- Direct multiplexed measurement of gene expression with color-coded probe pairs
Gary K Geiss
NanoString Technologies Inc, 201 Elliott Ave West, Suite 300, Seattle, Washington 98119, USA
Nat Biotechnol 26:317-25. 2008
..Finally, a comparison of transcript levels for 21 genes across seven samples measured by the nCounter system and SYBR Green real-time PCR demonstrated similar patterns of gene expression at all transcript levels...
- Quantification of histochemical staining by color deconvolution
A C Ruifrok
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 23:291-9. 2001
..OBJECTIVE: To develop a flexible method of separation and quantification of immunohistochemical staining by means of color image analysis...
- Dual-color click beetle luciferase heteroprotein fragment complementation assays
Molecular Imaging Center, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Chem Biol 17:1018-29. 2010
..Luciferase heteroprotein fragment complementation systems enabled dual-color quantification of two discrete pairs of interacting proteins simultaneously or two distinct proteins interacting ..
- Symbiotic bacterium modifies aphid body color
Molecular Entomology Laboratory, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, Wako 351 0198, Japan
Science 330:1102-4. 2010
b>Color variation within populations of the pea aphid influences relative susceptibility to predators and parasites...
- Intensity-based analysis of dual-color gene expression data as an alternative to ratio-based analysis to enhance reproducibility
Neuroregeneration Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 11:112. 2010
Ratio-based analysis is the current standard for the analysis of dual-color microarray data...
- Transgenic strategies for combinatorial expression of fluorescent proteins in the nervous system
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Center for Brain Science, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 450:56-62. 2007
..The ability of the Brainbow system to label uniquely many individual cells within a population may facilitate the analysis of neuronal circuitry on a large scale...
- High sensitivity of human melatonin, alertness, thermoregulation, and heart rate to short wavelength light
Centre for Chronobiology, Psychiatric University Clinic, Wilhelm Kleinstr 27, CH 4025 Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1311-6. 2005
- The Dark brown plumage color in chickens is caused by an 8.3-kb deletion upstream of SOX10
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 24:268-74. 2011
..Lower tyrosinase activity leads to a shift toward a more pheomelanistic (reddish) plumage color, which is the characteristic feature of the DB phenotype.
- Flower color modification by engineering of the flavonoid biosynthetic pathway: practical perspectives
Institute for Plant Science, Suntory Holdings Ltd, Osaka
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:1760-9. 2010
The status quo of flavonoid biosynthesis as it relates to flower color is reviewed together with a success in modifying flower color by genetic engineering...
- Genetic engineering of flavonoid pigments to modify flower color in floricultural plants
Iwate Biotechnology Research Center, 22 174 4, Narita, Kitakami, Iwate, 024 0003, Japan
Biotechnol Lett 33:433-41. 2011
..So far, the main pigments targeted for flower color modification are anthocyanins that contribute to a variety of colors such as red, pink and blue, but recent ..
- Simultaneous multi-lifetime multi-color STED imaging for colocalization analyses
Department of NanoBiophotonics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Opt Express 19:3130-43. 2011
..Furthermore, we propose a setup having a second STED beam for long duration multicolor recording...
- Globally altered structural brain network topology in grapheme-color synesthesia
Division Neuropsychology, Institute of Psychology, University of Zurich, CH 8050 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurosci 31:5816-28. 2011
..g., specific graphemes evoke the perception of particular colors). Grapheme-color synesthesia (GCS) has been proposed to arise from abnormal local cross-activation between grapheme and color areas ..
- Modeling the emergence of universality in color naming patterns
Departament de Fisica i Enginyeria Nuclear, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Campus Nord B4, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2403-7. 2010
The empirical evidence that human color categorization exhibits some universal patterns beyond superficial discrepancies across different cultures is a major breakthrough in cognitive science...
