Genomes and Genes
Summary: The period of cyclic physiological and behavior changes in non-primate female mammals that exhibit ESTRUS. The estrous cycle generally consists of 4 or 5 distinct periods corresponding to the endocrine status (PROESTRUS; ESTRUS; METESTRUS; DIESTRUS; and ANESTRUS).
Publications288 found, 100 shown here
- A new rat model exhibiting both ovarian and metabolic characteristics of polycystic ovary syndromeLouise Mannerås
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Department of Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Box 434, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Endocrinology 148:3781-91. 2007..We conclude that the letrozole model is suitable for studies of the ovarian features of human PCOS, while the DHT model is suitable for studies of both ovarian and metabolic features of the syndrome...
- Circulating hormones and estrous stage predict cellular and stromal remodeling in murine uterusGeoffrey A Wood
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reproduction 133:1035-44. 2007....
- Determination of the estrous cycle phases of rats: some helpful considerationsF K Marcondes
Depto Ciências Fisiológicas, Faculdade de Odontologia de Piracicaba, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Av Limeira, 901, CEP 13414 903, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Braz J Biol 62:609-14. 2002The short length of the estrous cycle of rats makes them ideal for investigation of changes occurring during the reproductive cycle...
- Expression of mRNAs for interleukin-4, interleukin-6 and their receptors in porcine corpus luteum during the estrous cycleRyosuke Sakumoto
Department of Physiology and Genetic Regulation, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
Domest Anim Endocrinol 31:246-57. 2006..of IL-4, IL-6 and their specific receptors were determined in the CL of Chinese Meishan pigs during the estrous cycle. Moreover, the effects of these cytokines on progesterone (P(4)), estradiol-17beta (E(2)) and prostaglandin (..
- Mouse estrous cycle identification tool and imagesShannon L Byers
Reproductive Sciences R and D, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35538. 2012..Strain to strain differences, especially in coat color can make it difficult to determine the stage of the estrous cycle accurately by visual observation...
- Changes in the endometrial transcriptome during the bovine estrous cycle: effect of low circulating progesterone and consequences for conceptus elongationN Forde
School of Agriculture, Food Science, and Veterinary Medicine, and Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Biol Reprod 84:266-78. 2011..This study aimed to: 1) describe the transcriptional changes that occur in the bovine endometrium during the estrous cycle, 2) determine how elevated P4 affects these changes, 3) identify if low P4 alters the expression of these ..
- Muc-1, integrin, and osteopontin expression during the implantation cascade in sheepG A Johnson
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 65:820-8. 2001..temporal, spatial, and potential functional relationships between OPN, Muc-1, and integrin subunits during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy...
- Effects of lactation and pregnancy on gene expression of endometrium of Holstein cows at day 17 of the estrous cycle or pregnancyR L A Cerri
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 95:5657-75. 2012Objectives were to determine effects of lactation and pregnancy on endometrial gene expression on d 17 of the estrous cycle and pregnancy...
- Estrous cycle effects on behavior of C57BL/6J and BALB/cByJ female mice: implications for phenotyping strategiesH Meziane
Institut Clinique de la Souris, CNRS INSERM ULP, CU de Strasbourg, France
Genes Brain Behav 6:192-200. 2007..mice in phenotyping strategies has been a rare practice because of the potential variability related to the estrous cycle. We have now investigated the behavioral effects of the estrous cycle in a battery of behavioral tests in ..
- Expression of progesterone receptor membrane component-1 in bovine reproductive system during estrous cycleA M Luciano
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Eur J Histochem 55:e27. 2011..and localization of PGRMC1 in bovine ovary, oviduct and uterus, during the follicular and luteal phases of the estrous cycle. In the ovary, PGRMC1 has been detected in surface germinal epithelium, granulosa cells, theca cells and in ..
- The rodent estrous cycle: characterization of vaginal cytology and its utility in toxicological studiesJerome M Goldman
Reproductive Toxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 80:84-97. 2007While an evaluation of the estrous cycle in laboratory rodents can be a useful measure of the integrity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian reproductive axis, it can also serve as a way of insuring that animals exhibiting abnormal ..
- Changes in expression and activity levels of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 along the mouse female estrous cycleE Aliagas
Departament Patologia i Terapèutica Experimental, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 199:191-7. 2010..Cell Biol.131, 2009, 615). The purpose of the present study was to characterize in this system the expression profile of ecto-5'-nucleotidase (CD73), the enzyme generating adenosine from AMP...
- The expression of short from of leptin receptor gene during early pregnancy in the pig examined by quantitative real time RT-PCRI Bogacka
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:479-89. 2006....
- Microvascularization and angiogenic activity of equine corpora lutea throughout the estrous cycleG Ferreira-Dias
CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, R Prof Cid dos Santos, 1300 477 Lisboa, Portugal
Domest Anim Endocrinol 30:247-59. 2006..These data suggest that luteal angiogenesis and vascular regression in the mare are coordinated with the development of non-vascular tissue and might be regulated by many different factors...
- Alternative leader-exon usage in mouse IGF-I mRNA variants: class 1 and class 2 IGF-I mRNAsTakashi Ohtsuki
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, Japan
Zoolog Sci 24:241-7. 2007..In the uterus, both class 1 and class 2 IGF-I mRNA expression changed markedly during the estrous cycle, with the highest level at proestrus, but in the liver and kidney there were no significant changes in IGF-I ..
- Amino acids in oviduct and uterine fluid and blood plasma during the estrous cycle in the bovineSasha A Hugentobler
Teagasc, Animal Production Research Centre, Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co Galway, Ireland
Mol Reprod Dev 74:445-54. 2007..compare the amino acid concentrations of oviduct and uterine fluid and blood plasma on different days of the estrous cycle. Oviduct fluid was collected in situ from anaesthetised heifers on Days 0, 2, 3, 4 and 6 and uterine fluid on ..
- Metastin/kisspeptin and control of estrous cycle in ratsKei Ichiro Maeda
Laboratory of Reproductive Science, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 8:21-9. 2007..Two modes of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) are well established to regulate the estrous cycle: one is a tonic or pulse mode of secretion which is responsible for the stimulation of follicular development ..
- Stress and estrous cycle affect strategy but not performance of female C57BL/6J miceJ P Ter Horst
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research and Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Behav Brain Res 241:92-5. 2013..study generalization of these findings over sex, we investigated female C57BL/6J mice at three phases of the estrous cycle under non stress and acute (10 min) restraint stress conditions...
- Possible involvement of IFNT in lymphangiogenesis in the corpus luteum during the maternal recognition period in the cowAkane Nitta
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
Reproduction 142:879-92. 2011..We collected bovine CLs on days 12 and 16 of the estrous cycle (C12 and C16) and days 16 and 40 of early pregnancy (P16 and P40)...
