Genomes and Genes
dynamic light scattering
Summary: An analytical technique for measuring particle size of molecules that are less than a micron in diameter dispersed or dissolved in a liquid.
- Balaji S, Mandal B, Ranjan S, Dasgupta N, Chidambaram R. Nano-zirconia - Evaluation of its antioxidant and anticancer activity. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;170:125-133 pubmed publisher..This is the first study in which E. globulus leaf extract was used to synthesize smaller spherical shaped ZrO2 NPs for improved bioactivity i.e. antioxidant and cytotoxicity. ..
- Lv Y, Li J, Chen H, Bai Y, Zhang L. Glycyrrhetinic acid-functionalized mesoporous silica nanoparticles as hepatocellular carcinoma-targeted drug carrier. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4361-4370 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide a promising nanoplatform for the targeting of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Matos A, Pereira G, Cabral Filho P, Santos B, Fontes A. Delivery of cationic quantum dots using fusogenic liposomes in living cells. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;171:43-49 pubmed publisher..Liposomes were characterized using zeta potential, dynamic light scattering (DLS), fluorescence microscopy and transmission electron microscopy (TEM)...
- Phapal S, Has C, Sunthar P. Spontaneous formation of single component liposomes from a solution. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;205:25-33 pubmed publisher..The method provides the first pure system to study the self-assembly of vesicle-forming surfactants; and with a natural thermodynamic length scale, it may have an implication for the vesicle size selection under pre-biotic conditions. ..
- Liang H, Zhou B, He Y, Pei Y, Li B, Li J. Tailoring stimuli-responsive delivery system driven by metal-ligand coordination bonding. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3315-3330 pubmed publisher..This system showed significant potential as a highly versatile and potent platform for drug delivery. ..
- Pearson L, Klaharn I, Thongsawang B, Manuprasert W, Saejew T, Somparn P, et al. Multiple extracellular vesicle types in peritoneal dialysis effluent are prominent and contain known biomarkers. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178601 pubmed publisher..electron microscopy, and their particle counts were investigated using nanoparticle tracking analysis and dynamic light scattering. Using tandem mass spectrometry, marker proteins from three types of EVs i.e...
- Tian H, Sakmar T, Huber T. The Energetics of Chromophore Binding in the Visual Photoreceptor Rhodopsin. Biophys J. 2017;113:60-72 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insights into the ligand-receptor binding reaction for rhodopsin in particular, and for GPCRs more broadly. ..
- Singh P, Kim Y, Singh H, Ahn S, Castro Aceituno V, Yang D. In situ preparation of water-soluble ginsenoside Rh2-entrapped bovine serum albumin nanoparticles: in vitro cytocompatibility studies. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4073-4084 pubmed publisher..resonance, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, field emission transmission electron microscopy, dynamic light scattering, and thermogravimetric analysis confirmed that the prepared BSA-Rh2 NPs were spherical, highly ..
- Yu S, Zhao Z, Sun L, Li P. Fermentation Results in Quantitative Changes in Milk-Derived Exosomes and Different Effects on Cell Growth and Survival. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:1220-1228 pubmed publisher..Using scanning electron microscopy and dynamic light scattering, we compared the morphology and particle size distribution of exosomes from yogurt fermented with three ..
- Colombo L, Gamba A, Cantu L, Salmona M, Tagliavini F, Rondelli V, et al. Pathogenic A? A2V versus protective A? A2T mutation: Early stage aggregation and membrane interaction. Biophys Chem. 2017;229:11-18 pubmed publisher..We applied Static and Dynamic Light Scattering and Circular Dichroism, to study the different mutants in the early stages of the aggregation process, ..
- Mauer J, Peltomäki M, Poblete S, Gompper G, Fedosov D. Static and dynamic light scattering by red blood cells: A numerical study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176799 pubmed publisher..We also compute dynamic light scattering of a diffusing RBC, from which dynamic properties of RBCs such as diffusion coefficients can be accessed...
- Blotnick E, Sol A, Bachrach G, Muhlrad A. Interactions of histatin-3 and histatin-5 with actin. BMC Biochem. 2017;18:3 pubmed publisher..Extracellular actin might regulate histatin activity in the oral cavity, which should be the subject of further investigation. ..
- Sudha T, Bharali D, Yalcin M, Darwish N, Debreli Coskun M, Keating K, et al. Targeted delivery of paclitaxel and doxorubicin to cancer xenografts via the nanoparticle of nano-diamino-tetrac. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:1305-1315 pubmed publisher..NDAT delivery of chemotherapy increases drug delivery to cancers and increases drug efficacy. ..