- Multimodal nanoprobes for radionuclide and five-color near-infrared optical lymphatic imaging
Molecular Imaging Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1088, USA
ACS Nano 1:258-64. 2007
..platform linked to both radionuclides and optical probes, permitting dual-modality scintigraphic and five-color near-infrared optical lymphatic imaging using a multiple-excitation spectrally resolved fluorescence imaging ..
- Neural correlates of the classic color and emotional stroop in women with abuse-related posttraumatic stress disorder
J Douglas Bremner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory Center for Positron Emission Tomography, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:612-20. 2004
..Dysfunction of the anterior cingulate/medial prefrontal cortex has been implicated in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The purpose of this study was to use the Stroop task as a probe of anterior cingulate function in PTSD...
- Single-molecule four-color FRET visualizes energy-transfer paths on DNA origami
Ingo H Stein
Angewandte Physik Biophysik, Amalienstrasse 54, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, 80799 Munich, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 133:4193-5. 2011
..We used single-molecule four-color FRET with alternating laser excitation to sort subpopulations and to visualize the control of energy transfer.
- A prospective study using color flow duplex ultrasonography for abdominal perforator mapping in microvascular breast reconstruction
SANA Hospital Düsseldorf, Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Interdisciplinary Breast Center of Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Med Sci Monit 16:MT65-70. 2010
..We hypothesize that color flow duplex ultrasonography is a reliable method for mapping the abdominal perforator anatomy and avoids the ..
- Evaluation of a 12-color flow cytometry panel to study lymphocyte, monocyte, and dendritic cell subsets in humans
Department of Biology, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Cytometry A 77:410-9. 2010
..The aim of this work was to analyze the phenotype of human lymphocyte, monocyte, and DC subsets using a single 12-color flow cytometry panel...
- Stimulus and response conflict in the color-word Stroop task: a combined electro-myography and event-related potential study
University of Cambridge, Centre for Neuroscience, Faculty of Education, Cambridge, UK
Brain Res 1325:63-76. 2010
We aimed to separate stimulus and response conflict in a manual color-word Stroop task by combining electro-myography (EMG) and event-related brain potentials (ERPs)...
- Decoding and reconstructing color from responses in human visual cortex
Gijs Joost Brouwer
Department of Psychology and Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA
J Neurosci 29:13992-4003. 2009
How is color represented by spatially distributed patterns of activity in visual cortex? Functional magnetic resonance imaging responses to several stimulus colors were analyzed with multivariate techniques: conventional pattern ..
- Individualized EEG source reconstruction of Stroop interference with masked color words
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Muenster, Munster, Germany
Neuroimage 49:1800-9. 2010
A masked version of the classic color Stroop task was used to study interference effects with stimuli of variable visibility. Pattern masks with different stimulus onset asynchronies (SOAs) reduced the visibility in three steps...
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial capacity of several monofloral Cuban honeys and their correlation with color, polyphenol content and other chemical compounds
Jose M Alvarez-Suarez
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Marche Polytechnic University, Via Ranieri 65, 60100 Ancona, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 48:2490-9. 2010
..A correlation between radical-scavenging activity and total phenolic content was found. Correlation existed also between color vs phenolics content, vs flavonoid content or between phenolic vs flavonoid.
- Effects of pH values of hydrogen peroxide bleaching agents on enamel surface properties
Prosthodontics Department, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Oper Dent 36:554-62. 2011
..pH value has a significant influence on the color changes after bleaching (p<0.001)...
- Fluorescence quantum yields of a series of red and near-infrared dyes emitting at 600-1000 nm
Division 1 5 Bioanalytics, BAM Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und prüfung, Berlin, Germany
Anal Chem 83:1232-42. 2011
..In addition, the effects of temperature and the presence of oxygen on the fluorescence quantum yield of Rh-101 have been assessed...
- Universal screening for biliary atresia using an infant stool color card in Taiwan
Cheng Hui Hsiao
Department of Pediatrics, Cardinal Tien Hospital Yung Ho Branch, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 47:1233-40. 2008
..We established a universal screening system using an infant stool color card to promote the early diagnosis and treatment of biliary atresia...
