Genomes and Genes
Summary: Devices for accelerating charged particles in a spiral path by a constant-frequency alternating electric field. This electric field is synchronized with the movement of the particles in a constant magnetic field.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Insulin sensitivity is reflected by characteristic metabolic fingerprints--a Fourier transform mass spectrometric non-targeted metabolomics approachMarianna Lucio
Department of BioGeoChemistry and Analytics, Institute for Ecological Chemistry, Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13317. 2010....
- Dynamic range and mass accuracy of wide-scan direct infusion nanoelectrospray fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry-based metabolomics increased by the spectral stitching methodAndrew D Southam
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Anal Chem 79:4595-602. 2007..18 ppm and detected over 3000 peaks in liver extract. This novel approach increases metabolome coverage, has very high mass accuracy, and at 5.5 min/sample is conducive for high-throughput metabolomics...
- Mass spectrometry in demonstrating the site-specific nitration of hen egg white lysozyme by an improved electrochemical methodDominic Matters
Centre for Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Coventry University, Coventry CV1 5FB, UK
Anal Biochem 356:171-81. 2006..Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight and electrospray ionization time-of-flight analysis of the tryptic peptides of mononitrated lysozyme identified the site of nitration as Tyr23...
- The role of electron capture dissociation in biomolecular analysisHelen J Cooper
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Mass Spectrom Rev 24:201-22. 2005..The application of ECD to the analysis of polymers, peptide nucleic acids, and oligonucleotides is also discussed...
- Application of Fourier-transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry to metabolic profiling and metabolite identificationDaisaku Ohta
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai 599 8531, Japan
Curr Opin Biotechnol 21:35-44. 2010..Here, we discuss both the advantages and difficulties encountered in the FT-ICR/MS metabolomics studies...
- Nationwide survey on the operational status of medical compact cyclotrons in JapanToshioh Fujibuchi
Department of Radiological Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Ibaraki Prefectural University, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki, Japan
Radiol Phys Technol 2:126-32. 2009..radioactivity of the cyclotron itself and structures is an important issue in decommissioning of medical compact cyclotrons. To obtain basic data on the actual operational conditions of cyclotrons, we performed nationwide survey...
- Measurement of thermal neutron fluence distribution with use of 23Na radioactivation around a medical compact cyclotronToshioh Fujibuchi
Department of Radiological Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Ibaraki Prefectural University, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki, Japan
Radiol Phys Technol 2:159-65. 2009....
- Neutron measurements in the vicinity of a self-shielded PET cyclotronN E Hertel
Neely Nuclear Research Center, G W Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0405, USA
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 108:255-61. 2004..The neutron measurements reported were made during the production of 18F via the 18O(p,n)18F reaction (Q = -2.4 MeV). Neutron spectra were obtained with the BUMS unfolding code and converted to dose equivalent rates...
- Positron-emitting isotopes produced on biomedical cyclotronsPaul McQuade
The Division of Radiological Sciences, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Curr Med Chem 12:807-18. 2005....
- Within the next decade conventional cyclotrons for proton radiotherapy will become obsolete and replaced by far less expensive machines using compact laser systems for the acceleration of the protonsChang Ming Charlie Ma
Fox Chase Cancer Center Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Med Phys 33:571-3. 2006
- An automated high performance capillary liquid chromatography-Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometer for high-throughput proteomicsMikhail E Belov
Biological Sciences Division and Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 15:212-32. 2004....
- Ion-molecule reactions for the characterization of polyols and polyol mixtures by ESI/FT-ICR mass spectrometryMichael A Watkins
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2084, and Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Anal Chem 77:1385-92. 2005..The utility of this method for the analysis of polyols as single-component solutions, as mixtures, or in HPLC effluent (LC-MS analysis) is demonstrated...
- Determination of aberrant O-glycosylation in the IgA1 hinge region by electron capture dissociation fourier transform-ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryMatthew B Renfrow
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32310 4005, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19136-45. 2005....
- Silica-based monoliths for rapid peptide screening by capillary liquid chromatography hyphenated with electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryFelix C Leinweber
Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Institut fur Verfahrenstechnik, Universitatsplatz 2, D 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:1180-8. 2003..Libraries with more than 1000 different peptides could be screened in less than 20 min...
- Principles of Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry and its application in structural biologyMark P Barrow
Institute of Mass Spectrometry and Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Analyst 130:18-28. 2005..In this article, the basic principles are highlighted, some of the techniques employed are described and examples of applications are provided, with particular respect being paid to the field of characterization of biomolecules...
- Tailored noise waveform/collision-induced dissociation of ions stored in a linear ion trap combined with liquid chromatography/Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryAndrey N Vilkov
Biological Sciences Division and Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, P O Box 999, MS K8 98, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:2682-90. 2004..The experimental results are compared with data obtained using conventional quadrupole ion trap MS/MS and SORI-CID MS/MS in an ICR cell...
