Genomes and Genes
Summary: A space in which the pressure is far below atmospheric pressure so that the remaining gases do not affect processes being carried on in the space.
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- The use of vacuum-assisted closure therapy for the treatment of lower-extremity wounds with exposed boneA J DeFranzo
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1075, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:1184-91. 2001..The tubing was connected to the vacuum-assisted closure pump. Continuous subatmospheric suction pressure (125 mmHg) was applied to the wound site...
- Tongue movement and intra-oral vacuum in breastfeeding infantsDonna T Geddes
The University of Western Australia, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Life and Physical Sciences, Australia
Early Hum Dev 84:471-7. 2008..It is unclear whether the infant uses predominantly intra-oral vacuum or a peristaltic action of the tongue to remove milk from the breast...
- High-efficiency Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of citrus via sonication and vacuum infiltrationMaria Luiza Peixoto de Oliveira
Plant Biology Department, Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory BIOAGRO, Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Plant Cell Rep 28:387-95. 2009..Sonication-assisted Agrobacterium-mediated transformation (SAAT), vacuum infiltration, and a combination of the two procedures were compared with conventional Agrobacterium-mediated ..
- Experience with vacuum-pack temporary abdominal wound closure in 258 trauma and general and vascular surgical patientsDonald E Barker
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN 37403, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:784-92; discussion 792-3. 2007Temporary closure of an open abdominal wound by vacuum-pack is the method of choice for patients requiring open abdomen management in our institution...
- Hemodynamic effects of vacuum-assisted closure therapy in cardiac surgery: assessment using magnetic resonance imagingRainer Petzina
Department of Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1154-62. 2007The hemodynamic effects of vacuum-assisted closure therapy in cardiac surgery are debated...
- Cardiac rupture during vacuum-assisted closure therapyUlrik Sartipy
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Anesthesiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1110-1. 2006b>Vacuum-assisted closure therapy is a recently introduced technique for treatment of deep sternal wound infections after cardiac surgery...
- Temporary closure of open abdominal wounds by the modified sandwich-vacuum pack techniqueP H Navsaria
Trauma Unit, Department of Surgery, Groote Schuur Hospital and the University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Br J Surg 90:718-22. 2003A 5-year experience with the modified sandwich-vacuum pack technique, using an opened 3-litre urological irrigation bag and continuous high-pressure suction, for temporary abdominal wall closure is presented.
- Clinical experience with MRI-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsyConstance D Lehman
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 NE Pacific, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1782-7. 2005The objective of our study was to evaluate a new commercially available method of MRI-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy using an open coil and a closed 1.5-T scanner.
- MRI-guided 9-gauge vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: initial clinical experienceLaura Liberman
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:183-93. 2005The objective of this study was to evaluate our initial clinical experience with MRI-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy as an alternative to surgical excision.
- Lactic acid bacteria associated with vacuum-packed cooked meat product spoilage: population analysis by rDNA-based methodsE Chenoll
Departamento de Microbiologia, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 102:498-508. 2007To determine the lactic acid bacteria (LAB) implicated in bloating spoilage of vacuum-packed and refrigerated meat products.
- Inhibition of Listeria innocua growth by antimicrobial-producing lactic acid cultures in vacuum-packed cold-smoked salmonMarisa Vescovo
Istituto di Microbiologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Via Emilia Parmense, 84, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
Food Microbiol 23:689-93. 2006..singly or in association to cold-smoked salmon, artificially contaminated with Listeria innocua and stored under vacuum for 30 days at 4 degrees C...
- Freehand MRI-guided preoperative needle localization of breast lesions after MRI-guided vacuum-assisted core needle biopsy without marker placementStephanie M W Y van de Ven
Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:101-9. 2010To evaluate the feasibility of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-guided preoperative needle localization (PNL) of breast lesions previously sampled by MRI-guided vacuum-assisted core needle biopsy (VACNB) without marker placement.
- Vacuum assisted closure: a review of development and current applicationsK V Lambert
Vascular Surgery Research Group, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Building, Infirmary Square, Leicester, Leicestershire LE2 7ES, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:219-26. 2005b>Vacuum assisted closure is being increasingly used for wound management. This review examines the history of its development and appraises the current evidence on its use so far.
- The use of vacuum-assisted closure of abdominal wounds: a word of cautionM Rao
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:266-8. 2007b>Vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) has been used in our centre to aid the closure of abdominal wounds. The aim of this study was to examine the clinical outcome of patients in whom VAC therapy had been used in conjunction with laparostomy.
- Magnetic resonance-guided, vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: results from a European multicenter study of 538 lesionsClaudia Perlet
Department of Breast Imaging and Intervention Radiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Germany
Cancer 106:982-90. 2006The objective of this study was to determine the accuracy, reproducibility, and clinical value of magnetic resonance (MR)-guided, vacuum-assisted breast biopsy (MR-VAB) in a prospective, multicenter study.
- Long-term results after excision of breast mass using a vacuum-assisted biopsy deviceCha Kyong Yom
Department of Surgery, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Pyung Dong Jongro Ku, Seoul, Korea
ANZ J Surg 79:794-8. 2009The excision of breast lesions using an ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted biopsy device (VABD) is a widely used technique for the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease, but the results of long-term follow-up after VABD excision of ..
