Genomes and Genes
Summary: The period in the MENSTRUAL CYCLE that follows OVULATION, characterized by the development of CORPUS LUTEUM, increase in PROGESTERONE production by the OVARY and secretion by the glandular epithelium of the ENDOMETRIUM. The luteal phase begins with ovulation and ends with the onset of MENSTRUATION.
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- High susceptibility to repeated, low-dose, vaginal SHIV exposure late in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle of pigtail macaquesSundaram A Vishwanathan
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:261-4. 2011..Eighteen macaques (95%) first displayed viremia in the follicular phase, as compared with 1 macaque (5%) in the luteal phase (P < 0.0001)...
- Identification of abrogated pathways in fallopian tube epithelium from BRCA1 mutation carriersSophia Hl George
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pathol 225:106-17. 2011..The altered expression profiles in histologically normal tubal epithelium from BRCA1 heterozygotes suggest that these cells may respond differently to microenvironmental stresses...
- Evaluation of models to induce low progesterone during the early luteal phase in cattleM E Beltman
Veterinary Sciences Centre, UCD School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Theriogenology 72:986-92. 2009..In summary, treatment with PGF(2alpha) on Days 3, 3.5, and 4 postestrus appeared to provide the best model to induce reduced circulating progesterone concentrations during the early luteal phase in cattle.
- Estrogen addition to progesterone for luteal phase support in cycles stimulated with GnRH analogues and gonadotrophins for IVF: a systematic review and meta-analysisE M Kolibianakis
Unit for Human Reproduction, 1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Nea Efkarpia Peripheral Road, Thessaloniki 54603, Greece
Hum Reprod 23:1346-54. 2008..The purpose of the present systematic review and meta-analysis was to examine whether the probability of pregnancy is increased by adding estrogen to progesterone for luteal phase support in patients treated by in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Nonsupplemented luteal phase characteristics after the administration of recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin, recombinant luteinizing hormone, or gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist to induce final oocyte maturation in in vitro fertilizatioNicole G M Beckers
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4186-92. 2003..IVF) by the late follicular phase administration of GnRH antagonist may render supplementation of the luteal phase redundant, because of the known rapid recovery of pituitary function after antagonist cessation...
- Genome-wide gene expression analysis reveals a dynamic interplay between luteotropic and luteolytic factors in the regulation of corpus luteum function in the bonnet monkey (Macaca radiata)S Priyanka
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Endocrinology 150:1473-84. 2009..by real-time RT-PCR analysis, and expression of these genes was also examined in the CL throughout the luteal phase and from monkeys treated with human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to mimic early pregnancy...
- The effects of smoked cocaine during the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle in womenSuzette M Evans
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 66, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 159:397-406. 2002..Few studies have systematically determined whether the response to cocaine in human females is related to hormonal fluctuations at different phases of the menstrual cycle...
- Variations in endothelial function and arterial compliance during the menstrual cycleM R Williams
Baker Medical Research Institute, St. Kilda Central, Melbourne, Victoria 8008, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5389-95. 2001....
- GnRH agonist for triggering of final oocyte maturation: time for a change of practice?P Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Resenvej 25, Skive, Denmark
Hum Reprod Update 17:510-24. 2011..initially a poor reproductive outcome was reported after GnRHa triggering, due to an apparently uncorrectable luteal phase deficiency. Therefore, the challenge has been to rescue the luteal phase...
- Genomic profiling of microRNAs and messenger RNAs reveals hormonal regulation in microRNA expression in human endometriumSatu Kuokkanen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Cooperative Center for the Study of Reproduction and Infertility Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biol Reprod 82:791-801. 2010..Thus, our findings suggest a role for miRNAs in down-regulating the expression of some cell cycle genes in the secretory-phase endometrial epithelium, thereby suppressing cell proliferation...
- 1,500 IU human chorionic gonadotropin administered at oocyte retrieval rescues the luteal phase when gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist is used for ovulation induction: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Resenvej 25, 7800 Skive, Denmark
Fertil Steril 93:847-54. 2010..To prospectively assess the reproductive outcome with a small bolus of hCG administered on the day of oocyte retrieval after ovulation induction with a GnRH agonist (GnRHa)...
- Angiogenesis and vascular function in the ovaryR S Robinson
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science Division of Animal Sciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12 5RD, UK
Reproduction 138:869-81. 2009..Finally, the targeted promotion of angiogenesis may lead to the development of novel strategies to alleviate luteal inadequacy and infertility...
- Microarray profiling of progesterone-regulated endometrial genes during the rhesus monkey secretory phaseChristopher I Ace
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:54. 2004..Endometrial receptivity is a complex process that is spatially and temporally restricted and the identity of genes that regulate receptivity has been pursued by a number of investigators...
- Ascorbic acid supplement during luteal phase in IVFGeorg Griesinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel, Austria
J Assist Reprod Genet 19:164-8. 2002To evaluate the impact of ascorbic acid of different doses as additional support during luteal phase in infertility treatment by means of a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, group comparative, double-blind study.
- Changes in the ovarian dynamics and endocrine profiles in goats treated with a progesterone antagonist during the early luteal phase of the estrous cycleChiho Suganuma
Laboratory of Veterinary Reproduction, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Saiwai, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 101:285-94. 2007..progesterone in the regulation of ovarian dynamics, gonadotropin and progesterone secretion during the early luteal phase in the goat...
- The immune response during the luteal phase of the ovarian cycle: increasing sensitivity of human monocytes to endotoxinA Bouman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University and University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 76:555-9. 2001To test the hypothesis that during the luteal phase of the human ovarian cycle, as compared with the follicular phase, the percentage of cytokines producing peripheral monocytes after in vitro stimulation with endotoxin is increased.
- Withdrawal and pre-menstrual symptomatology during the menstrual cycle in short-term smoking abstinence: effects of menstrual cycle on smoking abstinenceS S Allen
Department of Family Practice and Community Health, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 1:129-42. 1999..the hypothesis that withdrawal symptomatology in short-term smoking cessation in women is increased in the late luteal phase when pre-menstrual symptomatology is the highest...
- Insulin reduction with metformin increases luteal phase serum glycodelin and insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 concentrations and enhances uterine vascularity and blood flow in the polycystic ovary syndromeD J Jakubowicz
Hospital Clinicas Caracas and Central University of Venezuela, 1050 Caracas, Venezuela
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1126-33. 2001..001). Similarly, luteal phase serum glycodelin concentrations increased 3-fold from 3434 +/- 1299 to 10624 +/- 1803 pmol/L (P < 0...
