Genomes and Genes
Summary: The mechanical laws of fluid dynamics as they apply to urine transport.
Publications326 found, 100 shown here
- Good urodynamic practices: uroflowmetry, filling cystometry, and pressure-flow studiesWerner Schäfer
International Continence Society Office, Southme Hospital, Bristol, BSIO 5NB, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 21:261-74. 2002..This report focuses on the most common urodynamics examinations; uroflowmetry, pressure recording during filling cystometry, and combined pressure-flow studies...
- The standardisation of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the Standardisation Sub-committee of the International Continence SocietyPaul Abrams
Neurourol Urodyn 21:167-78. 2002
- Population-based survey of urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, and other lower urinary tract symptoms in five countries: results of the EPIC studyDebra E Irwin
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, United States
Eur Urol 50:1306-14; discussion 1314-5. 2006..Estimate the prevalence of urinary incontinence (UI), overactive bladder (OAB), and other lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) among men and women in five countries using the 2002 International Continence Society (ICS) definitions...
- The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function in children and adolescents: report from the Standardisation Committee of the International Children's Continence SocietyTryggve Neveus
Section for Pediatric Nephrology, Uppsala University Children s Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Urol 176:314-24. 2006..We updated the terminology in the field of pediatric lower urinary tract function...
- Accuracy of two noninvasive methods of diagnosing bladder outlet obstruction using ultrasonography: intravesical prostatic protrusion and velocity-flow video urodynamicsHiroyuki Nose
Department of Urology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
Urology 65:493-7. 2005..We assessed the accuracy of two noninvasive, ultrasound methods of diagnosing bladder outlet obstruction (BOO). The potential for the combined methods to enhance the accuracy of diagnosis was also assessed...
- Urodynamics after TURP and HoLEP in urodynamically obstructed patients: are there any differences at 1 year of follow-up?Lorenzo Rigatti
Department of Urology, University Vita Salute Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Urology 67:1193-8. 2006..To compare urodynamic findings after holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) and transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia-related bladder outlet obstruction...
- Does the patient's position influence the detection of detrusor overactivity?Samih Al-Hayek
Bristol Urological Institute, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
Neurourol Urodyn 27:279-86. 2008..The purpose of this review is to examine the best position, when filling the bladder during urodynamics, to demonstrate detrusor overactivity and reproduce the OAB symptoms, when the demonstration of DO might be ..
- Effect of intravesical Resiniferatoxin (RTX) on lower urinary tract symptoms, urodynamic parameters, and quality of life of patients with urodynamic increased bladder sensationApostolos Apostolidis
The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Department of Uro Neurology, Internal mailbox 71, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Eur Urol 50:1299-305. 2006..We investigated the efficacy of intravesical RTX in patients with urgency and frequency due to increased bladder sensation...
- Effect of salt intake on renal excretion of water in humansF J He
Blood Pressure Unit, St George's Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Hypertension 38:317-20. 2001..This would reduce fluid intake in the population by approximately 350 mL/d per person. This would have a large impact on the sales of soft drinks, mineral water, and beer...
- Nerve growth factor in bladder dysfunction: contributing factor, biomarker, and therapeutic targetPeter Ochodnicky
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 30:1227-41. 2011..Moreover, successful experimental therapeutic approaches, such as NGF sequestering proteins or modified NGF antibodies, await the translation to the clinical treatment of bladder disorders...
- Diagnostic accuracy of noninvasive tests to evaluate bladder outlet obstruction in men: detrusor wall thickness, uroflowmetry, postvoid residual urine, and prostate volumeMatthias Oelke
Department of Urology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 52:827-34. 2007....
- Does adenosine triphosphate released into voided urodynamic fluid contribute to urgency signaling in women with bladder dysfunction?Ying Cheng
Department of Urogynaecology, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia
J Urol 183:1082-6. 2010....
- The standardisation of terminology in lower urinary tract function: report from the standardisation sub-committee of the International Continence SocietyPaul Abrams
Bristol Urological Institute, Bristol, United Kingdom
Urology 61:37-49. 2003
- Patient satisfaction with urodynamics: a qualitative studyC Shaw
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Leicester University School of Medicine, Leicester, England
J Adv Nurs 32:1356-63. 2000..It was found that nurses possessed all the attributes required to provide an effective service and recommendations were made that nurses specializing in continence care should take a more active role in urodynamic investigations...
- Retropubic versus transobturator midurethral slings for stress incontinenceHolly E Richter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1700 6th Ave South, Suite 10382, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
N Engl J Med 362:2066-76. 2010..Midurethral slings are increasingly used for the treatment of stress incontinence, but there are limited data comparing types of slings and associated complications...
- Comparison of 20-minute pad test versus 1-hour pad test in women with stress urinary incontinenceWen Yih Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine and National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Urology 68:764-8. 2006..To compare the sensitivity of the 20-minute pad test with that of the 1-hour pad test in women with stress urinary incontinence...
- Molecular clock is involved in predictive circadian adjustment of renal functionAnnie Mercier Zuber
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Lausanne, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16523-8. 2009..Collectively, this study uncovers a major role of molecular clock in renal function...
- Botulinum toxin A (Botox) intradetrusor injections in adults with neurogenic detrusor overactivity/neurogenic overactive bladder: a systematic literature reviewGilles Karsenty
Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Eur Urol 53:275-87. 2008....
