Genomes and Genes
Summary: A change in the CERVIX UTERI with respect to its readiness to relax. The cervix normally becomes softer, more flexible, more distensible, and shorter in the final weeks of PREGNANCY. These cervical changes can also be chemically induced (LABOR, INDUCED).
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Outpatient misoprostol compared with dinoprostone gel for preinduction cervical ripening: a randomized controlled trialMarjorie Meyer
University of Vermont, Burlington, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:466-72. 2005..Despite the numerous trials examining misoprostol for induction, the efficacy of a single outpatient dose of misoprostol followed by oxytocin induction is unknown...
- The parturition defect in steroid 5alpha-reductase type 1 knockout mice is due to impaired cervical ripeningM S Mahendroo
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9032, USA
Mol Endocrinol 13:981-92. 1999..We conclude that a failure of cervical ripening underlies the parturition defect in mice lacking steroid 5alpha-reductase type 1 and that this enzyme ..
- Endocrine regulation of cervical ripening in humans--potential roles for gonadal steroids and insulin-like growth factor-IGunvor Ekman-Ordeberg
Department of Woman and Child Health, Divisions for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Steroids 68:837-47. 2003..The onset of labor as well as cervical ripening is under hormonal control...
- Cervical remodeling during pregnancy and parturitionBrenda Timmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235 9032, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 21:353-61. 2010..Recent advances in our understanding of term and preterm cervical remodeling provide new directions for investigation and compel investigators to reevaluate currently accepted models...
- Dynamics of cervical remodeling during pregnancy and parturition: mechanisms and current conceptsR Ann Word
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Semin Reprod Med 25:69-79. 2007..Results from studies using serial measurements of cervical length indicate that cervical ripening precedes myometrial contractions of labor by several weeks, suggesting that parturition in women is a ..
- Induction of labour in nulliparous women with an unfavourable cervix: a randomised controlled trial comparing double and single balloon catheters and PGE2 gelC E Pennell
School of Women s and Infants Health, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
BJOG 116:1443-52. 2009..To compare the efficacy and patient satisfaction of three methods of labour induction (double balloon catheters, single balloon catheters and prostaglandin gel) in term nulliparous women with unfavourable cervices...
- Preterm and term cervical ripening in CD1 Mice (Mus musculus): similar or divergent molecular mechanisms?Juan M Gonzalez
Maternal and Child Health Research Program, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biol Reprod 81:1226-32. 2009Premature cervical ripening is believed to contribute to preterm birth (PTB)...
- Inflammatory mediators and cervical ripeningRodney W Kelly
Centre for Reproductive Biology, Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
J Reprod Immunol 57:217-24. 2002..b>Cervical ripening is accompanied by the influx of neutrophils, the neutrophil is a ready source of collagenase, and the cervix ..
- Timing of neutrophil activation and expression of proinflammatory markers do not support a role for neutrophils in cervical ripening in the mouseBrenda C Timmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Biol Reprod 74:236-45. 2006..between wild-type mice and steroid 5alpha-reductase type 1 null mice (Srd5a1-/-), which fail to undergo cervical ripening due to insufficient local progesterone metabolism...
- Effects of maternal obesity on duration and outcomes of prostaglandin cervical ripening and labor inductionLeo Pevzner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:1315-21. 2009..To estimate the effect of maternal body mass index (BMI) on progress and outcomes of prostaglandin labor induction...
- Progesterone withdrawal promotes remodeling processes in the nonpregnant mouse cervixSteven M Yellon
Department of Physiology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, USA
Biol Reprod 81:1-6. 2009Prepartum cervical ripening is associated with remodeling of collagen structure and with inflammation. Progesterone withdrawal is critical for parturition, but the effects of progesterone decline on cervical morphology are unknown...
- Parturition and recruitment of macrophages in cervix of mice lacking the prostaglandin F receptorSteven M Yellon
Department of Physiology, Center for Perinatal Biology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Biol Reprod 78:438-44. 2008..The findings indicate that the prostaglandin F(2alpha) receptor and progesterone withdrawal are a necessary part of the final common pathway for ripening of the cervix and the process of parturition...
- Cytokines of the placenta and extra-placental membranes: roles and regulation during human pregnancy and parturitionJ M Bowen
The Liggins Institute, Division of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Placenta 23:257-73. 2002..This wealth of data supports the view that cytokines are an integral part of a functional regulatory/communication network operating within the placental-maternal unit during normal gestation...
- Prostaglandins are essential for cervical ripening in LPS-mediated preterm birth but not term or antiprogestin-driven preterm ripeningBrenda C Timmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences B C T, M L A, D M, M M, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 Department of Pediatrics, Cell, and Developmental Biology J R, N E, B C P and Eicosanoid Core Laboratory G L M, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37221 Department of Mechanical Engineering S S, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 4307 Department of Internal Medicine R J A, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology M H, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Endocrinology 155:287-98. 2014..This study provides evidence for two distinct pathways of cervical ripening: one dependent on PGs derived from paracrine or endocrine sources and the other independent of PG actions...
