Genomes and Genes
Summary: Two-ring crystalline hydrocarbons isolated from coal tar. They are used as intermediates in chemical synthesis, as insect repellents, fungicides, lubricants, preservatives, and, formerly, as topical antiseptics.
- Scopinho A, Guimarães F, Correa F, Resstel L. Cannabidiol inhibits the hyperphagia induced by cannabinoid-1 or serotonin-1A receptor agonists. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2011;98:268-72 pubmed publisher..These results show that CBD can interfere with food intake changes induced by a CB1 or 5-HT1A receptor agonist, suggesting that its role as a possible food intake regulator should be further investigate...
- Fernández López D, Faustino J, Derugin N, Wendland M, Lizasoain I, Moro M, et al. Reduced infarct size and accumulation of microglia in rats treated with WIN 55,212-2 after neonatal stroke. Neuroscience. 2012;207:307-15 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, our results show that the cannabinoid agonist WIN protects against neonatal focal stroke in part due to inhibitory effects on microglia. ..
- Akizawa T, Kido R, Fukagawa M, Onishi Y, Yamaguchi T, Hasegawa T, et al. Decreases in PTH in Japanese hemodialysis patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism: associations with changing practice patterns. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;6:2280-8 pubmed publisher..8 percentage points (95% CI: 8.1 to 17.0) and by 12.6 percentage points (13.7 to 19.9), respectively. In the routine care of hemodialysis patients, increasing use of cinacalcet was associated with better control of SHPT. ..
- Battistella M, Richardson R, Bargman J, Chan C. Improved parathyroid hormone control by cinacalcet is associated with reduction in darbepoetin requirement in patients with end-stage renal disease. Clin Nephrol. 2011;76:99-103 pubmed..Reduction of PTH by cinacalcet is associated with a decrease in darbepoetin requirement. The interface between bone and bone marrow in uremia represents a critical step in red blood cell production which merits further investigation. ..
- El Shafey E, Alsahow A, Alsaran K, Sabry A, Atia M. Cinacalcet hydrochloride therapy for secondary hyperparathyroidism in hemodialysis patients. Ther Apher Dial. 2011;15:547-55 pubmed publisher..Suppression of iPTH with cinacalcet reverses bone loss in the proximal femur. Cinacalcet alleviated itching. ..
- Koizumi M, Komaba H, Nakanishi S, Fujimori A, Fukagawa M. Cinacalcet treatment and serum FGF23 levels in haemodialysis patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:784-90 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment FGF23 cannot predict treatment response to cinacalcet in this setting. The precise mechanism of FGF23 reduction by cinacalcet and its clinical impact on outcomes in patients remain to be investigated. ..
- Marshall G, Liu P, Gherardi S, Scarlett C, Bedalov A, Xu N, et al. SIRT1 promotes N-Myc oncogenesis through a positive feedback loop involving the effects of MKP3 and ERK on N-Myc protein stability. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002135 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the important roles of SIRT1 in N-Myc oncogenesis and SIRT1 inhibitors in the prevention and therapy of N-Myc-induced neuroblastoma. ..
- Armstrong J, Harbron C, Lea S, Booth G, Cadden P, Wreggett K, et al. Synergistic effects of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibition with a corticosteroid in alveolar macrophages from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;338:732-40 pubmed publisher..Combining a p38 MAPK inhibitor with a corticosteroid synergistically enhances the anti-inflammatory effects on LPS-mediated cytokine production by alveolar macrophages from patients with COPD and controls. ..
- Chung E, Bok E, Chung Y, Baik H, Jin B. Cannabinoids prevent lipopolysaccharide-induced neurodegeneration in the rat substantia nigra in vivo through inhibition of microglial activation and NADPH oxidase. Brain Res. 2012;1451:110-6 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that cannabinoids may be beneficial for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as PD, that are associated with microglial activation. ..