- Feasibility of noninvasive near-infrared spectroscopy to diagnose detrusor overactivityFawzy F Farag
Department of Urology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands F Farag uro umcn nl
Urol Int 87:330-5. 2011..Our objective was to determine the feasibility of applying NIRS in the noninvasive diagnosis of detrusor overactivity (DO)...
- Non-invasive techniques in the diagnosis of bladder storage disordersFawzy F Farag
Department of Urology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 30:1422-8. 2011..To review clinical studies thus have been conducted to develop non-invasive diagnostic tools in the storage phase of the micturition cycle...
- Development of a near-infrared spectroscopy instrument for applications in urologyAndrew J Macnab
Department of Urological Sciences, UBC Hospital Bladder Care Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can J Urol 15:4233-40. 2008..Technology and methodology have been validated for measurement of a range of physiologic parameters. NIRS has been applied successfully in urology research; however current instruments are designed principally for brain and muscle study...
- The additional value of ambulatory urodynamic measurements compared with conventional urodynamic measurementsGommert A van Koeveringe
Department of Urology, Maastricht University Medical Centre MUMC, The Netherlands
BJU Int 105:508-13. 2010..To study the additional diagnostic value of ambulatory urodynamic measurements/monitoring (AUM) in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)...
- Clinical study of reconstructed bladder innervation below the level of spinal cord injury to produce urination by Achilles tendon-to-bladder reflex contractionsHaodong Lin
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Changzheng Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
J Neurosurg Spine 10:452-7. 2009..In the present study, the authors analyze the effectiveness of neurogenic bladder reinnervation in patients with SCIs by using Achilles tendon reflexes below the paraplegic level...
- The efficacy of transurethral resection of the prostate in the patients with weak bladder contractility indexDeok Hyun Han
Department of Urology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Urology 71:657-61. 2008..We evaluated the effect of transurethral resection of the prostate (TUR-P) in men with weak bladder contractility who were unresponsive to medical treatment...
- A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgeryCharles W Nager
University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037 1300, USA
N Engl J Med 366:1987-97. 2012..Urodynamic studies are commonly performed in women before surgery for stress urinary incontinence, but there is no good evidence that they improve outcomes...
- Diurnal variation in urodynamics of ratGerald M Herrera
Catamount Research and Development Company, St Albans, Vermont, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12298. 2010..However, in animal models, the daily functional differences in urodynamics have not been well-studied...
- Mixed incontinence: comparing definitions in women having stress incontinence surgeryLinda Brubaker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois 60153, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 28:268-73. 2009..To develop an empirically derived definition of mixed urinary incontinence (MUI) for use in incontinence outcomes research...
- Age and bladder outlet obstruction are independently associated with detrusor overactivity in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasiaMatthias Oelke
Academic Medical Center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands Medical School of Hannover, Germany
Eur Urol 54:419-26. 2008..Detrusor overactivity is one known cause of lower urinary tract symptoms and has been linked to bladder storage symptoms (urgency, frequency, or urge incontinence)...
- Relationship between prostatic urethral angle and urinary flow rate: its implication in benign prostatic hyperplasia pathogenesisKang Su Cho
Department of Urology, Urological Science Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Urology 71:858-62. 2008..The prostatic urethra is a bent tube, and the clinical significance of the prostatic urethral angle (PUA) is poorly understood. We investigated the effect of the PUA on the urinary flow rate in men without benign prostatic obstruction...
- Normative bladder diary measurements: night versus dayMatthew Parsons
Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 26:465-73. 2007..A major objective of this study was to generate age-adjusted reference values against which clinical measurements of nocturia can be compared...
- Is the bladder a reliable witness for predicting detrusor overactivity?H Hashim
Bristol Urological Institute, Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Urol 175:191-4; discussion 194-5. 2006..We determined how well the symptoms of OAB syndrome correlate with urodynamic DO using International Continence Society definitions...
- Tension-free vaginal tape procedure for urinary incontinence with low Valsalva leak point pressureJae Seung Paick
Department of Urology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Urol 172:1370-3. 2004..We evaluated the outcome of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure for stress urinary incontinence with low Valsalva leak point pressure (VLPP) and identified factors predicting the outcome...
- Urodynamic measures do not predict stress continence outcomes after surgery for stress urinary incontinence in selected womenCharles W Nager
University of California, San Diego, California, USA
J Urol 179:1470-4. 2008..We determined the prognostic value of preoperative urodynamic results in patients with stress urinary incontinence...
- Overactive bladder symptoms: do we need urodynamics?G Alessandro Digesu
Department of Urogynaecology, King s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 22:105-8. 2003..The aim of our study was to determine whether the urodynamic diagnosis is useful in the management of women with symptoms of an overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Solifenacin in the treatment of urgency and other symptoms of overactive bladder: results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, rising-dose trialLinda Cardozo
King s College Hospital, Department of Urogynaecology, London, UK
BJU Int 102:1120-7. 2008..To examine the effects of the antimuscarinic agent solifenacin on urinary urgency, using a range of novel and established outcome measures, as urgency is the principal symptom of the overactive bladder syndrome (OAB)...
- Desmopressin in the treatment of nocturia: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyPhilip van Kerrebroeck
Department of Urology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 52:221-9. 2007..To investigate efficacy, safety, and impact on quality of sleep of desmopressin in the treatment of nocturia...