- Mutations in the agouti (ASIP), the extension (MC1R), and the brown (TYRP1) loci and their association to coat color phenotypes in horses (Equus caballus)
Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique et de Cytogénétique, Département de Génétique Animale, INRA Centre de Recherche de Jouy, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Mamm Genome 12:450-5. 2001
Coat color genetics, when successfully adapted and applied to different mammalian species, provides a good demonstration of the powerful concept of comparative genetics...
- Physiologically induced color-pattern changes in butterfly wings: mechanistic and evolutionary implications
Joji M Otaki
The BCPH Unit of Molecular Physiology, Laboratory of Cell and Functional Biology, Department of Chemistry, Biology and Marine Science, Faculty of Science, University of the Ryukyus, 1 Senbaru, Nishihara, Okinawa 903 0213, Japan
J Insect Physiol 54:1099-112. 2008
A mechanistic understanding of the butterfly wing color-pattern determination can be facilitated by experimental pattern changes...
- Colour preferences influences odour learning in the hawkmoth, Macroglossum stellatarum
Department of Cell and Organism Biology, Lund University, Helgonavagen 3, S 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Naturwissenschaften 93:255-8. 2006
..stellatarum can use more than one modality in their foraging behaviour and that the system is plastic. By manipulating the preferences for the different colours, their influence on odour learning could be changed...
- Brightness, contrast, and color balance of digital versus film retinal images in the age-related eye disease study 2
Larry D Hubbard
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53711 1068, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3269-82. 2008
To analyze brightness, contrast, and color balance of digital versus film retinal images in a multicenter clinical trial, to propose a model image from exemplars, and to optimize both image types for evaluation of age-related macular ..
- Skin blood perfusion and oxygenation colour affect perceived human health
Ian D Stephen
Perception Lab, School of Psychology, University of St Andrews, Scotland, UK
PLoS ONE 4:e5083. 2009
..We show, therefore, that skin blood perfusion and oxygenation influence perceived health in a way that may be important to mate choice...
- Adaptive population divergence in cryptic color-pattern following a reduction in gene flow
Zoology Department and Biodiversity Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Evolution 63:1902-12. 2009
..Here, I report increased adaptive divergence in cryptic color pattern between a pair of Timema insect populations following an experimental reduction in between-population gene ..
- Influence of filler on the difference between the transmitted and reflected colors of experimental resin composites
Yong keun Lee
Department of Dental Biomaterials Science and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, 28 Yeongeon dong, Jongro Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Dent Mater 24:1243-7. 2008
..This study sought to determine the influence of filler size and amount on the difference between the transmitted and reflected colors and the translucency of experimental resin composites...
- Strong environmental determination of a carotenoid-based plumage trait is not mediated by carotenoid availability
J D Hadfield
Division of Biology, Imperial College London, Ascot, Berkshire, UK
J Evol Biol 19:1104-14. 2006
..The low heritability of this colour trait suggests environmental factors are likely to underlie the majority of variation in these processes...
- Coordinating perceptually grounded categories through language: a case study for colour
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2 1050 Brussels
Behav Brain Sci 28:469-89; discussion 489-529. 2005
..Specifically, we argue that the collective choice of a shared repertoire must integrate multiple constraints, including constraints coming from communication...
- Feature-selective attention enhances color signals in early visual areas of the human brain
M M Muller
Institut fur Psychologie I, Universitat Leipzig, Seeburgstrasse 14 20, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14250-4. 2006
..stimulus processing (the steady-state visual evoked potential, SSVEP) to investigate feature-specific attention to color cues...
- Visual and spectrophotometric shade analysis of human teeth
Clinic of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Sciences, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Plattenstrasse 11, 8028 Zurich, Switzerland
J Dent Res 81:578-82. 2002
Due to interhuman differences in the perception of color, visual shade assessment of human teeth is lacking standardization that may be improved by the use of a spectrophotometer...
