Genomes and Genes
Summary: The time it takes for a substance (drug, radioactive nuclide, or other) to lose half of its pharmacologic, physiologic, or radiologic activity.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Strategies to improve plasma half life time of peptide and protein drugsM Werle
ThioMatrix GmbH, Research Center Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Amino Acids 30:351-67. 2006Due to the obvious advantages of long-acting peptide and protein drugs, strategies to prolong plasma half life time of such compounds are highly on demand...
- Global analysis of mRNA decay and abundance in Escherichia coli at single-gene resolution using two-color fluorescent DNA microarraysJonathan A Bernstein
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9697-702. 2002..Our results identify previously unsuspected features of mRNA decay at a global level and also indicate that generalizations about decay derived from the study of individual gene transcripts may have limited applicability...
- Quantification of protein half-lives in the budding yeast proteomeArchana Belle
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 94143-2240, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:13004-9. 2006..Our experimental data and theoretical analysis underscore the importance of an integrative approach to the complex interplay between protein degradation, transcriptional regulation, and other determinants of protein metabolism...
- Generation of destabilized green fluorescent protein as a transcription reporterX Li
Laboratories, Inc, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34970-5. 1998..Because of its autofluorescence, destabilized EGFP can be used to directly correlate gene induction with biochemical change, such as NFkappaB translocation to the nucleus...
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA decay rates and their determinants in Arabidopsis thalianaReena Narsai
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley 6009, Australia
Plant Cell 19:3418-36. 2007....
- Global analysis of Escherichia coli RNA degradosome function using DNA microarraysJonathan A Bernstein
Department of Genetics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2758-63. 2004....
- Decay rates of human mRNAs: correlation with functional characteristics and sequence attributesEdward Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021-6399, USA
Genome Res 13:1863-72. 2003....
- Use of a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model to study the time to reach brain equilibrium: an experimental analysis of the role of blood-brain barrier permeability, plasma protein binding, and brain tissue bindingXingrong Liu
Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics, and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT 06340, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 313:1254-62. 2005..The strategy to select compounds with rapid brain equilibration in drug discovery should identify compounds with high BBB permeability and low nonspecific binding in brain tissue...
- Increased clearance of IgG in mice that lack beta 2-microglobulin: possible protective role of FcRnE J Israel
Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Immunology 89:573-8. 1996..These data suggest that FcRn can protect IgG from degradation, and is therefore important in maintaining IgG levels in the circulation...
- Abnormally short serum half-lives of IgG in beta 2-microglobulin-deficient miceV Ghetie
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 8576, USA
Eur J Immunol 26:690-6. 1996..These findings suggest that FcRn is involved in IgG homeostasis...
- Complete switch from Mdm2 to human papillomavirus E6-mediated degradation of p53 in cervical cancer cellsA Hengstermann
Institute of Biochemistry I, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Joseph-Stelzmann-Strasse 52, , Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1218-23. 2001....
- Effective half life of iodine for five thyroidectomy patients using an in vivo gamma camera approachChien Yi Chen
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiology Science Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Radiat Res (Tokyo) 48:485-93. 2007..However, this dominant compartment was shifted to both thyroid and body fluid, based on analyses of the data following thyroidectomy, for the patients herein...
- Biphasic clearance kinetics of hepatitis B virus from patients during adefovir dipivoxil therapyM Tsiang
Gilead Sciences, Foster City, CA, USA
Hepatology 29:1863-9. 1999..These quantitative analyses provide a more detailed picture of the dynamics of HBV infection and therapy, and can be used to compare the efficacy of various doses and inhibitors of HBV replication for the treatment of HBV infections...
- Regulation of stability and function of the epithelial Na+ channel (ENaC) by ubiquitinationO Staub
Hospital for Sick Children, Division of Respiratory Research, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
EMBO J 16:6325-36. 1997..Our results suggest that ENaC function is regulated by ubiquitination, and propose a paradigm for ubiquitination-mediated regulation of ion channels...
- Photodynamic therapy effect of m-THPC (Foscan) in vivo: correlation with pharmacokineticsH J Jones
DI Vernon School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Centre for Photobiology and Photodynamic Therapy, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Br J Cancer 89:398-404. 2003..These results indicate that the in vivo PDT effect of m-THPC occurs via several mechanisms...
- Alteration of pharmacokinetics of oxytetracycline following oral administration of Piper longum in hensM Singh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Himachal Pradesh, India
J Vet Sci 6:197-200. 2005..Prior treatment of P.longum significantly reduced elimination rate constant(beta)and increased elimination half life (t(1/2beta))...
- The spliceosome deposits multiple proteins 20-24 nucleotides upstream of mRNA exon-exon junctionsH Le Hir
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Brandeis University, 415 South Street, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
EMBO J 19:6860-9. 2000..Possible functions for this complex in nucleocytoplasmic transport of spliced mRNA, as well as the nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathway, are discussed...
