Genomes and Genes
Summary: The period in the MENSTRUAL CYCLE that follows OVULATION, characterized by the development of CORPUS LUTEUM, increase in PROGESTERONE production by the OVARY and secretion by the glandular epithelium of the ENDOMETRIUM. The luteal phase begins with ovulation and ends with the onset of MENSTRUATION.
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Fear recognition across the menstrual cycleRebecca Pearson
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3AT, UK
Horm Behav 47:267-71. 2005..The results have implications for the processes that underlie fear processing and a possible insight into the sexual dimorphism of this ability and conditions that show variations in fear recognition (e.g., autism, Turner syndrome)...
- High susceptibility to repeated, low-dose, vaginal SHIV exposure late in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle of pigtail macaquesSundaram A Vishwanathan
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:261-4. 2011..Eighteen macaques (95%) first displayed viremia in the follicular phase, as compared with 1 macaque (5%) in the luteal phase (P < 0.0001)...
- Steroid receptor expression in late follicular phase endometrium in GnRH antagonist IVF cycles is already altered, indicating initiation of early luteal phase transformation in the absence of secretory changesEvangelos G Papanikolaou
University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, AZ VUB, Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Laarbeeklaaan 101, 1090 Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 20:1541-7. 2005Ovarian stimulation for IVF profoundly alters the early luteal phase endometrial development...
- Nonsupplemented luteal phase characteristics after the administration of recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin, recombinant luteinizing hormone, or gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist to induce final oocyte maturation in in vitro fertilizatioNicole G M Beckers
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4186-92. 2003..IVF) by the late follicular phase administration of GnRH antagonist may render supplementation of the luteal phase redundant, because of the known rapid recovery of pituitary function after antagonist cessation...
- Estrogen addition to progesterone for luteal phase support in cycles stimulated with GnRH analogues and gonadotrophins for IVF: a systematic review and meta-analysisE M Kolibianakis
Unit for Human Reproduction, 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Nea Efkarpia Peripheral Road, Thessaloniki 54603, Greece
Hum Reprod 23:1346-54. 2008..The purpose of the present systematic review and meta-analysis was to examine whether the probability of pregnancy is increased by adding estrogen to progesterone for luteal phase support in patients treated by in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- The luteal phase after GnRH-agonist triggering of ovulation: present and future perspectivesPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Reprod Biomed Online 24:134-41. 2012In stimulated IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles, the luteal phase is disrupted, necessitating luteal-phase supplementation...
- Genome-wide gene expression analysis reveals a dynamic interplay between luteotropic and luteolytic factors in the regulation of corpus luteum function in the bonnet monkey (Macaca radiata)S Priyanka
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Endocrinology 150:1473-84. 2009..by real-time RT-PCR analysis, and expression of these genes was also examined in the CL throughout the luteal phase and from monkeys treated with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to mimic early pregnancy...
- The effects of smoked cocaine during the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle in womenSuzette M Evans
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 66, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:397-406. 2002..Few studies have systematically determined whether the response to cocaine in human females is related to hormonal fluctuations at different phases of the menstrual cycle...
- Genomic profiling of microRNAs and messenger RNAs reveals hormonal regulation in microRNA expression in human endometriumSatu Kuokkanen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Cooperative Center for the Study of Reproduction and Infertility Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biol Reprod 82:791-801. 2010..Thus, our findings suggest a role for miRNAs in down-regulating the expression of some cell cycle genes in the secretory-phase endometrial epithelium, thereby suppressing cell proliferation...
- GnRH agonist for triggering of final oocyte maturation: time for a change of practice?P Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Resenvej 25, Skive, Denmark
Hum Reprod Update 17:510-24. 2011..initially a poor reproductive outcome was reported after GnRHa triggering, due to an apparently uncorrectable luteal phase deficiency. Therefore, the challenge has been to rescue the luteal phase...
- Microarray profiling of progesterone-regulated endometrial genes during the rhesus monkey secretory phaseChristopher I Ace
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:54. 2004..Endometrial receptivity is a complex process that is spatially and temporally restricted and the identity of genes that regulate receptivity has been pursued by a number of investigators...
- Angiogenesis and vascular function in the ovaryR S Robinson
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science Division of Animal Sciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 5RD, UK
Reproduction 138:869-81. 2009..Finally, the targeted promotion of angiogenesis may lead to the development of novel strategies to alleviate luteal inadequacy and infertility...