- Image-guided breast biopsy: state-of-the-artE A M O'Flynn
South East London Breast Screening Programme and National Breast Screening Training Centre, Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London SE5 9RS, UK
Clin Radiol 65:259-70. 2010..The accuracy of both has been improved by ultrasound and stereotactic guidance. Larger bore vacuum-assisted biopsy devices became available in the late 1990s and are now commonplace in most breast units...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of two vacuum-assisted breast biopsy systems: Mammotome and VacoraC A Pistolese
Imaging Diagnostics, Molecular Imaging, Interventional Radiology, and Radiation Therapy Department, University Tor Vergata PTV, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 114:743-56. 2009This study was undertaken to compare the cost effectiveness of two vacuum-assisted breast biopsy devices, the Mammotome and Vacora systems.
- A multi-state Salmonella Typhimurium outbreak associated with frozen vacuum-packed rodents used to feed snakesC C Fuller
Minnesota Department of Health, Acute Disease Investigation and Control Section, St Paul, MN 55164, USA
Zoonoses Public Health 55:481-7. 2008..from the school's science classroom for Salmonella culturing; these included environmental samples and frozen vacuum-packed mice purchased over the internet to feed the classroom snakes...
- Endoscopic vacuum-assisted closure of upper intestinal anastomotic leaksJochen Wedemeyer
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 67:708-11. 2008..Established treatment options include percutaneous drainage, endoscopic closure, or even surgical revision. All these procedures are associated with high morbidity and mortality rates...
- Systematic review: comparative effectiveness of core-needle and open surgical biopsy to diagnose breast lesionsWendy Bruening
ECRI Institute, 5200 Butler Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462 1298, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:238-46. 2010..Most women undergoing breast biopsy are found not to have cancer...
- New method for sternal closure after vacuum-assisted therapy in deep sternal infections after cardiac surgeryNils Reiss
Clinic for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center North Rhine Westphalia, Ruhr University of Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 83:2246-7. 2007..A local vacuum therapy (ie, the vacuum-assisted closure system) permits the treatment of deep sternal infections due to ..
- Breast lesions with imaging-histologic discordance during US-guided 14G automated core biopsy: can the directional vacuum-assisted removal replace the surgical excision? Initial findingsMin Jung Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun ku Shinchon dong 134, Seoul, 120 752, South Korea
Eur Radiol 17:2376-83. 2007The purpose of this study was to determine the frequency of carcinoma at percutaneous directional vacuum-assisted removal (DVAR) in women with imaging-histologic discordance during ultrasound (US)-guided automated core needle biopsy, and ..
- One hundred percent fascial approximation with sequential abdominal closure of the open abdomenC Clay Cothren
Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, MC 0206, CO 80204, USA
Am J Surg 192:238-42. 2006..We performed a modification of the vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) technique that provided constant fascial tension, hypothesizing this would result in a ..
- Prospective evaluation of vacuum-assisted closure in abdominal compartment syndrome and severe abdominal sepsisDaniel Perez
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Coll Surg 205:586-92. 2007..Recently, the abdominal vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) system has been introduced, providing a new possibility to treat an open abdomen...
- Tissue transfer to pathology labs: under vacuum is the safe alternative to formalinGianni Bussolati
Virchows Arch 452:229-31. 2008
- Aspects of native proteins are retained in vacuumBrandon T Ruotolo
Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, UK
Curr Opin Chem Biol 10:402-8. 2006....
- Comparing conventional gauze therapy to vacuum-assisted closure wound therapy: a prospective randomised trialC M Mouës
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 60:672-81. 2007b>Vacuum-assisted closure wound therapy (vacuum therapy) has been used in our department since 1997 as a tool to bridge the period between debridement and definite surgical closure in full-thickness wounds...
- Use of the vacuum-assisted closure device in enhancing closure of a massive skull defectUmesh S Marathe
Department of Otolaryngology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Laryngoscope 114:961-4. 2004..The objective was to describe a novel technique for reconstructing the cranial vertex without the use of free tissue transfer...
- Characterisation of the spoilage microbiota in raw salmon (Salmo salar) steaks stored under vacuum or modified atmosphere packaging combining conventional methods and PCR-TTGESabrina Macé
LUNAM Université, ONIRIS, Univ Nantes, UMR1014 Secalim, Nantes, F 44307, France
Food Microbiol 30:164-72. 2012..stored for 3 days at chilled temperature in modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) (50% CO₂/50% N₂) or under vacuum. Sensory evaluation, microbiological enumeration and chemical analysis were performed after 3, 7 and 10 days of ..
- Intracorporal bone grafting for vertebral compression fractures with intraosseous vacuum phenomenonLih Huei Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 5 Fu Hsin Street, 333, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int Orthop 28:52-5. 2004..1998 to January 2000 we treated 14 patients with vertebral osteoporotic compression fractures and intraosseous vacuum phenomenon with intracorporal bone grafting using a mixture of autogenous bone graft and calcium sulfate and ..
