Genomes and Genes
Summary: The process of converting an acid into an alkyl or aryl derivative. Most frequently the process consists of the reaction of an acid with an alcohol in the presence of a trace of mineral acid as catalyst or the reaction of an acyl chloride with an alcohol. Esterification can also be accomplished by enzymatic processes.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- High-yield synthesis of wax esters catalysed by modified Candida rugosa lipaseM H Guncheva
Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Biotechnol Lett 30:509-12. 2008Candida rugosa lipase (CRL) was applied in a non-solvent esterification reaction to yield twelve wax esters. All products were obtained in nearly 100% yield for 10 h at 50 degrees C when immobilized PEG(2000)-activated C...
- Cell wall components and pectin esterification levels as markers of proliferation and differentiation events during pollen development and pollen embryogenesis in Capsicum annuum LIvett Bárány
Plant Development and Nuclear Architecture group, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CIB, CSIC, E 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Exp Bot 61:1159-75. 2010..The wall changes reported are characteristic of proliferation and differentiation events as markers of these processes that take place during pollen development and embryogenesis...
- Microdiesel: Escherichia coli engineered for fuel productionRainer Kalscheuer
, , Corrensstrasse 3, , Germany
Microbiology 152:2529-36. 2006..By this approach, ethanol formation was combined with subsequent esterification of the ethanol with the acyl moieties of coenzyme A thioesters of fatty acids if the cells were cultivated ..
- Overexpression of carnitine palmitoyltransferase I in skeletal muscle in vivo increases fatty acid oxidation and reduces triacylglycerol esterificationClinton R Bruce
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1231-7. 2007..05). These studies demonstrate that acute overexpression of CPT I in muscle leads to a repartitioning of FAs away from esterification and toward oxidation and highlight the importance of CPT I in regulating muscle FA metabolism.
- The molecular basis of lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase deficiency syndromes: a comprehensive study of molecular and biochemical findings in 13 unrelated Italian familiesLaura Calabresi
Center E Grossi Paoletti, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milano, 20133 Milan, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1972-8. 2005..To better understand the role of lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) in lipoprotein metabolism through the genetic and biochemical characterization of families carrying mutations in the LCAT gene...
- Sterol esterification in yeast: a two-gene processH Yang
Institute of Human Nutrition, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, 10032, USA
Science 272:1353-6. 1996..With the use of a consensus sequence to the yeast and human genes, an additional number of the ACAT gene family was identified in humans...
- Restricted cell elongation in Arabidopsis hypocotyls is associated with a reduced average pectin esterification levelPaul Derbyshire
Department of Metabolic Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
BMC Plant Biol 7:31. 2007..Dicotyledonous primary (growing) cell walls contain cellulose, xyloglucan, pectin and proteins, but little is known about how each polymer class contributes to the cell wall mechanical properties that control extensibility...
- Deficiency in ethanolamine plasmalogen leads to altered cholesterol transportNatalie J Munn
Department of Physiology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Lipid Res 44:182-92. 2003..Future work must determine the precise role that plasmalogens have on cholesterol transport to the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Fractional esterification rate of cholesterol and ratio of triglycerides to HDL-cholesterol are powerful predictors of positive findings on coronary angiographyJiri Frohlich
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Healthy Heart Program Lipid Clinic, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Clin Chem 49:1873-80. 2003..we assessed the value of the ratio of plasma triglyceride (TGs) to HDL-cholesterol (HDL-C) and the fractional esterification rate of cholesterol in plasma depleted of apolipoprotein B (apoB)-containing lipoproteins (FER(HDL)), a ..
- In situ alkaline transesterification of cottonseed oil for production of biodiesel and nontoxic cottonseed mealJunfeng Qian
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
Bioresour Technol 99:9009-12. 2008..The free and total gossypol contents in the cottonseed meal obtained from in situ alkaline transesterification were far below the FAO standard. And the nontoxic cottonseed meal could be used as animal protein feed resources...
- Apple procyanidins decrease cholesterol esterification and lipoprotein secretion in Caco-2/TC7 enterocytesRomain Vidal
, , 75006 Paris, France
J Lipid Res 46:258-68. 2005..Our results clearly demonstrate that apple, but not wine, polyphenol extract dose-dependently decreases the esterification of cholesterol and the enterocyte secretion of lipoproteins...
- Anaerobic co-digestion of glycerol and wastewater derived from biodiesel manufacturingJ A Siles
Departamento de Química Inorgánica e Ingeniería Química, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cordoba, Campus Universitario de Rabanales, Cordoba, Spain
Bioresour Technol 101:6315-21. 2010..55 mL CH(4)/(g VSS g COD h). The results showed that anaerobic co-digestion reduces the clean water and nutrient requirement, with the consequent economical and environmental benefit...
- Hydrogenated fat consumption affects acylation-stimulating protein levels and cholesterol esterification rates in moderately hypercholesterolemic womenN R Matthan
Cardiovascular Nutrition Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Lipid Res 42:1841-8. 2001To determine whether hydrogenated fat consumption alters triglyceride metabolism and cholesterol esterification rates, 14 women (65-71 years of age) were provided with each of four diets for 5-week periods according to a randomized cross-..
- Production and characterization of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate from biodiesel-glycerol by Burkholderia cepacia ATCC 17759Chengjun Zhu
Dept of Environmental and Forest Biology, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Biotechnol Prog 26:424-30. 2010..1)H-NMR revealed that molecular masses decreased due to the esterification of glycerol with PHB resulting in chain termination (end-capping)...