- Urinary bladder hyporeflexia and reduced pain-related behaviour in P2X3-deficient miceD A Cockayne
The Neurobiology Unit, Roche Bioscience, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nature 407:1011-5. 2000..Antagonists to P2X3 may therefore have therapeutic potential in the treatment of disorders of urine storage and voiding such as overactive bladder...
- The association between overactive bladder symptoms and objective parameters from bladder diary and filling cystometryH J van Brummen
Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 23:38-42. 2004..To investigate the association between overactive bladder symptoms and objective parameters from the bladder diary and conventional filling cystometry...
- Could the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence guidelines on urodynamics in urinary incontinence put some women at risk of a bad outcome from stress incontinence surgery?Wael Agur
Bristol Urological Institute, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
BJU Int 103:635-9. 2009..impact of the UK National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) recommendation that preoperative urodynamics are not necessary for women with 'pure symptoms of stress urinary incontinence' (SUI), by using data from a ..
- Pre-operative opening detrusor pressure is predictive of detrusor overactivity following TVT in patients with pre-operative mixed urinary incontinenceD C Panayi
Department of Urogynaecology, St Mary s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 28:82-5. 2009..To determine if specific pre-operative urodynamic parameters could predict detrusor overactivity following TVT in patients with urodynamic mixed incontinence...
- Urodynamic changes induced by the intravaginal electrode during pelvic floor electrical stimulationJulio Resplande
Department of Urology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurourol Urodyn 22:24-8. 2003..The goal of this study was to evaluate whether the intravaginal electrode used to perform vaginal electrical stimulation could induce acute changes on the cystometrograms and urethral pressure profiles (UPP) recordings...
- Validation and comparison of the use of diuresis cystometry and retrograde filling cystometry at various infusion rates in female Beagle dogsAnnick J Hamaide
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Bld de Colonster, 20 B44, Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 64:574-9. 2003....
- Urodynamic measurements by radiotelemetry in conscious, freely moving beagle dogsGerald P McCafferty
Urogenital Biology, Cardiovascular and Urogenital Centre for Excellence in Drug Discovery and Lab Animal Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals RWC, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 181:1444-51. 2009b>Urodynamics have been traditionally recorded in anesthetized or conscious animals implanted with a bladder catheter that is used to artificially fill the bladder while measuring intravesicular bladder pressure...
- Short-term reproducibility of cystometry and pressure-flow micturition studies in healthy womenSoren Brostrom
Department of Gynecology Obstetrics, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurourol Urodyn 21:457-60. 2002..To evaluate the reproducibility of cystometry and pressure flow studies in women. We wanted to explore any clinically relevant effect of repeated, same-session cystometry...
- Urodynamic effect of intravesical resiniferatoxin in patients with neurogenic detrusor overactivity of spinal origin: results of a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trialCarlos Silva
Department of Urology, Hospital S Joao, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Eur Urol 48:650-5. 2005..To access by a placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial the effect of intravesical resiniferatoxin on the urodynamic parameters of patients with neurogenic detrusor overactivity (NDO) of spinal origin...
- Urodynamic evaluation of the bladder and pelvic floorCatherine S Bradley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 37:539-52, vii. 2008..by urodynamic tests, such as cystometry, uroflowmetry, pressure flow studies, electromyography, and video-urodynamics. These urodynamic tests provide objective information regarding the normal and abnormal function of the urinary ..
- Urodynamics in acetone-induced cystitis of anesthetized ratsI Shimizu
Department of Pharmacology 1, Discovery Research Laboratories, Dainippon Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Suita Osaka, Japan
Neurourol Urodyn 18:115-27. 1999..Atropine (10 microg/kg, i.v.) decreased the micturition pressure. These results suggest that cystitis models induced by intravesical instillation of 30% acetone may be valuable for evaluating drugs for the treatment of urinary frequency...
- Urinary symptoms and urodynamics following obstetric genitourinary fistula repairJudith T W Goh
Greenslopes Private Hospital, Ramsay Specialist Centre, Suite 209, Newdegate Street, Greenslopes, QLD, Australia
Int Urogynecol J 24:947-51. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate urinary symptoms and urodynamic diagnoses in women following repair of obstetric fistula of the lower urinary tract...
- Evaluation of phenylpropanolamine in the treatment of urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence in the bitchL Scott
Vétoquinol UK Ltd, Wedgewood Road, Bicester, Oxon OX26 7UL
J Small Anim Pract 43:493-6. 2002..7 per cent of phenylpropanolamine-treated cases had no episodes of unconscious urination compared with 33.3 per cent of placebo-treated cases. This was statistically significant. Few, mild side effects were seen in either group...
- Twenty-minute pad test: comparison of infusion of 250 ml of water with strong-desire amount in the bladder in women with stress urinary incontinenceWen Yih Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Pan Chiao, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 136:121-5. 2008..The objective was to compare the sensitivity of the 20-min pad test by infusion of 250 ml of water with the strong-desire amount in the bladder in women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- Male overactive bladder: the role of urodynamics and anticholinergicsScott MacDiarmid
Alliance Urology Specialists, Bladder Control and Pelvic Pain Center, 509 N Elam, Greensboro, NC 27403, USA
Curr Urol Rep 8:66-73. 2007..b>Urodynamics play a vital role in defining the bladder and/or outlet dysfunction and help direct one's therapy.
