Genomes and Genes
Summary: The period in the MENSTRUAL CYCLE that follows OVULATION, characterized by the development of CORPUS LUTEUM, increase in PROGESTERONE production by the OVARY and secretion by the glandular epithelium of the ENDOMETRIUM. The luteal phase begins with ovulation and ends with the onset of MENSTRUATION.
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Genome-wide gene expression analysis reveals a dynamic interplay between luteotropic and luteolytic factors in the regulation of corpus luteum function in the bonnet monkey (Macaca radiata)S Priyanka
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Endocrinology 150:1473-84. 2009..by real-time RT-PCR analysis, and expression of these genes was also examined in the CL throughout the luteal phase and from monkeys treated with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to mimic early pregnancy...
- The effects of smoked cocaine during the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle in womenSuzette M Evans
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 66, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:397-406. 2002..Few studies have systematically determined whether the response to cocaine in human females is related to hormonal fluctuations at different phases of the menstrual cycle...
- Control of human luteal steroidogenesisLuigi Devoto
Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto de Investigaciones Materno Infantil, IDIMI y Universidad de Chile, PO Box 226 3, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Endocrinol 186:137-41. 2002..in LH and LH receptor expression do not explain the marked decline in progesterone production at the end of the luteal phase. Changes in the level of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), a gene whose expression is ..
- Blood to the cornual area of the uterus is mainly supplied from the ovarian artery in the follicular phase and from the uterine artery in the luteal phaseEttore Cicinelli
First Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare, I 70124 Bari, Italy
Hum Reprod 19:1003-8. 2004..To clarify this issue, we studied the spatial propagation of temperature changes following cooling of the upper vaginal area...
- Microarray profiling of progesterone-regulated endometrial genes during the rhesus monkey secretory phaseChristopher I Ace
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:54. 2004..Endometrial receptivity is a complex process that is spatially and temporally restricted and the identity of genes that regulate receptivity has been pursued by a number of investigators...
- Ovarian stimulation to cryopreserve fertilized oocytes in cancer patients can be started in the luteal phaseMichael von Wolff
Department of Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Women s University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Fertil Steril 92:1360-5. 2009To analyze if oocytes can be obtained in all patients before cancer treatment within 2 weeks by initiating ovarian stimulation during the follicular or luteal phase.
- Altered sensitivity to alcohol in the late luteal phase among patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorderSigrid Nyberg
Department of Clinical Science, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Umea University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:767-77. 2004..Although the majority of prior studies have indicated that alcohol sensitivity does not differ between menstrual cycle phases, patients with PMDD have thus far not been studied...
- Comparison of LH concentrations in the early and mid-luteal phase in IVF cycles after treatment with HMG alone or in association with the GnRH antagonist CetrorelixA Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch-Speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 16:663-7. 2001..Ovarian stimulation for IVF has been associated with a defective luteal phase. The luteal phases of two groups of patients with normal menstrual cycles and no endocrinological cause of ..
- Luteal phase support in assisted reproductive technologyRecai Pabuccu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:277-81. 2005..The purpose of this review is to discuss luteal support in assisted reproduction and to provide an evidence-based overview of the current options available...
- Hormonal manipulations in the luteal phase to coordinate subsequent antral follicle growth during ovarian stimulationRenato Fanchin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141, Clamart, France
Reprod Biomed Online 10:721-8. 2005..result from the early exposure of FSH-sensitive follicles to gradient FSH concentrations during the preceding luteal phase. In addition, they potentially affect the results of ovarian stimulation...
- Changes in gene expression during the early to mid-luteal (receptive phase) transition in human endometrium detected by high-density microarray screeningDaniel D Carson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 8:871-9. 2002..Some of these gene products, e.g. OPN, may play direct roles in embryo-uterine interactions during the implantation process...
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptor in human uterus in luteal phase and in early and late gestationG Valdes
Departmentos de Nefrología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Endocrine 16:207-15. 2001..to evaluate the temporospatial pattern of key components of the kallikreinkinin system in human uterus in luteal phase (n = 7), early pregnancy (isolated spontaneous abortions, n = 11; ectopic pregnancies, n = 9), idiopathic ..
- Angiogenesis and vascular function in the ovaryR S Robinson
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science Division of Animal Sciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 5RD, UK
Reproduction 138:869-81. 2009..Finally, the targeted promotion of angiogenesis may lead to the development of novel strategies to alleviate luteal inadequacy and infertility...
- Sex steroid hormones, stress response, and drug craving in cocaine-dependent women: implications for relapse susceptibilityRajita Sinha
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:445-52. 2007....
