Genomes and Genes
Summary: The phenomenon whereby compounds whose molecules have the same number and kind of atoms and the same atomic arrangement, but differ in their spatial relationships. (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 5th ed)
Publications337 found, 100 shown here
- Modulation of endothelial inward-rectifier K+ current by optical isomers of cholesterolVictor G Romanenko
Institute for Medicine and Engineering, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biophys J 83:3211-22. 2002..These results suggest that 1) cholesterol modulates cellular K(+) conductance by changing the number of the active channels and 2) that specific cholesterol-protein interactions are critical for the regulation of endothelial Kir...
- Escape from flatland: increasing saturation as an approach to improving clinical successFrank Lovering
Wyeth Research, Chemical Sciences, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
J Med Chem 52:6752-6. 2009..In an attempt to explain these observations, we further demonstrate that saturation correlates with solubility, an experimental physical property important to success in the drug discovery setting...
- Biocatalytic asymmetric synthesis of chiral amines from ketones applied to sitagliptin manufactureChristopher K Savile
Codexis, Incorporated, 200 Penobscot Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
Science 329:305-9. 2010..This work underscores the maturation of biocatalysis to enable efficient, economical, and environmentally benign processes for the manufacture of pharmaceuticals...
- Site-saturation mutagenesis of tryptophan 116 of Saccharomyces pastorianus old yellow enzyme uncovers stereocomplementary variantsSantosh Kumar Padhi
Department of Chemistry, 127 Chemistry Research Building, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:3271-80. 2009..These computational tools will allow preliminary in silico screening of additional residues to identify those most likely to control the substrate binding orientation and provide some guidance to future experimental studies...
- Rh(III)-catalyzed regioselective synthesis of pyridines from alkenes and α,β-unsaturated oxime estersJamie M Neely
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, United States
J Am Chem Soc 135:66-9. 2013..Mechanistic studies suggest that heterocycle formation proceeds via reversible C-H activation, alkene insertion, and a C-N bond formation/N-O bond cleavage process...
- Biotechnological production of enantiomeric pure lactic acid from renewable resources: recent achievements, perspectives, and limitsKenji Okano
Department of Molecular Science and Material Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, 1 1 Rokkodaicho, Nada Ku, Kobe, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 85:413-23. 2010..In this review, the drawbacks as well as improvements of LA production by fermentation is discussed...
- Asymmetric bioreduction of activated C=C bonds using enoate reductases from the old yellow enzyme familyRainer Stuermer
BASF AG, GVF E B9, D 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Curr Opin Chem Biol 11:203-13. 2007....
- Discovery of a thermostable Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenase by genome miningMarco W Fraaije
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG, Groningen, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 66:393-400. 2005..This study demonstrates that, using effective annotation tools, genomes can efficiently be exploited as a source of novel BVMOs...
- Nanoparticle superstructures made by polymerase chain reaction: collective interactions of nanoparticles and a new principle for chiral materialsWei Chen
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48109, USA
Nano Lett 9:2153-9. 2009..This new collective optical property of NPs embracing the diversity of shapes and diameters in the starting dispersions opens unique opportunities for the development of negative index materials...
- Towards quantitative computer-aided studies of enzymatic enantioselectivity: the case of Candida antarctica lipase AMaria P Frushicheva
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1062, USA
Chembiochem 13:215-23. 2012..We also explore faster strategies for identifying mutations that will help in augmenting directed-evolution experiments, but these approaches require further refinement...
- Rolling up gold nanoparticle-dressed DNA origami into three-dimensional plasmonic chiral nanostructuresXibo Shen
National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, Beijing 100190, China
J Am Chem Soc 134:146-9. 2012..By rational rolling of the 2D origami template, the AuNPs can be automatically arranged in a helical geometry, suggesting the possibility of achieving engineerable chiral nanomaterials in the visible range...
- A stereoselective inverting sec-alkylsulfatase for the deracemization of sec-alcoholsMarkus Schober
Department of Chemistry, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, University of Graz, Heinrichstrasse 28, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Org Lett 13:4296-9. 2011..The latter could be converted into (S)-sec-alcohols as the sole product in up to >99% ee via a chemoenzymatic deracemization protocol on a preparative scale...
- Stereoselective kinetics of warfarin binding to human serum albumin: effect of an allosteric interactionIlona Fitos
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Chemistry, Chemical Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Chirality 14:442-8. 2002..In accordance with the low molar intrinsic fluorescence determined for the stable ternary complex, the amplitude of the decline in fluorescence became larger...
- An aldol-based build/couple/pair strategy for the synthesis of medium- and large-sized rings: discovery of macrocyclic histone deacetylase inhibitorsLisa A Marcaurelle
Chemical Biology Platform, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, United States
J Am Chem Soc 132:16962-76. 2010..The development of stereo-structure/activity relationships was made possible by screening all 16 stereoisomers of the macrolactams produced through the aldol-based B/C/P strategy...
- Manipulating the stereoselectivity of limonene epoxide hydrolase by directed evolution based on iterative saturation mutagenesisHuabao Zheng
Max Planck Institut für Kohlenforschung, Kaiser Wilhelm Platz 1, 45470 Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 132:15744-51. 2010..In order to explain some of the stereoselective consequences of the observed mutations, a simple model based on molecular dynamics simulations has been proposed...