- Pharmacokinetic modeling of saturable, renal resorption of perfluoroalkylacids in monkeys--probing the determinants of long plasma half-livesMelvin E Andersen
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2137, United States
Toxicology 227:156-64. 2006..PFOS has longer half-life and had respective values of 13.6 mg/(h kg), 0.023 mg/L, and 0.025. PFOS appeared to have a higher transport capacity and lower affinity than PFOA. Human kinetics indicates even higher resorption efficiency...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of norfloxacin-glycine acetate after intravenous and oral administration in pigsZhi Qiang Chang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
J Vet Sci 8:353-6. 2007..The mean systemic bioavailability (F) after p.o. administration was 31.10 +/- 15.16%. We suggest that the optimal dosage calculated from the pharmacokinetic parameters is 5.01 mg/kg per day i.v. or 16.12 mg/kg per day p.o...
- Quantitative liver function tests in donors and recipients of living donor liver transplantationChristoph Jochum
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Liver Transpl 12:544-9. 2006..The donors had better test results and recovered faster than the recipients. In conclusion, after LDLT the parameters for liver capacity and flow remain altered in donors and recipients despite rapid volume growth...
- Pharmacokinetics, urinary excretion and dosage regimen of levofloxacin following a single intramuscular administration in cross bred calvesVinod K Dumka
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Science, Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science University, Ludhiana 141004, India
J Vet Sci 7:333-7. 2006..The total body clearance (Cl(B)) was 204.9+/-22.6 ml/kg/h. On the basis of the pharmacokinetic parameters, a suitable intramuscular dosage regimen for levofloxacin in calves would be 1.5 mg/kg repeated at 12 h intervals...
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA decay in resting and activated primary human T lymphocytesArvind Raghavan
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:5529-38. 2002..Thus, rapid mRNA degradation appears to be an important mechanism for turning gene expression off in an activation-dependent manner...
- Pharmacokinetics and PK-PD modelling of danofloxacin in camel serum and tissue cage fluidsF Shojaee Aliabadi
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, North Mymms, Hatfield AL9 7TA, Hertfordshire, UK
Vet J 165:104-18. 2003....
- The evolution of drug-resistant malaria: the role of drug elimination half-lifeIan M Hastings
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool L3 5QA, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 357:505-19. 2002..The model is also applicable to the evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacteria: in particular, the need for these models to incorporate drug pharmacokinetics to avoid potentially large errors in their predictions...
- An adaptable internal dose model for risk assessment of dietary and soil dioxin exposures in young childrenBrent D Kerger
Health Science Resource Integration, Tallahassee, Florida 32309, USA
Toxicol Sci 100:224-37. 2007....
- Age- and concentration-dependent elimination half-life of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin in Seveso childrenBrent D Kerger
Health Science Resource Integration, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1596-602. 2006..Pharmacokinetic and statistical analyses are reported to elucidate key variables affecting 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) elimination in children and adolescents...
- Global analysis of mRNA decay in Halobacterium salinarum NRC-1 at single-gene resolution using DNA microarraysSonja Hundt
Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Molekularbiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat, Heinrich Buff Ring 26 32, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Bacteriol 189:6936-44. 2007..This complex orthologous to the RNA degrading exosome of eukarya is found in all other archaeal genomes sequenced thus far...
- Prediction of human pharmacokinetics using physiologically based modeling: a retrospective analysis of 26 clinically tested drugsStefan S De Buck
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Discovery ADME Tox Department, Beerse, Belgium
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1766-80. 2007..This evaluation demonstrates that PBPK models can lead to reasonable predictions of human pharmacokinetics...
- Whole-genome analysis of mRNA decay in Plasmodium falciparum reveals a global lengthening of mRNA half-life during the intra-erythrocytic development cycleJennifer L Shock
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California San Francisco, 1700 4th Street, San Francisco, California 94158 2330, USA
Genome Biol 8:R134. 2007..Previously, studies in several organisms found that the specific half-life of each mRNA is precisely related to its physiologic role, and plays an important role in determining levels of gene expression...
- Refinements on the age-dependent half-life model for estimating child body burdens of polychlorodibenzodioxins and dibenzofuransBrent D Kerger
Health Science Resource Integration, 2976 Wellington Circle West, Tallahassee, FL 32309, USA
Chemosphere 67:S272-8. 2007....
- Induction of intestinal P-glycoprotein by St John's wort reduces the oral bioavailability of talinololU I Schwarz
Medical Faculty, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:669-78. 2007..Interestingly, the magnitude of induction appeared to be affected by MDR1 genotype...
- Pharmacokinetics of perfluorooctanoate in cynomolgus monkeysJ L Butenhoff
3M, St Paul, Minnesota 55144, USA
Toxicol Sci 82:394-406. 2004..Based on the result of both the oral and iv studies, the elimination half-life is approximately 14-42 days, and urine is the primary route of excretion...