- Comparison of two mechanical devices for cervical ripening: a prospective quasi-randomized trialElad Mei-dan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:723-7. 2012To compare the efficacy of two mechanical devices for cervical ripening: Foley catheter with extra-amniotic saline infusion and the Cook cervical ripening balloon.
- Randomised trial of intravaginal misoprostol and intracervical Foley catheter for cervical ripening and induction of labourA T Owolabi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatology, College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:565-8. 2005..and efficacy of intravaginal misoprostol and an intracervical Foley's balloon catheter for preinduction cervical ripening and labour induction...
- Physical and biomechanical characteristics of rat cervical ripening are not consistent with increased collagenase activityIrina A Buhimschi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1695-704. 2004..The relative contribution of collagen breakdown to cervical ripening is unclear...
- Mifepristone for preinduction cervical ripening beyond 41 weeks' gestation: a randomized controlled trialD A Wing
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033
Obstet Gynecol 96:543-8. 2000To compare the effect of mifepristone with placebo on cervical ripening before labor induction in prolonged pregnancies.
- Intracervical application of the nitric oxide donor isosorbide dinitrate for induction of cervical ripening: a randomised controlled trial to determine clinical efficacy and safety prior to first trimester surgical evacuation of retained products of conceGabriel Arteaga-Troncoso
Department of Infectology and Immunology, National Institute of Perinatology, Mexico City, Mexico
BJOG 112:1615-9. 2005To determine the therapeutic efficacy and safety of a nitric oxide (NO) isosorbide dinitrate donor to induce cervical ripening of women with missed abortions before surgical evacuation of the uterus.
- A clinical evaluation of controlled-release dinoprostone for cervical ripening--a review of current evidence in hospital and outpatient settingsWerner Rath
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Aachen, Germany
J Perinat Med 33:491-9. 2005..Controlled-release dinoprostone, delivered over 24 h from a vaginal insert, results in cervical ripening within 12 h in most women...
- [Survey of the practice of cervical ripening and labor induction in France]F Goffinet
Maternite Port Royal, Hopital Cochin, 123, boulevard de Port Royal, 75014 Paris
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:638-46. 2003..survey was to describe current medical practices and procedures in France, regarding labor induction and cervical ripening, eight years after the national consensus on labor induction management...
- [Cervical Foley catheter versus vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening and induction of labor: a randomized clinical trial]Maria Virginia de Oliveira e Oliveira
Maternidade Escola de Vila Nova Cachoeirinha Dr Mário de Moraes Altenfelder Silva, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 32:346-51. 2010To compare the effectiveness of the Foley balloon with vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening and labor induction.
- The effect of orally and vaginally administered misoprostol on inflammatory mediators and cervical ripening during early pregnancyAnnette Aronsson
Department of Woman and Child Health, Division for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institute, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Contraception 72:33-9. 2005..The objective of the present study was to investigate the effect of vaginally and orally administered misoprostol on the local cervical inflammatory response...
- [Clinical study on dinoprostone suppositories 0.8 mm used in cervical ripening and labor induction of women with term pregnancy of premature rupture of the membranes: a multicenter study]Li Ying Zou
Department of Obstetrics, Beijing Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 45:492-6. 2010To investigate safety and efficacy of dinoprostone suppositories (0.8 mm) used in cervical ripening and labor induction in women with term premature rupture of the membranes.
- Mechanical methods of cervical ripening and labor inductionShari Gelber
Drexel University, 245 North 15th Street, MS 495, New College Building, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:642-57. 2006This article reviews the safety and efficacy of mechanical agents for cervical ripening. Hygroscopic dilators, balloon catheters, and devices designed for cervical ripening have all been shown to be safe and effective for cervical ..
- Macrophages and not granulocytes are involved in cervical ripeningYoshiharu Sakamoto
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
J Reprod Immunol 66:161-73. 2005To clarify the role of leucocytes in human cervical ripening and dilatation, cervical biopsies were obtained from six non-pregnant women, eight women undergoing early termination of pregnancy, 18 pregnant women undergoing elective ..
- Preventing cervical ripening: the primary mechanism by which progestational agents prevent preterm birth?Hua Xu
Center for Research in Reproduction and Women s Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:314.e1-8. 2008..These studies sought to assess novel pathways by which progestational agents (PAs) may modify signal transduction pathways that are involved in cervical ripening.
- Impaired leukocyte influx in cervix of postterm women not responding to prostaglandin primingLena Sahlin
Division for Reproductive Endocrinology, Q2 08, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:36. 2008....
