Summary: A branch of medicine concerned with the total health of the individual within the home environment and in the community, and with the application of comprehensive care to the prevention and treatment of illness in the entire community.
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Do community medicine residency trainees learn through journal club? An experience from a developing countrySaima Akhund
Human Development Programme, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Med Educ 6:43. 2006..Also we have found no published effectiveness studies of this teaching modality in Community Medicine (Public Health) in any country...
- What impact will an increased number of teaching general practices have on patients, doctors and medical students?Jonathan Mathers
Health Impact Assessment Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Med Educ 38:1219-28. 2004..In light of the ongoing expansion of medical student numbers, many more general practices will be required to participate in undergraduate teaching...
- Community-based education programme of Dokuz EylÃ¼l School of MedicineBerna Musal
, Department of Medical Education, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Educ Health (Abingdon) 16:218-21. 2003
- Sidney Kark's contributions to epidemiology and community medicineJ D Kark
Int J Epidemiol 32:882-4. 2003
- Evidence-based public health, community medicine, preventive careMilos Jenicek
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Canada
Med Sci Monit 9:SR1-7. 2003..As a result, the already impressive, but still incomplete accomplishments of the evidence-based medical world require further advancements...
- Frequency of alcohol use and obesity in community medicine patientsJames E Rohrer
Health Services Research, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas, USA
BMC Fam Pract 6:17. 2005..However, the effects of alcohol use on the risk for obesity have not been thoroughly explored. This study focuses on how frequency of alcohol use is related to the risk of obesity in a community medicine clinic population.
- [Skills and requirements of residents. Teaching resources to help tutors in a situation of change]Francisco J Sanchez Marin
Fundación para la Formación e Investigación Sanitarias de la Región de Murcia, Hospital General Universitario Reina Sofia, Murcia, Espana
Aten Primaria 39:535-9. 2007To determine indicators of the skills and expectations of family and community medicine (FMC) residents (MIR). To construct teaching resources to value skills and expectations individually and continuously.
- How a community-based organization and an academic health center are creating an effective partnership for training and serviceDodi Meyer
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Division of General Pediatrics, New York, New York, USA
Acad Med 80:327-33. 2005....
- Assessment of competencies in physicians-in-training through the delivery of a community-based health curriculum using distance learningAndrea T Bortot
Joint Primary Care Fellowship, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Teach 26:615-20. 2004..This paper describes the background, process and statistical results of their work...
- Active precepting in the residency clinic: a pilot study of a new modelDavid W Lillich
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Fam Med 37:205-10. 2005..This study's objective was to develop and implement a model of "active precepting" as a teaching and patient care quality improvement project at a community-based family medicine residency program...
- Comparison of knowledge scores of medical students in problem-based learning and traditional curriculum on public health topicsErol Gurpinar
Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Department of Medical Education, Antalya, Turkey
BMC Med Educ 5:7. 2005..The purpose of the study was to compare the knowledge scores of medical students in Problem-based Learning and traditional curriculum on public health topics...
- Factors influencing community pediatrics training in residencyCynthia S Minkovitz
J Pediatr 150:119-20, 120.e1-2. 2007
- LOCUS: immunizing medical students against the loss of professional valuesDonald A Carufel-Wert
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Fam Med 39:320-5. 2007..The program consists of a core curriculum delivered through retreats, workshops, and seminars; a mentor relationship with a physician who is engaged in community health services; and a community service project...
- Does Community-Based Education come close to what it should be? A case study from the developing world: students' opinionsT N Kristina
Faculties of Medicine of Diponegoro University, Semarang, Indonesia
Educ Health (Abingdon) 19:179-88. 2006..However, there are doubts whether CBE programmes are appropriately implemented. As a case study, the CBE programme of the Medical Faculty of Diponegoro University (MFDU) in Semarang, Indonesia was evaluated...
- Beyond 'tomorrow's doctors': a review of basic medical education in the UKGaynor Lloyd-Jones
Medical Teaching Organisation, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, The University of Edinburgh Medical School, UK
Ann Trop Paediatr 25:71-8. 2005..Consequences of the initiative include greater choice in the courses now offered to applicants to medical school, the growth of medical education units within medical schools and greater interest in medical education generally...