- Blue light activates the sigmaB-dependent stress response of Bacillus subtilis via YtvA
Department of Molecular Microbial Physiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, 1018WV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 188:6411-4. 2006
..These effects were absent in the dark and in red light but present under blue-light illumination. Thus, activation of the general stress response in B. subtilis is modulated by blue light...
- Color vision
Karl R Gegenfurtner
Department of Psychology, Giessen University, Otto Behaghel Strasse 10, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Annu Rev Neurosci 26:181-206. 2003
b>Color vision starts with the absorption of light in the retinal cone photoreceptors, which transduce electromagnetic energy into electrical voltages...
- Two-color single-photon photoinitiation and photoinhibition for subdiffraction photolithography
Timothy F Scott
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0424, USA
Science 324:913-7. 2009
..Here, we demonstrate a two-color irradiation scheme whereby initiating species are generated by single-photon absorption at one wavelength while ..
- Color image discriminant models and algorithms for face recognition
Department of Computer Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Netw 19:2088-98. 2008
This paper presents a basic color image discriminant (CID) model and its general version for color image recognition. The CID models seek to unify the color image representation and recognition tasks into one framework...
- Image analysis software based on color segmentation for characterization of viability and physiological activity of biofilms
Luis E Chavez de Paz
Department of Oral Biology, Faculty of Odontology, Malmo University, Malmö 20506, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:1734-9. 2009
..By identifying color tonalities in situ, the software independently processed the color subpopulations and characterized the viability ..
- Blue or red? Exploring the effect of color on cognitive task performances
Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, 2053 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2, Canada
Science 323:1226-9. 2009
Existing research reports inconsistent findings with regard to the effect of color on cognitive task performances. Some research suggests that blue or green leads to better performances than red; other studies record the opposite...
- Optimal designs for one- and two-color microarrays using mixed models: a comparative evaluation of their efficiencies
Valéria Lima Passos
Department of Methodology and Statistics, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Comput Biol 16:67-83. 2009
Comparative studies between the one- and two-color microarrays provide supportive evidence for similarities of results on differential gene expression. So far, no design comparisons between the two platforms have been undertaken...
- Wireless capsule endoscopy color video segmentation
School of Computing Sciences, University ofEast Anglia, NR47TJ Norwich, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:1769-81. 2008
This paper describes the use of color image analysis to automatically discriminate between oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon tissue in wireless capsule endoscopy (WCE)...
- The role of predators in maintaining the geographic organization of aposematic signals
Group for Interuniversity Research in Limnology and Aquatic Environment GRIL and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Am Nat 178:810-7. 2011
..We tested this assumption by placing clay frog models, representing distinct color morphs of the Peruvian poison dart frog Ranitomeya imitator and a nonconspicuous frog, reciprocally between ..
- Effects of the infant stool color card screening program on 5-year outcome of biliary atresia in Taiwan
Tien Hau Lien
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 53:202-8. 2011
In Taiwan, a screening system using an infant stool color card to promote the early diagnosis of biliary atresia (BA) was established in 2002...
- The modelling of avian visual perception predicts behavioural rejection responses to foreign egg colours
School of Biosciences, Birmingham University, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Biol Lett 4:515-7. 2008
..Biologically realistic sensory models provide an important tool for relating variability of behavioural responses to perceived phenotypic variation...
- Allele substitution at a flower colour locus produces a pollinator shift in monkeyflowers
H D Bradshaw
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 426:176-8. 2003
..cardinalis yup allele had yellow-orange flowers and received 68-fold more hummingbird visits than the wild type. These results indicate that an adaptive shift in pollinator preference may be initiated by a single major mutation...