- Using a simplified Bishop score to predict vaginal deliveryS Katherine Laughon
Epidemiology Branch, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:805-11. 2011..However, it was created without modern statistical methods. Our objective was to determine whether a simplified score can predict vaginal delivery equally well...
- Medical and mechanical methods for cervical ripeningT Biron-Shental
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meir General Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 85:159-60. 2004
- Transcervical Foley catheter for preinduction cervical ripening in an outpatient versus inpatient settingA C Sciscione
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Christiana Care Health Services, Newark, Delaware 19718, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:751-6. 2001To compare use of the Foley catheter for preinduction cervical ripening in an inpatient versus outpatient setting.
- Prostaglandin E2 receptor EP4-selective antagonist inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced cervical ripening in rabbitsYuka Fukuda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:1297-302. 2007The purpose of this study was to examine whether EP4 as prostaglandin (PG) E2 receptor is involved in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced cervical ripening.
- Factors affecting the likelihood of successful induction after intravaginal misoprostol application for cervical ripening and labor inductionDeborah A Wing
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:1237-40; discussion 1240-3. 2002....
- Uterine chemokines in reproductive physiology and pathologyUmit A Kayisli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 47:213-21. 2002..Chemokines are increasingly recognized as important regulators of uterine function...
- Sublingual versus vaginal route of misoprostol for cervical ripening prior to surgical termination of first trimester abortionsPikee Saxena
Department of Reproductive Biomedicine, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Mehrauli Road, Munirka, New Delhi 110067, India
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:109-13. 2006..We conducted this study to compare the effectiveness and acceptability of sublingual versus vaginal route of misoprostol for cervical priming prior to vacuum aspiration (VA)...
- Nitric oxide metabolites in cervical fluid during pregnancy: further evidence for the role of cervical nitric oxide in cervical ripeningMervi Väisänen-Tommiska
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:779-85. 2003..Cervical tissue expresses all the isoenzymes of nitric oxide synthase. We studied the concentrations of nitric oxide metabolites in the cervical fluid in nonpregnant (n = 11) and pregnant women (n = 106)...
- Pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines in human preterm and term cervical ripeningAurelija Dubicke
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, FRH lab C4 U1, KBH, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Reprod Immunol 84:176-85. 2010b>Cervical ripening is necessary for successful delivery...
- Cervical ripening before operative hysteroscopy in premenopausal women: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison of vaginal and oral misoprostolCem Batukan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Fertil Steril 89:966-73. 2008To compare the effectiveness of oral and vaginal misoprostol for preoperative cervical ripening in premenopausal women before hysteroscopic surgery.
- Effects of progesterone on iNOS, COX-2, and collagen expression in the cervixStephen G Marx
The University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Research Bldg 11 104, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77555 106, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 54:623-39. 2006..relationship between inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) in the control of cervical ripening and parturition under normal (normal term pregnancy) and abnormal (preterm labor and prolongation of ..
- High iNOS mRNA and protein levels during early third trimester suggest a role for NO in prelabor cervical ripening in the bovineMarian Aalberts
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Mol Reprod Dev 74:378-85. 2007..These results lead us to suggest that iNOS from spindle shaped cells is involved in prepartum cervical ripening, while iNOS in mononuclear inflammatory cells may be important for local tissue repair mechanisms during ..
- Controlled fine needle biopsy of the uterine cervix during pregnancySean M Keeler
Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Reprod Sci 18:737-42. 2011Cervical sampling could furnish tissue-based information regarding premature cervical ripening and effacement. This report assesses the effect of cervical fine needle biopsy (FNB) in the evaluation of cervical shortening.
- The home as an appropriate setting for women undertaking cervical ripening before the induction of labourMargaret Reid
Public Health and Health Policy, Division of Community Based Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Midwifery 27:30-5. 2011to explore women's experiences of cervical ripening using isosorbide mononitrate (IMN) in the home as part of the main randomised controlled trial.
- A randomised comparison between sublingual, oral and vaginal route of misoprostol for pre-abortion cervical ripening in first-trimester pregnancy termination under local anaesthesiaPikee Saxena
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 48:101-6. 2008..To compare efficacy of sublingual (S/L), oral and vaginal routes of misoprostol administration for cervical priming before suction evacuation (SE) under local anaesthesia...
- Membrane stripping versus single dose intracervical prostaglandin gel administration for cervical ripeningV Kaul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 86:388-9. 2004
- Cervical softening during pregnancy: regulated changes in collagen cross-linking and composition of matricellular proteins in the mouseMeredith L Akins
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Biol Reprod 84:1053-62. 2011....