- Pulido Reyes G, Martín E, Gu Coronado J, Leganés F, Rosal R, Fernández Piñas F. Physicochemical and biological interactions between cerium oxide nanoparticles and a 1,8-naphthalimide derivative. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;172:61-69 pubmed publisher..The results of this study contribute to expand the knowledge of the interaction between nanoparticles and organic molecules which may be useful for understanding the behavior of nanoparticles in complex matrices. ..
- Sun Z, Chen P, Liu Y, Shi L, Zhang B, Wu J, et al. Self-Assembled Nano-Immunostimulant for Synergistic Immune Activation. Chembiochem. 2017;18:1721-1729 pubmed publisher..Therefore, SANIs may be generally applied in cancer immunotherapy. This novel SANI strategy provides a new way for the development of both immunostimulants and -suppressants. ..
- Sahu P, Kashaw S, Kushwah V, Sau S, Jain S, Iyer A. pH responsive biodegradable nanogels for sustained release of bleomycin. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4595-4613 pubmed publisher..This nanogel system can thus be highly useful for delivery of anticancer drugs to the skin in a controlled and sustained manner. ..
- Poller J, Zaloga J, Schreiber E, Unterweger H, Janko C, Radon P, et al. Selection of potential iron oxide nanoparticles for breast cancer treatment based on in vitro cytotoxicity and cellular uptake. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3207-3220 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data show significant dose-dependent and particle type-related response differences between various breast cancer and endothelial cells, indicating the utility of these particle types for distinct medical applications. ..
- Hutchison J, Lu Z, Li G, Travis B, Mittal R, Deatherage C, et al. Dodecyl-?-melibioside Detergent Micelles as a Medium for Membrane Proteins. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5481-5484 pubmed publisher..DDMB appears be a useful addition to the toolbox of non-ionic detergents available for membrane protein research...
- Nguyen T, Nguyen T, Nguyen C, Nguyen D. Redox and pH Responsive Poly (Amidoamine) Dendrimer-Heparin Conjugates via Disulfide Linkages for Letrozole Delivery. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:8589212 pubmed publisher..The size and formation were characterized by the dynamic light scattering, zeta potential, and transmission electron microscopy...
- Altamura E, Fiorentino R, Milano F, Trotta M, Palazzo G, Stano P, et al. First moves towards photoautotrophic synthetic cells: In vitro study of photosynthetic reaction centre and cytochrome bc1 complex interactions. Biophys Chem. 2017;229:46-56 pubmed publisher..We show experimental results on the chemistry of the first two proteins showing that they can efficiently sustain light-driven chemical oscillations. Moreover, the cyclic pattern has been reproduced in silico by a minimal kinetic model. ..
- Fallacara A, Mancini A, Zamperini C, Dreassi E, Marianelli S, Chiariello M, et al. Pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidines-loaded human serum albumin (HSA) nanoparticles: Preparation, characterization and cytotoxicity evaluation against neuroblastoma cell line. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3196-3200 pubmed publisher..First, characterization by HPLC-MS and Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) showed a good entrapment efficacy, a controllable particle size (between 100 and 200nm) and an ..
- Ali M, Altaf M, Al Lohedan H. Green synthesis of biogenic silver nanoparticles using Solanum tuberosum extract and their interaction with human serum albumin: Evidence of "corona" formation through a multi-spectroscopic and molecular docking analysis. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:108-119 pubmed publisher..Molecular docking simulations revealed various possible binding modes between PE-AgNPs and albumin. ..
- Zhao D, Sun B, Sun S, Fu B, Liu C, Liu D, et al. Characterization of human enterovirus71 virus-like particles used for vaccine antigens. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181182 pubmed publisher..The EV71 VLPs produced from the baculovirus expression system and purified by a multistep chromatography process displayed key structural and immunological features, which would contribute to their efficacy as a HFMD vaccine. ..
- AlTawallbeh G, Haque M, Streletzky K, Stuehr D, Bayachou M. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase oxygenase on lipid nanodiscs: A nano-assembly reflecting native-like function of eNOS. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1438-1442 pubmed publisher..Two different size distribution modes were detected by multi-angle dynamic light scattering both for empty nanodiscs, and nanodiscs-bound eNOSoxy...
- Al Ghobashy M, Mostafa M, Abed H, Fathalla F, Salem M. Correlation between Dynamic Light Scattering and Size Exclusion High Performance Liquid Chromatography for Monitoring the Effect of pH on Stability of Biopharmaceuticals. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:1-9 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, dynamic light scattering (DLS) is a simple and non-destructive technique that can detect high molecular weight physical and ..