- Improved enrichment strategies for phosphorylated peptides on titanium dioxide using methyl esterification and pH gradient elutionEric S Simon
National Resource for Proteomics and Pathways, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Anal Biochem 377:234-42. 2008..However, we also discovered several novel sites of partial phosphorylation at S46, T47, T165, and Y168 when ion-suppressing nonphosphorylated peptides were eliminated using the new protocols...
- Rational design of Pseudozyma antarctica lipase B yielding a general esterification catalystDanni Liu
Institute of Technical Biochemistry, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Chembiochem 11:789-95. 2010..Thus the new biocatalysts can be used for efficient transformation of racemic alcohols and esters with high activity when the high stereoselectivity of the wild-type hampers complete conversion of racemic substrates in a short time...
- Effect of water activity and immobilization on fatty acid selectivity for esterification reactions mediated by lipasesC H Lee
Department of Food Science, University of Wisconsin, Babcock Hall, 1605 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 75:219-27. 2001..formerly Pseudomonas) cepacia, Rhizomucor miehei, Candida antarctica (type B), and Candida rugosa lipases in esterification reactions was determined...
- Microencapsulated mycelium-bound tannase from Aspergillus niger: an efficient catalyst for esterification of propyl gallate in organic solventsXiao-wei Yu
Zhejiang University, College of Life Science, Yuquan Campus, Hangzhou 310027, P.R. China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 126:177-87. 2005Microencapsulated Aspergillus niger with mycelium-bound tannase activity was employed to investigate the esterification of propyl gallate from gallic acid and propanol in organic solvents...
- Synthesis of terpinyl acetate by lipase-catalyzed esterification in supercritical carbon dioxideEan Tun Liaw
Department of Food Science, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 91201, Taiwan
Bioresour Technol 101:3320-4. 2010..An esterification extent of 53.0% was obtained in continuous operation using acetic anhydride as acyl donor and C...
- Neuronal cholesterol esterification by ACAT1 in Alzheimer's diseaseTa Yuan Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
IUBMB Life 62:261-7. 2010..between cholesterol and Alzheimer's disease (AD), focusing on a recent study that links neuronal cholesterol esterification with biosynthesis of 24(S)-hydroxycholesterol and the fate of human amyloid precursor protein in a mouse model ..
- Insulin increases FA uptake and esterification but reduces lipid utilization in isolated contracting muscleD J Dyck
Department of Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E600-7. 2001..05), corresponding to enhanced DG (+60%, P < 0.05) and TG (+61%, P < 0.05) esterification, but blunted palmitate oxidation (-38%, P < 0.05) and TG hydrolysis (-34%, P < 0.05)...
- Effects of tryptic peptide esterification in MALDI mass spectrometryTae-Young Kim
Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Anal Chem 77:4185-93. 2005The effect of esterification on MALDI ion yield is investigated by using alcohols having different aliphatic chain lengths...
- Treatment of glycerol phase formed by biodiesel productionMartin Hájek
Department of Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice, Studentska 573, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
Bioresour Technol 101:3242-5. 2010..The process of treatment is easy and environmentally friendly, because no special chemicals or equipment are required and all products are utilizable...
- Esterification of xanthophylls by human intestinal Caco-2 cellsTatsuya Sugawara
Division of Applied Biosciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa Oiwakecho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 483:205-12. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate the enzymatic esterification of xanthophylls, especially peridinin which is uniquely present in dinoflagellates, using differentiated ..
- Fuel selection in Wistar rats exposed to cold: shivering thermogenesis diverts fatty acids from re-esterification to oxidationEric Vaillancourt
University of Ottawa, Department of Biology, 30 Marie Curie, PO Box 450, Station A, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
J Physiol 587:4349-59. 2009..acids (palmitate) are affected similarly, and (3) whether the partitioning between fatty acid oxidation and re-esterification is altered by cold exposure...
- Biodiesel production by heterogeneous catalysts and supercritical technologiesJin Suk Lee
Bioenergy Research Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 101:7191-200. 2010..The current status and challenging issues for these two technologies are, therefore, reviewed in this work as innovative biodiesel production technologies...
- Biodiesel synthesis via esterification of feedstock with high content of free fatty acidsMarcella S Souza
Escola de Quimica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 154:74-88. 2009The objective of this work was to study the synthesis of ethyl esters via esterification of soybean oil deodorizer distillate with ethanol, using solid acid catalysts and commercial immobilized lipases, in a solvent-free system...
- Coordinated regulation of esterification and lipolysis by palmitate, H2O2 and the anti-diabetic sulfonylurea drug, glimepiride, in rat adipocytesGünter Müller
Sanofi Aventis Pharma, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 597:6-18. 2008..the involvement of H2O2 production, GPI-PLC activation and translocation of Gce1 and CD73 in the agent-induced esterification and accompanying lipid droplet formation was tested in rat adipocytes using relevant inhibitors...
- Investigation to biodiesel production by the two-step homogeneous base-catalyzed transesterificationJianchu Ye
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian, China
Bioresour Technol 101:7368-74. 2010....
- Optimization of direct conversion of wet algae to biodiesel under supercritical methanol conditionsPrafulla D Patil
Chemical Engineering Department, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
Bioresour Technol 102:118-22. 2011..vol.) ratio of around 1:9, reaction temperature and time of about 255 °C, and 25 min respectively. This single-step process can potentially be an energy efficient and economical route for algal biodiesel production...