- Allometric scaling of pharmacokinetic parameters in drug discovery: can human CL, Vss and t1/2 be predicted from in-vivo rat data?Gary W Caldwell
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C Drug Discovery, Spring House, PA 19477, USA
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 29:133-43. 2004....
- Global analysis of mRNA stability in the archaeon SulfolobusAnders F Andersson
Department of Gene Technology, School of Biotechnology, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, AlbaNova University Center, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Genome Biol 7:R99. 2006..Here, we present a microarray-based analysis of mRNA half-lives in the hyperthermophilic crenarchaea Sulfolobus solfataricus and Sulfolobus acidocaldarius, constituting the first genome-wide study of RNA decay in archaea...
- Differences in pharmacokinetics between children and adults--II. Children's variability in drug elimination half-lives and in some parameters needed for physiologically-based pharmacokinetic modelingDale Hattis
Marsh Institute, 950 Main Street, Clark University, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Risk Anal 23:117-42. 2003..These apparently distinct subpopulations would be expected to exhibit different disposition of xenobiotics, particularly those that are highly lipophilic and poorly metabolized...
- von Willebrand factor and its propeptide: the influence of secretion and clearance on protein levels and the risk of venous thrombosisA Y Nossent
Hematology, Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Center, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 4:2556-62. 2006..However, mainly high VWF and FVIII levels caused by increased secretion seem to be associated with thrombosis. ABO blood group influences the clearance rates of VWF rather than VWF secretion rates...
- A thermostable triple mutant of pyranose 2-oxidase from Trametes multicolor with improved properties for biotechnological applicationsOliver Spadiut
Department of Food Sciences and Technology, BOKU, Vienna, Austria
Biotechnol J 4:525-34. 2009..The half life time at 60 degrees C was approximately 10 h, compared to 7.6 min for the wild-type enzyme...
- Posttranscriptional derepression of GADD45alpha by genotoxic stressAshish Lal
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Mol Cell 22:117-28. 2006..We propose that the posttranscriptional derepression of GADD45alpha critically contributes to its potent upregulation after DNA damage...
- Naive and memory CD4+ T cell survival controlled by clonal abundanceJason Hataye
Department of Microbiology, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Science 312:114-6. 2006..The inverse relation between clonal frequency and survival suggests that intraclonal competition could help maintain an optimally diverse repertoire of T cells and an optimal environment for the generation of long-lived memory cells...
- Sloppy-model universality class and the Vandermonde matrixJoshua J Waterfall
Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Phys Rev Lett 97:150601. 2006..In particular, we motivate focusing on a Vandermonde ensemble of multiparameter nonlinear models and show in one limit that they exhibit the universal features of sloppy models...
- Tristetraprolin regulates Cyclin D1 and c-Myc mRNA stability in response to rapamycin in an Akt-dependent manner via p38 MAPK signalingM Marderosian
Department of Research and Development, Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Sepulveda, CA 91343, USA
Oncogene 25:6277-90. 2006....
- Elimination half-lives of selected polychlorinated dibenzodioxins and dibenzofurans in breast-fed human infantsHon-Wing Leung
Health Science Resource Integration, Inc, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 69:437-43. 2006..Thus, the shorter half-life of dioxins during breastfeeding needs to be considered when evaluating the dioxin hazard to children...
- Concentration and age-dependent elimination kinetics of polychlorinated dibenzofurans in Yucheng and Yusho patientsH W Leung
Health Science Resource Integration, Tallahassee, Florida 32309, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 23:493-501. 2007..The current study provides limited additional evidence that PCDFs, like TCDD, are more rapidly eliminated in younger individuals...
- Use of albumin fusion technology to prolong the half-life of recombinant factor VIIaStefan Schulte
CSL Behring GmbH, Emil von Behring Strasse 76, Marburg, Germany
Thromb Res 122:S14-9. 2008..These data suggest that rVIIa-FP may be a promising therapy for the treatment of haemophilia patients with inhibitors and warrants further investigation in clinical trials...
- The operational multiple dosing half-life: a key to defining drug accumulation in patients and to designing extended release dosage formsSelma Sahin
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0912, USA
Pharm Res 25:2869-77. 2008..The t (1/2, op) is compared with previously proposed half-lives for predicting accumulation...
- Hormonal regulation of cytochrome P450 aromatase mRNA stability in non-luteinizing bovine granulosa cells in vitroMalha Sahmi
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, , , C.P. 5000, St-Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 7C6, Canada
J Endocrinol 190:107-15. 2006..05) that in FSH-stimulated cells. We conclude that bovine Cyp19 mRNA is very labile under physiological conditions, and that Cyp19 expression is under hormonal control at a post-transcriptional level...
- Effective transvascular delivery of nanoparticles across the blood-brain tumor barrier into malignant glioma cellsHemant Sarin
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Transl Med 6:80. 2008..Using functionalized polyamidoamine dendrimer generations 1 through 8, we investigated how nanoparticle size influences particle accumulation within malignant glioma cells...