- Brenker C, Goodwin N, Weyand I, Kashikar N, Naruse M, Krähling M, et al. The CatSper channel: a polymodal chemosensor in human sperm. EMBO J. 2012;31:1654-65 pubmed publisher..We propose that the CatSper channel complex serves as a polymodal sensor for multiple chemical cues that assist sperm during their voyage across the female genital tract. ..
- Raggi P, Chertow G, Torres P, Csiky B, Naso A, Nossuli K, et al. The ADVANCE study: a randomized study to evaluate the effects of cinacalcet plus low-dose vitamin D on vascular calcification in patients on hemodialysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2011;26:1327-39 pubmed publisher..In hemodialysis patients with moderate to severe secondary hyperparathyroidism, cinacalcet plus low-dose vitamin D sterols may attenuate vascular and cardiac valve calcification. ..
- Ketteler M, Martin K, Wolf M, Amdahl M, Cozzolino M, Goldsmith D, et al. Paricalcitol versus cinacalcet plus low-dose vitamin D therapy for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients receiving haemodialysis: results of the IMPACT SHPT study. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2012;27:3270-8 pubmed publisher..9% and 54.7% of cinacalcet-treated subjects in the IV and oral strata, respectively. Paricalcitol versus cinacalcet plus low-dose vitamin D provided superior control of iPTH, with low incidence of hypercalcaemia. ..
- Preet A, Qamri Z, Nasser M, Prasad A, Shilo K, Zou X, et al. Cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, as novel targets for inhibition of non-small cell lung cancer growth and metastasis. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:65-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CB1 and CB2 could be used as novel therapeutic targets against NSCLC. ..
- Kang Sickel J, Butler M, Frame L, Serdar B, Chao Y, Egeghy P, et al. The utility of naphthyl-keratin adducts as biomarkers for jet-fuel exposure. Biomarkers. 2011;16:590-9 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to characterize the relationship between NKA, other exposure biomarkers, and/or biomarkers of biological effects due to naphthalene and/or PAH exposure. ..
- Song Y, Cheng B, Zhu X, Qiao L, Wang J, Gu Y, et al. Synthesis and cytotoxic evaluation of eremophilane sesquiterpene 07H239-A derivatives. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2011;59:1186-9 pubmed
- Lucchi L, Carboni C, Stipo L, Malaguti V, Ferrari F, Graziani R, et al. Early initiation of cinacalcet for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism in hemodialysis patients: a three-year clinical experience. Artif Organs. 2011;35:1186-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the metabolic control obtained with low-dose CN administered early in the course of SHPT can be maintained or increased over time. ..
- Cozzolino M, Mazzaferro S, Messa P. New insights into the role of calcium-sensing receptor activation. J Nephrol. 2011;24 Suppl 18:S38-41 pubmed publisher..A complete understanding of the properties of calcimimetics are of obvious clinical interest, since therapeutic indications may be affected accordingly. ..
- Ghannoum M, Isham N, Herbert J, Henry W, Yurdakul S. Activity of TDT 067 (terbinafine in Transfersome) against agents of onychomycosis, as determined by minimum inhibitory and fungicidal concentrations. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:1716-20 pubmed publisher..The Transfersome vehicle appears to potentiate the antifungal activity of terbinafine. Clinical investigation of TDT 067 for the topical treatment of onychomycosis is warranted...
- Abalo R, Cabezos P, Vera G, Lopez Miranda V, Herradon E, Martín Fontelles M. Cannabinoid-induced delayed gastric emptying is selectively increased upon intermittent administration in the rat: role of CB1 receptors. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2011;23:457-67, e177 pubmed publisher..Thus, cannabinoid effects are dependent on the pattern of drug administration. ..
- Hanzel J, Thullner M, Harms H, Wick L. Microbial growth with vapor-phase substrate. Environ Pollut. 2011;159:858-64 pubmed publisher..It further suggests a crucial role of microorganisms as biofilters for gas-phase VOC emanating from contaminated groundwater or soil. ..
