Genomes and Genes
Summary: Retrovirus-associated DNA sequences (v-myb) originally isolated from the avian myeloblastosis and E26 leukemia viruses. The proto-oncogene c-myb codes for a nuclear protein involved in transcriptional regulation and appears to be essential for hematopoietic cell proliferation. The human myb gene is located at 6q22-23 on the short arm of chromosome 6. This is the point of break in translocations involved in T-cell acute lymphatic leukemia and in some ovarian cancers and melanomas. (From Ibelgaufts, Dictionary of Cytokines, 1995).
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Characterisation of a pine MYB that regulates lignificationAstrid Patzlaff
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RB, UK
Plant J 36:743-54. 2003..Taken together, these findings are consistent with the hypothesis that PtMYB4 is sufficient to induce lignification, and that it may play this role during wood formation in pine...
- c-Myb and p300 regulate hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and differentiationMark L Sandberg
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Dev Cell 8:153-66. 2005..Cell cycle analyses show that twice as many HSCs from c-Myb(M303V/M303V) animals are actively cycling. Thus c-Myb, through interaction with p300, controls the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells...
- Developmentally distinct MYB genes encode functionally equivalent proteins in ArabidopsisM M Lee
Department of Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Development 128:1539-46. 2001..These results provide new insights into the evolution of the MYB gene family in Arabidopsis, and, more generally, they demonstrate that novel developmental gene function may arise solely by the modification of cis-regulatory sequences...
- Distinct and overlapping roles of single-repeat MYB genes in root epidermal patterningMarissa Simon
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Biol 311:566-78. 2007..These results provide new insight into the function of these single-repeat MYBs and suggest that divergence of their regulatory sequences is largely responsible for their distinct roles in epidermal cell patterning...
- Mutation of the Drosophila homologue of the Myb protooncogene causes genomic instabilityJ Robert Manak
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Room L216, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7438-43. 2002Vertebrates have three related Myb genes. The c-Myb protooncogene is required for definitive hematopoiesis in mice and when mutated causes leukemias and lymphomas in birds and mammals...
- Two R2R3-MYB genes, homologs of Petunia AN2, regulate anthocyanin biosyntheses in flower Tepals, tepal spots and leaves of asiatic hybrid lilyMasumi Yamagishi
Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8589 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 51:463-74. 2010..These results indicate that LhMYB6 and LhMYB12 positively regulate anthocyanin biosynthesis and determine organ- and tissue-specific accumulation of anthocyanin...
- The MYB transcription factor superfamily of Arabidopsis: expression analysis and phylogenetic comparison with the rice MYB familyChen Yanhui
Peking Yale Joint Center for Plant Molecular Genetics and Agrobiotechnology, National Key Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, 100871, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Plant Mol Biol 60:107-24. 2006..Arabidopsis genome sequence, among them, 126 are R2R3-MYB, 5 are R1R2R3-MYB, 64 are MYB-related, and 3 atypical MYB genes. Here we report the expression profiles of 163 genes in the Arabidopsis MYB superfamily whose full-length open ..
- MYB-bHLH-WD40 protein complex and the evolution of cellular diversityNicola A Ramsay
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK CB2 2QH
Trends Plant Sci 10:63-70. 2005..Here, we review the evolutionary history of the MYB-bHLH-WD40 protein complex and its role in generating plant epidermal cellular diversity...
- Involvement of the R2R3-MYB, AtMYB61, in the ectopic lignification and dark-photomorphogenic components of the det3 mutant phenotypeLisa J Newman
Department of Plant Sciences, South Parks Road, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RB, UK
Plant J 37:239-50. 2004..Taken together, these results suggest that AtMYB61 misexpression was both sufficient and necessary to explain the ectopic lignification and dark-photomorphogenic phenotypes of the det3 mutant...
- Functional analysis of the epidermal-specific MYB genes CAPRICE and WEREWOLF in ArabidopsisRumi Tominaga
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant Cell 19:2264-77. 2007..Furthermore, we showed by gel mobility shift assays that WER chimera proteins do not bind to the GL2 promoter region. However, a CPC chimera protein, which harbors the WER R3 motif, still binds to the GL2 promoter region...
- Mutations in the MYB intron I regulatory sequence increase transcription in colon cancersHonor Hugo
Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, East Melbourne and Department of Pathology, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:1143-54. 2006..In CRC, these mutations may contribute to MYB overexpression, highlighting the importance of noncoding sequences in the regulation of key cancer genes...
- Duplication of the MYB oncogene in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaIdoya Lahortiga
Human Genome Laboratory, Department of Molecular and Developmental Genetics, Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Nat Genet 39:593-5. 2007..Our results identify duplication of MYB as an oncogenic event and suggest that MYB could be a therapeutic target in human T-ALL...