- Suppression of macrophage eicosanoid synthesis by atherogenic lipoproteins is profoundly affected by cholesterol-fatty acyl esterification and the Niemann-Pick C pathway of lipid traffickingAndrew R Leventhal
Department of Medicine and Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:8084-92. 2004..In this study, we first show that the cholesterol-fatty acyl esterification reaction, catalyzed by acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT), competes for the incorporation of ..
- Effect of clofibrate administration on the esterification and deesterification of steroid hormones by liver and extrahepatic tissues in ratsShiyao Xu
Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Chemical Biology, College of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854-8020, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 63:985-92. 2002Treatment of rats with clofibrate markedly stimulated the liver microsomal esterification of estradiol, testosterone, pregnenolone, dehydroepiandrosterone, and corticosterone by acyl-CoA:steroid acyltransferase...
- Treatment of biodiesel production wastes with simultaneous electricity generation using a single-chamber microbial fuel cellYujie Feng
State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resource and Environment, Harbin Institute of Technology, No 73 Huanghe Road, Nangang District, Harbin 150090, China
Bioresour Technol 102:411-5. 2011..Coulombic efficiencies (CEs) increased from 8.8 ± 0.6% with carbon cloth anode to 10.4 ± 0.9% and 18.7 ± 0.9% with carbon brush anode and heat-treated carbon brush anode, respectively...
- Biological treatment of wastewater discharged from biodiesel fuel production plant with alkali-catalyzed transesterificationKen Ichiro Suehara
Department of Information Machines and Interfaces, Faculty of Information Sciences, Hiroshima City University, 3 4 1 Ohzukahigashi, Asaminami ku, Hiroshima 731 3194, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 100:437-42. 2005..This treatment system is simple because no controllers, except for a temperature, are necessary. These results suggest that the biological treatment system developed for BDF wastewater is useful for small-scale BDF production plants...
- Fatty acid esterification in the yolk sac membrane of the avian embryoK A Powell
Avian Science Research Centre, SAC, Auchincruive, Ayr, KA6 5HW, UK
J Comp Physiol [B] 174:163-8. 2004..the published morphological evidence supports the view that the lipid undergoes a cycle of hydrolysis and re-esterification during translocation across the YSM...
- Antiprion activity of cholesterol esterification modulators: a comparative study using ex vivo sheep fibroblasts and lymphocytes and mouse neuroblastoma cell linesAlessandra Pani
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Cagliari, 09042 Monserrato, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:4141-7. 2007..These data confirm our hypothesis that abnormal accumulation of cholesterol esters may represent a biological marker of susceptibility to prion infection/replication and a novel molecular target of potential clinical importance...
- Tri16 is required for esterification of position C-8 during trichothecene mycotoxin production by Fusarium sporotrichioidesAndrew W Peplow
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:5935-40. 2003..We also report the presence of a Tri16 ortholog in Gibberella pulicaris R-6380 that is likely linked to a presumably inactive ortholog for Tri1...
- Wall-associated kinase WAK1 interacts with cell wall pectins in a calcium-induced conformationAnnabelle Decreux
FUNDP, Unité de Recherche en Biologie Végétale, 61 rue de Bruxelles, 5000 Namur, Belgium
Plant Cell Physiol 46:268-78. 2005..The relevance of this non-covalent link between WAK(67-254) and cell wall pectins is discussed in terms of cell elongation, cell differentiation and host-pathogen interactions...
- Identification of phosphopeptides by MALDI Q-TOF MS in positive and negative ion modes after methyl esterificationChong-Feng Xu
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:809-18. 2005..Our method entails neutralizing negative charges on acidic groups of nonphosphorylated peptides by methyl esterification before mass spectrometry in positive and negative ion modes...
- Different kinetics of cholesterol delivery to components of the cholesterol homeostatic machinery: implications for cholesterol trafficking to the endoplasmic reticulumIka Kristiana
BABS, School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Biosciences Building D26, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2052, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:724-30. 2008..Du, Y.H. Pham and A.J. Brown, Effects of 25-hydroxycholesterol on cholesterol esterification and SREBP processing are dissociable: implications for cholesterol movement to the regulatory pool in the ..
- Arabidopsis phyllotaxis is controlled by the methyl-esterification status of cell-wall pectinsAlexis Peaucelle
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, INRA Centre de Versailles Grignon, Versailles, France
Curr Biol 18:1943-8. 2008..the formation of flower primordia in the Arabidopsis shoot apical meristem is accompanied by the de-methyl-esterification of pectic polysaccharides in the cell walls...
- Naturally occurring esterification reactions with bryostatinGiso Abadi
Chemistry and Pharmacy, Sunderland University, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Nat Prod Res 22:865-78. 2008..A second set of measurements suggest bryostatin can be hydrolyzed by water, a reaction that has significant implications in both medicinal applications and extraction procedures...
- Elucidation of pectin methylester distributions by capillary electrophoresisMartin A K Williams
Unilever Research and Development Colworth, Colworth House, Sharnbrook, MK44 1LQ Bedford, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 51:1777-81. 2003....
- Acyloxymethyl esterification of nodularin-R and microcystin-LA produces inactive protoxins that become reactivated and produce apoptosis inside intact cellsLars Herfindal
Translational Signaling Group, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
J Med Chem 52:5758-62. 2009We report the esterification of the carboxyl groups of the cyclic peptide toxins nodularin-R and microcystin-LA to produce stable diacetoxymethyl and dipropionyloxymethyl ester derivatives...
