Summary: The functions and properties of living organisms, including both the physical and chemical factors and processes, supporting life in single- or multi-cell organisms from their origin through the progression of life.
- Brown M, Garrett E. KINETICS AND MECHANISMS OF ACTION OF ANTIBIOTICS ON MICROORGANISMS. I. REPRODUCIBILITY OF ESCHERICHIA COLI GROWTH CURVES AND DEPENDENCE UPON TETRACYCLINE CONCENTRATION. J Pharm Sci. 1964;53:179-83 pubmed
- Inouye C, Bae C, Hayes K. Using whiteboards to support college students' learning of complex physiological concepts. Adv Physiol Educ. 2017;41:478-484 pubmed publisher..Taken together, findings point to whiteboarding as an effective tool that can be integrated in traditional lecture courses to promote students' understanding of physiology. ..
- Michael J, Martinkova P, McFarland J, Wright A, Cliff W, Modell H, et al. Validating a conceptual framework for the core concept of "cell-cell communication". Adv Physiol Educ. 2017;41:260-265 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the lower in the hierarchy an item is, the less important it is thought to be. Finally, there was no significant difference in the ratings given by faculty at different types of institutions. ..
- KENDALL D. On some modes of population growth leading to R. A. Fisher's logarithmic series distribution. Biometrika. 1948;35:6-15 pubmed
- Cooper P, Wilson J, Burt A. The bulk growth of animal cells in continuous suspension culture. J Gen Microbiol. 1959;21:702-20 pubmed
- Kuida H, Gilbert R, Hinshaw L, Brunson J, Visscher M. Species differences in effect of gram-negative endotoxin on circulation. Am J Physiol. 1961;200:1197-202 pubmed
- DERN R, Weinstein I, LEROY G, Talmage D, ALVING A. The hemolytic effect of primaquine. I. The localization of the drug-induced hemolytic defect in primaquine-sensitive individuals. J Lab Clin Med. 1954;43:303-9 pubmed
- Schlegel H, Kaltwasser H, Gottschalk G. [A submersion method for culture of hydrogen-oxidizing bacteria: growth physiological studies]. Arch Mikrobiol. 1961;38:209-22 pubmed