- Outpatient cervical ripening with nitric oxide donor isosorbide mononitrate prior to induction of laborSherif M Habib
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 101:57-61. 2008To examine the effectiveness and safety of outpatient vaginal administration of isosorbide mononitrate (IMN) to induce cervical ripening.
- The "PRIM" study: a randomized comparison of prostaglandin E2 gel with the nitric oxide donor isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening before the induction of labor at termInass Osman
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1012-21. 2006The purpose of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety profile of prostaglandin E2 with isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening before the induction of labor at term.
- [Dynamic expression of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 8 in rat cervix]Chun Yan Yin
Department of Obstetrics, Second People s Hospital of Guangdong Province, Guangzhou 510317, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:2205-7. 2009To elucidate the relationship between collagen degradation and cervical ripening by detecting dynamic expressions of matrix metalloproteinases 2 (MMP-2) and 8 (MMP-8) in rat cervix.
- Cervical ripening with a Foley catheter: the role of pre- and postripening ultrasound examination of the cervixAntonella Cromi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Varese, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:41.e1-7. 2007..study was to assess sonographic changes in cervical length and posterior cervical angle in women undergoing cervical ripening with an extraamniotic Foley catheter and to determine whether pre- and postripening ultrasound parameters ..
- Foley catheter balloon vs locally applied prostaglandins for cervical ripening and labor induction: a systematic review and metaanalysisZvi Vaknin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:418-29. 2010We performed a metaanalysis of publications comparing the efficacy and safety of cervical ripening and labor induction by Foley catheter balloon (FCB) vs locally applied prostaglandins (LAPG) in the third trimester of pregnancy...
- The molecular mechanisms of cervical ripening differ between term and preterm birthRoxane Holt
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Endocrinology 152:1036-46. 2011In the current study, the mechanisms of premature cervical ripening in murine models of preterm birth resulting from infection or early progesterone withdrawal were compared with the process of term cervical ripening...
- Regulation of hyaluronan expression during cervical ripeningKelly J Straach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Glycobiology 15:55-65. 2005..b>Cervical ripening requires changes in the composition and structure of the extracellular matrix...
- Sublingual versus vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening PRIOR TO manual vacuum aspiration under local anaesthesia: a randomized studyE Caliskan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Kocaeli University, School of Medicine, Kocaeli, Turkey
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 12:372-7. 2007To compare the effectiveness of sublingual and vaginal misoprostol application for cervical ripening prior to manual vacuum aspiration (MVA) under local anaesthesia for voluntary termination of pregnancy between 7 and 10 weeks of ..
- Comparison of oral and vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening before manual vacuum aspiration of first trimester pregnancy under local anesthesia: a randomized placebo-controlled studyLeyla Cakir
Family Planning Clinic, SSK Social Security Organization Maternity and Women s Health Training Hospital, 06010 Ankara, Turkey
Contraception 71:337-42. 2005....
- Transection of the pelvic or vagus nerve forestalls ripening of the cervix and delays birth in ratsLindsey A Clyde
Department of Physiology, Pathology, and Human Anatomy, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Biol Reprod 84:587-94. 2011..To discover whether transection of the parasympathetic innervation of the cervix affects cervical ripening in the process of parturition was the objective of the present study...
- Processes regulating cervical ripening differ from cervical dilation and postpartum repair: insights from gene expression studiesBrenda C Timmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Reprod Sci 14:53-62. 2007..In the current study, gene expression patterns unique to cervical ripening as compared with cervical dilation and/or postpartum repair are identified in a mouse model...
- Pharmacologic actions of progestins to inhibit cervical ripening and prevent delivery depend on their properties, the route of administration, and the vehicleRuben J Kuon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:455.e1-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate cervical changes and delivery at term during pregnancy in rats after various progestin treatments...
- The use of oral misoprostol for pre-abortion cervical priming: a randomised controlled trial of 400 versus 200 microg in first trimester pregnanciesKevin S Oppegaard
Department of Gynaecology, Women and Children s Division, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
BJOG 111:154-9. 2004..To compare the impact of 200 and 400 microg oral misoprostol on pre-operative cervical priming in both primi- and multigravidae prior to first trimester termination of pregnancy. Pre-operative cervical dilatation and bleeding were assessed...
- Cervicovaginal matrix metalloproteinase-9 and cervical ripening in human term parturitionSuk Joo Choi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 142:43-7. 2009..To investigate the changes of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) in cervicovaginal fluid during pregnancy and its association with parturition...
- Cervical ripening and insufficiency: from biochemical and molecular studies to in vivo clinical examinationDietmar Schlembach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 144:S70-6. 2009To understand cervical ripening and especially the pathophysiology of cervical insufficiency, it is important to know the cervical composition: the cervix is dominated by fibrous connective tissue, consisting predominantly of Type I ..