- Nowosielski M, Hoffmann M, Wyrwicz L, Stepniak P, Plewczynski D, Lazniewski M, et al. Detailed mechanism of squalene epoxidase inhibition by terbinafine. J Chem Inf Model. 2011;51:455-62 pubmed publisher..Our results, elucidating at a molecular level the mode of terbinafine inhibitory activity, can be utilized in designing more potent or selective antifungal drugs or even medicines lowering cholesterol in humans. ..
- Yamamoto M, Ogata H, Mizobuchi M, Yoshida N, Kumata Maeta C, Koiwa F, et al. Number of enlarged parathyroid glands might be a predictor of cinacalcet response in advanced secondary hyperparathyroidism. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012;16:292-9 pubmed publisher..We investigated clinical factors influencing therapeutic response to cinacalcet for SHPT refractory to active vitamin D sterols...
- Fuller A, Yurash B, Schaumann E, Seidl F. Self-association of water-soluble peptoids comprising (S)-N-1-(naphthylethyl)glycine residues. Org Lett. 2013;15:5118-21 pubmed publisher..Peptoid structure changes with both peptoid length and solvent composition. Multiple data support the self-association of the longest peptoid studied here, 1, via hydrophobic interactions in aqueous solutions. ..
- Mergler S, Derckx R, Reinach P, Garreis F, Böhm A, Schmelzer L, et al. Calcium regulation by temperature-sensitive transient receptor potential channels in human uveal melanoma cells. Cell Signal. 2014;26:56-69 pubmed publisher..Identification of functional TRPV1, TRPM8, TRPA1 and CB1 expression in these tissues may provide novel drug targets for treatment of this aggressive neoplastic disease. ..
- Devkota L, Lin C, Strecker T, Wang Y, Tidmore J, Chen Z, et al. Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of water-soluble amino acid prodrug conjugates derived from combretastatin, dihydronaphthalene, and benzosuberene-based parent vascular disrupting agents. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:938-956 pubmed publisher
- Zhang C, Wu H, Wang S, Yin S, Lu X, Miao Y, et al. Suppression of outward K? currents by WIN55212-2 in rat retinal ganglion cells is independent of CB1/CB2 receptors. Neuroscience. 2013;253:183-93 pubmed publisher..All these results suggest that the WIN-induced suppression of the outward K(+) currents in rat retinal ganglion cells, thereby regulating the cell excitability, were not through CB1R/CB2R signaling pathways. ..
- Nwinyi O, Ajayi O, Amund O. Degradation of polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons by two strains of Pseudomonas. Braz J Microbiol. 2016;47:551-62 pubmed publisher..From this investigation, we confirm that the former industrial site soil microbial communities may be explored for the biorestoration of the industrial site. ..
- Vervloet M, du Buf Vereijken P, Potter van Loon B, Manamley N, Reichert L, Smak Gregoor P. Cinacalcet for secondary hyperparathyroidism: from improved mineral levels to improved mortality?. Neth J Med. 2013;71:348-54 pubmed..The clinical implications of these important studies are also addressed in this review. ..
- Wang Y, Liu S, Ling W, Peng Y. A fluorescent probe for relay recognition of homocysteine and Group IIIA ions including Ga(III). Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:827-30 pubmed publisher..The system (2) generated from the recognition of Hcy exhibited further fluorescence enhancement for Ga(3+), which is the first example for specific fluorescent recognition of this metal ion. ..
- Li S, Liu G, Zheng M, Liu W, Li J, Wang M, et al. Unintentional production of persistent chlorinated and brominated organic pollutants during iron ore sintering processes. J Hazard Mater. 2017;331:63-70 pubmed publisher..dibenzo-p-dioxins/dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and polychlorinated naphthalenes (PCNs)...
- Koppanathi N, Swamy K. Regioselective carboannulation of electron-deficient allenes with dialkyl (2-formylphenyl)malonates leading to multisubstituted naphthalenes. Org Biomol Chem. 2016;14:5079-87 pubmed publisher..of allenoates (or allenylphosphonates) with dialkyl 2-(2-formylphenyl)malonates that leads to multi-substituted naphthalenes in high yields has been developed...