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and luteal phase consequencesBart C J M Fauser
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:236-42. 2003..Here, we discuss recent approaches to ovarian stimulation, the induction of oocyte maturation, and effects of these altered follicular phase interventions on corpus luteum function following ovarian stimulation...
- The use of estradiol for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles: a systematic review and meta-analysisTarek A Gelbaya
Department of Reproductive Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Central Manchester and Manchester Children s University Hospitals, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 90:2116-25. 2008..To investigate the effect of luteal E(2) supplementation on the pregnancy rate of IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles...
- Patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorder have increased startle modulation during anticipation in the late luteal phase period in comparison to control subjectsElin Bannbers
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:1184-92. 2011..pleasant and unpleasant pictures and positive and negative anticipation stimuli during the follicular and luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Comparison of pregnancy outcomes of progesterone or progesterone + estradiol for luteal phase support in ICSI-ET cyclesH Gorkemli
ART Unit of Selcuk University, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 58:140-4. 2004OBJECTIVE: To find out the effect of estradiol with progesterone for luteal phase support in IVF-ICSI cycles...
- The effect of luteal phase vaginal estradiol supplementation on the success of in vitro fertilization treatment: a prospective randomized studyLawrence Engmann
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 89:554-61. 2008To determine whether the use of luteal phase vaginal E(2) supplementation improves clinical pregnancy rates in patients undergoing IVF treatment.
- Luteal angiogenesis: prevention and intervention by treatment with vascular endothelial growth factor trap(A40)C Wulff
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom EH3 9ET
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3377-86. 2001..Luteal Flt mRNA expression is dependent upon VEGF, and VEGF inhibition results in abortive increases in expression of VEGF, angiopoietin-2, and Tie-2...
- Nonsupplemented luteal phase characteristics after the administration of recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin, recombinant luteinizing hormone, or gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist to induce final oocyte maturation in in vitro fertilizatioNicole G M Beckers
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4186-92. 2003..IVF) by the late follicular phase administration of GnRH antagonist may render supplementation of the luteal phase redundant, because of the known rapid recovery of pituitary function after antagonist cessation...
- The immune response during the luteal phase of the ovarian cycle: increasing sensitivity of human monocytes to endotoxinA Bouman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University and University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 76:555-9. 2001To test the hypothesis that during the luteal phase of the human ovarian cycle, as compared with the follicular phase, the percentage of cytokines producing peripheral monocytes after in vitro stimulation with endotoxin is increased.
- Optimization of estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase improves the pregnancy rate in women undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cyclesKrzysztof Lukaszuk
INVICTA Fertility and Reproductive Center, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Fertil Steril 83:1372-6. 2005OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the influence of different E2 supplementation doses during the luteal phase on implantation and pregnancy rates in women undergoing intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles...
- Estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase of IVF-ICSI patients: a randomized, controlled trialJosé Serna
IVI Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Fertil Steril 90:2190-5. 2008To evaluate the effectiveness of transdermal E(2) administration in the luteal phase of IVF/ICSI cycles.
- Protein expression profiling of endometriosis: validation of 2-mm tissue microarraysAparna A Kamat
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1681-3. 2004..Tissue microarray analyses of immunohistochemical profiles of estrogen receptor-alpha and P receptor corroborate previously published results from the use of conventional immunohistochemistry, thus validating TMA use in endometriosis...
- Effects of estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase of in vitro fertilization cycles: a meta-analysisByung Chul Jee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Bundang, Seongnam, Gyeonggi 463 707, South Korea
Fertil Steril 93:428-36. 2010..To clarify whether adding E(2) to standard luteal P supplementation is beneficial both in GnRH agonist and antagonist IVF cycles...
- Estrogen addition to progesterone for luteal phase support in cycles stimulated with GnRH analogues and gonadotrophins for IVF: a systematic review and meta-analysisE M Kolibianakis
Unit for Human Reproduction, 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Nea Efkarpia Peripheral Road, Thessaloniki 54603, Greece
Hum Reprod 23:1346-54. 2008..The purpose of the present systematic review and meta-analysis was to examine whether the probability of pregnancy is increased by adding estrogen to progesterone for luteal phase support in patients treated by in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Increased tumor necrosis factor-alpha in whole blood during the luteal phase of ovulatory cyclesJosephine H Amory
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Box 356460, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Reprod Med 49:678-82. 2004..To evaluate whether the fact that blood from premenopausal, ovulatory women shows a significant fluctuation in tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) levels when tested randomly over time is related to the hormonal cycle...
