prenatal nutritional physiological phenomena
Summary: Nutrition of FEMALE during PREGNANCY.
- Bezanson K, Isenman P. Scaling up nutrition: a framework for action. Food Nutr Bull. 2010;31:178-86 pubmed
- Farbu J, Haugen M, Meltzer H, Brantsæter A. Impact of singlehood during pregnancy on dietary intake and birth outcomes- a study in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2014;14:396 pubmed publisher..This study shows that single mothers should be given special attention during antenatal care and counselling. ..
- Batistel F, Alharthi A, Wang L, Parys C, Pan Y, Cardoso F, et al. Placentome Nutrient Transporters and Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Signaling Proteins Are Altered by the Methionine Supply during Late Gestation in Dairy Cows and Are Associated with Newborn Birth Weight. J Nutr. 2017;147:1640-1647 pubmed publisher
- Maslova E, Hansen S, Grunnet L, Strøm M, Bjerregaard A, Hjort L, et al. Maternal protein intake in pregnancy and offspring metabolic health at age 9-16 y: results from a Danish cohort of gestational diabetes mellitus pregnancies and controls. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:623-636 pubmed publisher..Further studies in larger cohorts are needed to determine whether low maternal protein intake in pregnancy may improve glucose homeostasis in GDM-exposed and male offspring. ..
- . ACOG Committee opinion no. 548: weight gain during pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2013;121:210-2 pubmed publisher..Individualized care and clinical judgment are necessary in the management of the overweight or obese woman who is gaining (or wishes to gain) less weight than recommended but has an appropriately growing fetus. ..
- Loy S, Wee P, Colega M, Cheung Y, Aris I, Chan J, et al. Maternal Night-Fasting Interval during Pregnancy Is Directly Associated with Neonatal Head Circumference and Adiposity in Girls but Not Boys. J Nutr. 2017;147:1384-1391 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT01174875. ..
- Abel M, Caspersen I, Meltzer H, Haugen M, Brandlistuen R, Aase H, et al. Suboptimal Maternal Iodine Intake Is Associated with Impaired Child Neurodevelopment at 3 Years of Age in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study. J Nutr. 2017;147:1314-1324 pubmed publisher..The results showed no evidence of a protective effect of iodine supplementation during pregnancy. ..
- Yang J, Cheng Y, Pei L, Jiang Y, Lei F, Zeng L, et al. Maternal iron intake during pregnancy and birth outcomes: a cross-sectional study in Northwest China. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:862-871 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that maternal haeme Fe intake is associated with a reduced risk of LBW, SGA, IUGR and birth defects, and Fe supplements use during pregnancy reduces LBW risk. ..
- . ACOG Committee opinion no. 549: obesity in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2013;121:213-7 pubmed publisher..For all obese patients, anesthesiology consultation early in labor should be considered, and consultation with weight-reduction specialists before attempting another pregnancy should be encouraged. ..
- Kawai K, Spiegelman D, Shankar A, Fawzi W. Maternal multiple micronutrient supplementation and pregnancy outcomes in developing countries: meta-analysis and meta-regression. Bull World Health Organ. 2011;89:402-411B pubmed publisher..The safety, efficacy and effective delivery of maternal micronutrient supplementation require further research. ..
- Händel M, Frederiksen P, Osmond C, Cooper C, Abrahamsen B, Heitmann B. Prenatal exposure to vitamin D from fortified margarine and risk of fractures in late childhood: period and cohort results from 222 000 subjects in the D-tect observational study. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:872-881 pubmed publisher..Replication studies are needed. ..
- Angkasa D, Tambunan V, Khusun H, Witjaksono F, Agustina R. Inadequate dietary ?-linolenic acid intake among Indonesian pregnant women is associated with lower newborn weights in urban Jakarta. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:S9-S18 pubmed publisher..Enhanced promotion of consumption of foods rich in essential fatty acids during pregnancy may facilitate attaining optimal infant weight in urban areas. ..
- Ma H, Sales V, Wolf A, Subramanian S, Matthews T, Chen M, et al. Attenuated Effects of Bile Acids on Glucose Metabolism and Insulin Sensitivity in a Male Mouse Model of Prenatal Undernutrition. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2441-2452 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that BA metabolism may be a previously unrecognized contributor to developmentally programmed diabetes risk...
- Kulkarni B, Kuper H, Radhakrishna K, Hills A, Byrne N, Taylor A, et al. The association of early life supplemental nutrition with lean body mass and grip strength in adulthood: evidence from APCAPS. Am J Epidemiol. 2014;179:700-9 pubmed publisher..This study could not detect a "programming" effect of early nutrition supplementation on adult LBM and muscle strength. ..
- Dean S, Lassi Z, Imam A, Bhutta Z. Preconception care: nutritional risks and interventions. Reprod Health. 2014;11 Suppl 3:S3 pubmed publisher..The effectiveness of interventions will need to be simultaneously monitored, and form the basis for the development of improved delivery strategies and new nutritional interventions. ..
- Vazquez Gomez M, Garcia Contreras C, Torres Rovira L, Pesantez J, Gonzalez Añover P, Gomez Fidalgo E, et al. Polyphenols and IUGR pregnancies: Maternal hydroxytyrosol supplementation improves prenatal and early-postnatal growth and metabolism of the offspring. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177593 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that maternal supplementation with hydroxytyrosol may improve pre- and early post-natal development of offspring in pregnancies at risk of IUGR. ..
- Carrara V, Stuetz W, Lee S, Sriprawat K, Po B, Hanboonkunupakarn B, et al. Longer exposure to a new refugee food ration is associated with reduced prevalence of small for gestational age: results from 2 cross-sectional surveys on the Thailand-Myanmar border. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;105:1382-1390 pubmed publisher..Good nutrition in pregnancy remains an important challenge for refugee populations. This trial was registered at http://drks-neu.uniklinik-freiburg.de/drks_web/ as DRKS00007736. ..
- Valera Gran D, Navarrete Muñoz E, García de La Hera M, Fernandez Somoano A, Tardon A, Ibarluzea J, et al. Effect of maternal high dosages of folic acid supplements on neurocognitive development in children at 4-5 y of age: the prospective birth cohort Infancia y Medio Ambiente (INMA) study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:878-887 pubmed publisher..The use of FAS dosages ?1000 ?g/d during pregnancy should be monitored and prevented as much as possible, unless medically prescribed. ..
- Amundson L, Hernandez L, Crenshaw T. Serum and tissue 25-OH vitamin D3 concentrations do not predict bone abnormalities and molecular markers of vitamin D metabolism in the hypovitaminosis D kyphotic pig model. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:30-40 pubmed publisher..The mode of action by which maternal dietary D influences development of skeletal abnormalities warrants further investigation. ..