- Vaginal progesterone gel for luteal phase support in IVF/ICSI cycles: a meta-analysisNikolaos P Polyzos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Larissa, University of Thessalia, Larissa, Greece
Fertil Steril 94:2083-7. 2010..To investigate whether vaginal progesterone gel may result in similar or higher pregnancy rates compared with all other vaginal progesterone forms when used for luteal-phase support...
- Evaluation of models to induce low progesterone during the early luteal phase in cattleM E Beltman
Veterinary Sciences Centre, UCD School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Theriogenology 72:986-92. 2009..In summary, treatment with PGF(2alpha) on Days 3, 3.5, and 4 postestrus appeared to provide the best model to induce reduced circulating progesterone concentrations during the early luteal phase in cattle.
- Inhibition of early luteal angiogenesis by gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist treatment in the primateS E Dickson
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:2339-44. 2000..The aim of this study was to: 1) quantify endothelial cell proliferation throughout the luteal phase of the marmoset ovulatory cycle; 2) determine the effect of gonadotropin withdrawal using GnRH antagonist ..
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and luteal phase consequencesBart C J M Fauser
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:236-42. 2003..Here, we discuss recent approaches to ovarian stimulation, the induction of oocyte maturation, and effects of these altered follicular phase interventions on corpus luteum function following ovarian stimulation...
- Facial emotion discrimination across the menstrual cycle in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and controlsDavid R Rubinow
Behavioral Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda MD 20892 1276, United States
J Affect Disord 104:37-44. 2007..in facial expression task to women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) to determine whether processing errors similar to those in depression were present and whether they were confined to the luteal phase (i.e., state dependent).
- Immature oocyte retrieval in the luteal phase to preserve fertility in cancer patientsEzgi Demirtas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill Reproductive Center, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Reprod Biomed Online 17:520-3. 2008..They were first seen during the luteal phase of their menstrual cycle and were to undergo gonadotoxic treatment imminently...
- Evaluation of an optimal luteal phase support protocol in IVFM Ludwig
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, , , Germany
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:452-66. 2001SUBJECT: Luteal phase support has been shown in the past to be an essential part of ovarian stimulation protocols, especially the long protocol...
- Luteal angiogenesis: prevention and intervention by treatment with vascular endothelial growth factor trap(A40)C Wulff
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom EH3 9ET
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3377-86. 2001..Luteal Flt mRNA expression is dependent upon VEGF, and VEGF inhibition results in abortive increases in expression of VEGF, angiopoietin-2, and Tie-2...
- Abnormal endometrial development occurs during the luteal phase of nonsupplemented donor cycles treated with recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonistsEfstratios M Kolibianakis
Fertil Steril 80:464-6. 2003
- Vascular endothelial growth factor Trap suppresses ovarian function at all stages of the luteal phase in the macaqueHamish M Fraser
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5811-8. 2005..The role of angiogenic factors, such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), in luteal function has yet to be defined in primates...
- Effect of low-dose mifepristone administration on day 2 after ovulation on transcript profiles in implantation-stage endometrium of rhesus monkeysD Ghosh
Department of Physiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Reproduction 138:357-70. 2009..A new cohort of 28 gene products in implantation-stage endometrium was seen to be affected by luteal-phase mifepristone...
- A quantitative study of changes in the human corpus luteum microvasculature during the menstrual cycleF Gaytan
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cordoba
Biol Reprod 60:914-9. 1999..20-24), old (Days 25-27), early regressing (follicular phase of the following cycle), and late regressing (luteal phase of the following cycle)...
- Comparison of LH concentrations in the early and mid-luteal phase in IVF cycles after treatment with HMG alone or in association with the GnRH antagonist CetrorelixA Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch-Speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 16:663-7. 2001..Ovarian stimulation for IVF has been associated with a defective luteal phase. The luteal phases of two groups of patients with normal menstrual cycles and no endocrinological cause of ..
- Blood to the cornual area of the uterus is mainly supplied from the ovarian artery in the follicular phase and from the uterine artery in the luteal phaseEttore Cicinelli
First Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare, I 70124 Bari, Italy
Hum Reprod 19:1003-8. 2004..To clarify this issue, we studied the spatial propagation of temperature changes following cooling of the upper vaginal area...
- Control of human luteal steroidogenesisLuigi Devoto
Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto de Investigaciones Materno Infantil, IDIMI y Universidad de Chile, PO Box 226 3, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Endocrinol 186:137-41. 2002..in LH and LH receptor expression do not explain the marked decline in progesterone production at the end of the luteal phase. Changes in the level of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), a gene whose expression is ..