- 1,500 IU human chorionic gonadotropin administered at oocyte retrieval rescues the luteal phase when gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist is used for ovulation induction: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Resenvej 25, 7800 Skive, Denmark
Fertil Steril 93:847-54. 2010..To prospectively assess the reproductive outcome with a small bolus of hCG administered on the day of oocyte retrieval after ovulation induction with a GnRH agonist (GnRHa)...
- Comparison between two forms of vaginally administered progesterone for luteal phase support in assisted reproduction cyclesSelmo Geber
Centro de Medicina Reprodutiva, Av Contorno 7747, Lourdes 30110 120, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Reprod Biomed Online 14:155-8. 2007The use of progesterone for luteal phase support has been demonstrated to be beneficial in assisted reproduction cycles using gonadotrophin-releasing hormone analogues (GnRHa)...
- Immature oocyte retrieval in the luteal phase to preserve fertility in cancer patientsEzgi Demirtas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill Reproductive Center, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Reprod Biomed Online 17:520-3. 2008..They were first seen during the luteal phase of their menstrual cycle and were to undergo gonadotoxic treatment imminently...
- Acylation-stimulating protein increases and correlates with increased progesterone levels during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycleJumana Saleh
Department of Biochemistry, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman
Eur J Endocrinol 160:301-7. 2009..This study investigated variations in the potent lipogenic factor acylation-stimulating protein (ASP), and examined its association with hormonal and lipid profile alterations across the menstrual cycle...
- Infusion of exogenous tumor necrosis factor dose dependently alters the length of the luteal phase in cattle: differential responses to treatment with indomethacin and L-NAME, a nitric oxide synthase inhibitorDariusz J Skarzynski
Department of Reproductive Immunology, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, PAS, Olsztyn 10 747, Poland
Biol Reprod 76:619-27. 2007..PGE(2) is a good candidate mediator of the luteotropic actions of exogenous TNF action...
- Patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorder have increased startle response across both cycle phases and lower levels of prepulse inhibition during the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycleKristiina Kask
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2283-90. 2008Patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) experience their most intense symptoms during the late luteal phase. The aim of the current study was to compare acoustic startle response and prepulse inhibition in PMDD patients and ..
- Concentration of plasminogen activators and inhibitor in the human endometrium at different phases of the menstrual cycleS C Koh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University of Singapore, National University Hospital
J Reprod Fertil 96:407-13. 1992..Ovarian hormonal patterns may therefore influence the activity of plasminogen activators especially of t-PA in the endometrium during various phases of the menstrual cycle...
- Mifepristone-induced vaginal bleeding is associated with increased immunostaining for cyclooxygenase-2 and decrease in prostaglandin dehydrogenase in luteal phase endometriumDharani K Hapangama
Contraceptive Development Network, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, 37 Chalmers Street, Edinburgh EH3 9ET, Scotland, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5229-34. 2002..and prostaglandin 15 dehydrogenase strongly support the hypothesis that an increase in the local concentration of prostaglandins in the endometrium is involved in the mechanism of bleeding induced by mifepristone in the luteal phase.
- Administration of vascular endothelial growth factor Trap during the 'post-angiogenic' period of the luteal phase causes rapid functional luteolysis and selective endothelial cell death in the marmosetHamish M Fraser
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Reproduction 132:589-600. 2006..now report that administration of VEGF Trap, a soluble decoy receptor-based inhibitor, at the mid- or the late luteal phase in the marmoset results in a rapid decline in plasma progesterone...
- Fetal resorption in rats treated with an antiestrogen in relation to luteal phase nidatory estrogen secretionM M Singh
Endocrinology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 126:444-50. 1992Centchroman was administered to rats in relation to luteal phase nidatory estrogen secreted between 21.00 on day 4 and 10.00 on day 5 of pregnancy. A single oral dose of 1.25 mg/kg before the secretion of nidatory estrogen, i.e. until 21...
- Luteal phase oestradiol suppression by letrozole: a pilot study in oocyte donorsH M Fatemi
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch speaking Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 17:307-11. 2008..conducted in a tertiary referral university hospital to evaluate whether the administration of letrozole in the luteal phase of stimulated IVF cycles, through a decrease in oestradiol, could alter the suppressed LH levels in the luteal ..
- Coexpression of pinopodes and leukemia inhibitory factor, as well as its receptor, in human endometriumLusine Aghajanova
Department of Clinical Science, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Fertil Steril 79:808-14. 2003..To determine cell-type-specific expression of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and LIF receptor (LIFR) proteins relative to formation of pinopodes in human endometrial samples...
- Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder with luteal phase dosing of sertralineUriel Halbreich
Biobehavioural Program, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Hayes C, Suite 1, 3435 Main St, Building 5, Buffalo, NY 14214 3016, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:2065-78. 2003..It is characterised by cyclic appearance at the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, and disappearance following the beginning of menses, with no symptoms during at least 1 ..
- Semen-induced luteal phase and identification of a LH surge in the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus)S D Johnston
School of Animal Studies, The University of Queensland, 4072, Australia
Reproduction 128:629-34. 2004..potential roles of mechanical stimulation of the urogenital sinus and deposition of semen in induction of the luteal phase. In experiment 1, serial blood samples from four koalas that underwent normal mating showed elevated ..
- Unkei-to for correcting luteal phase defectsTakahisa Ushiroyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
J Reprod Med 48:729-34. 2003To assess the clinical efficacy of Unkei-to in women with luteal phase defects.
- Luteal phase treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder improves symptoms that continue into the postmenstrual phaseKimberly A Yonkers
J Affect Disord 85:317-21. 2005Despite the proven efficacy of luteal phase medication dosing for women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), it is not known whether this approach adequately treats symptoms that linger into the first 2-3 days of the follicular ..
- The effect of luteal "rescue" on the expression and localization of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in the human corpus luteumW C Duncan
Medical Research Council Reproductive Biology Unit, Center for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2470-8. 1998..the expression and localization of the major MMPs and TIMPs in the human corpus luteum throughout the luteal phase and after luteal rescue with hCG...
- Luteal phase dose-response relationships of the antiprogestin CDB-2914 in normally cycling womenMaureen D Passaro
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Reprod 18:1820-7. 2003..activity, blood levels and safety of CDB-2914 at escalating single doses, in 36 normally cycling women at mid-luteal phase. CDB-2914 at doses of 1-100 mg did not change luteal phase length, but after 200 mg, all women had early ..
- Letrozole administration during the luteal phase after ovarian stimulation impacts corpus luteum function: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialJuan A Garcia-Velasco
IVI Madrid, Santiago de Compostela 88, Madrid, Spain
Fertil Steril 92:222-5. 2009To investigate the effect of letrozole-an oral aromatase inhibitor-on E(2), P, and LH levels when administered during the luteal phase after oocyte retrieval in IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles.
- Orbitofrontal cortex activity related to emotional processing changes across the menstrual cycleXenia Protopopescu
Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16060-5. 2005..The data also demonstrate that menstrual cycle phase is an important consideration in further studies attempting to elucidate the neural substrates of affective representation...
- Luteal phase administration of agents for the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorderEllen W Freeman
Departments of Obstetrics Gynecology and Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
CNS Drugs 18:453-68. 2004This review focuses on current information about luteal phase administration (i.e. typically for the last 2 weeks of the menstrual cycle) of pharmacological agents for the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...
- Luteal phase support in infertility treatment: a meta-analysis of the randomized trialsE A Pritts
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA and University of Sydney School of Medicine, Sydney, Australia
Hum Reprod 17:2287-99. 2002The addition of GnRH agonist to the treatment regimen in women undergoing IVF cycles is thought to create a luteal phase defect...
- The steroidogenic response and corpus luteum expression of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein after human chorionic gonadotropin administration at different times in the human luteal phasePaulina Kohen
Instituto de Investigaciones Materno Infantil y Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Hospital Clinico San Borja Arriaran, Santiago
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3421-30. 2003..CL) steroidogenesis in response to exogenous human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) at different times during the luteal phase, 2) to examine the effect of hCG on steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) expression within the CL, 3) ..
- Accelerated endometrial maturation in the luteal phase of cycles utilizing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: impact of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists versus antagonistsPeyman Saadat
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Fertil Steril 82:167-71. 2004To evaluate the endometrium obtained during the luteal phase of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) cycles utilizing gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonists, and to compare these findings with those obtained in cycles ..
- A preliminary study of luteal phase versus symptom-onset dosing with escitalopram for premenstrual dysphoric disorderEllen W Freeman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:769-73. 2005This preliminary study compared the efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram administered at symptom onset or throughout the luteal phase in premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
- Dominant expression of porcine Calbindin-D9k in the uterus during a luteal phaseSo-Mi Yun
Laboratory of Veterinary Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Republic of Korea
Mol Reprod Dev 67:251-6. 2004..The CaBP-9k mRNA is highly expressed in the porcine uterus during a luteal phase compared to a follicular phase, and its mRNA level in a luteal phase is increased up to 10-fold compared to a ..
