plant physiological phenomena
Summary: The physiological processes, properties, and states characteristic of plants.
- McNeil M, Darvill A, Fry S, Albersheim P. Structure and function of the primary cell walls of plants. Annu Rev Biochem. 1984;53:625-63 pubmed
- Revel M, Dejean A, Céréghino R, Roux O. An assassin among predators: the relationship between plant-ants, their host Myrmecophytes and the Reduviidae Zelus annulosus. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..physophora treelets having characteristics more favourable to the development of their progeny...
- Funnekotter B, Bunn E, Mancera R. Cryo-mesh: a simple alternative cryopreservation protocol. Cryo Letters. 2017;38:155-159 pubmed..Anigozanthos viridis shoot tips were successfully cryopreserved utilising the new cryo-mesh. The cryo-mesh thus provides a simple and successful alternative for cryopreservation. ..
- PyÅ¡ek P, Manceur A, Alba C, McGregor K, Pergl J, StajerovÃ¡ K, et al. Naturalization of central European plants in North America: species traits, habitats, propagule pressure, residence time. Ecology. 2015;96:762-74 pubmed
- Fois M, Fenu G, Cañadas E, Bacchetta G. Disentangling the influence of environmental and anthropogenic factors on the distribution of endemic vascular plants in Sardinia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182539 pubmed publisher..In addition, variations of EVPR patterns at regional-to-local spatial scales inspire next investigations on the possible interaction between elevation and area in explaining patterns of plant species richness. ..
- Finch Savage W, Footitt S. Seed dormancy cycling and the regulation of dormancy mechanisms to time germination in variable field environments. J Exp Bot. 2017;68:843-856 pubmed publisher..This approach has provided new insight into the co-ordination of mechanisms and signalling networks, and the multidimensional sensing that regulates dormancy cycling in a variable environment. ..
- Leach J, Triplett L, Argueso C, Trivedi P. Communication in the Phytobiome. Cell. 2017;169:587-596 pubmed publisher..Such an understanding could lead to new biological, chemical, and breeding strategies to improve crop health and productivity. ..
- Olariu V, Nilsson J, Jonsson H, Peterson C. Different reprogramming propensities in plants and mammals: Are small variations in the core network wirings responsible?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175251 pubmed publisher..e. capable to reorganize from single differentiated cells to whole plants-reprogramming. The presence of an incoherent feed-forward loop in the mammalian core circuitry could be the origin of the different reprogramming behaviour. ..
- Konglerd P, Reeb C, Jansson F, Kaandorp J. Quantitative morphological analysis of 2D images of complex-shaped branching biological growth forms: the example of branching thalli of liverworts. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10:103 pubmed publisher..We found significant results to distinguish Riccardia species by using the measurements. The methods are also applicable for analyzing other branching organisms. Our software is freely available under the GNU GPL. ..
- Gassmann W, Appel H, Oliver M. The interface between abiotic and biotic stress responses. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:2023-4 pubmed
- Dormann C, von Riedmatten L, Scherer Lorenzen M. No consistent effect of plant species richness on resistance to simulated climate change for above- or below-ground processes in managed grasslands. BMC Ecol. 2017;17:23 pubmed publisher..A review of the literature also indicates that climate manipulations largely fail to show richness-buffering, while natural experiments do, suggesting that such manipulations are milder than reality or incur treatment artefacts. ..
- Fry S, Aldington S, Hetherington P, Aitken J. Oligosaccharides as signals and substrates in the plant cell wall. Plant Physiol. 1993;103:1-5 pubmed
- Hiscock S. Sexual plant reproduction. Ann Bot. 2011;108:585-7 pubmed
- Griotti M, Muñoz Escobar C, Ferretti N. Linking Vegetation Structure and Spider Diversity in Riparian and Adjacent Habitats in Two Rivers of Central Argentina: An Analysis at Two Conceptual Levels. Environ Entomol. 2017;46:794-803 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that analyzing a community at two conceptual levels will be useful for recognizing different responses of spider communities to vegetation structure in diverse habitat types...
- Biederman L, Mortensen B, Fay P, Hagenah N, Knops J, La Pierre K, et al. Nutrient addition shifts plant community composition towards earlier flowering species in some prairie ecoregions in the U.S. Central Plains. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178440 pubmed publisher..In these communities a disturbance other than nutrient addition may be required to disrupt phenological patterns. ..
- Funk J, Standish R, Stock W, Valladares F. Plant functional traits of dominant native and invasive species in mediterranean-climate ecosystems. Ecology. 2016;97:75-83 pubmed
- Li Y, Shipley B. An experimental test of CSR theory using a globally calibrated ordination method. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175404 pubmed publisher..StrateFy worked surprisingly well in our experimental study except for the C-dimension. Despite loss of some precision, it has great potential applicability in future studies due to its simplicity and generality. ..
- Liu L, Wang D, Meng M, Xue J. Further study of Late Devonian seed plant Cosmosperma polyloba: its reconstruction and evolutionary significance. BMC Evol Biol. 2017;17:149 pubmed publisher..We tentatively reconstructed Cosmosperma with an upright, semi-self-supporting habit, and the prickles along stems and frond rachises were interpreted as characteristics facilitating supporting rather than defensive structures. ..
- Leffler A, James J, Monaco T, Sheley R. A new perspective on trait differences between native and invasive exotic plants. Ecology. 2014;95:298-305 pubmed..Consequently, trait differences may be important in certain contexts, but other mechanisms of invasion are likely more important in most cases. We suggest that using trait values as predictors of invasion will be challenging. ..
- Maxwell K, Johnson G. Chlorophyll fluorescence--a practical guide. J Exp Bot. 2000;51:659-68 pubmed..A selection of examples is then used to illustrate the types of information that fluorescence can provide. ..
- Fuller A, Young P, Pierce B, Kitson Finuff J, Jain P, Schneider K, et al. Redox-mediated quorum sensing in plants. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182655 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, this chemistry is similar to black and white photography with the emerging dynamic reaction-diffusion network laying the foundation for the precise temporal and spatial control underlying rhizosphere architecture...