- Nano-high-performance liquid chromatography in combination with nano-electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion-cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry for proteome analysisChristian Ihling
Biotechnological Biomedical Center, Institute of Analytical Chemistry, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:1240-6. 2003..Parallel identification of proteins from complex mixtures down to low-femtomole levels makes nano-HPLC/nano-ESI-FTICRMS an attractive approach for proteome analysis...
- Production and properties of nanoelectrospray emitters used in Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry: implications for determination of association constants for noncovalent complexesCleidiane G Zampronio
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Anal Chem 76:5172-9. 2004..It was found that 2-microm tip diameter resulted in more reproducible spectra than the larger tip diameters tested (6-20 microm)...
- Manipulating internal energy of protonated biomolecules in electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryXinghua Guo
FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Kruislaan 407, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Mass Spectrom 38:597-606. 2003....
- Improving protein identification using complementary fragmentation techniques in fourier transform mass spectrometryMichael L Nielsen
Laboratory for Biological and Medical Mass Spectrometry, Uppsala University, S 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:835-45. 2005..A specially developed test with scrambled MS/MS data revealed that the amount of false-positive identifications was dramatically reduced by the combined use of CAD and ECD...
- Quantitative analysis of tryptic protein mixtures using electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryCharlotte Hagman
Department of Engineering Sciences, Division of Ion Physics, Uppsala University
J Proteome Res 3:587-94. 2004..This method can be used for observing protein dynamics in a specific cell type, tissue, or in body fluids...
- FTMS structure elucidation of natural products: application to muraymycin antibiotics using ESI multi-CHEF SORI-CID FTMS(n), the top-down/bottom-up approach, and HPLC ESI capillary-skimmer CID FTMSLeonard A McDonald
Chemical Sciences, Wyeth Research, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
Anal Chem 75:2730-9. 2003..Sequential neutral losses of an aminosugar, a valine, a uridine, and an ester fatty acid from the muraymycin parent ions provided diagnostic fragments for characterization...
- Improvement of electron capture efficiency by resonant excitationMichael Mormann
Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics, Biomedical Analysis Department, University of Munster, Robert Koch Str 31, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:2208-14. 2003..In addition to amino acid sequence information, the attachment site of the labile glycan moiety is determined, and also radical-site-induced fragmentations of the glycosidic bonds are observed...
- The formation of complexes by tetraethylresorcarene with planar guest ions studied by electrospray ionisation Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryMarko Mäkinen
Department of Chemistry, University of Joensuu, P O Box 111, 80101 Joensuu, Finland
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:673-7. 2004..Collision-induced dissociation experiments revealed the fragmentation patterns of the resorcarene skeleton and the differences in fragmentation induced by the guest ions...
- Protein kinase A phosphorylation characterized by tandem Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryMichael J Chalmers
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32310 4005, USA
Proteomics 4:970-81. 2004..The utility of activated ion ECD for the characterization of tryptic phosphopeptides was then demonstrated...
- Reproducibility of tryptic digestion investigated by quantitative fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryCharlotte Hagman
Division of Ion Physics, The Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, Box 534, SE 75121 Uppsala, Sweden
J Proteome Res 4:394-9. 2005..These experimental observations provide a range for the up- and down-regulations that are possible to study with electrospray ionization LC FT-ICR mass spectrometry...
- Tandem mass spectrometry for peptide and protein sequence analysisJoshua J Coon
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Biotechniques 38:519, 521, 523. 2005
- Comparison of collision-induced dissociation and electron-induced dissociation of singly protonated aromatic amino acids, cystine and related simple peptides using a hybrid linear ion trap-FT-ICR mass spectrometerHadi Lioe
School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1429-37. 2007..EID may find applications in analyzing singly charged molecular ions formed by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization...
- Sub parts-per-million mass measurement accuracy of intact proteins and product ions achieved using a dual electrospray ionization quadrupole fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometerD Keith Williams
W M Keck FT ICR Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, North Carolina State University Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 18:1-7. 2007..0 ppm to 1.1 ppm, with an average of -0.9 ppm. This method requires limited modification to ESI-FT-ICR mass spectrometers and is applicable for both positive and negative ionization modes...
- CrossSearch, a user-friendly search engine for detecting chemically cross-linked peptides in conjugated proteinsOwen W Nadeau
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:739-49. 2008..The results offer proof of concept for the CrossSearch strategy for analyzing conjugates and are the first to reveal a tertiary structural element of either homologous alpha or beta regulatory subunit of phosphorylase kinase...