- Morphological changes in breast tissue with menstrual cycleRathi Ramakrishnan
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mod Pathol 15:1348-56. 2002..007). Women with a high morphologic score were seven times as likely to be in luteal phase as were women with a low score (odds ratio, 7.1; 95% confidence interval)...
- The temporal relationship between patterns of LH and FSH secretion, and development of ovulatory-sized follicles during the mid- to late-luteal phase of sheepRaj Duggavathi
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Sask, S7N 5B4, Canada
Theriogenology 64:393-407. 2005..the secretory pattern of serum LH and FSH concentrations and waves of ovarian antral follicles during the luteal phase of the estrous cycle in sheep...
- Luteal phase deficiency in recreational runners: evidence for a hypometabolic stateMary Jane De Souza
Women s Exercise and Bone Health Laboratory, Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2W6
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:337-46. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship of luteal phase deficient (LPD) menstrual cycles to metabolic hormones, including thyroid, insulin, human GH (hGH), leptin, and ..
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and endometrial receptivityPaul Devroey
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Trends Endocrinol Metab 15:84-90. 2004..The aim of this review is to analyse the effects of gonadotropin, GnRH-agonist and GnRH-antagonist administration on endometrial behaviour, to highlight the gaps in current knowledge and to propose areas in which research is needed...
- Peritoneal fluid concentrations of interleukin-8 in patients with endometriosis depend on the severity of the disorder and are higher in the luteal phaseC Calhaz-Jorge
Human Reproduction Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hospital de Santa Maria, Av Prof Egas Moniz, 1649 028 Lisbon, Portugal
Hum Reprod 18:593-7. 2003..Our purpose was to investigate the correlation of the concentrations of IL-8 in the peritoneal fluid with the stage of endometriosis, the presence of red lesions and the phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia associated with intramuscular administration of progesterone as luteal phase support after IVF: case reportY Bouckaert
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, French-speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 19:1806-10. 2004We report two cases of acute eosinophilic pneumonia induced by i.m. administration of progesterone used as luteal phase support after IVF. For both patients, the symptoms began 3 weeks after the first injection of progesterone...
- Menstrual cycle-dependent neural plasticity in the adult human brain is hormone, task, and region specificGuillen Fernandez
Department of Epileptology, University of Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Neurosci 23:3790-5. 2003..In conclusion, our data demonstrate steroid hormone responsivity in the adult human brain by revealing neural plasticity in the language domain, which appears hormone, task, and region specific...
- Gonadotropin and steroid regulation of matrix metalloproteinases and their endogenous tissue inhibitors in the developed corpus luteum of the rhesus monkey during the menstrual cycleKelly A Young
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Biol Reprod 70:244-52. 2004..Hormone ablation/replacement was performed in rhesus monkeys on Days 9-11 of the luteal phase in five treatment groups (n = 4/group): control (no treatment), antide (GnRH antagonist), antide + LH; antide + ..
- Gender-specific cerebral activation during cognitive tasks using functional MRI: comparison of women in mid-luteal phase and menElke R Gizewski
Department of Diagnostic, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Neuroradiology 48:14-20. 2006..Furthermore, among women, such differences may occur during mid-luteal phase compared to the rest of the menstrual cycle...
- Uterine estrogen receptor alpha and progesterone receptor during the follicular and luteal phase in llamasC P Bianchi
Área de Endocrinología, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, U N C P B A, Campus Universitario, Paraje Arroyo Seco S N, Tandil 7000 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Anim Reprod Sci 99:117-26. 2007..endometrial cell types as luminal and glandular epithelium and stroma during the follicular (FP) and the luteal phase (LP) in llamas...
- A quantitative study of changes in the human corpus luteum microvasculature during the menstrual cycleF Gaytan
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cordoba
Biol Reprod 60:914-9. 1999..20-24), old (Days 25-27), early regressing (follicular phase of the following cycle), and late regressing (luteal phase of the following cycle)...
- Expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in the human corpus luteum throughout the luteal phaseL Devoto
Instituto de Investigaciones Materno Infantil, IDIMI y Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecología, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5633-9. 2001..the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) in the human corpus luteum (CL) was examined throughout the luteal phase. The primary 1.6-kb StAR transcript was in greater abundance in early (3.1-fold) and mid (2...
- A study of luteal phase expression of inhibin, activin, and follistatin subunits in the endometrium of women with recurrent miscarriageAlka Prakash
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Jessop Wing, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 86:1723-30. 2006To compare the luteal phase endometrial expression of inhibin, activin, and follistatin subunits in women with recurrent miscarriage compared to a control group...