- Family and community medicine in Saudi Arabia. Development and futureAli M Al-Shehri
Saudi Med J 25:1328-30. 2004
- The state of pediatrics residency training: a period of transformation of graduate medical educationTheodore C Sectish
Division of General Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Pediatrics 114:832-41. 2004..Strategies are suggested for leaders in graduate medical education to meet the challenges experienced during this period of transformation...
- Continuing effectiveness of a community child health programme for medical studentsMaree O'Keefe
University of Adelaide, Department of Paediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006
Med Teach 28:683-9. 2006..Although the programme continued to meet its specific aims, a number of agency factors outside the control of the programme coordinators posed real threats to long-term programme success...
- [Evaluation of clinical competence of family medicine trainer]M Pedregal González
Unidad Docente de Medicina Familiar y Comunitaria de Huelva, Huelva, Spain
Aten Primaria 34:68-72. 2004..The objective is to use a competence evaluation instrument that, in the short term, will be used not only for trainer accreditation but also for other public sanitary professionals...
- Evaluation and comparison of a 1-month versus a 2-week community pediatrics and advocacy rotation for pediatric residentsCynthia Delago
CARES Institute, Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey 08084, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 46:821-30. 2007..Residents' patients' use of Early Intervention services increased 65% during the 5-year period after curriculum introduction. No significant differences in outcome measures were observed between Curriculum A and Curriculum B...
- Teaching professionalism within a community context: perspectives from a national demonstration projectTHOMAS P O'TOOLE
Georgetown University School of Medicine, NE 113 Medical Dental Building, 3900 Reservoir Rd, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Acad Med 80:339-43. 2005..0%). This project demonstrates that community-based experiences can provide unique and relevant learning in a professionalism curriculum that can complement existing medical-school-based efforts...
- Dr. A.L. Saha Memorial Oration. National rural health mission: an opportunity to bridge the chasm between prescription, practice & perception of medical education in IndiaChandrakant S Pandav
Centre for Community Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi-110029, India
Indian J Public Health 50:153-9. 2006
- Value of a community pediatrics rotation for residentsEarnestine Willis
J Pediatr 148:287-8. 2006
- Assessing the effects of training on knowledge and skills of health personnel: a case study from the family health project in Sindh, PakistanSyed Farid-ul-Hasnain
Department of Community Health Sciences, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 17:26-30. 2005..This is a comparative analysis to assess the knowledge and skills of health care providers in Area Focus Approach (AFA) health facilities with the ones in non-AFA health care facilities...
- Advocacy by any other name would smell as sweetLisa J Chamberlain
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:453. 2006
- Development of the Community-Oriented Medical Education curriculum of Pakistan: a case report on the national initiative on curriculum developmentLubna A Baig
University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Educ Health (Abingdon) 19:223-8. 2006
- [Applying a teaching programme in community-based medical education]W Al-Faisal
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Damascus University, Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic
East Mediterr Health J 12:398-404. 2006..The students agreed with the structure of the programme and the role of the tutor and community, but were concerned about difficulties in implementation. Community members were enthusiastic about the programme...
- Facilitating the integrated small-group tutorial in a medical programme--the University of Transkei (Unitra) experienceJehu E Iputo
Quality Assurance Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, Walter Sisulu University, Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa
S Afr Med J 95:959-62. 2005..Regular training of tutors is carried out to assist faculty in adapting to the new methods of training. Performance of tutors is regularly assessed by students...
- Empirical evidence for symbiotic medical education: a comparative analysis of community and tertiary-based programmesPaul Worley
Flinders University Rural Clinical School, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Med Educ 40:109-16. 2006..The examination performance of students on this course has been shown to be higher than that of their tertiary hospital-based peers...
- A walk in the patients' shoes: a step toward competency development in systems-based practiceElisa Alter Zenni
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida Health Science Center, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
Ambul Pediatr 6:54-7. 2006..To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of scenario-based learning as a method for teaching systems-based practice to pediatric residents...
- The Community Follow-up Project (CFUP)M S Sherina
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 60:54-7. 2005....