- Efficacy and safety of onabotulinumtoxinA in patients with urinary incontinence due to neurogenic detrusor overactivity: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialFrancisco Cruz
Department of Urology and IBMC, Hospital São João and Universidade Do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Eur Urol 60:742-50. 2011..Neurogenic detrusor overactivity (NDO) frequently results in urinary incontinence (UI) which impairs quality of life (QOL) and puts the upper urinary tract at risk...
- Urodynamic and haemodynamic effects of a single oral administration of ephedrine or phenylpropanolamine in continent female dogsStéphanie Noël
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences B44, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet J 192:89-95. 2012..Urethral function was improved after both ephedrine and PPA, and bladder function also improved during micturition following ephedrine...
- Normal preoperative urodynamic testing does not predict voiding dysfunction after Burch colposuspension versus pubovaginal slingGary E Lemack
UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 HarryHines Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
J Urol 180:2076-80. 2008..We determined if preoperative urodynamic findings predict postoperative voiding dysfunction after pubovaginal sling or Burch colposuspension...
- Urodynamic and morphologic changes in the lower portion of the urogenital tract after administration of estriol alone and in combination with phenylpropanolamine in sexually intact and spayed female dogsAnnick J Hamaide
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 67:901-8. 2006..To compare the urodynamic and morphologic effects of the administration of estriol alone and in combination with phenylpropanolamine on the lower portion of the urogenital tract in female dogs...
- Evaluation of an experimental urodynamic platform to identify treatment effects: a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study in patients with overactive bladderTara Frenkl
Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 31:69-74. 2012..To evaluate a urodynamic platform designed to identify treatment effects in small numbers of patients after a short duration of treatment using a medication with known efficacy in overactive bladder (OAB)...
- Ileal orthotopic bladder substitute combined with an afferent tubular segment: long-term upper urinary tract changes and voiding patternPetros Perimenis
Department of Urology, University Hospital of Bern, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Eur Urol 46:604-9. 2004..Assessment of the long-term morbidity of the upper urinary tract and of the voiding pattern in men with an ileal orthotopic bladder substitute with an afferent tubular segment...
- Comparisons of urodynamic effects, therapeutic efficacy and safety of solifenacin versus tolterodine for female overactive bladder syndromeSheng Mou Hsiao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Pan Chiao, Taiwan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:1084-91. 2011..To evaluate the urodynamic effects, therapeutic efficacy and safety of solifenacin versus tolterodine treatment for women with overactive bladder syndrome...
- Functional characterization of a chronic cyclophosphamide-induced overactive bladder model in miceMathieu Boudes
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Neurourol Urodyn 30:1659-65. 2011To describe a new mouse model of overactive bladder (OAB) at the histological level, pain, voiding behavior, and urodynamics, while assessing the physiological state of mice.
- Understanding the elements of overactive bladder: questions raised by the EPIC studyDebra E Irwin
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
BJU Int 101:1381-7. 2008....
- Urodynamics in the management of female stress incontinence--which test and when?Anand K Patel
Department of Urology Research, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Curr Opin Urol 18:359-64. 2008..in the context of our existing knowledge base and reviews the contentious issue of the role of preoperative urodynamics for stress urinary incontinence, with particular reference to the choice of urodynamic investigations for ..
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunction in patients with myelomeningoceleHelmut Madersbacher
Neuro urology unit, Landeskrankenhaus University Hospital, Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Opin Urol 12:469-72. 2002..The general management strategies in children with myelodysplasia are widely accepted, however diagnostic and therapeutic details still need to be discussed and clarified...
- A new pelvic muscle trainer for the treatment of urinary incontinenceAdriana P Schmidt
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 105:218-22. 2009..To describe a new device for home treatment of urinary incontinence (UI) by comparing 3 conservative techniques and monitoring compliance and performance...
- Detrusor resistive index evaluated by Doppler ultrasonography as a potential indicator of bladder outlet obstructionA Belenky
Department of Radiology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Urology 62:647-50. 2003..Experimental studies have shown that BOO is associated with reduced blood flow to the detrusor...
- Complications and neobladder function of the Hautmann orthotopic ileal neobladderJørgen Bjerggaard Jensen
Department of Urology, Skejby Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
BJU Int 98:1289-94. 2006..To report the complications and function of the Hautmann orthotopic ileal neobladder ...
- Bladder substitute reconstructed in a physiological pressure environmentSara Bouhout
Laboratoire d Organogénèse Expérimentale de l Université Laval, Génie tissulaire et régénération LOEX, Centre de recherche FRSQ du Centre hospitalier affilié universitaire de Québec and Département de Chirurgie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
J Pediatr Urol 7:276-82. 2011..The challenge is to reconstruct our model in a more physiological environment, with the use of a bioreactor that mimics the dynamic of bladder filling and emptying, to acquire physiological properties...
- Air charged and microtip catheters cannot be used interchangeably for urethral pressure measurement: a prospective, single-blind, randomized trialPascal Zehnder
Department of Urology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Urol 180:1013-7. 2008..We determined and compared urethral pressure measurements using air charged and microtip catheters in a prospective, single-blind, randomized trial...
- Diagnosis of bladder outlet obstruction in men with lower urinary tract symptoms: comparison of near infrared spectroscopy algorithm and pressure flow study in a prospective studyMurat Yurt
Department of Urology, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 80:182-6. 2012..To investigate the efficacy of near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) and an algorithm on the diagnosis of bladder outlet obstruction in men with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)...