- Sánchez Sanz G, Alkorta I, Elguero J. Theoretical Study of Intramolecular Interactions in Peri-Substituted Naphthalenes: Chalcogen and Hydrogen Bonds. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The structures found on the CSD were used to compare the experimental and calculated results. ..
- Liu G, Yang L, Zhan J, Zheng M, Li L, Jin R, et al. Concentrations and patterns of polychlorinated biphenyls at different process stages of cement kilns co-processing waste incinerator fly ash. Waste Manag. 2016;58:280-286 pubmed publisher..The PCB distributions were similar to those found in other studies for PCDD/Fs and polychlorinated naphthalenes, which suggest that it may be possible to simultaneously control emissions of multiple organic pollutants from ..
- Huang Y, Huang J, Song Y, Liu H. Use of selenium to alleviate naphthalene induced oxidative stress in Trifolium repens L. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;143:1-5 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that a low concentration of Se protects plants against oxidative stress induced by NPH and can provide a means for improving phytoremediation in PAHs contaminated soils. ..
- García Soblechero E, Ferrer Castillo M, Jiménez Crespo B, Domínguez Quintero M, González Fuentes C. Neonatal hypercalcemia due to a homozygous mutation in the calcium-sensing receptor: failure of cinacalcet. Neonatology. 2013;104:104-8 pubmed publisher..Because there are multiple mutations that affect the CASR gene in different ways, treatment with cinacalcet as an alternative to surgery may be valuable in homozygous cases that are caused by different mutations than the reported case. ..
- Hassan A, Hatsugai N, Shah M. A phytotoxin Solanapyrone-A downregulates calcium-dependent protein kinase activity in potato. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:1540-5 pubmed publisher..Based on the current findings, we suggest that RiCDPK2 may mediate SpA-induced signaling independent of Ca(2+) and Mg(2+), leading to a compatible interaction between potato and A. solani. ..
- Yu Z, Ohulchanskyy T, An P, Prasad P, Lin Q. Fluorogenic, two-photon-triggered photoclick chemistry in live mammalian cells. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:16766-9 pubmed publisher..8 GM. Furthermore, the use of this naphthalene-tetrazole for real-time, spatially controlled imaging of microtubules in live mammalian cells via the fluorogenic, two-photon-triggered photoclick chemistry was demonstrated. ..
- Del Prete M, Marotta V, Ramundo V, Marciello F, Di Sarno A, Esposito R, et al. Impact of cinacalcet hydrochloride in clinical management of primary hyperparathyroidism in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1. Minerva Endocrinol. 2013;38:389-94 pubmed..If cinacalcet will be confirmed to ensure a long-time control of PHPT or even to prevent the development and progression of PHPT, this may led to modify the therapeutic strategy of MEN1 PHPT. ..
- Zimmermann L, Bussiere A, Ouberai M, Baussanne I, Jolivalt C, Mingeot Leclercq M, et al. Tuning the antibacterial activity of amphiphilic neamine derivatives and comparison to paromamine homologues. J Med Chem. 2013;56:7691-705 pubmed publisher..This work revealed the existence of windows of lipophilicity necessary for obtaining strong antibacterial effects that should be of interest in the field of antibacterial amphiphilic aminoglycosides. ..
- Grambow E, Strüder D, Klar E, Hinz B, Vollmar B. Differential effects of endogenous, phyto and synthetic cannabinoids on thrombogenesis and platelet activity. Biofactors. 2016;42:581-590 pubmed publisher..By contrast, CBD and WIN55,212-2 were not associated with induction of thrombosis or activation of platelets. © 2016 BioFactors, 42(6):581-590, 2016. ..
- Miret J, MunnÃ© Bosch S. Abscisic acid and pyrabactin improve vitamin C contents in raspberries. Food Chem. 2016;203:216-223 pubmed publisher..However, treatments containing pyrabactin-combined with ABA or alone-diminished protein content, thus partially limiting its potential applicability. ..