- Measurement of deamidation of intact proteins by isotopic envelope and mass defect with ion cyclotron resonance Fourier transform mass spectrometryNoah E Robinson
Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, 2251 Dick George Road, Cave Junction, OR 97523, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:3535-41. 2006..The envelope deconvolution method is further illustrated by detection of deamidation in intact gammaS crystallin, a 20 904 Da protein, and discovery of the principal gammaS deamidation site...
- Evaluation of a novel approach for peptide sequencing: laser-induced acoustic desorption combined with P(OCH(3))(2)(+) chemical ionization and collision-activated dissociation in a Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometerJayalakshmi Somuramasami
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 18:525-40. 2007..The mechanisms of the reactions of peptides with P(OCH(3))(2)(+) and the dissociation of the (peptide + P - 2H)(+) ions were examined by using model peptides and molecular orbital calculations...
- Fragmentation of singly protonated peptides via a combination of infrared and collisional activationEric D Dodds
Department of Chemistry, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
Anal Chem 78:8506-11. 2006....
- Disulfide bond cleavages observed in SORI-CID of three nonapeptides complexed with divalent transition-metal cationsRomulus Mihalca
FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics AMOLF, Kruislaan 407, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Mass Spectrom 42:450-8. 2007..This approach offers an efficient way to cleave disulfide-bridged structures using low energy MS/MS, which leads to increased sequence coverage and more confidence in peptide or protein assignments...
- Study on the quality control of cell therapy products. Determination of N-glycolylneuraminic acid incorporated into human cells by nano-flow liquid chromatography/Fourier transformation ion cyclotron mass spectrometryNoritaka Hashii
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyouga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1160:263-9. 2007..Our method needs only 2.5x10(3) cells for one injection and would be applicable to the determination of NeuGc in cell therapy products...
- Tandem mass spectrometry in quadrupole ion trap and ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometersAnne H Payne
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Methods Enzymol 402:109-48. 2005..This chapter covers the basic principles of operation of these instruments, including the trapping/manipulation/detection of ions and various approaches used to activate ions to perform tandem mass spectrometry experiments...
- Investigation of gas phase ion structure for proline-containing b(2) ionLori L Smith
Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 17:20-8. 2006..Finally, high-resolution, accurate mass measurements determined that the V(NmA) (b(2)-71) ion results from losing a portion of valine from oxazolone V(NmA) b(2) ion, rather than cross-ring cleavage of the alternate diketopiperazine...
- Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry for the analysis of small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) modification: identification of lysines in RanBP2 and SUMO targeted for modification during the E3 autoSUMOylation reactionHelen J Cooper
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Anal Chem 77:6310-9. 2005....
- Examples of Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry developments: from ion physics to remote access biochemical mass spectrometryA Römpp
FOM Institute for Atomic and Molecular Physics, Kruislaan 407, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:443-56. 2005..This concept of remote experimentation opens new possibilities for scientific collaborations between expert scientists at different locations and allows the efficient use of this expensive instrumentation...
- Epitope extraction technique using a proteolytic magnetic reactor combined with Fourier-transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry as a tool for the screening of potential vaccine lead peptidesZ Bilkova
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry, Institute Curie UMR CNRS IC 168, Paris Cedex 05, France
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:489-95. 2005..In this way, the epitope extraction technique combined with mass spectrometric analysis is shown to be an excellent base for molecular screening of potential vaccine lead proteins...
- Electron capture dissociation of O-glycosylated peptides: radical site-induced fragmentation of glycosidic bondsMichael Mormann
Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics, Biomedical Analysis Department, University of Munster, Robert Koch Str 31, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:497-511. 2005..The different sugar core types exhibit different fragmentation patterns driven by the stability of the resulting fragments allowing the discrimination of isomeric glycans...
- Structural characterisation of tyrosine-nitrated peptides by ultraviolet and infrared matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryBrînduşa Alina Petre
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry and Biopolymer Structure Analysis, Department of Chemistry, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:513-8. 2005..In contrast, infrared-MALDI-FT-ICR-MS did not produce fragmentation of molecular ions of Tyr-nitrated peptides...
- Characterisation of cytochrome c unfolding by nano-electrospray ionization time-of-fight and Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryNikolay Youhnovski
Department of Chemistry, Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:519-24. 2005..Nevertheless, the ToF instrument appears to discriminate better between unfolded and partially unfolded forms...
- Mapping protein interfaces by chemical cross-linking and Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry: application to a calmodulin / adenylyl cyclase 8 peptide complexAndreas Schmidt
Biotechnological Biomedical Center, Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy, University of Leipzig, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 11:525-34. 2005..The identified intermolecular cross-linking products will give further insight into calmodulin/adenylyl cyclase 8 interaction...
