Genomes and Genes
Summary: The study of the origin, nature, properties, and actions of drugs and their effects on living organisms.
Publications317 found, 100 shown here
- Network pharmacology: the next paradigm in drug discoveryAndrew L Hopkins
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Science, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Nat Chem Biol 4:682-90. 2008..Advances in these areas are creating the foundation of the next paradigm in drug discovery: network pharmacology.
- DrugBank: a knowledgebase for drugs, drug actions and drug targetsDavid S Wishart
Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2E8
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D901-6. 2008..DrugBank has also significantly improved the power and simplicity of its structure query and text query searches. DrugBank is available at http://www.drugbank.ca...
- PubChem: a public information system for analyzing bioactivities of small moleculesYanli Wang
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:W623-33. 2009..Most of the tools described in this work can be directly accessed at http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assay/. URLs for accessing other tools described in this work are specified individually...
- Systems pharmacology to predict drug toxicity: integration across levels of biological organizationJane P F Bai
Office of Clinical Pharmacology, Office of Translational Science, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 53:451-73. 2013To achieve sensitive and specific mechanism-based prediction of drug toxicity, the tools of systems pharmacology will be integrated using structured ontological approaches, analytics, mathematics, and statistics...
- Systems pharmacology: bridging systems biology and pharmacokinetics-pharmacodynamics (PKPD) in drug discovery and developmentPiet H van der Graaf
Pfizer, Department of Pharmacometrics, Global Clinical Pharmacology, IPC 096, Sandwich, CT13 9NJ, UK
Pharm Res 28:1460-4. 2011..This has led to the emergence of systems pharmacology. Broadly speaking, this is the quantitative analysis of the dynamic interactions between drug(s) and a ..
- DrugBank: a comprehensive resource for in silico drug discovery and explorationDavid S Wishart
Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2E8
Nucleic Acids Res 34:D668-72. 2006..DrugBank is available at http://redpoll.pharmacy.ualberta.ca/drugbank/...
- International Union of Pharmacology. XXV. Nomenclature and classification of adenosine receptorsB B Fredholm
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pharmacol Rev 53:527-52. 2001..Testable models of the interaction of these drugs with their receptors have been generated by site-directed mutagenesis and homology-based modelling. Both agonists and antagonists are being developed as potential drugs...
- Molecular networks for the study of TCM pharmacologyJing Zhao
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, Second Military Medical University, PR China
Brief Bioinform 11:417-30. 2010..This review introduces available sources and methods that could be utilized for the network-based study of TCM pharmacology, proposes a workflow for network-based TCM pharmacology study, and presents two case studies on applying these ..
- Carbon nanotubes as nanomedicines: from toxicology to pharmacologyLara Lacerda
Nanomedicine Laboratory, Centre for Drug Delivery Research, The School of Pharmacy, University of London 29 39 Brunswick Square WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 58:1460-70. 2006....
- The pharmacology and signaling of bitter, sweet, and umami taste sensingR Kyle Palmer
Redpoint Bio Corporation, 2005 Eastpark Blvd, Cranbury, NJ 08512, USA
Mol Interv 7:87-98. 2007..Taste signaling, therefore, should be amenable to the methods of pharmacology. This review focuses on the GPCR-mediated signaling of bitter, sweet, and umami tastes and emphasizes the ..
- A microfluidic pipette for single-cell pharmacologyAlar Ainla
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Kemivagen 10, SE 412 96 Goteborg, Sweden
Anal Chem 82:4529-36. 2010..In short, the microfluidic pipette allows for complex, contamination-free multiple-compound delivery for pharmacological screening of intact adherent cells...
- International Union of Pharmacology Committee on Receptor Nomenclature and Drug Classification. XXXVIII. Update on terms and symbols in quantitative pharmacologyRichard R Neubig
Department of Pharmacology, 1301 MSRB III Box 0632, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0632, USA
Pharmacol Rev 55:597-606. 2003..follow have been updated from the proposals of a Technical Subcommittee set up by the International Union of Pharmacology Committee on Receptor Nomenclature and Drug Classification (Jenkinson DH, Barnard EA, Hoyer D, Humphrey PPA, ..
- International union of pharmacology. XXII. Nomenclature for chemokine receptorsP M Murphy
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Pharmacol Rev 52:145-76. 2000..The purpose of this review is to update current concepts of the biology and pharmacology of the chemokine system, to summarize key information about each chemokine receptor, and to describe a widely ..
- Modulating G-protein-coupled receptors: from traditional pharmacology to allostericsAnnette Gilchrist
Caden Biosciences, 5500 Nobel Drive, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 28:431-7. 2007..The implications are far reaching in pharmacology, as it means that a GPCR could have a different pharmacological profile depending on which G protein is ..
- Use of natural products as chemical library for drug discovery and network pharmacologyJiangyong Gu
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, State Key Lab of Rare Earth Material Chemistry and Applications, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
PLoS ONE 8:e62839. 2013..Natural products have been an important source of lead compounds for drug discovery. How to find and evaluate bioactive natural products is critical to the achievement of drug/lead discovery from natural products...
- Only connect: the merger of BMC Pharmacology and BMC Clinical PharmacologyElizabeth C Moylan
BioMed Central Ltd, 236 Gray s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HL, UK
BMC Pharmacol Toxicol 13:1. 2012This editorial celebrates the launch of BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology within the BMC series of journals published by BioMed Central...
- Interns' knowledge of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics after undergraduate and on-going internship training in Nigeria: a pilot studyKazeem A Oshikoya
Pharmacology Department, Lagos State University College of Medicine, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
BMC Med Educ 9:50. 2009A sound knowledge of pathophysiology of a disease and clinical pharmacology and therapeutics (CPT) of a drug is required for safe and rational prescribing...