- Solifenacin objectively decreases urinary sensation in women with overactive bladder syndromeLior Lowenstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Health Care Campus, Technion Faculty of Medicine, 6 Ha Aliya Street, 31096 Haifa, Israel
Int Urol Nephrol 44:425-9. 2012....
- Comparison of the cough stress test and 24-h pad test in the assessment of stress urinary incontinenceDanielle Markle Price
University of California, Irvine, Department of Ob Gyn, Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Int Urogynecol J 23:429-33. 2012..The 24-h pad test and cough stress test are commonly used to assess stress urinary incontinence; however, no comparative data are available. The cough stress test is superior to the 24-h pad test...
- Cizolirtine citrate is safe and effective for treating urinary incontinence secondary to overactive bladder: a phase 2 proof-of-concept studyFrantisek Zát'ura
Department of Urology, Olomouc University Hospital, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Eur Urol 57:145-52. 2010..Antimuscarinic agents currently dominate medical treatment for urinary incontinence secondary to overactive bladder (OAB). Alternatives to improve their risk-benefit ratio are welcomed...
- Concordance of near infrared spectroscopy with pressure flow studies in men with lower urinary tract symptomsDoreen E Chung
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
J Urol 184:2434-9. 2010....
- The role of preoperative testing on outcomes after sling surgery for stress urinary incontinenceJennifer T Anger
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine and School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90404, USA
J Urol 178:1364-8; discussion 1368-9. 2007In this study we analyzed Medicare claims data to measure the effect of preoperative urodynamics and cystoscopy on outcomes after sling surgery.
- Can preoperative urodynamic investigation be omitted in women with stress urinary incontinence? A non-inferiority randomized controlled trialS A L van Leijsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 31:1118-23. 2012To assess in women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI) the value of urodynamics prior to treatment.
- The cost-effectiveness of preoperative testing (basic office assessment vs. urodynamics) for stress urinary incontinence in womenA M Weber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh 15213, USA
BJU Int 89:356-63. 2002....
- Avoid cruising on the uroflowmeter: evaluation of cruising artifact on spinning disc flowmeters in an experimental setupSanjai Kumar Addla
Royal Blackburn Hospital, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust, Blackburn, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 29:1301-5. 2010..The aim of our study was to access the variability of maximum flow rate (Q(max)), average flow rate (Q(av)) and flow pattern while varying the point of impact of flow on the flowmeter...
- Effect of selective antagonists of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors on the micturition reflex in ratsLuciano Guarneri
Pharmaceutical R and D Division, RECORDATI S p A, Milano, Italy
BJU Int 102:890-8. 2008....
- Urodynamics and stress urinary incontinence: the dark side of a gold standardPaulo Palma
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:1385-6. 2007
- Fractal dynamics and synchronization of rhythms in urodynamics of female Wistar ratsShyang Chang
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan, ROC
J Neurosci Methods 139:271-9. 2004..fractal structure and synchronization of rhythms are two essential features for concerted systemic functions in urodynamics of female Wistar rats...
- Clinical efficacy of distigmine bromide in the treatment of patients with underactive detrusorDimitrios A Bougas
1st Department of Urology, University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 36:507-12. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the clinical efficacy of distigmine bromide, an anticholinesterase agent, deemed to improve detrusor function thereby restoring normal voiding patterns in patients suffering from detrusor underactivity...
- Bladder outlet physiology in the context of lower urinary tract dysfunctionPrajni Sadananda
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Neurourol Urodyn 30:708-13. 2011....
- Factors predicting early return of continence after radical prostatectomyJaspreet S Sandhu
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Curr Urol Rep 11:191-7. 2010..In addition, various postoperative maneuvers can help hasten urinary continence. This article examines the effect of known factors related to early return of urinary continence after radical prostatectomy...
- Aging and the underactive detrusor: a failure of activity or activation?Phillip P Smith
Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 29:408-12. 2010..To examine the known and potential contributions of motor, sensory, and biomechanical dysfunctions to the clinical problems of detrusor underactivity and detrusor hyperactivity/impaired contractility...
- Urinary incontinence after radical prostatectomy: implications and urodynamicsT J McCallum
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Urol Nurs 21:113-9, 124. 2001OBJECTIVES: The purpose of this study was to evaluate urine loss, quality of life, and urodynamics in men who had urinary incontinence after radical prostatectomy and who were at least 12 months post surgery...
- Urgency: all or none phenomenon?Stefan De Wachter
Department of Urology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 29:616-7. 2010..This overview tries to put the relevant literature on urgency against the question whether urgency is an all or none phenomenon, and summarizes the current views on how urgency is perceived...
- Uroflowmetry in female voiding disturbancesElisabetta Costantini
Urology Department, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Neurourol Urodyn 22:569-73. 2003..This study compares the two methods and analyses the validity of uroflowmetry in female voiding disturbances...
- An ambulatory surgical procedure under local anesthesia for treatment of female urinary incontinenceU Ulmsten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University, Sweden
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:81-5; discussion 85-6. 1996..Prospective long-term studies including more patients are in progress to establish the definitive place of this technique in the clinical routine...
- Utilization of preoperative urodynamic investigations by gynecologists who frequently operate for female urinary incontinencePaul M Duggan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:282-7; discussion 286-7. 2003..There are differences in utilization between subspecialists and generalists that are not explained by access. These observations could be explained by poor understanding or a lack of belief in the value of urodynamic investigations...