- The impact of luteal phase support on gene expression of extracellular matrix protein and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium during the window of implantation following controlled ovarian stimulation with a GnRH antagonist protocolYulian Zhao
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2264-71. 2010To evaluate the impact of two different luteal phase support protocols on gene expression of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium.
- Crinone vaginal gel is equally effective and better tolerated than intramuscular progesterone for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cycles: a prospective randomized studyElena Yanushpolsky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 6114, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2596-9. 2010To compare the efficacy of Crinone vaginal gel and intramuscular progesterone (IMP) for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer (IVF-ET) with respect to pregnancy rates and outcomes, and to assess patient ..
- Interferon-related and other immune genes are downregulated in peripheral blood leukocytes in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycleChrysoula Dosiou
Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2501-4. 2004..differences in immune gene expression, with significant down-regulation of the Th1 immune response in the luteal phase. A significant number of interferon (IFN)-related genes are amongst the downregulated genes...
- Abnormal luteal phase excitability of the motor cortex in women with premenstrual syndromeMark J Smith
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:757-62. 2003..transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) studies of the motor cortex, we showed that inhibition increases in the luteal phase, consistent with neurosteroid action at the GABA(A) receptor...
- Vaginal (Crinone 8%) gel vs. intramuscular progesterone in oil for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization: a large prospective trialKaylen M Silverberg
Texas Fertility Center and Austin IVF, Austin, Texas
Fertil Steril 97:344-8. 2012To compare the efficacy of intravaginal and IMP for luteal phase support in IVF cycles.
- Effects of ascorbic acid supplementation on serum progesterone levels in patients with a luteal phase defectHirofumi Henmi
Fertil Steril 80:459-61. 2003
- Alterations in systemic concentrations of progesterone during the early luteal phase affect RBP4 expression in the bovine uterusMichael P Mullen
Animal and Bioscience Research Department, Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc, Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co Galway, Ireland
Reprod Fertil Dev 24:715-22. 2012..The objective of the present study was to examine how changes in progesterone concentrations during the early luteal phase affect retinol-binding protein (RBP4) mRNA and protein concentrations in the uterus...
- Steroid receptor expression in late follicular phase endometrium in GnRH antagonist IVF cycles is already altered, indicating initiation of early luteal phase transformation in the absence of secretory changesEvangelos G Papanikolaou
University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, AZ VUB, Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Laarbeeklaaan 101, 1090 Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 20:1541-7. 2005Ovarian stimulation for IVF profoundly alters the early luteal phase endometrial development...
- Plasma progesterone concentrations in the mid-luteal phase are dependent on luteal size, but independent of luteal blood flow and gene expression in lactating dairy cowsJ Lüttgenau
Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover Foundation, Bischofsholer Damm 15, D 30173 Hannover, Germany
Anim Reprod Sci 125:20-9. 2011..Results indicate that plasma P(4) concentrations in the mid-luteal phase were dependent on luteal size, but independent of blood flow and gene expression per luteal tissue unit.
- Fear recognition across the menstrual cycleRebecca Pearson
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3AT, UK
Horm Behav 47:267-71. 2005..The results have implications for the processes that underlie fear processing and a possible insight into the sexual dimorphism of this ability and conditions that show variations in fear recognition (e.g., autism, Turner syndrome)...
- Angiogenesis and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in the equine corpus luteumM O Al-Zi'abi
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
Reproduction 125:259-70. 2003..in angiogenesis and vascular expression of endothelial growth factor (VEGF) were evaluated throughout the luteal phase and after PGF(2alpha)-induced luteolysis...
- Immature oocyte retrieval in the luteal phase to preserve fertility in cancer patientsEzgi Demirtas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill Reproductive Center, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Reprod Biomed Online 17:520-3. 2008..They were first seen during the luteal phase of their menstrual cycle and were to undergo gonadotoxic treatment imminently...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor Trap suppresses ovarian function at all stages of the luteal phase in the macaqueHamish M Fraser
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5811-8. 2005..The role of angiogenic factors, such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), in luteal function has yet to be defined in primates...
- Facial emotion discrimination across the menstrual cycle in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and controlsDavid R Rubinow
Behavioral Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda MD 20892 1276, United States
J Affect Disord 104:37-44. 2007..in facial expression task to women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) to determine whether processing errors similar to those in depression were present and whether they were confined to the luteal phase (i.e., state dependent).
- Abnormal endometrial development occurs during the luteal phase of nonsupplemented donor cycles treated with recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonistsEfstratios M Kolibianakis
Fertil Steril 80:464-6. 2003
- Luteal angiogenesis: prevention and intervention by treatment with vascular endothelial growth factor trap(A40)C Wulff
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom EH3 9ET
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3377-86. 2001..Luteal Flt mRNA expression is dependent upon VEGF, and VEGF inhibition results in abortive increases in expression of VEGF, angiopoietin-2, and Tie-2...
- Vaginal progesterone gel for luteal phase support in IVF/ICSI cycles: a meta-analysisNikolaos P Polyzos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Larissa, University of Thessalia, Larissa, Greece
Fertil Steril 94:2083-7. 2010..To investigate whether vaginal progesterone gel may result in similar or higher pregnancy rates compared with all other vaginal progesterone forms when used for luteal-phase support...
- Evaluation of an optimal luteal phase support protocol in IVFM Ludwig
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, , , Germany
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:452-66. 2001SUBJECT: Luteal phase support has been shown in the past to be an essential part of ovarian stimulation protocols, especially the long protocol...
- Comparison of LH concentrations in the early and mid-luteal phase in IVF cycles after treatment with HMG alone or in association with the GnRH antagonist CetrorelixA Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch-Speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 16:663-7. 2001..Ovarian stimulation for IVF has been associated with a defective luteal phase. The luteal phases of two groups of patients with normal menstrual cycles and no endocrinological cause of ..
- Blood to the cornual area of the uterus is mainly supplied from the ovarian artery in the follicular phase and from the uterine artery in the luteal phaseEttore Cicinelli
First Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Bari, Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare, I 70124 Bari, Italy
Hum Reprod 19:1003-8. 2004..To clarify this issue, we studied the spatial propagation of temperature changes following cooling of the upper vaginal area...