- Enzymatic esterification of starch using recovered coconut oilAkhila Rajan
Polymer Section, Chemical Science Division, Regional Research Laboratory CSIR, Trivandrum, India
Int J Biol Macromol 39:265-72. 2006Modification of maize and cassava starches was done using recovered coconut oil and microbial lipase. Microwave esterification was advantageous as it gave a DS 1.55 and 1.1 for maize starch and cassava starch, respectively...
- Regulation of the enzymes of hepatic microsomal triacylglycerol lipolysis and re-esterification by the glucocorticoid dexamethasoneVernon W Dolinsky
Department of Biochemistry and CIHR Group on the Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
Biochem J 378:967-74. 2004..Intracellular stored TAG (triacylglycerol) undergoes an initial lipolysis followed by re-esterification of the lipolytic products to form TAG prior to their incorporation into a VLDL particle...
- Haptoglobin binds apolipoprotein E and influences cholesterol esterification in the cerebrospinal fluidAlfonso Salvatore
Dipartimento delle Scienze Biologiche Università di Napoli Federico II, Mezzocannone, Napoli, Italia
J Neurochem 110:255-63. 2009..which is involved in stimulating the enzyme lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) for cholesterol esterification. This binding was shown to protect ApoA-I against hydroxyl radicals, thus preventing loss of ApoA-I function ..
- Decreased hepatic accumulation and enhanced esterification of cholesterol in mice deficient in mdr1a and mdr1b P-glycoproteinsG D Luker
Laboratory of Molecular Radiopharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 S. Kingshighway Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Lipid Res 42:1389-94. 2001..wild-type and mdr1a(-/)-/1b(-/)- mice to determine whether class I Pgp affects cholesterol absorption and esterification in vivo...
- Methyl esterification assisted MALDI FTMS characterization of the orcokinin neuropeptide familyMingming Ma
School of Pharmacy and Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 Highland Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 2222, USA
Anal Chem 79:673-81. 2007Methyl esterification of a peptide converts carboxylic acids, such as those present on the side chains of aspartic (D) and glutamic acid (E) as well as the free carboxyl terminus, to their corresponding methyl esters...
- Enzymatic modification of cassava starch by bacterial lipaseAkhila Rajan
Polymer Section, Chemical Science Division, Regional Research Laboratory (CSIR, Trivandrum, 695 019, India
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 29:65-71. 2006..Reactions performed with palmitic acid by liquid-state and microwave esterification gave a degree of substitution (DS) of 62.08% (DS 1.45) and 42.06% (DS 0.98), respectively...
- Comparison of two-phase lipase-catalyzed esterification on micro and bench scaleJan W Swarts
Wageningen University and Research Centre, Food and Bioprocess Engineering Group, Bomenweg 2, 6703 HD Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:855-61. 2008Lipase type B from Candida antarctica was used to catalyze the esterification of propionic acid and 1-butanol in a water/n-decane two-phase system on micro and on bench scale...
- Deficiency of adenosine kinase activity affects the degree of pectin methyl-esterification in cell walls of Arabidopsis thalianaL A R Pereira
Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Planta 224:1401-14. 2006Pectin methyl-esterification is catalysed by S-adenosyl-L: -methionine (SAM)-dependent methyltransferases. As deficiency in adenosine kinase (ADK; EC 2.7.1...
- Dynamin is involved in endolysosomal cholesterol delivery to the endoplasmic reticulum: role in cholesterol homeostasisPeggy Robinet
, UFR de Pharmacie, , Paris, France
Traffic 7:811-23. 2006..Our data therefore indicate that dynamin plays a critical role in the delivery of cholesterol from the LE/lysosomal network to the ER and highlight the importance of LE trafficking in cholesterol homeostasis...
- Anticytomegaloviral activity of esterified milk proteins and L-polylysinesJean Marc Chobert
UR 1268 Biopolymeres Interactions Assemblages, INRA, équipe Fonctions et Interactions des Protéines Laitières, Nantes, France
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 13:255-8. 2007..However, the tested basic proteins and polypeptides despite their lower antiviral activities might be potentially quite useful in fight of arising drug resistance activities and the persistence capacities of this virus...
- Reverse cholesterol transport--a review of the process and its clinical implicationsS A Hill
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, Canada
Clin Biochem 30:517-25. 1997....
- Differences in endogenous esterification and retention in the rat trachea between budesonide and ciclesonide active metaboliteKristina Lexmüller
AstraZeneca Research and Development Lund, Lund, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1788-96. 2007..airway retention of BUD, CIC/CIC-AM, fluticasone propionate (FP), and mometasone furoate (MF), and compared esterification of BUD and CIC-AM and its contribution to GC airway retention...
- Delivery of 5-azacytidine to human cancer cells by elaidic acid esterification increases therapeutic drug efficacyBodo Brueckner
Division of Epigenetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1256-64. 2010..Together, these data represent a detailed characterization of the CP-4200 mode of action and suggest that elaidic acid modification improves the therapeutic efficacy of azacytidine...
- Esterification of retinol in rat liver. Possible participation by cellular retinol-binding protein and cellular retinol-binding protein IID E Ong
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Biol Chem 263:5789-96. 1988Retinol bound to cellular retinol-binding protein (CRBP) was available for esterification by liver microsomes in the absence of exogenous acyl donors...