- Flow measurements: can several "wrongs" make a "right"?Jennifer Caffarel
Regional Medical Physics Department, Freeman Hospital, and School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 26:474-80. 2007..We hypothesize that the average of a series of relatively coarse measurements of Qmax would be more repeatable and therefore more representative of an individual's voiding function than a single, albeit more precise measurement...
- Proposed urodynamic pressure-flow nomogram to diagnose female bladder outlet obstructionEugenio Di Grazia
Department of Urology, Hospital Tomaselli, Catania Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 76:59-65. 2004To investigate female bladder outlet obstruction by urodynamics and create a nomogram to propose in clinical applications.
- Correlation between urodynamics and perineal ultrasound in female patients with urinary incontinenceD Minardi
Institute of Urology, Polytechnic University of the Marche Region, A O Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy
Neurourol Urodyn 26:176-82; discussion 183-4. 2007We performed urodynamics and perineal ultrasound in female patients with urinary incontinence to assess morphology and function of the bladder base-urethra complex and of the detrusor muscle, and to find the correlation between these ..
- Dysfunctional voiding confirmed by transdermal perineal electromyography, and its effective treatment with baclofen in women with lower urinary tract symptoms: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled crossover trialDanfeng Xu
Department of Urology, Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, China
BJU Int 100:588-92. 2007....
- Urodynamics in a community-dwelling population of females 80 years or older. Which motive? Which diagnosis?Françoise A Valentini
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Int Braz J Urol 36:218-24. 2010..To determine why community-dwelling women aged 80 years or over were referred for urodynamic evaluation despite their advanced age and which urodynamic diagnosis was made...
- Urodynamics in the octogenarian female: is it worthwhile?Stephen J Bromage
Department of Urology, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Int Urogynecol J 21:1117-21. 2010..We hypothesized that urinary symptoms in elderly females correlate poorly with urodynamic diagnosis, which would impact on management...
- Defining the role of urodynamics in predicting voiding dysfunction after anti-incontinence surgery: a work in progressSunshine Murray
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
Curr Opin Urol 20:285-90. 2010To evaluate the role of preoperative urodynamics in predicting postoperative voiding dysfunction in patients undergoing anti-incontinence surgery.
- Comparative efficacy of two alpha-adrenoreceptor antagonists, doxazosin and alfuzosin, in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms from benign prostatic enlargementT M de Reijke
Department of Urology, Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 93:757-62. 2004..To compare doxazosin and alfuzosin in patients with moderate to severe lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) suggestive of bladder outlet obstruction...
- INVESTIGATE-I (INVasive Evaluation before Surgical Treatment of Incontinence Gives Added Therapeutic Effect?): study protocol for a mixed methods study to assess the feasibility of a future randomised controlled trial of the clinical utility of invasive uMegan Murdoch
Directorate of Women s Services, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Trials 12:169. 2011....
- Positioning invasive versus noninvasive urodynamics in the assessment of bladder outlet obstructionMichiel Arnolds
Department of Urology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Urol 19:55-62. 2009..To provide evidence of promising tests to noninvasively diagnose bladder outlet obstruction (BOO) in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- The natural history of lower urinary tract dysfunction in men: minimum 10-year urodynamic follow-up of untreated detrusor underactivityAlun W Thomas
Bristol Urological Institute, Bristol, UK
BJU Int 96:1295-300. 2005....
- A urodynamics protocol to optimally assess men with post-prostatectomy incontinenceChad Huckabay
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 24:622-6. 2005..To propose a urodynamic protocol to comprehensively assess all parameters of post prostatectomy incontinence (PPI)...
- The variation in urodynamic practice in the United KingdomO A Adekanmi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Torbay Hospital, Torquay, Devon, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 22:48-50. 2002..Standardisation of urodynamic variables may result in a greater consistency of diagnosis, allowing easier comparisons of treatment regimes and outcomes...
- UW/USM Chronic Prostatitis CRCJOHN KRIEGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Potential outcomes include: symptom indexes (e.g., the NIH-CPSI), urodynamics and inflammation.
- Stem Cell Homing for Treatment of Female Pelvic Floor DisordersMargot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2013..Outcomes will include staging of POP, urodynamics, quantitative histological morphometry assessment of elastin amount and pattern of clustering in genitourinary ..
- Function and regulation of elemental Ca2+ signaling in urethral smooth muscleRonghua Zhuge; Fiscal Year: 2013..2D and 3D protein localization, single cell shortening and tissue contraction bioassays, in vivo urodynamics tests, and transgenic (knock-in and conditional knockout) mice...
- Mid Career Award in Patient Oriented Pelvic Floor ResearchHolly E Richter; Fiscal Year: 2013..addressing apical support and perioperative behavioral therapy and a randomized trial studying the utility of urodynamics in women undergoing surgery for stress urinary incontinence (funded through NICHD and NIDDK, U01 awards)...
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network - Duke University Clinical SiteAnthony G Visco; Fiscal Year: 2013..DUMC offers a wide range of diagnostic resources: multi-channel urodynamic testing, video urodynamics, cystoscopy, defecography, pelvic MRI, endoanal ultrasound, and needle electromyography...
