Genomes and Genes
Summary: Addition of methyl groups to DNA. DNA methyltransferases (DNA methylases) perform this reaction using S-ADENOSYLMETHIONINE as the methyl group donor.
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Epigenetic silencing of the candidate tumor suppressor gene PROX1 in sporadic breast cancerBeatrix Versmold
Division of Molecular Gyneco Oncology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Cologne, Germany
Int J Cancer 121:547-54. 2007..In summary, we have identified PROX1 as a novel target gene that is hypermethylated and transcriptionally silenced in primary and metastatic breast cancer...
- Alterations of the Wnt signaling pathway during the neoplastic progression of Barrett's esophagusG Clement
Institut de Pathologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Oncogene 25:3084-92. 2006....
- Epigenetic silencing of AXIN2 in colorectal carcinoma with microsatellite instabilityK Koinuma
Division of Functional Genomics, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Oncogene 25:139-46. 2006..These data indicate that epigenetic silencing of AXIN2 is specifically associated with carcinogenesis in MSI+ CRCs...
- The epigenetics of oral cancerR Shaw
Regional Maxillofacial Unit, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:101-8. 2006..Epigenetic mechanisms such as DNA methylation, histone methylation and deacetylation have been shown to silence key genes involved in cell proliferation, ..
- Epigenetic inactivation of CHFR in nasopharyngeal carcinoma through promoter methylationHiu Wing Cheung
Cancer Biology Group, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Mol Carcinog 43:237-45. 2005..1% (22 out of 36) of primary NPC tumors while it was absent in non-malignant tissues. These findings suggest that downregulation of CHFR is a common event in NPC cells which may be due to hypermethylation of the gene promoter region...
- Human DNA methylomes at base resolution show widespread epigenomic differencesRyan Lister
Genomic Analysis Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 462:315-22. 2009..These reference epigenomes provide a foundation for future studies exploring this key epigenetic modification in human disease and development...
- Genome-scale DNA methylation maps of pluripotent and differentiated cellsAlexander Meissner
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 454:766-70. 2008b>DNA methylation is essential for normal development and has been implicated in many pathologies including cancer...
- Distribution, silencing potential and evolutionary impact of promoter DNA methylation in the human genomeMichael Weber
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nat Genet 39:457-66. 2007To gain insight into the function of DNA methylation at cis-regulatory regions and its impact on gene expression, we measured methylation, RNA polymerase occupancy and histone modifications at 16,000 promoters in primary human somatic ..
- Comprehensive genomic characterization defines human glioblastoma genes and core pathwaysRoger McLendon
Nature 455:1061-8. 2008..Here we report the interim integrative analysis of DNA copy number, gene expression and DNA methylation aberrations in 206 glioblastomas--the most common type of adult brain cancer--and nucleotide sequence ..
- Conversion of 5-methylcytosine to 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in mammalian DNA by MLL partner TET1Mamta Tahiliani
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School and Immune Disease Institute, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 324:930-5. 2009..hmC is present in the genome of mouse embryonic stem cells, and hmC levels decrease upon RNA interference-mediated depletion of TET1. Thus, TET proteins have potential roles in epigenetic regulation through modification of 5mC to hmC...
- Principles and challenges of genomewide DNA methylation analysisPeter W Laird
USC Epigenome Center, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, 90089 9601, USA
Nat Rev Genet 11:191-203. 2010..Therefore, profiling DNA methylation across the genome is vital to understanding the influence of epigenetics...
- Differential methylation of tissue- and cancer-specific CpG island shores distinguishes human induced pluripotent stem cells, embryonic stem cells and fibroblastsAkiko Doi
Center for Epigenetics and Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 41:1350-3. 2009Induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells are derived by epigenetic reprogramming, but their DNA methylation patterns have not yet been analyzed on a genome-wide scale...
- Directly reprogrammed fibroblasts show global epigenetic remodeling and widespread tissue contributionNimet Maherali
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Center for Regenerative Medicine, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:55-70. 2007....
- Dynamic changes in the human methylome during differentiationLouise Laurent
UCSD Medical Center, Department of Reproductive Medicine, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Genome Res 20:320-31. 2010b>DNA methylation is a critical epigenetic regulator in mammalian development...
- Dissecting direct reprogramming through integrative genomic analysisTarjei S Mikkelsen
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 454:49-55. 2008..We demonstrate that RNA inhibition of transcription factors can facilitate reprogramming, and that treatment with DNA methyltransferase inhibitors can improve the overall efficiency of the reprogramming process...
- Functional demarcation of active and silent chromatin domains in human HOX loci by noncoding RNAsJohn L Rinn
Program in Epithelial Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 129:1311-23. 2007..Thus, transcription of ncRNA may demarcate chromosomal domains of gene silencing at a distance; these results have broad implications for gene regulation in development and disease states...