- High-throughput analysis of plasma fatty acid methyl esters employing robotic transesterification and fast gas chromatographyM Athar Masood
Laboratory of Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics, National Institutes on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD, USA
Lipids 43:171-80. 2008..This method is readily scalable to prepare and analyze 200 samples per day (1,000 samples per week) so that large clinical trials can be accommodated...
- Apolipoprotein A-I-dependent cholesterol esterification in patients with rheumatoid arthritisLuisa Cigliano
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Generale ed Ambientale, , Via Mezzocannone 8, Napoli-80134, Italia
Life Sci 77:108-20. 2005..Cholesterol esterification, determined as ratio of cholesteryl esters with cholesterol in high-density lipoproteins, was lower in ..
- Are pectins involved in cold acclimation and de-acclimation of winter oil-seed rape plants?Danuta Solecka
Department of Plant Molecular Biology, Institute of Experimental Plant Biology, University of Warsaw, Miecznikowa 1, 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Ann Bot 101:521-30. 2008....
- Development in lipid analysis: some new extraction techniques and in situ transesterificationA I Carrapiso
Laboratory of Food Technology, Extremadura University, Caceres, Spain
Lipids 35:1167-77. 2000....
- Modulation of the degree and pattern of methyl-esterification of pectic homogalacturonan in plant cell walls. Implications for pectin methyl esterase action, matrix properties, and cell adhesionW G Willats
Centre for Plant Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:19404-13. 2001..We demonstrate that, in addition to blockwise de-esterification, HG with a non-blockwise distribution of methyl esters is also an abundant feature of HG in primary plant cell ..
- Esterification reactions catalyzed by lipases immobilized in organogels: effect of temperature and substrate diffusionM Zoumpanioti
Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
Biotechnol Lett 30:1627-31. 2008..The apparent activation energies were higher for the systems based on agar, independently of the microemulsion used, and lower for the systems based on AOT microemulsions, independently of the polymer used...
- Lipase-catalyzed esterification of palm-based 9,10-dihydroxystearic acid and 1-octanol in hexane--a kinetic studyR Awang
Advanced Oleochemical Technology Centre AOTC, Malaysian Palm Oil Board, Lot 9 and 11, Jalan P 14, Section 10, 43650 Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Biotechnol Lett 26:11-4. 2004The esterification of palm-based 9,10-dihydroxystearic acid (DHSA) and 1-octanol in hexane as catalyzed by lipase from Rhizomucor meihei (Lipozyme IM) followed Michaelis-Menten kinetics...
- Lipase-catalyzed solvent-free transesterification of wood sterolsIRENE MARTINEZ
School of Biochemical Engineering, Catholic University of Valparaiso, Av Brazil 2147, PO Box 4059, Valparaiso, Chile
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 112:55-62. 2004....
- Optimisation of integrated biodiesel production. Part I. A study of the biodiesel purity and yieldGemma Vicente
Departament of Chemical and Environmental Technology, Escuela Superior de Ciencias Experimentales y Tecnología ESCET, Rey Juan Carlos University, 28933 Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
Bioresour Technol 98:1724-33. 2007..Second-order models were obtained to predict biodiesel purity and yield as a function of these variables. The best conditions are 25 degrees C, a 1.3%wt for the catalyst concentration and a 6:1 methanol:sunflower oil molar ratio...
- Lipase-catalyzed glucose fatty acid ester synthesis in ionic liquidsFranka Ganske
Department of Technical Chemistry and Biotechnology, Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Greifswald University, Germany
Org Lett 7:3097-8. 2005..In a solvent system composed of ionic liquid and 40% t-BuOH conversions up to 90% and isolated yields of up to 89% were achieved using fatty acid vinyl esters as acyl donors and commercial CAL-B...
- Optimization of alkyl ester production from grease using a phyllosilicate sol-gel immobilized lipaseAn Fei Hsu
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 E Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Biotechnol Lett 25:1713-6. 2003..Ester yields (60-97%) were highest when using a ratio of reactants of 2 mmol grease to 8 mmol alcohol and the biocatalyst was 10% (w/w) of grease in the presence of molecular sieves...
- Dynamic kinetic resolution of secondary alcohols combining enzyme-catalyzed transesterification and zeolite-catalyzed racemizationYongzhong Zhu
Technische Universitat Munchen, Department of Chemistry, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, 85748 Garching, Germany
Chemistry 13:541-7. 2007..Close to 100 % conversion of the alcohol was achieved within 2 h. If the more common acyl donor, isopropenyl acetate, was used, the enantiomeric excess (ee) of the formed ester was only 67 %, and the reaction was considerably slower...
- Increased enantioselectivity and remarkable acceleration of lipase-catalyzed transesterification by using an imidazolium PEG-alkyl sulfate ionic liquidToshiyuki Itoh
Department of Materials Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Tottori University, 4 101 Koyama Minami, Tottori 680 8552, Japan
Chemistry 12:9228-37. 2006..A similar acceleration was also observed for IL 1-coated Candida rugosa lipase. MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry experiments of the ionic-liquid-coated lipase PS suggest that ionic liquid binds with lipase protein...
- An intensified esterification process of palm oil fatty acid distillate catalyzed by delipidated rice bran lipaseFui Chin Chong
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
ScientificWorldJournal 6:1124-31. 2006An intensified esterification process was operated by circulating 10 l of reaction mixtures, consisting of palm oil fatty acid distillate (PFAD) and glycerol in hexane, through a packed-bed reactor (PBR) filled with 10 kg of delipidated ..