- Realistic modeling of ion cloud motion in a Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance cell by use of a particle-in-cell approachEugene N Nikolaev
The Institute for Energy Problems of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Leninskij pr 38, k 2, Moscow, Russia 119334
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:3527-46. 2007..The ion cloud evolution time-scale is inversely proportional to magnetic field. The number of ions needed for peak coalescence depends quadratically on the magnetic field...
- Steady-state asymmetric nanospray dual ion source for accurate mass determination within a chromatographic separationNicolas L Young
BioSecurity and NanoSciences Laboratory, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Anal Chem 79:5711-8. 2007..Because of the low cost of implementation, the new source could potentially be applied to other forms of mass spectrometry, such as electrospray ionization-time-of-flight (ESI-TOF), which can benefit from internal mass calibration...
- Optimization of experimental parameters for electron capture dissociation of peptides in a Fourier transform mass spectrometerT W Dominic Chan
Department of Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:1396-406. 2002..e., neutralization of the fragment ions, might be a significant event for limiting the intensity of the fragment ions...
- Liquid chromatography and electron-capture dissociation in Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryMagnus Palmblad
Division of Ion Physics, The Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, Box 534, SE 751 21, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:988-92. 2002..The results suggest that LC/ECD-FTICRMS can be employed in the characterization of peptides in enzymatic digests of proteins or protein mixtures and identify and localize posttranslational modifications...
- Electron capture dissociation of polypeptides using a 3 Tesla Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometerNicolas C Polfer
Department of Chemistry, The University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Main Road, EH9 3JJ, Scotland, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:936-43. 2002....
- Improved low-energy electron injection systems for high rate electron capture dissociation in Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryY O Tsybin
Ion Physics Division, , Uppsala University, Box 534, SE-751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:1849-54. 2001..The ECD rate improvement is not only due to the larger total electron current, but the larger emitting area as well...
- High sensitivity Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry for biological analysis with nano-LC and microelectrospray ionizationT L Quenzer
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University, 1800 East Paul Dirac Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32310, USA
Anal Chem 73:1721-5. 2001..Arg8-vasotocin isolated from the pineal gland of rainbow trout is detected, demonstrating the ability of FT-ICR to detect and identify a true endogenous biological analyte...
- In-source H/D exchange and ion-molecule reactions using matrix assisted laser desorption/ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry with pulsed collision and reaction gasesMatthias Witt
Bruker Daltonik GmbH, Bremen, Germany
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:308-17. 2002..Amino acid sequence, structural flexibility and folding state of the peptides can be seen to play a part in the reactivity of such ions...
- Optimal pressure conditions for unbiased external ion accumulation in a two-dimensional radio-frequency quadrupole for Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryM E Belov
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, P.O. Box 999, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:1988-96. 2001..External ion accumulation performed at the optimal pressure resulted in an increase in both the spectrum acquisition rates and dynamic range...
- Gas-phase reactions of charged phenyl radicals with neutral biomolecules evaporated by laser-induced acoustic desorptionChristopher J Petzold
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1393, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:192-4. 2002..Further, a previously unstudied reaction of the nucleotide of thymine (T1) with charged phenyl radical was found to yield analogous products as the reaction with thymidine...
- The interaction between the chaperone SecB and its ligands: evidence for multiple subsites for bindingL L Randall
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 4660, USA
Protein Sci 7:2384-90. 1998..Here we have used titration calorimetry, analytical ultracentrifugation, and electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry to obtain evidence that such distinguishable subsites exist...
- Broadband detection electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry to reveal enzymatically and chemically induced deamidation reactions within peptidesD G Schmid
, , Germany
Anal Chem 73:6008-13. 2001..Using broadband detection, we were able to resolve ions with a difference of m/z 0.0064 to detect partially deamidated peptides formed either enzymatically or under acidic and basic conditions...
- Characterization of amino acid side chain losses in electron capture dissociationHelen J Cooper
Ion Cyclotron Resonance Program, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University, Tallahassee 32310, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:241-9. 2002..Losses from arginine, histidine, and asparigine/glutamine can be used to ascertain their presence, as in the analysis of unknown peptides, particularly those with non-linear structures...
- Multiple ion isolation applications in FT-ICR MS: exact-mass MSn internal calibration and purification/interrogation of protein-drug complexesGary Kruppa
Bruker Daltonics Inc, Billerica, Massachusetts 01821, USA
Anal Chem 74:3877-86. 2002....
- Increased proteome coverage for quantitative peptide abundance measurements based upon high performance separations and DREAMS FTICR mass spectrometryLjiljana Pasa-Tolic
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:954-63. 2002..We show that implementation of the DREAMS approach allows assignment of approximately 80% more peptide pairs, thus providing quantitative information for approximately 18,000 peptide pairs in a single analysis...