- Kim J, In S, Park Y, Park M, Kim E, Lee S. Deposition of JWH-018, JWH-073 and their metabolites in hair and effect of hair pigmentation. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2013;405:9769-78 pubmed publisher..In the analysis of 18 authentic hair samples, only JWH-018, JWH-018 N-5-OH M, and JWH-073 were detected, with wide variation in concentrations. ..
- Ghoneim M, Ma G, El Hela A, Mohammad A, Kottob S, El Ghaly S, et al. Biologically active secondary metabolites from Asphodelus microcarpus. Nat Prod Commun. 2013;8:1117-9 pubmed..8-0.7 microg/mL without showing any cytotoxicity to mammalian cells. ..
- Schaberle F, Rego Filho F, Reis L, Arnaut L. Assessment of lifetime resolution limits in time-resolved photoacoustic calorimetry vs. transducer frequencies: setting the stage for picosecond resolution. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2016;15:204-10 pubmed publisher..25 MHz transducer was 19 ns and our modelling of the transducer responses indicates that sub-nanosecond lifetimes of photoacoustic transients can be resolved with transducers of central frequencies above 100 MHz. ..
- Kondrasenko A, Goncharov E, Dugaev K, Rubaylo A. CBL-2201. Report on a new designer drug: Napht-1-yl 1-(5-fluoropentyl)-1H-indole-3-carboxylate. Forensic Sci Int. 2015;257:209-13 pubmed publisher..Structural difference of the studied compound and known illicit compounds has been determined using 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopy. Analytical data for the identification of this compound were provided. ..
- Salmhofer H, Franzen M, Hitzl W, Koller J, Kreymann B, Fend F, et al. Multi-modal treatment of calciphylaxis with sodium-thiosulfate, cinacalcet and sevelamer including long-term data. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2013;37:346-59 pubmed publisher..This novel combined approach, a multi-modal treatment of calciphylaxis with persistent hyperparathyroidism, using IV sodium thiosulfate, cinacalcet and sevelamer seems to improve the outcome of this devastating disease. ..
- Gritti F, Pynt J, Soliven A, Dennis G, Shalliker R, Guiochon G. Effect of parallel segmented flow chromatography on the height equivalent to a theoretical plate III--influence of the column length, particle diameter, and the molecular weight of the analyte on the efficiency gain. J Chromatogr A. 2014;1333:32-44 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the gain in column efficiency is marginal for insulin because the mass transfer mechanism of this compound is mostly controlled by the slow diffusivity of insulin across Hypurity-C18 particles. ..
- Ren Y, D Ambrosio M, Garvin J, Wang H, Carretero O. Prostaglandin E2 mediates connecting tubule glomerular feedback. Hypertension. 2013;62:1123-8 pubmed publisher..2 to 15.3 ± 0.7 ?m; P<0.001; n=6), and this effect was blocked by ONO-AE3-208 (10(-7) mol/L). We conclude that during CTGF, the CNT releases prostaglandin E2, which acts on EP4 on the Af-Art inducing endothelium-independent dilation. ..
- Manojveer S, Balamurugan R. Synthesis of naphthalene derivatives from ortho-alkynylacetophenone derivatives via tandem in situ incorporation of acetal and intramolecular heteroalkyne metathesis/annulation. Org Lett. 2014;16:1712-5 pubmed publisher..A deuterium incorporation experiment has been carried out to understand the mechanism. ..
- Shan T, Lu S, Luo C, Luo R, Mou Y, Wang M, et al. Preparative separation of spirobisnaphthalenes from endophytic fungus Berkleasmium sp. Dzf12 by high-speed counter-current chromatography. Molecules. 2013;18:12896-908 pubmed publisher..The purified spirobisnaphthalenes were further structurally characterized by means of physicochemical and spectrometric analysis. ..