- Dynamic changes in the cervical epithelial tight junction complex and differentiation occur during cervical ripening and parturitionBrenda C Timmons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Endocrinology 148:1278-87. 2007..This study evaluated TJ proteins, as well as markers of epithelial cell differentiation in normal and cervical ripening defective mice to gain insights into how the permeability barrier is regulated during pregnancy and ..
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase and cyclooxygenase 2 messenger ribonucleic acid expression and immunohistochemical localization in human cervical tissue during term and preterm laborSusanne Abelin Törnblom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital and Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2909-15. 2004..This observation indicates that both preterm and term cervical ripening is associated with decreased degradation of prostaglandins.
- Cervical ripening: biochemical, molecular, and clinical considerationsHolger Maul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:551-63. 2006The physiologic and pathologic changes of the uterine cervix during pregnancy leading to cervical ripening are not well understood though are related to the chief pathology and a commonly performed intervention in obstetrics: Preterm ..
- High-mobility group box protein 1 and its signalling receptors in human preterm and term cervixAurelija Dubicke
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Reprod Immunol 84:86-94. 2010..extranuclear expression of HMGB1 during labor suggests a possible role of HMGB1 during the process of cervical ripening. Changes in expression of mRNAs encoding HMGB1, TLR2 and TLR4 in preterm labor suggest differences in the ..
- The role of sensory neurons in cervical ripening: effects of estrogen and neuropeptidesC N Mowa
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, 4209 State RT 44, P O Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1249-58. 2004..Collectively, these findings suggest an interrelationship among estrogen, cervix-related sensory neurons, and local cervical events near term...
- Factors involved in the inflammatory events of cervical ripening in humansYlva Stjernholm-Vladic
Division for Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:74. 2004b>Cervical ripening is an inflammatory reaction. The glucocorticoid receptor (GR) mediates glucocorticoid anti-inflammatory reactions, whereas nuclear factor (NF)kappaB is a key pro-inflammatory transcription factor...
- Comparison of extraamniotic Foley catheter and intracervical prostaglandin E gel for preinduction cervical ripeningRabindranath Dalui
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:362-7. 2005..Pharmacological preparations are in widespread use for cervical ripening but are not free from side-effects and complications. Mechanical methods, i.e...
- Role of relaxin and estrogen in the control of eosinophilic invasion and collagen remodeling in rat cervical tissue at termE H Luque
Department of Human Physiology, Faculty of Biochemistry and Biological Sciences, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Santa Fe, Argentina
Biol Reprod 59:795-800. 1998....
- Cervical length changes during preterm cervical ripening: effects of 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproateFabio Facchinetti
Unit of Obstetrics, Mother Infant Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:453.e1-4; discussion 421. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (17P) treatment affect changes in cervical length...
- Comparison of self-administered vaginal misoprostol versus placebo for cervical ripening prior to operative hysteroscopy using a sequential trial designK S Oppegaard
Department of Gynaecology, Helse Finnmark, Klinikk Hammerfest, Hammerfest, Norway
BJOG 114:769, e1-12. 2007..the impact of 1000-microgram self-administered vaginal misoprostol versus self-administered vaginal placebo at home on preoperative cervical ripening in both premenopausal and postmenopausal women prior to outpatient resectoscopy.
- Role of cytokines and other inflammatory mediatorsMatthias Winkler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital, Technical University, Aachen, Germany
BJOG 110:118-23. 2003..and molecular biology, it has not yet been possible to fit the individual biochemical components of cervical ripening and dilatation to a uniform clinical moiety or to uncover any regulatory mechanisms...
- Local application of platelet-activating factor induces cervical ripening accompanied by infiltration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes in ratsHolger Maul
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77550 1062, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:829-33. 2002The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of locally applied platelet-activating factor on cervical ripening and leukocyte infiltration...
- Sensory nerves and neuropeptides in uterine cervical ripeningJ J Collins
Department of Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
Peptides 23:167-83. 2002..The fundamental processes underlying cervical ripening remain poorly understood...
- Does self-administered vaginal misoprostol result in cervical ripening in postmenopausal women after 14 days of pre-treatment with estradiol? Trial protocol for a randomised, placebo-controlled sequential trialK S Oppegaard
Department of Gynaecology, Helse Finnmark, Klinikk Hammerfest, Hammerfest, Norway
BJOG 115:917-e10. 2008..micrograms of self-administered vaginal misoprostol versus self-administered vaginal placebo on preoperative cervical ripening after pre-treatment with estradiol vaginal tablets at home in postmenopausal women prior to day-care ..
- Misoprostol for women's health: a reviewKelly Blanchard
Population Council, Johannesburg, South Africa
Obstet Gynecol 99:316-32. 2002..To review published literature on misoprostol for women's health indications to provide a synthesis of available information and highlight areas in need of additional research...
