus Webster--an important antiviral and hepatoprotective plant. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013;169:2303-14 pubmed publisher..This cost-effective protocol will help the mass multiplication of P. fraternus for commercial propagation and high biomass production of this valuable medicinal plant. ..
- Wan G, Ma L, Zhang J. [Effect on different concentrations of exogenous hormones on baicalin in Scutellaria baicalensis callus]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2012;37:3799-802 pubmed..78 mg x g(-1). The experiment is such a simple, rapid and stable method for determining the baicalin content that it can be used for determining the baicalin content in S. baicalensis callus. ..
- Ogata K, Takamura N, Tokunaga J, Ikeda T, Setoguchi N, Tanda K, et al. A novel injection strategy of flurbiprofen axetil by inhibiting protein binding with 6-methoxy-2-naphthylacetic acid. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2016;41:179-86 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the frequency of FPA injections can be reduced when administered with nabumetone, as there is increase in the free FP concentration associated with pharmacological effect. ..
- Gushwa N, Hayashi D, Kemper A, Abram B, Taylor J, Upton J, et al. Thermotolerant guard cell protoplasts of tree tobacco do not require exogenous hormones to survive in culture and are blocked from reentering the cell cycle at the G1-to-S transition. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:1925-40 pubmed..GCPs of tree tobacco can be isolated in sufficient numbers and with the purity required to study plant cell thermotolerance and its relationship to plant cell survival, growth, dedifferentiation, and division in vitro. ..
- Du S, Zhang Y, Lin X, Wang Y, Tang C. Regulation of nitrate reductase by nitric oxide in Chinese cabbage pakchoi (Brassica chinensis L.). Plant Cell Environ. 2008;31:195-204 pubmed..The present study identifies a new mechanism of NR regulation and nitrate assimilation, which provides important new insights into the complex regulation of N-metabolism in plants. ..
- Nowakowska M, Moczek L, Szczubiałka K. Photoactive modified chitosan. Biomacromolecules. 2008;9:1631-6 pubmed publisher..The excitation energy can be used to induce photochemical reactions via energy and electron transfer. ..
- Tariq M, Ali G, Hadi F, Ahmad S, Ali N, Shah A. Callus induction and in vitro plant regeneration of rice (Oryza sativa L.) under various conditions. Pak J Biol Sci. 2008;11:255-9 pubmed..It took 27-30 days for the callus to regenerate into a complete plant. Basmati-370 produced 4-7 plantlets per callus whereas Basmati-371 produced 4-8 plantlets per callus with regeneration frequencies of 61 and 69%, respectively. ..
- Lukaszewska E, Virden R, Sliwinska E. Hormonal control of endoreduplication in sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L.) seedlings growing in vitro. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2012;14:216-22 pubmed publisher..Ethylene and NAA stimulated the process, while EBR and kinetin suppressed it and GA did not clearly affect it...
- Han B, Xu S, Xie Y, Huang J, Wang L, Yang Z, et al. ZmHO-1, a maize haem oxygenase-1 gene, plays a role in determining lateral root development. Plant Sci. 2012;184:63-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggested that a maize HO-1 gene is required for the lateral root formation. ..
- Wang L, Qiu D, Chen J, Han Y, Zheng J, Guo D. Callus cultures of Annona squamosa for the production of annonaceous acetogenins. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2002;4:171-4 pubmed..cytokinin. The content of squamocin (67.8 microg g(-1) dry weight) in calli cultured on Gamborg B-5 medium containing 5.0 mg l(-1) naphthalene acetic acid and 4.0 mg l(-1) zeatin was nearly seven times higher than that in intact fruits. ..
- Buvana R, Kannaiyan S. Influence of cell wall degrading enzymes on colonization of N2 fixing bacterium, Azorhizobium caulinodans in rice. Indian J Exp Biol. 2002;40:369-72 pubmed..Among the treatments, combination of cell wall degrading enzyme mixture and NAA with A. caulinodans induced more number of paranodules in rice. Total nitrogen content also increased in treated plants compared to uninoculated control...
- Stalman M, Koskamp A, Luderer R, Vernooy J, Wind J, Wullems G, et al. Regulation of anthraquinone biosynthesis in cell cultures of Morinda citrifolia. J Plant Physiol. 2003;160:607-14 pubmed..All data indicate that the main point of regulation in anthraquinone biosynthesis is located at the entrance of the specific secondary route. ..