- Rational assignment of key motifs for function guides in silico enzyme identificationMatthias Höhne
Department of Biotechnology and Enzyme Catalysis, Institute of Biochemistry, Greifswald University, Greifswald, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 6:807-13. 2010..Using this in silico approach, we have discovered 17 (R)-selective amine transaminases, which catalyzed the synthesis of several (R)-amines with excellent optical purity up to >99% enantiomeric excess...
- Mechanism of binding of warfarin enantiomers to recombinant domains of human albuminS M Twine
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 414:83-90. 2003..These preferences can largely be explained by the domains having different rates for step 2 of the binding process...
- Enantioselective Brønsted acid-catalyzed N-acyliminium cyclization cascadesMichael E Muratore
School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
J Am Chem Soc 131:10796-7. 2009..With doubly substituted enol lactones, high diastereo- and enantioselectivities were obtained, thus providing a new example of a dynamic kinetic asymmetric cyclization reaction...
- Study on the binding of chiral drug duloxetine hydrochloride to human serum albuminXiangping Liu
Department of Analytical Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Eur J Med Chem 45:4043-9. 2010..It was concluded that specific binding position of duloxetine was located in site II, and the B conformation of HSA possibly excelled the N conformation in identifying and binding to enantiomers...
- Gold-catalyzed organic transformationsZigang Li
Department of Chemistry, The University of Chicago, 5735 South Ellis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Chem Rev 108:3239-65. 2008
- Determinants of reactivity and selectivity in soluble epoxide hydrolase from quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics modelingRichard Lonsdale
Centre for Computational Chemistry, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, Cantock s Close, Bristol BS8 1TS, UK
Biochemistry 51:1774-86. 2012..These insights may also provide useful information for the design of novel catalysts for use in the synthesis of enantiopure compounds...
- Protein L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase catalyzes in vivo racemization of Aspartate-25 in mammalian histone H2BGlen W Young
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26094-8. 2005..Because PIMT has numerous substrates in cells, these findings also suggest that D-aspartate may be more common in cellular proteins than hitherto imagined and that its occurrence, in some proteins at least, is independent of animal age...
- Palladium-catalyzed oxidative diarylating carbocyclization of enynesMin Jiang
Department of Organic Chemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Org Lett 14:3538-41. 2012..Control experiments suggest that the reaction starts with an arylpalladation of the alkyne, followed by carbocyclization, transmetalation, and reductive elimination to afford the diarylated product...
- Structural characterization of four prochlorosins: a novel class of lantipeptides produced by planktonic marine cyanobacteriaWeixin Tang
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biochemistry 51:4271-9. 2012..These findings indicate that most, if not all, of the rings in prochlorosins are formed enzymatically by ProcM lanthionine synthetase and not by a nonenzymatic process as previously suggested...
- Asymmetric bioreduction of activated alkenes to industrially relevant optically active compoundsChristoph K Winkler
Department of Chemistry, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, University of Graz, Heinrichstrasse 28, 8010 Graz, Austria
J Biotechnol 162:381-9. 2012....
- Copper-mediated coupling reactions and their applications in natural products and designed biomolecules synthesisGwilherm Evano
Institut Lavoisier de Versailles, UMR CNRS 8180, Universite de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, 45 Avenue des Etats Unis, 78035 Versailles Cedex, France
Chem Rev 108:3054-131. 2008
- Plasmonic circular dichroism of chiral metal nanoparticle assembliesZhiyuan Fan
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
Nano Lett 10:2580-7. 2010..This plasmonic mechanism offers a unique possibility to design colloidal and other nanostructures with strong optical chirality...
- Stereoselectivity of human cytochrome p450 in metabolic and inhibitory activitiesToshiro Niwa
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Showa Pharmaceutical University, Higashi Tamagawa Gakuen, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Drug Metab 12:549-69. 2011..The present information gives insight into the contribution of stereoselectivity to metabolism mediated by P450s and the risk of adverse drug-drug interactions due to stereoselectivity...
- How can (-)-epigallocatechin gallate from green tea prevent HIV-1 infection? Mechanistic insights from computational modeling and the implication for rational design of anti-HIV-1 entry inhibitorsAdel Hamza
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, 725 Rose Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Phys Chem B 110:2910-7. 2006..These results and insights provide a rational basis for future design of novel, more potent inhibitors to block gp120-CD4 binding...
- Structural and functional analysis of A-type ketoreductases from the amphotericin modular polyketide synthaseJianting Zheng
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 0165, USA
Structure 18:913-22. 2010..Together, these results highlight the possibility of region-specific modification of polyketides through active site engineering of KRs...
- Switching from an esterase to a hydroxynitrile lyase mechanism requires only two amino acid substitutionsSantosh Kumar Padhi
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, and the Biotechnology Institute, University of Minnesota, 1479 Gortner Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
Chem Biol 17:863-71. 2010..5. The specificity constant for the lysis of mandelontrile is 13,000-fold faster than the uncatalyzed reaction and only 1300-fold less efficient (k(cat/)K(M)) than hydroxynitrile lyase from rubber tree...