- Cardiac neural regulation oscillates with the estrous cycle in freely moving female rats: the role of endogenous estrogensTerry B J Kuo
Sleep Research Center and Institute of Brain Science, National Yang Ming University, No 155, Section 2, Linong Street, Taipei 11221, Taiwan
Endocrinology 151:2613-21. 2010..Estrous rats during QS would be equivalent to the late follicular phase of the women menstrual cycle and involve strong vagal tone but weak sympathetic activity...
- Regulation of endometrial prostaglandin F(2alpha) synthesis during luteolysis and early pregnancy in cattleK Okuda
Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology, Faculty of Agriculture, Okayama University, Japan
Domest Anim Endocrinol 23:255-64. 2002..The purpose of this review is to summarize our current understanding of the endocrine mechanisms that regulate the timing and pattern of uterine PGF(2alpha) secretion during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy.
- Suppression of the GnRH pulse generator by neurokinin B involves a κ-opioid receptor-dependent mechanismP Grachev
Division of Women s Health, School of Medicine, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 153:4894-904. 2012..We conclude that NKB suppresses the GnRH pulse generator in a KOR-dependent fashion and regulates gene expression in GnRH neurons...
- Regulatory mechanism underlying cyclic changes in mouse uterine bicarbonate secretion: role of estrogenQiong He
Epithelial Cell Biology Research Center, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Reproduction 140:903-10. 2010..conductance regulator (CFTR), SLC26A6, carbonic anhydrase 2 (CAR2, CA2) and CAR12 (CA12), throughout the estrous cycle, were examined in the mouse uterus by western blot...
- Shifts in preferred learning strategy across the estrous cycle in female ratsDonna L Korol
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Program, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL 61820 USA
Horm Behav 45:330-8. 2004..in ovarian hormones influence cognitive strategy, we tested whether strategy use fluctuated across the estrous cycle in reproductively intact female rats...
- Cellular turnover in the mammary gland is correlated with systemic levels of progesterone and not 17beta-estradiol during the estrous cycleJ E Fata
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Biol Reprod 65:680-8. 2001..specific changes at the morphological and cellular levels, and uncover their relationship with the murine estrous cycle and physiological levels of steroid hormones...
- Evaluation of real-time PCR endogenous control genes for analysis of gene expression in bovine endometriumCaroline G Walker
DairyNZ Ltd, Hamilton, New Zealand
BMC Mol Biol 10:100. 2009..Fifteen candidate endogenous control genes were assessed across different tissue subtypes in pregnant and cycling Holstein-Friesian dairy cows from two divergent genetic backgrounds...
- Kisspeptin synchronizes preovulatory surges in cyclical ewes and causes ovulation in seasonally acyclic ewesA Caraty
Unité Mixte de Recherche 6175, Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Tours Haras Nationaux, 37380, Nouzilly, France
Endocrinology 148:5258-67. 2007..Our results indicate that systemic delivery of kisspeptin provides new strategies for the manipulation of the gonadotropin secretion and can cause ovulation in noncyclical females...
- Metformin slows down aging and extends life span of female SHR miceVladimir N Anisimov
N N Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St Petersburg, Russia
Cell Cycle 7:2769-73. 2008..Thus, antidiabetic biguanide metformin dramatically extends life span, even without cancer prevention in this model...
- Changes of receptor mRNAs for oxytocin and estrogen during the estrous cycle in rat uterusTakuya Murata
Department of Physiology, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 65:707-12. 2003..In this study, OTR, estrogen receptor (ER) alpha and ERbeta mRNA levels in the rat uterus during the estrous cycle were examined by quantitative RT-PCR...
- Local and systemic effects of embryos on uterine tissues during early pregnancy in pigsAnita Franczak
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
J Reprod Dev 55:262-72. 2009..days 12-14 of pregnancy, n=6) and uninseminated cyclic gilts, which were used as controls (days 12-14 of estrous cycle, n=5). Embryos developed only in the patent part of the uterus and not in the occluded horn...
- Proteomic characterization of histotroph during the preimplantation phase of the estrous cycle in cattleMichael P Mullen
Animal and Bioscience Research Department, Animal and Grassland Research and Innovation Centre, Teagasc, Mellows Campus, Athenry, Co Galway, Ireland
J Proteome Res 11:3004-18. 2012..LC-MS/MS) shotgun proteomics, we characterized the uterine proteome at two key preimplantation stages of the estrous cycle in high fertility cattle...
- Expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors in the bovine ovary during estrous cycle and pregnancyBajram Berisha
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich Weihenstephan, Freising, Germany
Endocrine 17:207-14. 2002..and real-time RT-PCR (LightCycler) in bovine ovarian follicles and in corpus luteum during the estrous cycle and pregnancy...
- Mouse estrous cycle regulation of vaginal versus uterine cytokines, chemokines, α-/β-defensins and TLRsDanica K Hickey
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
Innate Immun 19:121-31. 2013..investigates the cyclic changes in innate immunity in the female reproductive tract (FRT) of mice during the estrous cycle. By examining uterine and vaginal tissues and secretions we show that innate immunity varies with the stage of ..
- The mRNA expression of prostaglandin E receptors EP2 and EP4 and the changes in glycosaminoglycans in the sheep cervix during the estrous cycleC M Kershaw-Young
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, North Mymms, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Theriogenology 72:251-61. 2009..investigated the expression of EP(2) and EP(4) mRNA and glycosaminoglycans in the sheep cervix during the estrous cycle. Sheep cervices were collected prior to, during, and after the luteinizing hormone (LH) surge and during the ..
- Interleukin 1β-induced synthesis and secretion of prostaglandin E₂ in the porcine uterus during various periods of pregnancy and the estrous cycleA Franczak
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Olsztyn, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 61:733-42. 2010..mRNA in uterine tissues harvested from pigs on days 10 to 11, 12 to 13 and 15 to 16 of pregnancy and the estrous cycle. IL-1β (10 ng/ml) increased PGE₂ secretion and mPGES-1 mRNA expression in uterine tissues isolated from ..
- Expression of leptin and its receptor in corpus luteum during estrous cycle in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)Lalit Kumar
Physiology and Climatology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
Anim Reprod Sci 135:8-17. 2012..the importance of leptin and its receptors in buffalo corpus luteum (CL) obtained from different stages of the estrous cycle. Real-time RT-PCR (qPCR), western blot and immunohistochemistry techniques were applied to investigate mRNA ..
- Expression of proopiomelanocortin, proenkephalin and prodynorphin genes in porcine luteal cellsJ Staszkiewicz
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, 10 719 Olsztyn, Oczapowskiego 1A, Poland
Acta Vet Hung 55:435-49. 2007..Moreover, the present results support the involvement of opioid peptides in local regulation within the CL of the pig...