- Gutierrez J, López Núñez Flores M, Gómez Ros L, Novo Uzal E, Esteban Carrasco A, Diaz J, et al. Hormonal regulation of the basic peroxidase isoenzyme from Zinnia elegans. Planta. 2009;230:767-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ZePrx is directly and indirectly regulated by the plethora of hormones that control xylem differentiation, supporting the role of ZePrx in xylem lignification. ..
- Dahlke R, Lüthen H, Steffens B. The auxin-binding pocket of auxin-binding protein 1 comprises the highly conserved boxes a and c. Planta. 2009;230:917-24 pubmed publisher..Neither does 2-NAA affect the activity of the C-terminal peptide of ABP1, which is predicted to interact with putative binding proteins of ABP1. These results support the view that box a and box c of ABP1 are auxin-binding domains. ..
- Hirano T, Sato M. Arabidopsis FAB1A/B is possibly involved in the recycling of auxin transporters. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:583-5 pubmed
- Kretzschmar T, Kohlen W, Sasse J, Borghi L, Schlegel M, Bachelier J, et al. A petunia ABC protein controls strigolactone-dependent symbiotic signalling and branching. Nature. 2012;483:341-4 pubmed publisher..PDR1 is the first known component in strigolactone transport, providing new opportunities for investigating and manipulating strigolactone-dependent processes...
- Jin S, Ma X, Han P, Wang B, Sun Y, Zhang G, et al. UGT74D1 is a novel auxin glycosyltransferase from Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61705 pubmed publisher..Our current data provide a new target gene for further genetic studies to understand the auxin regulation by glycosylation in plants. ..
- Neuteboom L, Ng J, Kuyper M, Clijdesdale O, Hooykaas P, van der Zaal B. Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones corresponding with mRNAs that accumulate during auxin-induced lateral root formation. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:273-87 pubmed..Our screening thus indicates that a variety of genes encoding extracellular proteins are activated during auxin-induced lateral root formation. ..
- Liu H, Zhou Z, Liu W. Photodegradation of alpha-naphthaleneacetic acid in aqueous solution. J Environ Sci (China). 2001;13:361-4 pubmed..At last, two photolysis intermediates were identified by GC-MS and possible photolysis pathways were proposed. ..
- San Miguel Chávez R, Soto Hernández M, Ramos Valdivia A, Kite G, Martínez Vázquez M, del Rosario García M M, et al. Production of alkaloids by in vitro culture of Erythrina americana Miller. Biotechnol Lett. 2003;25:1055-9 pubmed..The cell suspension cultures, grown in Murashige & Skoog medium with naphthaleneacetic acid (3 mg l(-1)) and kinetin (2 mg l(-1)), produced 89 and 17 microg alpha- and beta-erythroidines respectively per g dry wt. ..
- Vreeburg R, Benschop J, Peeters A, Colmer T, Ammerlaan A, Staal M, et al. Ethylene regulates fast apoplastic acidification and expansin A transcription during submergence-induced petiole elongation in Rumex palustris. Plant J. 2005;43:597-610 pubmed
- Tang W, Newton R. Mevalonate kinase activity during different stages of plant regeneration from nodular callus cultures in white pine (Pinus strobus). Tree Physiol. 2006;26:195-200 pubmed..The observed increase in MK activity preceding rooting suggests that MK could serve as a marker for rooting of white pine shoots in vitro. ..
- Celik I, Tuluce Y. Determination of toxicity of subacute treatment of some plant growth regulators on rats. Environ Toxicol. 2007;22:613-9 pubmed..These data suggest that PGRs produced substantial organ toxicity in the lung and spleen during the period of a 25-day subacute exposure. ..
- Patel B, Sharma N, Sanyal M, Prasad A, Shrivastav P. High-throughput LC-MS/MS assay for 6-methoxy-2-naphthylacetic acid, an active metabolite of nabumetone in human plasma and its application to bioequivalence study. Biomed Chromatogr. 2008;22:1213-24 pubmed publisher..8 to +0.2% in terms of percentage bias. The method was successfully applied for a bioequivalence study of 750 mg nabumetone tablet formulation in 12 healthy Indian male subjects under fasted condition. ..
- Xiao W, Chen W, Li C, Chen J, Zhang X, Zhuo R. A plug and play polymeric template driven by supramolecular interactions. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:149-54 pubmed publisher..The studies on the cell viability and phagocytosis proved that the loading and unloading process of this template could be realized in vitro. ..