- Chiral metallo-supramolecular complexes selectively recognize human telomeric G-quadruplex DNAHaijia Yu
Division of Biological Inorganic Chemistry, Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Chemistry and Physics, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun, Jilin 130022, China
Nucleic Acids Res 36:5695-703. 2008..The complex is also convenient to synthesize and separate enantiomers. These results provide new insights into the development of chiral anticancer agents for targeting G-quadruplex DNA...
- Simultaneous racemization and isomerization at specific aspartic acid residues in alpha B-crystallin from the aged human lensN Fujii
Discovery Research Division, Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1204:157-63. 1994..We concluded that racemization, isomerization, and oxidation of alpha B-crystallin occur spontaneously in the aging process...
- PNAs grafted with (α/γ, R/S)-aminomethylene pendants: regio and stereo specific effects on DNA binding and improved cell uptakeRoopa Mitra
Division of Organic Chemistry, National Chemical Laboratory, Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 411008, India
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:1198-200. 2011..These are efficiently taken up by cells, with γ(S-am) aeg-PNA being the best in all properties...
- Purification, characterization, gene cloning, and expression of a novel alcohol dehydrogenase with anti-prelog stereospecificity from Candida parapsilosisYao Nie
Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology of Ministry of Education, School of Biotechnology, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi 214122, People s Republic of China
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3759-64. 2007..This enzyme with unusual stereospecificity catalyzes an anti-Prelog reduction of 2-hydroxyacetophenone to (S)-1-phenyl-1,2-ethanediol...
- Palladium-catalyzed oxidative carbocyclization/arylation of enallenesTuo Jiang
Department of Organic Chemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, SE 10691, Stockholm, Sweden
Org Lett 13:5838-41. 2011..The reaction shows wide tolerance toward highly functionalized arylboronic acids and results in a cis addition of two carbon moieties to an olefin in good to excellent yields...
- Indolyne and aryne distortions and nucleophilic regioselectivitesPaul H Y Cheong
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:1267-9. 2010..The regioselectivities found with other arynes are explained on the basis of distortion energies that are reflected in reactant geometries...
- Resolution of praziquantelMichael Woelfle
School of Chemistry, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1260. 2011..The drug is synthesized and administered as a racemate. Use of the pure active enantiomer would be desirable since the inactive enantiomer is associated with side effects and is responsible for the extremely bitter taste of the pill...
- Simultaneous stereoinversion and isomerization at the Asp-4 residue in βB2-crystallin from the aged human eye lensesNorihiko Fujii
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Kumatori cho, Sennan gun, Osaka 590 0494, Japan
Biochemistry 50:8628-35. 2011..Inversion of these Asp residues directly affects the higher order structure of the protein. Hence, this modification may change crystallin-crystallin interactions and disrupt the function of crystallins in the lens...
- A chiral wedge molecule inhibits telomerase activityKen ichi Shinohara
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 132:3778-82. 2010..We propose a new ligand-binding cleft between two telomeric human G-quadruplexes linked by a TTA linker. We found that the cyclic helicene M1 exhibited potent inhibitory activity against telomerase...
- Impact of plasticity and flexibility on docking results for cytochrome P450 2D6: a combined approach of molecular dynamics and ligand dockingJozef Hritz
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Section of Molecular Toxicology, Department of Chemistry and Pharmacochemistry, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Chem 51:7469-77. 2008..We have developed a binary decision tree to decide which protein structure to dock the ligand into, such that each ligand needs to be docked only once, leading to successful SOM prediction in 80% of the substrates...
- Generation of D amino acid residues in assembly of arthrofactin by dual condensation/epimerization domainsCarl J Balibar
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Chem Biol 12:1189-200. 2005....
- Fluorine in medicinal chemistrySophie Purser
The Chemistry Research Laboratory, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford, UK OX1 3TA
Chem Soc Rev 37:320-30. 2008..This tutorial review provides a sampling of renowned fluorinated drugs and their mode of action with a discussion clarifying the role and impact of fluorine substitution on drug potency...
- Natural diversity to guide focused directed evolutionHelge Jochens
Department of Biotechnology and Enzyme Catalysis, Institute of Biochemistry, Greifswald University, Felix Hausdorff Strasse 4, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Chembiochem 11:1861-6. 2010..2) towards 3-PBA-ethyl ester, a significant number of hits with improved rates (up to 240-fold) and enantioselectivities (up to E(true)=80) were identified in these "smart" libraries...
- Insights into peptide nucleic acid (PNA) structural features: the crystal structure of a D-lysine-based chiral PNA-DNA duplexValeria Menchise
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Mezzocannone 6, I 80134 Naples, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12021-6. 2003..The conformational rigidity of PNAs is enhanced by the presence of the chiral centers, limiting the ability of PNA strands to adopt other conformations and, ultimately, increasing the selectivity in molecular recognition...
- Cholesterol depletion results in site-specific increases in epidermal growth factor receptor phosphorylation due to membrane level effects. Studies with cholesterol enantiomersEmily J Westover
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 278:51125-33. 2003..These data suggest that cholesterol most likely affects EGF receptor function because of its physical effects on membrane properties, not through direct enantioselective interactions with the receptor...