- The Montana model: integrated primary care and behavioral health in a family practice residency programClaire Oakley
Biology Department, Rocky Mountain College, Billings, MT, USA
J Rural Health 21:351-4. 2005....
- Effect of a community oriented problem based learning curriculum on quality of primary care delivered by graduates: historical cohort comparison studyRobyn Tamblyn
McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 1A3
BMJ 331:1002. 2005....
- Advocacy is not a specialtyAbraham B Bergman
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:892. 2005
- Child advocacy training: curriculum outcomes and resident satisfactionLisa J Chamberlain
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:842-7. 2005..Many health problems affecting children today are based in the community and cannot be easily addressed in the office setting. Child advocacy is an effective approach for pediatricians to take...
- Evaluation of a task-based community oriented teaching model in family medicine for undergraduate medical students in IraqSamim A Al-Dabbagh
Department of Community Medicine, Mosul College of Medicine, Mosul University, Mosul, Iraq
BMC Med Educ 5:31. 2005..The aim of this study is to evaluate a task-based, community oriented teaching model of family medicine for undergraduate students in Iraqi medical schools...
- The family medicine clerkship over the past 10 years at Ben Gurion University of the NegevRoni Peleg
Department of Family Medicine, Goldman Faculty of Medical Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Teach Learn Med 17:258-61. 2005..Most medical teaching takes place in the academic hospital setting and students continue to have little exposure to community-based medicine...
- Community pediatrics: gender differences in perspectives of residentsCynthia S Minkovitz
Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Ambul Pediatr 6:326-31. 2006..We assessed gender differences in pediatric residents' involvement in and perspectives regarding community activities...
- Evaluation of residency training in the delivery of culturally effective careMaria Luisa Zuniga
Division of Community Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Med Educ 40:1192-200. 2006..To augment resident training in the delivery of culturally effective care in order to improve clinician capacity to effectively care for patients from diverse backgrounds...
- Lessons learned from community site administrators involved in pediatric community rotationsJennifer G Christner
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Ambul Pediatr 4:121-3. 2004..Understanding these perspectives may lead to better partnerships and experiences for both the residents and the community sites...
- Prevalence of community-oriented primary care knowledge, training, and practiceShirley K Longlett
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Quincy 62301, USA
Fam Med 34:183-9. 2002..This study examines COPC-related aspects of training and practice and whether or not respondents report COPC knowledge. The study also compares residency program and physician responses...
- Pediatrics in the community: community pediatrics training initiative (CPTI)Jeffrey Kaczorowski
CPTI American Academy of Pediatrics, USA
Pediatr Rev 29:31-2. 2008..The challenge is how to make such experiences available to all pediatric residents and pediatricians.-C. Andrew Aligne, MD, MPH, Section Editor...
- Integrating population health into a family medicine clerkship: 7 years of evolutionMark Unverzagt
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Fam Med 35:45-51. 2003..The curriculum integrates population health/community medicine projects and problem-based tutorials into a community-based, ambulatory clinical experience...
- Training community-responsive physiciansJohn R Brill
St Luke s Family Practice Residency, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Milwaukee, 53215, USA
Acad Med 77:747. 2002..Luke's family practice residency program has developed a longitudinal community medicine curriculum designed to teach the four domains of physician-community involvement: (1) insight into ..
- Participatory identification of learning objectives in eight medical schools in VietnamLuu Ngoc Hoat
Faculty of Public Health, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
Med Teach 29:683-90. 2007..The process is described as an example of a comprehensive and bottom-up approach to curriculum development that could provide an example for other disciplines and schools in Vietnam or elsewhere...
- Challenges to rural medical education: a student perspectiveGabrielle Delaney
Greater Murray Clinical School, University of New South Wales, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2650, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 10:168-72. 2002..Moreover, there is potential for flow-on benefits to the community following integration of new information technology into the local health infrastructure...
- [Doctors in training: a stimulus for society]R Vinyeta
Aten Primaria 29:529-30. 2002
- The state of community medicine training in family practice residency programsMarcus Plescia
Department of Family Medicine, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, NC 28232, USA
Fam Med 34:177-82. 2002This paper describes the state and nature of community medicine training in family practice residency programs.