- c-Myb a stem-progenitor cell regulator in multiple tissue compartmentsRobert G Ramsay
Differentiation and Transcription Group, Trescowthick Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Victoria, and the University of Melbourne, Department of Pathology, Parkville, Australia
Growth Factors 23:253-61. 2005
- A R2R3-MYB gene, AtMYB30, acts as a positive regulator of the hypersensitive cell death program in plants in response to pathogen attackFabienne Vailleau
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire des relations Plantes Microorganismes, Unité Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique 215, BP 27, 31326 Castanet Tolosan Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10179-84. 2002..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that AtMYB30 is a positive regulator of hypersensitive cell death...
- Conifer R2R3-MYB transcription factors: sequence analyses and gene expression in wood-forming tissues of white spruce (Picea glauca)Frank Bedon
Centre d Etude de la Forêt, Universite Laval, Pavillon Charles Eugène Marchand, Sainte Foy G1K7P4, Quebec, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 7:17. 2007..The angiosperm Arabidopsis has over one hundred R2R3-MYBs genes; however, only a few members of this family have been discovered in gymnosperms...
- Interleukin-7 and interleukin-15 regulate the expression of the bcl-2 and c-myb genes in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma cellsJ Z Qin
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
Blood 98:2778-83. 2001..The c-Myb protein was also present in CTCL cells of the skin lesions of all investigated patients. These results indicate that IL-7 and IL-15 may increase bcl-2 expression in CTCL cells by the activation of c-myb and STAT factors...
- Expansion and diversification of the Populus R2R3-MYB family of transcription factorsOlivia Wilkins
Department of Cell and Systems Biology and Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution and Function, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3B2
Plant Physiol 149:981-93. 2009....
- Identification of conserved gene structures and carboxy-terminal motifs in the Myb gene family of Arabidopsis and Oryza sativa L. ssp. indicaCizhong Jiang
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Genome Biol 5:R46. 2004..one of the largest families of transcription factors in plants, little is known about the functions of most Myb genes. Here we use computational techniques to classify Myb genes on the basis of sequence similarity and gene ..
- Induction of apoptosis in K562 cells by dominant negative c-mybHo Keun Yi
Department of Pediatrics, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, South Korea
Exp Hematol 30:1139-46. 2002..Use of dominant negative mutants as a strategy for inhibiting oncogene function has attracted considerable attention. The aim of this study was to induce apoptosis in K562 cells by dominant negative c-myb (DN-myb)...
- Myb genes in ciliates: a common origin with the myb protooncogene?Tie Yang
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire 4, Bâtiment 444, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Protist 154:229-38. 2003..This is the first report of a myb homolog in a ciliated protist, thus, confirming its origin in strict unicellular eukaryotes...
- Oligodeoxynucleotide-mediated inhibition of c-myb gene expression in autografted bone marrow: a pilot studySelina M Luger
Division of Hematology Oncology and the Stem Cell Biology Therapeutics Program, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Blood 99:1150-8. 2002....
- Functional evolution of the vertebrate Myb gene family: B-Myb, but neither A-Myb nor c-Myb, complements Drosophila Myb in hemocytesColin J Davidson
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genetics 169:215-29. 2005..possess a single Myb gene, whereas all vertebrate genomes examined thus far contain three different Myb genes (A-Myb, B-Myb, and c-Myb)...
- Isolation and functional assessment of common, polymorphic variants of the B-MYB proto-oncogene associated with a reduced cancer riskR Schwab
Molecular Haematology and Cancer Biology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Oncogene 27:2929-33. 2008..53; (95%) confidence interval 0.385-0.755; P=0.001). This data imply that a large fraction of the human population is carrier of B-MYB alleles that might be associated with a reduced risk of developing neoplastic disease...
- Overexpression of v-myb oncogene or c-myb proto-oncogene in insect cells: characterization of newly induced nucleolus-like structures accumulating Myb proteinJitka Stokrova
Department of Biopolymers Micromorphology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Flemingovo nam 2, 166 37 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Int J Mol Med 9:547-54. 2002..They rather reflected progressive changes, induced by the virus infection and high expression of v-myb genes, accompanied by the formation of these prominent nucleolus-like structures highly enriched in Myb protein...
- Myb proteins regulate expression of histone variant H2A.Z during thymocyte developmentJoel Hooper
Institute of Cancer Research, CRUK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, London, UK
Immunology 123:282-9. 2008....
- Members of the c1/pl1 regulatory gene family mediate the response of maize aleurone and mesocotyl to different light qualities and cytokininsPaolo Piazza
Dipartmento di Genetica e di Biologia dei Microrganism, Milano, Italy
Plant Physiol 128:1077-86. 2002..We conclude that specific members of the MYB-related c1/pl1 gene family play important roles in the regulation of anthocyanin synthesis in maize in response to different light qualities and cytokinin...
- c-Myb immunoreactivity, protein and mRNA levels significantly increase in the aged hippocampus proper in gerbilsIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon, South Korea
Neurochem Res 32:1091-7. 2007b>Myb genes are a family of transcription factors and have been implicated in the control of the proliferation and differentiation of normal and transformed cells. c-Myb is the best characterized member of the myb family...