- Control of human luteal steroidogenesisLuigi Devoto
Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto de Investigaciones Materno Infantil, IDIMI y Universidad de Chile, PO Box 226 3, Santiago, Chile
Mol Cell Endocrinol 186:137-41. 2002..in LH and LH receptor expression do not explain the marked decline in progesterone production at the end of the luteal phase. Changes in the level of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), a gene whose expression is ..
- Hormonal manipulations in the luteal phase to coordinate subsequent antral follicle growth during ovarian stimulationRenato Fanchin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141, Clamart, France
Reprod Biomed Online 10:721-8. 2005..result from the early exposure of FSH-sensitive follicles to gradient FSH concentrations during the preceding luteal phase. In addition, they potentially affect the results of ovarian stimulation...
- Altered sensitivity to alcohol in the late luteal phase among patients with premenstrual dysphoric disorderSigrid Nyberg
Department of Clinical Science, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Umea University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Psychoneuroendocrinology 29:767-77. 2004..Although the majority of prior studies have indicated that alcohol sensitivity does not differ between menstrual cycle phases, patients with PMDD have thus far not been studied...
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptor in human uterus in luteal phase and in early and late gestationG Valdes
Departmentos de Nefrología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Endocrine 16:207-15. 2001..to evaluate the temporospatial pattern of key components of the kallikreinkinin system in human uterus in luteal phase (n = 7), early pregnancy (isolated spontaneous abortions, n = 11; ectopic pregnancies, n = 9), idiopathic ..
- Changes in mood, cognitive performance and appetite in the late luteal and follicular phases of the menstrual cycle in women with and without PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder)Stephanie Collins Reed
New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 120, New York, NY 10032, USA
Horm Behav 54:185-93. 2008..of ten sessions: two practice sessions, 4 sessions during the follicular phase and 4 sessions during the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Changes in gene expression during the early to mid-luteal (receptive phase) transition in human endometrium detected by high-density microarray screeningDaniel D Carson
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 8:871-9. 2002..Some of these gene products, e.g. OPN, may play direct roles in embryo-uterine interactions during the implantation process...
- Sex steroid hormones, stress response, and drug craving in cocaine-dependent women: implications for relapse susceptibilityRajita Sinha
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:445-52. 2007....
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and luteal phase consequencesBart C J M Fauser
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:236-42. 2003..Here, we discuss recent approaches to ovarian stimulation, the induction of oocyte maturation, and effects of these altered follicular phase interventions on corpus luteum function following ovarian stimulation...
- The luteal phase after GnRH-agonist triggering of ovulation: present and future perspectivesPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Reprod Biomed Online 24:134-41. 2012In stimulated IVF/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles, the luteal phase is disrupted, necessitating luteal-phase supplementation...
- Mifepristone-induced vaginal bleeding is associated with increased immunostaining for cyclooxygenase-2 and decrease in prostaglandin dehydrogenase in luteal phase endometriumDharani K Hapangama
Contraceptive Development Network, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, 37 Chalmers Street, Edinburgh EH3 9ET, Scotland, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5229-34. 2002..and prostaglandin 15 dehydrogenase strongly support the hypothesis that an increase in the local concentration of prostaglandins in the endometrium is involved in the mechanism of bleeding induced by mifepristone in the luteal phase.
- Luteal phase supportAlan S Penzias
Boston IVF, 40 Second Avenue, Suite 300, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Fertil Steril 77:318-23. 2002To develop a consensus regarding the need for luteal phase support during assisted reproductive technology (ART), and to establish the optimal compound and route of administration for this purpose.
- Luteal phase support in assisted reproductive technologyRecai Pabuccu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:277-81. 2005..The purpose of this review is to discuss luteal support in assisted reproduction and to provide an evidence-based overview of the current options available...
- Luteal-phase accentuation of acoustic startle response in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorderCynthia Neill Epperson
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2190-8. 2007..fluctuations in neuroactive steroids are thought to underlie the emergence of negative affect in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...
- Ovarian stimulation to cryopreserve fertilized oocytes in cancer patients can be started in the luteal phaseMichael von Wolff
Department of Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Women s University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Fertil Steril 92:1360-5. 2009To analyze if oocytes can be obtained in all patients before cancer treatment within 2 weeks by initiating ovarian stimulation during the follicular or luteal phase.
- The efficiency of progesterone vaginal gel versus intramuscular progesterone for luteal phase supplementation in gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles: a prospective clinical trialSemra Kahraman
Istanbul Memorial Hospital IVF and Reproductive Genetics Unit, Istanbul, Turkey
Fertil Steril 94:761-3. 2010..the efficiency of progesterone vaginal gel (PVG) with intramuscular progesterone (IMP) supplementation for luteal phase support after in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer in gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist ..
- Luteal phase serum cell-free DNA as a marker of failed pregnancy after assisted reproductive technologyElaine A Hart
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 22:213-7. 2005..The objective was to compare the relative concentrations of cell-free DNA in the luteal phase sera of nonpregnant versus pregnant patients.
- Influence of menstrual cycle on cytochrome P450 2A6 activity and cardiovascular effects of nicotineJanne Hukkanen
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:159-69. 2005..Cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2A6 is primarily responsible for the metabolism of nicotine. Our objective was to evaluate the effect of the phase of the menstrual cycle on the activity of CYP2A6 and the cardiovascular effects of nicotine...
- Toremifene use does not alter serum inhibin A and B levels during mid-luteal phase in women with premenstrual mastalgiaSinikka Oksa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Satakunta Central Hospital, Pori, Finland
Gynecol Endocrinol 26:114-7. 2010To find out if there is any link between the therapeutic effect of toremifene on premenstrual mastalgia and luteal phase serum inhibin A and/or B levels.
- A quantitative study of changes in the human corpus luteum microvasculature during the menstrual cycleF Gaytan
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cordoba
Biol Reprod 60:914-9. 1999..20-24), old (Days 25-27), early regressing (follicular phase of the following cycle), and late regressing (luteal phase of the following cycle)...
- Ovariectomy during the luteal phase influences secretion of prolactin, growth hormone, and insulin-like growth factor-I in the bitchW M Lee
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Theriogenology 66:484-90. 2006..in the circulating progesterone concentration, the purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of mid-luteal phase ovariectomy on the 6-h pulsatile plasma profiles of GH and PRL and the basal plasma concentrations of GH, PRL, ..