- A Follow-up of Children Enrolled in the Management of Myelomeningocele StudyELIZABETH ANN THOM; Fiscal Year: 2013..All children will undergo video urodynamics, renal/bladder ultrasound and urine culture to evaluate urologic status...
- Molecular and Functional Mechanisms of Purinergic Relaxation in Detrusor MuscleSang Don Koh; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information will open up important novel areas of investigation in urodynamics physiology and expand new venue of treatment of bladder over activity.
- Brain Imaging plus Urodynamics to Investigate the Brain's Control of the BladderWerner Schaefer; Fiscal Year: 2012..bladder/sphincter function associated with UUI: 25 patients with UUI and 15 age-matched controls will undergo urodynamics with concurrent fNIRS...
- 2013 AUA Basic Sciences SymposiumLEO GIAMBARRESI; Fiscal Year: 2013..its affiliated specialty societies, including the Society for Basic Urology Research (SBUR), the Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU), the Sexual Medicine Society (SMS), the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (..
- Sensory Sensitivity and Urinary Symptoms in the Female PopulationBarbara D Reed; Fiscal Year: 2011..These individuals will undergo urodynamics to measure sensory sensitivity in the bladder, as well as pressure pain and auditory loudness thresholds...
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract DysfunctionKevin P Weinfurt; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our project will use the improved PRO measurements and correlate them with the established testing measures of urodynamics and bladder diaries, thus potentially avoiding unnecessary tests in the future...
- Role of Brain in Bladder Control and Continence in Elderly WomenSTASA DUSAN TADIC; Fiscal Year: 2012..a team that has pioneered the study of brain control of bladder (functional brain imaging with simultaneous urodynamics)...
- 2010 AUA/SBUR Summer Research ConferenceJACK CHRISTIAN WINTERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This year's collaboration with key members of the Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU) acting as co-chairs, members of the Program Committee, and faculty will add to the ..
- Iowa Pelvic Floor Disorders Clinical Trials NetworkKarl Kreder; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) of several treatments for urge and mixed incontinence, to determine the predictive value of pre-treatment urodynamics, and to understand factors associated with treatment efficacy and effectiveness...
- CHRONIC PROSTATITIS COLLABORATIVE CLINICAL RESEARCHAnthony Schaeffer; Fiscal Year: 1999..This study will provide insight into relationships between CPPS, the clinical indications for urodynamics in evaluating patients, and response to behavioral modification in these patients. 4a...
- EFFECT OF BLADDER OUTLET OBSTRUCTION DETRUSOR FUNCTIONWilliam Steers; Fiscal Year: 1991..Obstruction will be monitored using bladder weight, light microscopy, and urodynamics. A subset of rats will undergo deligation of the urethra at varying times after surgery to determine ..
- UTAH URINARY INCONTINENCE TREATMENT NETWORK (UUITN)Peggy Norton; Fiscal Year: 2009..of SISTEr, by co-chairing the BE-Dri protocol committee, and in important work groups such as complications and urodynamics, along with important standing committees such as Publications and Presentations...
- Geriatric Incontinence: The Brain-Bladder ConnectionDerek Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both will undergo fMRI with simultaneous basic urodynamics using proven methods...
- SKIN-CNS-BLADDER REFLEX ARC FOR MICTURITION AFTER SCIChuan guo Xiao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Effect of the new reflex pathway on bladder function will be evaluated by means of electrophysiology and urodynamics. Its effect on bowel and sexual functions will also be studied...
- BLADDER FUNCTION MONITORING SYSTEMAlfred Perlin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The current gold standard method of diagnosing incontinence involves cystometry and urodynamics: expensive, nonphysiological laboratory tests that do not always reproduce patient complaints...
- Bladder Regulation by Corticotropin-Releasing FactorRITA VALENTINO; Fiscal Year: 2006..will be used to quantify effects of selective activation or antagonism of CRF receptors in the spinal cord on urodynamics in unanesthetized rats with unobstructed or partially obstructed bladder...
- Sensory Testing in Subjects with Interstitial CystitisMary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BOTULINUM TOXIN THERAPY FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS/CHRON*Mary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Stretch on IC and Normal UrotheliaToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2005..ATP may mediate nociception in the bladder. Urothelial stretch thus appears to be an important consideration in diagnosis, treatment and pathophysiology of IC. ..
- Human Bladder Urothelial Cell Structure and Function in Bladder HypersensationToby C Chai; Fiscal Year: 2010..By accomplishing these aims, we hope to develop an understanding of the pathogenesis of hypersensory bladder conditions which ultimately can lead to targeted treatment options. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goals of the University of Maryland clinical site are to maximize enrollment of IC patients into innovative clinical trials, maintain highest retention rates possible and acquire high quality data. ..
- Treatment of Persistent Postprostatectomy IncontinencePatricia Goode; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Patient-Oriented Models for Urinary Function in WomenLinda Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] b. To model urinary storage in health and disease [unreadable] c. To model urinary emptying in health and diseas [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Visualization of Pelvic Floor ReflexesCHRISTOS EURIPIDES CONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..As indicated above we will NOT carry out the programming for the 2D animation portion of the proposal but instead ensure that data are coded appropriately and be made available. ..
- Beaumont Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkKenneth Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..Adverse events and complications will be monitored. Ancillary studies as agreed upon by the ICCRN will be carried out in conjunction with the clinical trial. ..