- Production of benzylisoquinoline alkaloids in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKristy M Hawkins
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, MC 210 41, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nat Chem Biol 4:564-73. 2008..Our engineered microbial hosts offer access to a rich group of BIA molecules and associated activities that will be further expanded through synthetic chemistry and biology approaches...
- Alteration of lymphocyte trafficking by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor agonistsSuzanne Mandala
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Merck Research Laboratories, Post Office Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Science 296:346-9. 2002..Inhibition of lymphocyte recirculation by activation of S1P receptors may result in therapeutically useful immunosuppression...
- One-pot catalytic enantioselective synthesis of tetrahydropyridines via a nitro-Mannich/hydroamination cascadeDavid M Barber
Department of Chemistry, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3TA, UK
Org Lett 14:5290-3. 2012....
- Ring-closing metathesis/isomerization/Pictet-Spengler cascade via ruthenium/chiral phosphoric acid sequential catalysisQuan Cai
State Key Laboratory of Organometallic Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 345 Lingling Lu, Shanghai 200032, China
Org Lett 14:5022-5. 2012....
- Two distinct pathways of formation of 4-hydroxynonenal. Mechanisms of nonenzymatic transformation of the 9- and 13-hydroperoxides of linoleic acid to 4-hydroxyalkenalsC Schneider
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20831-8. 2001..Slight ( approximately 10%) differences in the observed chiralities from those predicted in the above mechanisms suggest the existence of additional routes to the 4-hydroxyalkenals...
- Stereoselective interaction between tetrahydropalmatine enantiomers and CYP enzymes in human liver microsomesSi Yuan Sun
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis and Drug Metabolism, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Chirality 25:43-7. 2013..Besides, the inhibition of CYP2D6 by (-)-THP may cause drug-drug interaction, which should be considered...
- Chiral plasmonics of self-assembled nanorod dimersWei Ma
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, PRC
Sci Rep 3:1934. 2013..Self-assembled nanorod pairs and "ladders" enable the development of chiral metamaterials, (bio)sensors, and new catalytic processes...
- The experimental Alzheimer's disease drug posiphen [(+)-phenserine] lowers amyloid-beta peptide levels in cell culture and miceDebomoy K Lahiri
Institute of Psychiatric Research, Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, 791 Union Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:386-96. 2007..Posiphen, like phenserine, can lower Abeta via multiple mechanisms and represents an interesting drug candidate for AD treatment...
- Putting chirality to work: the strategy of chiral switchesIsrael Agranat
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Nat Rev Drug Discov 1:753-68. 2002..Indeed, a well-timed chiral switch can offer enhanced therapy and further profitability as a 'line extension' of a major racemic drug with patents that are expiring...
- Chiral recognition of doxazosin enantiomers in 3 targets for therapy as well as adverse drug reactions in animal experimentsDing Zhao
Institute of Chinese Integrative Medicine, School of Pharmacy, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, P R China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 90:1623-33. 2012....
- Identification and quantitation of unique fatty acid oxidation products in human atherosclerotic plaque using high-performance liquid chromatographyE Waddington
Department of Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Anal Biochem 292:234-44. 2001..The quantitation of lipid peroxidation products in plaque may be important given the potential biological activity of these compounds and their possible relationship to plaque pathogenesis and instability...
- The sequence of the enterococcal cytolysin imparts unusual lanthionine stereochemistryWeixin Tang
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Nat Chem Biol 9:157-9. 2013..The stereochemistry is determined by the sequence of the substrate peptide...
- Stabilization of G-quadruplex DNA, inhibition of telomerase activity and live cell imaging studies of chiral ruthenium(II) complexesDongdong Sun
Department of Chemistry, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, PR China
Chemistry 18:4285-95. 2012....
- A substrate-driven approach to determine reactivities of α,β-unsaturated carboxylic esters towards asymmetric bioreductionGábor Tasnádi
ACIB GmbH c o, Biocatalytic Synthesis, University of Graz, Heinrichstrasse 28, 8010 Graz, Austria
Chemistry 18:10362-7. 2012..The alcohol moiety of the ester functionality was found to have a strong influence on the reaction rate. Overall, activities were determined by both steric and electronic effects...
- Determination of the absolute configuration of peptide natural products by using stable isotope labeling and mass spectrometryHelge B Bode
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Molekulare Biotechnologie, Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Max von Laue Strasse 9, 60436 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Chemistry 18:2342-8. 2012....
- On the stereochemistry of 2-hydroxyethylphosphonate dioxygenaseJohn T Whitteck
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Roger Adams Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:4236-9. 2011..As a result, the mechanisms previously proposed for HEPD must be re-evaluated...
- ent-Steroids: novel tools for studies of signaling pathwaysDouglas F Covey
Department of Developmental Biology, Campus Box 8103, Washington Univ in St Louis, School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, United States
Steroids 74:577-85. 2009..systems, references for the preparation of ent-steroids, a short discussion about relevant forms of stereoisomerism and the requirements that need to be fulfilled for the interaction between two molecules to be ..
- Discovery and characterization of small molecule inhibitors of the BET family bromodomainsChun wa Chung
Molecular Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, Stevenage SG5 4HT, UK
J Med Chem 54:3827-38. 2011..X-ray crystal structures of compounds bound into bromodomains of Brd2 and Brd4 elucidate the molecular interactions of binding and explain the precisely defined stereochemistry required for activity...