- Bleeding after loop electrosurgical excision procedure performed in either the follicular or luteal phase of the menstrual cycle: a randomized trialEvangelos Paraskevaidis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ioannina University Hospital, Ioannina, Greece
Obstet Gynecol 99:997-1000. 2002To estimate the perioperative or postoperative bleeding rates after treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia by loop electrosurgical excision procedure in either the follicular or luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.
- Clinical aspects and luteal phase assessment in patients with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasisJiri Spacek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital, Sokolska 581, Hradec Kralove 500 05, Czech Republic
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 131:198-202. 2007..This study was undertaken to characterize the patients with recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis...
- Luteal phase progesterone excretion in ovulatory women with polycystic ovariesRosanne Joseph-Horne
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Paddington, London W2 1PG, UK
Hum Reprod 17:1459-63. 2002..Our aim was to investigate the frequency of ovulation and pattern of luteal phase progesterone secretion in a group of women with PCO who reported regular cycles and in whom ovulation had been ..
- Decreased progesterone receptor isoform expression in luteal phase fallopian tube epithelium and high-grade serous carcinomaAlicia A Tone
The Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L4
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:221-34. 2011We previously reported that BRCA1/2-mutated fallopian tube epithelium (FTE) collected during the luteal phase exhibits gene expression profiles more closely resembling that of high-grade serous carcinoma (HGSC) specimens than FTE ..
- Acute effects of prostaglandin F(2alpha) on systemic oxytocin and progesterone concentrations during the mid- or late-luteal phase in maresM D Utt
Department of Animal Health and Biomedical Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 97:63-73. 2007..on circulating oxytocin and progesterone concentrations were characterized in mares during the mid- or late-luteal phase. Pony mares were randomly assigned to the following experimental groups based on treatment with PGF (2...
- The infusion of glucose in ewes during the luteal phase increases the number of follicles but reduces oestradiol production and some correlates of metabolic function in the large folliclesClaire Gallet
UMR Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, UMR 6175 INRA CNRS Universite de Tours Haras Nationaux, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Anim Reprod Sci 127:154-63. 2011..allocated to two groups; one (n=7) infused with saline and the other (n=5) with glucose (10mM/h) for 72h in the luteal phase. At the end of infusion, ovaries were collected and all follicles >1mm in diameter were dissected to recover ..
- Intramuscular progesterone versus 8% Crinone vaginal gel for luteal phase support for day 3 cryopreserved embryo transferDaniel J Kaser
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Fertil Steril 98:1464-9. 2012..To compare outcomes after intramuscular progesterone (IMP) or 8% Crinone vaginal gel for luteal support for day 3 cryopreserved embryo transfer (CET)...
- Distribution of arteriolovenous vessels, capillaries and eNOS expression in the bovine corpus luteum during the estrous cycle: a possible implication of different sensitivity by luteal phase to PGF(2alpha) in the increase of luteal blood flowKoumei Shirasuna
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:124-30. 2010..Thus, this suggests that this structural change from the early (homogeneous) to the mid (heterogeneous) luteal phase is related to the difference in the CL response of blood flow increase due to PGF(2alpha), which is only ..
- Canine herpesvirus during pregnancy and non-pregnant luteal phaseB Ström Holst
Department of Clinical Sciences, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Reprod Domest Anim 47:362-5. 2012..outcome, and to study if there are signs of genital viral reactivation during pregnancy or during non-pregnant luteal phase. Twelve mated bitches and eight control bitches were followed and sampled regularly during pregnancy or non-..
- Circulating angiogenic factors during periovulation and the luteal phase of normal menstrual cyclesAriadne Malamitsi-Puchner
Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, Goudi, Greece
Fertil Steril 81:1322-7. 2004....
- Duration and amplitude of the luteal phase progesterone increment times the estradiol-induced luteinizing hormone surge in ewesD C Skinner
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford, BS40 5DU, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 63:1135-42. 2000..Progesterone exposure during the luteal phase also alters the responsiveness of the hypothalamus to increased concentrations of estrogen (E) during the ..
- Effect of low-dose mifepristone administration on day 2 after ovulation on transcript profiles in implantation-stage endometrium of rhesus monkeysD Ghosh
Department of Physiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Reproduction 138:357-70. 2009..A new cohort of 28 gene products in implantation-stage endometrium was seen to be affected by luteal-phase mifepristone...
- Luteotrophic action of prolactin during the early luteal phase in pigs: the involvement of protein kinases and phosphatasesR Ciereszko
Department of Animal Physiology, Warmia and Mazury University in Olsztyn, 10 718 Olsztyn, ul Oczapowskiego 5, Poland
Reprod Biol 1:62-83. 2001Prolactin (PRL) involvement in the regulation of luteal steroidogenesis in pigs during the early luteal phase and pregnancy is well documented...
- Effects of aglépristone, a progesterone receptor antagonist, administered during the early luteal phase in non-pregnant bitchesS Galac
Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Theriogenology 62:494-500. 2004Aglépristone, a progesterone receptor antagonist, was administered to six non-pregnant bitches in the early luteal phase in order to determine its effects on the duration of the luteal phase, the interestrous interval, and plasma ..
- Endometrin for luteal phase support in a randomized, controlled, open-label, prospective in-vitro fertilization trial using a combination of Menopur and Bravelle for controlled ovarian hyperstimulationKevin J Doody
Center for Assisted Reproduction, Bedford, Texas, USA
Fertil Steril 91:1012-7. 2009..To assess the efficacy and safety of a vaginal progesterone (P(4)) insert (Endometrin) for luteal support for assisted reproductive technology (ART)...
- Vaginal gel versus intramuscular progesterone for luteal phase supplementation: a prospective randomized trialLuca Dal Prato
Tecnobios Procreazione, Centre for Reproductive Health, Via Dante 15, I 40125, Bologna, Italy
Reprod Biomed Online 16:361-7. 2008..One daily dose appears sufficient to induce clinical pregnancies and live births at a rate comparable to intramuscular supplementation...
- Inhibition of early luteal angiogenesis by gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist treatment in the primateS E Dickson
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:2339-44. 2000..The aim of this study was to: 1) quantify endothelial cell proliferation throughout the luteal phase of the marmoset ovulatory cycle; 2) determine the effect of gonadotropin withdrawal using GnRH antagonist ..
- Serum anti-mullerian hormone levels and follicular cohort characteristics after pituitary suppression in the late luteal phase with oral contraceptive pillsE Arbo
Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul Serviço de Ginecologia e Obstetrícia Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350, Sala 1126 Porto Alegre, RS 90035 003, Brazil
Hum Reprod 22:3192-6. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of FSH suppression on AMH levels, during the late luteal phase of human menstrual cycle, with the use of oral contraceptives pills (OCP).
- Endometrin as luteal phase support in assisted reproductionEve C Feinberg
Fertility Centers of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60035, USA
Fertil Steril 99:174-8. 2013..To compare clinical pregnancy rate (PR) and live birth rate (LBR) between Endometrin monotherapy versus Endometrin and P in oil combination therapy in assisted reproductive technology (ART) cycles...
- Subcutaneous progesterone versus vaginal progesterone gel for luteal phase support in in vitro fertilization: a noninferiority randomized controlled studyGillian Lockwood
Midland Fertility Services, Aldridge, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 101:112-119.e3. 2014..and tolerability of subcutaneous progesterone (Prolutex, 25 mg; IBSA Institut Biochimique SA) with vaginal progesterone gel (Crinone, 8%; Merck Serono) for luteal phase support (LPS) in assisted reproduction technologies (ART) patients.
- Early luteal phase endocrine profile is affected by the mode of triggering final oocyte maturation and the luteal phase support used in recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone-gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist in vitro fertilization cyclesHuman M Fatemi
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch Speaking Free University, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 100:742-7. 2013To assess endocrine differences during early luteal phase according to mode of triggering final oocyte maturation with or without luteal phase support (LPS).
- Comparison of luteal phase profile in gonadotrophin stimulated cycles with or without a gonadotrophin-releasing hormone antagonistG Ragni
Infertility Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Milan, Via Manfredo Fanti 6, 20122 Milan, Italy
Hum Reprod 16:2258-62. 2001The aim of our study was to explore luteal phase hormone profiles in gonadotrophin-stimulated cycles with or without gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist therapy during intrauterine insemination (IUI)...
- Dynamics of serum anti-Müllerian hormone levels during the luteal phase of controlled ovarian hyperstimulationRenato Fanchin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Hum Reprod 20:747-51. 2005To investigate the dynamics of serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) levels during the luteal phase of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) and its possible association with follicle development.
- Effect of different levels of short-term feed intake on folliculogenesis and follicular fluid and plasma concentrations of lactate dehydrogenase, glucose, and hormones in Hu sheep during the luteal phaseShijia Ying
Institute of Sheep and Goat Science, Center of Animal Embryo Engineering and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Jiangsu, Nanjing 210095, China
Reproduction 142:699-710. 2011..This may not be due to the variation of intrafollicular insulin level but rather due to decreased circulating levels of glucose, insulin, and glucagon...
- Prospective randomized study comparing luteal phase support for ICSI patients up to the first ultrasound compared with an additional three weeksMohamed A Aboulghar
The Egyptian IVF ET Centre, 3 St 161 Hadaek El Maadi, Maadi, Cairo 11431, Egypt
Hum Reprod 23:857-62. 2008There is a consensus that administration of progesterone to women after IVF for luteal phase support (LPS) is associated with a higher ongoing pregnancy rate...
- Ovulation induction disrupts luteal phase functionA Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch speaking Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Ann N Y Acad Sci 943:55-63. 2001Abnormalities in the luteal phase have been detected in virtually all the stimulation protocols used in in vitro fertilization, on both the hormonal and endometrial levels...
- Efficacy and tolerability of vaginal progesterone capsules (Utrogest 200) compared with progesterone gel (Crinone 8%) for luteal phase support during assisted reproductionJürgen Kleinstein
Clinic for Reproductive Medicine and Gynecologic Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Fertil Steril 83:1641-9. 2005To demonstrate the comparative efficacy and tolerability of capsules containing 200 mg of P (Utrogest 200) or Crinone 8% gel for luteal phase and early pregnancy support during assisted reproduction techniques (ART).
- Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone-antagonist luteolysis during the preceding mid-luteal phase is a feasible protocol in ovarian hyperstimulation before in vitro fertilizationBarbro E Friden
IVF Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:812-6. 2005..were to investigate whether a high dose of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone antagonist during the preceding luteal phase yields satisfactory luteolysis and downregulation prior to ovarian hyperstimulation in an in vitro ..
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and endometrial receptivityPaul Devroey
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Trends Endocrinol Metab 15:84-90. 2004..The aim of this review is to analyse the effects of gonadotropin, GnRH-agonist and GnRH-antagonist administration on endometrial behaviour, to highlight the gaps in current knowledge and to propose areas in which research is needed...
- Timing luteal phase support in GnRH agonist down-regulated IVF/embryo transfer cyclesMonique H Mochtar
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 21:905-8. 2006The aim of this study was to compare the effect of three different times of onset of luteal phase support on ongoing pregnancy rate in infertile patients undergoing treatment with GnRH down-regulated IVF and embryo transfer (IVF/ET).
- Luteal phase support using either Crinone 8% or Utrogest: results of a prospective, randomized studyM Ludwig
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 103:48-52. 2002The Crinone 8% preparation makes it possible to administer natural progesterone (90 mg) vaginally once daily for luteal phase support (LPS)...
- Live births after management of severe OHSS by GnRH antagonist administration in the luteal phaseT G Lainas
Eugonia Iatriki Erevna IVF Centre, 7 Ventiri street, Athens, 11528, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 19:789-95. 2009..Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist administration in the luteal phase was recently proposed as a new approach for the management of patients with established severe OHSS...
- Personality disorders and depressive symptoms in late luteal phase dysphoric disorderD De Ronchi
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Bologna, Italy
Psychother Psychosom 69:27-34. 2000Although many significant studies of late luteal phase dysphoric disorder (LLPD) have been carried out, some conflicting findings on the relationships between personality disorders, depressive symptoms, hostility and LLPD deserve further ..
- A randomized trial of microdose leuprolide acetate protocol versus luteal phase ganirelix protocol in predicted poor respondersAndrea J DiLuigi
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, University of Connecticut Heath Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 95:2531-3. 2011..patients undergoing a microdose leuprolide acetate (LA) protocol or a GnRH antagonist protocol incorporating a luteal phase E(2) patch and GnRH antagonist in the preceding menstrual cycle...
- Autonomic nervous system activity in the late luteal phase of eumenorrheic women with premenstrual symptomatologyTamaki Matsumoto
Department of Health Science, International Buddhist University, Osaka, Japan
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 27:131-9. 2006..significantly increased and the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) activity apparently decreased in the late luteal phase in subjects whose premenstrual symptomatology was not unbearable, but substantially increased (> 20%) ..
- Effect of luteal-phase support on endometrial L-selectin ligand expression after recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and ganirelix acetate for in vitro fertilizationNikos F Vlahos
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 601 North Caroline Street, JHOC 1211, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4043-9. 2006The impact of different types of luteal phase support on endometrial receptivity after ovarian stimulation has not been investigated.
- Vaginal progesterone as luteal phase support in an IVF/GIFT programmeD W Polson
Monash IVF Programme, Infertility Medical Centre, Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 46:35-8. 1992To determine whether luteal phase support with vaginal progesterone could improve pregnancy rates in our IVF/GIFT programme, we performed a prospective randomised controlled study...
- Luteal phase support in infertility treatment: a meta-analysis of the randomized trialsE A Pritts
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA and University of Sydney School of Medicine, Sydney, Australia
Hum Reprod 17:2287-99. 2002The addition of GnRH agonist to the treatment regimen in women undergoing IVF cycles is thought to create a luteal phase defect...
- Estradiol supplementation during the luteal phase of in vitro fertilization cycles: a prospective randomised studyEsra Tonguc
Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 154:172-6. 2011To find the optimal dosage of estradiol (E2) for luteal phase support through the addition of different doses of E2 to progeserone (P) luteal phase support in patients undergoing long GnRH agonist in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments.
- Follicular and luteal phase endometrial thickness and echogenic pattern and pregnancy outcome in oocyte donation cyclesMatthew A Barker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Good Samaritan Hospital, 3219 Clifton Ave Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 26:243-9. 2009..To study the effect of endometrial thickness (ET) and echogenic pattern (EP) in oocyte donation cycles upon pregnancy outcomes...
- Influence of short-term fasting during the luteal phase of the estrous cycle on ovarian follicular development during the ensuing proestrus of ewesB M Alexander
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Dept 3684, 1000 E University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 97:356-63. 2007..2) by fasting at any time period. Fasting during the luteal phase perturbs gonadotropin secretion and may influence fertility by causing a delay in ovarian follicle development.
- Administration of single-dose GnRH agonist in the luteal phase in ICSI cycles: a meta-analysisJoao Batista A Oliveira
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Botucatu Medical School São Paulo State University UNESP Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:107. 2010The effects of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) administered in the luteal phase remains controversial...
- The Primate Corpus Luteum: Functional Regression and Cardiovascular ImpactsRandy L Bogan; Fiscal Year: 2012..the mechanisms that halt P4 production (termed functional regression) in the primate CL at the end of the luteal phase has implications for preventing early pregnancy loss, and improving the efficiency of assisted reproduction ..
- Understanding Pain of Gastrointestinal Origin in Women that Serve in OEF/OIFBeverley Greenwood-Van Meerveld; Fiscal Year: 2013..moving rodent model, colonic sensitivity to luminal distension varies depending on the estrous cycle with the luteal phase being associated with visceral hypersensitivity and that elevated levels of progesterone and/or estradiol on ..
- Preconception Nutrition, Endocrine Disruptors, Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..outcomes, including (1) hormone dysfunction: reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP);(2) menstrual disorders;(3) infertility;(4) EPL and SAB;and (5) ..
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Pregnant Women with Depressive DisorderDeborah Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..the resting motor threshold in pregnant subjects compared to 16 age-matched, non-pregnant, healthy women in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- PROGESTERONE RECEPTOR AND ACTION IN THE PRIMATE OVARYRichard L Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2013..axis: (1) during the periovulatory interval (controlled ovulation), or (2) during mid-to-late luteal phase (controlled luteal function)...
- Role of mineralocorticoid receptor in primate ovarian functionCHARLES CHAFFIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..in the cytoplasm of both luteinizing granulosa cells as well as the corpus luteum until the mid to mid-late luteal phase, at which time MR is translocated to the nucleus...
- GHSU/WSU Cooperative Reproductive Medicine NetworkMichael Peter Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2013..determine the time to pregnancy in such women;and 3) Determine the influence of progestin withdrawal on the luteal phase hormonal milieu and the endometrium...
- Intervention for Menstrual Mood Disorders &Early Life Abuse: Biopsych MechanismsSusan S Girdler; Fiscal Year: 2013..PMDD), are defined by the cyclic recurrence of affective and somatic/pain symptoms and impairment during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- Luteal Progesterone Supplementation in Clomiphene Citrate-IUI CyclesKARL RICHARD HANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent observational and small prospective studies have suggested that luteal phase progesterone supplementation may improve live-birth rates in women with unexplained infertility undergoing ..
- Premenstrual syndrome and risk of subsequent hypertensionElizabeth R Bertone-Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..women meet clinical criteria for premenstrual syndrome (PMS), a disorder characterized by moderate to severe luteal phase symptoms that substantially interfere with normal life activities and interpersonal relationships...
- Sex/Gender and Nicotine Addiction: Hormones, Behavior and NeuroimagingPERRY FRANKLIN RENSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2013..Women will be studied during the mid-follicular and the mid-luteal phase of the menstrual cycle to determine if the effects of nicotine are influenced by changes in the neuroactive ..
- Neurosteroid-BZ combinations: Strategy for reducing abuse and sedationJames K Rowlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..on the observation that endogenous neuroactive steroid levels increase with the progesterone surge during the luteal phase. This pilot study should provide a springboard for evaluating sex as a factor in BZ and neuroactive steroid ..
- Relaxin: A Novel HRT for Prevention of Cardiac DiseaseROLANDO JUAN JOSE RAMIREZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..We suggest that the ovarian hormone relaxin which circulates during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle may contribute to the reduced incidence of coronary artery disease in premenopausal ..
- Effect of sex hormones on HIV infection of cervical and rectal mucosal tissueNatalia Teleshova; Fiscal Year: 2013..primates demonstrating increased vaginal SIV transmission in Depo-Provera treated animals and in animals during luteal phase of the menstrual cycle which is characterized by high progesterone levels...
- Ethanol discrimination in aged female monkeysChrista M Helms; Fiscal Year: 2010..and sensitivity to the discriminative stimulus effects of ethanol, peak during young adult female monkeys'luteal phase of their menstrual cycle. Progesterone declines with age and menopause...
- Mechanisms of Prevention of Ovarian Cancer by Oral ContraceptivesMalcolm C Pike; Fiscal Year: 2013..data show the same pattern - OCs could thus protect against ovarian cancers arising in the FTF by mimicking the luteal phase of the cycle when progesterone exposure is high. Whether such changes occur in CICs is not known...
- The Primate Corpus Luteum: Functional Regression and Cardiovascular ImpactsRandy L Bogan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sheep will receive either placebo or PGF2a during the mid-luteal phase with serial blood samples collected to verify reduced progesterone (P4) levels indicative of luteolysis...
- Allopregnanolone in Short-Term Smoking AbstinenceAlicia M Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..progesterone;therefore, in women, it varies by menstrual phase (low levels in follicular phase;high levels in luteal phase)...
- Neuroendocrine Factors, Nicotine, and Behavioral Inhibition in Female SmokersADAM MATTHEW LEVENTHAL; Fiscal Year: 2013..By contrast, impaired behavioral inhibition during abstinence may be less pronounced during the mid-luteal phase (ML;when estrogen levels are moderate but are opposed by high progesterone levels) and the early follicular ..
- Neural Substrates of Emotion Regulation in Premenstrual Dysphoric DisorderAndrea J Rapkin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Affective symptoms, such as irritability/anger, depression, mood swings, anxiety, which appear in the luteal phase, suggest that problems with emotion regulation may contribute to the disorder, but we are aware of no study of ..
- Luteal adjuvant oophorectomy in asian breast cancerRICHARD REED LOVE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The investigators have been conducting a randomized, controlled trial to investigate the hypothesis that luteal phase oophorectomy is superior to follicular phase surgery in Filipino, Vietnamese or Moroccan premenopausal women ..
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and ..
- Corpus luteum mechanical regulation in a tissue-engineered model of ovarian agingRobin M Skory; Fiscal Year: 2012..When compared to younger counterparts, older women have lower levels of luteal phase hormones, which are produced by the corpus luteum (CL)...
- Alternative Treatments for Premenstrual Dysphoric DisorderBarbara L Parry; Fiscal Year: 2013..effects of light treatment, a crucial benefit during the relatively short-lived symptoms of the 2-week luteal phase, whereas light treatment maintains the benefit of the otherwise transitory effects of wake therapy often lost ..
- Differential HIV infection and tenofovir activity in pre and postmenopausal womenGustavo F Doncel; Fiscal Year: 2013..more susceptible to HIV-1 infection in estrogen-deplete or progesterone-dominant states, such as menopause and luteal phase of the menstrual cycle...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKSandra Carson; Fiscal Year: 1990..In each of two cycles, four diagnostic methods currently used to evaluate presence or absence of luteal phase defect will be utilized: endometrial biopsy,, serum progesterone, luteal phase length, and endometrial ..
- Neuroactive Steroid Therapy of Catamenial EpilepsyDOODIPALA REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will rate the severity of behavioral and electrographic seizures during pseudopregnancy (like luteal phase) and the withdrawal period (like menstruation)...
- REGULATION OF THE CORPUS LUTEUMAnthony Zeleznik; Fiscal Year: 2003..a dramatic decrease in the responsiveness of the corpus luteum to LH that occurs during the mid through late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle that is ultimately responsible for luteal regression...
- MEMBRANE EVENTS FOLLOWING HORMONE BINDING TO LH RECEPTORDEBORAH ROESS; Fiscal Year: 1991..is to examine LH receptor aggregation, distribution, and molecular motions on ovine luteal cells during the luteal phase of the estrous cycle and to explore how the physical behavior of the LH receptor is affected by its ..
- Differential regulation of kisspeptin, dynorphin, and NKB in the same neuronsRobert Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2007..First we use liquid chromoatograph and mass spectrometry to monitor all three peptides in CSF collected from luteal phase, ovariectomized and steroid-treated ovariectomized ewes...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..is associated with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse ..
- MENSTRUALLY RELATED CHANGES IN COGNITIVE FUNCTIONUriel Halbreich; Fiscal Year: 1992..and 60 who do not report such changes) and 30 women with no PMC will be tested at mid-follicular phase and late luteal phase. The battery of 8 tests has been designed to cover a wide range of cognitive and psychomotor functions with a ..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- REPRODUCTIVE TOXICOLOGY AND EPIDEMIOLOGYBill Lasley; Fiscal Year: 2003..that environmentally-induced perturbations of the hypothalamic-pituitary- ovarian axis during the late luteal phase of the menstrual cycle lead to increased bone loss in the subsequent cycle...
- IN VIVO REGULATION OF STAR IN THE HUMAN CORPUS LUTEUMJEROME STRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2003..of StAR mRNA expression, protein levels, and phosphorylation state in the human corpus luteum throughout the luteal phase. The hypotheses to be tested are: that there is a direct relationship between progesterone production and StAR ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND OVARIAN FUNCTIONBarbara Sternfeld; Fiscal Year: 2001..intake, is associated with various disruptions in ovarian function, including oligo/amenorrhea, shortened luteal phase, lengthened follicular phase, anovulation, and decreased progesterone and estrogen...
- PERITONEAL MACROPHAGE MIGRATION IN ENDOMETRIOSISCECIL LYTTLE; Fiscal Year: 1993..Further studies have indicated that this chemotactic activity is normally expressed in the stromal cells of the luteal phase and is absent in the proliferative phase...
- ORGANOCHLORINE COMPOUNDS AND MENSTRUAL CYCLE FUNCTIONGayle Windham; Fiscal Year: 1999..algorithms to determine ovulatory status, day of ovulation and menstrual cycle disturbances such as short luteal phase, which will also be applied to the new sample...
- ALCOHOL AND THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE: BIOBEHAVIORAL STUDIESNANCY MELLO; Fiscal Year: 1993..A broad spectrum of reproductive system disorders (e.g. amenorrhea, anovulation, luteal phase dysfunction, ovarian pathology, and hyperprolactinemia) are associated with alcohol abuse and the underlying ..
- Impact of Sleep Disruption on Menstrual Cycle DynamicsELIZABETH KLERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 1 will determine the effect of sleep disruption during the early follicular and mid-luteal phase on menstrual cycle dynamics...
- REGULATION OF OVARIAN FOLLICULAR STEROID PRODUCTIONJOANNE FORTUNE; Fiscal Year: 1999..In vivo the LH/FSH surge triggers several dramatic and important changes, including the follicular/ luteal phase shift in steroidogenesis from androgen/estradiol to progesterone/ oxytocin...
- PREGNANCY CHANGES IN UTERINE ARTERY SIGNALING PATHWAYSIan Bird; Fiscal Year: 2004..perform western analysis on UA endothelium and immunohistochemistry on UA sections from ovex, follicular phase, luteal phase and pregnant ewes, or RT-PCR quantification of UA-endothelial cell mRNA from the same animals to determine if a ..
- PROTEIN KINASE C OF THE CORPUS LUTEUMKathleen Eyster; Fiscal Year: 1993..of these hormones on protein kinase C activity with the functional capacity of the corpus luteum throughout the luteal phase. Three assays will be developed to examine the hormonal activation of protein kinase C in the primate corpus ..
- Effect of Vitex on stress induced luteal phase defectsDorena Rode; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the effects of Vitex will be compared to the effects of D1 and D2 agonists and Vitex with either a D1 or D2 antagonists on stress induced defects in an experimental design similar to the first study. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE REGULATION OF OVINE ESTROUS CYCLESSANDRA LEGAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..of the proposed research is to elucidate the neuro- endocrine mechanisms whereby progesterone prevents short luteal phase cycles in ewes...
- PHYSIOLOGY OF HUMAN RELAXINGerson Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003..The cervix of the monkey is similar to that of the human as is the endocrinology of the monkey luteal phase and early pregnancy...
- STRESS AND RESPONSES TO PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE & CAFFEINESHERYLE GALLANT; Fiscal Year: 1993..and 48 age-matched normally cycling (NC) women (24 tested during the follicular phase and 24 tested during the luteal phase), with half of each group caffeine users and nonusers, to determine if reactions to PPA or PPA plus caffeine ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKSandra Carson; Fiscal Year: 2004..is especially well positioned to contribute to the newest initiated network-wide study, "The Evaluation of the Luteal Phase in Fertile and Infertile Women" because the faculty at Baylor is responsible for 3 hospitals (1 public; 2 ..
- Interactions between progesterone and cocaine in womenSHEILA SPECKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies have shown that responses to cocaine are dampened during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, when estrogen and progesterone concentrations are high, relative to the other phases of ..
- ADRENAL AXIS AND THE REPRODUCTIVE PROCESSMichel Ferin; Fiscal Year: 2004..include a delay in folliculogenesis, a decrease in luteal secretory capability reminiscent of the inadequate luteal phase syndrome, and/or interference with the normal tonic gonadotropin profile...
- Molecular mechanisms of Vitex agnus-castus L. in PMSZaijie Jim Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Levels of these peptides fluctuate during menstrual cycles, falling to the lowest in the late-luteal phase when estrogen is at its lowest level...
- SEX HORMONES, STRESS, AND PAIN IN FIBROMYALGIAAkiko Okifuji; Fiscal Year: 2004..The laboratory testing will be repeated on 3 separate days: once during the mid-luteal phase (high estrogen E + high progesterone P), once during the perimenstrual phase (low E + low P), and once during ..
- EFFECTS OF PROSTAGLANDINS ON MYOMETRIAL METABOLISMCLARISSA BEATTY; Fiscal Year: 1980..cAMP- and cGMP-phosphodiesterase and guanylate cyclase activities are greater in the follicular compared to the luteal phase. We now plan to study adenylate cyclase, cAMP-dependent protein kinase (types I and II), and cGMP-dependent ..
- Genomic Fingerprint of PGF2alpha and LH actions on the *Rajagopala Sridaran; Fiscal Year: 2006..we observed a decreased luteal function following exogenous administration of PGF2alpha on certain days of the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle in monkeys...
- PREMENOPAUSAL HORMONE LEVELS AND RISK OF BREAST CANCERWalter Willett; Fiscal Year: 2001..Plasma drawn during both the follicular phase (days 3-5) and luteal phase (approx days 20-22), white and red blood cells, and a urine sample will be stored in liquid nitrogen freezers ..
- Mammographic Density in a Multi-Ethnic CohortLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., monthly calendars), and complete reproductive histories. In addition, blood is drawn, timed to the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, for hormone analyses...
- PSYCHOSOCIAL CONTEXT, AGING, AND OVARIAN CYCLE LENGTHSNatasha Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2000..African American women, whether prolonged cycles at this age are caused by increased follicular phase lengths, luteal phase lengths or duration of menses...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 1990b>Luteal phase defect (LPD) is often diagnosed in infertile women, and substantial resources are devoted to its treatment. However, neither the link between LPD and infertility nor the efficacy of LPD treatment is well established...
- Sleep and Premenstrual Dysphoric DisorderFiona Baker; Fiscal Year: 2009..of arousal and sleep electroencephalographic (EEG) activity to delineate the extent of sleep disturbance in the luteal phase in women with PMDD in order to clarify its role as a symptom of the disorder...
- Androgen Hormones in PMDDMargaret Altemus; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because symptoms are limited to the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, fluxes in reproductive hormones during the cycle are thought to precipitate symptoms...
- STEROID PATTERNS IN RELATION TO FEMALE DYSPHORIC MOODSDianne Schechter; Fiscal Year: 1992..of the degree of change in dysphoric mood from an asymptomatic period in the mid follicular phase to the late luteal phase. Urine samples will be assayed for the major end products of estradiol, progesterone, and luteinizing hormone...
- Menstrual Cycle and Insulin Sensitivity in DiabeticsKimberly Trout; Fiscal Year: 2004..Menstrual cycle changes during the luteal phase may contribute to fluctuations in glucose levels but definitive recommendations for adjustments of insulin ..
- A MODEL FOR INDUCTION OF CHORIOCARCINOMA IN THE RATSHIRLEY MC CORMACK; Fiscal Year: 1980..The inductive procedure consists of fetectomy, prolongation of the luteal phase, and administration of a carcinogenic drug. Fetectomy arrests the normal differentiation of the placenta...
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..measures of health status (absolute level at follow-up or change from baseline); and 4) use follicular and luteal phase samples, collected longitudinally across the menopausal transition, to ascertain if the relative hormone ..
- NITRIC OXIDE EFFECTS ON CARDIOVASCULAR REACTIVITYDiane Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2002..measures, particularly those related to vasoconstriction; 2) Among women, higher levels of estrogen in the late luteal phase induce greater vascular NO production and lower reactivity than in the low-estrogen menstrual phase; 3) ..