- Pharmacogenetics of SLCO1B1 gene and the impact of *1b and *15 haplotypes on irinotecan disposition in Asian cancer patientsXiaoqiang Xiang
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Medical Sciences, National Cancer Centre, National University Hospital, Singapore
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:683-91. 2006..To investigate the pharmacogenetic effect of SLCO1B1 *1a, *1b, *5 and *15 polymorphisms on irinotecan disposition in Asian cancer patients...
- Factor VIII half-life and clinical phenotype of severe hemophilia AKarin van Dijk
Van Creveldkliniek, UMCU, Room C01 425 PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Haematologica 90:494-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to describe the association of factor VIII half-lives with treatment and clinical characteristics of patients with severe hemophilia A, who have been treated with individually tailored prophylaxis...
- Elimination half-lives of polychlorinated biphenyl congeners in childrenPhilippe Grandjean
Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Winsløwparken 17, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Environ Sci Technol 42:6991-6. 2008..The longest half-lives correspond to elimination of the parent PCB solely with a daily fat excretion rate of 1-2 g, whereas shorter half-lives assume metabolic break-down...
- Evaluation of the safety and pharmacokinetics of a fast-acting recombinant FVIIa analogue, NN1731, in healthy male subjectsJ Møss
Medical and Science, Novo Nordisk A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
J Thromb Haemost 7:299-305. 2009..NN1731 is a recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) analog with enhanced activity...
- Population pharmacokinetics of trastuzumab in patients with HER2+ metastatic breast cancerRene Bruno
Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Sciences, MS 70 Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 56:361-9. 2005..CONCLUSION: This population pharmacokinetic model can predict trastuzumab exposure in the long-term treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer and provide comparison of alternative dosage regimens via simulation...
- The half-life of infused factor VIII is shorter in hemophiliac patients with blood group O than in those with blood group AA J Vlot
The Van Creveldkliniek, and the Department of Haematology, Graduate School of Biomembranes, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 83:65-9. 2000..It is possible that these anti-A antibodies interact with endogenous vWF, thus affecting the half-life time of the factor VIII/vWF complex...
- Some pharmacokinetic data for danofloxacin in healthy goatsM Atef
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Vet Res Commun 25:367-77. 2001..The systemic bioavailability after IM injection was 65.70% +/- 10.28% and the serum protein-bound fraction was 13.55 +/- 1.78%...
- Pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), and PK-PD integration of danofloxacin in sheep biological fluidsF Shojaee Aliabadi
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:626-35. 2003..8, 20.2, and 28.7 h, and slightly higher values were obtained for transudate and exudate. It is proposed that use of these data might provide a novel approach to the rational design of dosage schedules...
- Use of a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model for rats to study the influence of body fat mass and induction of CYP1A2 on the pharmacokinetics of TCDDClaude Emond
National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1394-400. 2006..This demonstrates that an inducible elimination rate is needed in a PBPK model in order to describe the pharmacokinetics of TCDD. At low exposures these models are more sensitive to parameters related to partitioning into adipose tissue...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of norfloxacin-glycine acetate after intravenous and intramuscular administration to horsesS C Park
Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology Labs, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 702 701 Sangyeok dong, Buk Gu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Res Vet Sci 74:79-83. 2003..36 and 7.35 mgkg(-1) for i.m. and i.v. administration, respectively...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of SPI-77, a liposomal encapsulated dosage form of cisplatinJetske M Meerum Terwogt
The Netherlands Cancer Institute Slotervaart Hospital, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Louwesweg 6, 1066 EC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 49:201-10. 2002..To investigate the safety and pharmacokinetics of a new liposomal formulation of cisplatin, SPI-77, in patients with advanced malignancies...
- Radioimmunotherapy of metastatic colorectal tumours with iodine-131-labelled antibody to carcinoembryonic antigen: phase I/II study with comparative biodistribution of intact and F(ab')2 antibodiesD M Lane
Department of Clinical Oncology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
Br J Cancer 70:521-5. 1994..F(ab')2 fragments may provide a substantially enhanced method of delivering RIT...
- Blood-brain barrier equilibration of codeine in rats studied with microdialysisR Xie
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Sweden
Pharm Res 15:570-5. 1998..The purpose of the study was to investigate the distribution of codeine across the blood-brain barrier (BBB) in rats by microdialysis (MD)...
- Genome-wide survey of mRNA half-lives in Bacillus subtilis identifies extremely stable mRNAsG Hambraeus
Department of Cell and Organism Biology, Lund University, , 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Mol Genet Genomics 269:706-14. 2003..The identified set of extremely stable mRNAs may be useful in the construction of stable recombinant genes for the overproduction of biomolecules in Bacillus species...
- Blood-brain barrier transport of morphine in patients with severe brain traumaPer Ederoth
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:427-35. 2004..It was hypothesized in this clinical study that active efflux of morphine occurs also in human brain, and that brain injury would alter cerebral morphine pharmacokinetics...