- R-stereopreference analysis of lipase Novozym 435 in kinetic resolution of flurbiprofenHua Yun Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576
Chirality 19:245-9. 2007..antarctica (Novozym 435) was employed in the kinetic resolution of racemic flurbiprofen by enantioselective esterification with methanol...
- Real time measurement and control of thermodynamic water activities for enzymatic catalysis in hexaneI J Kang
Kansas State University, Department of Chemical Engineering, 105 Durland Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-5102, USA
J Biotechnol 119:147-54. 2005The esterification reaction of geraniol with acetic acid catalyzed by immobilized Candida antarctica lipase B was studied in hexane using a pervaporation-assisted batch reactor...
- Enzymatic interesterification of tripalmitin with vegetable oil blends for formulation of caprine milk infant formula analogsC O Maduko
Department of Food Science and Technology, The University of Georgia, Athens 30602 7610, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:594-601. 2007..It was concluded that, unlike the original goat milk and other formulas, the formulated caprine milk with a molar ratio of 1:1 and a 12-h incubation was similar to the fatty acid composition of human milk...
- Lipase-catalyzed synthesis of fatty acid sugar ester using extremely supersaturated sugar solution in ionic liquidsSang Hyun Lee
ERC for Advanced Bioseparation Technology, Inha University, Incheon 402 751, Korea
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:1-8. 2008..By making the glucose concentration in ILs much higher than the solubility through our novel and simple method, the initial rate and conversion of the lipase-catalyzed reaction were significantly improved...
- Effect of acyl donor chain length and substitutions pattern on the enzymatic acylation of flavonoidsM Ardhaoui
, ENSAIA-INPL 2, , 54500 Vandoeuvre, France
J Biotechnol 110:265-71. 2004..of some synthesized esters (esculin and rutin palmitate) show that only monoesters were produced and that the esterification takes place on the primary OH of glucose moiety of the esculin and on the secondary 4"'-OH of the ..
- Preparation of CLA ascorbyl ester with improved volumetric productivity by an ionic liquid-based reaction systemBilian Chen
National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Building 227, DK 2800 KgsLyngby, Denmark
Org Biomol Chem 6:3196-201. 2008..This work has experimentally demonstrated the practicability of achieving efficient reactions of polar compounds at high concentrations in ionic liquids without significant loss of enzyme activity...
- Hydrolytic resolution of (R,S)-naproxen 2,2,2-trifluoroethyl thioester by Carica papaya lipase in water-saturated organic solventsI-Son Ng
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan 70101, Republic of China
Biotechnol Bioeng 89:88-95. 2005....
- A new irreversible enzyme-aided esterification method in organic solventsGünter E Jeromin
Aachen University of Applied Sciences, Campus Jülich, FB 3, Ginsterweg 1, 52428, Julich, Germany
Biotechnol Lett 30:925-8. 2008A new irreversible esterification method for carboxylic acids catalyzed by a lipase from Candida antarctica (Novozyme 435) in organic solvents has been developed...
- Solvent-free lipase-catalyzed preparation of diacylglycerolsNikolaus Weber
Institute for Lipid Research, Federal Research Centre for Nutrition and Food, Piusallee 68 76, D 48147 Munster, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 52:5347-53. 2004..b>Esterification of rapeseed oil fatty acids with Nutrisoft, catalyzed by Lipozyme RM in vacuo at 60 degrees C, also led to ..
- Synthesis of flavor and fragrance esters using Candida antarctica lipaseAraceli Larios
Instituto Tecnologico de Veracruz, UNIDA, Av Miguel A de Quevedo 2779, 91897, Veracruz, Ver, Mexico
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 65:373-6. 2004..10%. Similar results were observed in a study of the alcohol specificity of the enzyme for esterification of acetic and butyric acids with four alcohols: n-butyl, isopentyl, 2-phenylethyl, and geraniol...
- Immobilization of lipases on different carriers and their use in synthesis of pentyl isovaleratesAyten Sagiroglu
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences and Letter, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 34:169-78. 2004..The reaction rates were compared with the rates of esterification with free lipases. The immobilized lipases were found to be very effective in the esterification reaction...
- Immobilization of Candida rugosa lipase on a pH-sensitive support for enantioselective hydrolysis of ketoprofen esterShengdong Zhu
School of Chemical Engineering and Pharmacy, Wuhan Institute of Chemical Technology, Hubei Key Laboratory of Novel Chemical Reactor and Green Chemical Technology, Wuhan 430073, PR China
J Biotechnol 116:397-401. 2005..5-fold and 8.7-fold compared with those of free lipase. After eight catalytic cycles, the immobilized enzyme was still 46% active and its enantioselectivity remained unchanged...
- Preparation of lipophilic alkyl (hydroxy)benzoates by solvent-free lipase-catalyzed esterification and transesterificationK Vosmann
Max Rubner Institut, Piusallee 68 76, Munster, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 80:29-36. 2008..transesterification of various methyl (hydroxy)benzoates with long-chain alcohols than for the corresponding esterification reactions...
- Chemoenzymatic dynamic kinetic resolution of acyloinsPeter Odman
Department of Technical Chemistry and Biotechnology, Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Greifswald University, Soldmannstrasse 16, D-17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Org Chem 70:9551-5. 2005..The conversion of substrate alcohol was 91%, the selectivity toward the product butyrate ester 90%, and the enantiomeric excess of the (S)-product 93% ee...
- Enzymatic esterification of lavandulol--a partial kinetic resolution of (S)-lavandulol and preparation of optically enriched (R)-lavandulyl acetateHannah Cross
York Structural Biology Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5YW, UK
Biotechnol Lett 26:457-60. 2004The asymmetric esterification of the racemic primary alcohol lavandulol was achieved using lipase B from Candida antarctica and acetic acid as acyl donor in 80% yield...
- Synthesis of novel D-glucuronic acid fatty esters using Candida antarctica lipase in tert-butanolBenoît Moreau
Gembloux Agricultural University, Passage des Deportes, 2, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Biotechnol Lett 26:419-24. 2004..n-alkyl esters, a novel class of promising biosurfactants and their corresponding glucose esters with the same side-chain length, were synthesized by direct esterification in a non-aqueous phase (tert-butanol) using an immobilized lipase.
- Production of biodiesel by lipase-catalyzed transesterification of vegetable oils: a kinetics studySulaiman Al-Zuhair
School of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Semenyeh, Malaysia
Biotechnol Prog 21:1442-8. 2005..The proposed model equation can be used to predict the rate of methanolysis of vegetable oils in a batch or a continuous reactor and to determine the optimal conditions for biodiesel production...
- Candida rugosa lipase LIP1-catalyzed transesterification to produce human milk fat substituteAnita Srivastava
Department of Food Science and Technology, Food Science Building, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602-7610, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:5175-81. 2006..Statistically significant (P < 0.05) differences were observed for both enzymes. SL prepared using Lipozyme RM IM may be more suitable for possible use in human milk fat substitutes...
- Enantiodivergent preparation of optically active oxindoles having a stereogenic quaternary carbon center at the C3 position via the lipase-catalyzed desymmetrization protocol: effective use of 2-furoates for either enzymatic esterification or hydrolysisShuji Akai
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1-6, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
J Org Chem 69:2478-86. 2004..These enzymatic desymmetrization reactions were also applicable for other typical symmetrical difuroates 12b and 15b to provide the racemization-resistant products 13b and 16b...
- Chemoenzymatic dynamic kinetic resolutionOscar Pàmies
Department of Physical and Inorganic Chemistry, Rovira i Virgili University, Pl Imperial Tarraco 1, 43005 Tarragona, Spain
Trends Biotechnol 22:130-5. 2004..Here, we outline the different strategies that have been developed for efficient chemoenzymatic DKR, in particular the powerful combination of an enzyme and a metal catalyst...
- Characteristics of immobilized lipase on hydrophobic superparamagnetic microspheres to catalyze esterificationZheng Guo
Department of Biochemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, P. R. China
Biotechnol Prog 20:500-6. 2004..rugosa) on hydrophobic and superparamagnetic microspheres was prepared and used as a biocatalyst to catalyze esterification reactions in diverse solvents and reaction systems...
- Cutinase: from molecular level to bioprocess developmentC M Carvalho
Centro de Engenharia Biologica e Quimica, Instituto Superior Tecnico, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Biotechnol Bioeng 66:17-34. 1999..cutinase forms and the media in which the different types of reactions have been performed, namely hydrolysis, esterification, transesterification, and resolution of racemic mixtures...
- Influence of glucose solubility and dissolution rate on the kinetics of lipase catalyzed synthesis of glucose laurate in 2-methyl 2-butanolMaria Victoria Flores
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde, Thomas Graham Building, 295 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G1 1XL, Scotland, UK
Biotechnol Bioeng 78:815-21. 2002..Experiments with added molecular sieves show that the main reason is the accumulation of product water. In the presence of molecular sieves, 70% of glucose was converted to ester, independent of the initial soluble glucose in the medium...
- Full model for reversible kinetics of lipase-catalyzed sugar-ester synthesis in 2-methyl 2-butanolMaria Victoria Flores
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, University of Strathclyde, Thomas Graham Building, 295 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G1 1XL, Scotland, UK
Biotechnol Bioeng 78:795-801. 2002..This reduced form of a full reversible kinetic model based on the ping-pong bi-bi mechanism is able to describe the complete course of lauroyl glucose ester synthesis. The proposed model provides a good fit for the experimental results...
- Synthesis of optically active vicinal fluorohydrins by lipase-catalyzed deracemizationDörthe Wölker
Organisch Chemisches Institut, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstr 40, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Org Chem 67:3015-21. 2002..trans-2-fluorocycloalkanols 2 both by hydrolysis of the corresponding acetates 3 or chloroacetates 4 and by esterification of the fluorohydrins 2 using vinyl acetate and vinyl chloroacetate, respectively...
- Selection of stabilizing additive for lipase immobilization on controlled pore silica by factorial designC M Soares
, , SP, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 91:703-18. 2001..This immobilized system was used to perform esterification reactions under repeated batch cycles (for the synthesis of butyl butyrate as a model)...
- Synthesis of phosphatidylcholine with defined fatty acid in the sn-1 position by lipase-catalyzed esterification and transesterification reactionDietlind Adlercreutz
Department of Biotechnology, Centre for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, P O Box 124, S 22100, Sweden
Biotechnol Bioeng 78:403-11. 2002..The reaction was carried out either as esterification or transesterification...
- 5-[4-(1-Hydroxyethyl)phenyl]-10,15,20-triphenylporphyrin as a probe of the transition-state conformation in hydrolase-catalyzed enantioselective transesterificationsTadashi Ema
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Org Chem 67:2144-51. 2002....
- Enzymatic kinetic resolution and chemoenzymatic dynamic kinetic resolution of delta-hydroxy esters. An efficient route to chiral delta-lactonesOscar Pàmies
Arrhenius Laboratory, Department of Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Org Chem 67:1261-5. 2002..The former are important building blocks in the synthesis of natural products and biologically active compounds, and the latter is a key intermediate in the synthesis of widely used commercial insecticide Spinosyn A...
- THE YEAST ERGOSTEROL PATHWAYMartin Bard; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition interactions between sterol biosynthetic enzymes and sterol esterification enzymes will also be studied...
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC P450S BY ANTICHOLESTEROL DRUGSTHOMAS KOCAREK; Fiscal Year: 2003..proposal are to (1) define the effects of chemical inhibitors of key steps of the cholesterol biosynthesis and esterification pathways on P450 expression in primary cultured rat hepatocytes, and to relate patterns of gene expression to ..
- COCAINE, ALCOHOL, AND COCAETHYLENE--CLINICAL EFFECTSElinore McCance Katz; Fiscal Year: 2002..alcohol in humans and prospectively demonstrated the formation of cocaethylene, a metabolite formed by ethyl esterification of cocaine which appears to have pharmacological properties similar to cocaine...
- Resolutions in Branched Alkanes using Lipase in BeadsSTEVEN NEAU; Fiscal Year: 2002..of the pharmacologically active enantiomer of a drug that is a racemic mixture, ibuprofen, by enantioselective esterification by a lipase that is free or entrapped in the chitosan bead...
- CYTOCHROMES B: MODELS & PROTEIN STUDIESFrances Walker; Fiscal Year: 1991..Specific studies will involve nmr investigations of the effect of heme propionate esterification on cation binding and charge neutralization in oxidized and reduced cytochrome b5, nmr, epr and ..
- ENZYMES IN PHOSPHATIDIC ACID BIOSYNTHESISHei Sook Sul; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator will also measure fatty acid oxidation and esterification to examine the role of mitochondrial GPAT in lipid metabolism...
- Retinyl Ester Binding Proteins and the Visual CycleRobert Rando; Fiscal Year: 2007..Some of the critical steps include the lecithin retinol acyl transferase (LRAT) mediated esterification of vitamin A using lecithin as the acyl donor to generate hydrophobic all-trans-retinyl esters followed by the ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CHYLOMICRON ASSEMBLYM Mahmood Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2010..acyltransferase (ACAT) 2 and microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) in cholesterol esterification and secretion...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CHYLOMICRON ASSEMBLYM Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2009..acyltransferase (ACAT) 2 and microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) in cholesterol esterification and secretion...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF CHYLOMICRON ASSEMBLYM Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2007..acyltransferase (ACAT) 2 and microsomal triglyceride tarnsfer protein (MTP) in cholesterol esterification and secretion...
- Role of Star Proteins in Bile Acid and Cholesterol MetabolismWILLIAM M contact PANDAK; Fiscal Year: 2010..homeostasis is maintained through the coordinated regulation of cholesterol uptake, synthesis, transport, esterification, secretion, and degradation...
- A Novel Adipocyte Population Arises From Bone Marrow Progenitor CellsDwight J Klemm; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, Aim 4 will test whether ML adipocytes exhibit higher rates of fatty acid uptake, esterification and/or oxidation than conventional white and brown adipocytes...
- Role of Star Proteins in Bile Acid and Cholesterol MetabolismWILLIAM PANDAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..homeostasis is maintained through the coordinated regulation of cholesterol uptake, synthesis, transport, esterification, secretion, and degradation...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF UNIQUE WALL LIPIDS OF MYCOBACTERIAPappachan Kolattukudy; Fiscal Year: 2006..the function of wes genes, a) Express the wes genes and test whether these gene products are involved in the esterification of the methyl branched acids generated by the large synthases to the hydroxyl groups in the ultimate acceptors,..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF UNIQUE WALL LIPIDS OF MYCOBACTERIAPappachan Kolattukudy; Fiscal Year: 2007..the function of wes genes, a) Express the wes genes and test whether these gene products are involved in the esterification of the methyl branched acids generated by the large synthases to the hydroxyl groups in the ultimate acceptors,..
- The altered lipid and protein metabolism of pediatric patients with HIV infectionFarook Jahoor; Fiscal Year: 2010..plasma fatty acid appearance rate in the fasted and fed states, fatty acid oxidation, hepatic fatty acid re-esterification, the concentration and synthesis rates of HDL-apoAl, VLDL-TG and - apoB-100, and lipoprotein lipase activity ..
- The altered lipid and protein metabolism of pediatric patients with HIV infectionFarook Jahoor; Fiscal Year: 2007..plasma fatty acid appearance rate in the fasted and fed states, fatty acid oxidation, hepatic fatty acid re-esterification, the concentration and synthesis rates of HDL-apoAl, VLDL-TG and - apoB-100, and lipoprotein lipase activity ..
- VITAMIN A AND REPRODUCTIONDavid Ong; Fiscal Year: 1993..The metabolism of the internalized retinol will be determined, with particular emphasis on esterification and the possible involvement of a novel enzyme activity, lecithinretinol acyl transferase...