- Masakorala K, Yao J, Cai M, Chandankere R, Yuan H, Chen H. Isolation and characterization of a novel phenanthrene (PHE) degrading strain Psuedomonas sp. USTB-RU from petroleum contaminated soil. J Hazard Mater. 2013;263 Pt 2:493-500 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the isolated novel strain USTB-RU may have a high potential for application in in situ bioremediation of phenanthrene contaminated environment. ..
- Hiruta Y, Kanazashi R, Ayano E, Okano T, Kanazawa H. Temperature-responsive molecular recognition chromatography using phenylalanine and tryptophan derived polymer modified silica beads. Analyst. 2016;141:910-7 pubmed publisher..Both temperature-response and molecular recognition characteristics are present in the proposed separation system that utilizes a temperature-responsive polymer bearing aromatic amino acid derivatives. ..
- Landagaray E, Ettaoussi M, Duroux R, Boutin J, Caignard D, Delagrange P, et al. Melatonergic ligands: Design, synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of novel series of naphthofuranic derivatives. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;109:360-70 pubmed publisher..09Â nM). In addition, lateral chain displacement from position 1 to 2 of the furan core had no effect on the binding affinity at both MT1 and MT2, while elongation of this side chain, led to decreased melatonergic binding affinities. ..
- Thvedt T, Kaasa K, Sundby E, Charnock C, Hoff B. Chiral N-benzyl-N-methyl-1-(naphthalen-1-yl)ethanamines and their in vitro antifungal activity against Cryptococcus neoformans, Trichophyton mentagrophytes and Trichophyton rubrum. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;68:482-96 pubmed publisher..A low antifungal activity was observed for the fluorinated derivative indicating the importance of the amine basicity for the antifungal potency of these compounds. ..
- Pagani D, Heidrich D, Paulino G, de Oliveira Alves K, Dalbem P, de Oliveira C, et al. Susceptibility to antifungal agents and enzymatic activity of Candida haemulonii and Cutaneotrichosporon dermatis isolated from soft corals on the Brazilian reefs. Arch Microbiol. 2016;198:963-971 pubmed..We discuss the characterization of C. haemulonii and C. dermatis as a possible emerging pathogen due to its animal-related enzymatic arsenal and antifungal resistance. ..
- Sonar S, Dudda J. Clara epithelial cell depletion in the lung. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1032:229-34 pubmed publisher..Using naphthalene, Clara cells can be depleted within 24 h and regenerate by 1 month, hence, providing an easy method to study the impact of Clara cells on lung inflammation. ..
- Afshordel S, WOOD W, Igbavboa U, Muller W, Eckert G. Impaired geranylgeranyltransferase-I regulation reduces membrane-associated Rho protein levels in aged mouse brain. J Neurochem. 2014;129:732-42 pubmed publisher..This down-regulation could be one of the mechanisms causing age-related weakening of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Mitchell E, McCall J, Theodore Chester S, Larsen D. Efficacy of afoxolaner against Ixodes scapularis ticks in dogs. Vet Parasitol. 2014;201:223-5 pubmed publisher..5mg/kg) eliminated the pre-existing infestations of I. scapularis ticks and controlled weekly re-infestations, with efficacy between 98% and 100% recorded until Day 23 and 94% at Day 30. ..
- Yenisehirli G, Tunçoglu E, Yenisehirli A, Bulut Y. In vitro activities of antifungal drugs against dermatophytes isolated in Tokat, Turkey. Int J Dermatol. 2013;52:1557-60 pubmed publisher..Griseofulvin was the less active antifungal drug against T. mentagrophytes isolates. Performing antifungal susceptibility testing is especially important for screening the development of antifungal resistance. ..
- Li X, Xie F, Liu S, Li Y, Zhou J, Liu Y, et al. Naphtho-?-pyrones from Endophyte Aspergillus niger occurring in the liverwort Heteroscyphus tener (Steph.) Schiffn. Chem Biodivers. 2013;10:1193-201 pubmed publisher..Their structures were determined by extensive spectroscopic analysis. The absolute configurations of dimeric naphtho-?-pyrones 3-9 were also determined by analysis of their respective CD spectra. ..