- The activity and localization of 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Δ(5)-Δ(4) isomerase and release of androstenedione and progesterone by uterine tissues during early pregnancy and the estrous cycle in pigsBartosz Wojciechowicz
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, 10 719 Olsztyn, Poland
J Reprod Dev 59:49-58. 2013..and P(4) by uterine slices harvested from pigs on days 10 to 11, 12 to 13 and 15 to 16 of pregnancy and the estrous cycle. The expression of 3β-HSD and the presence and activity of 3β-HSD protein were different in the endometrium ..
- Changes in EGF concentrations during estrous cycle in bovine endometrium and their alterations in repeat breeder cowsSeiji Katagiri
Laboratory of Theriogenology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Theriogenology 62:103-12. 2004..First, the profile of EGF concentrations during the estrous cycle was determined using endometrial tissues obtained from 31 Holstein cows after slaughter...
- Steroid hormone modulation of prostaglandin secretion in the ruminant endometrium during the estrous cycleAlan K Goff
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 7C6
Biol Reprod 71:11-6. 2004..Destruction of the corpus luteum at the end of the estrous cycle in nonpregnant animals is brought about by the pulsatile secretion of prostaglandin F(2alpha) (PGF(2alpha)) ..
- Temporal gene expression in equine corpora lutea based on serial biopsies in vivoT L Slough
Colorado State University, Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, Fort Collins 80523, USA
J Anim Sci 89:389-96. 2011..was developed to enable repeated sampling of a single equine corpus luteum (CL) over the course of an estrous cycle. The tissue collected was utilized in characterizing mRNA abundance for genes involved in luteal formation, ..
- Anticonflict actions of aqueous extracts of flowers of Achillea millefolium L. vary according to the estrous cycle phases in Wistar ratsM Molina-Hernandez
Laboratorio de Conducta, Instituto de Investigaciones Psicologicas, Universidad Veracruzana, Jalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
Phytother Res 18:915-20. 2004..0 mg/kg (p < 0.05) of Achillea millefolium L. reduced conflict behavior. In conclusion, the anticonflict-like actions of Achillea millefolium L. may vary according to the estrous cycle phase.
- Expression of estrogen receptor α 36 (ESR36) in the hamster ovary throughout the estrous cycle: effects of gonadotropinsPrabuddha Chakraborty
Departments of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e58291. 2013..ESR36), a splice variant of Esr1 and a receptor for non-genomic E signaling, in the hamster ovary during the estrous cycle and the role of gonadotropins and ovarian steroid hormones in ESR36 expression...
- Estrous cycle-dependent activity of neutrophils in the porcine endometrium: possible involvement of heat shock protein 27 and lactoferrinM Steffl
Department of Anatomy and Physiology of Domestic Animals, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Anim Reprod Sci 121:159-66. 2010..into the porcine endometrium is thought to be a specific feature during the follicular phase of the estrous cycle. To specify the localization and distribution of neutrophil granulocytes at different stages of the estrous ..
- The visceromotor response to colorectal distention fluctuates with the estrous cycle in ratsY Ji
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neuroscience 154:1562-7. 2008..study we tested the hypothesis that the visceromotor response to colorectal distention fluctuates with the estrous cycle. Three measurements (vaginal smears, uterine tube weight and plasma estrogen concentration) were used to ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of bovine prostaglandin E2 receptors EP2 and EP4: expression and regulation in endometrium and myometrium during the estrous cycle and early pregnancyJ A Arosh
Département d Ontogénie et Reproduction, Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Centre de Recherche du CHUL, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada GIV 4G2
Endocrinology 144:3076-91. 2003..EP2 mRNA and protein are expressed in endometrium and myometrium during the estrous cycle, whereas EP4 is undetectable...
- A progestin-based treatment with a high dose of estradiol benzoate normalizes cyclic changes in endometrial EGF concentrations and restores fertility in repeat breeder cowsSeiji Katagiri
Laboratory of Theriogenology, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Reprod Dev 54:473-9. 2008..Repeat breeder cows without peaks in their endometrial EGF concentrations on Days 3 and 14 of the estrous cycle were used throughout the study. The effect of 1 (standard dose), 2...
- Effect of food restriction and intense physical training on estrous cyclicity and plasma leptin concentrations in ratsZirlene Adriana dos Santos
Sao Judas Tadeu University, M Sc Program in Physical Education, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 57:1-8. 2011..Leptin appears to be one among others factors related to estrous cycle, but it probably acts indirectly.
- Associations between milk progesterone concentration on different days and with embryo survival during the early luteal phase in dairy cowsR E McNeill
Animal Reproduction Department, Teagasc Research Centre, Athenry, Co Galway, Ireland
Theriogenology 65:1435-41. 2006....
- Electrical and morphological characteristics of anteroventral periventricular nucleus kisspeptin and other neurons in the female mouseEric Ducret
Centre for Neuroendocrinology, Department of Physiology, University of Otago School of Medical Sciences, New Zealand
Endocrinology 151:2223-32. 2010..The firing pattern of RP3V neurons fluctuated across the estrous cycle with a significant (P < 0.05) switch from irregular to tonic firing patterns found on proestrus...
- Potential relationship between normalization of endometrial epidermal growth factor profile and restoration of fertility in repeat breeder cowsSeiji Katagiri
Laboratory of Theriogenology, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 95:54-66. 2006..In Experiment 1, endometrial tissues were obtained by biopsy on Days 3, 7 and 14 of the estrous cycle from 99 fertile dairy cows and normal ranges of uterine tissue EGF concentrations were determined...
- Lysophosphatic acid modulates prostaglandin secretion in the bovine endometrial cells differently on days 8-10 of the estrous cycle and early pregnancyIzabela Woclawek-Potocka
Department of Reproductive Immunology and Pathology, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn Poland
J Reprod Dev 55:393-9. 2009..endometrium at the time of the early maternal pregnancy recognition compared with the respective days of the estrous cycle and the enzymatic mechanism of this action...
- Enhancement of cue-induced reinstatement of cocaine-seeking in rats by yohimbine: sex differences and the role of the estrous cycleMatthew W Feltenstein
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 216:53-62. 2011..Drug-seeking in females is also estrous cycle dependent and inversely associated with plasma progesterone...
- Immunolocalization of NGF and its receptors trkA and p75 in the oviducts of golden hamsters during the estrous cycleQiang Weng
Laboratory of Animal Physiology, College of Biological Science and Technology, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing, China
Exp Anim 58:543-6. 2009..To investigate the physiological roles of nerve growth factor (NGF) in the oviduct of golden hamsters during the estrous cycle, the localization of NGF and its receptors, trkA and p75, were determined by immunohistochemistry...
- The hormonal responses of lipoprotein lipase activity and lipolysis in adipose tissue differ depending on the stage of the estrous cycle in female ratsM Yamaguchi
Second Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:610-7. 2002..study was designed to elucidate whether there were differences in the hormonal responses of the parameters involving triacylglycerol (TG) deposition and mobilization in adipose tissue among the stages of the estrous cycle in female rats.
