Genomes and Genes
Summary: In bacteria, a group of metabolically related genes, with a common PROMOTER, whose transcription into a single polycistronic MESSENGER RNA is under the control of an OPERATOR REGION.
Publications229 found, 100 shown here
- Prokaryotic transcriptomics: a new view on regulation, physiology and pathogenicityRotem Sorek
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Nat Rev Genet 11:9-16. 2010..Deep RNA sequencing and tiling array studies are now revolutionizing our understanding of the complexity, plasticity and regulation of microbial transcriptomes...
- DOOR: a database for prokaryotic operonsFenglou Mao
Computational Systems Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:D459-63. 2009..All the operons in DOOR are predicted using our own prediction program, which was ranked to be the best among 14 operon prediction programs by a recent independent review...
- Tight regulation, modulation, and high-level expression by vectors containing the arabinose PBAD promoterL M Guzman
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Bacteriol 177:4121-30. 1995..have constructed a series of plasmid vectors (pBAD vectors) containing the PBAD promoter of the araBAD (arabinose) operon and the gene encoding the positive and negative regulator of this promoter, araC...
- Comprehensive comparative-genomic analysis of type 2 toxin-antitoxin systems and related mobile stress response systems in prokaryotesKira S Makarova
National Center for Biotechnology Information, NLM, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20894, USA
Biol Direct 4:19. 2009....
- The dhb operon of Bacillus subtilis encodes the biosynthetic template for the catecholic siderophore 2,3-dihydroxybenzoate-glycine-threonine trimeric ester bacillibactinJ J May
Department of Chemistry, Philipps Universitat Marburg, D 35032 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:7209-17. 2001..Comparative mass spectrometric analysis of culture extracts from both the wild type and the dhbF mutant led to the identification of a mass peak at m/z 881 ([M-H](1-)) that corresponds to a cyclic trimeric ester of DHB-glycine-threonine...
- Identification of psl, a locus encoding a potential exopolysaccharide that is essential for Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 biofilm formationKara D Jackson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1064, USA
J Bacteriol 186:4466-75. 2004..Understanding psl-encoded exopolysaccharide expression and protection in biofilms will provide insight into the pathogenesis of P. aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis and other infections involving biofilms...
- OperonDB: a comprehensive database of predicted operons in microbial genomesMihaela Pertea
Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:D479-82. 2009..OperonDB, first released in 2001, is a database containing the results of a computational algorithm for locating operon structures in microbial genomes...
- Regulation of Streptococcus pneumoniae clp genes and their role in competence development and stress survivalA Chastanet
, Institut Pasteur, URA 2172 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Bacteriol 183:7295-307. 2001..Streptococcus pneumoniae chromosomal DNA was used to isolate regulatory mutants affecting expression of the comCDE operon, encoding the peptide quorum-sensing two-component signal transduction system controlling competence development...
- Conserved residues Asp16 and Pro24 of TnaC-tRNAPro participate in tryptophan induction of Tna operon expressionLuis R Cruz-Vera
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Bacteriol 190:4791-7. 2008..inhibition delays ribosome release, thereby inhibiting Rho factor binding and action, resulting in increased tna operon transcription...
- Assessment of three Resistance-Nodulation-Cell Division drug efflux transporters of Burkholderia cenocepacia in intrinsic antibiotic resistanceSilvia Buroni
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
BMC Microbiol 9:200. 2009..cenocepacia J2315, but the contribution of these pumps to the intrinsic drug resistance of this bacterium remains unclear...
- The presence of the glycolysis operon in SAR11 genomes is positively correlated with ocean productivityM S Schwalbach
Oregon State University, Department of Microbiology, 220 Nash Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Environ Microbiol 12:490-500. 2010..Subsequent microarray analysis of a coastal isolate suggested that an operon encoding a variant of the Entner-Doudoroff pathway is likely responsible for the observed differences in glucose ..
- Analysis of Pseudomonas aeruginosa conditional psl variants reveals roles for the psl polysaccharide in adhesion and maintaining biofilm structure postattachmentLuyan Ma
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Bacteriol 188:8213-21. 2006..The 15-gene psl operon encodes a putative polysaccharide that plays an important role in biofilm initiation in nonmucoid P...
- Salt stress in Desulfovibrio vulgaris Hildenborough: an integrated genomics approachAindrila Mukhopadhyay
Virtual Institute of Microbial Stress and Survival, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Bacteriol 188:4068-78. 2006..vulgaris responded similarly to the two stresses. Integration of data from multiple methods allowed us to develop a conceptual model for the salt stress response in D. vulgaris that can be compared to those in other microorganisms...
- Multiple stress signal integration in the regulation of the complex sigma S-dependent csiD-ygaF-gabDTP operon in Escherichia coliMartin Metzner
Institut fur Biologie, Mikrobiologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Mol Microbiol 51:799-811. 2004..We find that this region constitutes a complex operon with expression being controlled by three differentially regulated promoters: (i) csiDp, which affects the ..
- Operon structure of Staphylococcus aureusNicole J P ten Broeke-Smits
Medical Microbiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3263-74. 2010..Operons play a key role in regulating expression of diverse genes involved in metabolism and virulence. However, operon structures in pathogenic bacteria have been determined only by in silico approaches that are dependent on factors ..
- A major protein component of the Bacillus subtilis biofilm matrixSteven S Branda
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Microbiol 59:1229-38. 2006..Having defined the major components of the biofilm matrix and the control of their synthesis by the global regulator SinR, we present a working model for how B. subtilis switches between nomadic and sedentary lifestyles...
- A matter of life and death: cell wall homeostasis and the WalKR (YycGF) essential signal transduction pathwaySarah Dubrac
Biology of Gram Positive Pathogens, CNRS URA 2172, Department of Microbiology, Institut Pasteur, 25, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 70:1307-22. 2008..in different bacterial species, focusing on the function of genes in its regulon, as well as variations in walRK operon structure and the composition of its regulon...
- The relBE2Spn toxin-antitoxin system of Streptococcus pneumoniae: role in antibiotic tolerance and functional conservation in clinical isolatesConcha Nieto
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e11289. 2010..We conclude that even though the relBE2Spn TAS is not essential for pneumococcus, it may provide additional advantages to the bacteria for colonization and/or infection...
- Involvement of the mpo operon in resistance to class IIa bacteriocins in Listeria monocytogenesSafia Arous
MFA, Laboratoire de Chimie de l'Ean et de l'Environnement, UMR CNRA 6008, , 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 238:37-41. 2004..to class IIa bacteriocins in Listeria monocytogenes has been clearly linked to lack of expression of the mptACD operon, encoding the EIIt Man mannose PTS permease...
- Improved genome assembly and evidence-based global gene model set for the chordate Ciona intestinalis: new insight into intron and operon populationsYutaka Satou
Department of Zoology, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Kyoto, Japan
Genome Biol 9:R152. 2008....
- Aerobic regulation of cytochrome d oxidase (cydAB) operon expression in Escherichia coli: roles of Fnr and ArcA in repression and activationP A Cotter
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics and the Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1489, USA
Mol Microbiol 25:605-15. 1997The cydAB operon of Escherichia coli encodes the cytochrome d oxidase complex, one of two aerobic terminal oxidases that catalyses the oxidation of ubiquinol-8 and the reduction of oxygen to water...
- Bacterial toxin-antitoxin systems: more than selfish entities?Laurence Van Melderen
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie Bactérienne, IBMM, Faculte des Sciences, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Gosselies, Belgium
PLoS Genet 5:e1000437. 2009..This Review discusses current hypotheses regarding the biological roles of these evolutionarily successful small operons. We consider the various selective forces that could drive the maintenance of TA systems in bacterial genomes...
- Escherichia coli gene purR encoding a repressor protein for purine nucleotide synthesis. Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and interaction with the purF operatorR J Rolfes
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
J Biol Chem 263:19653-61. 1988..These four repressors are likely homologous. Amino acid sequence similarity is greatest in an amino-terminal region presumed to contain a DNA-binding domain. A similarity is also noted in the operator sites for these repressors...
- Role of mexA-mexB-oprM in antibiotic efflux in Pseudomonas aeruginosaX Z Li
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 39:1948-53. 1995We have earlier described mexA-mexB-oprK, an operon involved in pyoverdine export in Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and suggested that the products of these genes also contribute to the active efflux of several antibiotics (K. Poole, K...
- The complete genome sequence of Escherichia coli K-12F R Blattner
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison, 445 Henry Mall, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Science 277:1453-62. 1997..The genome also contains insertion sequence (IS) elements, phage remnants, and many other patches of unusual composition indicating genome plasticity through horizontal transfer...
- Transcriptome analysis of the responses of Staphylococcus aureus to antimicrobial peptides and characterization of the roles of vraDE and vraSR in antimicrobial resistanceMilla Pietiäinen
Antimicrobial Resistance Unit, Department of Infectious Disease Surveillance and Control, National Institute for Health and Welfare THL, PL 30, 00271 Helsinki, Finland
BMC Genomics 10:429. 2009..Three antimicrobial peptides were used in the analysis, two are derived from frog, temporin L and dermaseptin K4-S4(1-16), and the ovispirin-1 is obtained from sheep...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa uses a cyclic-di-GMP-regulated adhesin to reinforce the biofilm extracellular matrixBradley R Borlee
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Box 357242, Seattle, WA 98195 7242, USA
Mol Microbiol 75:827-42. 2010..The cdrA gene is in a two gene operon that also encodes a putative outer membrane transporter, CdrB...
- 50 million years of genomic stasis in endosymbiotic bacteriaIvica Tamas
Department of Molecular Evolution, Evolutionary Biology Center, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Science 296:2376-9. 2002..The genomic stasis of B. aphidicola, likely attributable to the loss of phages, repeated sequences, and recA, indicates that B. aphidicola is no longer a source of ecological innovation for its hosts...
- Large-scale mapping and validation of Escherichia coli transcriptional regulation from a compendium of expression profilesJeremiah J Faith
Bioinformatics Program, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Biol 5:e8. 2007..The compendium of expression data compiled in this study, coupled with RegulonDB, provides a valuable model system for further improvement of network inference algorithms using experimental data...
- Mammalian cell-entry proteins encoded by the mce3 operon of Mycobacterium tuberculosis are expressed during natural infection in humansS Ahmad
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Scand J Immunol 60:382-91. 2004The mammalian cell-entry (mce)3 operon is one of four homologous mce operons on Mycobacterium tuberculosis genome that encodes six putative invasin/ adhesin-like proteins (Mce3A-F) possibly involved in the entry and survival of this ..
- Regulation of the tryptophan biosynthetic genes in Bacillus halodurans: common elements but different strategies than those used by Bacillus subtilisReka Szigeti
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14260, USA
J Bacteriol 186:818-28. 2004..halodurans than in B. subtilis. Examination of the control of the B. halodurans trpEDCFBA operon both in vivo and in vitro shows that only transcription is regulated, whereas in B...
- The SmtB/ArsR family of metalloregulatory transcriptional repressors: Structural insights into prokaryotic metal resistanceLaura S Busenlehner
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Center for Advanced Biomolecular Research, 2128 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2128, USA
FEMS Microbiol Rev 27:131-43. 2003..We hypothesize that distinct allosteric pathways for metal sensing have co-evolved with metal specificities of distinct alpha3N and alpha5 coordination complexes...
- Phosphorylation of either crh or HPr mediates binding of CcpA to the bacillus subtilis xyn cre and catabolite repression of the xyn operonA Galinier
, CNRS UPR 412, Lyon Cedex 07, F 69367, France
J Mol Biol 286:307-14. 1999..Fructose 1,6-bisphosphate was found to strongly enhance binding of the P-Ser-HPr/CcpA and P-Ser-Crh/CcpA complexes to the xyn cre, but had no effect on binding of CcpA alone...
- Regulatory features of the trp operon and the crystal structure of the trp RNA-binding attenuation protein from Bacillus stearothermophilusX P Chen
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 14260, USA
J Mol Biol 289:1003-16. 1999..of both the cis and trans -acting regulatory elements indicates that the Bacillus stearothermophilustrp operon is regulated by an attenuation mechanism similar to that which controls the trp operon in Bacillus subtilis...
- A 35.7 kb DNA fragment from the Bacillus subtilis chromosome containing a putative 12.3 kb operon involved in hexuronate catabolism and a perfectly symmetrical hypothetical catabolite-responsive elementC Rivolta
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Microbiennes, Universite de Lausanne, Switzerland
Microbiology 144:877-84. 1998..The remaining three ORFs encode two dehydrogenases and a transcriptional regulator. The operon is preceded by a putative catabolite-responsive element (CRE), located between a hypothetical promoter and the RBS ..
- Identification of the pH-inducible, proton-translocating F1F0-ATPase (atpBEFHAGDC) operon of Lactobacillus acidophilus by differential display: gene structure, cloning and characterizationM J Kullen
Department of Food Science, Southeast Dairy Foods Research Center, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
Mol Microbiol 33:1152-61. 1999..5. One of these products, a 0.7 kb fragment, showed sequence similarity to bacterial atpBEF genes of the atp operon, whose genes encode the various subunits of the F1F0-ATPase. With the 0...
- Multidrug efflux pumps and antimicrobial resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa and related organismsK Poole
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 3:255-64. 2001....
- Horizontal transfer of the photosynthesis gene cluster and operon rearrangement in purple bacteriaN Igarashi
Department of Biology, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Minamiohsawa 1-1, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
J Mol Evol 52:333-41. 2001....
- The cyo operon of Pseudomonas putida is involved in carbon catabolite repression of phenol degradationL Petruschka
, , , Greifswald, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 266:199-206. 2001..In eight of these mutants mini-Tn5 was inserted into one of the genes of the cyo operon. The cyo operon encodes the cytochrome o ubiquinol oxidase, the terminal oxidase of the cyanide-sensitive branch ..
- The molybdate-responsive Escherichia coli ModE transcriptional regulator coordinates periplasmic nitrate reductase (napFDAGHBC) operon expression with nitrate and molybdate availabilityPaul M McNicholas
Department of Microbiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1489, USA
J Bacteriol 184:3253-9. 2002Expression of the Escherichia coli napFDAGHBC operon (also known as aeg46...
- Identification and characterization of a germination operon on the virulence plasmid pXO1 of Bacillus anthracisC Guidi-Rontani
Unité Toxines et Pathogénie Bactériennes, CNRS URA1858, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Mol Microbiol 33:407-14. 1999..blot analysis of total RNA from sporulating cells indicated that the gerX locus was organized as a tricistronic operon (gerXB, gerXA and gerXC)...
- Involvement of SirABC in iron-siderophore import in Staphylococcus aureusSuzanne E Dale
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
J Bacteriol 186:8356-62. 2004..Here, we show that the iron-regulated sirABC operon is divergently transcribed from the sbn operon that encodes enzymes involved in the synthesis of staphylobactin, a ..
- Features of ribosome-peptidyl-tRNA interactions essential for tryptophan induction of tna operon expressionLuis Rogelio Cruz-Vera
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Cell 19:333-43. 2005..The 24 residue leader peptidyl-tRNA of the tna operon of E. coli, TnaC-tRNA(Pro), in the presence of excess tryptophan, resists cleavage at the tnaC stop codon...
- Mutational analyses of open reading frames within the vraSR operon and their roles in the cell wall stress response of Staphylococcus aureusN McCallum
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Zurich, Gloriastr 32, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1391-402. 2011..The vraSR genes form part of the four-cistron autoregulatory operon orf1-yvqF-vraS-vraR...
- Functional characterization of the sigmaB-dependent yabJ-spoVG operon in Staphylococcus aureus: role in methicillin and glycopeptide resistanceBettina Schulthess
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Zurich, Gloriastr 32, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1832-9. 2009..aureus (GISA) strains. We show here that deletion of the sigma(B)-controlled yabJ-spoVG operon, which codes for potential downstream regulators of sigma(B), abolished capsule synthesis and reduced resistance ..
- DNA-binding activity of the vancomycin resistance associated regulator protein VraR and the role of phosphorylation in transcriptional regulation of the vraSR operonAntoaneta Belcheva
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
Biochemistry 48:5592-601. 2009..we provide the first report on the VraR transcriptional activity by investigating the interaction with the vraSR operon control region...
- mexEF-oprN multidrug efflux operon of Pseudomonas aeruginosa: regulation by the MexT activator in response to nitrosative stress and chloramphenicolHossam Fetar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:508-14. 2011A null mutation in the mexS gene of Pseudomonas aeruginosa yielded an increased level of expression of a 3-gene operon containing a gene, xenB, whose product is highly homologous to a xenobiotic reductase in Pseudomonas fluorescens shown ..
- The fbpABC operon is required for Ton-independent utilization of xenosiderophores by Neisseria gonorrhoeae strain FA19Heather R Strange
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Infect Immun 79:267-78. 2011..The fbpABC operon encodes a periplasmic-binding-protein-dependent ABC transport system that enables the gonococcus to transport iron ..
- Class IIa bacteriocin resistance in Enterococcus faecalis V583: the mannose PTS operon mediates global transcriptional responsesMona Opsata
Laboratory of Microbial Gene Technology and Food Microbiology, Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
BMC Microbiol 10:224. 2010..To gain insight into bacteriocin resistance we studied mutants of E. faecalis V583 resistant to pediocin PA-1 by use of transcriptomic analyses...
- The long-chain fatty acid sensor, PsrA, modulates the expression of rpoS and the type III secretion exsCEBA operon in Pseudomonas aeruginosaYun Kang
Department of Microbiology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Mol Microbiol 73:120-36. 2009The Pseudomonas aeruginosa PsrA autorepressor has dual roles as a repressor of the fadBA5beta-oxidation operon and an activator of the stationary-phase sigma factor rpoS and exsCEBA operon of the type III secretion system (TTSS)...
- The Escherichia coli ycbQRST operon encodes fimbriae with laminin-binding and epithelial cell adherence properties in Shiga-toxigenic E. coli O157:H7Partha Samadder
Department of Immunobiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Environ Microbiol 11:1815-26. 2009The human pathogen Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli (STEC) O157:H7 contains a ycbQRST fimbrial-like operon, which shares significant homology to the family of F17 fimbrial biogenesis genes f17ADCG found in enterotoxigenic E. coli...
- Expression and operon structure of the sel genes of Escherichia coli and identification of a third selenium-containing formate dehydrogenase isoenzymeG Sawers
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Munchen, Germany
J Bacteriol 173:4983-93. 1991..and selB genes formed one transcriptional unit (sel vector AB), while selD was shown to be the central gene in an operon including two other genes, the promoter distal of which (topB) encodes topoisomerase III...
- Prokaryotic genome regulation: multifactor promoters, multitarget regulators and hierarchic networksAkira Ishihama
Department of Frontier Bioscience, Hosei University, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8584, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Rev 34:628-45. 2010..The multifactor promoters and the multitarget transcription factors can be assembled into complex networks of transcription regulation, forming hierarchical networks...
- Global gene expression profiling of Yersinia pestis replicating inside macrophages reveals the roles of a putative stress-induced operon in regulating type III secretion and intracellular cell divisionHana S Fukuto
Center for Infectious Diseases, Department of Molecular Genetics and Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5120, USA
Infect Immun 78:3700-15. 2010..A putative stress-induced operon consisting of y2313, y2315, and y2316 (y2313-y2316), and a previously unidentified open reading frame, orfX, was ..
- Transcriptional processing of the pst operon of Escherichia coliMeire Aguena
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1374, Sao Paulo, SP CEP 05508 900, Brazil
Curr Microbiol 58:264-7. 2009The pst operon of Escherichia coli is composed of five genes that encode a high-affinity phosphate transport system...
- CcpA-dependent and -independent control of beta-galactosidase expression in Streptococcus pneumoniae occurs via regulation of an upstream phosphotransferase system-encoding operonGreer E Kaufman
Department of Microbiology, Univerisity of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2170, USA
J Bacteriol 189:5183-92. 2007..a region upstream of bgaA and in the promoter of a phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent phosphotransferase system (PTS) operon. The mutation was in a catabolite-responsive element (cre) and affected the binding of CcpA (catabolite control ..
- The rate of TRAP binding to RNA is crucial for transcription attenuation control of the B. subtilis trp operonMaria V Barbolina
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Mol Biol 370:925-38. 2007..Transcription of the trpEDCFBA operon is controlled by an attenuation mechanism involving two overlapping RNA secondary structures in the 5' leader ..
- Comparison of tryptophan biosynthetic operon regulation in different Gram-positive bacterial speciesAna Gutiérrez Preciado
Departmento de Microbiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62210, Mexico
Trends Genet 23:422-6. 2007The tryptophan biosynthetic operon has been widely used as a model system for studying transcription regulation. In Bacillus subtilis, the trp operon is primarily regulated by a tryptophan-activated RNA-binding protein, TRAP...
- Characterization of relationships between transcriptional units and operon structures in Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia coliShujiro Okuda
Bioinformatics Center, Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
BMC Genomics 8:48. 2007b>Operon structures play an important role in transcriptional regulation in prokaryotes. However, there have been fewer studies on complicated operon structures in which the transcriptional units vary with changing environmental conditions...
- nalD encodes a second repressor of the mexAB-oprM multidrug efflux operon of Pseudomonas aeruginosaYuji Morita
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 3N6
J Bacteriol 188:8649-54. 2006..Moreover, increased expression from this promoter was seen in a nalD mutant, consistent with NalD directly controlling mexAB-oprM expression from a second promoter...
- Nitrate-responsive NarX-NarL represses arginine-mediated induction of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa arginine fermentation arcDABC operonBeatrice Benkert
Institute of Microbiology, Technical University Braunschweig, Spielmannstr 7, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Microbiology 154:3053-60. 2008..NarL-dependent repression of the arcDABC operon was observed and the corresponding NarL-binding site in the arcD promoter region was functionally localized at -60 ..
- DBTBS: a database of transcriptional regulation in Bacillus subtilis containing upstream intergenic conservation informationNicolas Sierro
Human Genome Center, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D93-6. 2008..DBTBS can be accessed at: http://dbtbs.hgc.jp...
- Characterization of an lrp-like (lrpC) gene from Bacillus subtilisC Beloin
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Universite Paris XI, Orsay, France
Mol Gen Genet 256:63-71. 1997..coli, the B. subtilis Lrp-like protein is able to repress, by about two-fold, the expression of the ilvIH operon which is normally regulated by E. coli Lrp, indicating functional similarity in their regulatory targets...
- Curli fibers are highly conserved between Salmonella typhimurium and Escherichia coli with respect to operon structure and regulationU Romling
Department of Bacteriology, Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Bacteriol 180:722-31. 1998..The high degree of conservation at the protein level and the identical regulation patterns in E. coli and S. typhimurium suggest similar roles of curli fibers in the same ecological niche in the two species...
- Autoactivation of the marRAB multiple antibiotic resistance operon by the MarA transcriptional activator in Escherichia coliR G Martin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0560, USA
J Bacteriol 178:2216-23. 1996..Although MarA and the mar operon repressor, MarR, bound to independent sites, they competed for promoter DNA in band shift experiments...
- A complex four-gene operon containing essential cell division gene pbpB in Bacillus subtilisR A Daniel
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 178:2343-50. 1996We have cloned and sequenced the promoter-proximal region of the Bacillus subtilis operon containing the pbpB gene, encoding essential penicillin-binding protein PBP2B...
- Negative regulation of L-arabinose metabolism in Bacillus subtilis: characterization of the araR (araC) geneI Sá-Nogueira
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Oeiras, Portugal
J Bacteriol 179:1598-608. 1997..work, it has been postulated that the gene in which these mutations lie exerts its effect on the ara metabolic operon in trans, and this locus was named araC by analogy to the Escherichia coli regulatory gene...
- The cryptic general secretory pathway (gsp) operon of Escherichia coli K-12 encodes functional proteinsO Francetic
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité de Recherche Associée 1149, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Bacteriol 178:3544-9. 1996..of the Escherichia coli K-12 chromosome (GenBank entry U18997) has revealed the presence of an apparently complete operon of genes (the gspC-0 operon) similar to genes coding for components of the main terminal branch of the general ..
- Gene organization and transcriptional regulation of the gntRKU operon involved in gluconate uptake and catabolism of Escherichia coliH Izu
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Japan
J Mol Biol 267:778-93. 1997We cloned and characterized the gntRKU operon encoding part of the GntI system involved in gluconate uptake and catabolism by Escherichia coli...
- Regulated expression of a repressor protein: FadR activates iclRL Gui
Department of Biochemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55455, USA
J Bacteriol 178:4704-9. 1996The control of the glyoxylate bypass operon (aceBAK) of Escherichia coli is mediated by two regulatory proteins, IclMR and FadR...
- Lrp is a direct repressor of the dad operon in Escherichia coliE Mathew
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794, USA
J Bacteriol 178:7234-40. 1996Expression of the degradative D-amino acid dehydrogenase (dad) operon is known to be increased when Escherichia coli is grown in the presence of D- or L-alanine...
- Expression and control of an operon from an intracellular symbiont which is homologous to the groE operonS Sato
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 179:2300-4. 1997..Symbionin and SymS, a GroES homolog, are encoded in the symSL operon. Northern blotting and primer extension analyses revealed that the symSL operon invariably gives rise to a ..
- Control of the expression of the manXYZ operon in Escherichia coli: Mlc is a negative regulator of the mannose PTSJ Plumbridge
Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique UPR9073, Paris, France
Mol Microbiol 27:369-80. 1998The manXYZ operon of Escherichia coli encodes a sugar transporter of the phosphoenol pyruvate (PEP)-dependent phosphotransferase system, which is capable of transporting many sugars, including glucose, mannose and the aminosugars, ..
- Promoter characterization and constitutive expression of the Escherichia coli gcvR geneA C Ghrist
Department of Microbiology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Bacteriol 180:1803-7. 1998..Escherichia coli glycine cleavage repressor protein (GcvR) negatively regulates expression of the glycine cleavage operon (gcv)...
- Molecular characterization of the essential response regulator protein YycF in Bacillus subtilisTakafumi Watanabe
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kinki University, Nara, Japan
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 6:155-63. 2003..assay and DNase I footprinting, we investigated the effect of YycF (H215P) on binding to the YycF box of ftsAZ operon of B. subtilis...
- Negative feedback regulation of dnaK, clpB and lon expression by the DnaK chaperone machine in Streptomyces coelicolor, identified by transcriptome and in vivo DnaK-depletion analysisGiselda Bucca
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, U M I S T, PO Box 88, Manchester, M60 1QD, UK
Mol Microbiol 50:153-66. 2003The dnaK operon of Streptomyces coelicolor encodes the DnaK chaperone machine and the negative autoregulator HspR, which confers repression of the operon by binding to several inverted repeat sequences in the promoter region, dnaKp...
- Analysis of orthologous hrcA genes in Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilisThomas Wiegert
Institute of Genetics, University of Bayreuth, D-95440 Bayreuth, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 234:9-17. 2004..a transcriptional repressor protein interacting with the CIRCE operator thereby reducing expression of the groE operon of more than 120 bacterial species...
- Two arginine repressors regulate arginine biosynthesis in Lactobacillus plantarumHerve Nicoloff
Laboratoire de Dynamique, Evolution et Expression de Génomes de Microorganismes, Université Louis Pasteur CNRS FRE 2326, 28 rue Goethe, 67083 Strasbourg, France
J Bacteriol 186:6059-69. 2004The repression of the carAB operon encoding carbamoyl phosphate synthase leads to Lactobacillus plantarum FB331 growth inhibition in the presence of arginine...
- Dual control of subtilin biosynthesis and immunity in Bacillus subtilisTorsten Stein
, , Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Mol Microbiol 44:403-16. 2002....
- comK encodes the competence transcription factor, the key regulatory protein for competence development in Bacillus subtilisD van Sinderen
Department of Genetics, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 15:455-62. 1995..These results indicate that the gene product of comK is identical to the previously inferred competence transcription factor (CTF)...
- DNA supercoiling-dependent transcriptional coupling between the divergently transcribed promoters of the ilvYC operon of Escherichia coli is proportional to promoter strengths and transcript lengthsM L Opel
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Mol Microbiol 39:191-8. 2001..to demonstrate transcriptional coupling between the divergently transcribed ilvY and ilvC promoters of the ilvYC operon of Escherichia coli...
- Ribose utilization in Lactobacillus sakei: analysis of the regulation of the rbs operon and putative involvement of a new transporterR Stentz
Laboratoire de Recherches sur la Viande, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 1:165-73. 1999..The unusual location of this gene is maybe not fortuitous since acetate kinase is involved in ribose catabolism...
- The Pseudomonas aeruginosa hscA gene encodes Hsc66, a DnaK homologueJ Campos-García
Departamento de Microbiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apdo Postal 510 3, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Microbiology 146:1429-35. 2000..The inability of mutant W51M22 to use ethanol was complemented by the E. coli hscBA-fdx operon. The authors characterized the transcriptional arrangement of hscA, showing that it forms part of an operon with ..
- Genes of the sbo-alb locus of Bacillus subtilis are required for production of the antilisterial bacteriocin subtilosinG Zheng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology, Beaverton, Oregon 97006 8921, USA
J Bacteriol 181:7346-55. 1999..The plasmid insertion conferring the antilisterial-peptide-negative phenotype was located in a seven-gene operon (alb, for antilisterial bacteriocin) residing immediately downstream from the sbo gene, which encodes the ..
- Identification of a zinc-specific metalloregulatory protein, Zur, controlling zinc transport operons in Bacillus subtilisA Gaballa
Section of Microbiology, Wing Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 8101, USA
J Bacteriol 180:5815-21. 1998..A similar operator precedes the ycdH-containing operon, which encodes an ABC transporter...
- A novel DNA element that controls bacterial heat shock gene expressionF Narberhaus
Mikrobiologisches Institut, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule, ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Microbiol 28:315-23. 1998..While four mutants retained the ability to repress transcription of the hspArpoH1 operon, five deletion mutants produced elevated hspA mRNA levels under low-temperature growth conditions...
- Computational prediction of RpoS and RpoD regulatory sites in Geobacter sulfurreducens using sequence and gene expression informationBin Yan
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 38163, USA
Gene 384:73-95. 2006....
- A new oxygen-regulated operon in Escherichia coli comprises the genes for a putative third cytochrome oxidase and for pH 2.5 acid phosphatase (appA)J Dassa
Service de Biochimie des Proteines, C E SACLAY, Gif sur Yvette, France
Mol Gen Genet 229:341-52. 1991..of transcription have confirmed that the P2-appC-appB- (ORFX)-P1-appA region is organized on the chromosome as an operon transcribed clockwise from P2 and that P1 is a minor promoter for appA alone...
- The pdhR-aceEF-lpd operon of Escherichia coli expresses the pyruvate dehydrogenase complexM A Quail
Krebs Institute, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, UK
Mol Microbiol 12:95-104. 1994..translational fusions have shown that the pdhR gene (formerly genA) is the proximal gene of the pdhR-aceE-aceF-lpd operon encoding the pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) complex of Escherichia coli. A pdhR-lpd read-through transcript (7...
- Transcription initiation region of the srfA operon, which is controlled by the comP-comA signal transduction system in Bacillus subtilisM M Nakano
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 77130
J Bacteriol 173:5487-93. 1991srfA is an operon required for the production of the lipopeptide antibiotic surfactin, competence development, and efficient sporulation in Bacillus subtilis...
- The products of the kdpDE operon are required for expression of the Kdp ATPase of Escherichia coliJ W Polarek
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Bacteriol 174:2145-51. 1992..These genes constitute an operon adjacent to the kdpABC operon that encodes the three membrane protein subunits of Kdp...
- Leucine-responsive regulatory protein plays dual roles as both an activator and a repressor of the Escherichia coli pap fimbrial operonM W van der Woude
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Mol Microbiol 17:303-12. 1995The expression of the pap pilus operon of Escherichia coli is under a phase-variation control mechanism in which cells undergo a reversible transition between transcriptionally active (phase ON) and inactive (phase OFF) states...
- In vitro binding of the pleiotropic transcriptional regulatory protein, FruR, to the fru, pps, ace, pts and icd operons of Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimuriumT M Ramseier
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0116
J Mol Biol 234:28-44. 1993..was found to bind to two operators within the regulatory region preceding the structural genes of the fructose operon, fruB(MH)KA...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of the dnaK gene region of Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactisT Eaton
AFRC Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, UK
J Gen Microbiol 139:3253-64. 1993..In many bacteria the dnaK and dnaJ genes are found as part of the same operon. The L...
- A regulatory cascade in the induction of rhaBADS M Egan
Biology Department, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218
J Mol Biol 234:87-98. 1993..analysis and DNA mobility shift assays to show that RhaR is not the direct activator of the L-rhamnose catabolic operon, rhaBAD...
- Expression and purification of the cynR regulatory gene product: CynR is a DNA-binding proteinA F Lamblin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108
J Bacteriol 175:7990-9. 1993The CynR protein, a member of the LysR family, positively regulates the Escherichia coli cyn operon and negatively autoregulates its own transcription...
- Repressor mutations in the marRAB operon that activate oxidative stress genes and multiple antibiotic resistance in Escherichia coliR R Ariza
Department of Molecular and Cellular Toxicology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Bacteriol 176:143-8. 1994..Mutations at this locus can activate the marRAB operon, in which marR encodes a putative repressor of mar transcription and marA encodes a putative transcriptional ..
- Sequencing and characterization of the sdaC gene and identification of the sdaCB operon in Escherichia coli K12Z Shao
Biology Department, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
Eur J Biochem 222:901-7. 1994..sdaC and sdaB form a single operon, with 57 bp between the end of sdaC and the start of sdaB...
- Promoter and operator determinants for fur-mediated iron regulation in the bidirectional fepA-fes control region of the Escherichia coli enterobactin gene systemM D Hunt
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Columbia 65212
J Bacteriol 176:3944-55. 1994..These observations suggest a mechanism of Fur-mediated regulation in this compact control region that may involve other regulatory components...
- The dipeptide permease of Escherichia coli closely resembles other bacterial transport systems and shows growth-phase-dependent expressionW N Abouhamad
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 3258
Mol Microbiol 14:1077-92. 1994..We sequenced the dpp locus, which comprises an operon of five genes, dppABCDE...
- Identification of the Bacillus subtilis pur operon repressorM Weng
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7455-9. 1995Transcription of the Bacillus subtilis pur operon is repressed in response to a signal of excess adenine...
- LONG RANGE INTERACTIONS IN MU AND BACTERIAL DNANORMAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work provides a rationale for developing new antibiotics to fight pathogenic microorganisms and to solve old problems about how chromosomes become disentangled during cell growth. ..
- REGULATION OF PYRIMIDINE GENE EXPRESSION IN BACTERIACHARLES TURNBOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2001..reiterative transcription occurs at these promoters and is used for purine (ATP and/or GTP)-mediated regulation of operon expression...
- Impact of Diet on Intestinal Microbiota-Host DynamicsJustin Sonnenburg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The aims of this proposal are to (i) gain mechanistic insight into the function of an operon conserved in Bacteroides required for use of abundant dietary plant polysaccharides called fructans;(ii) determine ..
- Virulence factors of periodontopathogensJANINA LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Also, the role of the proteins encoded by the loci is not well defined. We have identified an operon, hmuYRSTUV, required for growth of P. gingivalis with hemoglobin-haptoglobin complexes as a hemin source...
- Pathogenesis of Persistent Chlamydial STDsDeborah Dean; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further, CT contains a partial tryptophan biosynthesis operon (trpR, trpA, trpB) not found in a CT mouse strain (MoPn) or other species of Chlamydia...
- Characterization of the Suf Fe-S Cluster Biosynthesis Pathway Under StressFRANKLIN WAYNE OUTTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The sufABCDSE operon is activated in bacteria to build essential Fe-S clusters during exposure to oxidative stress and iron starvation...
- Characterization of the Suf Fe-S Cluster Biosynthesis Pathway Under StressFRANKLIN OUTTEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The sufABCDSE operon is activated in bacteria to build essential Fe-S clusters during exposure to oxidative stress and iron starvation...