- Scaling MS plateaus with high-resolution FT-ICRMSAlan G Marshall
National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University, Tallahassee 32310, USA
Anal Chem 74:252A-259A. 2002
- Gas-phase cleavage of PTC-derivatized electrosprayed tryptic peptides in an FT-ICR trapped-ion cell: mass-based protein identification without liquid chromatographic separationG van der Rest
Center for Interdisciplinary Magnetic Resonance, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Florida State University, Tallahassee 32310, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 12:288-95. 2001..The method is robust-it succeeds even with partial tryptic digestion, partial Edman derivatization, and partial MS/MS IRMPD cleavage. Improved efficiency and automation should be straightforward...
- Comparison of electron capture dissociation and collisionally activated dissociation of polycations of peptide nucleic acidsJ V Olsen
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern Denmark, DK-5230 Odense M, Denmark
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:969-74. 2001..This was rationalized through the lower degree of charge solvation on the backbone compared to polypeptides. Combination of both CAD and ECD data is advantageous, as these techniques produce cleavages at different sites...
- Proton bound homodimers and heterodimers of amides and amines in the gas phase. Equilibrium studies by Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance spectrometryMatthias Witt
Fakultat fur Chemie, Universitat Bielefeld, Germany
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:1273-81. 2002..The available data have been used to calculate the molecular pair gas phase basicity of DMF and the 13 bases used and to estimate the dissociation energies of the bonds of the proton bridge in various proton bound heterodimers...
- The unanticipated loss of SO2 from sulfonamides in collision-induced dissociationZhen Wang
Department of Drug Metabolism, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065 0900, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:81-6. 2003..The neutral loss involving the cleavage of two bonds was unanticipated and suggested a complex rearrangement process. A mechanism for the loss of SO(2) has been proposed...
- Shifts in peptide and protein charge state distributions with varying spray tip orifice diameter in nanoelectrospray Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryYan Li
Department of Chemistry, University of New Orleans, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, Louisiana 70148, USA
Anal Chem 75:5739-46. 2003....
- Radiobiology with heavy charged particles: a historical reviewL D Skarsgard
Department of Medical Biophysics, B C Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, Canada
Phys Med 14:1-19. 1998..There followed a series of cyclotrons, synchrotrons and linear accelerators, culminating in the BEVALAC, which provided the first source of very heavy ..
- Radiotherapy systems using proton and carbon beamsY Jongen
Ingénieur civil en electronique Administrateur Délégué IBA
Bull Mem Acad R Med Belg 163:471-8; discussion 479-80. 2008..In addition to the now classical proton therapy equipments, using synchrotrons or cyclotrons as accelerators, new solutions have been proposed, claiming to be more compact and less expensive...
- Quantification of regional myocardial perfusion with generator-produced 62Cu-PTSM and positron emission tomographyP Herrero
Cardiovascular Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110
Circulation 87:173-83. 1993..Centers that do not have cyclotrons rely on generator-produced radioisotopes for assessment of regional myocardial perfusion with positron emission ..
- Fluorine-18 radiopharmaceuticals beyond [18F]FDG for use in oncology and neurosciencesH H Coenen
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin, INM 5 Institut für Nuklearchemie, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, D 52425 Julich, Germany
Nucl Med Biol 37:727-40. 2010..PET) is a rapidly expanding clinical modality worldwide thanks to the availability of compact medical cyclotrons and automated chemistry for the production of radiopharmaceuticals...
- Chemical processing for production of no-carrier-added selenium-73 from germanium and arsenic targets and synthesis of L-2-amino-4-([73Se]methylseleno) butyric acid (L-[73Se]selenomethionine)A Plenevaux
Cyclotron Research Center, , Belgium
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 41:829-38. 1990..With 26 MeV alpha particles, available with compact cyclotrons, the first reaction required an enriched 70Ge target of sodium metagermanate to give a production yield of 1 mCi/..
- Fast neutron radiation therapy. Results of phase III randomized trials in head and neck, lung, and prostate cancersW J Koh
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle 98195
Acta Oncol 33:293-8. 1994..studies in which fast neutrons were delivered using modern, hospital-based, high-energy, isocentric-capable cyclotrons. In locally advanced squamous cell head and neck cancers, neutrons showed no convincing advantage over photons...
- [Use of radionuclides in therapy]J Vucina
Institut za nuklearne nauke Vinca, Laboratorija za radioizotope, 11001 Beograd
Med Pregl 54:245-50. 2001..However, considerable efforts are required in selecting an optimal radionuclide for a specific application and then, in the development of methods for its routine production...