- The role of clock genes in pharmacologyGeorgios K Paschos
Department of Pharmacology, Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 50:187-214. 2010..In this review, we provide evidence supporting the regulation of drug kinetics and dynamics by the circadian clock. We also use the examples of hypertension and cancer to show current achievements and challenges in chronopharmacology...
- Multidimensional drug profiling by automated microscopyZachary E Perlman
Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 306:1194-8. 2004..Our methods will be useful for discovering the mechanism and predicting the toxicity of new drugs...
- Allosteric GPCR modulators: taking advantage of permissive receptor pharmacologyKatie Leach
Drug Discovery Biology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Trends Pharmacol Sci 28:382-9. 2007....
- Hormesis is central to toxicology, pharmacology and risk assessmentEdward J Calabrese
Department of Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences Division, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:249-61. 2010..It is expected that as low dose responses come to dominate toxicological research that risk assessment practices will incorporate hormetic concepts in the standard setting process...
- Analysis of drug-induced effect patterns to link structure and side effects of medicinesAnton F Fliri
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Eastern Point Road, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Nat Chem Biol 1:389-97. 2005..The identification of this alignment provides a mechanism for forecasting clinical effect profiles of medicines...
- The pharmacology, neuroanatomy and neurogenetics of one-trial object recognition in rodentsEkrem Dere
Institute of Physiological Psychology, and Center for Biological and Medical Research, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 31:673-704. 2007....
- A simple and robust method for connecting small-molecule drugs using gene-expression signaturesShu Dong Zhang
MRC Toxicology Unit, Hodgkin Building, Lancaster Road, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 9:258. 2008..Lamb et al first proposed the Connectivity Map [Lamb et al (2006), Science 313, 1929-1935] to make successful connections among small molecules, genes, and diseases using genomic signatures...
- Principles: receptor theory in pharmacologyTerry Kenakin
Assay Development Compound Profiling, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 25:186-92. 2004....
- Integration not isolation: arguing the case for quantitative and systems pharmacology in drug discovery and developmentBalaji M Agoram
MedImmune LLC, Granta Park, Cambridge, UK
Drug Discov Today 16:1031-6. 2011Quantitative and systems pharmacology (QSP) is an emerging modelling technique that combines the flexibility of systems biology and tractability of compartmental pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling techniques...
- Adaption of team learning to an introductory graduate pharmacology courseGeorge A Dunaway
Department of Pharmacology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, P O Box 19629, Springfield, Illinois 62794, USA
Teach Learn Med 17:56-62; discussion 85-8. 2005..Team-learning experiences within a large group setting have a variety of educational applications...
- Population clinical pharmacology of children: modelling covariate effectsBrian J Anderson
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Eur J Pediatr 165:819-29. 2006..Population modelling using mixed effects models provides a means to study variability in paediatric drug responses among individuals representative of those in whom the drug will be used clinically...
- Biomarkers in pharmacology and drug discoveryD C Anderson
Center for Advanced Drug Research, SRI International, Harrisonburg, VA 22802, USA Electronic address
Biochem Pharmacol 87:172-88. 2014..Problems including introduction of bias into study designs, data reporting or data analysis are also reviewed. ..
- A brief history of great discoveries in pharmacology: in celebration of the centennial anniversary of the founding of the American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental TherapeuticsRonald P Rubin
The State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 102 Farber Hall, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
Pharmacol Rev 59:289-359. 2007
- Role of systems pharmacology in understanding drug adverse eventsSeth I Berger
Department of Pharmacology and Systems Biology Center New York, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med 3:129-35. 2011Systems pharmacology involves the application of systems biology approaches, combining large-scale experimental studies with computational analyses, to the study of drugs, drug targets, and drug effects...
- Sniffing out pharmacology: interactions of drugs with human olfactionJorn Lotsch
pharmazentrum frankfurt and Center for Drug Research, Development and Safety ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Goethe University Hospital, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Trends Pharmacol Sci 33:193-9. 2012..With an established molecular basis and using available tools, the assessment of olfaction in drug development and approval is advised...
- Connecting the dots: applications of network medicine in pharmacology and diseaseA Jacunski
1 Integrated Program in Cellular, Molecular and Biomedical Studies, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA 2 Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA 3 Department of Systems Biology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA 4 Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 94:659-69. 2013..experimental data on gene, protein, and metabolic interactions with clinical knowledge of disease and pharmacology in order to extend the understanding of diseases and their treatments...
- Predicting new molecular targets for rhein using network pharmacologyAihua Zhang
National TCM Key Lab of Serum Pharmacochemistry, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, Heping Road 24, Harbin 150040, China
BMC Syst Biol 6:20. 2012..Currently, network pharmacology has used in identifying potential drug targets to predicting the spread of drug activity and greatly ..
- Allostery in pharmacology: thermodynamics, evolution and designGábor Maksay
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, Chemical Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P O Box 17, H 1525 Budapest, Hungary
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 106:463-73. 2011This review focuses on basic models of allostery, the ambiguous application of the allosteric term in pharmacology illustrated by receptors, the role of thermodynamics in allosteric mechanisms, evolution and design of allostery...
- 10th annual meeting of the Safety Pharmacology Society: an overviewIcilio Cavero
Via dei Bacchettoni, 19B, 55100 Lucca, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:319-33. 2011The 10th annual meeting of the Safety Pharmacology (SP) Society covered numerous topics of educational and practical research interest...
- Pharmacology of TMSUlf Ziemann
Clinic of Neurology, J W Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Suppl Clin Neurophysiol 56:226-31. 2003..Increasing numbers of different forms of cortical inhibition are being discovered, such as SICI (GABAA dependent), CSP (GABAB dependent) and SLAI (cholinergic), and it is very likely that more will follow soon...
- Quantitative pharmacology or pharmacokinetic pharmacodynamic integration should be a vital component in integrative pharmacologyJ Gabrielsson
Discovery DMPK and BAC, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:767-74. 2009..pharmacologists with regard to why pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PKPD) integration is essential in basic pharmacology research to improve interpretation of data...