- Changes in the ovarian dynamics and endocrine profiles in goats treated with a progesterone antagonist during the early luteal phase of the estrous cycleChiho Suganuma
Laboratory of Veterinary Reproduction, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Saiwai, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 101:285-94. 2007..concentration suppresses the pulsatile LH secretion and follicular growth, whereas progesterone has no physiological role in the regulation of FSH secretion and luteal function during the early luteal phase of the estrous cycle in goats.
- Is DNA methylation an epigenetic contribution to transcriptional regulation of the bovine endometrium during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy?Rainer W Fürst
Physiology Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 348:67-77. 2012..events controlling the transcriptional regulation of genes involved in endometrial function during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy have only sparsely been investigated...
- Elevated KiSS-1 expression in the arcuate nucleus prior to the cyclic preovulatory gonadotrophin-releasing hormone/lutenising hormone surge in the ewe suggests a stimulatory role for kisspeptin in oestrogen-positive feedbackK M Estrada
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Neuroendocrinol 18:806-9. 2006..These data strongly suggest that kisspeptins are involved in the generation of the preovulatory GnRH and luteinising hormone surge...
- Biochemical analysis of female mice urine with reference to endocrine function: a key tool for estrus detectionShanmugam Achiraman
Department of Environmental Biotechnology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620 024, Tamilnadu, India
Zoolog Sci 28:600-5. 2011..However, the carbohydrate level was equally maintained throughout the four phases of estrous cycle. For successful communication, higher concentrations of protein and specific fatty acids in estrus are ..
- Estrous-cycle-dependent variation in orthodontic tooth movementN Haruyama
Division of Orthodontics, Department of Life Long Oral Health Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Dent Res 81:406-10. 2002..They received repeated orthodontic force during specific phases in the estrous cycle. Tooth movement in animals that received force principally in estrus was about 33% greater than that in ..
- Granulosa cell-specific androgen receptors are critical regulators of ovarian development and functionAritro Sen
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Mol Endocrinol 24:1393-403. 2010..These GC-specific ARs appear to promote preantral follicle growth and prevent follicular atresia; thus they are essential for normal follicular development and fertility...
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in the uterine endometrium on day 12 of the estrous cycle and pregnancy in pigsHakhyun Ka
Department of Biological Resources and Technology, Yonsei University, Wonju 220 710, Republic of Korea
Mol Reprod Dev 76:75-84. 2009..searched genes differentially expressed in the endometria on D12 of pregnancy compared to those on D12 of the estrous cycle. A new reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)-based method that involves annealing control ..
- Kisspeptin is essential for the full preovulatory LH surge and stimulates GnRH release from the isolated ovine median eminenceJeremy T Smith
Department of Physiology, Building 13F, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3880, Australia
Endocrinology 152:1001-12. 2011..Kiss1r mRNA expression in GnRH neurons was also similar across the estrous cycle. To examine alternative pathways for kisspeptin stimulation of GnRH neurons, we examined the origin of ..
- Working and reference memory across the estrous cycle of rat: a long-term study in gonadally intact femalesAssunta Pompili
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, Faculty of Sciences of Education, University of L Aquila, ViaVetoio, Coppito 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Behav Brain Res 213:10-8. 2010..the influence that the endogenous fluctuation of estrogen, naturally present across the different phases of estrous cycle of female rats, can exert over the performance of tasks utilized to assess memory...
- Reproductive cycles of buffaloB M A O Perera
Department of Farm Animal Production and Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Anim Reprod Sci 124:194-9. 2011....
- Bovine pretransfer endometrium and embryo transcriptome fingerprints as predictors of pregnancy success after embryo transferDessie Salilew-Wondim
Institute of Animal Science, Animal Breeding and Husbandry Group, University of Bonn, Endenicher Allee 15, Bonn, Germany
Physiol Genomics 42:201-18. 2010..For this, endometrial samples were collected from Simmental heifers at day 7 and 14 of the estrous cycle, one cycle prior to embryo transfer...
- Interferon regulatory factor-two restricts expression of interferon-stimulated genes to the endometrial stroma and glandular epithelium of the ovine uterusY Choi
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Biol Reprod 65:1038-49. 2001..This study determined effects of the estrous cycle, pregnancy, and IFNtau on expression of Stat 1, Stat 2, IRF-9, IRF-1, and IRF-2 genes in the ovine endometrium...
- Immunohistochemical localization of GnRH and RFamide-related peptide-3 in the ovaries of mice during the estrous cyclePadmasana Singh
Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
J Mol Histol 42:371-81. 2011..in the ovary, we aim to investigate changes in the abundance of GnRH I and GnIH in the ovary of mice during estrous cycle. The present study investigated the changes in GnRH I, GnRH I-receptor and RFRP-3 protein expression in the ..
- Coexpression of adrenomedullin and its receptor component proteins in the reproductive system of the rat during gestationLei Li
Department of Physiology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:130. 2010..Adrenomedullin (ADM), a novel vasorelaxant peptide, was found in human/rat ovaries and uteri. Plasma ADM level increases in pregnant women and pregnant rats...
- Activation of the transcription factor, nuclear factor kappa-B, during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy in the pigJason W Ross
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:39. 2010..was to determine changes in expression and cellular localization of NFKB and associated factors during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy in the pig...
- Variation in maternal care influences ventromedial hypothalamus activation in the ratN M Cameron
Department of Psychology, Binghamton University SUNY, Binghamton, NY13902 6000, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 23:393-400. 2011..Lower levels of maternal care may favour the reproductive success of low LG offspring by increasing pERα and oestrogen-dependent lordosis behaviour and lowering c-Fos after mating, resulting in inhibition of termination of oestrus...
- Ovarian steroid-regulated synthesis and secretion of complement C3 and factor B in mouse endometrium during the natural estrous cycle and pregnancy periodSheng Hsiang Li
Institute of Biochemical Sciences, College of Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biol Reprod 66:322-32. 2002..the synthesis and secretion of these two proteins in mouse endometrium at various stages of the natural estrous cycle and during the pregnancy period...
- Cuprizone induces similar demyelination in male and female C57BL/6 mice and results in disruption of the estrous cycleLorelei C Taylor
Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:391-402. 2010..Therefore, cuprizone-induced demyelination in C57BL/6J mice may have limitations as a model for the study of sex differences...
- Effects of capsaicin treatment on the regulation of ovarian compensatory hypertrophy and compensatory ovulationAngelica Trujillo
Unidad de Investigación en Biología de la Reproducción, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Zaragoza, UNAM, Mexico
Endocrine 25:155-62. 2004..of compensatory ovarian hypertrophy (COH) and compensatory ovulation (CO) depends on both the day of the estrous cycle when sensorial denervation was performed and on which ovary was extirpated...
