Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cluster of FLOWERS (as opposed to a solitary flower) arranged on a main stem of a plant.
- Kochieva E, Filyushin M, Beletsky A, Ravin N, Skryabin K. Identification and expression analysis of chitinase genes in parasitic plant Monotropa hypopitys. Dokl Biochem Biophys. 2017;473:111-113 pubmed publisher..MhCHI4 transcripts were detected primarily in the flowers and were almost absent in the roots, whereas the expression level of MhCHI3 was relatively high in all organs but maximum in the leaves (bracts). ..
- Mo Y, Li L, Li J, Rohwer J, Li H, Li J. Alseodaphnopsis: A new genus of Lauraceae based on molecular and morphological evidence. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186545 pubmed publisher..The new genus is circumscribed, eight new combinations for its species are made, and a description and illustration of the new species are provided. ..
- Sytar O, Borankulova A, Hemmerich I, Rauh C, Smetanska I. Effect of chlorocholine chlorid on phenolic acids accumulation and polyphenols formation of buckwheat plants. Biol Res. 2014;47:19 pubmed publisher..The obtained results suggest that influence of CCC on the phenolics composition can be a result of various mechanisms of CCC uptake, transforming and/or its translocation in the buckwheat seedlings. ..
- Granado Yela C, Balaguer L, Cayuela L, Méndez M. Unusual positional effects on flower sex in an andromonoecious tree: Resource competition, architectural constraints, or inhibition by the apical flower?. Am J Bot. 2017;104:608-615 pubmed publisher..Subapical flowers did not seem to be hormonally suppressed by apical flowers. The study of these unusual positional effects is needed for a general understanding about the functional implications of inflorescence architecture.
- Soyk S, Lemmon Z, Oved M, Fisher J, Liberatore K, Park S, et al. Bypassing Negative Epistasis on Yield in Tomato Imposed by a Domestication Gene. Cell. 2017;169:1142-1155.e12 pubmed publisherSelection for inflorescence architecture with improved flower production and yield is common to many domesticated crops...
- Kite G, Hetterscheid W. Phylogenetic trends in the evolution of inflorescence odours in Amorphophallus. Phytochemistry. 2017;142:126-142 pubmed publisherThe chemical composition of inflorescence odours of 80 species of Amorphophallus (Araceae) were determined by headspace-thermal desorption GC-MS...
- Cheah B, Jadhao S, Vasudevan M, Wickneswari R, Nadarajah K. Identification of functionally important microRNAs from rice inflorescence at heading stage of a qDTY4.1-QTL bearing Near Isogenic Line under drought conditions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186382 pubmed publisher..at reproductive stage, currently, there is only one report on the detection of drought-responsive microRNAs in inflorescence tissue of a Japonica rice line...