- Hormonal manipulations in the luteal phase to coordinate subsequent antral follicle growth during ovarian stimulationRenato Fanchin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141, Clamart, France
Reprod Biomed Online 10:721-8. 2005..result from the early exposure of FSH-sensitive follicles to gradient FSH concentrations during the preceding luteal phase. In addition, they potentially affect the results of ovarian stimulation...
- Altered sensitivity to alcohol in the late luteal phase among patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorderSigrid Nyberg
Department of Clinical Science, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Umea University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:767-77. 2004..Although the majority of prior studies have indicated that alcohol sensitivity does not differ between menstrual cycle phases, patients with PMDD have thus far not been studied...
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptor in human uterus in luteal phase and in early and late gestationG Valdes
Departmentos de Nefrología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Endocrine 16:207-15. 2001..to evaluate the temporospatial pattern of key components of the kallikreinkinin system in human uterus in luteal phase (n = 7), early pregnancy (isolated spontaneous abortions, n = 11; ectopic pregnancies, n = 9), idiopathic ..
- Changes in gene expression during the early to mid-luteal (receptive phase) transition in human endometrium detected by high-density microarray screeningDaniel D Carson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 8:871-9. 2002..Some of these gene products, e.g. OPN, may play direct roles in embryo-uterine interactions during the implantation process...
- Sex steroid hormones, stress response, and drug craving in cocaine-dependent women: implications for relapse susceptibilityRajita Sinha
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:445-52. 2007....
- Luteal phase supportAlan S Penzias
Boston IVF, 40 Second Avenue, Suite 300, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Fertil Steril 77:318-23. 2002To develop a consensus regarding the need for luteal phase support during assisted reproductive technology (ART), and to establish the optimal compound and route of administration for this purpose.
- Luteal-phase accentuation of acoustic startle response in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorderCynthia Neill Epperson
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2190-8. 2007..fluctuations in neuroactive steroids are thought to underlie the emergence of negative affect in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...
- Ovarian stimulation to cryopreserve fertilized oocytes in cancer patients can be started in the luteal phaseMichael von Wolff
Department of Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Women s University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Fertil Steril 92:1360-5. 2009To analyze if oocytes can be obtained in all patients before cancer treatment within 2 weeks by initiating ovarian stimulation during the follicular or luteal phase.
- Changes in mood, cognitive performance and appetite in the late luteal and follicular phases of the menstrual cycle in women with and without PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder)Stephanie Collins Reed
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 120, New York, NY 10032, USA
Horm Behav 54:185-93. 2008..of ten sessions: two practice sessions, 4 sessions during the follicular phase and 4 sessions during the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Luteal phase support in assisted reproductive technologyRecai Pabuccu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:277-81. 2005..The purpose of this review is to discuss luteal support in assisted reproduction and to provide an evidence-based overview of the current options available...
- Plasma progesterone concentrations in the mid-luteal phase are dependent on luteal size, but independent of luteal blood flow and gene expression in lactating dairy cowsJ Lüttgenau
Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation, Bischofsholer Damm 15, D 30173 Hannover, Germany
Anim Reprod Sci 125:20-9. 2011..Results indicate that plasma P(4) concentrations in the mid-luteal phase were dependent on luteal size, but independent of blood flow and gene expression per luteal tissue unit.
- Ovulation induction disrupts luteal phase functionA Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch speaking Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Ann N Y Acad Sci 943:55-63. 2001Abnormalities in the luteal phase have been detected in virtually all the stimulation protocols used in in vitro fertilization, on both the hormonal and endometrial levels...
- Ascorbic acid supplement during luteal phase in IVFGeorg Griesinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel, Austria
J Assist Reprod Genet 19:164-8. 2002To evaluate the impact of ascorbic acid of different doses as additional support during luteal phase in infertility treatment by means of a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, group comparative, double-blind study.
- Effect of different levels of short-term feed intake on folliculogenesis and follicular fluid and plasma concentrations of lactate dehydrogenase, glucose, and hormones in Hu sheep during the luteal phaseShijia Ying
Institute of Sheep and Goat Science, Center of Animal Embryo Engineering and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Jiangsu, Nanjing 210095, China
Reproduction 142:699-710. 2011..This may not be due to the variation of intrafollicular insulin level but rather due to decreased circulating levels of glucose, insulin, and glucagon...
- Dynamics of serum anti-Müllerian hormone levels during the luteal phase of controlled ovarian hyperstimulationRenato Fanchin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Hum Reprod 20:747-51. 2005To investigate the dynamics of serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) levels during the luteal phase of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) and its possible association with follicle development.