- Intravascular pressure and diameter profile of the utero-ovarian resistance artery network: estrous cycle-dependent modulation of resistance artery toneTerrence E Sweeney
Department of Biology, The University of Scranton, Scranton, PA 18510 4625, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2937-44. 2007Blood flow to the ovary varies dramatically in both magnitude and distribution throughout the estrous cycle to meet the hormonal and metabolic demands of the ovarian parenchyma as it cyclically develops and regresses...
- Estrous cycle modulates ovarian carcinoma growthGuillermo N Armaiz-Pena
Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:2971-8. 2009The effects of reproductive hormones on ovarian cancer growth are not well understood. Here, we examined the effects of estrous cycle variation and specific reproductive hormones on ovarian cancer growth.
- Influence of the estrous cycle on clock gene expression in reproductive tissues: effects of fluctuating ovarian steroid hormone levelsTakahiro J Nakamura
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Steroids 75:203-12. 2010Circadian rhythms in physiology and behavior are known to be influenced by the estrous cycle in female rodents...
- Effects of sex and estrous cycle on modulation of the acoustic startle response in miceClaudia F Plappert
Universitat Tubingen, Tierphysiologie, Zoologisches Institut, Morgenstelle 28, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Physiol Behav 84:585-94. 2005..Furthermore, the effects of the estrous cycle were tested...
- Spatiotemporal expression of the serine protease inhibitor, SERPINE2, in the mouse placenta and uterus during the estrous cycle, pregnancy, and lactationSchu Rern Chern
Department of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:127. 2010..In this study, we investigated the expression patterns of SERPINE2 in the mouse placenta and uterus during the estrous cycle, pregnancy, and lactation.
- The expression of prolactin and its cathepsin D-mediated cleavage in the bovine corpus luteum vary with the estrous cycleSabine Erdmann
Institute of Anatomy, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 13, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1365-77. 2007..In conclusion, 1) the bovine CL is able to produce PRL and to process it into antiangiogenic fragments by Cath D activity and 2) PRL cleavage might mediate angioregression during luteolysis...
- Gene expression profiles of bovine caruncular and intercaruncular endometrium at implantationNadera Mansouri-Attia
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 1198 Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, Jouy en Josas, France
Physiol Genomics 39:14-27. 2009..Using a 13,257-element bovine oligonucleotide array, we established expression profiles at day 20 of the estrous cycle or pregnancy (implantation), revealing 446 and 1,295 differentially expressed genes (DEG) in C and IC areas, ..
- Effects of steroid hormones on neurogenesis in the hippocampus of the adult female rodent during the estrous cycle, pregnancy, lactation and agingJodi L Pawluski
Department of Psychology, The University of British Columbia, 2136 West Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T1Z4
Front Neuroendocrinol 30:343-57. 2009..in circulating levels of steroid hormones such as estradiol, progesterone, and corticosterone during the estrous cycle, in response to stress, with reproduction (including pregnancy and lactation), and aging...
- Repeat breeding in dairy heifers: follicular dynamics and estrous cycle characteristics in relation to sexual hormone patternsR Båge
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Center for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Theriogenology 57:2257-69. 2002..For further determinations of repeat-breeder estrous cycle characteristics, seven strictly selected RBH and six virgin heifers (VH) were studied during 3-7 consecutive ..
- Evaluation of estrous cycle stage and gender on behavioral outcome after experimental traumatic brain injuryAmy K Wagner
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pittsburgh, 3471 Fifth Avenue, Suite 201 Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Brain Res 998:113-21. 2004..Because hormonal profiles are known to vary with estrous cycle stage, the purpose of this study was to evaluate how pre-injury estrous stage affects motor and cognitive ..
- Local changes in blood flow within the early and midcycle corpus luteum after prostaglandin F(2 alpha) injection in the cowTomas J Acosta
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de Asuncion, San Lorenzo, Paraguay
Biol Reprod 66:651-8. 2002..real-time changes in intraluteal blood flow after PGF(2 alpha) injection at the early and middle stages of the estrous cycle in the cow...
- Roles of tumor necrosis factor-alpha of the estrous cycle in cattle: an in vivo studyDariusz J Skarzynski
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, PAS, Olsztyn 10 747, Poland
Biol Reprod 69:1907-13. 2003..The aim of the present study was to examine the influence of different doses of TNFalpha on the estrous cycle in cattle by observing the standing behavior and measuring peripheral concentrations of progesterone (P4) ..
- AAV-mediated leptin receptor installation improves energy balance and the reproductive status of obese female Koletsky ratsErin Keen-Rhinehart
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, Box 100274, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0274, USA
Peptides 26:2567-78. 2005..injected into the MPOA and ARC, rAAV-OB-Rb stimulated the reproductive axis as evidenced by normalization of estrous cycle length and increased luteinizing hormone releasing hormone concentrations in the hypothalamus...
- Increased oocyte degeneration and follicular atresia during the estrous cycle in anti-Müllerian hormone null miceJenny A Visser
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 148:2301-8. 2007..We studied the follicle pool throughout the estrous cycle at 4 months of age...
- Effects of ghrelin upon gonadotropin-releasing hormone and gonadotropin secretion in adult female rats: in vivo and in vitro studiesRafael Fernandez-Fernandez
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Neuroendocrinology 82:245-55. 2005..of ghrelin (3 nmol/rat) evoked a significant inhibition of LH secretion in cyclic female rats throughout the estrous cycle (proestrus afternoon, estrus, metestrus), as well as in ovariectomized females...
- The spatiotemporal expression pattern of the bone morphogenetic protein family in rat ovary cell types during the estrous cycleGregory F Erickson
University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0674, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:9. 2003..6, -7, -15), receptors (BMPR-IA, -IB, -II), and BMP antagonist, follistatin, in rat ovaries over the normal estrous cycle. We have found that: i) all of the mRNAs are expressed in a cell-specific manner in the major classes of ovary ..
- Functional melatonin receptors in rat ovaries at various stages of the estrous cycleJose M Soares
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 306:694-702. 2003..These results underscore the implications of the levels of ovarian estrogen when melatonin receptor ligands are used as therapeutic agents...
- Differential effects of ovarian steroids on anxiety versus fear as measured by open field test and fear-potentiated startleRyoko Hiroi
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Behav Brain Res 166:93-100. 2006..P antagonizes these E effects on anxiety and fear...
- Neurokinin B and dynorphin A in kisspeptin neurons of the arcuate nucleus participate in generation of periodic oscillation of neural activity driving pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone secretion in the goatYoshihiro Wakabayashi
Laboratory of Neurobiology, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Neurosci 30:3124-32. 2010....