- The luteal phase of recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone/gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist in vitro fertilization cycles during supplementation with progesterone or progesterone and estradiolHuman M Fatemi
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch Speaking Free University, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 87:504-8. 2007To explore luteal phase hormone profiles in patients stimulated with recombinant FSH and GnRH antagonist for IVF under two different modes of luteal support: P and P with E(2).
- Evidence for a role of capillary pericytes in vascular growth of the developing ovine corpus luteumD A Redmer
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Biol Reprod 65:879-89. 2001..Pericytes represented a large proportion of the proliferating cells during the early luteal phase and then decreased dramatically...
- The oral contraceptive containing 30 microg of ethinylestradiol plus 3 mg of drospirenone is able to antagonize the increase of extracellular water occurring in healthy young women during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle: an observational studyFranca Fruzzetti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pisa, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Contraception 75:199-203. 2007..This nonrandomized study aimed to evaluate body weight and composition during the menstrual cycle and during oral contraception with 30 microg of ethinylestradiol plus 3 mg of drospirenone (EE+DRSP)...
- Global gene analysis of late secretory phase, eutopic endometrium does not provide the basis for a minimally invasive test of endometriosisJ R A Sherwin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Rosie Hospital, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SW, UK
Hum Reprod 23:1063-8. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that endometrial gene expression in late secretory phase endometrium differs between patients with and without endometriosis...
- Luteal phase support with GnRH-a improves implantation and pregnancy rates in IVF cycles with endometrium of <or=7 mm on day of egg retrievalH Qublan
Infertility and IVF Center, Prince Rashed Hospital, Irbid, Jordan
Hum Fertil (Camb) 11:43-7. 2008The objective of this study was to examine the use of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) for luteal phase in a group of patients with thin endometrium (<or=7 mm) after IVF treatment.
- Systematic determination of differential gene expression in the primate corpus luteum during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycleRandy L Bogan
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University West Campus, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:1260-73. 2008..was utilized to systematically identify differentially expressed genes in the rhesus macaque CL during the luteal phase of natural menstrual cycles...
- Single-dose GnRH agonist administration in the luteal phase of GnRH antagonist cycles: a prospective randomized studyA Z Isik
Ankara Private IVF Center, Ankara, Turkey
Reprod Biomed Online 19:472-7. 2009..05). Administration of single-dose GnRH agonist as a luteal-phase support in ovarian stimulation-GnRH antagonist cycles in addition to standard luteal support seems to be effective in all cycle outcome parameters...
- Luteal phase supportAlan S Penzias
Boston IVF, 40 Second Avenue, Suite 300, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Fertil Steril 77:318-23. 2002To develop a consensus regarding the need for luteal phase support during assisted reproductive technology (ART), and to establish the optimal compound and route of administration for this purpose.
- Extension of GnRH agonist through the luteal phase to improve the outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injectionMete Isikoglu
Antalya IVF, Antalya, Turkey
J Reprod Med 52:639-44. 2007To investigate the effect of continuous administration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) during the luteal phase in an intracytoplasmic sperm injection program.
- Characterization of progesterone profiles in fall-calving Norwegian Red cowsR T Garmo
Department of Production Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, NO 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Dairy Sci 92:4919-28. 2009..e., during estrus); however, cows that had experienced PCL were more likely to be inseminated during a luteal phase. The occurrence of delayed ovulation and PCL in Norwegian Red cows was less than that reported in most other ..
- Density of small diameter sensory nerve fibres in endometrium: a semi-invasive diagnostic test for minimal to mild endometriosisA Bokor
Experimental Laboratory for Gynaecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Hum Reprod 24:3025-32. 2009....
- Endometrial development and function in experimentally induced luteal phase deficiencyRebecca S Usadi
Carolinas Medical Center, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Charlotte, North Carolina 28232 2861, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4058-64. 2008It is generally assumed that delayed endometrial development observed in luteal phase deficiency (LPD) is the result of abnormally low progesterone (P) levels. This hypothesis has never been tested by direct experiment.
- Prostaglandin synthesis, metabolism, and signaling potential in the rhesus macaque corpus luteum throughout the luteal phase of the menstrual cycleRandy L Bogan
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Endocrinology 149:5861-71. 2008..family members that synthesize PGF2alpha from other prostaglandins were observed throughout the rhesus macaque luteal phase, thus supporting the possibility of intraluteal PGF2alpha production...