- Evidence for higher-order structure formation by the c-myb 18-mer phosphorothioate antisense (codons 2-7) oligodeoxynucleotide: potential relationship to antisense c-myb inhibitionM Vilenchik
Department of Pharmacology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev 11:87-97. 2001..The 18-mer c-myb molecule can, therefore, form highly complex structures, whose analysis in solution cannot be limited to examination of slab gel electrophoresis results alone...
- Myeloblastin is an Myb target gene: mechanisms of regulation in myeloid leukemia cells growth-arrested by retinoic acidP G Lutz
Unité INSERM U417, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Blood 97:2449-56. 2001..This link between Myb and myeloblastin suggests a previously nonidentified Myb pathway through which growth arrest is induced by retinoic acid in myeloid leukemia cells...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 5 in neuroblastoma cells is regulated at the transcriptional level by c-Myb and B-Myb via direct and indirect mechanismsBarbara Tanno
Ente Nuove Tecnologie Energia Ambiente ENEA, Section of Toxicology and Biomedical Sciences, Via Anguillarese 301, 00060 S Maria di Galeria, Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:23172-80. 2002..Finally, IGFBP-5 was able to modulate proliferation of NB cells in a manner dependent on its concentration and on the presence of IGFs...
- Hematopoietic cells in cultures of the murine embryonic aorta-gonad-mesonephros region are induced by c-MybY S Mukouyama
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences The University of Tokyo 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0032, Japan
Curr Biol 9:833-6. 1999..2 (Iymphoid markers), and Ter119 (an erythroid marker). Thus, c-Myb plays a role in the generation of hematopoietic cells in the embryonic P-Sp and AGM regions...
- Neuromedin U: a Myb-regulated autocrine growth factor for human myeloid leukemiasSusan E Shetzline
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 104:1833-40. 2004..Combined, these results suggest that NmU expression is related to Myb and that the NmU/NMU1R axis constitutes a previously unknown growth-promoting autocrine loop in myeloid leukemia cells...
- Identification of a c-myb attenuator-binding factorJeffrey M Perkel
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Room 456, BRB 11 111, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Leuk Res 26:179-90. 2002..We hypothesize that this factor may represent a member of the transcriptional attenuation complex...
- Melanocyte fate in neural crest is triggered by Myb proteins through activation of c-kitV Karafiat
Department of Molecular Virology, Institute of Molecular Genetics, AS CR v v i, Videnska 1083, Prague 4, 14220, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2975-84. 2007....
- Mutations in Drosophila myb lead to centrosome amplification and genomic instabilitySiau Min Fung
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
Development 129:347-59. 2002..These data demonstrate that in abdominal epidermal cells, Dm myb is required to sustain the appropriate rate of proliferation, to suppress formation of supernumerary centrosomes, and to maintain genomic integrity...
- Alternative RNA splicing produces multiple forms of c-Myb with unique transcriptional activitiesJOHN P O'ROURKE
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, MSC08 4660, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2091-101. 2008..Enhanced alternative splicing may be a mechanism for unmasking the transforming activity of c-myb in human leukemias...
- A novel myb oncogene homologue in Arabidopsis thaliana related to hypersensitive cell deathX Daniel
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire des Relations Plantes Microrganismes, UMR CNRS INRA 215, BP 27, 31326 Castanet Tolosan Cedex, France
Plant J 20:57-66. 1999..Our results further indicate that the lsd mutants constitute an appropriate genetic model for studying the role of this gene in hypersensitive cell death, and their relation to different steps of the pathway(s) leading to cell death...
- Estrogen and MYB in breast cancer: potential for new therapiesThomas J Gonda
Professorial Research Fellow, Deputy Director and Head Cancer Biology Program, University of Queensland Diamantina Institute for Cancer, Immunology and Metabolic Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Expert Opin Biol Ther 8:713-7. 2008..Here we discuss the rationale for therapeutic targeting of MYB in breast cancer and consider a number of approaches to developing an anti-MYB therapeutic...
- Specific protein redirection as a transcriptional therapy approach for t(8;21) leukemiaBjörn Steffen
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology, University of Munster, 48129 Munster, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8448-53. 2003..Taken together, this study demonstrates that redirection of oncogenic proteins can be used as a strategy to dramatically influence their cellular effects, with the ultimate goal to design highly specific therapies for cancer...
- Progression through key stages of haemopoiesis is dependent on distinct threshold levels of c-MybNikla Emambokus
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
EMBO J 22:4478-88. 2003..Overall, our results point to a complex involvement of c-Myb in the regulation of proliferation and commitment within the haemopoietic hierarchy...