- The bleaching of teeth: a review of the literature
Unilever Oral Care, Quarry Road East, Bebington, Wirral, CH63 3JW, UK
J Dent 34:412-9. 2006
..To review current knowledge of tooth whitening with respect to external bleaching methods...
- Tensor discriminant color space for face recognition
Su Jing Wang
College of Computer Science and Technology, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, China
IEEE Trans Image Process 20:2490-501. 2011
Recent research efforts reveal that color may provide useful information for face recognition. For different visual tasks, the choice of a color space is generally different...
- Molecular evidence for color discrimination in the Atlantic sand fiddler crab, Uca pugilator
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, USA
J Exp Biol 213:4240-8. 2010
..Many have species-specific body color patterns that may act as signals for intra- and interspecific communication...
- Dietary antioxidants, lipid peroxidation and plumage colouration in nestling blue tits Cyanistes caeruleus
Stephen D Larcombe
Division of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Faculty of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Naturwissenschaften 97:903-13. 2010
..Moreover, interpreting the biological relevance of different biomarkers of antioxidant status represents a challenge for evolutionary ecology...
- Red, rank, and romance in women viewing men
Andrew J Elliot
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, RC Box 270266, Rochester, NY 14617 0266, USA
J Exp Psychol Gen 139:399-417. 2010
..Participants showed no awareness that the research focused on the influence of color. These findings indicate that color not only has aesthetic value but can carry meaning and impact psychological ..
- Can eggs in a cavity be a female secondary sexual signal? Male nest visits and modelling of egg visual discrimination in blue tits
Marie Jeanne Holveck
Centre d Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive, CEFE CNRS, Montpellier, France
Biol Lett 6:453-7. 2010
..Consequently, we need a better understanding of underlying visual mechanisms in dim-light environments and behavioural discrimination experiments before confirming the signalling potential of eggshell coloration...
- Partitioning histopathological images: an integrated framework for supervised color-texture segmentation and cell splitting
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43201, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:1661-77. 2011
..Instead of using pixel color intensities, the color-texture extracted at the local neighborhood of each pixel is utilized as the input to our ..
- An ecological valence theory of human color preference
Stephen E Palmer
Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8877-82. 2010
b>Color preference is an important aspect of visual experience, but little is known about why people in general like some colors more than others...
- Two-color photoactivatable probe for selective tracking of proteins and cells
Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XR, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:11607-16. 2010
..Green Cherry (G(PA)C), the first genetically encoded "continuously red-photoactivatable green" two-color probe for live cell imaging...
- Implementation of a color-capable optofluidic microscope on a RGB CMOS color sensor chip substrate
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Lab Chip 10:411-4. 2010
We report the implementation of a color-capable on-chip lensless microscope system, termed color optofluidic microscope (color OFM), and demonstrate imaging of double stained Caenorhabditis elegans with lacZ gene expression at a light ..
- Electrophysiological evidence for effects of color knowledge in object recognition
Center for Studies of Psychological Application, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, 510631, China
Neurosci Lett 469:405-10. 2010
..perceptual processes, including N1, P2, and N2, differentiated between objects in their appropriate or congruent color from these objects in an inappropriate or incongruent color...
- A four-color colloidal multiplexing nanoparticle system
Freiburg Materials Research Center, University of Freiburg, Germany
ACS Nano 2:120-4. 2008
..The particles were phase transferred into polar solvents by means of silica encapsulation and were characterized by transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and photoluminescence spectroscopy...
- Achieving lambda/20 resolution by one-color initiation and deactivation of polymerization
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Science 324:910-3. 2009
..We anticipate application of this technique for the fabrication of diverse two- and three-dimensional structures with a feature size that is a small fraction of the wavelength of the light employed...
- mRNA transcript quantification in archival samples using multiplexed, color-coded probes
Patricia P Reis
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Biotechnol 11:46. 2011
..We assessed the ability of this technology for mRNA expression quantification in archived formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) oral carcinoma samples...