- Effect of aspiration vacuum on the developmental competence of immature human oocytes retrieved using a 20-gauge needleShu Hashimoto
IVF Namba Clinic, 1 17 28 Minamihorie, Nishi ku, Osaka, 550 0015 Japan
Reprod Biomed Online 14:444-9. 2007..Immature oocytes were aspirated with 20-gauge needles with a vacuum of 180 or 300 mmHg. Immature oocytes were cultured in IVM medium for 26 h...
- Management of complicated head and neck wounds with vacuum-assisted closure systemBrian T Andrews
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 21200 Pomerantz Pavillion, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Head Neck 28:974-81. 2006The vacuum-assisted closure system (V.A.C.), or negative pressure dressings, has been successfully used to manage complex wounds of the torso and extremities, but its role in the head and neck region has not been frequently described.
- Influence of air intake on the concentration of free fatty acids and vacuum fluctuations during automatic milkingM D Rasmussen
Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 89:4596-605. 2006..whether the amount of air intake during quarter milking influences the concentration of free fatty acids (FFA) and vacuum fluctuations at the teat end when milking automatically...
- Cupping - is it reproducible? Experiments about factors determining the vacuumR Huber
Center for Complementqry Medicine, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University Hospital Freiburg, Breisacher Str 115B, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Complement Ther Med 19:78-83. 2011Cupping is a traditional method for treating pain which is investigated nowadays in clinical studies. Because the methods for producing the vacuum vary considerably we tested their reproducibility.
- Evaluation of a standardized micro-vacuum sampling method for collection of surface dustKevin Ashley
U S Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226 1998, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 4:215-23. 2007A standardized procedure for collecting dust samples from surfaces using a micro-vacuum sampling technique was evaluated...
- MR-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy using a non-titanium needleMitsuhiro Tozaki
Breast Center, Kameda Medical Center, Kamogawa, Chiba, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 6:259-64. 2007..We performed MR-guided vacuum-assisted biopsy (VAB) using a commercially available biopsy device without a nonmagnetic needle in 5 patients with ..
- Evaluation of implants coated with recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 and vacuum-dried using the critical-size supraalveolar peri-implant defect model in dogsJohn F Decker
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Periodontol 81:1839-49. 2010..Thus, the objective of this study is to evaluate the effect of implants fully or partially coated with rhBMP-2 and vacuum-dried using an industrial process on local bone formation and resident bone remodeling.
- Sequential therapy of vacuum sealing drainage and free-flap transplantation for children with extensive soft-tissue defects below the knee in the extremitiesRun Guang Li
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510515, PR China
Injury 43:822-8. 2012The aim of the study is to evaluate the surgical technique and clinical significance of the sequential therapy of vacuum sealing drainage (VSD) and free-flap transplantation for children with extensive soft-tissue defects below the knee ..
- Evaluation of vacuum-assisted closure in the treatment of poststernotomy mediastinitisPatrick W Domkowski
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:386-90. 2003..b>Vacuum-assisted closure uses controlled suction to provide evacuation of wound fluid, decrease bacterial colonization, ..
- Vacuum-assisted thermal bonding of plastic capillary electrophoresis microchip imprinted with stainless steel templateZhifeng Chen
Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 3 Datun Road, Beijing 100101, China
J Chromatogr A 1038:239-45. 2004..Sequent microchannel enclosure with high yield up to 90% was accomplished by a vacuum-assisted thermal bonding method...
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia diagnosed at 11-gauge vacuum-assisted breast biopsy performed on suspicious clustered microcalcifications: could patients without residual microcalcifications be managed conservatively?Alessandro Villa
Department of Radiology, DICMI University of Genova, Largo Rosanna Benzi 5, Genova 16132, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 197:1012-8. 2011..it might be safe for women with a diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia (ADH) at stereotactically guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy without any residual microcalcification after the procedure to undergo mammographic follow-..
- Vacuum-assisted biopsy diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia and patient managementA Ancona
Unità Operativa di Senologia, Ospedale San Paolo, Contrada Capo Scardicchio, Bari, Italy
Radiol Med 116:276-91. 2011This study sought to evaluate the accuracy of vacuum-assisted biopsy (VAB) in the diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia (ADH) by determining the rate of VAB underestimation compared with definitive histology...
- Abnormal mammography and sonography associated with foreign-body giant-cell reaction after stereotactic vacuum-assisted breast biopsy with carbon markingM L Ruiz-Delgado
Department of Radiology, Hospital Galdakao Usansolo, Galdakao, Spain
Acta Radiol 49:1112-8. 2008..No significant complications of carbon marking have been reported to date...
- Desorption dynamics, internal energies, and imaging of organic molecules from surfaces with laser desorption and vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) photoionizationOleg Kostko
Chemical Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Chem Asian J 6:3066-76. 2011..Here it is shown that in laser desorption with postionization by tunable vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) radiation, the internal energy gained during laser desorption leads to minimal fragmentation of ..
- Poststernotomy mediastinitis: a review of conventional surgical treatments, vacuum-assisted closure therapy and presentation of the Lund University Hospital mediastinitis algorithmJohan Sjögren
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 30:898-905. 2006..b>Vacuum-assisted closure is a novel treatment with an ingenious mechanism...