- 17alpha-hydroxy-progesterone effects on cervical proinflammatory agents in women at risk for preterm deliveryFabio Facchinetti
Unit of Obstetrics, Mother Infant Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Am J Perinatol 25:503-6. 2008We evaluated if the inhibitory effect of 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (17P) on cervical ripening is mediated by cervical proinflammatory agents...
- Misoprostol in obstetrics and gynecologyA Weeks
University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:S156-9. 2007
- Misoprostol for cervical ripening in non-pregnant women: a randomized double-blind controlled trial of oral versus vaginal regimensC Choksuchat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
Hum Reprod 21:2167-70. 2006The objective was to compare the efficacy of oral versus vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening in non-pregnant women.
- Cervical priming with misoprostol prior to transcervical proceduresC Fiala
Gynmed Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:S168-71. 2007..Higher doses or longer intervals do not improve the effect on the cervix. Pain is a frequent side effect, but usually responds well to NSAIDs. Other side effects are rare...
- Pre-term cervical ripening and labor inductionSusanne Abelin Tornblöm
Department of Women and Child Health, Division for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 104:120-3. 2002..To evaluate retrospectively pre-term induction; with Prostaglandin (PG) E(2)-gel and i.v. oxtytocin, respectively...
- Hyaluronan and its binding proteins during cervical ripening and parturition: dynamic changes in size, distribution and temporal sequenceMonika Ruscheinsky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, United States
Matrix Biol 27:487-97. 2008..These studies suggest that HA has multiple, cell specific functions in the cervix that may include modulation of tissue structure and integrity, epithelial cell migration and differentiation, and inflammatory responses...
- Misoprostol in gynecologyAlisa B Goldberg
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts, 1055 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 3:475-83. 2003..Solid evidence supports the efficacy of misoprostol for cervical ripening before first-trimester suction curettage abortion, and good evidence supports its use before hysteroscopy in ..
- Platelet-activating factor antagonist WEB-2170 inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced, but not antiprogestin-induced, preterm cervical ripening in timed-pregnant ratsHolger Maul
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77550 1062, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:963-7. 2003The purpose of this study was to determine whether the platelet-activating factor antagonist WEB-2170 inhibits preterm cervical ripening induced by lipopolysaccharide or by antiprogestin RU 486.
- Increased level of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in the ripening process of the human cervixDenis Stygar
Division for Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Biol Reprod 67:889-94. 2002..An extensive remodeling of the connective tissue prior to parturition, i.e., cervical ripening, requires the presence of proteolytic enzymes...
- Acupuncture for cervical ripening and induction of labor at term--a randomized controlled trialM Rabl
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 113:942-6. 2001The aim of this study was to evaluate whether acupuncture at term can influence cervical ripening, induce labor and thus reduce the need for postdates induction.
- Matrix metalloproteinase-8 correlates with the cervical ripening process in humansMaria B Sennström
Department of Women and Child Health, Division for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:904-11. 2003To determine levels of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-1, -3 and -8 and localize them and the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases TIMP-1 and -2 in human cervical tissue during the cervical ripening process.
- Intracervical Foley catheter balloon vs. prostaglandin in preinduction cervical ripeningS Niromanesh
Mirza Kochak Khan Hospital, Medical School, Tehran University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 81:23-7. 2003The aim of this study is to compare the effectiveness of the intracervical Foley balloon catheter and 3 mg prostaglandin E(2) tablet(s) in preinduction cervical ripening.
- Characterization of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the uterine cervix over pregnancy: effects of denervation and implications for cervical ripeningC N Mowa
Dept of Neurobiology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, 4209 State RT 44, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1665-74. 2004..Furthermore, angiogenic and sensory neuronal factors may be important in regulating the dynamic microvasculature in the ripening cervix and may subsequently play a role in cervical ripening and the birth process.
- Do mechanical methods of cervical ripening increase infectious morbidity? A systematic reviewJennifer Heinemann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology University of Florida Health Science Center, Jacksonville, Florida 32209, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:177-87; discussion 187-8. 2008The purpose of this study was to review systematically randomized controlled trials that were associated with cervical ripening. We identified randomized controlled trials that compared the use of Foley catheter, with or without ..
- Cervical priming in the first trimester: morphological and biochemical effects of misoprostol and isosorbide mononitrateNina Vukas Radulovic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:43-51. 2009..To evaluate morphological changes and inflammatory events in the uterine cervix following presurgical treatment with the prostaglandin analogue misoprostol or the nitric oxide donor isosorbide mononitrate (IMN)...
- Vaginal administration of the nitric oxide donor isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening at term: a randomized controlled studyErling Ekerhovd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1692-7. 2003..Our aim was to examine the effect of the nitric oxide donor isosorbide mononitrate on the uterine cervix at term and to evaluate possible adverse effects of this treatment...