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome will be re-operation rates, repeat sling procedures (for failures), and other postoperative complications, stratified by high and low volume surgeons and hospitals. ..
- Direction Sensitive SensorCHRISTOS CONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2005..While useful in the evaluation of bladder/urethral function, urodynamics does not provide relevant information on the influence of the pelvic floor, in maintaining continence...
- Urodynamic and Multiethnic Variability of Men Treated b*Steven Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Baseline urodynamic parameters which may predict improved outcome after MIST 3. The success of various types of MIST in treating BPH in African - American, Hispanic and Caucasian men. ..
- Mechanisms of Vaginal Sling Effects on ContinenceFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this proposal is to expand the findings of this project into an R01 application in order to translate our findings into relevant clinical studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies Treatment Consort*Claus Roehrborn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The MIST Study Group will be a blueprint for a technology assessment group applicable to other areas of urology and other medical or surgical subspecialties. ..
- The Efficacy of TUMT and Neoadjuvant Finasteride for BPHKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2005..We are proposing a 3-arm, placebo/sham controlled, randomized clinical trial using changes in symptoms as the primary ..
- Race Differences in Female UI: Epidemiology and BiologyJohn DeLancey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Knowledge of these factors can then provide the basis for risk factor identification and the development of preventive strategies appropriate to different racial groups. ..
- Assessment of Altered Function in Diabetic BladderFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CHARACTERIZATION & TREATMENT OF CATEGORY III PROSTATITISJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results from this 3 part study will be analyzed and correlated between groups and within groups, both concurrently and sequentially. ..
- Bladder and Sphincter Control after Spinal Cord InjuryChangfeng Tai; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Conference--National Urology Resident Female Pelvic MedFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- N O S AND NEUROPATHIC AND ENDOTHELIAL INDUCED EDKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of this research will aid in the understanding of how diabetic neuropathy contributes to sexual dysfunction and elucidate possible mechanisms to prevent them. ..
- ADIPOSE DERIVED STEM CELLS FOR TREATMENT OF INCONTINENCELARISSA RODRIGUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, we will use an animal model of incontinence and decreased urethral resistance to test the hypothesis that these cells can be used to reconstruct a functional urethra as a treatment of stress incontinence. ..
- Bioengineering Analysis of Muscle Mechanics & MetabolismSRBOLJUB MIJAILOVICH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..site with Dr. Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with IC in clinical strudies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed ICCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- Study of Intrinsic Bladder Activity by Optical ImagingAnthony Kanai; Fiscal Year: 2007..To study the neural-chemical control of spontaneous detrusor activity; and III.) To determine the origin of detrusor overactivity in partially obstructed bladders. ..
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network CPCRNJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with CPPS in clinical studies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed CPCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- REGULATION OF PROSTATE GROWTH BY NEURAL FACTORSKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using this model allows one to explore the limits of understanding prostatic neuroregulation, to explore neurotrophic influences on exocrine gland development, and to possibly uncover novel methods to influence prostate disease. ..
- Locomotion Control by Lumbar Spinal Cord StimulationChangfeng Tai; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies will not only improve our understanding of locomotion control in lumbar spinal cord but also benefit SCI patients. ..
- Systematic Reviews in Urologic DiseasesTimothy Wilt; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will provide rapid dissemination, enhances implementation, and identifies new areas requiring additional research. ..
- PKC ALTERATIONS IN LUT DYSFUNCTIONFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- URINE LOSS AND PROLAPSE IN NUNS AND THEIR PAROUS SISTERSGUNHILDE BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..A matched pair logistic regression will be performed to obtain an adjusted estimate of the impact of familiality and vaginal delivery in UT and POP, taking into account other risk factors. ..
- URINARY BLADDER MUSCARINIC RECEPTOR SUBTYPESMICHAEL RUGGIERI; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. To characterize the changes in M2 M3 receptor phosphorylation that may accompany receptor desensitization and receptor up and down regulation. ..
- HOMEBOUND ELDERLY--MAINTAINING POSTTREATMENT CONTINENCESandra Engberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..10) Explore the development of a predictive model of patients who relapse during follow-up. ..
- MUSCLE CELLS MEDIATED GENE THERAPY FOR INCONTINENCEMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2005..We want to underscore that these stem cells have not been obtained from embryos (animal or human) or cell lines of embryonic stem cells. ..
- AFFERENT PLASTICITY UNDERLYING URETHRAL AND PELVIC PAINNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is recognized as a high priority in the urologic care of patients with IC/CPPS. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)Robert Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Disruption of Caldesmon Gene Expression in Bladder MyocytesSamuel Chacko; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Function of the Urethra in Continent WomenKimberly Kenton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Normative ranges will be calculated for EMG, current perception thresholds, and urethral pressures for Caucasian and African American women. These data can then be used by other centers as reference data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Economic Analysis of the EPRIDELeslee Subak; Fiscal Year: 2008..The E- PRIDE ancillary study allows us to efficiently evaluate the cost-utility of a novel treatment approach - weight reduction -- for incontinence. ..
- ATP-Sensitive K Channels in Renal Proximal TubuleAlan Segal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fibroblast Activation Protein-alpha Activated Anti-Stromal Prodrug Therpay for CaSamuel R Denmeade; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. "stroma") within cancers rather than the cancer cells themselves can be effective therapy. The FAP- activated prodrug, therefore, could represent a new targeted therapy for a variety of human cancers. ..