- The state of positron emitting radionuclide production in 1997T J McCarthy
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Semin Nucl Med 28:235-46. 1998..predictions to the current state of the art, we have broken this into four key areas; commercially available cyclotrons, costs of operating cyclotron facilities, the emergence of compact accelerators, and the cyclotron production of ..
- Neutron carcinogenesis: past, present, and futureC K Hill
Department of Radiation Oncology, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90089, USA
J Radiat Res 40:117-27. 1999..Early use of neutrons from radioactive sources and from cyclotrons led to a need to define risk for such exposures...
- [Nationwide survey on radioactive waste management related to positron emission tomography in Japan]Hiroaki Nagaoka
Iwate Medical University Hospital
Nihon Hoshasen Gijutsu Gakkai Zasshi 65:1644-9. 2009..It was expected that this new regulation would mediate the installation of clearance systems in Japan. In order to assess the current situation of radiation safety management in PET institutions, we conducted a nationwide survey...
- Special radiation protection aspects of medical acceleratorsM Silari
CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 96:381-92. 2001..of machines are considered: (1) medical electron linacs for 'conventional' radiation therapy, (2) low energy cyclotrons for production of radionuclides mainly for medical diagnostics and (3) medium energy cyclotrons and synchrotrons ..
- Advanced treatment planning methods for efficient radiation therapy with laser accelerated proton and ion beamsStefan Schell
Department of Radiation Oncology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Med Phys 37:5330-40. 2010Laser plasma acceleration can potentially replace large and expensive cyclotrons or synchrotrons for radiotherapy with protons and ions...
- The AAPM/RSNA physics tutorial for residents. RadiopharmaceuticalsJ A Ponto
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242, USA
Radiographics 18:1395-404. 1998..are produced in a number of ways: as by-products of fission, by means of neutron activation, by cyclotrons, and by generators. These methods produce isotopes with both desirable and undesirable properties...
- Unconventional nuclides for radiopharmaceuticalsJason P Holland
Radiochemistry Service, Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Imaging 9:1-20. 2010..With the increased availability of small, low-energy cyclotrons and improvements in both cyclotron targetry and purification chemistries, the use of "nonstandard" radionuclides ..
- Advanced-technology radiation therapy in the management of bone and soft tissue sarcomasThomas F DeLaney
Northeast Proton Therapy Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cancer Control 12:27-35. 2005..For patients with sarcomas, radiotherapy can be used as neoadjuvant, adjuvant, or primary local therapy, depending on the site and type of sarcoma, the surgical approach, and the efficacy of chemotherapy...
- Accelerators for heavy-charged-particle radiation therapyGeorge B Coutrakon
Department of Radiation Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 11234 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 6:49-54. 2007..The accelerator types are a combination of synchrotrons, cyclotrons, and linear accelerators; some carry advanced features such as respiration gating, intensity modulation, and ..
- Target foil rupture scenario and provision for handling different models of medical cyclotrons used in IndiaV S Shaiju
Radiological Physics and Advisory Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400 094, India
J Med Phys 34:161-6. 2009..Recommendations have also been made to reduce personal exposure while handling the target foil rupture condition such as the use of L-Bench near the target area and participation of experienced personnel...
- Positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) in childrenRichard M Shore
Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, USA
Pediatr Ann 37:404-12. 2008..other than FDG are significantly more limited in their availability and are limited to PET centers with on-site cyclotrons. However, these additional agents open the door to many additional studies, including more specific tumor-..
- Multiple Cyclotron Method to Search for CP Violation in the Neutrino SectorJ M Conrad
Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Phys Rev Lett 104:141802. 2010New low-cost, high-power proton cyclotrons open the opportunity for a novel precision search for CP violation in the light neutrino sector...
- [Synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals for PET investigations]Pal Mikecz
Debreceni Egyetem, Orvos és Egészségtudományi Centrum, PET Centrum, Debrecen
Orv Hetil 143:1240-2. 2002..The first step of this process is the isotope production by small cyclotrons. The synthons made from the isotopes react with the precursor of the given radiopharmaceutical...
- Personal dose monitoring in hospitals: global assessment, critical applications and future needsP Covens
Radiation Protection Department, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 124:250-9. 2007..in interventional radiology (IR), in vitro biomedical research and radiopharmaceutical production around cyclotrons. Besides the fact that many of the staff members, involved in these applications, are not measurably exposed, ..
- Production of 34m Cl and 38 Cl via the (d,α) reaction on 36 Ar and nat Ar gas at 8.4 MeVJonathan W Engle
University of Wisconsin, Department of Medical Physics, 1111 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 69:75-9. 2011Production of (38)Cl and (34m)Cl via the (d, α) reaction on natural argon and (36)Ar reveal medical cyclotrons' ability to supply these isotopes in small quantities...