- Effect of core and veneer thicknesses on the color parameters of two all-ceramic systems
Tamer E Shokry
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Al Azhar University, Egypt
J Prosthet Dent 95:124-9. 2006
..Specific contributions of the core and the veneer thickness on the appearance of layered disk specimens are not well characterized...
- Color-coded fluorescence imaging of tumor-host interactions
Robert M Hoffman
AntiCancer, 7917 Ostrow Street, San Diego, California 92111, USA
Nat Protoc 1:928-35. 2006
..The 'color-coded' tumor-host models enable imaging and therefore a deeper understanding of the host cells involved and their ..
- Extraordinary AFLP fingerprint similarity despite strong assortative mating between reef fish color morphospecies
Felipe S Barreto
Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Marine Science, University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC 28409, USA
Evolution 62:226-33. 2008
..The Caribbean hamlets (genus Hypoplectrus) are a flock of reef fish morphospecies with highly distinct color pattern that mate like with like, but show little mitochondrial or microsatellite DNA differentiation...
- Color naming reflects optimal partitions of color space
Department of Psychology, University of Chicago, 5848 South University Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:1436-41. 2007
The nature of color categories in the world's languages is contested...
- Microsatellite analysis of Japanese sea cucumber, Stichopus (Apostichopus) japonicus, supports reproductive isolation in color variants
Laboratory of Integrative Aquatic Biology, Graduate School of Agriculture Science, Tohoku University, Onagawa, Miyagi, 9862242, Japan
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 8:672-85. 2006
The genetic relationship among the three color variants (Red, Green, and Black) of the Japanese sea cucumber, S. japonicus, was investigated using 11 microsatellite markers...
- Two-photon dual-color imaging using fluorescent proteins
Nat Methods 5:373-4. 2008
- Dual-color proteomic profiling of complex samples with a microarray of 810 cancer-related antibodies
Division of Functional Genome Analysis, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1271-80. 2010
..presented for the production, quality assessment, and reproducible application of antibody microarrays in a two-color mode with an array of 1,800 features, representing 810 antibodies that were directed at 741 cancer-related ..
- The location of heart melanocytes is specified and the level of pigmentation in the heart may correlate with coat color
Developmental Genetics of Melanocytes, UMR 146 CNRS, Institut Curie, Orsay Cedex, France
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21:471-6. 2008
..In this respect, melanocytes found in the valves and septa of the heart are probably not essential in a healthy and non-stressful environment...
- Colors and pterin pigmentation of pierid butterfly wings
Department of Neurobiophysics, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, NL 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
J Insect Physiol 53:1206-17. 2007
..The evolution of pierid wing coloration is discussed...
- Color and antioxidant properties of cyanidin-based anthocyanin pigments
Florian C Stintzing
Institute of Food Technology, Section Plant Foodstuff Technology, Hohenheim University, Garbenstrasse 25, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 50:6172-81. 2002
..to determine the effect of structural variation on a number of chemical and physical properties: CIELAB color coordinates, visual detection thresholds, hydration constants (pK(H)), and in vitro antioxidant activities (ORAC)...
- Biomolecular network motif counting and discovery by color coding
School of Mathematical Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Bioinformatics 24:i241-9. 2008
..In this article, we show how to apply the 'color coding' technique for counting non-induced occurrences of subgraph topologies in the form of trees and bounded ..
- Anthocyanins, flavonols, and free radical scavenging activity of Chinese bayberry (Myrica rubra) extracts and their color properties and stability
Institute of Nuclear Agricultural Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hua Jiachi Campus, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 53:2327-32. 2005
..32 and 1.31 mM TEAC/100 g. Different fruit color was reflected by the surface color and pigment extract color...
- Variation in color between intended matched shade and fabricated shade of dental porcelain
Alvin G Wee
Section of Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Endodontics, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 9422, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:657-66. 2002
The total quantifiable color difference between shade matching and shade duplication has not been investigated formally.