- Early patient contact in primary care: a new challengeA C Haffling
Department of Community Medicine, Lund University, , Sweden
Med Educ 35:901-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The teaching of junior medical students is maintained by the GPs' enthusiasm for teaching. However, teacher training is required and the crucial issues of time and space have to be considered...
- Patients consulting with students in general practice: survey of patients' satisfaction and their role in teachingAnn Christin Haffling
Lund University, Sweden
Med Teach 30:622-9. 2008..General practice is a common setting for medical students' clinical training. However, little is known about patients' views on consulting with senior students...
- Training interns in population-based research: learners' feedback from 13 consecutive batches from a medical school in IndiaS Chaturvedi
Department of Community Medicine, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Med Educ 35:585-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: This study empirically demonstrates that with some extra effort from teachers, interns can be exposed to a hands-on learning experience in population-based research, on a systematic basis, without additional resources...
- Introducing the IMCI community component into the curriculum of the Faculty of Medicine, University of GeziraS H AbdelRahman
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira, Wad Medani, Sudan
East Mediterr Health J 14:731-41. 2008..It describes the community-based courses into which the community component was integrated, the implementation and impact of the programme and the constraints faced...
- The development and evaluation of community health competencies for family medicineMarie Wolff
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
WMJ 106:397-401. 2007..This focus requires a multidimensional perspective on community health that examines the determinants, ranges, and variations of health status and disease in the community as a whole...
- The development and evaluation of a community attachment scheme for first-year medical studentsDavid Hannay
Institute of General Practice and Primary Care, Community Sciences Centre, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Med Teach 25:161-6. 2003....
- General practice: a leading provider of medical student education in the 21st century?Jill E Thistlethwaite
Centre for Innovation in Professional Health Education and Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 187:124-8. 2007....
- Resident training and education in the United StatesRenee R Jenkins
Department of Pediatrics, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Pediatrics 112:752-4. 2003....
- The challenges of teaching in a general practice settingRod Pearce
Adelaide to Outback GP Training Program, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 187:129-32. 2007....
- Medical training in community medicine: a comprehensive, academic, service-based curriculumJudith A Fisher
Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Community Health 28:407-20. 2003The University of Pennsylvania's Family Practice Residency includes a significant community medicine component in order to accomplish the goals of addressing the health-related needs of the university's neighbors; exposing residents to ..
- Evaluation of a community-based pediatrics residency rotation using narrative analysisNancy P Chin
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Division of Public Health Practice, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Acad Med 78:1266-70. 2003....
- [Proposal for a map of methods and techniques to help tutors to "travel through the teaching programme"]José Saura Llamas
Medicina de Familia y Comunitaria, Centro de Salud Barrio del Carmen, Servicio Murciano de Salud, C Atenea, 21 El Palmar, Murcia, Spain
Aten Primaria 39:497-505. 2007
- Ambulatory care education: how do academic medical centers, affiliated residency teaching sites, and community-based practices compare?Patricia A Carney
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Acad Med 79:69-77. 2004....
- Introducing practice-based learning and improvement ACGME core competencies into a family medicine residency curriculumMary Thoesen Coleman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Med Center One, University of Louisville, Louisville, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:238-47. 2003..A curricular change was designed at the Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Louisville, to address selected ACGME competencies by incorporating practice-based ..
- Change in cardiovascular risk factors during a 10-year community intervention programS Giampaoli
Laboratory of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, , Rome, Italy
Acta Cardiol 52:411-22. 1997..Between 1983 and 1993 several intervention activities based on community medicine were carried out in the treatment area...
- [Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in community medicine: management intentions and cost estimates]M Jeantet
, , ,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1103-9. 2001This study was undertaken to describe the declared management of atrial fibrillation in community medicine in France for patients between 50 and 80 years of age, and to estimate the total cost of treatment for Society in the year 2000...
- 2006 Job Lewis Smith Award acceptance address: Is there an OWA (other weird arrangement) in your future?Stanley I Fisch
Harlingen Pediatrics Associates, 321 S 21st St, Harlingen, TX 78550, USA
Pediatrics 120:149-54. 2007
- Community healthMeghashyam Bhat
East Mediterr Health J 14:747. 2008
- Primary prevention of violence against women: training needs of violence practitionersSandra L Martin
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Violence Against Women 15:44-56. 2009..They want to learn about working at the community level (rather than the individual level), developing and evaluating prevention activities, and identifying effective primary prevention programs...
- Healing the schism: medicine and public health in PakistanGreg Pappas
Faculty of Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Pakistan
Educ Health (Abingdon) 21:173. 2008..We recommend the creation of public health schools that focus on leadership to renew an emphasis on unifying health concepts and actions following successful examples to bring medicine and public health together...
- Community-based education in Nigerian medical schools: students' perspectivesD E Heestand Skinner
Office of Educational Development, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Educ Health (Abingdon) 21:83. 2008..This study seeks to identify and describe the CBE programs in accredited Nigerian medical schools and to report students' assessments of the knowledge and skills gained during their community-based educational experience...
- Does general surgery residency prepare surgeons for community practice in British Columbia?Hamish Hwang
Department of General Surgery, Vernon Jubilee Hospital, Vernon, and the Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Surg 52:196-200. 2009....
- Collaboration with traditional health practitioners in the provision of skin care for all in AfricaTerence J Ryan
University of Oxford, UK
Int J Dermatol 50:564-70. 2011..The Task Force recommends education of traditional and modern health practitioners to improve collaboration, safety and efficacy. Thereby, it aims to improve skin care and to reinforce the best practices...
- Monitoring asthma statusChristopher Skappak
Department of Pediatric Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 11:174-80. 2011....
- [General practitioner and family practitioner are not synonyms: what is the difference?]Bruno Paccagnella
Comunità Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
Ig Sanita Pubbl 62:91-7. 2006
- Health is still social: contemporary examples in the age of the genomeTimothy H Holtz
Institute of Human Rights at Emory University, and in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS Med 3:e419. 2006
- Continuous quality improvement and community-based faculty development through an innovative site visit program at one institutionRebecca Malik
Undergraduate Family Medicine, Site Visit Committee, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Med 82:465-8. 2007..quality-improvement program was developed by the undergraduate program in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine to facilitate and document both self- and peer-assessment...
- Indian Public Health Association. 51st Annual Conference of Indian Public Health Association, Kolkata. Presidential speech. Socio political determinants of public healthDeoki Nandan
Indian J Public Health 51:159-61. 2007
- [About the best physician for the community]Josep E Banos
Med Clin (Barc) 127:797. 2006
- Medical students as family-health advocates: Arabian Gulf University experienceNeil Grant
Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain
Med Teach 29:e117-21. 2007..The family-studies programme requires all third-year students to complete a wide series of activities under family-physician supervision...
- [X conference of semFYC residents]Fernando García Martín
Aten Primaria 38:373-4. 2006
- Dennis CarlsonFaith McLellan
Lancet 370:649. 2007
- Psychotropic prescriptions in a sample including both healthy and mood and disruptive disordered preschoolers: relationships to diagnosis, impairment, prescriber type, and assessment methodsJoan L Luby
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:205-15. 2007....
- Comparing academic performance of medical students in distributed learning sites: the McMaster experienceFlavia Bianchi
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Med Teach 30:67-71. 2008....
- [Comments on the future of our speciality]Manuel María Ortega Marlasca
Aten Primaria 40:108; author reply 108-9. 2008
- Pragmatism and idealism in community child healthGraham Vimpani
Kaleidoscope in Greater Newcastle, Hunter Children's Health Network, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 42:306-8. 2006
- Using an office system intervention to increase breast cancer screeningL S Kinsinger
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:507-14. 1998..At follow-up, few practices had a complete office system for breast cancer screening. Outreach approaches to assist primary care practices implement office systems are promising but need further development...
- Medical education in Pakistan: current curriculum non-compliant with the community doctorsM Shahid Shamim
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 13:183. 2003
- New opportunities to study real-world patient managementNorman L Foster
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:341-2. 2003
- Task-oriented processes in care (TOPIC): a proven model for teaching ambulatory careJohn Rogers
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
Fam Med 35:337-42. 2003..This paper describes methods for teaching this model to clerkship students and reports 4 years of outcome data...
- Geriatric medicine in the European Union: future scenariosS A Duursma
Specialist Geriatric Medicine, University Medical Centre, University Hospital Utrecht, Koperslagershoek 21, 3981 SB Bunnik, The Netherlands
Z Gerontol Geriatr 36:204-15. 2003..The collected data can not be considered as a representation of the ideas of the European Union geriatricians. However, they may contribute to the discussion on the national and European level about the future of the specialty...
- Videoconferenced grand rounds: needs assessment for community specialistsJoan Sargeant
Program Development and Evaluation, Office of Continuing Medical Education, Dalhousie University, 5849 University Avenue, Halifax, NS B3H 4H7
J Contin Educ Health Prof 23:116-23. 2003..As requirements for specialists to participate in accredited learning activities become more rigorous, videoconferencing grand rounds may be one way to increase access to important learning activities...
- Community preceptors' views of their identities as teachersSusan Starr
Department of Pediatrics and the Community Faculty Development Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Acad Med 78:820-5. 2003..Identifying factors that enhance teacher identity may be helpful for the recruitment and retention of high-quality community faculty...
- Multidisciplinary rehabilitation versus usual care for chronic low back pain in the community: effects on quality of lifeEberhard Lang
Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Spine J 3:270-6. 2003..Implementation of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services in community medicine may enhance both early availability and treatment capacity for comprehensive back pain rehabilitation.
- A prospective, community-based study on virologic assessment among elderly people with and without symptoms of acute respiratory infectionJudith M Graat
Division of Human Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen University, Bomenweg 4, P.O. Box 8129, 6703 HD, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 56:1218-23. 2003....
- Teaching as therapy: cross sectional and qualitative evaluation of patients' experiences of undergraduate psychiatry teaching in the communityKate Walters
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London N19 5LW
BMJ 326:740. 2003..To explore the impact of participating in undergraduate teaching in general practice for patients with common mental disorders...
- Training primary care physicians in community eye health. Experiences from IndiaSanjeev K Gupta
Community Ophthalmology Section, Dr R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110 029, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 50:63-8. 2002..There is immense value addition from training primary-care physicians in community eye health. Despite a long series of training sessions, trainer fatigue was minimal; therefore, such capsules can be replicated with great success...
- Competency in community-oriented health care. Instrument developmentS P Chen
Department of Public Health, Mental Health and Administrative Nursing, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612 7350
Eval Health Prof 22:358-70. 1999..Content Validity of the instrument is based on the literature review, focus group sessions, and expert opinion. The instrument may be used to assess competency of health professions students in COHC, but continued testing is needed...
- Community-based education improves stroke knowledgeK Becker
University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Wash, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 11:34-43. 2001..Health education campaigns can increase community awareness and may decrease time to hospital presentation among stroke patients...
- Clinical detection of depression among community-based elderly people with self-reported symptoms of depressionJ Garrard
Institute of Health Services Research, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 53:M92-101. 1998....
- A primary care preceptorship for first-year medical students coordinated by an Area Health Education Center program: a six-year reviewL Rooks
Department of Community Health and Family Medicine, Florida State University, College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4300, USA
Acad Med 76:489-92. 2001..After six years, this preceptorship has been demonstrated to have a positive and meaningful impact on medical student education and development...
- Assessment of the effects of intensive training of community based staff in the screening of children for disorders of growth and pubertyF J Cowan
Department of Child Health, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF4 4XW, UK
J Med Screen 8:15-7. 2001....
- Evaluating primary care as a base for medical education: the report of the Cambridge Community-based Clinical CourseN Oswald
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Med Educ 35:782-8. 2001..It remains the most radical attempt to share clinical education in the UK between primary and secondary/tertiary care. Further research is required into providing long-term clinical attachments in NHS primary care settings...
- Treatment of Maternal Depression in Home Visitation: Mother and Child ImpactsROBERT THOMPSON AMMERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from this study will have profound public health implications through demonstrating the effectiveness of a readily disseminated treatment for sociodemographically high-risk mothers and their children. ..
- REDUCTION OF TRIGLYCERIDES IN WOMEN ON HRTLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Communities as Partners in Cancer Clinical TrialsSARENA SEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Health Pomotion and Disease Prevention Research CenterDaniel Blumenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract not provided ..
- Oklahoma-UT Southwestern Hemostasis ConsortiumJames George; Fiscal Year: 2007..A valuable outcome of the past four years has been the extension of collaborative relationship to the junior faculty members and trainees in our programs. OKLAHOMA-UT SOUTHWESTERN HEMOSTASIS CONSORTIUM CRITIQUES ..
- Treatment of Depression in Mothers in Home VisitationROBERT AMMERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Selective screening for osteoporosis in younger postmenopausal womenMargaret Gourlay; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will test osteoporosis screening strategies for postmenopausal women under 65 with the goal of preventing fracture. ..
- Sensitization to brain antigens following stroke.Kyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CARDIOVASCULAR RISK FACTORS IN WOMENLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2007..The HWS follow up provides a unique opportunity to study the development of new coronary Ca and progression of coronary Ca and relationship to both pre- and postmenopausal risk factors. ..
- 2006 Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Health Literacy and Children with Special NeedsDolores Acevedo Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2006..g. access, care coordination. III. Level of social support moderates the relationship between health literacy and service-related outcomes ..
- Morehouse School of Med/Tuskegee Univ/University of Alabama Ca Ctr PartnershipEdward Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Women (Healthy Women Study)Karen A Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CNS antigen sensitization in stroke.Kyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data derived from this study will be used to plan future trials of immunomodulation in patients with stroke. ..
- Sensitization to brain antigens following stroke.Kyra J Becker; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Longitudinal, computer assisted analysis in IPFKevin Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2009..If true, changes in high resolution computed tomography could serve as a non-invasive surrogate endpoint in the study of novel agents to treat this devastating disease. (End of Abstract) ..
- Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Women (Healthy Women Study)Lewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Peer Education in Pregnancy StudyVictoria Persky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results of this study will assist in elucidating the etiologic pathway by which asthma develops early in life, as well as assist in the development of effective intervention programs. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CARDIOVASCULAR RISK FACTORS IN WOMENLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2002..They further note that the identification of early and modifiable risk factors for subclinical disease should lead to prevention or reduction of clinical cardiovascular disease among postmenopausal women. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CARDIOVASCULAR RISK FACTORS IN WOMENLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 1993..They state that it has become the cornerstone of a major research effort in women's health...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CARDIOVASCULAR RISK FACTORS IN WOMENLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- Prognostication In Idiopathic Interstitial PneumoniaKevin Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will utilize survival analysis to define the patient population most likely to have improved survival through lung transplantation. ..
- REDUCTION OF TRIGLYCERIDES IN WOMEN ON HRTLewis Kuller; Fiscal Year: 2005..NMR spectroscopy of lipoproteins, inflammatory markers, and estrogen metabolites will also be evaluated. Therefore, the primary goal of this trial is the modification of measures of subclinical disease among HRT users. ..
- Parenting Effects of Healthy Steps: Utilization & ExpecCynthia Minkovitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will inform policy and practice regarding whether or not a parenting intervention, highly targeted to child development and behavior when children are 0-3, has effects when children are 5 years of age. ..
- THE ROLE OF LYMPHOCYTES IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIC INJURYKyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Longitudinal, computer assisted analysis in IPFKevin R Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2010..If true, changes in high resolution computed tomography could serve as a non-invasive surrogate endpoint in the study of novel agents to treat this devastating disease. (End of Abstract) ..
- Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is through this near one to one ratio with the trainees that ASH intends to foster and sustain interest in clinical hematologic research and thereby help stimulate the career development of future clinical researchers in hematology. ..
- Sensitization to brain antigens following stroke.Kyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- The Health and Social Context of Infant Death: Reflections from South AfricaCynthia Minkovitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..It also will provide client-based information that will enable the development of targeted interventions and policies to address these factors and improve service systems and community resources. ..
- The Cost-Effectiveness of MRI in Early Rheumatoid ArthritisLISA SUTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will address an important unanswered question in Rheumatology that would otherwise require years of costly prospective research. ..
- Behavior & Clinical Trials Participation in HIV+ LatinosMARIA ZUNIGA DE NUNCIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..