- Altered oral bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of P-glycoprotein substrates by coadministration of biochanin ASean X Peng
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 1000 Route 202, Raritan, New Jersey 08869, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:1984-93. 2006..The enhanced oral absorption by BA coadministration may be exploited to improve oral bioavailability of Pgp and CYP3A substrate compounds...
- Gene set coregulated by the Saccharomyces cerevisiae nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathwayRachel Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, NE 68588-0666, USA
Eukaryot Cell 4:2066-77. 2005..This strategy is significant because it allows us to classify the genes regulated by NMD into functionally related sets, an important step toward understanding the role NMD plays in the normal functioning of yeast cells...
- Transforming growth factor beta facilitates beta-TrCP-mediated degradation of Cdc25A in a Smad3-dependent mannerDipankar Ray
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3338-47. 2005..These data suggest that Smad3 plays a key role in the regulation of Cdc25A ubiquitination by SCFbeta-TrCP and that Cdc25A stabilization observed in various cancers could be associated with defects in the TGF-beta-Smad3 pathway...
- Laronidase treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis IEd J Wraith
Willink Biochemical Genetics Unit, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Manchester, UK
BioDrugs 19:1-7. 2005....
- Valdecoxib: a review of its use in the management of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, dysmenorrhoea and acute painCaroline Fenton
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 64:1231-61. 2004..Valdecoxib provides a valuable alternative in the treatment of chronic arthritis pain and acute pain...
- Dose escalation and pharmacokinetic study of a humanized anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody in patients with HER2/neu-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerY Tokuda
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Br J Cancer 81:1419-25. 1999..Further evaluation of this agent with 2-4 mg kg(-1) weekly intravenous infusion is warranted...
- Coupling complement regulators to immunoglobulin domains generates effective anti-complement reagents with extended half-life in vivoC L Harris
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 129:198-207. 2002..The data demonstrate the potential of CRP-Ig as reagents for sustained therapy of inflammatory disorders, including arthritis, but emphasize the need for careful design of fusion proteins to retain function...
- Severe 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo- p-dioxin (TCDD) intoxication: kinetics and trials to enhance elimination in two patientsAlexandra Geusau
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of Vienna, Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Arch Toxicol 76:316-25. 2002..When employed twice a week, the amount of TCDD excreted by this method was comparable to fecal excretion. In view of costs and time involved, LDL-apheresis does not seem to be justified for enhancement of TCDD elimination...
- The use of microdialysis in CNS drug delivery studies. Pharmacokinetic perspectives and results with analgesics and antiepilepticsM Hammarlund-Udenaes
Division of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Department of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Box 580, SE 751 23, Uppsala, Sweden
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 45:283-94. 2000..The half-life in brain ECF vs. the half-life in blood gives information on rate-limiting steps in drug delivery and elimination from the CNS. Examples are given on microdialysis studies of analgesic and antiepileptic drugs...
- Blood-brain barrier transport and brain distribution of morphine-6-glucuronide in relation to the antinociceptive effect in rats--pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modellingM R Bouw
Division of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Therapy, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Box 591, S-751 24, Uppsala, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 134:1796-804. 2001..Half the effect delay of M6G can be explained by transport across the BBB, suggesting that the remaining effect delay of 53 min is a result of drug distribution within the brain tissue or rate-limiting mechanisms at the receptor level...
- Selenium: a key element that controls NF-kappa B activation and I kappa B alpha half lifeC Kretz-Remy
CNRS-UMR 5534, , Bat. Gregor Mendel, 16 rue Dubois, , France
Biofactors 14:117-25. 2001..These results suggest that selenium is a key element that through its modulation of glutathione peroxidase activity can inhibit NF-kappa B activation and can up-regulate I kappa B alpha normal half life.
- The development of the bradykinin agonist labradimil as a means to increase the permeability of the blood-brain barrier: from concept to clinical evaluationD F Emerich
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 40:105-23. 2001....
- The cap-to-tail guide to mRNA turnoverC J Wilusz
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2:237-46. 2001..But what are the sequence elements and factors that control the half-lives of mRNAs?..
- Comparative response of plasma VWF in dogs to up-regulation of VWF mRNA by interleukin-11 versus Weibel-Palade body release by desmopressin (DDAVP)Eva H N Olsen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, USA
Blood 102:436-41. 2003..Treatment with rhIL-11 with or without DDAVP may provide an alternative to plasma-derived products for some VWD and hemophilia A patients if it is shown safe in clinical trials...
- PKC-zeta-associated CK2 participates in the turnover of free IkappaBalphaG D Bren
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Mol Biol 297:1245-58. 2000..These studies demonstrate that the association between CK2 and PKC-zeta may play a major role in the control of the basal turnover of free IkappaBalpha, in the absence of extracellular stimuli...
- Lack of bioequivalence between two aciclovir tablets in healthy subjectsHossein Amini
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Center, Golestan University of Medical Sciences, Gorgan, Iran
Clin Drug Investig 28:47-53. 2008..This study aimed to compare the systemic bioavailability of two aciclovir tablets, Rouz-Aciclovir (test) and Zovirax (reference), in 12 healthy volunteers...
- A comparative study of the pharmacokinetics of ibuprofen arginate versus dexibuprofen in healthy volunteersBelen Sadaba
Clinical Research Unit, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Universidad de Navarra, 31008, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 62:849-54. 2006..The primary objective of this study was to compare the 12-h pharmacokinetic profile of S(+)-ibuprofen following administration of single doses of ibuprofen arginate (600 mg) and dexibuprofen (400 mg) in healthy volunteers...
- A pharmacokinetic comparison of generic tablets containing bisoprolol with the innovator formulation in healthy volunteersDusan Jovanovic
Institute of Toxicology, Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, National Poison Control Centre, Belgrade, Serbia
J Clin Pharmacol 46:1217-22. 2006
- Pharmacokinetics of enrofloxacin in Korean catfish (Silurus asotus)M-S Kim
Division of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 29:397-402. 2006..25 h, with the C(max) of 0.03 +/- 0.01 microg/mL at 6.67 +/- 2.31 h. Ciprofloxacin was eliminated with terminal half-life t(1/2,beta) of 52.08 +/- 17.34 h for intravenous administration and 52.43 +/- 22.37 h for oral administration...
- Evaluation of the interaction between ivermectin and albendazole following their combined use in lambsL Alvarez
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires UNCPBA, Campus Universitario, Tandil, Argentina
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 31:230-9. 2008..This type of pharmacology-based evaluation of drug interactions is becoming highly relevant as drug combinations are now widely used as an alternative to control resistant helminth parasites in livestock...
- Bioavailabilty and pharmacokinetics of four active alkaloids of traditional Chinese medicine Yanhuanglian in rats following intravenous and oral administrationHui-Liang Li
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:1342-6. 2006..In summary, the favorable oral bioavailability properties of those four active alkaloids in rats make Yanhuanglian extract worth further investigation for improving oral bioavailability...
- HPLC method for the pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of taspine solution and taspine liposome after intravenous administrations to miceWen Lu
School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 46:170-6. 2008..It can thus be concluded that incorporation into liposomes prolonged taspine retention within the systemic circulation, increased its distribution to the spleen and liver but reduced its distribution to the heart and brain...
- The effect of multiple-dose, oral rifaximin on the pharmacokinetics of intravenous and oral midazolam in healthy volunteersHelen S Pentikis
ICON Development Solutions, Ellicott City, Maryland, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1361-9. 2007..To evaluate the potential of rifaximin, an oral nonabsorbed (< 0.4%) structural analog of rifampin, to induce human hepatic and/or intestinal cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A enzymes, with use of a known CYP3A probe, midazolam...
- Absorption, protein binding, pharmacokinetics and excretion of the anti-ischemic and anti-hypertensive arylpiperazine derivative CDRI-93/478 in ratsJawahar Lal
Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Arzneimittelforschung 58:62-70. 2008..The excretion studies after the 8 mg/kg oral dose indicated that the compound was not excreted through the feces and the urinary excretion was very low (<2%)...
- Pharmacokinetics of difloxacin in pigs and broilers following intravenous, intramuscular, and oral single-dose applicationsH Z Ding
Laboratory of Veterinary Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, China
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 31:200-4. 2008..25 microg/mL and <0.1 microg/mL respectively...
- Oral bioavailability and enterohepatic recirculation of otilonium bromide in ratsBeom Soo Shin
College of Pharmacy, Catholic University of Daegu, Gyeongsan si, Gyeongbuk, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:117-24. 2008..A secondary peak was observed in the serum concentration-time profiles in non-BDC rats following both i.v. and oral administration, indicating that otilonium bromide was subject to enterohepatic recirculation...
- Effect of atorvastatin on the intravenous and oral pharmacokinetics of verapamil in ratsDong Hyun Choi
College of Medicine, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, Korea
Biopharm Drug Dispos 29:45-50. 2008....
- In vivo metabolism and final disposition of a novel nonsteroidal androgen in rats and dogsMinoli A Perera
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, 500 West 12th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1713-21. 2006..These studies demonstrate that S-4 maintains its promising pharmacokinetic properties in dogs (i.e., high oral bioavailability and linear kinetics) and is largely eliminated via hepatic metabolism by both phase I and phase II enzymes...
- Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of the novel rivastigmine transdermal patch versus rivastigmine oral solution in healthy elderly subjectsGilbert Lefèvre
Novartis Pharma AG, Exploratory Development, WSJ 210 4 25, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Pharmacol 48:246-52. 2008
- Stereoselective quantification of methadone and a d(6)-labeled isotopomer using high performance liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure chemical ionization mass-spectrometry: application to a pharmacokinetic study in a methadone maintained subjectDavid J R Foster
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 28:559-67. 2006....
- Oral bioavailability, tissue distribution and depletion of flumequine in the food producing animal, chicken for fatteningA Anadon
Department of Toxicology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Food Chem Toxicol 46:662-70. 2008..Flumequine administered at a dosage of 24 mg/kg bw every 24h for 5 days, with a withdrawal time of 2d ays, resulted in flumequine concentrations in target tissues that were less than the European Union maximal residue limits...
- Pharmacokinetic disposition of the oral iron chelator deferiprone in the domestic pigeon (Columba livia)Douglas P Whiteside
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
J Avian Med Surg 21:121-9. 2007..Minor interspecies variations in the pharmacokinetics of deferiprone exist between chickens and pigeons...
- The absolute oral bioavailability and population-based pharmacokinetic modelling of a novel dipeptidylpeptidase-IV inhibitor, vildagliptin, in healthy volunteersYan ling He
Exploratory Development, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 46:787-802. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the absolute oral bioavailability of vildagliptin by comparing the systemic exposure after oral and intravenous administration in healthy volunteers...
- Absorption characteristics of EC-MPS--an enteric-coated formulation of mycophenolic sodiumW Arns
Kliniken der Stadt Köln gGmbH, Clinic Merheim, Medical Clinic I, Cologne, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:375-85. 2006..Enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium is an advanced formulation delivering mycophenolic acid (MPA), designed to improve MPA-related upper gastrointestinal adverse events by delaying MPA release until the small intestine...
- Voriconazole, but not terbinafine, markedly reduces alfentanil clearance and prolongs its half-lifeTeijo I Saari
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Clin Pharmacol Ther 80:502-8. 2006..Concomitant administration of alfentanil and CYP3A inhibitors may lead to clinically important drug interactions. We investigated the possible interactions between alfentanil and orally administered voriconazole and terbinafine...
- Ciclesonide disposition and metabolism: pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and excretion in the mouse, rat, rabbit, and dogZuyu Guo
Global Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Sanofi Aventis, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Am J Ther 13:490-501. 2006..A comparison of in vitro and in vivo metabolite profiles between mice, rats, rabbits, and dogs with those from humans indicated that metabolic pathways for ciclesonide were qualitatively similar in humans and in the 4 animal species...
- Absolute and relative bioavailability of fentanyl buccal tablet and oral transmucosal fentanyl citrateMona Darwish
Cephalon Inc, 41 Moores Road, Frazer, PA 19355, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:343-50. 2007..The rate and extent of fentanyl absorption were greater following administration of FBT compared to OTFC. An approximately 30% smaller dose of FBT achieved systemic exposures comparable to OTFC...
- Single-dose intravenous and oral pharmacokinetics of enrofloxacin in goral (Nemorrhaedus goral arnouxianus)A Rae Gandolf
Department of Wildlife and Conservation Medicine, The Wilds, 14000 International Road, Cumberland, Ohio 43727, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 37:145-50. 2006..Based on these results, oral enrofloxacin may be considered for further study as a treatment option for susceptible infections in goral...
- Low oral bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of senkyunolide a, a major bioactive component in Rhizoma Chuanxiong, in the ratRu Yan
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ther Drug Monit 29:49-56. 2007..Pharmacokinetics of senkyunolide A were unaltered when Chuanxiong extract was administered, which suggests that components in the extract have insignificant effects on senkyunolide A pharmacokinetics...
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2009..Risk of drug precipitation due to poor solubility; and short vitreal half life upon intravitreal injection are the key deterrents in their delivery...
- Development of VN/14-1 and Related Analogs for Breast Cancer TherapyVINCENT COLLINS OFUKA NJAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..We strongly believe that the proposed studies will fulfill the requirements for advanced preclinical studies with 1-2 candidates in view of Phase 1 study in breast cancer patients. ..
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..Risk of drug precipitation due to poor solubility;and short vitreal half life upon intravitreal injection are the key deterrents in their delivery...
- The Role of Carboxypeptidase B and its Substrates in Rheumatoid ArthritisWilliam H Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed experiments will provide insights into pathogenesis, and could lead to development of new therapeutic approaches for RA. ..
- Resolution of Epithelial Cell HyperplasiaYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Reducing epithelial cell hyperplasia may also help reduce the risk of developing lung cancer. ..
- Resolution of Epithelial Cell HyperplasiaYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Reducing epithelial cell hyperplasia may also help reduce the risk of developing lung cancer. ..
- Serum IGFs--Effects of a Soy Intervention in HumansJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..It provides an ideal design to evaluate the effects of isoflavones on the IGF system and to explore relationships between IGFs and colonic epithelial cell proliferation in humans. ..
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 regulation of endothelial cell migrationShuang Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009..We also wish to employ the knowledge obtained from these studies to develop a therapeutic approach for inhibiting pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of ACE inhibitor-associated angioedemaNANCY JOAN BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Understanding how ACE inhibitors and DPPIV inhibitors interact will help physicians prescribe these medications safely and will influence the development of new medications to treat diabetes and high blood pressure. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of ACE inhibitor-associated angioedemaNANCY JOAN BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how ACE inhibitors and DPPIV inhibitors interact will help physicians prescribe these medications safely and will influence the development of new medications to treat diabetes and high blood pressure. ..
- Enzyme therapy for hyperhomocysteinemiaYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II results will lead to an IND for MEGC-PEG-rMETase for end stage renal disease patients and other patients with intractable hyperhomocysteinemia and high cardiovascular disease mortality. ..
- Gene Therapy for hemophilia using muscle-expressed FVIIaKatherine A High; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposed work will allow us to increase the therapeutic applicability of our approach and enhance its safety, prior to a clinical application. ..
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 regulation of endothelial cell migrationShuang Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also wish to employ the knowledge obtained from these studies to develop a therapeutic approach for inhibiting pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Human Zinc Transporter Zip 13 and Cellular Zinc HomeostasisJoel Walker; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will begin to identify the genetic mechanisms controlling human Zip13 in response to low cellular zinc providing clues to how human cells regulate zinc metabolism. ..
- Regulation of the Endocytic Trafficking of CFTRAgnieszka Swiatecka Urban; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goal of this application is to develop a drug that will restore salt movement into and out of cells and alleviate the symptoms in CF patients. ..
- Regulation of the Endocytic Trafficking of CFTRAgnieszka Swiatecka Urban; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goal of this application is to develop a drug that will restore salt movement into and out of cells and alleviate the symptoms in CF patients. ..
- Regulation of the Endocytic Trafficking of CFTRAgnieszka Swiatecka Urban; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this application is to develop a drug that will restore salt movement into and out of cells and alleviate the symptoms in CF patients. ..
- COCAINE, ALCOHOL, AND COCAETHYLENE--CLINICAL EFFECTSElinore McCance Katz; Fiscal Year: 2002..In total, these studies should provide significant contributions to the current state of knowledge regarding the epidemiology of cocaine-alcohol abuse and treatment of these disorders. ..
- Crystalline Antiproliferative Drugs for Intraocular DiseasesWilliam Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2009..the optimal structural and formulation variables to provide for a high therapeutic index and long intraocular half life. The best compounds and formulations will be tested in accepted animal models of the important retinal diseases ..
- Crystalline Antiproliferative Drugs for Intraocular DiseasesWilliam R Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2010..the optimal structural and formulation variables to provide for a high therapeutic index and long intraocular half life. The best compounds and formulations will be tested in accepted animal models of the important retinal diseases ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF MESSENGER RNA STABILITYDaniel R Schoenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research seeks to identify the components of the PMR1 decay complex, identify the scope of PMR1-mediated decay and relate both of these to the invasive growth of cancer cells. ..
- Clinical Trial of Ceftriaxone in ALSMerit Cudkowicz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Secondary outcome measures will include ALSFRS-R, vital capacity, strength, and the long-term safety and tolerability of ceftriaxone in this population. ..
- Potential Mechanisms of Glucagon-like peptide-1 in Fatty Liver DiseaseFrank Anania; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal meets the goals of the US Public Health Service in treating chronic liver diseases. ..
- Potential Mechanisms of Glucagon-like peptide-1 in Fatty Liver DiseaseFrank Anania; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal meets the goals of the US Public Health Service in treating chronic liver diseases. ..
- Potential Mechanisms of Glucagon-like peptide-1 in Fatty Liver DiseaseFrank A Anania; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal meets the goals of the US Public Health Service in treating chronic liver diseases. ..
- INTESTINAL TRANSCYTOSIS OF IGG IN ADULT LIFERichard Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..This raises the possibility that blockade of FcRn function may be of therapeutic utility in colitis if our studies support an involvement of FcRn in inflammation. ..
- INTESTINAL TRANSCYTOSIS OF IGG IN ADULT LIFERichard Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This raises the possibility that blockade of FcRn function may be of therapeutic utility in colitis if our studies support an involvement of FcRn in inflammation. ..
- LEUKOTRIENES AND SLOW REACTING SUBSTANCE OF ANAPHYLAXISRobert Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2005..The development of a quantitative assay for such a metabolite will have a major impact on the assessment of LTB4 production in human health as well as disease. ..
- Engineering enzymes for anti-tumor suicide gene therapyBarry Stoddard; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our hypothesis is that decitabine should ultimately couple with engineered enzyme variants to yield improvements in the performance of dCK, due to the lack of this activity in non-cancerous tissues. ..
- Engineering enzymes for anti-tumor suicide gene therapyBarry Stoddard; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our hypothesis is that decitabine should ultimately couple with engineered enzyme variants to yield improvements in the performance of dCK, due to the lack of this activity in non-cancerous tissues. ..
- Renal Senescence and TransplantationBryan Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..