- GnRH agonist as luteal phase support in assisted reproduction technique cycles: results of a pilot studyC Pirard
Department of Gynecology, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, , Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 21:1894-900. 2006..Groups B and C were discontinued prematurely in view of the short luteal phase. The luteal phase was significantly shorter in groups B, C and D, whereas group E was comparable with group A, ..
- Luteal phase estradiol level: a potential predictive marker for successful pregnancy in in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injectionAshalatha Ganesh
School of Medical Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Fertil Steril 91:1018-22. 2009..To analyze the role of luteal E(2), P, and FSH levels in the prediction of clinical pregnancy in stimulated cycles...
- The role of estradiol and progesterone in modulating the subjective effects of stimulants in humansSuzette M Evans
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:418-26. 2007..the follicular phase (characterized by moderate estradiol levels and minimal progesterone levels) than in the luteal phase (characterized by elevated estradiol levels and elevated progesterone levels)...
- Effects of the menstrual cycle on auditory event-related potentialsVerena Walpurger
Department of Psychoneuroendocrinology, , , Germany
Horm Behav 46:600-6. 2004..In the luteal phase, early ERPs reflecting the cortical arousal response were diminished in the first stimulus block indicating an ..
- Does oral contraceptive use affect maximum force production in women?K J Elliott
Applied Biomedical Sciences Research Group, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, Shepherds House, Guys Campus, London SE1 1UL corrected
Br J Sports Med 39:15-9. 2005..To examine the effects of oral contraceptive use on maximum force production in young women...
- Decreased expression of endometrial vessel AQP1 and endometrial epithelium AQP2 related to anovulatory uterine bleeding in premenopausal womenChun Feng
Department of Reproductive Endocrinology, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Menopause 15:648-54. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the characteristics of endometrial AQPs in women with anovulatory uterine bleeding and explore the relationship between endometrial AQPs and ovarian steroids...
- Menstrual cycle effects on hypothalamic dopamine receptor function in women with a history of puerperal bipolar disorderA Wieck
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 17:204-9. 2003..measured in the early follicular phase, when plasma concentrations of ovarian hormones are low, and in the mid-luteal phase, when they are relatively high...
- Levonorgestrel administration in emergency contraception: bleeding pattern and pituitary-ovarian functionAlessandra Tirelli
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Pediatrics Sciences, Obstetrics and Gynecology Unit, Policlinico of Modena, Via del Pozzo 71, Modena, Italy
Contraception 77:328-32. 2008..This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of levonorgestrel administration for emergency contraception (EC) on bleeding pattern and pituitary-ovarian function...
- Fetal programming: testosterone exposure of the female sheep during midgestation disrupts the dynamics of its adult gonadotropin secretion during the periovulatory periodMozhgan Savabieasfahani
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Biol Reprod 72:221-9. 2005....
- Cyclic changes in the mammary gland of cynomolgus macaquesPetra Stute
The Comparative Medicine Clinical Research Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157-1040, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1160-70. 2004..For lobules, Ki67 expression was higher in the follicular than in the luteal phase. In ducts, Ki67 expression was higher in the luteal than in the follicular phase...
- Effect of the menstrual cycle on standard achromatic and blue-on-yellow visual field analysis of women with migraineIclal Yucel
Department of Ophthalmology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Can J Ophthalmol 40:51-7. 2005..ocular examination including SAP and SWAP in both the follicular phase (12th to 13th day of the cycle) and the luteal phase (1 to 2 days before the onset of bleeding) of two consecutive menstrual cycles...
- Effects of inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor at time of selection on follicular angiogenesis, expansion, development and atresia in the marmosetP D Taylor
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 13:729-36. 2007..Ovaries from controls were assessed on Day 5 (time of selection), Day 10 (peri-ovulatory) and Day 15 (luteal phase). At Day 10, ovaries of four of the five controls contained dominant follicles, while one had ovulated...
- [The menstrual cycle and the skin]Birgit Grabmeier
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 3:52-63; quiz 64-5. 2005
- Exogenous progesterone attenuates the subjective effects of smoked cocaine in women, but not in menSuzette M Evans
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:659-74. 2006..showed that the positive subjective effects of cocaine were higher during the follicular phase compared to the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- No effect of menstrual cycle on myofibrillar and connective tissue protein synthesis in contracting skeletal muscleBenjamin F Miller
Institute of Sports Medicine, Copenhagen
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E163-E168. 2006..Fifteen young, healthy female subjects were studied in the follicular (FP, n=8) or the luteal phase (LP, n=7, n=1 out of phase) 24 h after an acute bout of one-legged exercise (60 min of kicking at 67% W(max)), ..