- Genome-wide erasure of DNA methylation in mouse primordial germ cells is affected by AID deficiencyChristian Popp
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK
Nature 463:1101-5. 2010..Here we profiled DNA methylation throughout the genome by unbiased bisulphite next generation sequencing in wild-type and AID-deficient mouse ..
- Establishing, maintaining and modifying DNA methylation patterns in plants and animalsJulie A Law
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California Los Angeles, 90095 1606, USA
Nat Rev Genet 11:204-20. 2010Cytosine DNA methylation is a stable epigenetic mark that is crucial for diverse biological processes, including gene and transposon silencing, imprinting and X chromosome inactivation...
- Targeted and genome-scale strategies reveal gene-body methylation signatures in human cellsMadeleine P Ball
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Nat Biotechnol 27:361-8. 2009..Our observations highlight the usefulness of techniques that are not inherently or intentionally biased towards particular subsets like CpG islands or promoter regions...
- Conservation and divergence of methylation patterning in plants and animalsSuhua Feng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, and Institute for Genomics and Proteomics, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8689-94. 2010Cytosine DNA methylation is a heritable epigenetic mark present in many eukaryotic organisms...
- Epigenetic programming by maternal behaviorIan C G Weaver
Douglas Hospital Research Center, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, , , Canada
Nat Neurosci 7:847-54. 2004..Offspring of mothers that showed high levels of LG and ABN were found to have differences in DNA methylation, as compared to offspring of 'low-LG-ABN' mothers...
- Intra-individual change over time in DNA methylation with familial clusteringHans T Bjornsson
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
JAMA 299:2877-83. 2008Changes over time in epigenetic marks, which are modifications of DNA such as by DNA methylation, may help explain the late onset of common human diseases...
- DNA methylation patterns and epigenetic memoryAdrian Bird
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Genes Dev 16:6-21. 2002
- Genome-wide evolutionary analysis of eukaryotic DNA methylationAssaf Zemach
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 211 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Science 328:916-9. 2010..We quantified DNA methylation in 17 eukaryotic genomes and found that gene body methylation is conserved between plants and animals, ..
- DNA methylation profiles in monozygotic and dizygotic twinsZachary A Kaminsky
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
Nat Genet 41:240-5. 2009..As epigenetic factors can contribute to phenotypic outcomes, we conducted a DNA methylation analysis in white blood cells (WBC), buccal epithelial cells and gut biopsies of 114 monozygotic (MZ) twins ..
- Conserved role of intragenic DNA methylation in regulating alternative promotersAlika K Maunakea
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nature 466:253-7. 2010Although it is known that the methylation of DNA in 5' promoters suppresses gene expression, the role of DNA methylation in gene bodies is unclear...
- Epigenetics in cancerManel Esteller
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Madrid, Spain
N Engl J Med 358:1148-59. 2008
- In vitro reprogramming of fibroblasts into a pluripotent ES-cell-like stateMarius Wernig
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 448:318-24. 2007..Here we show that DNA methylation, gene expression and chromatin state of such induced reprogrammed stem cells are similar to those of ES cells...
- The relationship of DNA methylation with age, gender and genotype in twins and healthy controlsMarco P Boks
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e6767. 2009..In addition to influences of age and gender, genetic control of DNA methylation levels has recently been described...
- DNMT3L connects unmethylated lysine 4 of histone H3 to de novo methylation of DNASteen K T Ooi
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 448:714-7. 2007Mammals use DNA methylation for the heritable silencing of retrotransposons and imprinted genes and for the inactivation of the X chromosome in females...
- Molecular pathogenesis of human hepatocellular carcinomaSnorri S Thorgeirsson
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Genet 31:339-46. 2002..New strategies should enable these variants to be characterized...
- Genomic surveys by methylation-sensitive SNP analysis identify sequence-dependent allele-specific DNA methylationKristi Kerkel
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 40:904-8. 2008Allele-specific DNA methylation (ASM) is a hallmark of imprinted genes, but ASM in the larger nonimprinted fraction of the genome is less well characterized...
- CpG islands--'a rough guide'Robert S Illingworth
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Michael Swann Building, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
FEBS Lett 583:1713-20. 2009..CGIs generally lack DNA methylation and associate with the majority of annotated gene promoters...
- The Dnmt3a PWWP domain reads histone 3 lysine 36 trimethylation and guides DNA methylationArunkumar Dhayalan
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Engineering and Science, Jacobs University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:26114-20. 2010..H3K36me3 is known to be a repressive modification correlated with DNA methylation in mammals and heterochromatin in Schizosaccharomyces pombe...
- Distinct epigenomic landscapes of pluripotent and lineage-committed human cellsR David Hawkins
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell Stem Cell 6:479-91. 2010..of potential regulatory sequences also exhibit a high degree of dynamics in chromatin modifications and DNA methylation. Additionally, we observe novel, context-dependent relationships between DNA methylation and chromatin ..
- Chromatin methylation activity of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3a/3L is guided by interaction of the ADD domain with the histone H3 tailYingying Zhang
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Engineering and Science, Jacobs University Bremen, Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4246-53. 2010..To establish a functional role of the ADD domain binding to unmodified H3 tails, we analyzed the DNA methylation of in vitro reconstituted chromatin with Dnmt3a2, the Dnmt3a2/Dnmt3L complex, and the catalytic domain of ..
- Epigenetics in human disease and prospects for epigenetic therapyGerda Egger
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Room 8302L, Los Angeles, California 90089-9181, USA
Nature 429:457-63. 2004....
- Targeted bisulfite sequencing reveals changes in DNA methylation associated with nuclear reprogrammingJie Deng
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Nat Biotechnol 27:353-60. 2009Current DNA methylation assays are limited in the flexibility and efficiency of characterizing a large number of genomic targets...
- Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factorsIn Hyun Park
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 451:141-6. 2008..These data demonstrate that defined factors can reprogramme human cells to pluripotency, and establish a method whereby patient-specific cells might be established in culture...
- DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are essential for de novo methylation and mammalian developmentM Okano
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Cell 99:247-57. 1999The establishment of DNA methylation patterns requires de novo methylation that occurs predominantly during early development and gametogenesis in mice...
- The mammalian epigenomeBradley E Bernstein
Molecular Pathology Unit and Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Cell 128:669-81. 2007..Here we review current research efforts, with an emphasis on large-scale studies, emerging technologies, and challenges ahead...
- Reprogramming towards pluripotency requires AID-dependent DNA demethylationNidhi Bhutani
Baxter Laboratory for Stem Cell Biology, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5175, USA
Nature 463:1042-7. 2010..These data provide new evidence that mammalian AID is required for active DNA demethylation and initiation of nuclear reprogramming towards pluripotency in human somatic cells...
- Specific activation of microRNA-127 with downregulation of the proto-oncogene BCL6 by chromatin-modifying drugs in human cancer cellsYoshimasa Saito
Department of Urology, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Cancer Cell 9:435-43. 2006..These results suggest that DNA demethylation and histone deacetylase inhibition can activate expression of miRNAs that may act as tumor suppressors...
- CpG islands influence chromatin structure via the CpG-binding protein Cfp1John P Thomson
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, Michael Swann Building, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Nature 464:1082-6. 2010..Most human gene promoters are embedded within CGIs that lack DNA methylation and coincide with sites of histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation (H3K4me3), irrespective of transcriptional ..
- Comparison of sequencing-based methods to profile DNA methylation and identification of monoallelic epigenetic modificationsR Alan Harris
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Biotechnol 28:1097-105. 2010Analysis of DNA methylation patterns relies increasingly on sequencing-based profiling methods...
- Human aging-associated DNA hypermethylation occurs preferentially at bivalent chromatin domainsVardhman K Rakyan
Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London E1 2AT, UK
Genome Res 20:434-9. 2010....
- Identification of a CpG island methylator phenotype that defines a distinct subgroup of gliomaHoutan Noushmehr
USC Epigenome Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Cell 17:510-22. 2010We have profiled promoter DNA methylation alterations in 272 glioblastoma tumors in the context of The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA)...
- Rethinking how DNA methylation patterns are maintainedPeter A Jones
Peter A Jones and Gangning Liang are at the Department of Urology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 9181, USA
Nat Rev Genet 10:805-11. 2009b>DNA methylation patterns are set up early in mammalian development and are then copied during the division of somatic cells...
- The fundamental role of epigenetic events in cancerPeter A Jones
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, MS 8302L, Los Angeles, California 90089 9181, USA
Nat Rev Genet 3:415-28. 2002Patterns of DNA methylation and chromatin structure are profoundly altered in neoplasia and include genome-wide losses of, and regional gains in, DNA methylation...
- Targets and dynamics of promoter DNA methylation during early mouse developmentJulie Borgel
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 5535, Universite Montpellier 2, Universite Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Nat Genet 42:1093-100. 2010b>DNA methylation is extensively reprogrammed during the early phases of mammalian development, yet genomic targets of this process are largely unknown...
- Epigenetic reprogramming in plant and animal developmentSuhua Feng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 330:622-7. 2010..The mechanisms of genome-wide erasure of DNA methylation, which involve modifications to 5-methylcytosine and DNA repair, are being unraveled...
- Epigenetic regulation of gene expression: how the genome integrates intrinsic and environmental signalsRudolf Jaenisch
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Nat Genet 33:245-54. 2003..Research over the past few years has focused on two molecular mechanisms that mediate epigenetic phenomena: DNA methylation and histone modifications...
- A microRNA DNA methylation signature for human cancer metastasisAmaia Lujambio
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Research Center, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13556-61. 2008..Our findings indicate that DNA methylation-associated silencing of tumor suppressor miRNAs contributes to the development of human cancer metastasis.