- Opioid imagingAlexander Hammers
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Rd, London W12 0NN, UK
Neuroimaging Clin N Am 16:529-52, vii. 2006..SPECT) tracers are lacking, but with the increase in the number of available PET (or PET/CT) cameras and cyclotrons thanks to the clinical successes of PET in oncology, PET may become widespread enough to overcome this ..
- The isochronous cyclotron: principles and recent developmentsK Strijckmans
Institute for Nuclear Sciences, Ghent University, INW RUG, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000, Gent, Belgium
Comput Med Imaging Graph 25:69-78. 2001..operation and negative (vs positive) ion acceleration (and extraction) are explained, as they make dedicated PET cyclotrons a simple, reliable, and suitable tool...
- Production of no carrier added 80mBr for investigation of Auger electron toxicityR C Mease
Chemistry Division, Argonne National Laboratory, IL 60439
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 42:57-61. 1991..This route is therefore superior for current medical cyclotrons. Irradiation of a reusable 80Se copper selenide target also yielded multi-millicurie amounts of 80mBr, and ..
- Decay data and production yields of some non-standard positron emitters used in PETS M Qaim
Institute of Nuclear Chemistry, Research Center Jülich GmbH, Julich, Germany
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 52:111-20. 2008..are produced in good yields at low energy cyclotrons while for production of some other radionuclides (e.g. 52Fe, 73Se, 83Sr, etc...
- Excitation functions of 125Te(p, xn)-reactions from their respective thresholds up to 100 MeV with special reference to the production of 124IA Hohn
Institut für Nuklearchemie, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, Germany
Appl Radiat Isot 55:149-56. 2001..The proposed production energy range is too high for small cyclotrons but large quantities of 124I can be produced with medium-sized commercial machines.
- [Radiosurgery: basic principles]D Porcheron
Unité de Radiochirurgie Gamma Knife, Service de Neurochirurgie Fonctionnelle et Stereotaxique, Hopital d Adulte de la Timone, Marseille
Neurochirurgie 50:265-9. 2004..high energy LINAC X-rays modified in comparison to their classical use in external radiation therapy, and, more rarely, protons produced in cyclotrons. Several teams world-wide are still perfecting and refining this developing technique.
- Improved optimization of the Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry phase correction function using a genetic algorithmDavid P A Kilgour
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 27:1977-82. 2013..Mass spectrometric images can contain many thousands of pixels; hence methods of decreasing the time required to solve for a phase correction function will result in significant improvements in this application...
- Specific electrochemical iodination of horse heart myoglobin at tyrosine 103 as determined by Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryJesus Iniesta
Centre for Molecular and Biomedical Science, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Coventry University, Coventry CV1 5FB, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 474:1-7. 2008..More extensive sequence coverage was obtained with electron capture dissociation (ECD), allowing unambiguous assignment of the site of iodination to Tyr103...
- A nanocarbon film electrode as a platform for exploring DNA methylationDai Kato
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 130:3716-7. 2008..This film allowed us to perform both C- and mC-positive assays solely by using the electrochemical oxidation of oligonucleotides without bisulfite or labeling processes...
- The effects of chromium(III) coordination on the dissociation of acidic peptidesDan Pu
Department of Chemistry, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 0336, USA
J Mass Spectrom 43:773-81. 2008..This is consistent with deprotonated carboxylic acid groups being involved in chromium(III) coordination and with chromium existing in the 3 + state in the gas-phase ions...
- Achievements in workplace neutron dosimetry in the last decade: lessons learned from the EVIDOS projectR J Tanner
Radiation Protection Division, Health Protection Agency, Chilton, Didcot OX11 0RQ, UK
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 126:471-6. 2007....
- Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry of covalent adducts of proteins and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal, a reactive end-product of lipid peroxidationNavin Rauniyar
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health, Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1421-8. 2007....
- Application of FT-ICR-MS for the study of proton-transfer reactions involving biomoleculesE D Raczyńska
Department of Chemistry, Warsaw University of Agriculture SGGW, 02 726 Warsaw, Poland
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1365-80. 2007..They also indicate the form (unionized, zwitterionic, protonated, or deprotonated) which the biomolecule may take in a nonpolar environment...
- Grating monochromator for electron cyclotron resonance ion source operationHideshi Muto
Center of General Education, Tokyo University of Science, Suwa, 5000 1 Toyohira, Chino Nagano 391 0292, Japan
Rev Sci Instrum 84:073304. 2013..In this paper, the grating monochromator method for beam tuning of a Hyper-ECR ion source as an injector for RIKEN azimuthal varying field (AVF) cyclotron is described. ..
- A Novel F-18 PET Myocardial Perfusion Radiopharmaceutical based on Rhodamine DyesALAN BRENT PACKARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..including the high cost of 82Rb and the limited availability of [13N]NH3 and [15O]H2O, which require on-site cyclotrons for production...
- A Mini-Cyclotron Facility to Support Cancer Research at the BIDMC/HMSJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2010..Although not powerful enough to produce radiotracers on a commercial scale, such 8 MeV mini-cyclotrons can produce enough radiotracer to serve the needs of the entire BIDMC pre-clinical and clinical cancer research ..
- Development of a novel PET imaging agent for prostate cancerBeatrice Langton-Webster; Fiscal Year: 2011..This labeling needs to be in a chemistry that is readily available to the growing number of hospitals with cyclotrons and PET scanners...
- Expanding F-18 Production for PET/CTBRUCE WENDELL WIELAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..Installing more of the predominant 11-18 MeV negative ion cyclotrons utilizing internal Penning ion sources (beam current limited to100-150 microamps) is not the most efficient ..
- ACS-TR19 CYCLOTRONRobert C McKinstry; Fiscal Year: 2012..Unlike the current CS-15 and JSW168 cyclotrons, the TR19 will allow increased efficiency and flexibility for non-standard isotope production as well as ..
- THERMOSYPHON TARGETRY TO IMPROVE F-18 PETBRUCE WIELAND; Fiscal Year: 2006..Removing more heat allows full use of the available proton beam current in the installed base of PET cyclotrons, thus at least doubling the production of O-18(p,n)F-18 for FDG (feasibility established by Phase I prototype ..
- REGENERATIVE TURBINE CYCLOTRON TARGETRY FOR F-18 PETBRUCE WIELAND; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ninety six cyclotrons in US hospitals and distribution centers currently bombard stable enriched O-18 water targets with protons to ..
- THERMOSYPHON CYCLOTRON TARGETRY TO IMPROVE F-18 PETBRUCE WIELAND; Fiscal Year: 2004..Currently ninty-six US cyclotrons proton-bombard stable enriched O-18 water, producing F-18 fluoride ion to synthesize F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (..
- PHOTOPRODUCTION OF MEDICAL RADIOISOTOPESEdward Knapp; Fiscal Year: 1999..that is smaller, more reliable, more efficient, less expensive, and easier to operate than either hospital cyclotrons or electron LINACs...
- Cyclotron for PET Isotope ProductionKenneth Krohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..Although it has the lowest energy of the cyclotrons we considered, it has high current output and relatively low shielding requirements and it will meet our current ..
- 18F-FP-DTBZ for PET Imaging of Beta Cell Mass in DiabetesDaniel Skovronsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..means that C-DTBZ clinical studies are only feasible at a limited number of centers with on-site cyclotrons. Since the PET isotope F has a 110 min...
- NEW TARGET TECHNOLOGY FOR PET RADIONUCLIDE PRODUCTIONJames Moran; Fiscal Year: 1993..PET radioisotope targets for use with the low energy Tandem Cascade Accelerator (TCA) and with medium energy cyclotrons. Our approach to target design for low energy bombardment has been to develop single foil, conduction cooled ..
- NEW TARGET TECHNOLOGY FOR PET RADIONUCLIDE PRODUCTIONBARBARA HUGHEY; Fiscal Year: 1991..The new accelerators must operate at higher currents (up to 1 mA versus 50 muA with high energy cyclotrons) to achieve the 1-2 Curie saturated yields of these radioisotopes required for medical imaging applications...
- Structural Mapping of Protein Complexes by Hydrogen/Deuterium ExchangeAlan Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project is multidisiplinary and pulls together several distinguished collaborators with focused research projects that will benefit directly from H/D exchange with high-resolution mass analysis. ..
- ASTATINE AND IODINE RADIOLABELED MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESMichael Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Investigation of Monte Carlo Tools for IMRTChang Ming Ma; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will be used as reference materials in retrospective studies as well as ongoing clinical trials. ..
- Prediction of Second Cancer Risks for Children Treated with Proton - vs. - PhotonWayne D Newhauser; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the future, we expect that the lower-risk treatments will result in fewer second cancers and this will translate into longer, higher-quality lives for survivors of childhood cancer (presently 270,000 persons in the United States). ..
- INSTRUMENTATION FOR PROTEOMICSJay Fox; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Astatine 211 & Radioiodine Labeled Octreotide ConjugatesMichael Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed in vitro studies include characterization of binding, internalization and catabolism; the proposed in vivo studies include evaluation of tissue distribution, dosimetry, catabolism as well as therapeutic efficacy. ..
- Protein Surface Mapping: Experimentation and ComputationRobert Hettich; Fiscal Year: 2008..At present, this experimental capability is non-existent. ..
- Quantative and Phospho Proteomics InstrumentationJay Fox; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..