- The transcriptome of cervical ripening in human pregnancy before the onset of labor at term: identification of novel molecular functions involved in this processSonia S Hassan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University Hutzel Women s Hospital, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:1183-93. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify changes in the cervical transcriptome in the human uterine cervix as a function of ripening before the onset of labor...
- A comparison of orally administered misoprostol to intravenous oxytocin for labor induction in women with favorable cervical examinationsDeborah A Wing
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, 90033, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1689-94; discussion 1694-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare orally administered misoprostol with intravenous oxytocin infusion for labor induction in women with favorable cervical examinations (defined as a Bishop score of 6 or more)...
- Prospective randomised controlled trial to compare safety and efficacy of intravaginal Misoprostol with intracervical Cerviprime for induction of labour with unfavourable cervixK S Krithika
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:294-7. 2008..59 +/- 5.13 h vs 27.77 +/- 12.71 h. The rate of complications was comparable. Vaginal Misoprostol 25 microg 4-hourly is safe and effective for induction of labour with shorter induction to delivery interval...
- Cervical ripening and induction of labor with intravaginal misoprostol and Foley catheter cervical tractionM Kashanian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Akbar Abadi Teaching Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:79-80. 2006
- Induction of labour in nulliparous and multiparous women: a UK, multicentre, open-label study of intravaginal misoprostol in comparison with dinoprostoneA A Calder
Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BJOG 115:1279-88. 2008To compare the efficacy and safety of a 25-microgram vaginal tablet of misoprostol (APL202) with dinoprostone (3-mg vaginal tablet) in cervical ripening and labour induction.
- Intravaginal misoprostol versus transcervical Foley catheter in pre-induction cervical ripeningA O Adeniji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:130-2. 2006
- Vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening at term: comparison of outpatient vs. inpatient administrationDaniel W Chang
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Juan Regional Medical Center, Farmington, New Mexico 87401 5630, USA
J Reprod Med 50:735-9. 2005To compare outpatient with inpatient misoprostol for preinduction cervical ripening at term.
- Comparison of prostaglandin E2 tablets or Foley catheter for labour induction in grand multiparasM I Al-Taani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Alia Military Hospital, Royal Medical Services, Amman, Jordan
East Mediterr Health J 10:547-53. 2004..For grand multiparas, PGE2 vaginal tablets may be preferable for ripening the cervix as well as for labour induction...
- Abruptio placentae associated with misoprostol use in women with preeclampsiaM Todd Fontenot
Florida Perinatal Associates, Tampa, USA
J Reprod Med 50:653-8. 2005To evaluate complications associated with cervical ripening with vaginal administration of misoprostol and dinoprostone vaginal inserts in women with preeclampsia. preeclampsia.
- Consequences of routine delivery at 38 weeks for A-2 gestational diabetesWilliam F Rayburn
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 18:333-7. 2005..To report our intrapartum experience with routine delivery at 38 weeks of gestation of A-2 diabetic pregnancies requiring primarily oral hypoglycemic therapy...
- Biochemical, Biomechanical & Morphological Properties of Quantitative UltrasoundBarbara L McFarlin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Treatment of preterm labor has focused on treating contractions rather than the long process of cervical ripening that precedes preterm labor...
- INITIATION OF HUMAN LABOR: PREVENTION OF PREMATURITYCarole R Mendelson; Fiscal Year: 2013..that maintain cervical integrity and uterine quiescence throughout pregnancy as well as those that promote cervical ripening and increased uterine contractility leading to labor...
- Estimating Ultrasound Attenuation in Human Pregnant CervixBARBARA L contact MCFARLIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Advances in the understanding of mechanisms of preterm cervical ripening have led to both animal and some human interventions to modify human cervical ripening...
- NEURAL REGULATION OF PREPARTUM CERVICAL RIPENINGSteven M Yellon; Fiscal Year: 2013..these discoveries to take next steps for understanding innervation control of inflammatory processes in cervical ripening. The principal objective of this renewal is to determine whether innervation regulates a progesterone ..
- Caspase-3 Maintains Uterine Quiescence in a PR and NF-Kappa B Dependent MannerJennifer C Condon; Fiscal Year: 2013..pregnant uterus for contraction is associated with increased oxytocin receptors, increased gap junctions and cervical ripening. In most mammalian species but not the human a precipitous decline in circulating levels of progesterone (P4)..
- Defining Gene Expression Programs in Cervical Ripening: Roles for Non-Coding RNAsMala S Mahendroo; Fiscal Year: 2013..relevant biological models, will provide new insights into the biological mechanisms that mediate premature cervical ripening. The goal of the current study is to apply cutting-edge genomic, bioinformatic, and computational approaches ..