- [Network pharmacology: new opportunity for the modernization of traditional Chinese medicine]Zhi Hua Liu
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100193, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 47:696-703. 2012..The network pharmacology is a novel subject based on the construction of multi-layer networks of disease-phenotype-gene-drug to predict ..
- Concepts and challenges in quantitative pharmacology and model-based drug developmentLiping Zhang
Bristol Myers Squibb Research and Development, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
AAPS J 10:552-9. 2008..are defined and distinguished: PK-PD modeling, exposure-response modeling, pharmacometrics, quantitative pharmacology, and MBDD...
- Anticipating drug side effects by comparative pharmacologyRicard Garcia-Serna
Chemotargets SL, Passeig de Circumval lació 8, 08003 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 6:1253-63. 2010..we provide proof that drugs related by side effect similarity have in fact affinities for multiple common targets beyond their primary targets and set the basis for the use of comparative pharmacology to anticipate drug side effects.
- Discovery of novel regulatory peptides by reverse pharmacology: spotlight on chemerin and the RF-amide peptides metastin and QRFPChristian Kutzleb
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Feodor Lynen Str 31, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Curr Protein Pept Sci 6:265-78. 2005Reverse pharmacology is a screening technology that matches G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) with unknown cognate ligands in cell-based screening assays by detection of agonist-induced signaling pathways...
- Safety and secondary pharmacology: successes, threats, challenges and opportunitiesJean Pierre Valentin
Safety Assessment UK, AstraZeneca, Mereside, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4TG, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 58:77-87. 2008This review summarises the lecture of Dr Tim Hammond, recipient of the Distinguished Service Award of the Safety Pharmacology Society, given on 20 September 2007 in Edinburgh...
- Gene expression microarray analysis in cancer biology, pharmacology, and drug development: progress and potentialP A Clarke
Cancer Research Campaign Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, E Block, Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, SM2 5NG, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 62:1311-36. 2001..microarray technology and illustrate the progress and potential of the methodology in cancer biology, pharmacology, and drug development...
- Network pharmacologyAndrew L Hopkins
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Nat Biotechnol 25:1110-1. 2007
- Nurses' perceptions of their pharmacology educational needsRachel L King
Emergency Admissions Unit, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
J Adv Nurs 45:392-400. 2004b>Pharmacology education in nursing has become increasingly important as nurses' roles in administering, prescribing and educating patients about their medications have grown...
- Sorting out astrocyte physiology from pharmacologyTodd A Fiacco
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 49:151-74. 2009....
- Metabolomics in the context of systems biology: bridging traditional Chinese medicine and molecular pharmacologyMei Wang
SU Biomedicine, Utrechtsweg 48, P O Box 360, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
Phytother Res 19:173-82. 2005..such as those used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, in complex biological systems; abridging it with molecular pharmacology. This approach is considered to have the potential to revolutionize natural product research and to advance the ..
- Keynote review: in vitro safety pharmacology profiling: an essential tool for successful drug developmentSteven Whitebread
PreClinical Profiling, Lead Discovery Center, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Drug Discov Today 10:1421-33. 2005Broad-scale in vitro pharmacology profiling of new chemical entities during early phases of drug discovery has recently become an essential tool to predict clinical adverse effects...
- Defining the role of pharmacology in the emerging world of translational researchS J Enna
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Adv Pharmacol 57:1-30. 2009b>Pharmacology is focused on studying the effects of endogenous agents and xenobiotics on tissue and organ function...
- Navigating chemical space for biology and medicineChristopher Lipinski
Pfizer Global R and D, Groton Laboratories, Eastern Point Road, Groton, Connecticut 06340, USA
Nature 432:855-61. 2004..what are the best strategies for identifying small molecules that modulate biological targets? And how might such strategies differ, depending on whether the primary goal is to understand biological systems or to develop potential drugs?..
- The contribution of pharmacology to research on the mechanisms of memory formationJ L McGaugh
Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, and Research Professor, Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3800, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 21:208-10. 2000..There is now considerable evidence that this hope is justified...
- Principles of safety pharmacologyM K Pugsley
Department of Toxicology and Pathology, Global Preclinical Development, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Raritan, NJ, USA
Br J Pharmacol 154:1382-99. 2008Safety Pharmacology is a rapidly developing discipline that uses the basic principles of pharmacology in a regulatory-driven process to generate data to inform risk/benefit assessment...
- Replacing animal use in physiology and pharmacology teaching in selected universities in Eastern Europe--charting a way forwardDavid G Dewhurst
Learning Technology Section, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Altern Lab Anim 39:15-22. 2011..There was a consensus view that developing local language exemplars and evaluating their usefulness was likely to have the greatest impact on animal use, at least in the short-term...
- The impact of network biology in pharmacology and toxicologyG Panagiotou
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
SAR QSAR Environ Res 23:221-35. 2012....
- Information extraction in the life sciences: perspectives for medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and toxicologyMarc Zimmermann
Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing SCAI, Schloss Birlinghoven, D 53754 St Augustin, Germany
Curr Top Med Chem 5:785-96. 2005..Similar to biology and medical sciences, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and toxicology are descriptive sciences...
- Finding multiple target optimal intervention in disease-related molecular networkKun Yang
Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China
Mol Syst Biol 4:228. 2008..A number of promising MTOI solutions were found to be both effective and safer...
- Engagement of students with lectures in biochemistry and pharmacologyElizabeth Ann Davis
Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Biochem Mol Biol Educ 40:300-9. 2012..attendance of students over two year levels enrolled in two separate science disciplines, biochemistry and pharmacology. The study further sought to determine the factors that influence lecture attendance...
- Comparative pharmacology of GP IIb/IIIa antagonistsKarsten Schror
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Klinische Pharmakologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
J Thromb Thrombolysis 15:71-80. 2003..The inherent problems with all GP IIb/IIIa antagonists are the narrow therapeutic range because the same mechanisms are involved in hemostasis and thrombosis and their inability to inhibit platelet activation...