- Fluctuation of synapse density in the arcuate nucleus during the estrous cycleE Csakvari
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center, Temesvari krt 62, H 6701 Szeged, Hungary
Neuroscience 144:1288-92. 2007..rats the arcuate nucleus undergoes a cyclic fluctuation in the number of axo-somatic synapses during the estrous cycle, in parallel to the variation of ovarian hormone levels in plasma...
- Hypoxia is important for establishing vascularization during corpus luteum formation in cattleRyo Nishimura
Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:110-6. 2010..the mRNA and protein expressions of the HIF1 alpha subunit (HIF1A) and VEGF in bovine CL during the estrous cycle. The effects of hypoxia on the expressions of HIF1A protein, VEGF mRNA and VEGF protein in bovine luteal cells ..
- Redefining the limits of day length responsiveness in a seasonal mammalGabriela C Wagner
School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 149:32-9. 2008..This adaptive mechanism may be related to the latitude of origin and the timing of the seasonal transitions...
- Analysis of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) receptor and LPA-induced endometrial prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 expression in the porcine uterusHeewon Seo
Department of Biological Resources and Technology, Yonsei University, Wonju 220 710, Republic of Korea
Endocrinology 149:6166-75. 2008..pigs, we evaluated: 1) spatial and temporal expression of LPA receptors in the uterine endometrium during the estrous cycle and pregnancy and in early-stage concepti, 2) LPA levels in uterine luminal fluids from d 12 of the estrous ..
- The influence of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF) on the secretory function of bovine corpus luteum: TNF and its receptors expression during the estrous cycleAnna Korzekwa
Department of Reproductive Immunology, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Olsztyn, Poland
Reprod Biol 8:245-62. 2008..In the study, we determined CL expressions of TNF, TNFR-I and TNFR-II mRNAs during the bovine estrous cycle using semi-quantitative RT-PCR...
- Circadian clock mutation disrupts estrous cyclicity and maintenance of pregnancyBrooke H Miller
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Curr Biol 14:1367-73. 2004..Defining the mechanisms by which the Clock mutation disrupts reproductive function offers a model for understanding how circadian genes affect complex physiological systems...
- Estrous cycle phase and gonadal hormones influence conditioned fear extinctionM R Milad
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Neuroscience 164:887-95. 2009..differences in fear extinction were observed between subgroups of females, depending on their phase of the estrous cycle. Extinction that took place during the proestrus (high estrogen/progesterone) phase was more fully ..
- Overlapping and distinct expression of progesterone receptors A and B in mouse uterus and mammary gland during the estrous cyclePatricia A Mote
Westmead Institute for Cancer Research, University of Sydney at the Westmead Millennium Institute, and Department of Gynecological Oncology, Westmead Hospital, New South Wales 2145, Australia
Endocrinology 147:5503-12. 2006..expression of PRA and PRB was determined immunohistochemically in mammary gland and uterus during the estrous cycle or in response to endocrine manipulation...
- Understanding Pain of Gastrointestinal Origin in Women that Serve in OEF/OIFBeverley Greenwood-Van Meerveld; Fiscal Year: 2013..that in a freely moving rodent model, colonic sensitivity to luminal distension varies depending on the estrous cycle with the luteal phase being associated with visceral hypersensitivity and that elevated levels of progesterone ..
- NEURAL AND ENDOCRINE CONSEQUENCES OF PARITYROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2012..experienced animals during their subsequent reproductive cycles that were dependent upon the stage of the estrous cycle and the age of the female...
- CIRCUITS MEDIATING BEHAVIORAL CONSEQUENCES OF STEROID SENSATIONTimothy E Holy; Fiscal Year: 2013..In aim 3, we will examine the role of olfactory-detected sulfated steroids in estrous cycle suppression, focusing in particular on the role of glucocorticoids...
- NEUROSECRETORY GENE EXPRESSION IN THE HYPOTHALAMUSPamela L Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have shown that this rhythm, as well as the estrous cycle, are dependent upon the circadian transcriptional loop...
- Intranasal deferoxamine to treat stroke in young and older, male and female ratsSAMUEL SCOTT PANTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..to eliminate the neuroprotective effect of estrogen and the hormonal changes that occur during the estrous cycle. Animals will be accustomed to being handled and will have been trained in the behavioral tests prior to ..
- Determining the role of RFRP-3 in stress-related female infertilityMOLLY JOANNE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..end, the first aim of this proposal will define specific effects of acute stress on RFRP3 at each stage of the estrous cycle while also determining which components of the stress response system directly affect RFRP-3 expression...
- Interactions of dynorphin, NKB, and kisspeptin in control of GnRH secretionMichael N Lehman; Fiscal Year: 2013..KNDy and GnRH neurons, and the possibility of synaptic plasticity in these connections during the normal estrous cycle. These questions will be addressed using the female sheep, a model that possesses several unique advantages ..
- NEUROCHEMICAL MECHANISMS OF VISCERAL PAINRichard J Traub; Fiscal Year: 2013..symptoms in women fluctuates with the menstrual cycle and visceral sensitivity in rats fluctuates across the estrous cycle, suggesting gonadal hormones modulate nociceptive processing of visceral stimuli...
- Endocrine disruption of myometrial stem cell activitiesJOSE M TEIXEIRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The adult uterus undergoes repeated cycles of "injury and repair" in response to hormonal signals during the estrous cycle in mice (or the menstrual cycle in primates) numerous times in a normal mammalian reproductive lifespan, as ..
- Chromium VI-induced toxicity on Female Reproductive FunctionSAKHILA BANU; Fiscal Year: 2012..atresia and apoptosis of granulose cells, decreases steroid genesis, delays puberty, and extends the estrous cycle;while vitamin C supplementation along with CrVI mitigates the adverse effect of CrVI, restores normal ..
- Exposure to Pesticides: A Fetal Environmental Risk Factor for Parkinson's DiseaseBRIAN BARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2010..that gonadal steroid hormones modulate risk;this will be assessed by characterizing the role of the estrous cycle on the normal mouse NSD system, on PQ toxicokinetics and toxicodynamics, and also by manipulating gonadal ..
- GLYCOPROTEIN MARKERS OF UTERINE RECEPTIVITYDaniel D Carson; Fiscal Year: 2010..MUC1 expression varies considerably during the menstrual/estrous cycle in all species, although the molecular mechanisms underlying this regulation remain largely undefined...
- Neurotensin an endogenous neuroleptic-like peptideBECKY L KINKEAD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lastly, APD effects on the NT system and APD modulation of PPI are dependent on estrous cycle stage in female rats...
- Effects of Chronic ethanol exposure in male and female adolescents on behavior anCheryl L Kirstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..estrous cycling will be evaluated in all females during adulthood to investigate the effects of changes in the estrous cycle on long term behavioral and neurochemical consequences of chronic ethanol exposure during adolescence or ..
- Neonatal Bladder Inflammation, Opioids, and Adult Bladder PainAlan Randich; Fiscal Year: 2010..general hypothesis are tested in the following specific aims: Specific Aim 1 will test the hypothesis that the estrous cycle influences the magnitude of the endogenous opioid inhibitory response evoked by bladder inflammation in the ..
- Transcytosis of IgG in Genital InfectionsXiaoping Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..exhibits acidic pH, 4) the levels of IgG in the female genital tract can be changed over the course of the estrous cycle. Our new data showed that hormone significantly regulated the FcRn expression...
- EXPRESSION OF OVARIAN INHIBIN AND ACTIVIN GENESKelly Mayo; Fiscal Year: 1993..in situ hybridization histochemistry, and have begun to explore the regulation of these genes during the rat estrous cycle and during pregnancy. We now propose to extend these studies in three directions...
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome in femalesNancy Berman; Fiscal Year: 2005..steroids regulate the phenotype of trigeminal neurons by acting upon estrogen receptors during the natural estrous cycle, following ovariectomy and during pregnancy...
- GALANIN REGULATION OF PITUITARY REPRODUCTIVE HORMONESANGELA BAUER DANTOIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..castrated + testosterone-replaced male rats; and 2) female rats at different timepoints during the four day estrous cycle. Studies in females will specifically address whether gonadotrope sensitivity to galanin stimulation is ..
- PRETRANSLATIONAL REGULATION OF FSH AND LHMargaret Wierman; Fiscal Year: 1993..the ontogeny of gonadotropin synthesis: during gestation, in infancy and across sexual development, during the estrous cycle and with aging in the retired breeder...
- MEMBRANE EVENTS FOLLOWING HORMONE BINDING TO LH RECEPTORDEBORAH ROESS; Fiscal Year: 1991..receptor aggregation, distribution, and molecular motions on ovine luteal cells during the luteal phase of the estrous cycle and to explore how the physical behavior of the LH receptor is affected by its interactions with oLH or hCG...
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND LUTEAL FUNCTIONANNA GRAZUL BILSKA; Fiscal Year: 1999..intercellular communication between luteal cell types in vitro by evaluating three stages of the estrous cycle (corresponding to rapid growth, differentiation and regression; Exp...
- REGULATION OF ENDOMETRIAL PROSTAGLANDIN F-2A SECRETIONMARK MIRANDO; Fiscal Year: 1999..during days 12-16 of pregnancy and estrogen-induced pseudopregnancy compared to an equivalent period of the estrous cycle (i.e. before and during luteolysis)...
- REGULATION OF PROLACTIN SECRETION AT THE LACTOTROPHJOEL TABAK-SZNAJDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..a physiological interaction between DA, OT and PRL secretion, (2) To determine the physiological basis for the estrous cycle stage differences in the response of lactotropes to the PRL-releasing properties of OT, (3) To characterize ..
- Mechanism of Estrogen's Inhibitory Effects on FeedingLISA ECKEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..and meal patterns will be monitored in cycling rats treated with an antiestrogen at various phases of the estrous cycle. A second goal is to use c-Fos immunocytochemistry, a marker of neuronal activity, to determine whether ..
- MONOCYTE CHEMOATTRACTANT PROTEIN 1 IN THE CORPUS LUTEUMPAUL KEYES; Fiscal Year: 1999..of conception, the corpus luteum disappears from the surface of the ovary at the end of each menstrual or estrous cycle. The mechanisms that are responsible for the spontaneous involution of the corpus luteum are largely unknown...
- Estrogen Withdrawal and Dural Mast Cells: Implication for Menstrual MigraineDan Levy; Fiscal Year: 2010..aims are proposed: Aim 1 is to determine whether estrogen withdrawal, either occurring naturally during the estrous cycle or induced experimentally in ovariectomized (OVX) animals modulates the responses of meningeal nociceptors to ..
- Estrogen Signaling and Synaptogenesis in Hippocampus: The Role of BDNFJoanna Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2009..to examine these endpoints in the mouse hippocampus at high- and low- estradiol phases of the mouse estrous cycle. In the second specific aim, I will determine whether BDNF mediates the effects of ovarian hormones on these ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVE REMODELING IN THE ADULT UTERUSPeter Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our published studies show that sympathetic nerve density of the virgin rat uterus fluctuates throughout the estrous cycle, a 4.5 day interval that is analogous to the human menstrual cycle...
- HORMONE STORAGE AND SECRETION BY GONADOTROPESGwen Childs; Fiscal Year: 1993..is to learn if such diversity can be correlated with a particular functional or maturational state during the estrous cycle. The experiments will be gin by separating small, medium and large gonadotropes with counterflow ..
- STEROID CONTROL OF UTERINE VASCULAR FUNCTIONRONALD MAGNESS; Fiscal Year: 1999Uterine blood flow (UBF) increases during the follicular phase of the estrous cycle when the systemic and local estrogen/progesterone ratio is elevated. In the nonpregnant sheep...
- Target regulation of neuronal plasticityDavid Pettigrew; Fiscal Year: 2009..Uterine sympathetic nerves show constant phases of degeneration and regeneration during the natural estrous cycle, reflecting fluctuations in circulating levels of estrogen...
- ROLE OF THE FAS ANTIGEN IN OVARIAN CELL APOPTOSISSUSAN QUIRK; Fiscal Year: 2004..and theca cells can express both Fas and FasL and expression varies with follicle development during the estrous cycle. The Fas pathway is highly regulated in ovarian cells and is modulated by growth factors and cytokines...
- NOVEL SOMATOTROPE FUNCTIONS DURING OVULATIONGwen Childs; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: Growth hormone (GH ) cells may augment or influence gonadotropes during the estrous cycle to enhance fertility...
- INHIBITION OF BREAST CARCINOGENESIS BY DIBENZOYLMETHANEMou Tuan Huang; Fiscal Year: 1999..by the bromodeoxyuridine (BrdUr) labeling index and uterine wet weight during the estrous phase of the estrous cycle. Additional preliminary studies indicate that feeding 1% DBM in the diet to mice induces increased levels of ..
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF OVIDUCTAL SECRETORY PROTEINSWILLIAM BUHI; Fiscal Year: 1991..We will quantitate production of de novo synthesized OSP throughout the estrous cycle, early pregnancy, in onyx steroid-treated gilts and examine the contribution of the ampulla and isthmus in ..
- Female Sex Hormones and Spinal InjuryDavid Fuller; Fiscal Year: 2006..Fluctuations in these hormones during the estrous cycle in female rodents suggest that potential "neuroprotective" effects may depend on the time of the injury...
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF UTERINE MUSCLE K-CHANNEL MRNAMary Boyle; Fiscal Year: 1992..that this mRNA species encodes a smooth muscle K+ channel whose level of expression varies during the estrous cycle and pregnancy depending upon estrogen levels...
- NOVEL ROLE AND REGULATION OF UTERINE TIMPSWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2000..and progesterone receptors with that of TIMP-1 and TIMP-3 within specific uterine cell-types during the estrous cycle (mature mice) or during exposure to exogenous steroids (immature mice)...
- SECRETION OF PROLACTIN--REGULATION BY ENDOTHELINMARC FREEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..is to characterize the physiological role of endothelins in the control of lactotroph function during the estrous cycle. This will be accomplished by examining the effects of specific ET antagonists on PRL secretion in vivo...
- NEUROCHEMICAL SPINAL CIRCUITRY AND UTERINE INNERVATIONRAYMOND PAPKA; Fiscal Year: 2000..steroid hormone environment of pregnancy and parturition and the changing steroid hormone environment of the estrous cycle. Distinct subpopulations of spinal neurons innervate different pelvic organs (e.g., bladder versus colon)...
- COCAINE AND FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE DYSFUNCTIONThomas King; Fiscal Year: 1992..normal rates of ovulation as well as examination of the effects of acute cocaine exposure given at different estrous cycle stages on circulating luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and ovulation rates...
- MAJOR HISTOCOMPATIBILITY MOLECULES IN LUTEAL FUNCTIONJOY PATE; Fiscal Year: 2005..in ovarian biology, the underlying mechanisms through which the corpus luteum is disposed of after each estrous cycle. The P. I...
- PHEROMONES, BEHAVIOR AND THE REGULATION OF FERTILITYMartha McClintock; Fiscal Year: 1990..the hormonal response to odors produced during the birth cycle (pregnancy, birth, and lactation) and the estrous cycle, using a modified jugular cannulation technique...
- ESTROGEN AND CEREBRAL VASODILATIONDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2000..in OVX rats; d) variations in cNOS isoform expression and NO-dependent vasodilation that may occur during the estrous cycle in normal females; and e) using estrogen receptor (ER) antagonists (1C1 182780, tamoxifen--co-administered ..
- UTEROFERRIN GENE EXPRESSION DURING DEVELOPMENTROSALIA SIMMEN; Fiscal Year: 1990..be used to evaluate the size and relative abundance of Uf mRNA(s) in uterine endometria of sows during the estrous cycle and pregnancy...
- Estrogen Receptor Beta Regulation of the GnRH NeuronJENNIFER MAMMEN; Fiscal Year: 2009Estrogen provides both negative and positive feedback to GnRH neurons in the hypothalamus to regulate the estrous cycle and maintain fertility...
- NEUROENDOCRINE REGULATION OF EPISODIC LH RELEASERobert Gallo; Fiscal Year: 1990..to the regulation of basal pulsatile LH release during two important periods in reproductive physiology--the estrous cycle and pregnancy. I...
- VITAMIN A AND REPRODUCTIONDavid Ong; Fiscal Year: 2004..cell-specific expression of the three cellular retinoid-binding proteins present in the uterus during the estrous cycle. Proposed studies will: l) Identify uterine genes that are under estrogen control indirectly, via RA ..
- UTERINE PAIN--MECHANISMS AND MODULATIONUrsula Wesselmann; Fiscal Year: 2001..on the spinal processing of nociceptive input from the uterus, (3) to determine the influence of the estrous cycle on the spinal cord processing of noxious uterine stimulation and its pharmacological manipulation...
- CONTROL OF GONADOTROPIN RELEASE AND SYNTHESISMichael Thorner; Fiscal Year: 1990..stimulates phospholipase C to generate equivalent amounts of IP3 and diacylglycerol at each stage of the estrous cycle; IP3 mobilizes different amounts of (Ca2+)i during the estrous cycle; diacylglycerol 3 activates protein ..
- Altered physiology resulting in large follicular cysts.Milo Wiltbank; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model predicts that during each estrous cycle, the normal estradiol surge induces a physiological condition that resembles the condition that results in ..
- HORMONES, GABA RESPONSES AND BENZODIAZEPINE TOLERANCEMARLENE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 1993..I will examine the effects of gender, castration, hormone replacements and estrous cycle on the benzodiazepine recognition site and GABA modulation of this site...
- NONGENOMIC STIMULATION OF ESTROGENVictor Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2001..This, depending on the estrous cycle, leads to changes in intracellular messengers ultimately responsible for DA release...
- NEUROENDOCRINE MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGINGLothar Jennes; Fiscal Year: 2009..aging and to reveal the underlying mechanisms that cause a gradual decline in the regularity of the estrous cycle which is followed by a complete cessation of cyclicity in the middle-aged female mouse...
- PREGNANCY & NEURAL & BEHAVIORAL PLASTICITY IN THE FEMALECRAIG KINSLEY; Fiscal Year: 1999..the adult female brain is modified, reorganized in some examples, in surprisingly rapid fashion as during the estrous cycle after exposure to gonadal steroids (McEwen & Woolley, 1994; Woolley et al...
- OLFACTORY INFLUENCES ON PHYSIOLOGICAL PARAMETERSGeorge Preti; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., acceleration of puberty, estrous cycle regulation and release from estrous suppression) are termed primer pheromones...
- Neurotensin in estrous cycle regulation of PPIBecky Kinkead; Fiscal Year: 2003..Preliminary data demonstrated that there is both sex- and estrous cycle-related regulation of the rat NT system, and in the response of this system to antipsychotic drug ..
- Mechanisms of Sympathetic Axon PruningPeter G Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..Sympathetic axon density in the virgin rodent uterus fluctuates rapidly during the estrous cycle, with terminal axons degenerating when estrogen levels rise and regenerating when they decline...
- NEUROENDOCRINE MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGINGLothar Jennes; Fiscal Year: 2003..aging and to reveal the underlying mechanisms that cause a gradual decline in the regularity of the estrous cycle which is followed by a complete cessation of cyclicity in the middle-aged female rat...
- Ovarian Steroid Hormones and Hippocampal PlasticityWilliam Levy; Fiscal Year: 2004..significance of this enhanced excitability using CAl mini-slices from normally cycling rats across the estrous cycle. We will also determine whether the time course of the increase in excitability across the estrous cycle ..
- APOPTOSIS OF ANTERIOR PITUITARY CELLSMaria Castro; Fiscal Year: 2006..role of TNF/TNF-R1 and the Fas/FasL systems in cell death by apoptosis in the anterior pituitary during the estrous cycle. First, we will evaluate whether apoptosis of anterior pituitary cells is induced by TNF-R1 and Fas activation...
- ORGANIZATION OF STEROID-REGULATED HYPOTHALAMIC SUBSTANCEThomas Akesson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Fluctuations of SP content and neurosecretory activity of SP immunoreactive neurons during the estrous cycle suggests that hypothalamic cells that express SP may be targets of estrogen activation...