- Comparative structural and functional characterization of sorghum and maize duplications containing orthologous myb transcription regulators of 3-deoxyflavonoid biosynthesisJayanand Boddu
Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, PA 16802, USA
Plant Mol Biol 60:185-99. 2006..Phylogenetic analysis indicates that sorghum y1 and y2 sequences may have arisen by gene duplication mechanisms and represent an evolutionarily parallel event to the duplication of maize p2 and p1 genes...
- Transcriptional regulation of secondary growth in Arabidopsis thalianaSookyung Oh
Department of Forestry, 126 Natural Resources, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Exp Bot 54:2709-22. 2003..The findings described in this report should add new information that can lead to a greater understanding of the secondary xylem formation process...
- Maize rough sheath2 and its Arabidopsis orthologue ASYMMETRIC LEAVES1 interact with HIRA, a predicted histone chaperone, to maintain knox gene silencing and determinacy during organogenesisTara L Phelps-Durr
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Plant Cell 17:2886-98. 2005..Components of this process are conserved in animals, suggesting the possibility that a similar epigenetic mechanism maintains determinacy during both plant and animal development...
- B-MYB, a transcription factor implicated in regulating cell cycle, apoptosis and cancerArturo Sala
Molecular Haematology and Cancer Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, WC1N 1EH London, UK
Eur J Cancer 41:2479-84. 2005..Here, we discuss how B-MYB could be implicated in tumourigenesis by regulating gene expression...
- c-myb Heterozygous mice are hypersensitive to 5-fluorouracil and ionizing radiationRobert G Ramsay
Differentiation and Transcription Laboratory, Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne 8006, Australia
Mol Cancer Res 2:354-61. 2004..Extrapolating from these data, we speculate that acute responses to cytotoxic damage in some patients may also be attributed to compromised c-myb function...
- Requirement of c-myb in T cell development and in mature T cell functionYen K Lieu
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14853-8. 2004..In addition, our data show that c-myb is directly involved in the formation of double-positive CD4+CD8+CD25+, CD4+CD25+, and CD8+CD25+ T cells, developmental processes that may imply a role for c-myb in autoimmune dysfunction...
- Activation of HLXB9 by juxtaposition with MYB via formation of t(6;7)(q23;q36) in an AML-M4 cell line (GDM-1)Stefan Nagel
DSMZ German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Department of Human and Animal Cell Cultures, Braunschweig, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:170-8. 2005..Our data identified a cell line model for a novel leukemic translocation involving MYB with HLXB9, further implicating HLXB9 in leukemogenesis...
- GATA-1 and c-myb crosstalk during red blood cell differentiation through GATA-1 binding sites in the c-myb promoterPetr Bartunek
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Oncogene 22:1927-35. 2003..Thus, our study provides evidence for a direct molecular link between GATA-1 activity and c-myb proto-oncogene expression during terminal red cell differentiation...
- Targeting c-Myb expression in human diseaseRobert G Ramsay
Differentiation and Transcription Group, Trescowthick Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, Victoria, Australia
Expert Opin Ther Targets 7:235-48. 2003..This review will explore the future strategic use of ODNs in vivo, focusing on a wide spectrum of diseases, including several beyond the haematopoietic malignancies, in which c-Myb appears to play a role...
- B-MYB is essential for normal cell cycle progression and chromosomal stability of embryonic stem cellsKirill V Tarasov
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2478. 2008..This lethal phenotype has generally been attributed to a proliferation defect in the cell cycle phase of G1...
- Comprehensive analysis of single-repeat R3 MYB proteins in epidermal cell patterning and their transcriptional regulation in ArabidopsisShucai Wang
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 8:81. 2008..In addition, the transcriptional regulation of these single-repeat R3 MYB genes remains largely unknown.
- A truncated MYB transcription factor from Antirrhinum majus regulates epidermal cell outgrowthFelix W Jaffe
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA, UK
J Exp Bot 58:1515-24. 2007Plant MYB genes can be divided into subgroups on the basis of additional conserved regions of sequence. In some cases, genes within a subgroup share similarities in function, as well as sequence...
- Targeted disruption of c-myb in the chicken pre B-cell line DT40Hartmut Appl
Institut fur Biochemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Wilhelm Klemm Str 2, D 48143 Munster, Germany
Oncogene 21:3076-81. 2002..The c-myb knock-out cells described here should provide a useful model system for the identification and characterization of c-myb target genes in B-lymphoid cells...
- White grapes arose through the mutation of two similar and adjacent regulatory genesAmanda R Walker
CSIRO Plant Industry, Adelaide Laboratory, PO Box 350, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
Plant J 49:772-85. 2007..We conclude that rare mutational events occurring in two adjacent genes were essential for the genesis of the white grapes used to produce the white wines and white table grapes we enjoy today...
- Dictyostelium Myb transcription factors function at culmination as activators of ancillary stalk differentiationMasatsune Tsujioka
University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Eukaryot Cell 6:568-70. 2007..A Myb site within the mrrA promoter is necessary for expression in both cups. Thus, multiple Myb proteins are required for ancillary stalk differentiation...