- Genetic unmasking of an epigenetically silenced microRNA in human cancer cellsAmaia Lujambio
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory and Lung Cancer Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Cancer Res 67:1424-9. 2007..Interestingly, we functionally link the epigenetic loss of miRNA-124a with the activation of cyclin D kinase 6, a bona fide oncogenic factor, and the phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma, a tumor suppressor gene...
- Age-dependent DNA methylation of genes that are suppressed in stem cells is a hallmark of cancerAndrew E Teschendorff
University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Genome Res 20:440-6. 2010..These findings shed substantial novel insights into the epigenetic effects of aging and support the view that age may predispose to malignant transformation by irreversibly stabilizing stem cell features...
- Epigenetic regulation of the glucocorticoid receptor in human brain associates with childhood abusePatrick O McGowan
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, H4H 1R3, Canada
Nat Neurosci 12:342-8. 2009..These findings translate previous results from rat to humans and suggest a common effect of parental care on the epigenetic regulation of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor expression...
- DNA methylation mediated by a microRNA pathwayLiang Wu
National Institute of Biological Sciences, Zhongguancun Life Science Park, Beijing 102206, China College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Mol Cell 38:465-75. 2010..We demonstrated that lmiRNAs direct DNA methylation at loci from which they are produced as well as in trans at their target genes and play roles in gene ..
- A piRNA pathway primed by individual transposons is linked to de novo DNA methylation in miceAlexei A Aravin
Watson School of Biological Sciences, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Mol Cell 31:785-99. 2008..The Piwi pathway lies upstream of known mediators of DNA methylation, since piRNAs are still produced in dnmt3L mutants, which fail to methylate transposons...
- Aging and environmental exposures alter tissue-specific DNA methylation dependent upon CpG island contextBrock C Christensen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000602. 2009..While alterations of epigenetic marks such as DNA methylation have been linked to cancers and many other human diseases, interindividual epigenetic variations in normal ..
- KDM1B is a histone H3K4 demethylase required to establish maternal genomic imprintsDavid N Ciccone
Epigenetics Program, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 250 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 461:415-8. 2009Differential DNA methylation of the paternal and maternal alleles regulates the parental origin-specific expression of imprinted genes in mammals...
- Epigenetic differences arise during the lifetime of monozygotic twinsMario F Fraga
Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre (CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10604-9. 2005..To address this issue, we examined the global and locus-specific differences in DNA methylation and histone acetylation of a large cohort of monozygotic twins...
- Cyclical DNA methylation of a transcriptionally active promoterRaphaël Métivier
Universite de Rennes I, CNRS, UMR 6026 Equipe SPARTE, IFR 140 GFAS, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Nature 452:45-50. 2008..b>DNA methylation on CpGs constitutes an epigenetic mark generally correlated with transcriptionally silent condensed chromatin...
- Transcription is required for establishment of germline methylation marks at imprinted genesMita Chotalia
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB22 3AT, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 23:105-17. 2009Genomic imprinting requires the differential marking by DNA methylation of genes in male and female gametes...
- MeCP2 binding to DNA depends upon hydration at methyl-CpGKok Lian Ho
School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Mol Cell 29:525-31. 2008..The MeCP2-DNA complex also identifies a unique structural role for T158, the residue most commonly mutated in Rett syndrome...
- Epigenomic profiling reveals DNA-methylation changes associated with major psychosisJonathan Mill
Krembil Family Epigenetic Laboratory, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R8, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 82:696-711. 2008..To date, however, few studies have investigated the role of DNA methylation in major psychosis, and none have taken a genome-wide epigenomic approach...
- Establishment of histone h3 methylation on the inactive X chromosome requires transient recruitment of Eed-Enx1 polycomb group complexesJose Silva
X Inactivation Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, ICSM, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Dev Cell 4:481-95. 2003..Functional analysis demonstrates that Eed-Enx1 is required to establish methylation of histone H3 at lysine 9 and/or lysine 27 on Xi and that this, in turn, is required to stabilize the Xi chromatin structure...
- Distinct DNA methylation patterns characterize differentiated human embryonic stem cells and developing human fetal liverAlayne L Brunner
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genome Res 19:1044-56. 2009To investigate the role of DNA methylation during human development, we developed Methyl-seq, a method that assays DNA methylation at more than 90,000 regions throughout the genome...
- Epigenetic identification of ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase L1 as a functional tumor suppressor and biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma and other digestive tumorsJun Yu
Department of Medicine, Institute of Digestive Disease, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hepatology 48:508-18. 2008..We investigated the expression and DNA methylation of the UCHL1 in primary HCC, liver metastases from digestive carcinomas, and primary digestive cancers...
- Hypermethylation of CpG island loci of multiple tumor suppressor genes in retinoblastomaYoram Cohen
Department of Gynecology, Sheba Cancer Research Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Exp Eye Res 86:201-6. 2008..The high methylation status for NEUROG1 may point to an alternative pathway in the development and progression of retinoblastoma, but further studies are needed...