- Effect of intramuscular fat content and serving temperature on temporal sensory perception of sliced and vacuum packaged dry-cured hamVerónica Fuentes
Department of Animal Production and Food Science, University of Extremadura, 10071 Caceres, Spain
Meat Sci 93:621-9. 2013..different ham sections varying in the intramuscular fat (IMF) content on the sensory characteristics of sliced and vacuum-packaged Iberian dry-cured hams using the time-intensity (TI) method...
- Evaluation of antilisterial action of cilantro oil on vacuum packed hamA O Gill
Department of Food Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Food Microbiol 73:83-92. 2002..were conducted to evaluate the ability of cilantro oil to control the growth of Listeria monocytogenes on vacuum-packed ham. The in vitro minimal inhibitory concentration for five strains of L...
- Vacuum-assisted closure - a management option for the burns patient with exposed boneN Nugent
Burns Unit, St James s Hospital, James s Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Burns 31:390-3. 2005
- Photoionization of epichlorohydrin enantiomers and clusters studied with circularly polarized vacuum ultraviolet radiationSteven Daly
School of Chemistry, University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Chem Phys 134:064306. 2011..of enantiomerically pure epichlorohydrin (C(3)H(5)OCl) has been studied using linearly and circularly polarized vacuum ultraviolet synchrotron radiation...
- Preservation of penile length after radical prostatectomy: early intervention with a vacuum erection deviceB L Dalkin
Department of Surgery Urology, Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, AZ 85712, USA
Int J Impot Res 19:501-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test whether early intervention after surgery with a vacuum erection device could prevent the changes in penile health, as defined by SPL, found in prior studies...
- Inhibition of Listeria monocytogenes by in situ produced and semipurified bacteriocins of Carnobacterium spp. on vacuum-packed, refrigerated cold-smoked salmonF Duffes
ENITIAA, Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Nantes, France
J Food Prot 62:1394-403. 1999Listeria monocytogenes inhibition by Carnobacterium strains and crude bacteriocins on sterile and commercial vacuum-packed cold-smoked salmon stored at 4 degrees C and 8 degrees C was investigated...
- Evaluation of natural antimicrobials on typical meat spoilage bacteria in vitro and in vacuum-packed pork meatBjørn Christian Schirmer
Nofima Mat AS, Osloveien 1, N 1430 As, Norway
J Food Sci 75:M98-M102. 2010..Single and combined antimicrobials were added to vacuum-packed pork meat to evaluate preserving effects...
- MR-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy with a handheld biopsy system: clinical experience and results in postinterventional MR mammography after 24 hE A Hauth
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional, Radiology and Neuroradiology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:168-76. 2008This prospective study evaluates the feasibility of the magnetic resonance (MR)-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy with a handheld vacuum-biopsy system and documents the biopsy results with MR mammography 24 h after the procedure...
- Vacuum-assisted closure: state of basic research and physiologic foundationMichael J Morykwas
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1075, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:121S-126S. 2006..the use of subatmospheric pressure to treat wounds is presented, including the original studies upon which the vacuum-assisted closure device was based (on blood flow, granulation tissue formation, bacterial clearance, and survival ..
- [Vacuum assisted wound closure --overview of lesson and applications]T Toporcer
II Chirurgická klinika LF UPJS, Kosice
Cas Lek Cesk 145:702-7; discussion 707. 2006The aim of this review was to provide a comprehensive actual overview of the Vacuum Assisted Closure therapy (VAC). VAC is new method for wound treatment. VAC is assigned especially for per secundam healed wounds...
- [Effect of femoral cementing technique on results. Comparison between retrograde technique and vacuum application]S Ungethuem
Stiftung Orthopädische Universitätsklinik, Heidelberg
Orthopade 34:690-7. 2005..and jet lavage, cement was applied simultaneously using the conventional retrograde method for one side and vacuum application for the contralateral limb. Bilateral simultaneous pressurisation was then applied...
- Vacuum-assisted closure in the treatment of a 9-year-old child with severe and multiple dog bite injuries of the thoraxK M Brown
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Guy s Hospital, London, England
Ann Thorac Surg 72:1409-10. 2001The vacuum-assisted closure (VAC; KCI International, San Antonio, TX) device is a negative pressure dressing, which we have used in the treatment of wounds with devitalized or infected tissues...
- Free-energy calculations of protein-ligand cation-pi and amino-pi interactions: from vacuum to proteinlike environmentsChristophe Biot
Ingénierie Biomoléculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CP 165 64, 50 Avenue Roosevelt, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
J Am Chem Soc 125:13988-94. 2003..The conjunction of vacuum interaction energies, vibrational entropy, and solvation contributions led to identify Arg-Ade as the most ..
- Comparative study of two commercially pure titanium casting methodsRenata Cristina Silveira Rodrigues
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 18:487-92. 2010..The interest in using titanium to fabricate removable partial denture (RPD) frameworks has increased, but there are few studies evaluating the effects of casting methods on clasp behavior...