- Elicitor-induced down-regulation of cell cycle-related genes in tobacco cellsKaoru Suzuki
Molecular and Cellular Breeding Research Group, Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 6, 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Plant Cell Environ 29:183-91. 2006..Finally, we discuss a negative cross-talk between signal transduction pathways for growth and defence responses, which might be important for adaptation to environmental stress by potential pathogens...
- A subgroup of MYB transcription factor genes undergoes highly conserved alternative splicing in Arabidopsis and riceJigang Li
Peking Yale Joint Center for Plant Molecular Genetics and Agro Biotechnology, National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, PR China
J Exp Bot 57:1263-73. 2006..Two Arabidopsis R2R3-type MYB genes, AtMYB59 and AtMYB48, were found to undergo similar alternative splicing...
- [Inhibitory effect of cationic liposome-mediated antisense c-myb oligonucleotide on the growth of glioma]Dongdong Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, People s Hospital of Sichuan Province, Chengdu 610072, China
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 33:19-22. 2002..To aim at demonstrating whether cationic liposome-mediated antisense c-myb oligonucleotide(LipoAON) can inhibit the growth of C6 glioma by intravenous injection...
- c-Myb regulates the proliferation of immature thymocytes following beta-selectionR Pearson
CRC Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
EMBO J 19:6112-20. 2000..Super activation of c-Myb by Pim1 may therefore be required for beta-selection...
- Transformation by v-MybJ S Lipsick
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5324, USA
Oncogene 18:3047-55. 1999..The E26 leukemia virus was first described in the 1960s and causes an acute erythroblastosis in chickens, more reminiscent of the disease caused by avian erythroblastosis virus (AEV) than by AMV (Ivanov et al., 1962)...
- Modulation of c-Myb-induced transcription activation by a phosphorylation site near the negative regulatory domainN Aziz
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6429-33. 1995..These findings suggest that phosphorylation serves to regulate c-Myb activity and that loss of this phosphorylation site from the v-Myb proteins may contribute to their transforming potential...
- Identification of candidate genes affecting Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol biosynthesis in Cannabis sativaM David Marks
Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Exp Bot 60:3715-26. 2009..qPCR analysis supported the de novo pathway. Many of the ESTs encode transcription factors and two putative MYB genes were identified that were preferentially expressed in glands...
- v-myb transformation of Xeroderma pigmentosum human fibroblasts: overexpression of the c-Ha-ras oncogene in the transformed cellsS Michelin
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de Recherches Scientifiques sur le Cancer, Villejuif, France
Exp Cell Res 196:314-22. 1991..1 G). Our results lead to the conclusion that the XP fibroblasts are phenotypically transformed by the presence of the transfected v-myb oncogene, which is able to induce an overexpression of the c-Ha-ras gene...
- Independent regulation of c-myc, B-myb, and c-myb gene expression by inducers and inhibitors of proliferation in human B lymphocytesJ Golay
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Immunol 149:300-8. 1992..We have set out to study the regulation of the expression of these two myb genes and of that of c-myc in relation to entry into the different phases of the cell cycle during mitogenic ..
- The intron 6 G/T polymorphism of c-myb oncogene and the risk for coronary in-stent restenosisC Michael Gross
HELIOS Clinic Berlin, Franz Volhard Clinic at Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Medical Faculty of the Charité Humboldt University, Wiltberg Strasse 50, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 99:309-14. 2004..C-myb expression has been further shown to be up-regulated during cell proliferation. The development of in-stent restenosis is predominantly driven by smooth muscle cell proliferation...
- Isolation of WDR and bHLH genes related to flavonoid synthesis in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.)J T Matus
Facultad de Agronomía e Ingeniería Forestal, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Av Vicuña Mackenna 4560, Santiago, Chile
Plant Mol Biol 72:607-20. 2010..Among these, only MYB genes have been previously identified in grapes...
- Two components of the Myb complex, DMyb and Mip130, are specifically associated with euchromatin and degraded during prometaphase throughout developmentGeorge S Scaria
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 900 South Ashland Avenue, 2370 MBRB, Chicago IL 60607 7170, USA
Mech Dev 125:646-61. 2008..Unlike the mRNAs produced by mammalian myb genes, Drosophila myb transcripts do not fluctuate substantially during the cell cycle...
- Protein truncation is required for the activation of the c-myb proto-oncogeneF A Grasser
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Abteilung Virologie, Universitatskliniken des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 11:3987-96. 1991..These results suggest that various alterations of c-Myb itself may determine the lineage of differentiating hematopoietic cells...
- Isolation of a regulatory gene of anthocyanin biosynthesis in tuberous roots of purple-fleshed sweet potatoHironori Mano
Plant Genome Center, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Plant Physiol 143:1252-68. 2007..We isolated the novel MYB genes IbMYB1 and IbMYB2s from purple-fleshed sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L. Lam. cv Ayamurasaki)...