- Relationship between sex hormone-binding globulin and pregnancy outcome in women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for assisted reproductionKuo-Cherng Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Institute of Medical Research, Chang Jung University, Changhua 500, Taiwan
Endocr J 52:407-12. 2005..were significantly higher, while the level of T and the free androgen index were significantly lower, in the luteal phase of women who conceived than in those who did not conceive following COH...
- Physical activity of adult female rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta) across the menstrual cycleNathan A Hunnell
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1520-5. 2007..This finding will allow investigators to record physical activity in female primates without the concern of controlling for the phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Safety and efficacy of low dose hCG for luteal support after triggering ovulation with a GnRH agonist in cases of polyfollicular developmentB Th Krause
IVF Zentrum Muenster, Hoetteweg 5 7, 48143 Muenster, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 126:87-92. 2006..But conflicting results are reported on the efficiency of subsequent luteal support using hCG and/or progesterone supplementation...
- [Influence of estrogens on the impedance of cerebral blood vessels]Jan Kochanowicz
Klinika Neurochirurgii, Akademia Medyczna w Białymstoku
Neurol Neurochir Pol 39:175-80. 2005..In this contribution we studied the influence of endogenous estrogen on the flow in the carotid arteries and on the cerebrovascular impedance...
- No effect of menstrual cycle phase on glycerol or palmitate kinetics during 90 min of moderate exerciseTracy J Horton
Department of Pediatrics, Campus Box C225, Univ of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Appl Physiol 100:917-25. 2006....
- Aromatase is differentially expressed in peripheral blood leukocytes from children, and adult female and male subjectsA Vottero
Department of Pediatrics, University of Parma, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 154:425-31. 2006..In addition, differences in gene expression during the follicular and luteal phase of the menstrual cycle in women, and before and after testosterone administration in men, were estimated...
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and ..
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2007..axis, either during the periovulatory interval (Protocol 1: GnRH antagonist plus an hCG bolus) or the luteal phase (Protocol 2: GnRH antagonist plus hl_H tid) of the natural menstrual cycle...
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard L Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2010..axis, either during the periovulatory interval (Protocol 1: GnRH antagonist plus an hCG bolus) or the luteal phase (Protocol 2: GnRH antagonist plus hl_Htid) of the natural menstrual cycle...
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2009..axis, either during the periovulatory interval (Protocol 1: GnRH antagonist plus an hCG bolus) or the luteal phase (Protocol 2: GnRH antagonist plus hl_Htid) of the natural menstrual cycle...
- GENDER,NICOTINE AND STRESS-INDUCED ANALGESIASUSAN GIRDLER; Fiscal Year: 2004..one session during the late follicular phase (days 9- 12; high estrogen) and one session during their luteal phase (5- 10 days after ovulation; high estrogen and progestins). Men will also be tested three times...
- Neuroactive Steroid Therapy of Catamenial EpilepsyDOODIPALA REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will rate the severity of behavioral and electrographic seizures during pseudopregnancy (like luteal phase) and the withdrawal period (like menstruation)...
- SEX AND MENSTRUAL CYCLE EFFECTS ON PAIN AND ANALGESIARoger Fillingim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both groups of females will participate in each drug condition once during the follicular and once during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, and males will participate at similar time intervals...
- REGULATION OF THE CORPUS LUTEUMAnthony Zeleznik; Fiscal Year: 2003..a dramatic decrease in the responsiveness of the corpus luteum to LH that occurs during the mid through late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle that is ultimately responsible for luteal regression...
- Anorectic Drugs: Abuse and Behavioral Mechanisms of ActionRichard W Foltin; Fiscal Year: 2010..females will eat more palatable food and smoke more methamphetamine during the follicular phase than the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle;4) females will be more sensitive to the effects of amphetamine during the follicular ..
- Anorectic Drugs: Abuse and Behavioral Mechanisms of ActionRICHARD FOLTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) females will eat more palatable food and smoke more methamphetamine during the follicular phase than the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle; 4) females will be more sensitive to the effects of amphetamine during the follicular ..
- Anorectic Drugs: Abuse and Behavioral Mechanisms of ActionRICHARD FOLTIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) females will eat more palatable food and smoke more methamphetamine during the follicular phase than the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle; 4) females will be more sensitive to the effects of amphetamine during the follicular ..
- Differential regulation of kisspeptin, dynorphin, and NKB in the same neuronsRobert Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2007..First we use liquid chromoatograph and mass spectrometry to monitor all three peptides in CSF collected from luteal phase, ovariectomized and steroid-treated ovariectomized ewes...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..is associated with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse ..