Genomes and Genes
Summary: The deposit of SEMEN or SPERMATOZOA into the VAGINA to facilitate FERTILIZATION.
Publications240 found, 100 shown here
- Sophisticated sperm allocation in male fowlTommaso Pizzari
Department of Animal Environment and Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Skara PO Box 234, SE 532 23, Sweden
Nature 426:70-4. 2003..Our results indicate that female promiscuity leads to the evolution of sophisticated male sexual behaviour...
- Cost of mating and insemination capacity of a genetically modified mosquito Aedes aegypti OX513A compared to its wild type counterpartIrka Bargielowski
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e26086. 2011..repressible, lethal positive feedback system (OX513A) with its wild type counterpart with respect to their insemination capacities and the cost of courtship and mating...
- Effects of the insemination of hydrogen peroxide-treated epididymal mouse spermatozoa on γH2AX repair and embryo developmentJianfeng Xiao
Reproductive Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Shantou University Medical College, Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e38742. 2012..Cryopreservation of human semen for assisted reproduction is complicated by cryodamage to spermatozoa caused by excessive reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation...
- Differential effects of insemination volume and substance on reproductive changes in honey bee queens (Apis mellifera L.)E L Niño
Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
Insect Mol Biol 22:233-44. 2013..In the present study, we use instrumental insemination of honey bee queens to examine the role of the insemination substance and volume in triggering post-mating ..
- Sugar deprivation reduces insemination of Anopheles gambiae (Diptera: Culicidae), despite daily recruitment of adults, and predicts decline in model populationsC M Stone
Department of Entomology, The Ohio State University, 318 West 12th Ave, Aronoff Laboratory, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Med Entomol 46:1327-37. 2009Our research tests the hypothesis that the inability to sugar-feed reduces the insemination rate in mosquito populations...
- Effects of instrumental insemination and insemination quantity on Dufour's gland chemical profiles and vitellogenin expression in honey bee queens (Apis mellifera)Freddie Jeanne Richard
Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7613, USA
J Chem Ecol 37:1027-36. 2011..virgin, single drone- (SDI), and multi-drone- (MDI) inseminated queens to study the effects of instrumental insemination and insemination quantity on the pheromone profiles of the Dufour's gland, and the expression of the egg-yolk ..
- Switchover to the mated state by spermathecal activation in female Anopheles gambiae mosquitoesMarc J Klowden
Division of Entomology, University of Idaho, 233 AgSci Building, Moscow, ID 83844 2339, USA
J Insect Physiol 52:679-84. 2006..Unlike male Ae. aegypti that can inseminate up to seven females after their testes are removed, An. gambiae do not store sperm in the vas deferens and without testes would be unable to inseminate any females...
- Treatment with the GnRH antagonist ganirelix prevents premature LH rises and luteinization in stimulated intrauterine insemination: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trialC B Lambalk
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and Civic Parkdale Clinic, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hum Reprod 21:632-9. 2006..This study was designed to assess whether the use of ganirelix in women undergoing stimulated IUI could prevent the occurrence of premature LH rises and luteinization (LH+progesterone rises)...
- Twin intromittent organs of Drosophila for traumatic inseminationYoshitaka Kamimura
Laboratory of Animal Ecology, Department of Ecology and Systematics, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Kita 9, Nishi 9, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Biol Lett 3:401-4. 2007In several animals, male genitalia create insemination wounds in areas outside the genital orifice of females...
- Traumatic insemination in the plant bug genus Coridromius Signoret (Heteroptera: Miridae)Nikolai J Tatarnic
School of Biological Sciences, Heydon Laurence Building, A08, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Biol Lett 2:58-61. 2006In traumatic insemination, males pierce females with hypodermic genitalia and ejaculate into the body cavity rather than into the genital tract...
- Uterine activity, sperm transport, and the role of boar stimuli around insemination in sowsP Langendijk
Department of Animal Science, Wageningen University, P O Box 338, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Theriogenology 63:500-13. 2005..that affect myometrial activity, and the possible role of uterine contractions in the process of (artificial) insemination, sperm transport and fertilization. Myometrial activity in the sow increases during estrus...
- Time of insemination and its effect on in-vitro fertilization, cleavage and pregnancy rates in GnRH agonist/HMG-stimulated cyclesI Khan
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Academic Hospital, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Hum Reprod 4:921-6. 1989..Under both protocols, a delay of 2, 4 or 6 h in insemination showed no significant differences in the fertilization, cleavage or pregnancy rates...
- Frequency of multiple inseminations in field-collected Anopheles gambiae females revealed by DNA analysis of transferred spermFrederic Tripet
Department of Pathology and Center for Tropical Diseases, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:1-5. 2003..gambiae s.s. Thus polyandry occurred within-form in 1.7% of examined females while other multiple inseminations may be linked to processes of reproductive isolation between forms of An. gambiae...
- Sperm-induced modification of the oviductal gene expression profile after natural insemination in miceAlireza Fazeli
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2SF, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 71:60-5. 2004..has a recognition system for spermatozoa that can detect the arrival of spermatozoa in the oviduct after insemination, resulting in alterations of the oviductal transcriptome...
- Effect of La Crosse virus infection on insemination rates in female Aedes triseriatus (Diptera: Culicidae)E S Gabitzsch
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Disease Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Med Entomol 43:850-2. 2006..After 6 d, insemination rates were determined by detection of sperm in the spermathecae...
- Effects of insemination quantity on honey bee queen physiologyFreddie Jeanne Richard
Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e980. 2007..Because it is not possible to control the natural mating behavior of queens, we used instrumental insemination and compared queens inseminated with semen from either a single drone (single-drone inseminated, or SDI) or 10 ..
- Extended letrozole regimen versus clomiphene citrate for superovulation in patients with unexplained infertility undergoing intrauterine insemination: a randomized controlled trialUsama M Fouda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:84. 2011The aim of this randomized controlled trial was to compare the efficacy of extended letrozole regimen with clomiphene citrate in women with unexplained infertility undergoing superovulation and intrauterine insemination (IUI).
- Sperm interactions from insemination to fertilizationD Rath
Institute of Farm Animal Genetics, Mariensee FLI, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 43:2-11. 2008..A better understanding of the highly complex processes taking place between insemination and fertilization will be necessary to improve the efficiency of conventional reproductive techniques as well ..
- Evidence for costs of mating and self-fertilization in a simultaneous hermaphrodite with hypodermic insemination, the Opisthobranch Alderia willowiNicole Smolensky
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Los Angeles, California 90032 8201, USA
Biol Bull 216:188-99. 2009..Traumatic mating by hypodermic insemination has repeatedly evolved in hermaphroditic taxa, but evidence for the fitness costs of such male-advantage traits ..
- A Cox proportional-hazards model with time-dependent covariates to evaluate the relationship between body-condition score and the risks of first insemination and pregnancy in a high-producing dairy herdW Suriyasathaporn
Department of Herd Health and Reproduction, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 37:159-72. 1998..was used to qualify the relationship between body-condition score on a scale of 1 to 5 and risks of first insemination and pregnancy. Cows with body condition at calving < 3 had lower first-insemination risks...
- Estimation of second polar body retention rate after conventional insemination and intracytoplasmic sperm injection: in vitro observations from more than 5000 human oocytesRichard Porter
Division of Cell Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Assist Reprod Genet 20:371-6. 2003Tripronucleate (3pn) development after conventional insemination (CONV) or ICSI was analyzed to estimate the rate of second polar body retention giving rise to 3pn formation.
- Structure of the vector tissue in piscicolid leeches (Annelida, Hirudinea, Rhynchobdellida, Piscicolidae)Piotr Swiatek
Department of Animal Histology and Embryology, Silesian University, Bankowa 9, 40 007 Katowice, Poland
J Morphol 268:64-73. 2007Hypodermic insemination occurs in piscicolid leeches (Hirudinea, Rhynchobdellida, Piscicolidae). The spermatophore is implanted in a specialized region of the leech body, the copulatory area...
- Repeated inseminations required for natural fertility in a wild bird populationJanos Torok
Behavioural Ecology Group, Department of Systematic Zoology and Ecology, Eotvos University, H 1117, Pázmány P sétány 1 C Budapest, Hungary
Proc Biol Sci 270:641-7. 2003..Our results thus provide evidence that repeated inseminations function to ensure fertilization success. We discuss possible constraints on sperm production and utilization that may have contributed to this pattern...
- Multiple deleterious effects of experimentally aged sperm in a monogamous birdJoel White
Laboratoire de Fonctionnement et Evolution des Systèmes Ecologiques, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13947-52. 2008..We experimentally manipulated the age of the sperm fertilizing kittiwake eggs by fitting males with anti-insemination rings for variable periods of time preceding egg-laying...
- Pathways and destination of some male gland secretions in female Locusta migratoria migratorioides (R&F) after inseminationMartin Lay
Institut für Biologie I, Universitat Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 55:1-25. 2004..These results extend the functions of the spermatheca and the role of the male during the reproductive process...
- Semen activates the female immune response during early pregnancy in miceMartina Johansson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine Unit, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Immunology 112:290-300. 2004b>Insemination elicits inflammatory changes in female reproductive tissues, but whether this results in immunological priming to paternal antigens or influences pregnancy outcome is not clear...
- Highly variable sperm precedence in the stalk-eyed fly, Teleopsis dalmanniLaura S Corley
Galton Laboratory, Department of Biology, University College London, Wolfson House, 4 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2HE, UK
BMC Evol Biol 6:53. 2006When females mate with different males, competition for fertilizations occurs after insemination. Such sperm competition is usually summarized at the level of the population or species by the parameter, P2, defined as the proportion of ..
- Absence of diurnal variation in semen parameters in normospermic menMarinko M Biljan
Montreal Fertility Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 83:477-9. 2005..Results of this prospective longitudinal study on 570 normospermic men suggest that the time of day that a sample is produced does not have an influence on semen parameters...
- Novel males' capacity to disrupt early pregnancy in mice (Mus musculus) is attenuated via a chronic reduction of males' urinary 17beta-estradiolElliott A Beaton
Department of Psychology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada L8S 4K1
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:688-97. 2005..These data support the notion that male excretions of estrogens may in part mediate novel-male-induced pregnancy disruptions, although other influences of aromatization on behaviour and metabolism remain possibilities...
- Evolutionary biology: scramble for the eggsMatthew J G Gage
Nature 426:22-3. 2003
- Mating behavior, insemination and sperm transfer in the ground beetle Carabus insulicolaYasuoki Takami
Center for Ecological Research, Kyoto University, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
Zoolog Sci 19:1067-73. 2002Mating behavior and the processes of insemination and sperm transfer in the ground beetle Carabus insulicola were analyzed. C...
- Adenovirus-mediated gene delivery and in vitro microinsemination produce offspring from infertile male miceMito Kanatsu-Shinohara
Department of Medical Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1383-8. 2002....
- Effect of diet composition on weight gain, sperm transfer, and insemination in the cat flea (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae)Susan R Dean
Department of Entomology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2475, USA
J Med Entomol 39:370-5. 2002..15 M sodium chloride to which 0.005 M ATP was added. Insemination did not occur in starved fleas or those fed protein-free diets...
- Genetic correlations between body condition scores and fertility in dairy cattle using bivariate random regression modelsY de Haas
Institute of Animal Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland
J Anim Breed Genet 124:277-85. 2007..The fertility traits were days to first service (DFS), days between first and last insemination (DFLI), calving interval (CI), number of services per conception (NSPC) and conception rate to first ..
- Sperm ultrastructure in the inseminating Macropsobrycon uruguayanae (Teleostei: Characidae: Cheirodontinae)Cristina L C de Oliveira
Departamento de Zoologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Morphol 269:691-7. 2008..The origin and function of these cells could not be determined. The specializations seen in the spermatozoa are discussed as possible adaptations related to the habit of insemination.
- Treatment of male infertility due to spinal cord injury using rectal probe electroejaculation: the Israeli experienceR J Heruti
Department of Neuro-Rehabilitation, Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer 52621, Israel
Spinal Cord 39:168-75. 2001..1%). Out of 33 couples who wished to achieve pregnancy, 26 reached the stage of insemination. Four pregnancies were achieved after 33 cycles of In-Uterine-Insemination (pregnancy rate 28...
- Prenatal maternal effects on body condition score, female fertility, and milk yield of dairy cowsG Banos
Department of Animal Production, School of Veterinary Medicine, Box 393, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GR 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Dairy Sci 90:3490-9. 2007..3% of the mean). Finally, overall maternal effects accounted for a significant proportion of the total phenotypic variance of calving interval (1.4 +/- 0.6%) and nonreturn rate (1.1 +/- 0.5%)...
- Characteristics and fate of the spermatozoa of Inachus phalangium (Decapoda, Majidae): description of novel sperm structures and evidence for an additional mechanism of sperm competition in BrachyuraRocco Rorandelli
Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e Genetica Leo Pardi, University of Florence, 50125 Florence, Italy
J Morphol 269:259-71. 2008....
- Coolidge effect in pond snails: male motivation in a simultaneous hermaphroditeJoris M Koene
Department of Animal Ecology, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Evol Biol 7:212. 2007..Based on this knowledge, patterns of sexual role alternations within mating pairs can be explained...
- Sperm transfer and reproductive biology in species of hermaphroditic bivalves (Galeommatoidea: Montacutidae)Thomas H Fox
North Georgia College and State University, Dahlonega, Georgia, USA
J Morphol 268:936-52. 2007..In the simultaneous hermaphroditic M. substriata the nucleate paraspermatozoa associate with the euspermatozoa to form spherical spermatozeugmata that are stored in the testis...
- Reproductive isolation in birds: postcopulatory prezygotic barriersTim R Birkhead
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
Trends Ecol Evol 22:266-72. 2007..Future research will serve the dual purpose of providing more detail of the mechanisms of both heterospecific and conspecific prezygotic processes...
- Factors influencing sperm transfer and insemination in cat fleas (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae) fed on an artificial membrane systemSusan R Dean
Department of Entomology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 2475, USA
J Med Entomol 39:475-9. 2002Sperm transfer through the epididymis, a prerequisite for insemination of cat fleas, Ctenocephalides felis (Bouché) was stimulated by exposure of unfed male fleas to juvenile hormone III residues for 3 d at 25 degrees C or exposure of ..
- Cytochalasin-D retards sperm incorporation deep into the egg cytoplasm but not membrane fusion with the egg plasma membraneManuel Sánchez-Gutiérrez
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Centro de Investigacón y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Apdo Postal 14 740, Mexico, DF
Mol Reprod Dev 63:518-28. 2002..b>Insemination of eggs with Cyt-D treated spermatozoa did not change early fertilization events such as the egg cortical ..
- Strategic sperm allocation under parasitic sex-ratio distortionAlison M Dunn
School of Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Biol Lett 2:78-80. 2006..Our results indicate that strategic sperm allocation under male rarity will have a greater impact on infected females and has the potential to regulate spread of parasitic feminisers in host populations...
- Relationship between profitability and type traits and derivation of economic values for reproduction and survival traits in Chianina beef cowsF Forabosco
Associazione Nazionale Allevatori Bovini Italiani da Carne, 06070 S Martino in Colle, Italy
J Anim Sci 83:2043-51. 2005..in beef cows, specifically, production expressed as the number of calves born alive per year (NACY), age at the insemination that resulted in the birth of the first calf (FI), and length of productive life (LPL); and 3) to investigate ..
- Factors associated with early and mid-to-late fetal loss in lactating and nonlactating Holstein cattle in a hot climateF D Jousan
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611 0910, USA
J Anim Sci 83:1017-22. 2005..Also, days open and SCCS at breeding were related to ability of lactating females to maintain pregnancy, but there were no relationships between fetal loss and milk yield, lactation number, number of times inseminated, or season...
- Success at first insemination in Australian Angus cattle: analysis of uncertain binary responsesM L Spangler
Animal and Dairy Science Department, University of Georgia, Athens, 30602 2771, USA
J Anim Sci 84:20-4. 2006..were used to investigate 2 methods of analyzing uncertain binary responses for success or failure at first insemination. A linear mixed model that included herd, year, and month of mating as fixed effects; unrelated service sire, ..
- Leucocyte population changes in the reproductive tract of the ewe in response to inseminationJennifer L Scott
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, James Cook University, Solander Drive, Douglas, Qld 4811, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 18:627-34. 2006Leucocyte changes after insemination may affect conceptus implantation, but information regarding leucocyte populations in the ruminant reproductive tract is limited...
- Cryptic forcible insemination: male snakes exploit female physiology, anatomy, and behavior to obtain coercive matingsRichard Shine
School of Biological Sciences A08, University of Sydney, New South Wales, 2006, Australia
Am Nat 162:653-67. 2003..Forcible insemination is usually inferred from direct physical battles between the sexes and has been dismissed on intuitive grounds ..
- Phenogenetics of a suppressor and an enhancer gene of the lozenge34k allel of Drosophila melanogasterV S Beeson
J Exp Zool 193:177-90. 1975..Except for the phototactic response of lozenge-suppressed flies, the functional ability of the compound eye can be correlated with its morphology...
- Seminal fluid signaling in the female reproductive tract: lessons from rodents and pigsS A Robertson
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
J Anim Sci 85:E36-44. 2007..Cytokines and prostaglandins synthesized in the male accessory glands are transferred to the female at insemination, where they bind to receptors on target cells in the cervix and uterus, activating changes in gene expression ..
- Reproductive activity and survival of Culex pipiens pallens and Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae) in Japan at high temperatureTsutomu Oda
Department of General Education the School of Allied Medical Sciences Nagasaki University Japan
J Med Entomol 39:185-90. 2002The egg hatchability, insemination, and longevity of Japanese Culex pipiens pallens Coquillett and Japanese Culex quinquefasciatus Say were compared at 25 and 30 degrees C. Egg hatchability was high in Cx. p...
- Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica) inseminations are more likely to fertilize eggs in a context predicting mating opportunitiesElizabeth Adkins-Regan
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 7601, USA
Proc Biol Sci 270:1685-9. 2003....
- Adenovirus-mediated gene delivery into mouse spermatogonial stem cellsMasanori Takehashi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Horizontal Medical Research Organization, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2596-601. 2007..Nevertheless, these results suggest that adenovirus may inadvertently integrate into the patient's germ line and indicate that there is no barrier to adenovirus infection in spermatogonial stem cells...
- Paternal antigen-bearing cells transferred during insemination do not stimulate anti-paternal CD8+ T cells: role of estradiol in locally inhibiting CD8+ T cell responsesMatthew M Seavey
David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 177:7567-78. 2006..Since semen has been shown to mediate immune modulation, we tested whether exposure to paternal Ag during insemination activated or tolerized anti-paternal CD8+ T cells...
- Comparison of ICSI and conventional IVF in patients with increased oocyte immaturityTyl H Taylor
Main Line Fertility, 130 S Bryn Mawr Avenue, Suite 1000, D Wing, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 17:46-52. 2008..This study was observational in nature, and included 91 patients who were treated using split insemination techniques. The fertilization rates for the ICSI group and the IVF group were 41.1 +/- 15.0% and 53.2 +/- 19...
- Inseminated female mice (Mus musculus) investigate rather than avoid novel males that disrupt pregnancy, but sires protect pregnancyDenys deCatanzaro
Department of Psychology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
J Comp Psychol 118:251-7. 2004..Inseminated females do not reliably avoid males that disturb pregnancy unless the sire is immediately present...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase and cell cycle progression during mouse egg activation induced by various stimuliQ Y Sun
Department of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Z Naturforsch C 54:285-94. 1999..MAP kinase activity increased between 1 and 2.5 h post-insemination, at which time the second polar body was emitted and sperm chromatin was dispersed; its activity decreased ..
- Reproductive performance of lactating dairy cows treated with cloprostenol at the time of inseminationF Lopez-Gatius
Department of Animal Production, University of Lleida, Lleida, Spain
Theriogenology 62:677-89. 2004The effect of intravenous cloprostenol treatment at the time of insemination on reproductive performance was consecutively evaluated in three different subpopulations of high producing lactating dairy cows: Study (1) early postpartum ..
- Improved prediction of ovulation time may increase pregnancy rates to artificial insemination in lactating dairy cattleC D Hockey
School of Veterinary Science, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Reprod Domest Anim 45:e239-48. 2010..potential for improving pregnancy rates (proportions of inseminations that result in pregnancy) to artificial insemination (AI) if the time of ovulation could be predicted with more certainty...
- Ovarian follicle diameter at timed insemination and estrous response influence likelihood of ovulation and pregnancy after estrous synchronization with progesterone or progestin-based protocols in suckled Bos indicus cowsM F Sá Filho
Departamento de Reprodução Animal, FMVZ USP, 05508 270 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 120:23-30. 2010..the present study were to evaluate factors associated with estrous synchronization responses and pregnancy per insemination (P/AI) in Bos indicus beef cows submitted to progesterone-based fixed-time artificial insemination (FTAI) ..
- The effects of different insemination regimes on fertility in maresH Sieme
National Stud of Lower Saxony, Niedersaechsisches Landgestuet Celle, Spoerckenstr 10, 29221 Celle, Germany
Theriogenology 60:1153-64. 2003This study investigated the effects of different artificial insemination (AI) regimes on the pregnancy rate in mares inseminated with either cooled or frozen-thawed semen...
- Enzyme immunoassay of 17 beta-estradiol, estrone conjugates, and testosterone in urinary and fecal samples from male and female miceC Muir
Department of Psychology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:653-8. 2001..Females that were parturient following insemination excreted relatively low levels of urinary testosterone compared to non-parturient females...
- Ethical and legal issues in the use of related donors for therapeutic inseminationLorna A Marshall
Center for Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology, Virginia Mason Medical Center, 1100 Ninth Ave, X11 FC, Seattle, Washington 98111, USA
Urol Clin North Am 29:855-61. 2002Donor insemination involving family members can be complex. Although it may offer some advantages to the requesting individuals, to the donor, or to the family, related donation does raise a significant number of concerns...
- Effects of resynchronization programs on pregnancy per artificial insemination, progesterone, and pregnancy-associated glycoproteins in plasma of lactating dairy cowsI M Thompson
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:4006-18. 2010Objectives were to develop a timed artificial insemination (TAI) resynchronization program to improve pregnancy per AI and to evaluate responses of circulating progesterone and pregnancy-associated glycoproteins in lactating cows...
- Fertility after different artificial insemination methods using a synthetic semen extender in sheepMami Hiwasa
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
J Reprod Dev 55:50-4. 2009..The three methods of artificial insemination (AI) were cervical AI with fresh-diluted or frozen-diluted semen at observed estrus, and an intrauterine AI ..
- Study on the transmission of Toxoplasma gondii by semen in rabbitsShi Guo Liu
Department of Parasitology, Xinxiang Medical College, Xinxiang 453003, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 24:166-70. 2006..To confirm the transmission of Toxoplasma gondii by semen and to investigate the impact of vaginal status on the transmission of T. gondii in female rabbits...
- Effect of live weight development and reproduction in first parity on reproductive performance of second parity sowsL L Hoving
Adaptation Physiology Group, Wageningen Institute of Animal Sciences WIAS, Wageningen University, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Anim Reprod Sci 122:82-9. 2010..e. pregnancy rate as well as litter size. Measures of sow development (live weight at first insemination, farrowing and weaning) and reproduction (total number of piglets born, weaning to insemination interval, ..
- Sensitivity to exogenous gonadotropins for ovulation induction and laparoscopic artificial insemination in the cheetah and clouded leopardJ G Howard
National Zoological Park, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, District of Columbia 20008, USA
Biol Reprod 56:1059-68. 1997..assessed in the cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) and clouded leopard (Neofelis nebulosa) to help optimize artificial insemination (AI). Eighteen female cheetahs were used on 29 occasions and were given i.m...
- New estrus synchronization and artificial insemination protocol for goats based on male exposure, progesterone and cloprostenol during the non-breeding seasonA Lopez-Sebastian
Departamento de Reproduccion Animal, INIA, Avda Puerta de Hierro s n, km 5, 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Theriogenology 68:1081-7. 2007..and synchronize ovulation in goats during the non-breeding season, allowing for systematic timed artificial insemination (AI), without the need for prior estrus detection. This method (IMA...
- [Descent of ova and embryos in cows superovulated with serum gonadotropin]L Holy
Vysoká skola veterinární, Brno
Vet Med (Praha) 37:353-64. 1992..Donor cows were slaughtered 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 days after the second insemination and isolated reproductive organs (Fig...
- Fertility and its relationship to motility characteristics of spermatozoa in ewes after cervical, transcervical, and intrauterine insemination with frozen-thawed ram semenL G Sanchez-Partida
Department of Animal Science, University of Adelaide, Glen Osmond, Australia
J Androl 20:280-8. 1999The fertility of ewes after artificial insemination and the relationship between fertility and motility characteristics assessed by a computerized motility analysis system were examined with ram semen frozen in diluents reported to ..
- [Intrauterine insemination: state-of-the-art in humans]D Royere
Service de Médecine et Biologie de la Reproduction, UMR 6175 physiologie de la reproduction et des comportements, INRA CNRS HARAS université de Tours, CHU Bretonneau, 2, boulevard Tonnelé, 37044 Tours, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 32:873-9. 2004Despite its being used for a long time, intrauterine insemination (i.u.i.) remains debated as to its precise place and efficacy among assisted reproductive technologies...
- Review of available infertility treatmentsSandra L Hrometz
College of Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio 45810, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 45:275-91. 2009..The single follicle is then fertilized secondary to timed intercourse or artificial insemination, where semen is injected directly into the uterus...
- Effects of treatment of anestrous dairy cows with gonadotropin-releasing hormone, prostaglandin, and progesteroneS McDougall
Animal Health Centre, PO Box 21, Morrinsville, New Zealand, 3300
J Dairy Sci 93:1944-59. 2010..sodium cloprostenol, followed 54 to 56h later by 100 microg of gonadorelin, followed by fixed-time artificial insemination at 13 to 18h after the final GnRH injection (Ovsynch); (2) as for (1) but with placement of an intravaginal ..
- Transvaginal follicular aspiration and embryo development in superstimulated early postpartum beef cows and subsequent fertility after artificial inseminationJ F Aller
Biotecnología de la Reproducción, Estacion Experimental Agropecuaria Balcarce, Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria, C C 276, 7620 Balcarce, Argentina
Anim Reprod Sci 119:1-8. 2010..30 to 80 postpartum and (iii) if repeated OPU negatively affect fertility following a fixed-time artificial insemination protocol. After parturition suckled Angus cows (n = 30) were divided in three groups (n = 10 group(-1))...
- Pregnancy rates to timed artificial insemination in dairy cows treated with gonadotropin-releasing hormone or porcine luteinizing hormoneM G Colazo
Dairy Research and Technology Centre, Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Theriogenology 72:262-70. 2009..versus gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) on ovulatory response and pregnancy rate after timed artificial insemination (TAI) in 605 lactating dairy cows. Cows (mean+/-SEM: 2.4+/-0.08 lactations, 109.0+/-2.5 d in milk, and 2.8+/-0...
- Porcine field fertility with two different insemination doses and the effect of sperm morphologyK Alm
Department of Clinical Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Saarentaus, Finland
Reprod Domest Anim 41:210-3. 2006In swine artificial insemination, several dose regimens are applied, ranging from 1.5 x 10(9) to 6.0 x 10(9) spermatozoa per intra-cervical insemination dose...
- Effect of beta-mercaptoethanol during in vitro fertilization procedures on sperm penetration into porcine oocytes and the early development in vitroHiroaki Funahashi
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima Naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Reproduction 130:889-98. 2005..bME) during a transient co-culture of gametes for 10 min, and/or the following culture until 6-9 h after insemination, on sperm penetration of porcine in vitro maturation (IVM) oocytes and the early development in vitro...
- Measurement of interferon-tau (IFN-tau) stimulated gene expression in blood leukocytes for pregnancy diagnosis within 18-20d after insemination in dairy cattleJ C Green
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, 158 Animal Science Research Center, 920 East Campus Drive, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 121:24-33. 2010The objective was to diagnose pregnancy within 18d after insemination by measuring interferon-tau (IFN-tau)-stimulated genes (ISG) expression in circulatory leukocytes...
- Expected net present value of pure and mixed sexed semen artificial insemination strategies in dairy heifersN J Olynk
Department of Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:2569-76. 2007..The decreased conception rates (CR) experienced with sexed semen make virgin heifers better suited for insemination with sexed semen than lactating dairy cows...
- Ovulation induction in rabbit does submitted to artificial insemination by adding buserelin to the seminal doseLuis A Quintela
Unit of Reproduction and Obstetrics, Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, 27002 Lugo, Spain
Reprod Nutr Dev 44:79-88. 2004..if a GnRH analogue, buserelin, could be used for ovulation induction in rabbit does submitted to artificial insemination (AI) by intravaginal administration, by adding the hormone to the seminal dose...
- Relationship between size of the ovulatory follicle and pregnancy success in beef heifersG A Perry
USDA ARS, Fort Keogh Livestock and Range Research Laboratory, Miles City, MT 59301, USA
J Anim Sci 85:684-9. 2007Previous research indicated that the size of the ovulatory follicle at the time of insemination significantly influenced pregnancy rates and embryonic/fetal mortality after fixed-timed AI in postpartum cows, but no effect on pregnancy ..
- Effect of interval between induction of ovulation and artificial insemination (AI) and supplemental progesterone for resynchronization on fertility of dairy cows subjected to a 5-d timed AI programR S Bisinotto
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:5798-808. 2010Objectives were to investigate 2 intervals from induction of ovulation to artificial insemination (AI) and the effect of supplemental progesterone for resynchronization on fertility of lactating dairy cows subjected to a 5-d timed AI ..
- Embryo production from superovulated Holstein-Friesian dairy heifers and cows after insemination with frozen-thawed sex-sorted X spermatozoa or unsorted semenJ Peippo
MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Biotechnology and Food Research, Building H, FI 31600 Jokioinen, Finland
Anim Reprod Sci 111:80-92. 2009..The proportion of transferable female embryos produced approximately doubled when insemination was with X-sorted spermatozoa compared to insemination with unsorted semen (heifers 96.4% versus 41.1%; cows 81...
- Is Doublesynch protocol a new alternative for timed artificial insemination in anestrous dairy cowsO A Oztürk
Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul University, Avcilar, Istanbul, Turkey
Theriogenology 73:568-76. 2010..Timed artificial insemination (TAI) was performed 16 to 20 h after the second GnRH in both treatment groups...
- Follicular wave of the ovulatory follicle and not cyclic status influences fertility of dairy cowsR S Bisinotto
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3578-87. 2010Two experiments evaluated the influence of follicular wave at artificial insemination (AI) on fertility of dairy cows...
- Strategies to improve the fertility of frozen-thawed boar semen for artificial inseminationJ Roca
Department of Medicine and Animal Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Campus de Espinardo, University of Murcia, E 30071, Murcia, Spain
Soc Reprod Fertil Suppl 62:261-75. 2006Although cryopreservation of boar semen for artificial insemination (AI) was developed 35 years ago, cryopreservation conditions and AI strategies are still considered sub-optimal...
- Cost-effectiveness of recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) versus human FSH in intrauterine insemination cycles: a statistical model-derived analysisSandro Gerli
Department of Medical Surgical Specialties and Public Health, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 24:18-23. 2008..designed to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of two different protocols of stimulation in intrauterine insemination (IUI) cycles...
- Superovulatory response following ablation-induced follicular wave emergence at random stages of the oestrous cycle in cattleD R Bergfelt
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Anim Reprod Sci 49:1-12. 1997..PGF2 alpha (Estrumate, 500 micrograms) was given 48 h after the superstimulatory treatment and artificial insemination was done 60 and 72 h later...
- Influence of post-ovulatory insemination on sperm distribution, pregnancy and the infiltration by cells of the immune system, and the distribution of CD2, CD4, CD8 and MHC class II expressing cells in the sow endometriumK Kaeoket
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 50:169-78. 2003..lymphocyte subpopulations and MHC class II expressing cells in the sow endometrium following post-ovulatory insemination in relation to clinical findings and pregnancy outcome...
- Factors influencing upfront single-and multiple-ovulation incidence, progesterone, and luteolysis before a timed insemination resynchronization protocolJ S Stevenson
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 0201
J Dairy Sci 90:5542-51. 2007..determine relationships among factors influencing responses to the first GnRH injection in a timed artificial insemination (TAI) protocol and subsequent fertility after altering timing of the second GnRH injection and AI relative to ..
- Distribution of spermatozoa and embryos in the female reproductive tract after unilateral deep intra uterine insemination in the pigP Tummaruk
Department of Obstetrics Gynaecology and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Chulalongkorn University, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
Reprod Domest Anim 42:603-9. 2007..either the spermatozoa or the embryos in the reproductive tracts of sows after unilateral, deep, intra uterine insemination (DIUI)...
- Effect of flunixin meglumine and carprofen on pregnancy rates in dairy cattleX von Krueger
Clinic for Animal Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Freie Universitaet, Berlin, Germany
J Dairy Sci 93:5140-6. 2010..2 mg of FM i.m./kg of body weight twice on d 14/15 and 15/16 after insemination, whereas heifers in the control group (n=194) remained untreated...
- JSAR Innovative Technology Award. Development of ovulation synchronization and fixed time artificial insemination in dairy cowsKyoji Yamada
Shibetsu Veterinary Clinical Center, Nemuro District NOSAI, Hokkaido, Japan
J Reprod Dev 51:177-86. 2005..Problems with missing estrous signs and decrease in conception rate by artificial insemination (AI) performed at wrong timing have caused low AI conception rates...
- Factors affecting conception rates following artificial insemination or embryo transfer in lactating Holstein cowsD G B Demetrio
Departamento de Produção Animal, FMVZ, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Dairy Sci 90:5073-82. 2007..objective of this study was to evaluate the factors that may affect conception rates (CR) following artificial insemination (AI) or embryo transfer (ET) in lactating Holstein cows. Estrous cycling cows producing 33.1 +/- 7...
- The effect of subclinical ketosis in early lactation on reproductive performance of postpartum dairy cowsR B Walsh
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 2W1
J Dairy Sci 90:2788-96. 2007..for both repeated measures within cow and clustering at the herd level, non-pregnant cows after first insemination tended to have increased circulating BHBA concentrations from 3 wk before calving to 9 wk after calving ..
- Timing of artificial insemination in postpartum beef cows following administration of the CO-Synch + controlled internal drug-release protocolD C Busch
Division of Animal Science, S132 ASRC, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Anim Sci 86:1519-25. 2008..Artificial insemination was performed at predetermined fixed times [54 h (FTAI 54; n = 424) or 66 h (FTAI 66; n = 427) after PGF(2alpha)..
- [Results of intrauterine insemination in the Netherlands]P Steures
VU Medisch Centrum, afd Verloskunde en Gynaecologie, Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:1127-33. 2006To assess the results of intrauterine insemination (IUI) in the Netherlands.
- Semen-induced luteal phase and identification of a LH surge in the koala (Phascolarctos cinereus)S D Johnston
School of Animal Studies, The University of Queensland, 4072, Australia
Reproduction 128:629-34. 2004..2, koalas on day 2 of oestrus were exposed to one of the following treatments (n=9 per group): artificial insemination with 1 ml 0...
- Prostaglandin F2alpha treatment associated with timed artificial insemination in ewesA Menchaca
Laboratory of Reproductive Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Lasplaces, Uruguay
Reprod Domest Anim 39:352-5. 2004..PGF2alpha) doses at 10-day intervals or more did not result in acceptable pregnancy rates in timed artificial insemination (TAI) programmes in ewes...
- Outcomes of Infertility Treatments in Clinic and Population-Based CohortsJoseph B Stanford; Fiscal Year: 2010..treatments range from less invasive medical treatments (including ovulation induction and artificial insemination) to assisted reproductive technologies (ART), which complete early stages of human reproduction in vitro...
- Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network (U10)MARCELLE IVONNE CEDARS; Fiscal Year: 2013..aims: 1) Determine if coQIO supplementation reduces time to delivery after ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination followed by in vitro fertilization (IVF)/intracytoplasmiG sperm injection (ICSI);2) Determine if coQIO ..
- Validation of Novel Infertility BiomarkerPETER SUTOVSKY SUTOVSKY; Fiscal Year: 2012..anticipate that the SPTRX3 based test will allow clinicians to make a treatment decision between intrauterine insemination (IUI) versus IVF/ICSI in the general infertility clinic-population...
- Response of Rhesus Sperm to Freezing: Recovery from Osmotic and Oxidative StressStuart A Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2010..efficient macaque sperm cryopreservation and will aid in successful propagation of germplasm through artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization programs...
- The Utility of Empiric Medical Treatment of Infertile Oligo-asthenospermic MenPeter R Casson; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that when used in conjunction with controlled ovulation induction (COI)/intrauterine insemination (lUl), EMT represents effective therapy...
- Luteal Progesterone Supplementation in Clomiphene Citrate-IUI CyclesKARL RICHARD HANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our concept proposal titled "Luteal Progesterone Supplementation in Clomiphene Citrate-lntrauterine Insemination (CC-IUI) Treatment Cycles for Unexplained Infertility" provides a demonstration of the collaborative nature of ..
- Cyclic AMP Action During Sperm FunctionGeorge L Gerton; Fiscal Year: 2012..research detailed in this application may allow the clinician to modify in vitro fertilization and artificial insemination methodologies to enhance capacitation...
- Determinants of Use of Safer Conception Strategies Among HIV Clients in UgandaGLENN JOHN WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Low cost safer conception strategies include antiretroviral therapy, timed unprotected intercourse, and manual insemination, but little known about the knowledge, acceptability and use of conception risk reduction methods among PLHA in ..
- "Physical and Chemical Cues that Guide Sperm Migration"Mingming Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Infertility affects about 7% of married couples in the US and the success rate of artificial insemination in the cattle industry has been dropping over the past several years...
- Families created by assisted reproduction: parenting and child developmentSUSAN ESTHER GOLOMBOK; Fiscal Year: 2011..With donor insemination, the child is genetically related to the mother but not the father, and with egg donation it is the mother with ..
- Development of an Economic Process to Store and Recover Homozygous Mouse StrainsMICHAEL VAN WILES; Fiscal Year: 2010..Strains will then be reconstituted using a combination of surgical artificial insemination (surgical AI) and ovarian transplant...
- Rat sperm cryobanking for genetic resourcesYuksel Agca; Fiscal Year: 2010..protocols for epididymal rat sperm which would allow reconstitution of genetics by using standard artificial insemination and in-vitro fertilization methods...
- Exploring the Role of Semen Amyloids in Promoting HIV Infection and FertilizationNadia R Roan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this aim, I propose in viro fertilization (IVF) and in vivo artificial insemination experiments to determine if the semen fibris we have characterized promote the fusion of murine gametes...
- The Floral Dimension of African MalariaWoodbridge A Foster; Fiscal Year: 2012..host-plant preferences, volatile plant attractants, plant-inhibited Plasmodium development, severely reduced insemination ability of plantdeprived males, and reduced egg production and survival of females lacking plant sugars, but ..
- BASIC AND APPLIED RESEARCH ON SPERM CRYOPRESERVATIONJames Overstreet; Fiscal Year: 1992..so that more sperm competent to fertilize eggs will survive frozen storage, and the success rate of artificial insemination will be increased...
- Male Subfertility By Ni2+ Poisoning of Ca2+ Channels ?Susan Benoff; Fiscal Year: 2001..of Ni2+ in human blood and seminal plasma will be correlated with in vitro fertilization, with artificial insemination rates, and with biomarkers of sperm function, using specimens collected in the course of prior studies of metal ..
- MAINTENANCE OF A RODENT BREEDING AND HOLDING FACILITYRONALD SCHUELER; Fiscal Year: 1993..Breeding protocols shall include operator assisted natural service, artificial insemination, and fostering procedures as needed...
- YOUNG FROM STORED AND IMPAIRED MOUSE SPERMJohn Biggers; Fiscal Year: 2001..A working algorithm can be identified using current assisted reproductive techniques: artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization, intracellular sperm injection, embryo culture and embryo transfer...
- OXIDATIVE DAMAGE TO CRYOPRESERVED SPERMBAYARD STOREY; Fiscal Year: 1992The need to preserve sperm samples, intended for artificial insemination (AI), through freezing for periods of time adequate to test donors for HIV has focussed attention on the damage to the sperm cells brought about by the process of ..
- HUMAN SPERM ZONA ACCEPTOR: ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTSSusan Benoff; Fiscal Year: 2005..ion channel isofomis, with poor sperm-fertilization-potential biomarkers and low fertility by IVF, artificial insemination and coitus...
- Lesbians' Use of Assisted Reproductive TechnologiesJacquelyne Luce; Fiscal Year: 2000..drugs, seeking access to IVF services, engaging in surrogacy arrangements and employing low-tech methods of insemination outside of medical settings...
- FUNDAMENTAL CRYOBIOLOGY OF HUMAN SPERMATOZOAJohn Critser; Fiscal Year: 1992Use of frozen human semen is now essential for artificial insemination by donor programs; as this permits the storage of semen until each donor is retested for the human immunosuppressive virus after sufficient time has elapsed for ..
- RMU--EVALUATION OF TREATMENTS OF MALE FACTOR INFERTILITYLuigi Mastroianni; Fiscal Year: 1990..A research proposal is presented for a multicenter randomized trail to compare the efficacy of intrauterine insemination (IUI), IUI with ovarian stimulation and GIFT in the treatment of male factor infertility...
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..we will test our hypothesis that vaginally delivered gel-microemulsion formulation of VDDTC prior to artificial insemination will prevent the conception without side effects...
- Nutritional Ecology of Adult Anopheles gambiaeWOODBRIDGE FOSTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Females, in turn, are dependent on male insemination for their own reproduction, and in addition require mammalian blood to develop eggs...
- ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION AND EMBRYO TRANSFERDUAN KRAEMER; Fiscal Year: 1990..in breeding and treatment of infertility of chimpanzees, procedures for: sperm cryopreservation and artificial insemination; superovulation; embryo collection and intra- and inter-species embryo transfer...
- SPERM TRANSPORT IN THE FEMALE RABBITJames Overstreet; Fiscal Year: 1980..Observations on sperm transport after natural mating by cryptorchid males and artificial insemination of immotile sperm will clarify the importance of sperm motility for entry into the cervix and passage to the ..
- CONTRACEPTION WITH MINI DOSE ANTIPROGESTIN IN MACAQUESMARY ZELINSKI WOOTEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..Resumption of oocyte meiosis, fertilization after insemination in vitro and development of resultant embryos of blastocysts during in vitro coculture with somatic cells will ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKJoseph Hill; Fiscal Year: 1999..The first protocol is a 2x2 comparison of intrauterine vs intracervical insemination, each with or without gonadotropin stimulation of the ovaries...
- DATA COORDINATING CENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKRobert Canfield; Fiscal Year: 2000..The first protocol is a 2x2 comparison of intrauterine vs intracervical insemination, each with or without gonadotropin stimulation of the ovaries...
- Optimal Infertility Therapy RCT: Women 40 and OlderRichard Reindollar; Fiscal Year: 2007..treatment arms: four cycles of immediate in vitro fertilization (IVF), two cycles of clomiphene/intrauterine insemination (IUI) followed by four cycles of IVF, or two cycles of FSH/IUI followed by four cycles of IVF...
- CRYOPRESERVATION OF SPERMATOZOA IN RARE MODELSBudhan Pukazhenthi; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate research aim is to improve the efficiency of assisted reproduction, specifically artificial insemination (AI), for propagating cats valuable to biomedical research and for conserving endangered felids...
- FERTILITY DRUGS AND OVARIAN CANCERMary Croughan; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., because of male-factor infertility or for donor insemination), and fertile women treated with OIAs for the purposes of ovum donation to determine the possible independent ..
- A NOVEL APPROACH TO GERM-LIINE PRESERVATION IN MACAQUESStuart Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2004..and then harvested from male mice or recipient macaques by semen collection and subsequently used in artificial insemination and IVF programs at the Regional Primate Research Centers in the US...
- The Disclosure Decision after the Use of Donor GametesRobert Nachtigall; Fiscal Year: 2004..parents undergo in decisions about disclosure of children's donor status by couples who have used either donor insemination of sperm (DI) or donor egg (DO); 2) Determine the respective roles of stigma, gender, and ethical issues in ..
- A SPERM RECOMBINANT ANTIGEN AS AN IMMUNOCONTRACEPTIVEMICHAEL O RAND; Fiscal Year: 1992..The female rabbits and mice will be actively immunized with the fusion protein and after insemination, their fertility determined...
- CRYOPRESERVATION OF EJACULATED AND EPIDIDYMAL SPERMAlan Trounson; Fiscal Year: 2001..strains of mice as mentioned in (1); (3) use the above methods in conjunction with intrauterine or oviductal insemination and/or in vitro fertilization methodologies and/or intracytoplasmic sperm injection so as to attain the highest ..
- CRYOBANKING OF MOUSE SPERMATOZOAJerome Sherman; Fiscal Year: 1980..Cryosurvival will be assessed in terms of percent and type of motility, membrane integrity, in vitro fertilization and in vivo insemination with progeny production.
- PROCESSING CRYOPRESERVED HUMAN SPERMRUPERT AMANN; Fiscal Year: 2002..and, at a rate safe for the sperm, replacement of cryo-extender with a buffer appropriate for intrauterine insemination (IUI) and not irritating to tissues--automatically and safely (for sperm and operator) without dilution or ..
- ROLE OF THE MHC IN EARLY MAMMALIAN DEVELOPMENTCarol Warner; Fiscal Year: 1992..For instance, donor sperm could be selected based on the Ped gene phenotypes of the donor and recipient, to maximize the chances of a successful pregnancy either after artificial insemination or in vitro fertilization.
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..
- METVAN: A Novel Anticancer AgentOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing METVAN for metastatic breast cancer and brain tumor patients. ..
- PHI 346: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Following successful completion of the Phase I in vivo efficacy studies, gel formulation of PHI-346 will be further explored as a vaginal dual-function microbicide in Phase II. ..
- FLP-102: Rationally Engineered Antiviral ProteinOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The preclinical data on FLP-102 will be essential to further explore the utility of this novel recombinant PAP mutant for Phase II. ..
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of STAMP in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- PHI-443: Novel Non-Spermicidal Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of PHI-443 in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- ENHANCING IN VITRO PRODUCTION OF RARE EMBRYOSRebecca Spindler; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- The ARTs in Action in Nonhuman PrimatesDon Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2003..This arrangement will permit attendees to attend both meetings and should encourage participation by research trainees and fellows. ..
- NUCLEAR TRANSFER IN RHESUS MONKEYSDon Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2001..Also, the simplicity of separating IVF-produced embryos at early cleavage stages with the transfer of individual blastomeres or groups of blastomeres to surrogate zonae offers a low technology method of cloning that will be evaluated. ..
- EVALUATION OF THE POTENCY OF RHESUS MONKEY STERM CELLSDon Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Defining the Mechanisms involved in LuteolysisMilo C Wiltbank; Fiscal Year: 2010..Completion of this research will validate a new in vivo model for luteolysis and provide insight into the interactions of specific gene expression cascades and signal transduction pathways during luteolysis. ..
- PROPAGATION OF MONKEY MODELS OF HUMAN DISEASEShoukhrat Mitalipov; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicants will select the optimal approach to twinning in year 1 and produce 5 sets of identical twins per year during years 2-5 of the study. ..
- CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEGary Wessel; Fiscal Year: 2003..The requested instrument would significantly enhance the research productivity of the broad, interdisciplinary community of researchers described here, and greatly improve the biological image capabilities in the region. ..
- Fetal Basis of Sexual Dysfunction: Brain DifferentiationD N Rao Veeramachaneni; Fiscal Year: 2007..By using a relevant and yet practical animal model the proposed studies will advance the knowledge base in pollutant-induced sexual/erectile dysfunction, an area pivotal to reproductive health/success in humans. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Wayne State University Clinical Translational ScienceMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MARKER ASSISTED SELECTION OF BOVINE BLASTOCYSTSHANS KUBISCH; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Anti-ischemic Resuscitation FluidMartin Bluth; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms Causing Cryptorchidism and Fetal Transformation of Testicular CellsD N Rao Veeramachaneni; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results will clarify the interaction of genetics and EDAs as cause of cryptorchidism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..