- Recently duplicated maize R2R3 Myb genes provide evidence for distinct mechanisms of evolutionary divergence after duplicationAnusha P Dias
Plant Genetics Research and Plant Science Units, United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Plant Physiol 131:610-20. 2003R2R3 Myb genes are widely distributed in the higher plants and comprise one of the largest known families of regulatory proteins...
- Extension of the DNA binding consensus of the chicken c-Myb and v-Myb proteinsK Weston
Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 20:3043-9. 1992..The results show that the original consensus binding site defined for v-Myb, YAA-CKG, can be extended to YAACKGHH, and that this new consensus holds for both v-Myb and chicken c-Myb...
- Deregulated c-myb disrupts interleukin-6- or leukemia inhibitory factor-induced myeloid differentiation prior to c-myc: role in leukemogenesisM Selvakumaran
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6059
Mol Cell Biol 12:2493-500. 1992The c-myb proto-oncogene is abundantly expressed in tissues of hematopoietic origin, and changes in endogenous c-myb genes have been implicated in both human and murine hematopoietic tumors...
- Blind homologous R2R3 Myb genes control the pattern of lateral meristem initiation in ArabidopsisDorte Muller
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, D 50829 Cologne, Germany
Plant Cell 18:586-97. 2006..describes the genetic control of axillary meristem formation in Arabidopsis thaliana by a group of three R2R3 Myb genes, which are homologous to the tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) Blind gene and were designated REGULATORS OF AXILLARY ..
- [Cloning and expression analysis of drought-tolerant and wa-ter-saving related gene PmMYB in broomcorn millet]Yin Gang Hu
Agronomy College of Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Yi Chuan 30:373-9. 2008..The multiple alignment of R2, R3 amino acid repeat regions of MYB genes among broomcorn millet, rice, corn, loblolly pine, Arabidopsis, capsicum, upland cotton, barley and aubergine ..
- c-MYB oncogene-like genes encoding three MYB repeats occur in all major plant lineagesH Kranz
Max Planck Institut fur Zuchtungsforschung, Abteilung Biochemie, Koln, Germany
Plant J 21:231-5. 2000..Animal c-MYB genes contain three such helix-turn-helix motif-encoding repeats (R1R2R3 class genes)...
- Transformation by v-myb correlates with trans-activation of gene expressionT Lane
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Mol Cell Biol 10:2591-8. 1990....
- Identification of genes differentially expressed in two types of v-myb-transformed avian myelomonocytic cellsT Nakano
Differentiation Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 7:527-34. 1992..Co-transfection experiments of a reporter construct containing the promoter of the ribonuclease A-related gene indicated that this promoter is regulated by the v-Myb oncoprotein without the involvement of Myb-specific binding sequences...
- v-Myb represses the transcription of Ets-2D M Wang
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Oncogene 26:1238-44. 2007..In addition, we have shown that some genes that are regulated by a v-Myb-ER fusion protein may not be relevant to the biological function of the unfused v-Myb protein...
- Involvement of Pinus taeda MYB1 and MYB8 in phenylpropanoid metabolism and secondary cell wall biogenesis: a comparative in planta analysisClaude Bomal
Centre d Etude de Forêt, Universite Laval, Quebec QC, Canada G1V 0A6
J Exp Bot 59:3925-39. 2008The involvement of two R2R3-MYB genes from Pinus taeda L., PtMYB1 and PtMYB8, in phenylpropanoid metabolism and secondary cell wall biogenesis was investigated in planta...
- Characterization of the v-myb DNA binding domainT Oehler
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie, Universitat Heidelberg, FRG
Nucleic Acids Res 18:1703-10. 1990..Our results support the view that specific sequence-recognition, mediated by the conserved myb repeats, is a general feature of myb-related proteins...
- Expression analysis of anthocyanin regulatory genes in response to different light qualities in Arabidopsis thalianaEleonora Cominelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria, 26, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Plant Physiol 165:886-94. 2008..Our experiments showed strong light induction of the MYB genes PAP1 and PAP2...
- p38MAPK delta controls c-Myb degradation in response to stressElisabetta Pani
Institute of Molecular Cancer Research, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Blood Cells Mol Dis 40:388-94. 2008..Particularly, mutation of Thr(354), Thr(486), Ser(556) and Thr(572) to Alanine conferred resistance to stress-induced degradation. The implications of c-Myb downregulation during inflammatory responses are discussed...
- A spontaneous internal deletion of the c-myb protooncogene enhances transcriptional activation in bovine T lymphoma cellsN Ishiguro
Department of Veterinary Public Health, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:26822-9. 1994..been established from bovine lymphosarcomas, were examined for expression and molecular function of bovine c-myb genes. BTL-PC3 expressed 4.0- and 3.6-kilobase c-myb transcripts, and BLT2 and Pr2181 expressed a 3...
- Expression of alpha4-integrin defines the earliest precursor of hematopoietic cell lineage diverged from endothelial cellsM Ogawa
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 93:1168-77. 1999..Reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction analyses showed that differential expression of the Gata2 and Myb genes correlated with the potential of the alpha4-integrin+ cells to give rise to hematopoietic cell differentiation...
- Protein truncation is not required for c-myb proto-oncogene activity in neuroretina cellsC Garrido
CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Virol 66:6773-6. 1992..We conclude that, in contrast to what has been described for hematopoietic cells, overexpression of c-Myb is sufficient to activate gene expression and to induce an abnormal behavior of CNR cells...
- Analysis of the grape MYB R2R3 subfamily reveals expanded wine quality-related clades and conserved gene structure organization across Vitis and Arabidopsis genomesJosé Tomás Matus
Departamento de Fruticultura y Enología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Av Vicuña Mackenna 4560, Santiago, Chile
BMC Plant Biol 8:83. 2008..In addition, previous analysis of the recently released grape genome sequence suggested expansion events of several gene families involved in wine quality...
- Mutations in v-myb alter the differentiation of myelomonocytic cells transformed by the oncogeneM Introna
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 63:1289-97. 1990..These results indicate that different forms of v-myb impose alternate phenotypes of differentiation on transformed myeloid cells, probably by regulating unique sets of differentiation-specific genes...
- A small subfamily of Arabidopsis RADIALIS-LIKE SANT/MYB genes: a link to HOOKLESS1-mediated signal transduction during early morphogenesisAya Hamaguchi
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, School of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2687-96. 2008..These results are discussed in the context of the possibility that RSM1 is implicated in HLS1-mediated auxin signaling, which is responsible for regulation of the early photomorphogenesis of Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Differential regulation of closely related R2R3-MYB transcription factors controls flavonol accumulation in different parts of the Arabidopsis thaliana seedlingRalf Stracke
Department of Biology, Genome Research, Bielefeld University, D 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
Plant J 50:660-77. 2007..Seedlings of the triple mutant myb11 myb12 myb111, which genetically lack a complete subgroup of R2R3-MYB genes, do not form flavonols while the accumulation of anthocyanins is not affected...
- Transcriptional activation by human c-myb and v-myb genesF Kalkbrenner
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Abt Schuster, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
Oncogene 5:657-61. 1990....
- Expression of the c-myb proto-oncogene in bovine vascular smooth muscle cellsK E Brown
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 267:4625-30. 1992..a bovine SMC library, was partially sequenced and found to be 89 and 85% homologous to the human and murine c-myb genes, respectively...
- A genome-wide association identified the common genetic variants influence disease severity in beta0-thalassemia/hemoglobin EManit Nuinoon
Thalassemia Research Center, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Mahidol University, Phutthamonthon, Nakhonpathom 73170, Thailand
Hum Genet 127:303-14. 2010..74-6.84)]. The second was identified in the intergenic region between the HBS1L and MYB genes (chr.6q23), among which rs9376092 was the most significant [P = 2.36 9 10(-10), OR = 3.07 (95% CI, 2.16-4.38)]...
- Transformation of myelomonocytic cells by the avian myeloblastosis virus is determined by the v-myb oncogene, not by the unique long terminal repeats of the virusU Engelke
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5324
J Virol 68:2752-5. 1994..We demonstrate that the substitution of the AMV LTRs by Rous sarcoma virus LTRs did not alter the cell type specificity or the transforming ability of the virus...
- The homeobox gene GBX2, a target of the myb oncogene, mediates autocrine growth and monocyte differentiationE Kowenz-Leutz
Max Delbrück Centrum for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Cell 91:185-95. 1997..Our results suggest that Myb or factors it interacts with contribute to hematopoietic lineage choice and differentiation in a signal transduction-dependent fashion...
- DNA-binding activity associated with the v-myb oncogene product is not sufficient for transformationC E Ibanez
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0612
J Virol 62:4398-402. 1988..This activity is not required for the nuclear localization of p48v-myb. Furthermore, the associated DNA-binding activity and nuclear localization of p48v-myb together are not sufficient for transformation...
- A proteomic analysis of protein variations during differentiation of v-myb-transformed monoblastsEva Ondrousková
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, ILBIT, Pavilon A3, Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Leuk Res 31:221-9. 2007..We present here the first comparative proteome analysis of v-myb-transformed monoblasts BM2 focused on identification of proteins involved in their terminal differentiation...
- Presence of regulatory sequences within intron 4 of human and murine c-myb genesT Seib
Human Genetics Department, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1219:285-92. 1994..We have characterized the fourth of ten introns from both human and murine c-myb genes in regard to nucleotide sequence and specific protein binding...
- Genetic analysis and fine mapping of a dynamic rolled leaf gene, RL10(t), in rice (Oryza sativa L.)Zengke Luo
Rice Research Institute, Key Laboratory of Biotechnology and Crop Quality Improvement, Ministry of Agriculture, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, People s Republic of China
Genome 50:811-7. 2007..This study enables further investigation of whether KANADI-like Myb genes are involved in leaf polarity modeling in monocots, as they are in dicots.