- Monitoring Changes in Cervical Microstructure During PregnancyMark L Palmeri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Half of the group will undergo cervical ripening with a drug used clinically to ripen the cervix prior to induction of labor, and half will receive no ..
- ANTIPROGESTINS IN ENDOMETRIUMRONALD WIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2000..Other indications could include oral contraception, postcoital contraception, labor induction, cervical ripening, hormone replacement therapy and treatment of breast cancer...
- NITRIC OXIDE AND CERVICAL RIPENINGJames Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 1999b>Cervical Ripening, the dilation and effacement of the cervix is the most reliable indictor for predicting labor...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKPETER MCGOVERN; Fiscal Year: 2004..well as inhibiting TIMP-1 production, all effects which can contribute to increased collagen breakdown and cervical ripening. We plan to develop a method of superovulation which should result in luteal regression, which in turn ..
- FIBRIL ASSOCIATED COLLAGENS IN CERVICAL DILATIONANDREA WESTERHAUSEN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 1999..of the cervical stroma, their individual role in matrix stability and cohesion, and their changes during cervical ripening and dilation are poorly understood...
- Platelet Activating Factor & cervical ripeningGeorge Saade; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Cervical ripening is of crucial importance for reproduction in mammals...
- INTRAVAGINAL CONTROLLED DELIVERY OF MISOPROSTOLSHALABY SHALABY; Fiscal Year: 1999..vitro release studies to identity optimum gel-formers; (3) selection of promising formulations for studying cervical ripening in pregnant rabbits at the conclusion of an in vivo pilot study on dose range in selected carriers; (4) ..
- Small molecule agonists of the relaxin receptorAlexander Agoulnik; Fiscal Year: 2009..Several clinical trials study the therapeutic role of relaxin in treatment of scleroderma, cervical ripening, fibromyalgia, orthodontics and as a protective agent in congestive heart failure...
- Breast Tumor Inhibition by AntiprogestinsRONALD WIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Indications for antiprogestin use could include oral contraception, labor induction, cervical ripening, hormone replacement therapy (HRT), and treatment of uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and especially breast ..
- Race/Ethnicity/Immunity/Progesterone and Preterm BirthCarl Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2009..biomarkers illustrative of altered innate immunity weeks or months before onset of PTB symptoms (cervical ripening, preterm labor contractions or pPROM) that can be reliably identified using proteomic tools (Specific Aim 1b)..
- B Mode Ultrasound Microstructure of the Preterm CervixBarbara McFarlin; Fiscal Year: 2004..develop and test a new method of ultrasound to evaluate collagen/fluid content in the cervix associated with cervical ripening in labor...
- Assessment of Uterine Contractility and Cervical Ripening During PregnancyRobert Garfield; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have maintained Dr. Gary Hankins, Chief of Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Ob/Gyn, in the project (see Dr. Hankins'letter of support in the Appendix). ..
- Genomic/Proteomic Premature Birth Research Clinical CoreRADOSLAW K BUKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..with expertise in many areas of relevance to the RFA such asmolecular mechanisms of uterine contractilityand cervical ripening, animal models of preterm labor, infection, vascular physiology, placental function, and fetal growth...
- NEUROENDOCRINE/IMMUNE INTERACTIONS: ROLE OF MELATONINSTEVEN YELLON; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF PRETERM LABOR: NF-KB ACTIVATION OF COX-2DOUGLAS KNISS; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Intrauterine Inflammation & Adverse Neurological OutcomeMichal A Elovitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Prostaglandin E Synthases in ParturitionWilliam Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hope to support the hypothesis that, as in other systems, microsomal PGES is functionally linked to COX-2 in the generation of uterotonic POE2. ..
- Vaginal Ultrasound Cerclage TrialJohn Owen; Fiscal Year: 2007..correlate these markers with the success of failure of cerclage B. further define possible mechanisms of early spontaneous preterm birth. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of ParturitionMala S Mahendroo; Fiscal Year: 2010..translational and structural changes that mediate cervical softening, a process that is distinct from cervical ripening. The studies outlined in Specific Aim 3 will clarify our understanding of the role inflammatory processes ..
- Midcareer Award in Patient-Oriented ResearchJohn Owen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Hormonal Regulation of the Cervix During PregnancyORRIN SHERWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Treatment with RU 486 alone and in combination with exogenous relaxin will be done at term with relaxin-deficient rats. ..
- Female Reproductive Organs and Their Innervation.RAYMOND PAPKA; Fiscal Year: 2006..to understand neural mechanisms for integration of uterine cervical information and how these play a role in cervical ripening and parturition (act of giving birth) - particularly as this relates to pre-term or protracted labor, spinal ..
- Fourth International Conf. on Relaxin & Related PeptidesORRIN SHERWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Conference web site: http://www.life.uiuc.edu/relaxin2004/ ..