- Hermanson D, Hartley N, Gamble George J, Brown N, Shonesy B, Kingsley P, et al. Substrate-selective COX-2 inhibition decreases anxiety via endocannabinoid activation. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1291-8 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a key role for COX-2 in the regulation of eCB signaling and indicate that substrate-selective pharmacology represents a viable approach for eCB augmentation with broad therapeutic potential. ..
- Ferrero J, Alvarez A, Ramírez Franco J, Godino M, Bartolomé Martín D, Aguado C, et al. ?-Adrenergic receptors activate exchange protein directly activated by cAMP (Epac), translocate Munc13-1, and enhance the Rab3A-RIM1? interaction to potentiate glutamate release at cerebrocortical nerve terminals. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31370-85 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we conclude that ?ARs couple to a cAMP/Epac/PLC/Munc13/Rab3/RIM-dependent pathway to enhance glutamate release at cerebrocortical nerve terminals. ..
- Lefevre G, Hozalski R, Novak P. Root exudate enhanced contaminant desorption: an abiotic contribution to the rhizosphere effect. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:11545-53 pubmed publisher..Overall, we present evidence that enhanced contaminant desorption in the presence of exudates provides an abiotic contribution to the rhizosphere effect. ..
- Zhang W, Qiang W, Ying Fei W, Ming S, Wang R. Development and validation of a sensitive UPLC-MS/MS method for the simultaneous determination of dapoxetine and its two metabolites in human plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;119:45-9 pubmed publisher..This assay was successfully used to support a clinical pharmacokinetic study following oral administration of dapoxetine tablets in healthy Chinese subjects. ..
- Chen X, Cai Z. A fusant of Amycolatopsis sp. M3-1 and Pseudomonas sp. Nai8 with high capacity of degrading novel pyrimidynyloxybenzoic herbicide ZJ0273 and naphthalene. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:3517-24 pubmed publisher..ZJ0273 biodegradation catalyzed by the recombinant strain MN6 involved continuous biocatalytic reactions such as de-estering, hydrolysis, acylation, C-N cleavage, de-methyl, and ether cleavage reactions. ..
- Boerma M, Wang J, Sridharan V, Herbert J, Hauer Jensen M. Pharmacological induction of transforming growth factor-beta1 in rat models enhances radiation injury in the intestine and the heart. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70479 pubmed publisher..These results lend further support for the direct involvement of TGF-?1 in biological mechanisms of radiation-induced adverse remodeling in the intestine and the heart. ..
- Maehara S. [Pharmacological characterization of metabotropic glutamate-receptor 1 antagonist for the treatment of schizophrenia]. Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 2013;142:280-4 pubmed
- Yilmaz M, Kavak A, Yamaner N. Bilateral and symmetrical tinea mammae. Dermatol Online J. 2013;19:19625 pubmed..Tinea corporis has rarely been reported in some locations such as on the breast skin as unilaterally. Herein, we present a case of bilateral tinea mammae, which has not been reported before in English language literature to our knowledge. ..
- Fuse S, Inaba K, Takagi M, Tanaka M, Hirokawa T, Johmoto K, et al. Design and synthesis of 2-phenyl-1,4-dioxa-spiro[4.5]deca-6,9-dien-8-ones as potential anticancer agents starting from cytotoxic spiromamakone A. Eur J Med Chem. 2013;66:180-4 pubmed publisher..5]deca-6,9-dien-8-one (7d-II) was discovered and found to be fifteen-fold more cytotoxic than 1. The easily accessible spiroacetal 7d-II appeared to act in a manner similar to the highly oxidized natural product, spiromamakone A (1). ..
- Tongo I, Ezemonye L, Akpeh K. Distribution, characterization, and human health risk assessment of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Ovia River, Southern Nigeria. Environ Monit Assess. 2017;189:247 pubmed publisher..Carcinogenic risk indices also indicated low risk from fish consumption. In spite of the assessed low risk from exposure, continuous monitoring of PAH levels in this water body is imperative to prevent future human health effects. ..