- Structure and mechanism of activation of the myb oncogeneD Rosson
Department of Molecular Oncology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Gene Amplif Anal 4:99-108. 1986..The availability of chicken and mouse c-myb cDNA clones makes it possible to test this hypothesis directly by construction of retroviruses containing various deletion mutations...
- Evolutionary dynamics of the DNA-binding domains in putative R2R3-MYB genes identified from rice subspecies indica and japonica genomesLi Jia
Department of Biological Sciences, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas 67260, USA
Plant Physiol 134:575-85. 2004..We have performed a range of comparative and bioinformatics analyses on R2R3-MYB genes identified from the rice (Oryza sativa subsp. japonica and indica) and Arabidopsis genome sequences...
- Specific amino acid substitutions are not required for transformation by v-myb of avian myeloblastosis virusU Stober-Grässer
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Virol 62:1093-6. 1988..We demonstrated that the 11 specific amino acid substitutions found in two independent molecular clones of this virus were not required for the transformation of myeloblasts by v-myb...
- Biology of the Myb-MuvB Oncoprotein Tumor Suppressor Protein ComplexJOSEPH STEVEN LIPSICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..these studies because it has only one Myb gene, whereas vertebrate animals including humans have three related Myb genes. In particular, the human B-Myb gene that is associated with poor prognosis in human breast cancer is ..
- PROTO-ONCOGENES AND CELL CYCLE REGULATION IN DROSOPHILAAlisa Katzen; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. leukemia, breast cancer, colon carcinoma). myb genes encode DNA-binding proteins that regulate transcription, but the signal transduction pathway(s) in which myb ..
- ROLE OF PROTO-ONCOGENES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF C. ELEGANSMario Capecchi; Fiscal Year: 1990..Using viral oncogenes as probes we have isolated and characterized homologs of the vertebrate c-abl, c-src and c-myb genes. We are in the process of characterizing candidates for the c-erbB gene...
- TRANSFORMATION BY THE MYB ONCOGENEJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF MYB ONCOGENE IN NEURONAL CELLSRichard Press; Fiscal Year: 1993..The productive nature of the entire lab environment will serve as an excellent role model upon which to base my plans for an academic career as an independent biomedical scientist...
- PROTO-ONCOGENES AND CELL CYCLE REGULATION IN DROSOPHILAAlisa Katzen; Fiscal Year: 2006..g. leukemia, breast cancer, colon carcinoma). Myb genes encode DNA-binding proteins that regulate transcription, but the signal transduction pathway(s) in which Myb ..
- VIRUS INDUCED MYELOID LEUKEMIADavid Boettiger; Fiscal Year: 1990..The stem cells for reconstitution will be manipulated using both sense and anti-sense myb constructs. The experiments will allow the effects on both the myeloid and lymphoid lineages to be examined...
- BIOSYNTHESIS IN NORMAL AND VIRUS TRANSFORMED CELLSFred Valentine; Fiscal Year: 1990..7. The role of RNA helix destabilizing proteins in the process of transcription of eukaryotic genes...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS--ACTIVATING MYELOID-B ONCOGENEE Reddy; Fiscal Year: 1990..We propose to study the mechanism of activation of chicken and mouse c-myb genes by constructing retroviral expression vectors containing the entire c-myb genes or a c-myb gene with specific ..
- MYB GENE FAMILY AND BREAST CANCERE Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Two lines of evidence implicate a role for myb gene family in breast development and cancer; (1) c-myb and A-myb genes are highly expressed in many breast tumors; and (2) their studies with A-myb null mutant mice revealed a ..
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF C-MYB IN LEUKEMIASLINDA BOXER; Fiscal Year: 2000..With this information they hope to discover how c-myb expression is deregulated in leukemias and to begin to understand how this contributes to malignant transformation. ..
- ONCOGENIC ACTIVATION OF MYB FAMILY PROTEINSJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to develop a cell culture assay for transformation by this activated form of c-Myb and to investigate its biochemical and biological properties. ..
- Gene Regulation by Myb ProteinsJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Function of the Drosophila Myb Proto-OncogeneJoseph Lipsick; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF THE CD4 SILENCERGerald Siu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Using these approaches, the investigator will determine the role of SAF in the TCR-mediated positive and negative selection processes that drive T cell development. ..
- Genetic Studies of CD4 Expression During ThymopoiesisGerald Siu; Fiscal Year: 2002..In this manner we will hopefully be able to determine how these factors receive their signals to function during T cell development. ..
- HIV as a key regulator of c-MYB in human cellsRobert Ramsay; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize that Tat activates c-MYB in macrophages and that a thorough understanding of this process will advance our goal of blocking HIV transcription. ..