- Nous sommes tous des bacteries: implications for medicine, pharmacology and public healthDavid J Triggle
State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 84:1543-50. 2012....
- Gastrointestinal-tract models and techniques for use in safety pharmacologyA P Harrison
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Grønnegårdsvej 7, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 49:187-99. 2004..It is concluded that the field of safety pharmacology could rapidly, cheaply, and routinely incorporate membrane, isolated tissue, and endoscopy techniques for GI ..
- A comparison of student outcomes following problem-based learning instruction versus traditional lecture learning in a graduate pharmacology courseSally K Miller
University of Nevada at Las Vegas, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 15:550-6. 2003To determine if there would be a difference in students' performance and level of satisfaction when taught pharmacology in a problem-based learning format as compared to traditional lecture format.
- Systems pharmacology for drug discovery and development: paradigm shift or flash in the pan?P Vicini
Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism, Pfizer, San Diego, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 93:379-81. 2013Systems pharmacology is an emerging approach that sets out to use quantitative concepts rooted in the synergy between modeling and simulation on one hand and large-scale data collection and analysis on the other to investigate biological ..
- Pedagogy for teaching and learning cooperatively on the Web: a Web-based pharmacology courseMimi M Y Tse
School of Nursing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Cyberpsychol Behav 10:32-7. 2007..This article presents the development, utilization and evaluation of a web-based pharmacology course for nursing students. The course was developed based on 150 commonly used drugs...
- Teaching basic and clinical pharmacology to medical students: a 2006 survey in French schools of medicinePatrice Jaillon
Service de Pharmacologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie Site Saint Antoine, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
Therapie 61:439-46. 2006..was organized in 2006 in France in order to investigate the status of the core curriculum of basic and clinical pharmacology (BCP) teaching hours (TH) in the 6 years training of medical studies...
- The use of popular movies during lectures to aid the teaching and learning of undergraduate pharmacologySab Ventura
Monash University, VIC 3052, Australia
Med Teach 31:662-4. 2009..The role of the lecturer has changed to one where they must engage and motivate students to learn the subject material...
- Elusive equilibrium: the challenge of interpreting receptor pharmacology using calcium assaysSteven J Charlton
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Horsham, UK
Br J Pharmacol 161:1250-65. 2010..calcium assays, paying particular attention to the potential issues associated with interpretation of receptor pharmacology using this system...
- Neuroimmune pharmacology as a sub-discipline of medical neuroscience in the medical school curriculumRobert W Freilich
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 6:41-56. 2011The emerging field of neuroimmune pharmacology (NIP) is the confluence of three distinct disciplines: neuroscience, immunology, and pharmacology (Gendelman and Ikezu 2008)...
- Drugs, their targets and the nature and number of drug targetsPeter Imming
Institut fur Pharmazie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, 06120 Halle, Germany
Nat Rev Drug Discov 5:821-34. 2006....
- Computer-based alternatives to using animals in teaching physiology and pharmacology to undergraduate studentsDavid Dewhurst
Learning Technology Section, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Link Building, 15 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Altern Lab Anim 32:517-20. 2004..UK, the majority of animals used for undergraduate education are for laboratory practical classes (wet labs) in pharmacology and physiology...
- The impact of introducing computer-based alternatives to the use of animals in the teaching of physiology and pharmacology at Balkan universities - a pilot studyZvezdana Z Kojic
Institute of Medical Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Visegradska 26, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Altern Lab Anim 37:547-56. 2009Balkan universities use a substantial number of small mammals and amphibians in the teaching of physiology and pharmacology. This project investigated whether making computer-based alternatives readily available, and combining this ..
- Degradable and bioresorbable polymers in surgery and in pharmacology: beliefs and factsMichel Vert
Institute of Biomolecules Max Mousseron, UMR CNRS 5247, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Mater Sci Mater Med 20:437-46. 2009....
- Human behavioral pharmacology, past, present, and future: symposium presented at the 50th annual meeting of the Behavioral Pharmacology SocietySandra D Comer
New York State Psychiatric Institute Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, NY 10032, USA
Behav Pharmacol 21:251-77. 2010A symposium held at the 50th annual meeting of the Behavioral Pharmacology Society in May 2007 reviewed progress in the human behavioral pharmacology of drug abuse...
- Orphans in the human cytochrome P450 superfamily: approaches to discovering functions and relevance in pharmacologyF Peter Guengerich
Department of Biochemistry and Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 638 Robinson Research Building, 2200 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
Pharmacol Rev 63:684-99. 2011..sciences is that the functions of only a fraction of the genes/proteins are known, and this is also an issue in pharmacology. This review is focused on issues related to the functions of cytochrome P450 (P450) enzymes...
- [Tools for network pharmacology study: network visualization and network analysis]Leihong Wu
Department of Chinese Medicine Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:2923-5. 2011Network pharmacology has been one of the academic frontiers of traditional Chinese medicine research...
- Scientific foundations of hormesis. Part 2. Maturation, strengths, limitations, and possible applications in toxicology, pharmacology, and epidemiologyKarl K Rozman
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas, Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Crit Rev Toxicol 33:451-62. 2003..challenges. Therefore, both hormesis and hormoligosis are manifestations of two nonmutational evolutionary principles--homeostasis and optimization...
- Traditional African medicine: theory and pharmacology exploredD T Okpako
University of Ibadan, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, PO Box 20334, UI Post Office, Oyo Road, Ibadan, Nigeria
Trends Pharmacol Sci 20:482-5. 1999..This article summarizes the argument for such a therapy, and suggests that TAM is a distinct system of health care and not a rudimentary form of modern Western medicine...
- Applicability of the principles of developmental pharmacology to the study of environmental toxicantsD Gail McCarver
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Pediatrics 113:969-72. 2004..Some useful extrapolation can be made from the latter, however. An increased impetus for pediatric pharmacology studies resulted from evidence of shortcomings in algorithmic approaches to dosing and the recognition of ..
- Representation of less-developed countries in Pharmacology journals: an online survey of corresponding authorsDileep K Rohra
Department of Pharmacology, Alfaisal University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:60. 2011..This online survey was conducted with the primary aim of determining the opinion of corresponding authors of published papers in international Pharmacology journals regarding the difficulties in publications and their possible solutions.
- Audience response technology: engaging and empowering non-medical prescribing students in pharmacology learningJoanne S Lymn
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
BMC Med Educ 10:73. 2010..It is critical that these students develop a good understanding of pharmacology; however, many students are mature learners with little or no formal biological science knowledge and struggle ..
- PK-PD integration and PK-PD modelling of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: principles and applications in veterinary pharmacologyP Lees
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 27:491-502. 2004..Using indirect response models and clinically relevant indices, PD data have been determined for flunixin, phenylbutazone and meloxicam in the horse, nimesulide in the dog and meloxicam in the cat...
- Computer-based learning--an aid to successful teaching of pharmacology?Ian E Hughes
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 366:77-82. 2002Various types of software have been developed for use in pharmacology courses...
- [Application of network pharmacology and high through-put technology on active compounds screening from traditional Chinese medicine]Qingshan Liu
National Center of China for Minority Traditional Medical Research, Minzu University of China, Beijing 100081, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 37:134-7. 2012..To solve the difficult in the active compounds screening from traditional Chinese medicines (TCM)...
- Medicalization of pharmacology teaching: an urgent need in the medical curriculumRodolfo Rodriguez
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National University of Mexico UNAM
Proc West Pharmacol Soc 52:120-8. 2009..population, and knowledge of the literature, we have identified what should constitute the core content of pharmacology courses in medical schools...
- Teaching medical students basic neurotransmitter pharmacology using primary research resourcesAmy C Halliday
Department of Pharmacology, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom
Adv Physiol Educ 34:205-12. 2010Teaching pharmacology to medical students has long been seen as a challenge, and one to which a number of innovative approaches have been taken...
- Comparison of problem-and lecture-based pharmacology teachingMartin C Michel
Depts of Medicine and Pharmacology, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Trends Pharmacol Sci 23:168-70. 2002..Although various approaches have been labelled PBL, it remains unclear which approach is most appropriate for pharmacology courses...
- 2D and 3D cell microarrays in pharmacologyXavier Gidrol
CEA, DSV, iRTSV, Laboratoire Biopuces, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Curr Opin Pharmacol 9:664-8. 2009..This article compares different cell microarray formats and evaluates their potential use in the drug discovery process...
- Ligand-based approaches to in silico pharmacologyDavid Vidal
Chemotargets SL and Chemogenomics Laboratory, Research Unit on Biomedical Informatics, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica and Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Methods Mol Biol 672:489-502. 2011..all, methods based on ligand information have emerged as simple, yet highly efficient, approaches to in silico pharmacology. With the recent impact on the identification of new targets for known drugs, they are again the focus of ..
- Professor Chen-Yuan Lee, MD (1915-2001), pharmacologist: snake venom research at the Institute of Pharmacology, National Taiwan UniversityBarbara J Hawgood
Toxicon 40:1065-72. 2002Professor Chen-Yuan Lee was born in Tainan, Taiwan. In 1940, he joined the staff of the Institute of Pharmacology of the university, now named National Taiwan University...
- Learning of medical pharmacology via innovation: a personal experience at McMaster and in AsiaChiu Yin Kwan
Department of Medicine, HSC 4N40, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 3Z5, Canada
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:1186-94. 2004b>Pharmacology, a discrete preclinical discipline of the traditional medical curriculum, identifies itself distinctly different from the other preclinical or clinical subjects in knowledge base as well as learning/teaching instructions...
- Herrnstein's hyperbolic matching equation and behavioral pharmacology: review and critiqueJ Dallery
Department of Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Behav Pharmacol 15:443-59. 2004..Modifications to the equation, known as bias and sensitivity, may explain some of these inconsistent results, and the modified equation may have utility in behavioral pharmacology.
- Statistics in pharmacologyD Spina
Kings College London, Pharmaceutical Science Research Division, The Sackler Institute of Pulmonary Pharmacology, School of Biomedical and Health Science, Guy s Campus, London, UK
Br J Pharmacol 152:291-3. 2007..With this in mind, the British Journal of Pharmacology has commissioned a number of review articles to highlight the uses of statistics in experimental design and ..
- Optimising in vivo pharmacology studies--Practical PKPD considerationsJohan Gabrielsson
PKPD section, Drug discovery DMPK and BAC, CVGI, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, S 43183 Mölndal, Sweden
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 61:146-56. 2010..Refined integration of PK and PD (known as 'quantitative pharmacology' or a PKPD approach) is advocated, enabling clarification of the interdependence of a drug's pharmacological ..
- Geriatric pharmacology: safer prescribing for the elderly patientRollin M Wright
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 94:90-7. 2004..This article reviews prescribing situations with elderly patients commonly encountered by the podiatric physician. Strategies for medication management are provided to minimize the risk of adverse drug events in the older patient...
- Single molecule techniques for biomedicine and pharmacologyK O Greulich
Inst Mol Biotech, Jena Beütenbergstr 11 D07745 Jena, Germany
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 5:243-59. 2004..Where it is possible, the relevance to pharmacology and biomedicine is emphasized, often as a perspective or suggestion for experiments, since in this young field ..
- Natural products drug discovery: accelerating the clinical candidate development using reverse pharmacology approachesBhushan Patwardhan
Interdisciplinary School of Health Sciences, University of Pune, Pune 411 007, India
Indian J Exp Biol 48:220-7. 2010..Approaches based on reverse pharmacology may offer efficient development platforms for herbal formulations...
- PharmacologyMark A Perazella
Section of Nephrology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8029, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:1129-39. 2005
- Modified problem-based learning in pharmacologyR Hudec
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty ofMedicine, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratisl Lek Listy 110:732-5. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine differences between PBL as compared to modified PBL with special focus on acquiring EBM principles...
- Tutorial reduces protocol deviations in multicenter ACTG trials with pharmacology endpointsRobin DiFrancesco
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
HIV Clin Trials 7:203-9. 2006The AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) pharmacology quality assurance program requires clinical research staff to demonstrate minimum competencies in clinical pharmacology research...
- Model-based drug development: the road to quantitative pharmacologyLiping Zhang
Bristol Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 33:369-93. 2006..Quantitative pharmacology is a discipline that learns and confirms the key characteristics of new molecular entities in a quantitative ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..DMP integrates an array of biological and chemical methods, including genetics, pharmacology, and analytical chemistry to identify bona fide physiological enzyme-substrate interactions...
- Transcription factors regulating sensory gene expression and pain pathwaysEric E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2011..that it may be possible to resolve pain pathways into components that can be targeted through their specific pharmacology or molecular biology...
- Hypothalamic Orexin Role in Menopause-Associated Hot Flashes and Mood/Sleep DisruPHILIP LEE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..My training will also involve pharmacology training by Todd Skaar PhD for aim 1;molecular biology coursework and training by William Truitt, PhD, and ..
- Phosphorylation of FGF23 coordinates crosstalk between the skeleton and kidneyVINCENT SCOTT TAGLIABRACCI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Training: The proposed research will be conducted within the department of Pharmacology at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), under the mentorship of Dr. Jack E. Dixon. Dr...
- FASEB SRC on Lysophospholipd Mediators in Health and DiseaseJulie D Saba; Fiscal Year: 2011..to present and discuss novel findings regarding lysophospholipid metabolism, signaling, regulation, pharmacology and clinical trials;2) to facilitate participation of early career investigators;3) to promote participation of ..
- Development of a Nonpsychotropic Cannabinoid Agonist for the Treatment of SclerodRobert B Zurier; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: JB Therapeutics has assembled an exceptional scientific team to study the pharmacology and mechanism of action of its novel non-psychotropic cannabinod in the treatment of scleroderma...
- CRF-Oxytocin Interaction in the Regulation of Stress and AffectJoanna Dabrowska; Fiscal Year: 2013..a world-renowned expert in the neurobiology of oxytocin and social behavior, will provide training in the pharmacology of oxytocin and the oxytocin receptor, and he will guide me in the research pertaining to the oxytocin side of ..
- Preclinical Development of JS-K, a Novel NO-Generating Prodrug for CancerPaul J Shami; Fiscal Year: 2012..Upon completion of this project, JSKT will have all the essential pharmacology, toxicology and manufacturing information to submit a successful IND to begin Phase I safety trials of micelle ..
- Structural and molecular basis of drug-induced IKACh reductionSAMI FOUAD NOUJAIM; Fiscal Year: 2012..I obtained my PhD from the Department of Pharmacology at SUNY Syracuse in 2007...
- Structural and molecular basis of drug-induced IKACh reductionSAMI FOUAD NOUJAIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..I obtained my PhD from the Department of Pharmacology at SUNY Syracuse in 2007...
- Inhibition of IkK to treat lethal Graft-vs.-Host DiseasePatrick Flood; Fiscal Year: 2009..at Theralogics who are experts on the biology of NF- ?B in Drs Baldwin and Ghosh and two outside experts in the pharmacology of targeted therapy in Dr. William Zamboni and dog models of GVHD in Dr. Richard Nash...
- Targeting superbugs: discovery and development of new broad-spectrum lipopeptidesJian Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..toxicology studies in rats and non-rodent species, and ultimately IND-enabling GLP toxicology and safety pharmacology studies...
- Oklahoma Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceJudith A James; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Clinical Pharmacology program at OMRF will serve as the primary home for the SLE, RA, Sj"gren's syndrome and TTP clinics...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and surgical acute kidney injuryFREDERIC TREMAINE BILLINGS; Fiscal Year: 2013..University Medical Center operating rooms, intensive care units, and clinics, and in Division of Clinical Pharmacology laboratories...
- Enzymatic Regulation of S-Glutathionylation : Role in Apoptosis and DiseaseJohn J Mieyal; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project is designed from a "bedside to bench" perspective of translational pharmacology, whereby a drug in common use is re-examined from a new vantage point to seek therapeutic improvement...
- Interdisciplinary Research Training in Reproduction for Indian FellowsJohn C Herr; Fiscal Year: 2010..purposes to improve writing and communication skills, recombinant DMA technology, structural genomics, pharmacology, bioethics, and drug discovery, design, synthesis, and selection...
- Alzheimer's Disease TherapeuticTrevor P Castor; Fiscal Year: 2012..effort, we will conduct IND-enabling preclinical in vivo studies, including toxicology, efficacy, pharmacology and stability testing of selected formulation of bryostatin 1 drug product under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)..
- Targeting CC-Chemokine Receptor 7 for the prevention of graft-versus-host diseaseJAMES M COGHILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..A formalized didactic curriculum is also proposed, including coursework in pharmacology, cell biology, grantsmanship, and the responsible conduct of research. Through these experiences, Dr...
- Estrogen Modulation of Auditory ProcessingRaphael Pinaud; Fiscal Year: 2012..Second, a combination of intracerebral pharmacology in awake birds and biochemical methods will determine the specific intracellular mechanisms by which E2 ..
- Neurotrophins in the LungY S Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology, immunocytochemistry, fluorescence Ca2+ imaging, force measurement techniques, and lung ..
- Novel SCID rat models for human cell transplantation studiesJoseph C Ruiz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the rat has been a valuable animal model for physiology, behavior, and pharmacology research programs, due to ease of experimental manipulation...
- VISUAL SCIENCES TRAINING PROGRAMEric Pearlman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Molecular Biology &Microbiology, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology &Visual Sciences, Pathology and Pharmacology. Expansion of capabilities and productivity in the field of vision research has led to its selection as a ..
- Targeting p53-Dependent Repigmentation in VitiligoTAMARA G TERZIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Terzian will attend courses in immunology, dermatology and dermatopathology, pharmacology, biostatistics and ethics. These courses will assist Dr...
- Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Ceramidase InhibitorsLynn W Maines; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this Phase 1 SBIR project, we will evaluate the pharmacology and anti-IBD activity of three novel ceramidase inhibitors (representing three chemotypes of ceramidase ..
- EXPRESSION PROFILES FOR RET-POSITIVE DRG NEURONSSanjay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is extensive heterogeneity in DRG at several levels including neurochemistry, pharmacology, morphology, and molecular profiles...
- Integrin Regulation of Stretch-Activated Myometrial Signaling During Pregnancy anHeather R Burkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..An appointment in the Pharmacology Department here at the medical school would ideally situate me to identify pharmacological agents to halt ..
- Integrin Regulation of Stretch-Activated Myometrial Signaling During Pregnancy anHeather R Burkin; Fiscal Year: 2013..An appointment in the Pharmacology Department here at the medical school would ideally situate me to identify pharmacological agents to halt ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMQuentin J Baca; Fiscal Year: 2010..productive 20 year career on the Harvard faculty where he is a Professor of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology. His publications in the area of protein and lipid mobility in cell membranes have appeared in high profile ..
- The unique role of B-Raf in murine cardiac development and postnatal functionNatasha N Chattergoon; Fiscal Year: 2013..I completed my M.S. and Ph.D. degrees at Tulane University in the Department of Pharmacology in August 2000 and August 2004, respectively...
- Use of Phosphodiesterase Inhibitors to Evaluate the Pathobiology of CFJENNIFER L TAYLOR-COUSAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..of expertise in the design of clinical trials through formal training in statistical methods and analysis and pharmacology, establishment of a mentoring team to obtain guidance from senior investigators with experience in the design ..
- Design and Synthesis of Anxioselective AnxiolyticsJames M Cook; Fiscal Year: 2010..A network of 12 collaborators has been established to work with us on receptor binding, efficacy and pharmacology to understand the fundamental basis of/and treat anxiety disorders, as well as memory-impairment including age ..
- Roles of RhoA/Rho-kinase Signaling in Cavernous Neurons Following Axonal InjuryTRINITY JUDE BIVALACQUA; Fiscal Year: 2013..I obtained my MD/PhD from Tulane University in Molecular Pharmacology. My PhD thesis focused on the influence of systemic disease states such as diabetes on endothelial cell biology,..
- Long-Acting G-CSF Analog for Treating ARSGEORGE NORBERT COX; Fiscal Year: 2013..we will measure the safety profile and pharmacokinetic properties of the protein in IND-enabling, GLP animal pharmacology and toxicology studies in order to identify safe doses of the drug for testing in humans...
- Serotonin transporter-mediated regulation of neuroendocrine exocytosisKEVIN P CURRIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary data show that chromaffin cells accumulate 5HT through uptake by SERT. Our data using pharmacology (SSRIs) and transgenic mice (knock-out and knock-in models of SERT) also support a role for SERT in the ..
- Research Training in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary DiseasesS Jamal Mustafa; Fiscal Year: 2012..Faculty advisors are investigators trained in various disciplines including: Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Neurobiology, Microbiology, Immunology, Exercise Science, Genetics, Molecular ..
- PROBES FOR CYTOMETRYZbigniew Darzynkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The assays we propose to develop will find wide application in many diverse fields including pharmacology, mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, toxicology, experimental and clinical oncology as well as in cell and molecular ..
- Intravenous Protein Therapy for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1Richard Weisbart; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final product concept will undergo further efficacy, pharmacology and toxicology studies, scaled-up GLP production, additional pre- IND pharmacology and toxicology studies, and ..
- Effect of exposure to organochlorine compounds on the development of obesity andGEORGE E HOWELL; Fiscal Year: 2011..Howell to make a transition from his basic pharmacology background to the field of environmental toxicology. Dr...
- GM-CSF analogs for treating acute radiation syndromeGEORGE NORBERT COX; Fiscal Year: 2010..and measure the safety profile and pharmacokinetic properties of the protein in IND- enabling, GLP animal pharmacology and toxicology studies, which are required by the FDA prior to testing the compound in humans...
- Organismal Radioprotection Through Pharmacological QuiescenceJOHN S CHANT; Fiscal Year: 2010..In aim 2, we will perform extensive characterization in rodents of the pharmacology and toxicology of the most promising CDK inhibitors identified in aim 1...
- Development of a Novel PolC Inhibitor as a Gram-Positive AntibioticTHALE CROSS JARVIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 3, a 5-10 kg GLP-toxicology batch will be synthesized, and GLP-compliant toxicology and safety pharmacology studies will be performed...
- Multi-Organ Autonomic Electrophysiology in Parkinson DiseaseSamay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..strategies of geriatric clinical research to recruit and retain an elderly cohort;(4) Develop expertise in pharmacology as it relates to autonomic function and PD;(5) Apply biostatistics for hypothesis testing of longitudinal and ..
- NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units NetworkGeeta K Swamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..campus including pediatrics, anesthesia, infectious diseases, cardiology, hematology, pathology, genetics, pharmacology, epidemiology, research pharmacies and the Duke Translational Medicine Institute (NIH Clinical &..
- Development of Bioactive Chemical Probes for Calcium-activated Chloride ChannelMin Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..These active compounds, with further efforts in pharmacology and medicinal chemistry, may be exploited either as tools or as lead compounds for developing therapeutic ..
- Creation of hyperactive transposons for mutagenesis in rodentsEric M Ostertag; Fiscal Year: 2011..share more similarity in their cytochrome P450 genes, making the rat a more useful model for toxicology and pharmacology studies...
- Research Center for Pharmacology &Drug ToxicologyL Jackson Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Research Center for Pharmacology and Drug Toxicology brings together a group of highly experienced investigators with a shared interest in the role of oxygenation of lipids and oxidative stress in ..
- Genetic Determinants of the Response to Thienopyridine TherapyJessica L Mega; Fiscal Year: 2013..Marc Sabatine with the TIMI Study Group) and a multi-disciplinary advisory committee of experts in genetics, pharmacology, platelet biology, and cardiovascular clinical trials. Dr...
- Bifunctional Redox Catalyst &Organic Nitrate for Limb ReperfusionANDREW LURIE SALZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..manufacture >99% pure CM in to support large animal efficacy studies and follow-on GLP toxicology and safety pharmacology investigations...
- Pharmacology of Antiretroviral Nanoparticle MicellesChristopher J Destache; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HELATH RELEVANCE: This application will investigate the pharmacology of combination antiretrovirals (ritonavir, lopinavir, and efavirenz) fabricated into nanoparticles both in cell ..
- Pharmacology of Risperidone Effects on Bone Remodeling and Energy MetabolismKaren L Houseknecht; Fiscal Year: 2013..The pharmacology of SGAs is complex: they potently antagonize multiple G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) including dopamine, ..
- A Functional Role for the Circadian Clock Protein Per1 in the Regulation of ??ENaMichelle L Gumz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Segal, Julie Johnson, Barbara Battelle and Douglas Eaton are experts in the fields of nephrology, physiology, pharmacology, and neuroscience...
- Novel Small Molecules For Acute Liver FailurePrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2009..a formal and comprehensive set of regulatory studies profiling the genotoxicology, toxicology and safety pharmacology of Ang 1170 is underway...
- Decompressive craniotomy versus medical therapy for refractory intracranial hyperRaminder Nirula; Fiscal Year: 2010..Area (05) Comparative Effectiveness Research and specific Challenge Topic, 05-GM-101: Anesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology Sepsis Trauma, Burn, and Peri-operative Injury Wound Healing...
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., aqueous solubility, octanol/water partition coefficient, buffer stability and biochemical pharmacology (bioreversion and metabolism) of these compounds in ocular fluids and tissue homogenates including retina/..
- Immediate and Delayed Effects of Morphine on Brain Circuits: Animal and Human CorDusica Bajic; Fiscal Year: 2013..Candidate. I received my MD at the Medical School of Belgrade, Serbia in 1994, and my PhD in Pharmacology at the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2000...
- RESEARCH CENTER FOR PHARMACOLOGY AND DRUG TOXICOLOGYL Jackson Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2010The Research Center for Pharmacology and Drug Toxicology: Novel Mechanisms and Pharmacological Consequences of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Oxygenation brings together a tightly-knit group of experienced investigators with a shared interest ..
- Protein Phosphatase Regulation of the Principal Renal Sodium Transporter NHE3Ion Alexandru Bobulescu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Bobulescu will train primarily in the laboratory of Dr. Marc Mumby in the Department of Pharmacology, including over 2,000 sq ft of total laboratory space, well equipped with all necessary items needed to carry ..
- Bifunctional Redox Agent for the Treatment of PPHNGARRY JOHN SOUTHAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Phase II Specific Aim: Establish the subacute safety and tolerance of IV R-100 in GLP toxicology and safety pharmacology studies...
- The differential regulation of poly(ADP-ribose) in cancer and its role in proteinKRISTIN ANNE KRUKENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..in cell-based assays including microscopy, genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics as well as in cancer pharmacology and the application of basic science to translational research. In pursuit of her goals, Dr...
- Cholinergic Receptors as Targets for Accelerated Anthelmintic DiscoveryMICHAEL JOHN KIMBER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The experiments will combine bioimaging techniques, RNA interference (RNAi), bioassays, physiology and pharmacology to determine which of these receptors will progress to the next phase of the project at PAH...
- CB1 Receptor Regulation by Cannabinoid Receptor Interacting Protein CRIP1aDANA E contact SELLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..knockout mouse line as a novel tool to investigate effects of CRIP1a on physiological function, behavior and CB pharmacology in vivo...
- 18F-beta-Endorphin Imaging: Translational Study of an Opioid Peptide RadiotracerBRIAN contact REED; Fiscal Year: 2010..involving the expertise of the co-PIs in peptide chemistry, analytical chemistry, and in vivo opioid receptor pharmacology in non-human primates, as well as guidance and collaboration in radiochemical synthesis, PET imaging, and its ..
- Development of Pharmacotherapies for Nicotine AddictionFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2009..have extensive experience in organic and medicinal chemistry, molecular pharmacology, animal behavioral pharmacology, and drug abuse research...
- MEHARRY CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERValerie Rice; Fiscal Year: 2009..clinical research activities in the CRC by developing initiatives in oral health, community health, clinical pharmacology, and a collaborative clinical research network;2) to increase the type and quality of direct research support ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF ANTICANCER DRUGS IN ADVANCED AGEHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..which is also characterized by the highest overall incidence of cancer, little is known about the detailed pharmacology of cytotoxic agents in this population group...
- The Role of P-glycoprotein in Sitagliptin Clinical PharmacologyChristina L Aquilante; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a new oral antidiabetic agent, numerous unanswered questions exist regarding the clinical pharmacology of this drug...
- Pharmacology and Toxicology for Neurotherapeutics Program (PTNP)Patricia Noker; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Pharmacology and Toxicology for Neurotherapeutics Program (PTNP) contract award will support all preclinical pharmacology ..
- NETWORK OF PEDIATRIC PHARMACOLOGY RESEARCH UNITSRussell Chesney; Fiscal Year: 2003This application seeks to continue the Pediatric Pharmacology Research Unit at The University of Tennessee, Memphis...