- Magnetoencephalographic investigation of human cortical area V1 using color stimuli
Applied Psychology, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET, United Kingdom
Neuroimage 6:47-57. 1997
..The spatial-frequency tuning was lowpass and the temporal-frequency tuning was multimodal, with peaks at 0 and 4 Hz. The results demonstrate the use of MEG as a technique for investigating activity from discrete regions of cortex...
- Color and opacity variations in three different resin-based composite products after water aging
University of Siena, Italy
Dent Mater 20:530-4. 2004
Correct shade selection and clinical procedures may be invalidated as a result of intrinsic color shifting with time...
- Segregation distortion for seed testa color in Mungbean (Vigna radiata L. Wilcek)
C J Lambrides
University of Queensland School of Land and Food Sciences, St Lucia, Brisbane 4072, Australia
J Hered 95:532-5. 2004
..In this study, inheritance data are presented for the trait seed testa color segregating in large populations (more than 200 individuals) derived from closely related mungbean (Vigna radiata ..
- Blue news: NTP binding properties of the blue-light sensitive YtvA protein from Bacillus subtilis
Department of Physics, University of Parma, Italy
FEBS Lett 580:3818-22. 2006
..These results support the idea that STAS domains may have a general NTP binding role and open a way to investigate the molecular functionality of YtvA-STAS...
- Effect ofartificial accelerated aging on color stability and surface roughness of indirect composites
Fabíola Rejane Zanin
Departmento de Materiais Dentários e Prótese FORP USP, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 16:10-4. 2008
..This study assessed the changes in color and surface roughness of three indirect composite resins after accelerated aging...
- Color stability and degree of cure of direct composite restoratives after accelerated aging
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Oper Dent 32:406-11. 2007
This study evaluated the color changes and amount of remaining C = C bonds (%RDB) in three dental composites after hydrothermal- and photoaging.
- The primary visual cortex fills in color
NMR Center, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18251-6. 2004
..Here, we measured functional MRI signals corresponding to "neon color spreading": an illusory transparent surface with long-range color filling-in, one of the important mediums in ..
- Color stability of composites subjected to accelerated aging after curing using either a halogen or a light emitting diode source
Fernanda de Carvalho Panzeri Pires-de-Souza
School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 18:119-23. 2007
The purpose of this study was to evaluate, in vitro, the color stability of three composite resins of two different shades (A3 and C3) cured with either a quartz tungsten halogen (QTH) or a light emitting diode (LED) source...
- Contingent aftereffects distinguish conscious and preconscious color processing
Department of Psychology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92092 0109, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:873-4. 2006
..processing? Using aftereffects induced by quickly alternating images, we show that cortical mechanisms track color much faster than perception, responding well to color alternations that are too rapid to be perceptible...
- Double vision: pigment genes do more than just color
Surendra S Ambegaokar
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Fly (Austin) 5:206-9. 2011
..186, p. 435-42). Here we discuss further possible effects of mini-white and evidence for autophagy as a mediator of white enhancement of tau toxicity...
- Hemispheric asymmetries in blood flow during color stimulation
University Department of Neurology, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Vinogradska 29, HR 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
J Neurol 254:861-5. 2007
..between left and right PCA with eyes opened and closed, but MBFV were significantly higher in right PCA for each color than corresponding MBFV in left PCA...
- Rainbow color map (still) considered harmful
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 27:14-7. 2007
- Genetic differentiation among populations and color variants of sea cucumbers (Stichopus japonicus) from Korea and China
Jung Ha Kang
Biotechnology Research Division, NFRDI, Busan 619 705, Korea
Int J Biol Sci 7:323-32. 2011
..In addition, given that sea cucumber color affects market price, with the rare, possibly reproductively isolated, red type being the most valuable, an ..
- Color compatibility of resin composites of identical shade designation
Rade D Paravina
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, Houston Biomaterials Research Center, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Texas 77030 3402, USA
Quintessence Int 37:713-9. 2006
The aim of this study was to evaluate color compatibility of corresponding resin composite shades keyed to Vitapan Classical shade guide (Vita).
- Color and luminance influence, but can not explain, binocular rivalry onset bias
Psychological Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e18978. 2011
..targets of equal brightness for brief presentations in eight locations of the near periphery and reported the color that was first dominant in each location...
- Selected questionnaire size and color combinations were significantly related to mailed survey response rates
Timothy J Beebe
Department of Health Sciences Research, Survey Research Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:1184-9. 2007
To determine the degree to which mailed survey response rates, response times, and nonresponse bias are affected by questionnaire size and color.
- Color standardization and optimization in whole slide imaging
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School 101 Merrimac St, Suite 820, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Diagn Pathol 6:S15. 2011
Standardization and validation of the color displayed by digital slides is an important aspect of digital pathology implementation...
- Universality of color names
Delwin T Lindsey
Department of Psychology, Ohio State University, Mansfield, OH 44906, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16608-13. 2006
We analyzed the World Color Survey (WCS) color-naming data set by using k-means cluster and concordance analyses...
- Changes in brown eggshell color as the hen ages
A Z Odabaşi
Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0370, USA
Poult Sci 86:356-63. 2007
The color of eggshells from eggs laid by commercial-type Hy-Line brown hens 25 wk of age was studied over a period of 10 mo...
- The Petrolisthes galathinus complex: species boundaries based on color pattern, morphology and molecules, and evolutionary interrelationships between this complex and other Porcellanidae (Crustacea: Decapoda: Anomura)
Department of Animal Ecology and Systematic Zoology, Justus Liebig University, Heinrich Buff Ring 26 32, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 40:547-69. 2006
..Petrolistes galathinus has been traditionally viewed as a highly variable species containing several different color forms, we consider it to be a complex of at least 6 morphologically similar species with similar ecological ..
- Color and translucency of A2 shade resin composites after curing, polishing and thermocycling
Yong keun Lee
Department of Dental Biomaterials Science, Dental Research Institute, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Oper Dent 30:436-42. 2005
This study determined the differences in values and changes of color and translucency of eight brands of A2 shade resin composites after curing, polishing and thermocycling (TC)...
- Effects of background color on GnRH and MCH levels in the barfin flounder brain
School of Fisheries Sciences, Kitasato University, Ofunato, Iwate 022 0101, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 155:88-93. 2008
Effects of background color on gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH) levels in the brain of the barfin flounder Verasper moseri were monitored to investigate the interaction of GnRH and MCH in the ..
- Mapping one of the 2 genes controlling lemon ray flower color in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.)
Department of Plant Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
J Hered 99:564-7. 2008
..The segregation pattern fits a 15:1 (chi2(15:1) = 0.32, P > 0.5) ratio, suggesting that the lemon ray flower color is conditioned by 2 independent recessive genes that had been contributed individually by each of the parents...
- The effect of ceramic thickness and number of firings on the color of two all-ceramic systems
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Ankara, Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 100:99-106. 2008
..have been advocated for superior esthetics, and various materials have been used to improve ceramic core strength, but there is a lack of information on how color is affected by different core substructures and fabrication procedures.
- Resolution of multiple green fluorescent protein color variants and dyes using two-photon microscopy and imaging spectroscopy
California Institute of Technology, Biological Imaging Center, Beckman Institute, Division of Biology, 139 74 Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 6:311-8. 2001
..tissue penetration and reduced phototoxicity; however, in TPLSM the excitation and emission spectra of GFP and its color variants [e.g...
- Population heterogeneity and color stimulus heterogeneity in agent-based color categorization
Natalia L Komarova
Department of Mathematics, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Theor Biol 253:680-700. 2008
Investigating the interactions between universal and culturally specific influences on color categorization across individuals and cultures has proven to be a challenge for human color categorization and naming research...