- DNA methylation and histone modifications cause silencing of Wnt antagonist gene in human renal cell carcinoma cell linesKen Kawamoto
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Int J Cancer 123:535-42. 2008..This is the first report indicating that aberrant DNA methylation and histone modifications work together to silence the sFRP2 gene in RCC cells.
- CpG island methylation in a mouse model of lymphoma is driven by the genetic configuration of tumor cellsRene Opavsky
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS Genet 3:1757-69. 2007..evidence suggests that this specificity involves differential sequence susceptibilities, the targeting of DNA methylation activity to specific promoter sequences, or the selection of rare DNA methylation events during disease ..
- Frequent epigenetic silencing of protocadherin 10 by methylation in multiple haematologic malignanciesJianming Ying
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Department of Clinical Oncology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Br J Haematol 136:829-32. 2007..Methylation was further detected in 14% of Hodgkin lymphoma sera. Thus, PCDH10 methylation is frequently involved in lymphomagenesis and could serve as a tumour-specific biomarker...
- Cancer epigenomics: DNA methylomes and histone-modification mapsManel Esteller
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nat Rev Genet 8:286-98. 2007..Many studies have explored the mosaic patterns of DNA methylation and histone modification in cancer cells on a gene-by-gene basis; among their results has been the seminal ..
- Differential epigenetic regulation of Aiolos expression in human tumoral cell lines and primary cellsMarianne Duhamel
Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Batiment CERVI, U543 INSERM, 83, Bd de l Hopital, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, France
FEBS Lett 582:457-67. 2008..b>DNA methylation and low levels of euchromatin-associated signatures are observed in U937 and 1106 mel cell lines, while the ..
- Epigenetic signatures of familial cancer are characteristic of tumor type and family categoryEmmi I Joensuu
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Res 68:4597-605. 2008..Paired normal tissues or blood displayed negligible methylation arguing against a constitutional methylation abnormality in familial cases...
- Re-expression of methylation-induced tumor suppressor gene silencing is associated with the state of histone modification in gastric cancer cell linesChun Feng Meng
Department of Surgical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, No 155, Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6166-71. 2007..DNA hyper-methylation and histone modification at a hyperme-thylated, silenced tumor suppressor gene promoter in human gastric cancer cell lines and to elucidate whether alteration of DNA methylation could affect histone modification.
- Defining a chromatin pattern that characterizes DNA-hypermethylated genes in colon cancer cellsKelly M McGarvey
Divisions of Cancer Biology, The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 68:5753-9. 2008..transcriptional control is a fundamental feature of cancer, particularly manifesting as increased promoter DNA methylation with associated aberrant gene silencing, which plays a significant role in tumor progression...
- Transcriptional silencing of the TMS1/ASC tumour suppressor gene by an epigenetic mechanism in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsC Zhang
Institute of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan 250012, People s Republic of China
J Pathol 212:134-42. 2007b>DNA methylation and histone modifications have emerged as key mechanisms in transcriptional regulation. The target of methylation-induced silencing 1 (TMS1) is a bipartite protein...
- Promoter methylation status of multiple genes in uveal melanomaEfrat Merhavi
The Krieger Eye Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikva, Israel
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:4403-6. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the role of epigenetic inactivation of multiple genes in uveal melanoma...
- Transcriptional silencing of hedgehog-interacting protein by CpG hypermethylation and chromatic structure in human gastrointestinal cancerH Taniguchi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
J Pathol 213:131-9. 2007..Silencing of the HHIP gene due to hypermethylation and chromatin remodelling appears to be frequently involved in gastrointestinal tumourigenesis...
- Promoter hypermethylation contributes to frequent inactivation of a putative conditional tumor suppressor gene connective tissue growth factor in ovarian cancerRyoko Kikuchi
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Medical Research Institute and School of Biomedical Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Cancer Res 67:7095-105. 2007....
- Frequent inactivation of RAMP2, EFEMP1 and Dutt1 in lung cancer by promoter hypermethylationWen Yue
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4336-44. 2007..The goal of this study is to identify novel genes frequently silenced by promoter hypermethylation in lung cancer...
- Epigenetic down-regulation and suppressive role of DCBLD2 in gastric cancer cell proliferation and invasionMirang Kim
Functional Genomics Research Center, KRIBB, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, Korea
Mol Cancer Res 6:222-30. 2008..These data suggest that down-regulation of DCBLD2, often associated with promoter hypermethylation, is a frequent event that may be related to the development of gastric cancer...
- Role of nucleosomal occupancy in the epigenetic silencing of the MLH1 CpG islandJoy C Lin
Department of Urology, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Cancer Cell 12:432-44. 2007..Activation of the promoter by demethylation with 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine involves nucleosome eviction. Epigenetic silencing of tumor suppressor genes may involve heritable changes in nucleosome occupancy enabled by cytosine methylation...
- DNA methylation-dependent epigenetic regulation of gene expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsAshley G Rivenbark
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Epigenetics 1:32-44. 2006..subject to CpG methylation and responsive to demethylating agents), suggesting that not all gene targets of DNA methylation in breast cancer will contain a CpG island...
- Epigenetic silencing of prostaglandin E receptor 2 (PTGER2) is associated with progression of neuroblastomasY Sugino
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Medical Research Institute and School of Biomedical Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 26:7401-13. 2007..genes, prostaglandin D2 receptor (PTGDR) and prostaglandin E receptor 2 (PTGER2), as possible targets for DNA methylation in advanced types of neuroblastoma (NB) using bacterial artificial chromosome array-based methylated CpG ..
- Hypermethylation, but not LOH, is associated with the low expression of MT1G and CRABP1 in papillary thyroid carcinomaYing Huang
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Cancer 104:735-44. 2003..In contrast, hypermethylation of promoter CpG islands seems to occur at higher frequency. MT1G and CRABP1 are novel genes that are likely involved in the pathogenesis of sporadic PTC...
- Genetic and epigenetic alterations of LTF at 3p21.3 in nasopharyngeal carcinomaHong Mei Yi
Cancer Research Institute, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, P R China
Oncol Res 16:261-72. 2006..In conclusion, our data indicate that two-hit silencing of LTF through genetic and epigenetic changes may be a common and important event in the carcinogenesis of NPC...
- Epigenetic loss of the familial tumor-suppressor gene exostosin-1 (EXT1) disrupts heparan sulfate synthesis in cancer cellsSantiago Ropero
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre, Madrid, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 13:2753-65. 2004..These findings highlight the importance of EXT1 epigenetic inactivation, leading to an abrogation of HS biosynthesis, in the processes of tumor onset and progression...
- [DNA methylation and cancer--DNA methylation as a target of cancer chemotherapy]Kazuaki Miyamoto
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1-1 Tsukiji 5-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 30:2021-9. 2003Aberrant epigenetic information, represented by aberrant DNA methylation, plays a large role in carcinogenesis...
- Methylation silencing of the Apaf-1 gene in acute leukemiaYutaka Furukawa
Division of Stem Cell Regulation, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Minamikawachi Machi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 3:325-34. 2005..Treatment of these cells with 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine, a specific inhibitor of DNA methylation, restored the expression of Apaf-1...
- Epigenetic changes to the MDR1 locus in response to chemotherapeutic drugsEmma K Baker
Epigenetics in Human Health and Disease Laboratory, The Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct, Baker Medical Research Institute, Commercial Road, Prahran, Victoria 3181, Australia
Oncogene 24:8061-75. 2005..Our results demonstrate that chemotherapeutic drugs can actively induce epigenetic changes within the MDR1 promoter, and enhance the MDR phenotype...
- ASC/TMS1, a caspase-1 activating adaptor, is downregulated by aberrant methylation in human melanomaXin Guan
Department of Molecular Oncology, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
Int J Cancer 107:202-8. 2003..Our study shows that ASC is downregulated in melanoma, and that its suppression is partially mediated by aberrant methylation...
- Genetic unmasking of epigenetically silenced tumor suppressor genes in colon cancer cells deficient in DNA methyltransferasesMaria F Paz
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre (CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 12:2209-19. 2003..Thus, our results demonstrate the role of DNMT1 and DNMT3b in CpG island methylation associated silencing and the usefulness of genetic disruption strategies in searching for new hypermethylated loci...
- Transcriptional silencing of the DLC-1 tumor suppressor gene by epigenetic mechanism in gastric cancer cellsTai Young Kim
National Research Laboratory for Cancer Epigenetics, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Oncogene 22:3943-51. 2003..Taken together, the results of our study suggest that the transcriptional silencing of DLC-1, by epigenetic mechanism, may be involved in gastric carcinogenesis...
- Epigenetic profiling of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: promoter hypermethylation of multiple tumor suppressor genes including BCL7a, PTPRG, and p73Remco van Doorn
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:3886-96. 2005..To analyze the occurrence of promoter hypermethylation in primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) on a genome-wide scale, focusing on epigenetic alterations with pathogenetic significance...
- Frequent silencing of low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1B (LRP1B) expression by genetic and epigenetic mechanisms in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaItaru Sonoda
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Medical Research Institute, and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 64:3741-7. 2004..These results suggest that loss of LRP1B function in esophageal carcinogenesis most often occurs either by homozygous deletion or by transcriptional silencing through hypermethylation of its CpG island...
- The candidate tumor suppressor gene BLU, located at the commonly deleted region 3p21.3, is an E2F-regulated, stress-responsive gene and inactivated by both epigenetic and genetic mechanisms in nasopharyngeal carcinomaGuo Hua Qiu
Cancer Epigenetics Tumor Virology Laboratory, Division of Johns Hopkins in Singapore, Singapore
Oncogene 23:4793-806. 2004..Therefore, BLU is a stress-responsive gene, being disrupted in 83% (24/29) of NPC tumors by either epigenetic or genetic mechanisms. Our data are consistent with the interpretation that BLU is a TSG for NPC...
- Aberrant methylation and silencing of the BNIP3 gene in colorectal and gastric cancerMasafumi Murai
First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16 Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:1021-7. 2005..To examine its role in the progression of gastrointestinal cancer, we examined the expression and DNA methylation status of BNIP3 gene in a panel of colorectal and gastric cancer cell lines...
- Silencing of imprinted CDKN1C gene expression is associated with loss of CpG and histone H3 lysine 9 methylation at DMR-LIT1 in esophageal cancerHidenobu Soejima
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Saga Medical School, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501 Japan
Oncogene 23:4380-8. 2004....
- Epigenetic inactivation of DLC-1 in supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumorJesse Chung-sean Pang
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, People's Republic of China
Hum Pathol 36:36-43. 2005....
- DNA methylation in aging, race and prostate cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific hypotheses: 1) The DNA methylation status of most frequently deleted genes [ERs, E-cadherin, CD44 and GSTPI (glutathione S-transferase pi)] will ..
- Dietary Methyl Score, Genomic DNA Methylation and Colorectal CancerEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2009..cancer risk in large prospective studies and expect that individuals with reduced levels of genomic DNA methylation are at increased risk of colorectal cancer...
- Targeting aberrant epigenetics by nanomedicineShujun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Inhibition of aberrant DNA methylation by decitabine or 5-azacitidine restores normal patterns of cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis, ..
- Dietary Methyl Score, Genomic DNA Methylation and Colorectal CancerEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2010..cancer risk in large prospective studies and expect that individuals with reduced levels of genomic DNA methylation are at increased risk of colorectal cancer...
- Regulated Accessibility of a cytokine gene locus.Anjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2011..in activated as well as silenced cytokine genes, as judged by changes in DNase I hypersensitive (DH) sites, DNA methylation and histone modification;explored the transcriptional and chromatin-based programs underlying CD8 T cell ..
- Regulated Accessibility of a cytokine gene locus.Anjana Rao; Fiscal Year: 2010..in activated as well as silenced cytokine genes, as judged by changes in DNase I hypersensitive (DH) sites, DNA methylation and histone modification;explored the transcriptional and chromatin-based programs underlying CD8 T cell ..
- Regulation of Airway Mucin Gene Expression by Epigenetic MechanismReen Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based on these results, we hypothesize that epigenetic changes, especially changes in DNA methylation status, is one of the major mechanisms involved in the persistence of mucin gene expression, especially ..
- Exploring the Role of the Brain Epigenome: Cognitive Decline and Life ExperiencesDavid Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2009..Building on our prior work, we propose to conduct epigenome-wide DNA methylation scans on brain tissue from participants in an Exploratory Cohort consisting of the Rush Memory and Aging ..
- Carcinogenesis of Nickel and Epigenetic ControlMax Costa; Fiscal Year: 2007..region of genes is one of the most important chromatin marks and is commonly associated with nucleosomal DNA methylation and gene silencing...
- Genome-scale anaylsis of DNA methylation in CpG Islands with bisulfite sequencingKun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>DNA methylation is the most stable form of epigenetic modification that leads to transcriptional silencing, X chromosome ..
- Genome-scale anaylsis of DNA methylation in CpG Islands with bisulfite sequencingKUN contact ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>DNA methylation is the most stable form of epigenetic modification that leads to transcriptional silencing, X chromosome ..
- Genome-scale anaylsis of DNA methylation in CpG Islands with bisulfite sequencingKun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>DNA methylation is the most stable form of epigenetic modification that leads to transcriptional silencing, X chromosome ..
- DNA Methyltransferase Inhibition by Intercalating AgentsKeith D Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Epigenetic genome modifications, in particular DNA methylation, have now been recognized as major regulators of gene activity and genomic stability...
- DNA Methyltransferase Inhibition by Intercalating AgentsKEITH ROBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..Epigenetic genome modifications, in particular DNA methylation, have now been recognized as major regulators of gene activity and genomic stability...
- DNA Methyltransferase Inhibition by Intercalating AgentsKEITH ROBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Epigenetic genome modifications, in particular DNA methylation, have now been recognized as major regulators of gene activity and genomic stability...
- Epigenetic Effects of Particles and Metals on Cardiac Health of an Aging CohortJoel Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2007..and humans have shown that air particles and metals, which are constituents of particulate pollution, alter DNA methylation status...
- Epigenetic Effects of Particles and Metals on Cardiac Health of an Aging CohortJoel Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..and humans have shown that air particles and metals, which are constituents of particulate pollution, alter DNA methylation status...
- DNA METHYLATION AND PILI GENE REGULATIONDavid Low; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work will serve as a paradigm to understand how DNA methylation patterns control heritable gene expression states...
- Molecular Mechanisms of GSTP1 Reactivation by Green Tea PolyphenolsSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2009Aberrant DNA methylation and chromatin remodeling are common epigenetic changes that play critical role in gene silencing; implicated in the development and progression of prostate cancer...
- Molecular Mechanisms of GSTP1 Reactivation by Green Tea PolyphenolsSanjay Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2007Aberrant DNA methylation and chromatin remodeling are common epigenetic changes that play critical role in gene silencing; implicated in the development and progression of prostate cancer...
- CPG METHYLATION AND MUTATIONGerd P Pfeifer; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application will focus on mechanistic studies that will investigate the molecular pathways leading to DNA methylation changes in tumors with emphasis on DNA hypermethylation...
- Genome Wide Analysis of DNA MethylationJoseph Ecker; Fiscal Year: 2006This proposal aims to identify functional, non-coding elements in eukaryotic genomes by surveying genome-wide DNA methylation. Cytosine DNA methylation controls developmental gene expression in mammals during genomic imprinting and X-..
- Regulation of Genomic and Epigenomic Stability at CpG SitesAlfonso Bellacosa; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>DNA methylation is an important epigenetic modification of the mammalian genome consisting in the formation of 5-..
- DNA Methylation and Ovarian CancerKenneth Nephew; Fiscal Year: 2009..During the initial funding period, we demonstrated that increased DNA methylation and alterations in histone methylation are strongly associated with ovarian cancer chemoresistance...
- DNA Methylation and Ovarian CancerKenneth P Nephew; Fiscal Year: 2010..During the initial funding period, we demonstrated that increased DNA methylation and alterations in histone methylation are strongly associated with ovarian cancer chemoresistance...
- DNA Methylation Profiles in a Polygenic Mouse Model of Diet-Induced ObesityJan Bressler; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is the long-term goal of this proposal to evaluate whether modifications in DNA methylation patterns that may result in either activation or silencing of genes can be detected when comparing obese and ..
- Epigenetic regulation of HIV latencyERIC M VERDIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently reported that DNA methylation of the HIV promoter plays an important role in the establishment and maintenance of HIV latency...
- Genome-wide DNA Methylation Profiles Associated with Abnormal Intrauterine GrowthFrancine Einstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..We offer a novel hypothesis that conditions during fetal development alter epigenetic patterns of DNA methylation in non-embryonic stem cells, which may be a marker for, or contribute to, susceptibility to T2DM and other ..
- Genome-wide DNA Methylation Profiles Associated with Abnormal Intrauterine GrowthCristina Montagna; Fiscal Year: 2010..We offer a novel hypothesis that conditions during fetal development alter epigenetic patterns of DNA methylation in non-embryonic stem cells, which may be a marker for, or contribute to, susceptibility to T2DM and other ..
- GENETIC ASPECTS OF DNA METHYLATIONERIC SELKER; Fiscal Year: 1993..a link has been demonstrated between methylation and inactivity of DNA, the function and mechanism of DNA methylation remains unclear...
- The Role of DNMT3B in the DNA Methylation of Cancer CellsLUCY ANN GODLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010Epigenetic changes, such as DNA methylation and histone modifications, alter chromatin structure and regulate gene transcription...
- Epigenetic Regulation of MMP-13MARY GOLDRING; Fiscal Year: 2007..is not only controlled by transcriptional activators and repressors, but also depends on the epigenetic DNA methylation of the promoter, which is the mechanism whereby genes that are never expressed by a somatic cell are ..
- GENETIC ASPECTS OF DNA METHYLATIONERIC SELKER; Fiscal Year: 2007b>DNA methylation is required for normal development of higher eukaryotes. Methylation is required for X-inactivation and genomic imprinting in mammals, and abnormal methylation is associated with cancer...
- Epigenetic Mechanisms of Memory StorageEDWIN TED G ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2010Epigenetic modifications such as histone acetylation and DNA methylation are critical for the long-lasting regulation of gene expression during development and may be a major mechanism of information storage in the brain...
- De Novo Methyltransferase Function in Chromatin and CancerKeith D Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2010b>DNA methylation is an essential regulator of transcription, chromatin structure, development, and genomic stability in mammalian cells that is mediated by a family of DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs): DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B...
- ROLE OF DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE 3B IN LUNG TUMORIGENESISLi Mao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Epigenetic alterations, particularly aberrant DNA methylation, play as important a role as genetic alterations in lung tumorigenesis...
- DNA METHYLOME STUDY IN TYPE 1 DIABETESART PETRONIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..More specifically, we will investigate DNA methylation, which is one of the key epigenetic mechanisms...
- RNAi and DNA Methylation Control Genomic Stability and Transcriptional SilencingJohn Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2007..RNA Interference (RNAi) and DNA methylation are two chromatin-modifying activities that regulate eukaryotic genomes...
- Epigenetics Landscape of Chronic Kidney DiseaseKatalin Susztak; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to use the HELP assay to determine DNA methylation patterns of microdissected glomerular and tubulointerstitial samples. 2...