- Damage of cell envelope of Lactobacillus helveticus during vacuum dryingC Santivarangkna
Central Institute for Food and Nutrition Research ZIEL, Section Food Process Engineering, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 102:748-56. 2007The aim of this study was to gain insight into the inactivation mechanisms of Lactobacillus helveticus during vacuum drying.
- The intravertebral cleft in acute osteoporotic fractures: fluid in magnetic resonance imaging-vacuum in computed tomography?Jennifer Linn
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Munich, Munich, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:E88-93. 2009..The study consisted of a retrospective and a prospective study part...
- Effect of vacuum profile on breast milk expression using an electric breast pumpLeon R Mitoulas
Faculty of Life and Physical Sciences, University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
J Hum Lact 18:353-60. 2002The authors compared milk expression using 5 experimental vacuum patterns and a commercially available vacuum pattern ranging in cycle times (20 to 78 cycles/min) and vacuum curve dynamics in 30 mothers using an experimental, software-..
- Pediatric vacuum packing wound closure for damage-control laparotomyMichele A Markley
Section of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:512-4. 2002..The authors have used vacuum packing (Vac-Pac) in pediatric patients with excellent results and have developed a method for closing widely ..
- Vacuum-assisted closure for fasciotomy wounds following compartment syndrome of the legCharlie C Yang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Surg Orthop Adv 15:19-23. 2006This study evaluated the efficacy of vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) for treatment of fasciotomy wounds for traumatic compartment syndrome...
- The use of vacuum-formed splints for temporary intermaxillary fixation in the management of unilateral condylar fracturesT Lloyd
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Queen Mary's University Hospital, London, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:301-3. 2001..a simple, effective method of managing displaced unilateral condylar fractures with occlusal disruption using vacuum-formed thermoplastic foil splints with bonded wire cleats...
- Percutaneous excisional biopsy of clinically benign breast lesions with vacuum-assisted system: comparison of three devicesZhi Li Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Clinical Division of Iatrotechnique, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing 100853, China
Eur J Radiol 81:725-30. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare three devices in percutaneous excisional biopsy of clinically benign breast lesions in terms of complete excision rate, duration of procedure and complications...
- Coexistence of intravertebral vacuum and intradiscal vacuumThomas Armingeat
Service de Rhumatologie Sud, Hopital de la Conception, 147, boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille, France
Joint Bone Spine 73:428-32. 2006The pathophysiology of intravertebral vacuum (IVV) remains unclear, although vertebral osteonecrosis is often incriminated. Gas may migrate from the disk to the vertebral body...
- The surface topography of the choroid plexus. Environmental, low and high vacuum scanning electron microscopyPedro Mestres
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Saarland University, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
Ann Anat 193:197-204. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the performance and benefits of wet-mode and low vacuum ESEM in comparison to high vacuum scanning electron microscopy (SEM) using the choroid plexus of chicken embryos ..
- The effect of different investment techniques on the surface roughness and irregularities of gold palladium alloy castingsAbhayjit Bedi
Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:282-6. 2008..Surface roughness and irregularities can affect the fit of a restoration. It is unknown whether different investment techniques have an effect on surface roughness and irregularities of gold palladium alloy castings...
- Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided breast biopsyT H Helbich
Department of Radiology, University of Vienna AKH, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Radiol 14:383-93. 2004..Tissue acquisition is performed with automated core needles or directional vacuum-assisted biopsy probes...
- Pain experienced by patients during minimal-invasive ultrasound-guided breast biopsy: vacuum-assisted vs core-needle procedureB Szynglarewicz
2nd Department of Surgical Oncology, Lower Silesian Oncology Centre, Regional Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Wroclaw, Poland
Eur J Surg Oncol 37:398-403. 2011To evaluate comparatively the pain associated with ultrasound-guided core-needle (CN) and vacuum-assisted (VA) biopsy for non-palpable breast lesions.
- Endoscopic vacuum sponge therapy for esophageal defectsGunnar Loske
Department for General, Abdominal, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Katholisches Marienkrankenhaus Hamburg gGmbH, Alfredstrasse 9, 22087, Hamburg, Germany
Surg Endosc 24:2531-5. 2010..For anastomotic insufficiency in the rectum, endoscopic vacuum therapy has already been used successfully...
- Diagnostic value of vacuum-assisted breast biopsy for breast carcinoma: a meta-analysis and systematic reviewYing Hua Yu
Department of Surgery, the Third Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, No 13, Dan Cun Lu, Nanning, Guangxi, 530031, People s Republic of China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:469-79. 2010..We conducted a systematic review to establish the overall value of Vacuum-assisted breast biopsy (VAB) for the diagnosis of breast cancer...
- Physicochemical characterization of nopal pads (Opuntia ficus indica) and dry vacuum nopal powders as a function of the maturationM E Rodríguez-Garcia
Centro de Física Aplicada y Tecnología Avanzada, Departamento de Nanotecnología, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Campus Juriquilla, AP 1 1010, CP 76000, Queretaro, Mexico
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 62:107-12. 2007..Nopal powder was obtained by dry vacuum technique using 10(2) Torr and low temperature (40 degrees C)...
- Ultrasound-guided, vacuum-assisted excision in the diagnosis and treatment of clinically benign breast lesionsJ Mathew
Department of Surgery, Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:494-6. 2007Ultrasound-guided, vacuum-assisted biopsy has a definitive role in the diagnosis of breast lesions. Its role in the treatment of benign breast lesions like fibroadenomas has not been established.
- Evaluation and indications of ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted core needle breast biopsySatoko Nakano
Department of Surgery, Kawaguchi Municipal Medical Center, Kawaguchi City, Saitama, Japan
Breast Cancer 14:292-6. 2007..The Mammotome biopsy has been available in our hospital since July 1999. We assessed the effectiveness and indications of ultrasound-guided Mammotome biopsy...
- [Benign papilloma: is US-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy an alternative to surgical biopsy?]T Bonaventure
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hôpital Porte Madeleine, CHR d Orleans, BP 2439, 45032 Orleans Cedex 1
J Radiol 88:1165-8. 2007The purpose of this study is to assess the value of US guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy compared to surgery for management of intraductal papilloma...
- Vacuum-assisted breast biopsy on digital stereotaxic table of nonpalpable lesions non-recognisable by ultrasonographyL Apesteguia
Department of Radiology, Hospital Virgen del Camino, C Irunlarrea, 4, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Eur Radiol 12:638-45. 2002The aim of this study was to evaluate accuracy of 11 G vacuum-assisted percutaneous biopsy (VAPB) carried out on digital stereotaxic table, on breast non-palpable lesions (NPLs), non-visible by US...
- Mechanisms governing the effects of vacuum-assisted closure in cardiac surgeryMalin Malmsjo
Department of Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:1266-75. 2007b>Vacuum-assisted closure has been adopted as the first-line treatment for poststernotomy mediastinitis as a result of the excellent clinical outcome achieved with its use...
- Vacuum-assisted closure therapy guided by C-reactive protein level in patients with deep sternal wound infectionRonny Gustafsson
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:895-900. 2002..We describe the outcome of a new treatment strategy with C-reactive protein level-guided vacuum-assisted closure used at our department.
- Surgical wound case studies with the versatile 1 wound vacuum system for negative pressure wound therapyPenny E Campbell
Avalon Healthcare, Nashville, TN 37211, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 33:176-85; discussion 185-90. 2006..a wound dressing, a drainage tube inserted into the dressing, an occlusive transparent film, and a connection to a vacuum source that supplies the negative pressure...
- Management of empyema cavity with the vacuum-assisted closure deviceKimberly A Varker
Surgical Oncology, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:723-5. 2006..We report a case of empyema without bronchopleural fistula after lobectomy in which the vacuum-assisted closure device was used to achieve complete wound healing after open drainage.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy using a 10-gauge self-contained vacuum-assisted deviceTibor Vag
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Friedrich Schiller University Hospital Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747, Jena, Germany
Eur Radiol 17:3100-2. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic value of a self-contained battery-driven vacuum-assisted breast biopsy (VABB) system for the sampling of breast masses under ultrasound guidance...
- Acute compartment syndrome of the thigh in a football athlete: a case report and the role of the vacuum-assisted wound closure dressingArthur T Lee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305 5341, USA
J Orthop Trauma 19:748-50. 2005..syndrome of the thigh due to blunt injury in a Division I American football player managed with fasciotomy and vacuum-assisted wound closure...
- The diagnosis of non-malignant papillary lesions of the breast: comparison of ultrasound-guided automated gun biopsy and vacuum-assisted removalM J Kim
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University Heath System, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Radiol 66:530-5. 2011To compare the histological upgrade rate of ultrasound (US)-guided vacuum-assisted removal (VAR) and US-14 G-automated core needle biopsy (ACNB) in the diagnosis of papillary breast lesions.
- Sonographically guided percutaneous excision of clinically benign breast massesZhi Li Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing, 100853, China
J Clin Ultrasound 39:1-5. 2011To report our experience with a vacuum-assisted biopsy device system in percutaneous excision of clinically benign breast masses under sonographic guidance.
- Drainage of esophageal leakage using endoscopic vacuum therapy: a prospective pilot studyM Ahrens
Department of General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Endoscopy 42:693-8. 2010Major leakage from an esophageal anastomosis is a life-threatening surgical complication. Endoscopically guided endoluminal vacuum therapy using polyurethane sponges is a new method for treating such leakage.
- Endplate degeneration may be the origination of the vacuum phenomenon in intervertebral discsFang Cai Li
Department of Orthopaedics, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou 310009, China
Med Hypotheses 75:169-71. 2010The intravertebral vacuum phenomenon (VP) is usually associated with degenerative disc disease, which could be related to the low back pain...
- MRI-guided breast biopsy: influence of choice of vacuum biopsy system on the mode of biopsy of MRI-only suspicious breast lesionsSimone Schrading
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:1650-7. 2010The purpose of this study was to evaluate two systems of MRI-guided vacuum-assisted biopsy and to investigate the influence of the choice of system on the choice of biopsy mode in the care of patients with lesions found only at MRI.
- Vacuum-based preservation of surgical specimens: an environmentally-safe step towards a formalin-free hospitalCinzia Di Novi
Dept Of Public Policy and Choice University of Eastern Piedmont, Italy
Sci Total Environ 408:3092-5. 2010..preservation of surgical specimens into formalin to be transferred to pathology labs was replaced by under-vacuum sealing (UVS) tissues into plastic bags and preservation at 4 degrees C until transfer...
- Minimally invasive excision of gynaecomastia--a novel and effective surgical techniqueO Qutob
Academic Surgical Unit, University of Hull, Cottingham, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:198-200. 2010..This study investigated the use of a vacuum-assisted biopsy device (VABD) and liposuction to provide minimally invasive approach.
- Breast biopsy for mammographically detected non-palpable lesions using a vacuum-assisted biopsy device (Mammotome) and an upright-type stereotactic mammography unitS Ohsumi
Department of Surgery, National Shikoku Cancer Center, 13 Hori no uchi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 0007, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 31:527-31. 2001..It is crucial to develop a useful minimally invasive biopsy method which can be applied without difficulty...
- Lactobacillus algidus sp. nov., a psychrophilic lactic acid bacterium isolated from vacuum-packaged refrigerated beefY Kato
School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 50:1143-9. 2000..nov. is described on the basis of 40 strains isolated as one of the predominant bacteria from five specimens of vacuum-packaged beef collected from different meat shops and stored at 2 degrees C for 3 weeks...
- Sonographic changes after removing all benign breast masses with sonographically guided vacuum-assisted biopsyEun Sook Ko
Department of Radiology, Korea Cancer Center Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Acta Radiol 50:968-74. 2009Total removal of benign breast masses by vacuum-assisted biopsy (VAB) is now increasingly accepted as a treatment option...
- Inactivation of Listeria monocytogenes on unpackaged and vacuum-packaged chicken frankfurters using pulsed UV-lightN M Keklik
Dept of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Pennsylvania State Univ, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Food Sci 74:M431-9. 2009The effectiveness of pulsed UV-light on the microbial load and quality of unpackaged and vacuum-packaged chicken frankfurters was investigated...
- [Vacuum pack technique--a good method for temporal abdominal closure]Christine Gaarder
Gastrokirurgisk avdeling, Ulleval universitetssykehus, 0407 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 124:2760-2. 2004..To avoid the development of abdominal compartment syndrome, temporary abdominal closure (TAC) should be considered after celiotomy for trauma. A new method for TAC was introduced at Ullevaal University Hospital in 2002, the "vac pac"...
- Preparation of serial sections of arthropods using 2,2-dimethoxypropane dehydration and epoxy resin embedding under vacuumA Pernstich
Department of Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Zoology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biotech Histochem 78:5-9. 2003..The specimens were dehydrated with acidified 2,2-dimethoxypropane and embedded in ERL 4206 epoxy resin under vacuum. This procedure ensures good resin impregnation of thin, long body compartments and appendages...
- The value of a combination of wire localization and ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy for clustered microcalcificationsKi Seok Choo
Department of Radiology, Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University Hospital, Pusan National University School of Medicine, 10, 1 Ga, Ami dong, Seo Ku, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Breast 17:611-6. 2008..is to introduce and evaluate the usefulness of the combination of wire localization and ultrasound (US)-guided, vacuum-assisted breast biopsy (VAB) to histologically diagnose mammographically detected clustered microcalcifications in ..
- False-negative diagnoses at stereotactic vacuum-assisted needle breast biopsy: long-term follow-up of 1,280 lesions and review of the literatureRoger J Jackman
Department of Radiology, Palo Alto Medical Clinic, Palo Alto, CA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:341-51. 2009..of this study was to determine retrospectively the frequency and causes of false-negative diagnoses of lesions evaluated with percutaneous stereotactic biopsy performed with vacuum-assisted probes with the patient prone on a biopsy table.
- Breast cancer diagnosis: the role of stereotactic vacuum-assisted aspiration biopsyFrancesca Rovera
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Insubria, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Int J Surg 6:S104-8. 2008The aim of this study is to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy and impact of the stereotactic vacuum-assisted aspiration biopsy (VAB) as a surgical treatment for non-palpable breast lesions.
- Brain mast cells and Chronic Fatigue SyndromeTheoharis C Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2010..Neuroimmune interactions in CFS are still unknown creating a vacuum in diagnosis and treatment...
- MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF COLLAGEN IN PROLAPSEAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2002..risk factors for pelvic floor dysfunction including vaginal parity, increased infant birth weight, forceps and vacuum assisted vaginal delivery, episiotomy and prolonged second stage of labor...
- Novel device for improving standard CPR outcomesKeith Lurie; Fiscal Year: 2007..and ITD technologies work synergistically to decrease the decompression phase intrathoracic pressure, creating a vacuum within the thorax relative to the rest of the body, thereby a) enhancing blood return to the thorax, b) enhancing ..
- Brain Vascular Studies in Cardiac and Orthopedic SurgeryDavid Stump; Fiscal Year: 2010..also determine whether knee prosthesis surgery using a state of the art reaming system, with chilling and rinse- vacuum methodology is safer than traditional bone reaming...
- Delaware and New Jersey CJ-DATS Research CenterJames Inciardi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Third, there is the issue of research to practice. Because research does not occur in a vacuum, studies conducted with correctional populations should be policy relevant if findings are to be implemented...
- Childhood Leukemia and Home Environmental ExposuresPatricia Buffler; Fiscal Year: 2009..In each household, a total of three samples of vacuum-cleaner dust and indoor air (using passive air monitors) will be tested for the respective persistent and volatile ..
- Childhood Leukemia and Home Environmental ExposuresPatricia A Buffler; Fiscal Year: 2010..In each household, a total of three samples of vacuum-cleaner dust and indoor air (using passive air monitors) will be tested for the respective persistent and volatile ..
- Novel non-invasive treatment for hypotension during hemodialysisAnja Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2007..by providing a small amount of airway resistance during spontaneous inspiration, thereby creating an intrathoracic vacuum that draws venous blood back to the heart each time the patient takes a breath...
- An Epithermal Neutron Source for Cancer TherapyMELVIN PIESTRUP; Fiscal Year: 2006..Tritium storage, replenishing and recycling will be achieved by a self-contained vacuum system to minimize radiation and explosion hazards...
- Predicting common protein mechanisms by the light of evolutionANDREW NEUWALD; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such hypotheses are not formulated in a conceptual vacuum, however, but rather are based on clues obtained from preliminary observations...
- Predicting common protein mechanisms by the light of evolutionANDREW NEUWALD; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such hypotheses are not formulated in a conceptual vacuum, however, but rather are based on clues obtained from preliminary observations...
- Predicting common protein mechanisms by the light of evolutionANDREW NEUWALD; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such hypotheses are not formulated in a conceptual vacuum, however, but rather are based on clues obtained from preliminary observations...
- Fluorescence Sensor Probe for Transcutaneous Glucose SensingRalph Ballerstadt; Fiscal Year: 2007..and engineers will perform studies to optimize a pre-sterilization formulation protocol of sensor by freeze-drying/vacuum-packaging. III...
- INTEGRATED EM-IMMUNOLABELING INSTRUMENTATIONKathryn Howell; Fiscal Year: 2001..Diatome diamond knives, an Edwards auto 306 high vacuum deposition system configured for electron microscopy, a Bal- Tec Jet Freeze device and a Bal-Tec Freeze ..
- Stress, Appetite, and Smoking RelapseMUSTAFA N AL apos ABSI; Fiscal Year: 2010..the role of stress in smoking relapse while taking into account that the effects of stress do not operate in vacuum, and that there is a need to clearly identify interactions of stress effects with other motivational and mood ..
- Nucleic Acid Dipstick for Rapid Avian Flu Detection at Point-of-careHong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. vacuum or centrifugation in nucleic acid extractions, and an expensive and heavy thermal cycler apparatus in nucleic acid ..
- Nucleic Acid Dipstick for Rapid Avian Flu Detection at Point-of-careHong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. vacuum or centrifugation in nucleic acid extractions, and an expensive and heavy thermal cycler apparatus in nucleic acid ..
- Nucleic Acid Dipstick for Rapid Avian Flu Detection at Point-of-careHong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. vacuum or centrifugation in nucleic acid extractions, and an expensive and heavy thermal cycler apparatus in nucleic acid ..
- Portable Continuous Oxygen SystemW Appel; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proprietary system incorporates a rapid vacuum-pressure-swing adsorption process that enables SeQual to provide a PSA unit with both the highest recovery (the ..
- Raman Spectroscopy for Guidance of Stereotactic Breast Biopsies for MicrocalcificMaryann Fitzmaurice; Fiscal Year: 2009..portable Raman instrument and a side-viewing optical fiber Raman probe for use in conjunction with a commercial vacuum-assisted stereotactic needle biopsy system during breast biopsies performed in the outpatient setting...
- Raman Spectroscopy for Guidance of Stereotactic Breast Biopsies for MicrocalcificMaryann Fitzmaurice; Fiscal Year: 2010..portable Raman instrument and a side-viewing optical fiber Raman probe for use in conjunction with a commercial vacuum-assisted stereotactic needle biopsy system during breast biopsies performed in the outpatient setting...
- Intrathoracic Pressure Regulator for ResuscitationKeith Lurie; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ITPR attaches to the patient's airway, generates a small but continuous negative intrathoracic vacuum and thereby immediately increases blood pressure by drawing more venous blood back into the heart when not ..
- Biodegradable Polymer Implants for Spinal Cord RepairAnthony Windebank; Fiscal Year: 2006..use computer-aided design to generate the three-dimensional structure of the scaffold and then determine whether vacuum molding or free-form fabrication (micro-printing) produces the best architecture...
- Methyl Mercury Evaluation in Dental Waste WaterJames Drummond; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dental waste water (DWW) stream during the removal of amalgam from the oral cavity through aspiration with high vacuum suction...
- INNER CITY COCKROACH ALLERGEN REDUCTION TRIALPeyton Eggleston; Fiscal Year: 1999..has Bla g I concentration of greater than 2 U/gm, who do not have a furred pet and whose families own a working vacuum cleaner...