- Prospective randomized study comparing luteal phase support for ICSI patients up to the first ultrasound compared with an additional three weeksMohamed A Aboulghar
The Egyptian IVF ET Centre, 3 St 161 Hadaek El Maadi, Maadi, Cairo 11431, Egypt
Hum Reprod 23:857-62. 2008There is a consensus that administration of progesterone to women after IVF for luteal phase support (LPS) is associated with a higher ongoing pregnancy rate...
- Interferon-related and other immune genes are downregulated in peripheral blood leukocytes in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycleChrysoula Dosiou
Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2501-4. 2004..differences in immune gene expression, with significant down-regulation of the Th1 immune response in the luteal phase. A significant number of interferon (IFN)-related genes are amongst the downregulated genes...
- Autonomic nervous system activity in the late luteal phase of eumenorrheic women with premenstrual symptomatologyTamaki Matsumoto
Department of Health Science, International Buddhist University, Osaka, Japan
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 27:131-9. 2006..significantly increased and the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) activity apparently decreased in the late luteal phase in subjects whose premenstrual symptomatology was not unbearable, but substantially increased (> 20%) ..
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and endometrial receptivityPaul Devroey
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Trends Endocrinol Metab 15:84-90. 2004..The aim of this review is to analyse the effects of gonadotropin, GnRH-agonist and GnRH-antagonist administration on endometrial behaviour, to highlight the gaps in current knowledge and to propose areas in which research is needed...
- Timing luteal phase support in GnRH agonist down-regulated IVF/embryo transfer cyclesMonique H Mochtar
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 21:905-8. 2006The aim of this study was to compare the effect of three different times of onset of luteal phase support on ongoing pregnancy rate in infertile patients undergoing treatment with GnRH down-regulated IVF and embryo transfer (IVF/ET).
- Luteal phase support using either Crinone 8% or Utrogest: results of a prospective, randomized studyM Ludwig
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 103:48-52. 2002The Crinone 8% preparation makes it possible to administer natural progesterone (90 mg) vaginally once daily for luteal phase support (LPS)...
- Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone-antagonist luteolysis during the preceding mid-luteal phase is a feasible protocol in ovarian hyperstimulation before in vitro fertilizationBarbro E Friden
IVF Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:812-6. 2005..were to investigate whether a high dose of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone antagonist during the preceding luteal phase yields satisfactory luteolysis and downregulation prior to ovarian hyperstimulation in an in vitro ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of vaginal progesterone capsules (Utrogest 200) compared with progesterone gel (Crinone 8%) for luteal phase support during assisted reproductionJürgen Kleinstein
Clinic for Reproductive Medicine and Gynecologic Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Fertil Steril 83:1641-9. 2005To demonstrate the comparative efficacy and tolerability of capsules containing 200 mg of P (Utrogest 200) or Crinone 8% gel for luteal phase and early pregnancy support during assisted reproduction techniques (ART).
- Live births after management of severe OHSS by GnRH antagonist administration in the luteal phaseT G Lainas
Eugonia Iatriki Erevna IVF Centre, 7 Ventiri street, Athens, 11528, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 19:789-95. 2009..Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist administration in the luteal phase was recently proposed as a new approach for the management of patients with established severe OHSS...
- A randomized trial of microdose leuprolide acetate protocol versus luteal phase ganirelix protocol in predicted poor respondersAndrea J DiLuigi
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, University of Connecticut Heath Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 95:2531-3. 2011..patients undergoing a microdose leuprolide acetate (LA) protocol or a GnRH antagonist protocol incorporating a luteal phase E(2) patch and GnRH antagonist in the preceding menstrual cycle...
- The impact of luteal phase support on gene expression of extracellular matrix protein and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium during the window of implantation following controlled ovarian stimulation with a GnRH antagonist protocolYulian Zhao
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2264-71. 2010To evaluate the impact of two different luteal phase support protocols on gene expression of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium.
- Personality disorders and depressive symptoms in late luteal phase dysphoric disorderD De Ronchi
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 69:27-34. 2000Although many significant studies of late luteal phase dysphoric disorder (LLPD) have been carried out, some conflicting findings on the relationships between personality disorders, depressive symptoms, hostility and LLPD deserve further ..
- Withdrawal and pre-menstrual symptomatology during the menstrual cycle in short-term smoking abstinence: effects of menstrual cycle on smoking abstinenceS S Allen
Department of Family Practice and Community Health, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 1:129-42. 1999..the hypothesis that withdrawal symptomatology in short-term smoking cessation in women is increased in the late luteal phase when pre-menstrual symptomatology is the highest...
- Effect of luteal-phase support on endometrial L-selectin ligand expression after recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and ganirelix acetate for in vitro fertilizationNikos F Vlahos
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 601 North Caroline Street, JHOC 1211, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4043-9. 2006The impact of different types of luteal phase support on endometrial receptivity after ovarian stimulation has not been investigated.
- Vaginal progesterone as luteal phase support in an IVF/GIFT programmeD W Polson
Monash IVF Programme, Infertility Medical Centre, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 46:35-8. 1992To determine whether luteal phase support with vaginal progesterone could improve pregnancy rates in our IVF/GIFT programme, we performed a prospective randomised controlled study...
- Crinone vaginal gel is equally effective and better tolerated than intramuscular progesterone for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cycles: a prospective randomized studyElena Yanushpolsky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 6114, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2596-9. 2010To compare the efficacy of Crinone vaginal gel and intramuscular progesterone (IMP) for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer (IVF-ET) with respect to pregnancy rates and outcomes, and to assess patient ..
- Administration of single-dose GnRH agonist in the luteal phase in ICSI cycles: a meta-analysisJoao Batista A Oliveira
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Botucatu Medical School São Paulo State University UNESP Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:107. 2010The effects of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) administered in the luteal phase remains controversial...
- Estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase of in vitro fertilization cycles: a prospective randomised studyEsra Tonguc
Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 154:172-6. 2011To find the optimal dosage of estradiol (E2) for luteal phase support through the addition of different doses of E2 to progeserone (P) luteal phase support in patients undergoing long GnRH agonist in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments.
- Luteal phase support in infertility treatment: a meta-analysis of the randomized trialsE A Pritts
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA and University of Sydney School of Medicine, Sydney, Australia
Hum Reprod 17:2287-99. 2002The addition of GnRH agonist to the treatment regimen in women undergoing IVF cycles is thought to create a luteal phase defect...
- Influence of short-term fasting during the luteal phase of the estrous cycle on ovarian follicular development during the ensuing proestrus of ewesB M Alexander
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Dept 3684, 1000 E University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 97:356-63. 2007..2) by fasting at any time period. Fasting during the luteal phase perturbs gonadotropin secretion and may influence fertility by causing a delay in ovarian follicle development.
- Alterations in systemic concentrations of progesterone during the early luteal phase affect RBP4 expression in the bovine uterusMichael P Mullen
Animal and Bioscience Research Department, Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc, Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co Galway, Ireland
Reprod Fertil Dev 24:715-22. 2012..The objective of the present study was to examine how changes in progesterone concentrations during the early luteal phase affect retinol-binding protein (RBP4) mRNA and protein concentrations in the uterus...
- Follicular and luteal phase endometrial thickness and echogenic pattern and pregnancy outcome in oocyte donation cyclesMatthew A Barker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Good Samaritan Hospital, 3219 Clifton Ave Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 26:243-9. 2009..To study the effect of endometrial thickness (ET) and echogenic pattern (EP) in oocyte donation cycles upon pregnancy outcomes...
- The effect of luteal phase vaginal estradiol supplementation on the success of in vitro fertilization treatment: a prospective randomized studyLawrence Engmann
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 89:554-61. 2008To determine whether the use of luteal phase vaginal E(2) supplementation improves clinical pregnancy rates in patients undergoing IVF treatment.
- Comparison of pregnancy outcomes of progesterone or progesterone + estradiol for luteal phase support in ICSI-ET cyclesH Gorkemli
ART Unit of Selcuk University, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Konya, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 58:140-4. 2004To find out the effect of estradiol with progesterone for luteal phase support in IVF-ICSI cycles.
- Optimization of estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase improves the pregnancy rate in women undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cyclesKrzysztof Lukaszuk
INVICTA Fertility and Reproductive Center, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Fertil Steril 83:1372-6. 2005To evaluate the influence of different E2 supplementation doses during the luteal phase on implantation and pregnancy rates in women undergoing intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles.
- Patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorder have increased startle modulation during anticipation in the late luteal phase period in comparison to control subjectsElin Bannbers
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:1184-92. 2011..pleasant and unpleasant pictures and positive and negative anticipation stimuli during the follicular and luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Increased tumor necrosis factor-alpha in whole blood during the luteal phase of ovulatory cyclesJosephine H Amory
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Box 356460, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Reprod Med 49:678-82. 2004..To evaluate whether the fact that blood from premenopausal, ovulatory women shows a significant fluctuation in tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) levels when tested randomly over time is related to the hormonal cycle...
- Protein expression profiling of endometriosis: validation of 2-mm tissue microarraysAparna A Kamat
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1681-3. 2004..Tissue microarray analyses of immunohistochemical profiles of estrogen receptor-alpha and P receptor corroborate previously published results from the use of conventional immunohistochemistry, thus validating TMA use in endometriosis...
- Estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase of IVF-ICSI patients: a randomized, controlled trialJosé Serna
IVI Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Fertil Steril 90:2190-5. 2008To evaluate the effectiveness of transdermal E(2) administration in the luteal phase of IVF/ICSI cycles.
- The use of estradiol for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles: a systematic review and meta-analysisTarek A Gelbaya
Department of Reproductive Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Central Manchester and Manchester Children s University Hospitals, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 90:2116-25. 2008..To investigate the effect of luteal E(2) supplementation on the pregnancy rate of IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles...
- Effects of estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase of in vitro fertilization cycles: a meta-analysisByung Chul Jee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Bundang, Seongnam, Gyeonggi 463 707, South Korea
Fertil Steril 93:428-36. 2010..To clarify whether adding E(2) to standard luteal P supplementation is beneficial both in GnRH agonist and antagonist IVF cycles...
- The immune response during the luteal phase of the ovarian cycle: increasing sensitivity of human monocytes to endotoxinA Bouman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University and University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 76:555-9. 2001To test the hypothesis that during the luteal phase of the human ovarian cycle, as compared with the follicular phase, the percentage of cytokines producing peripheral monocytes after in vitro stimulation with endotoxin is increased.
- Coexpression of pinopodes and leukemia inhibitory factor, as well as its receptor, in human endometriumLusine Aghajanova
Department of Clinical Science, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Fertil Steril 79:808-14. 2003..To determine cell-type-specific expression of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and LIF receptor (LIFR) proteins relative to formation of pinopodes in human endometrial samples...
- Semen-induced luteal phase and identification of a LH surge in the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus)S D Johnston
School of Animal Studies, The University of Queensland, 4072, Australia
Reproduction 128:629-34. 2004..potential roles of mechanical stimulation of the urogenital sinus and deposition of semen in induction of the luteal phase. In experiment 1, serial blood samples from four koalas that underwent normal mating showed elevated ..
- Patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorder have increased startle response across both cycle phases and lower levels of prepulse inhibition during the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycleKristiina Kask
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:2283-90. 2008Patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) experience their most intense symptoms during the late luteal phase. The aim of the current study was to compare acoustic startle response and prepulse inhibition in PMDD patients and ..
- Luteal phase treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder improves symptoms that continue into the postmenstrual phaseKimberly A Yonkers
J Affect Disord 85:317-21. 2005Despite the proven efficacy of luteal phase medication dosing for women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), it is not known whether this approach adequately treats symptoms that linger into the first 2-3 days of the follicular ..
- Fetal resorption in rats treated with an antiestrogen in relation to luteal phase nidatory estrogen secretionM M Singh
Endocrinology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 126:444-50. 1992Centchroman was administered to rats in relation to luteal phase nidatory estrogen secreted between 21.00 on day 4 and 10.00 on day 5 of pregnancy. A single oral dose of 1.25 mg/kg before the secretion of nidatory estrogen, i.e. until 21...
- Comparison between two forms of vaginally administered progesterone for luteal phase support in assisted reproduction cyclesSelmo Geber
Centro de Medicina Reprodutiva, Av Contorno 7747, Lourdes 30110 120, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Reprod Biomed Online 14:155-8. 2007The use of progesterone for luteal phase support has been demonstrated to be beneficial in assisted reproduction cycles using gonadotrophin-releasing hormone analogues (GnRHa)...
- Luteal phase oestradiol suppression by letrozole: a pilot study in oocyte donorsH M Fatemi
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch speaking Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 17:307-11. 2008..conducted in a tertiary referral university hospital to evaluate whether the administration of letrozole in the luteal phase of stimulated IVF cycles, through a decrease in oestradiol, could alter the suppressed LH levels in the luteal ..
- Infusion of exogenous tumor necrosis factor dose dependently alters the length of the luteal phase in cattle: differential responses to treatment with indomethacin and L-NAME, a nitric oxide synthase inhibitorDariusz J Skarzynski
Department of Reproductive Immunology, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, PAS, Olsztyn 10 747, Poland
Biol Reprod 76:619-27. 2007..PGE(2) is a good candidate mediator of the luteotropic actions of exogenous TNF action...
- Unkei-to for correcting luteal phase defectsTakahisa Ushiroyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
J Reprod Med 48:729-34. 2003To assess the clinical efficacy of Unkei-to in women with luteal phase defects.
- Concentration of plasminogen activators and inhibitor in the human endometrium at different phases of the menstrual cycleS C Koh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University of Singapore, National University Hospital
J Reprod Fertil 96:407-13. 1992..Ovarian hormonal patterns may therefore influence the activity of plasminogen activators especially of t-PA in the endometrium during various phases of the menstrual cycle...
- Luteal phase dose-response relationships of the antiprogestin CDB-2914 in normally cycling womenMaureen D Passaro
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Reprod 18:1820-7. 2003..The synthetic steroid CDB-2914 binds to the progesterone and glucocorticoid receptors. In animals it has antiprogestational activity at doses 50-fold less than those required for antiglucocorticoid effects...
- Treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder with luteal phase dosing of sertralineUriel Halbreich
Biobehavioural Program, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Hayes C, Suite 1, 3435 Main St, Building 5, Buffalo, NY 14214 3016, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:2065-78. 2003..It is characterised by cyclic appearance at the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, and disappearance following the beginning of menses, with no symptoms during at least 1 ..
- 1,500 IU human chorionic gonadotropin administered at oocyte retrieval rescues the luteal phase when gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist is used for ovulation induction: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Resenvej 25, 7800 Skive, Denmark
Fertil Steril 93:847-54. 2010..To prospectively assess the reproductive outcome with a small bolus of hCG administered on the day of oocyte retrieval after ovulation induction with a GnRH agonist (GnRHa)...
- Acylation-stimulating protein increases and correlates with increased progesterone levels during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycleJumana Saleh
Department of Biochemistry, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman
Eur J Endocrinol 160:301-7. 2009..This study investigated variations in the potent lipogenic factor acylation-stimulating protein (ASP), and examined its association with hormonal and lipid profile alterations across the menstrual cycle...
- Administration of vascular endothelial growth factor Trap during the 'post-angiogenic' period of the luteal phase causes rapid functional luteolysis and selective endothelial cell death in the marmosetHamish M Fraser
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Reproduction 132:589-600. 2006..now report that administration of VEGF Trap, a soluble decoy receptor-based inhibitor, at the mid- or the late luteal phase in the marmoset results in a rapid decline in plasma progesterone...
- Mifepristone-induced vaginal bleeding is associated with increased immunostaining for cyclooxygenase-2 and decrease in prostaglandin dehydrogenase in luteal phase endometriumDharani K Hapangama
Contraceptive Development Network, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, 37 Chalmers Street, Edinburgh EH3 9ET, Scotland, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5229-34. 2002..and prostaglandin 15 dehydrogenase strongly support the hypothesis that an increase in the local concentration of prostaglandins in the endometrium is involved in the mechanism of bleeding induced by mifepristone in the luteal phase.
- Letrozole administration during the luteal phase after ovarian stimulation impacts corpus luteum function: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialJuan A Garcia-Velasco
IVI Madrid, Santiago de Compostela 88, Madrid, Spain
Fertil Steril 92:222-5. 2009To investigate the effect of letrozole-an oral aromatase inhibitor-on E(2), P, and LH levels when administered during the luteal phase after oocyte retrieval in IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) cycles.
- The effect of luteal "rescue" on the expression and localization of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in the human corpus luteumW C Duncan
Medical Research Council Reproductive Biology Unit, Center for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2470-8. 1998..the expression and localization of the major MMPs and TIMPs in the human corpus luteum throughout the luteal phase and after luteal rescue with hCG...
- Orbitofrontal cortex activity related to emotional processing changes across the menstrual cycleXenia Protopopescu
Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16060-5. 2005..The data also demonstrate that menstrual cycle phase is an important consideration in further studies attempting to elucidate the neural substrates of affective representation...
- Gender-specific cerebral activation during cognitive tasks using functional MRI: comparison of women in mid-luteal phase and menElke R Gizewski
Department of Diagnostic, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Neuroradiology 48:14-20. 2006..Furthermore, among women, such differences may occur during mid-luteal phase compared to the rest of the menstrual cycle...
- Global gene analysis of late secretory phase, eutopic endometrium does not provide the basis for a minimally invasive test of endometriosisJ R A Sherwin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Rosie Hospital, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 2SW, UK
Hum Reprod 23:1063-8. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that endometrial gene expression in late secretory phase endometrium differs between patients with and without endometriosis...