- The use of a [4 + 2] cycloaddition reaction for the preparation of a series of 'tethered' Ru(II)-diamine and aminoalcohol complexesFung Kei Cheung
The Department of Chemistry, The University of Warwick, Coventry, UKCV4 7AL
Org Biomol Chem 5:1093-103. 2007..The complexes were prepared using a [4 + 2] cycloaddition reaction at a key step in the reaction sequence. This provides a means for the synthesis of catalysts with modifications at specific sites...
- Regiodivergent reactions through catalytic enantioselective silylation of chiral diols. Synthesis of sapinofuranone AJason M Rodrigo
Department of Chemistry, Merkert Chemistry Center, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
Org Lett 13:3778-81. 2011..The utility of this process is highlighted in the efficient enantioselective preparation of a useful synthetic intermediate and the natural product, sapinofuranone A...
- Selective plasma protein binding of antimalarial drugs to alpha1-acid glycoproteinFerenc Zsila
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, Chemical Research Center, Budapest, PO Box 17, H 1525, Hungary
Bioorg Med Chem 16:3759-72. 2008..In case of chloroquine, no significant binding interaction was found either with AAG or HSA. Pharmacological aspects of the results are discussed...
- Extending Pummerer reaction chemistry. development of a strategy for the regio- and stereoselective oxidative cyclization of 3-(omega-nucleophile)-tethered indolesKen S Feldman
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Org Chem 70:6429-40. 2005....
- Stereoselective pharmacokinetics of oxybutynin and N-desethyloxybutynin in vitro and in vivoH Mizushima
Clinical Pharmacology and Biostatistics Department, Sankyo Co, Ltd, 1 2 58, Hiromachi, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 140 8710, Japan
Xenobiotica 37:59-73. 2007..These data indicate that for the stereoselectivity of OXY, the unbound fraction of each OXY enantiomer was a major factor and the metabolism in liver had a minimal effect...
- Stereocomplementary bioreduction of alpha,beta-unsaturated dicarboxylic acids and dimethyl esters using enoate reductases: enzyme- and substrate-based stereocontrolClemens Stueckler
Department of Chemistry, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, University of Graz, Heinrichstrasse 28, 8010 Graz, Austria
Org Lett 9:5409-11. 2007..Cofactor-recycling systems (NADH/FDH/formate, NADH/GDH/glucose or NADPH/G6PDH/glucose-6-phosphate) only worked in presence of a divalent metal ion, such as Ca2+, Mg2+, or Zn2+...
- A water molecule in the stereospecificity pocket of Candida antarctica lipase B enhances enantioselectivity towards pentan-2-olValérie Léonard
Laboratoire de Biotechnologies et Chimie Bio organique, Pôle Sciences et Technologies, FRE CNRS 2766, Batiment Marie Curie, Universite de La Rochelle, Avenue Michel Crepeau, 17042 La Rochelle, Cedex 1, France
Chembiochem 8:662-7. 2007....
- Biochemical characteristics of the novel haloalkane dehalogenase DatA, isolated from the plant pathogen Agrobacterium tumefaciens C58Khomaini Hasan
oschmidt Laboratories, Department of Experimental Biology and Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Kamenice 5 A13, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1881-4. 2011..DatA has a number of other unique characteristics, including substrate-dependent and cooperative kinetics, a dimeric structure, and excellent enantioselectivity toward racemic mixtures of chiral brominated alkanes and esters...
- Quantification of oxidative DNA lesions in tissues of Long-Evans Cinnamon rats by capillary high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry coupled with stable isotope-dilution methodJin Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Riverside, California 92521 0403, United States
Anal Chem 83:2201-9. 2011....
- Theory of circular dichroism of nanomaterials comprising chiral molecules and nanocrystals: plasmon enhancement, dipole interactions, and dielectric effectsAlexander O Govorov
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
Nano Lett 10:1374-82. 2010..The results obtained here can be used to design a variety of hybrid nanostructures with enhanced and tailored optical chirality in the visible wavelength range...
- Novel cis- and trans-configured bis(oxime)platinum(II) complexes: synthesis, characterization, and cytotoxic activityYulia Yu Scaffidi-Domianello
Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Vienna, Wahringer Strasse 42, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Inorg Chem 49:5669-78. 2010..The previously reported observation that the trans geometry yields a more active complex in the case of [PtCl(2)(Me(2)C=NOH)(2)] could be confirmed for at least two structural analogues...
- Computational design of an enzyme catalyst for a stereoselective bimolecular Diels-Alder reactionJustin B Siegel
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 329:309-13. 2010..Designed stereoselective catalysts for carbon-carbon bond-forming reactions should be broadly useful in synthetic chemistry...
- Characterization of the third glutathione S-transferase gene involved in enantioselective cleavage of the β-aryl ether by Sphingobium sp. strain SYK-6Kazuyuki Tanamura
Department of Bioengineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, Niigata, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 75:2404-7. 2011..LigP produced in Escherichia coli revealed enantioselectivity for (-)-(βR)-MPHPV, and ligE and ligP alone contributed to the degradation of (-)-(βR)-MPHPV in SYK-6...
- Regiospecific plasmonic assemblies for in situ Raman spectroscopy in live cellsLiguang Xu
School of Food Science and Technology, State Key Lab of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, Jiangsu, 214122, People s Republic of China
J Am Chem Soc 134:1699-709. 2012..Further studies should include structural optimization of the assemblies for multitarget monitoring of metabolic activity and further increase in complexity for applications in transformative optics...
- Reconfigurable self-assembly through chiral control of interfacial tensionThomas Gibaud
The Martin Fisher School of Physics, Brandeis University, 415 South Street, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Nature 481:348-51. 2012....
- Free energies of binding of R- and S-propranolol to wild-type and F483A mutant cytochrome P450 2D6 from molecular dynamics simulationsChris de Graaf
Division of Molecular Toxicology, Department of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research LACDR, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Biophys J 36:589-99. 2007..Careful inspection of the end-points of the MD simulations involved in this approach, allowed for a molecular interpretation of the observed differences...
- Characterization of a (2R,3R)-2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase as the Saccharomyces cerevisiae YAL060W gene product. Disruption and induction of the geneE Gonzalez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Bellaterra Barcelona, and Spain
J Biol Chem 275:35876-85. 2000..The corresponding enzyme is the first eukaryotic (2R, 3R)-2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase characterized of the medium-chain dehydrogenase/reductase family...
- Stereoselectivity and conformational stability of haloalkane dehalogenase DbjA from Bradyrhizobium japonicum USDA110: the effect of pH and temperatureRadka Chaloupkova
Loschmidt Laboratories, Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
FEBS J 278:2728-38. 2011..Unique catalytic activity and structural stability of DbjA in a broad pH range, combined with high enantioselectivity with particular substrates, make this enzyme a very versatile biocatalyst. Enzyme EC22.214.171.124 haloalkane dehalogenase...
- Identification of three alcohol dehydrogenase genes involved in the stereospecific catabolism of arylglycerol-beta-aryl ether by Sphingobium sp. strain SYK-6Yusuke Sato
Department of Bioengineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, Nagaoka, Niigata 940 2188, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5195-201. 2009..Disruption of the genes indicated that ligD is essential for the degradation of (alphaR,betaS)-GGE and (alphaR,betaR)-GGE and that both ligL and ligN contribute to the degradation of the two other GGE stereoisomers...
- Small molecules that modulate quorum sensing and control virulence in Pseudomonas aeruginosaMargrith E Mattmann
Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1101 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1322, USA
J Org Chem 75:6737-46. 2010..This perspective highlights recent chemical efforts to modulate LuxR-type receptor activity in P. aeruginosa and offers insight into the development of receptor-specific ligands as potential antivirulence strategies...
- Crystal structure of pentaerythritol tetranitrate reductase: "flipped" binding geometries for steroid substrates in different redox states of the enzymeT M Barna
Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
J Mol Biol 310:433-47. 2001..These studies rule out lateral motion of the steroid and indicate that the steroid orientation is "flipped" in different redox states of the enzyme...
- Attractive noncovalent interactions in asymmetric catalysis: links between enzymes and small molecule catalystsRobert R Knowles
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20678-85. 2010..This perspective will outline some recent efforts to elucidate the cooperative mechanisms responsible for stereoinduction in highly enantioselective reactions promoted by noncovalent catalysts...
- Chiral introduction of positive charges to PNA for double-duplex invasion to versatile sequencesTakumi Ishizuka
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo, 153 8904 Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1464-71. 2008..The promotion of double-duplex invasion by the chiral (d) PNA monomer units was ascribed to both destabilization of PNA/PNA duplex and stabilization of PNA/DNA duplexes...
- Enantioselective nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors identified through a multidisciplinary medicinal chemistry approachAndrea Cavalli
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Bologna, Via Belmeloro, 6, I 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Med Chem 48:7282-9. 2005..A satisfactory agreement between experimental and predicted data allowed us to assert that a properly built "enantioselective CoMFA model" might constitute a useful tool for addressing enantioselective ligands design...
- D-amino acid formation induced by a chiral field within a human lens protein during agingN Fujii
Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Kumatori, Sennan, Osaka, 590 0494, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:322-6. 1999..17 to 1.21). This presumably reflects a relaxation of the chiral field that was initially inducing the stereoinversion from the natural L-isomer to the D-isomer...
- Bioreduction of alpha-methylcinnamaldehyde derivatives: chemo-enzymatic asymmetric synthesis of Lilial and HelionalClemens Stueckler
Department of Chemistry, Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, Heinrichstrasse 28, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Dalton Trans 39:8472-6. 2010..The stereochemical outcome of the reduction of alpha-methylcinnamaldehyde using NCR and OYEs 1-3 [previously reported to be (R)] was unambiguously corrected to be (S)...
- Novel anti-Prelog stereospecific carbonyl reductases from Candida parapsilosis for asymmetric reduction of prochiral ketonesYao Nie
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Org Biomol Chem 9:4070-8. 2011..Our study also showed that genomic mining is a powerful tool for the discovery of new enzymes...
- Asymmetric bioreduction of alkenes using ene-reductases YersER and KYE1 and effects of organic solventsYanto Yanto
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Parker H Petit Institute of Bioengineering and Biosciences, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332 0363, United States
Org Lett 13:2540-3. 2011..The effects of organic solvents on enzyme activity and stereoselectivity were outlined in this study, where two-phase systems hexane and toluene are shown to sustain bioreduction efficiency even at high organic solvent content...
- Structural basis for inhibition of Eg5 by dihydropyrimidines: stereoselectivity of antimitotic inhibitors enastron, dimethylenastron and fluorastrolHung Yi Kristal Kaan
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Med Chem 53:5676-83. 2010..We showed that one of these inhibitors may have the potential to overcome susceptibility to this efflux pump and hence overcome common resistance associated with tubulin-targeting drugs...
- Purification and characterization of an enantioselective arylacetonitrilase from Pseudomonas putidaAnirban Banerjee
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, 160 062, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
Arch Microbiol 184:407-18. 2006....
- Antioxidant Lignans from the Fruits of Broussonetia papyriferaRen Qiang Mei
State Key Laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 72:621-5. 2009..8, 156.3, 273.9, 281.1, and 60.9 microM, respectively...
- Characterization and mechanistic studies of type II isopentenyl diphosphate:dimethylallyl diphosphate isomerase from Staphylococcus aureusWilliam Kittleman
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Biochemistry 46:8401-13. 2007..Taken together, these studies appear to support a catalytic mechanism in which the reduced flavin coenzyme mediates a single electron transfer to and from the IPP substrate during catalysis...
- Synthesis and evaluation of novel heterocyclic inhibitors of GSK-3Terrence L Smalley
Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Inc, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:2091-4. 2006....
- Using a water-immiscible ionic liquid to improve asymmetric reduction of 4-(trimethylsilyl)-3-butyn-2-one catalyzed by immobilized Candida parapsilosis CCTCC M203011 cellsWen Yong Lou
State Key Laboratory of Pulp and Paper Engineering, College of Light Industry and Food Sciences, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, PR China
BMC Biotechnol 9:90. 2009....
- Stereoselective synthesis and antifungal activity of (Z)-trans-3-azolyl-2-methylchromanone oxime ethersSaeed Emami
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, PO Box 48175 861 Sari, Iran
Bioorg Med Chem 12:5881-9. 2004..Many of these derivatives exhibit high activity against Candida albicans, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Aspergillus niger, and Microsporum gypseum...
- The novel proapoptotic activity of nonnatural enantiomer of LentiginosineBeatrice Macchi
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata Via Montpellier 1 Rome 00133 and IRCCS S Lucia, Via Ardeatina 300 00100 Rome, Italy
Glycobiology 20:500-6. 2010....
- The determination of the absolute configurations of chiral molecules using vibrational circular dichroism (VCD) spectroscopyPhilip J Stephens
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0482, USA
Chirality 20:643-63. 2008..The power of VCD spectroscopy in determining ACs, even for large organic molecules and for substantially conformationally-flexible organic molecules is clearly documented...
- REDUCED DRUG INTERACTIONS OF AZOLE ANTIFUNGAL DRUGSJoseph Gal; Fiscal Year: 2003..safer azole antifungal agents, and the proposed studies will, by addressing the fundamental aspects of the stereoisomerism of the two drugs, define efficacious antifungal agents that are less prone to drug interactions based on ..
- MECHANISMS OF NUCLEOSIDES INDUCED TOXICITY AND ACTIVITYMAHMOUD EL KOUNI; Fiscal Year: 2000..The impact of stereoisomerism of the beta-enantomers of purine analogs on their cellular metabolism as well as their interaction with the ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF NONPEPTIDE PROTEASE INHIBITORSArun K Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research integrates organic synthesis, protein-ligand x-ray crystallography, molecular modeling and in-depth virus and cell-biological studies to design the next generation of HIV-1 protease inhibitors. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF LIGAND ASSISTED ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESESArun Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2001..Besides the broad range of scope and generality, this line of research will provide excellent opportunities to teach and train graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory. ..
- New Methodology for Indole Alkaloid SynthesesKen S Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The use of a new variant of the Pummerer reaction to control both oxidation level and reaction site within the indole nucleus forms the basis of this chemistry. ..
- Catalytic Processes for Selective Organic SynthesisGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Carbometalation/cyclization reactions will be explored utilizing organochromium species. 5) Ligands and catalytic systems designed for asymmetric synthesis will be explored. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE TEDANOLIDES, CYTOTOXIC POLYPROPIONATESMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Chemical and Biological Studies on Biaryl PhenolicsKen Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The search for selective 20S proteosome inhibitors among the Ntn-type proteases will be advanced by these investigations. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- Alkynyliodonium Salts and Derived Diyls in SynthesisKen Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- Agilent 5973 GC/MS SystemGARY MOLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our current lack of such instrumentation negatively affects the ability to carry out many of these studies. This critical capability, in the form of an instrument for everyday analysis, is urgently needed. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Light activated bioactive substrate releaseRICHARD GIVENS; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN ORAL DRUG FOR SMALLPOX TREATMENTGeorge Painter; Fiscal Year: 2007..Upon FDA approval, a Phase I trial will be initiated to evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of a single, escalating dose in human volunteers. ..
- FOLATE AMINOBORONIC ACIDS AS TARGETED ANTI-CANCER AGENTSVENKATRAM MEREDDY; Fiscal Year: 2008..These molecules could act as targeted molecules for folate receptor overexpressing cancer lines and may be useful for especially for the treatment of metastasized and relapsed cancers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chemokine receptor CCR5 antagonists as novel anti-HIV agentsYan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Desferrithiocin Analogue Actinide Decorporation AgentsRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Nanoscale-Natural Products ChemistryTADEUSZ MOLINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Prevention of Oral Cancer by Tea: A mechanism StudyFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will elucidate the mechanisms for the inhibition of oral cancer insmokers by tea and verify the protective role of tea drinking against human cancers. ..
- ANTIFUNGALS FROM MARINE INVERTEBRATES--AIDS ADJUVANTSTadeusz F Molinski; Fiscal Year: 2010..Optimized leads identified from those libraries will be advanced to in vitro and in vivo trials. ..
- Total Synthesis of Anti-Cancer Natural ProductsPhil S Baran; Fiscal Year: 2010..New strategies and methods in chemistry and substantial contributions to medicine are anticipated through strategic collaborations with several leaders in the field of cancer biology. ..
- ENALS IN TUMORIGENESISFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide insight into the significance of cyclic dG modifications as a class of endogenous DNA lesions in apoptosis and shed light on the mechanisms by which omega-3 fatty acids protect against colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Methylphenidate-Ethanol Interactions in ADHD and Co-abuseKENNERLY SEXTON PATRICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..For instance, ETOH induced elevation of plasma MPH may predispose a patient to cardiovascular accidents in the absence of informed treatment interventions. ..
- NEW RHODIUM-CATALYZED ALLYLIC ALKYLATION REACTIONSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of a temporary silicon-tethered (TST) rhodium-catalyzed [4+2+2] carbocyclization approach to the diterpene, epoxydictymene. ..
- NOVEL OXYGENATIONS OF ARACHIDONIC ACIDALAN BRASH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will develop new insights into the biochemistry of mammalian cyclooxygenases and as a consequence have practical benefits in development of therapeutics. ..
- Synthesis of the myrmicarin family of natural productsScott Snyder; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Methylphenidate-Ethanol Interaction in ADHD and CoabuseKennerly Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., dextroamphetamine vs. MPH; dI-MPH vs. d-MPH; immediate-release MPH vs. extended-release MPH; or adjustment of MPH. ..
- Chemistry & Mechanisms of Tea in Disease PreventionFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Funds are sought to defray the costs of invited speakers at the oral symposium session. ..
- STEREOSELECTIVE SYNTHESIS OF CYCLIC ETHERSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will examine a series bismuth-catalyzed bis-reductive etherification reactions for the construction of linear fused polycyclic ethers. ..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Bioactive Chiral AminesGREGORY FRIESTAD; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the long term, these endeavors will advance the art and science of synthetic organic chemistry toward the ideal of efficiency, a long-term goal which remains mostly inaccessible in syntheses of complex natural products. ..
- IRON CHELATORS PREDICATED ON DESFERRITHIOCINRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ENZYME CATALYSIS OF ELECTRON AND GROUP TRANSFERPERRY FREY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The contributions of beta- amino acids produced by lysine 2,3-aminomutase and arginine 2,3-aminomutase to the functions of antibiotics are not known. The beta-aminoacids may become significant in drug development. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ENZYMATIC REACTIONSPERRY FREY; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NOVEL PROBES FOR IMMUNOPHILIN MEDIATED CELL CONTROLTADEUSZ MOLINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..5. To understand how modulation of the FKBP12/ryanodine receptor complex by bastadins influences cellular growth and differentiation using the BC3H1 cell line as model. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGICAL ROLE OF 12-R-LIPOXYGENASEALAN BRASH; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Intramolecular Metal-Catalyzed Alkene (2+2}CycloadditionMICHAEL KRISCHE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Spatol's antimitotic activity is attributed to inhibition of microtubule assembly. Finally, strategies for development of enantioselective variants of this methodology are outlined. ..
- Oxidative Coupling in Natural Product SynthesisPhil Baran; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Biophysical and Biochemical Studies of the p75/A-beta interactionJames Stroud; Fiscal Year: 2007..The hope is to better understand this debilitating disease and pave the way for the development of new therapeutics for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natural Product Antitumor Inducers of ApoptosisTADEUSZ MOLINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Amino Acids and Amino Phosphonic AcidsFRANKLIN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The photodesulfmylation of sulfinamides represents an important new protocol, not requiring acids or bases, for the removal of the valuable amine N-sulfinyl protecting group. ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- Activated Sugars for Drug DiscoveryRyan Woodyer; Fiscal Year: 2006..These sugars can be used to make derivatives of natural products with new therapeutic properties, for example, antibiotics that are effective against antibiotic-resistant bacteria. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- Chemical Mechanism of Guanine DeaminationRainer Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2003..5. The computational studies will include studies of the bimolecular reaction mechanisms for dediazoniation of the nucleobase diazonium ions. ..
- Distribution of PCB AtropisomersHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long term career goal is to establish Dr. Lehmler as an investigator with independent research status and funding. ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Perfluorocarbon Materials As Drug Delivery VehiclesHans Joachim Lehmler; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..