- Characterization of the Suf Fe-S Cluster Biosynthesis Pathway Under StressFRANKLIN OUTTEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The sufABCDSE operon is activated in bacteria to build essential Fe-S clusters during exposure to oxidative stress and iron starvation...
- Characterization of the Suf Fe-S Cluster Biosynthesis Pathway Under StressFRANKLIN OUTTEN; Fiscal Year: 2009
- REGULATION OF CAPSULE BIOSYNTHESIS IN N MENINGITIDISDavid Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies have direct application to the development of new meningococcal vaccine strategies and should provide important information about the regulation of sialic acid in other important bacterial and biologic systems. ..
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASydney Kustu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our second long-term goal is to continue studies of the b1012 operon. This operon of 7 genes encodes a previously undescribed pathway for degradation of pyrimidine rings, which we ..
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASYDNEY GOVONS KUSTU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our second long-term goal is to continue studies of the b1012 operon. This operon of 7 genes encodes a previously undescribed pathway for degradation of pyrimidine rings, which we ..
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASydney Kustu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our second long-term goal is to continue studies of the b1012 operon. This operon of 7 genes encodes a previously undescribed pathway for degradation of pyrimidine rings, which we ..
- The molecular control of bacterial autolysisKenneth Bayles; Fiscal Year: 2006..One component of this regulation is the IrgAB operon whose expression has been shown to inhibit murein hydrolase activity and cause tolerance to penicillin...
- The molecular control of bacterial autolysisKenneth Bayles; Fiscal Year: 2007..One component of this regulation is the IrgAB operon whose expression has been shown to inhibit murein hydrolase activity and cause tolerance to penicillin...
- GONOCOCCAL INFECTION AND GENE EXPRESSION IN FEMALE MICEAnn E Jerse; Fiscal Year: 2010..factors of the host innate defense, is critical for murine infection, and mutants that over-express the mtrCDE operon due to mutations in the mtrR repressor locus are more fit than wild type Gc in vivo...
- Characterization of iron transport in GBSKATHRYN CLANCY; Fiscal Year: 2004..We have identified a putative siderophore-mediated iron transport system, the fhu operon, in GBS...
- MEMBRANES OF THE DENTAL PATHOGEN STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSL Jeannine Brady; Fiscal Year: 2007During the previous funding cycle a 5-gene operon named sat, for secretion and acid tolerance, was identified in Streptococcus mutans...
- GENETIC SYSTEMS TO STUDY VIRULENCE IN BACTEROIDESMichael Malamy; Fiscal Year: 2007..addition we have identified specific functions (superoxide dismutase, SOD), and an extensive gene cluster (the Bat operon) that are required for aerotolerance...
- Rho-Modifying Cytotoxic Necrotizing Factor of E. coliALISON O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., cystitis or pyelonephritis, or acute prostatitis. In fact, the cnf1 locus and a hly operon are co-transcribed and co-regulated from a prototypic uropathogenic E. coli (UPEC) strain during culture in vitro...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF THE PERTUSSIS TOXIN SECRETION OPERONAlison Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2000..In the previous granting period we discovered an operon of eight genes (called ptl for Pertussis Toxin Liberation) that promotes the secretion of assembled pertussis ..
- GONOCOCCI: GENETICS OF RESISTANCE TO PMN PROTEINSWilliam Shafer; Fiscal Year: 2004..For instance, the MtrR protein down-regulates expression of the mtrCDE operon through its capacity to bind to the mtrCDE promoter and this results in enhanced susceptibility of gonococci to ..
- Genetic circuits based on allosteric ribozymesAndrew D Ellington; Fiscal Year: 2010..are instrumental in modulating the expression of operons involved in the utilization of sugars, such as the lac operon. Starting with three different ribozyme platforms (hammerhead, L1 ligase, and Group I self-splicing intron) we ..
- Genetic circuits based on allosteric ribozymesAndrew Ellington; Fiscal Year: 2007..are instrumental in modulating the expression of operons involved in the utilization of sugars, such as the lac operon. Starting with three different ribozyme platforms (hammerhead, L1 ligase, and Group I self-splicing intron) we ..
- LONG RANGE INTERACTIONS IN MU AND BACTERIAL DNANORMAN P HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work provides a rationale for developing new antibiotics to fight pathogenic microorganisms and to solve old problems about how chromosomes become disentangled during cell growth. ..
- Rho-Modifying Cytotoxic Necrotizing Factor of E. coliALISON DAVIS O apos BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., cystitis or pyelonephritis, or acute prostatitis. In fact, the cnf1 locus and a hly operon are co-transcribed and co-regulated from a prototypic uropathogenic E. coli (UPEC) strain during culture in vitro...
- Mechanism of PsrP mediated adhesionCarlos J Orihuela; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will: Aim 1. Determine the operon structure and transcriptional regulation of psrP-secY2A2...
- Mechanism of PsrP mediated adhesionCarlos Orihuela; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will: Aim 1. Determine the operon structure and transcriptional regulation of psrP-secY2A2...
- STRUCTURE AND GENETIC CONTROL OF COLICINESDonald Helinski; Fiscal Year: 2000..The parDE operon encodes a post-segregational killing mechanism that corrects for loss of the plasmid in a growing population of ..