- Single-dose GnRH agonist administration in the luteal phase of GnRH antagonist cycles: a prospective randomized studyA Z Isik
Ankara Private IVF Center, Ankara, Turkey
Reprod Biomed Online 19:472-7. 2009..05). Administration of single-dose GnRH agonist as a luteal-phase support in ovarian stimulation-GnRH antagonist cycles in addition to standard luteal support seems to be effective in all cycle outcome parameters...
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia associated with intramuscular administration of progesterone as luteal phase support after IVF: case reportY Bouckaert
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, French Speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 19:1806-10. 2004We report two cases of acute eosinophilic pneumonia induced by i.m. administration of progesterone used as luteal phase support after IVF. For both patients, the symptoms began 3 weeks after the first injection of progesterone...
- Evidence for a role of capillary pericytes in vascular growth of the developing ovine corpus luteumD A Redmer
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Biol Reprod 65:879-89. 2001..Pericytes represented a large proportion of the proliferating cells during the early luteal phase and then decreased dramatically...
- The temporal relationship between patterns of LH and FSH secretion, and development of ovulatory-sized follicles during the mid- to late-luteal phase of sheepRaj Duggavathi
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Sask, S7N 5B4, Canada
Theriogenology 64:393-407. 2005..the secretory pattern of serum LH and FSH concentrations and waves of ovarian antral follicles during the luteal phase of the estrous cycle in sheep...
- A preliminary study of luteal phase versus symptom-onset dosing with escitalopram for premenstrual dysphoric disorderEllen W Freeman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:769-73. 2005This preliminary study compared the efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram administered at symptom onset or throughout the luteal phase in premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and ..
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2007..axis, either during the periovulatory interval (Protocol 1: GnRH antagonist plus an hCG bolus) or the luteal phase (Protocol 2: GnRH antagonist plus hl_H tid) of the natural menstrual cycle...
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2009..axis, either during the periovulatory interval (Protocol 1: GnRH antagonist plus an hCG bolus) or the luteal phase (Protocol 2: GnRH antagonist plus hl_Htid) of the natural menstrual cycle...
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard L Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2010..axis, either during the periovulatory interval (Protocol 1: GnRH antagonist plus an hCG bolus) or the luteal phase (Protocol 2: GnRH antagonist plus hl_Htid) of the natural menstrual cycle...
- GENDER,NICOTINE AND STRESS-INDUCED ANALGESIASUSAN GIRDLER; Fiscal Year: 2004..one session during the late follicular phase (days 9- 12; high estrogen) and one session during their luteal phase (5- 10 days after ovulation; high estrogen and progestins). Men will also be tested three times...
- Neuroactive Steroid Therapy of Catamenial EpilepsyDOODIPALA REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will rate the severity of behavioral and electrographic seizures during pseudopregnancy (like luteal phase) and the withdrawal period (like menstruation)...
- REGULATION OF THE CORPUS LUTEUMAnthony Zeleznik; Fiscal Year: 2003..a dramatic decrease in the responsiveness of the corpus luteum to LH that occurs during the mid through late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle that is ultimately responsible for luteal regression...
- Anorectic Drugs: Abuse and Behavioral Mechanisms of ActionRICHARD FOLTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) females will eat more palatable food and smoke more methamphetamine during the follicular phase than the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle; 4) females will be more sensitive to the effects of amphetamine during the follicular ..
- Anorectic Drugs: Abuse and Behavioral Mechanisms of ActionRichard W Foltin; Fiscal Year: 2010..females will eat more palatable food and smoke more methamphetamine during the follicular phase than the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle;4) females will be more sensitive to the effects of amphetamine during the follicular ..
- Anorectic Drugs: Abuse and Behavioral Mechanisms of ActionRICHARD FOLTIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) females will eat more palatable food and smoke more methamphetamine during the follicular phase than the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle; 4) females will be more sensitive to the effects of amphetamine during the follicular ..
- SEX AND MENSTRUAL CYCLE EFFECTS ON PAIN AND ANALGESIARoger Fillingim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both groups of females will participate in each drug condition once during the follicular and once during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, and males will participate at similar time intervals...
- Differential regulation of kisspeptin, dynorphin, and NKB in the same neuronsRobert Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2007..First we use liquid chromoatograph and mass spectrometry to monitor all three peptides in CSF collected from luteal phase, ovariectomized and steroid-treated ovariectomized ewes...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..is associated with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse ..