Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tandem arrays of moderately repetitive (5-50 repeats) short (10-60 bases) DNA sequences found dispersed throughout the genome and clustered near telomeres. Their degree of repetition is two to several hundred at each locus. Loci number in the thousands but each locus shows a distinctive repeat unit. Minisatellite repeats are often called variable number of tandem repeats.
Publications281 found, 100 shown here
- Proposal for standardization of optimized mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unit-variable-number tandem repeat typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosisPhilip Supply
INSERM U629, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1, Rue du Prof Calmette, F 59019 Lille cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 44:4498-510. 2006..This 15-locus system is therefore proposed as the new standard for routine epidemiological discrimination of M. tuberculosis isolates and the 24-locus system as a high-resolution tool for phylogenetic studies...
- MIRU-VNTRplus: a web tool for polyphasic genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex bacteriaThomas Weniger
Department of Periodontology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 38:W326-31. 2010..An extensive documentation guides users through all application functions...
- Variable human minisatellite-like regions in the Mycobacterium tuberculosis genomeP Supply
Laboratoire des Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Pathogenèse Bactérienne, INSERM U447, France
Mol Microbiol 36:762-71. 2000..Of the 12 variable loci, only one was found to vary among genealogically distant BCG substrains, suggesting that these interspersed bacterial minisatellite-like structures evolve slowly in mycobacterial populations...
- Automated high-throughput genotyping for study of global epidemiology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis based on mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unitsP Supply
Laboratoire des Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Pathogenèse Bactérienne, INSERM U447, Institut Pasteur de Lille, F 59019 Lille cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 39:3563-71. 2001..tuberculosis MIRU-VNTR genotypes via the Internet. This opens the way for global epidemiological surveillance of tuberculosis and should lead to novel insights into the evolutionary and population genetics of this major pathogen...
- The yeast Pif1 helicase prevents genomic instability caused by G-quadruplex-forming CEB1 sequences in vivoCyril Ribeyre
Recombinaison et Instabilité Génétique, Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, CNRS UMR3244, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 5:e1000475. 2009..Hence, we conclude that CEB1 instability in pif1Delta cells depends on the potential to form G-quadruplex structures, suggesting that Pif1 could play a role in the metabolism of G4-forming sequences...
- Global phylogeny of Mycobacterium tuberculosis based on single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis: insights into tuberculosis evolution, phylogenetic accuracy of other DNA fingerprinting systems, and recommendations for a minimal standard SNP setIngrid Filliol
Division of Infectious Disease, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 185 South Orange Ave, MSB A920C, Newark, NJ 07103
J Bacteriol 188:759-72. 2006..tuberculosis...
- High-resolution minisatellite-based typing as a portable approach to global analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis molecular epidemiologyE Mazars
, , U447, Institut Pasteur de Lille, rue du Prof. Calmette, F-59019 Lille Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1901-6. 2001..This typing method opens the way to the construction of digital global databases for molecular epidemiology studies of M. tuberculosis...
- A multi locus variable number of tandem repeat analysis (MLVA) scheme for Streptococcus agalactiae genotypingEve Haguenoer
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, UFR de Medecine, EA 3854 Bactéries et risque materno fœtal, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 136 Agents Transmissibles et Infectiologie, Tours, France
BMC Microbiol 11:171. 2011..We describe here a genotyping method based on multiple locus variable number of tandem repeat (VNTR) analysis (MLVA) applied to a population of S. agalactiae strains of various origins characterized by MLST and serotyping...
- Integration of novel SSR and gene-based SNP marker loci in the chickpea genetic map and establishment of new anchor points with Medicago truncatula genomeSpurthi N Nayak
Centre of Excellence in Genomics CEG, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics ICRISAT, Patancheru, 502324, Andhra Pradesh, India
Theor Appl Genet 120:1415-41. 2010..The combined set of genetic markers and their integration into an improved genetic map should facilitate chickpea genetics and breeding, as well as translational studies between chickpea and Medicago...
- Characterization of a deep-coverage carrot (Daucus carota L.) BAC library and initial analysis of BAC-end sequencesPablo F Cavagnaro
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 281:273-88. 2009..Moreover, among eight dicot species used for comparison purposes, carrot BES had highest homology to protein-coding sequences from tomato. This deep-coverage library will aid carrot breeding and genetics...
- Assessment of an optimized mycobacterial interspersed repetitive- unit-variable-number tandem-repeat typing system combined with spoligotyping for population-based molecular epidemiology studies of tuberculosisMara Cardoso Oelemann
INSERM, U629, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
J Clin Microbiol 45:691-7. 2007..tuberculosis transmission...
- PER3 polymorphism predicts sleep structure and waking performanceAntoine U Viola
Surrey Sleep Research Centre, School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Curr Biol 17:613-8. 2007..The data show that this polymorphism in PER3 predicts individual differences in the sleep-loss-induced decrement in performance and that this differential susceptibility may be mediated by its effects on sleep homeostasis...
- Medicago truncatula EST-SSRs reveal cross-species genetic markers for Medicago sppI Eujayl
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, 2510 Sam Noble Parkway, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Theor Appl Genet 108:414-22. 2004..truncatula ESTs are valuable genetic markers for the Medicago genus. These markers will be useful in establishing the genomic relationships of M. truncatula to important forage legume crops such as alfalfa and other annual medics...
- Three-year population-based evaluation of standardized mycobacterial interspersed repetitive-unit-variable-number tandem-repeat typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosisCaroline Allix-Béguec
Molecular Mechanisms of Bacterial Pathogenesis, INSERM U629, Institut de Biologie de Lille Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Professeur Calmette, F 59021 Lille cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:1398-406. 2008..g., large sequence polymorphisms. Our results reinforce the proposal of standardized MIRU-VNTR typing as a new reference genotyping method for the epidemiological and phylogenetic screening of M. tuberculosis strains...
- Molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in TaipeiHorng Yunn Dou
Division of Clinical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan, Republic of China
BMC Infect Dis 8:170. 2008..Classical antibiogram studies and genetic characterization, using mycobacterial interspersed repetitive-unit-variable-number tandem-repeat (MIRU-VNTR) typing and spoligotyping, were applied after culture...
- The VNTR polymorphism of the human dopamine transporter (DAT1) gene affects gene expressionS Fuke
Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Pharmacogenomics J 1:152-6. 2001..This suggests that VNTR polymorphism affects the expression of the dopamine transporter...
- Comparison of seven techniques for typing international epidemic strains of Clostridium difficile: restriction endonuclease analysis, pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, PCR-ribotyping, multilocus sequence typing, multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat anGeorge Killgore
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:431-7. 2008..All techniques appear to be capable of detecting outbreak strains, but only REA and MLVA showed sufficient discrimination to distinguish strains from different outbreaks...
- Characterization of the soybean genome using EST-derived microsatellite markersHiroshi Hisano
Kazusa DNA Research Institute, 2 6 7 Kazusa Kamatari, Kisarazu, Chiba 292 0818, Japan
DNA Res 14:271-81. 2007....
- Within-host evolution of Burkholderia pseudomallei in four cases of acute melioidosisErin P Price
Northern Arizona University, Center for Microbial Genetics and Genomics, Flagstaff, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000725. 2010....
- Isolation and characterization of novel microsatellite markers and their application for diversity assessment in cultivated groundnut (Arachis hypogaea)Luu M Cuc
International Crop Research Institute for Semi Arid Tropics, Patancheru 502 324, Greater Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
BMC Plant Biol 8:55. 2008..The low level of polymorphism in cultivated germplasm, however, warrants a need of larger number of polymorphic microsatellite markers for cultivated groundnut...
- The variable number of tandem repeats element in DAT1 regulates in vitro dopamine transporter densitySidney H VanNess
Laboratory of Biological Psychopathology, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
BMC Genet 6:55. 2005....
- A dopamine transporter gene functional variant associated with cocaine abuse in a Brazilian sampleCamila Guindalini
Medical Research Council Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4552-7. 2006..This study suggests that DAT1 gene variation may play a role in cocaine dependence etiology...
- Evaluation of a multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis scheme for typing human Brucella isolates in a region of brucellosis endemicityMireille M Kattar
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
J Clin Microbiol 46:3935-40. 2008..melitensis isolates, and inferring their geographical origin. Abbreviated panel 2B could be used as a short-term epidemiological tool in a small region of endemicity...
- DRD4 and novelty seeking: results of meta-analysesJ A Schinka
James A Haley Veteran Administration Medical Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Am J Med Genet 114:643-8. 2002..32. The positive findings are consistent with a polygenic model of influence on fundamental personality dimensions...
- Role of genotype in the cycle of violence in maltreated childrenAvshalom Caspi
Medical Research Council Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London SE5 8AF, UK
Science 297:851-4. 2002..These findings may partly explain why not all victims of maltreatment grow up to victimize others, and they provide epidemiological evidence that genotypes can moderate children's sensitivity to environmental insults...
- Genetic diversity of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing family in East Asia revealed through refined population structure analysisTakayuki Wada
Department of Microbiology, Osaka City Institute of Public Health and Environmental Sciences, Osaka, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 291:35-43. 2009..Our results reflect the singular genetic diversity and the epidemiological pattern of Beijing M. tuberculosis in Japan...
- Combinatorial interaction between two human serotonin transporter gene variable number tandem repeats and their regulation by CTCFFahad R Ali
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Neurochem 112:296-306. 2010..We suggest that the potential for interaction between multiple polymorphic domains should be incorporated into genetic association studies...
- Evaluation of new variable-number tandem-repeat systems for typing Mycobacterium tuberculosis with Beijing genotype isolates from Beijing, ChinaWei Wei Jiao
Public Central Laboratory, Beijing Pediatric Research Institute, Beijing Children s Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, Beijing 100045, China
J Clin Microbiol 46:1045-9. 2008..tuberculosis isolates in Beijing, while secondary typing of clustered strains by IS6110-RFLP is still required...
- Development of chickpea EST-SSR markers and analysis of allelic variation across related speciesShalu Choudhary
National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Post Box Number 10531, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru University Campus, New Delhi, 110067, India
Theor Appl Genet 118:591-608. 2009....
- Bin mapping of genomic and EST-derived SSRs in melon (Cucumis melo L.)I Fernández-Silva
IRTA, Centre de Recerca en Agrigenòmica CSIC IRTA UAB CRAG, Carretera de Cabrils, Km 2, 08348, Cabrils, Barcelona, Spain
Theor Appl Genet 118:139-50. 2008..A final bin-map was constructed including 80 RFLPs, 212 SSRs, 3 SNPs and the Nsv locus, distributed in 122 bins with an average bin length of 10.2 cM and a maximum bin length of 33 cM. Map density was 4.2 cM/marker or 5.9 cM/SSR...
- Phylogeography and molecular epidemiology of Yersinia pestis in MadagascarAmy J Vogler
Center for Microbial Genetics and Genomics, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1319. 2011..pestis in Madagascar...
- Establishment of a genotyping scheme for Coxiella burnetiiSanela Svraka
Diagnostic Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Perinatal Screening, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
FEMS Microbiol Lett 254:268-74. 2006..The selected VNTR markers were stable. The MLVA method developed in this report is a promising tool for the characterization of C. burnetii isolates and their epidemiological study...
- Evaluation of high-resolution typing methods for Chlamydia trachomatis in samples from heterosexual couplesReinier J M Bom
Public Health Laboratory, Public Health Service of Amsterdam, Nieuwe Achtergracht 100, 1018 WT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 49:2844-53. 2011..This shows that the chlamydial genome in clinical specimens has an appropriate polymorphism to enable epidemiological cluster analysis using MLST and MLVA...
- Genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from a tertiary care tuberculosis hospital in South KoreaIsdore Chola Shamputa
Tuberculosis Research Section, Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Disease, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:387-94. 2010..tuberculosis Beijing strains. Within the study limits, our results also suggest that the problem of drug-resistant TB in the Republic of Korea may be largely due to acquired resistance as opposed to transmission...
- Study of polymorphic variable-number of tandem repeats loci in the ECOR collection and in a set of pathogenic Escherichia coli and Shigella isolates for use in a genotyping assayBjørn Arne Lindstedt
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Division for Infectious Diseases Control, N 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Microbiol Methods 69:197-205. 2007..Shigella isolates were of species S. flexneri, S. boydii, S. sonnei and S. dysenteriae. The MLVA method rapidly genotyped all isolates in the study at a Simpson's index of diversity of D=0.98...
- MLVA-16 typing of 295 marine mammal Brucella isolates from different animal and geographic origins identifies 7 major groups within Brucella ceti and Brucella pinnipedialisMarianne Maquart
INRA, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Sante Publique, IASP, Nouzilly, F 37380, France
BMC Microbiol 9:145. 2009..A previously published assay comprising 16 loci (MLVA-16) that has been shown to be highly relevant and efficient for typing and clustering Brucella strains from animal and human origin was used...
- Variable-number tandem repeats typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates with low copy numbers of IS6110 in ThailandArunee Thong-On
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 90:9-15. 2010..4% of clustered isolates. Our results confirm the utility of VNTR typing as the secondary method of choice for investigating the epidemiology of M. tuberculosis with low copy numbers of IS6110...
- Use of mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unit-variable-number tandem repeat typing to examine genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in SingaporeYong Jiang Sun
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
J Clin Microbiol 42:1986-93. 2004..These results indicate that MIRU-VNTR typing can be a useful first-line tool for studying the genetic diversity of M. tuberculosis isolates in a large urban setting such as Singapore...
- Yersinia pestis lineages in MongoliaJulia M Riehm
Bundeswehr Institute of Microbiology, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e30624. 2012..The majority of central Asia natural foci have been investigated. However these investigations included only few strains from Mongolia...
- Genotyping of Mycoplasma bovis isolates using multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysisLuís Pinho
ICBAS, Department of Veterinary Clinics, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas Abel Salazar, University of Porto, R Padre Armando Quintas, 7, 4485 661 Vairão, Vila do Conde, Portugal
J Microbiol Methods 88:377-85. 2012..The molecular typing scheme presented in this study provides a fast, reliable, and cost-effective typing method for surveillance of M. bovis epidemiology...
- Multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis of Streptococcus pneumoniae and comparison with multiple loci sequence typingHélène Van Cuyck
HIA Robert Picque, Villenave D Ornon, France
BMC Microbiol 12:241. 2012..pneumoniae by applying marker sets used by different authors on 331 isolates selected in UK...
- Interacting effects of the dopamine transporter gene and psychosocial adversity on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms among 15-year-olds from a high-risk community sampleManfred Laucht
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:585-90. 2007..Recent evidence suggests that gene x environment interactions could explain the inconsistent findings of association studies relating the dopamine transporter (DAT1) gene with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Detection of multiple strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis using MIRU-VNTR in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in Kampala, UgandaKatherine R Dickman
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University, Boston, USA
BMC Infect Dis 10:349. 2010..We aimed to determine the prevalence of MTB multiple strain infections in Kampala, and the impact of these infections on clinical presentation of tuberculosis (TB) and response to treatment...
- Identification of variable-number tandem-repeat (VNTR) sequences in Acinetobacter baumannii and interlaboratory validation of an optimized multiple-locus VNTR analysis typing schemeChristine Pourcel
Universite Paris Sud, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, CNRS, Orsay F 91405, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:539-48. 2011..Typeability, reproducibility, stability, discriminatory power, and epidemiological concordance were excellent. A database containing information and MLVA profiles for several A. baumannii strains is available from http://mlva.u-psud.fr/...
- Polymorphisms in inflammatory pathway genes, host factors and lung cancer risk in Chinese female never-smokersWei Yen Lim
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health National University of Singapore, and Department of Pathology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
Carcinogenesis 32:522-9. 2011..47). Our results suggest that the effect of inflammatory medical conditions on lung cancer in never-smokers is modulated by host genetic susceptibility and will need to be confirmed in other studies conducted in similar populations...
- Interleukin 1B and interleukin 1RN polymorphisms are associated with increased risk of gastric carcinomaJ C Machado
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Gastroenterology 121:823-9. 2001....
- Impact of the COMT Val108/158 Met and DAT genotypes on prefrontal function in healthy subjectsXavier Caldu
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, and Department of Radiology, Centre de Diagnòstic per la Image, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Spain
Neuroimage 37:1437-44. 2007..The 10-repeat allele was associated with faster reaction times but also with a higher number of commission errors. Our results support a role of the COMT Val108/158 Met and the DAT 40 bp VNTR in both brain activation and cognition...
- MLVA genotyping of Chinese human Brucella melitensis biovar 1, 2 and 3 isolatesHai Jiang
State Key Laboratory for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, National Institute for Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 155 Changbai Road, Changping, Beijing 102206, PR China
BMC Microbiol 11:256. 2011..melitensis isolates from China using a multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis (MLVA) and evaluated the utility of MLVA with regards to epidemiological trace-back investigation...
- Bacillus anthracis diversity in Kruger National ParkK L Smith
Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011 5640, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:3780-4. 2000..While this association may be simply fortuitous, adaptation of A types to diverse environmental conditions is consistent with their greater geographic dispersal and genetic dissimilarity...
- Housekeeping gene sequencing and multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis to identify subpopulations within Pseudomonas syringae pv. maculicola and Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato that correlate with host specificityS Gironde
INRA, UMR 1345 Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences IRHS, INRA, Agrocampus Ouest, Universite d Angers, Beaucouze, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:3266-79. 2012..tomato appear multiclonal, as they did not diverge from a single common ancestral group within the ancestral P. syringae genomospecies 3, and suggests that pathovar specificity within P. syringae may be due to independent genetic events...
- Genetic diversity in domesticated soybean (Glycine max) and its wild progenitor (Glycine soja) for simple sequence repeat and single-nucleotide polymorphism lociYing Hui Li
The National Key Facility for Crop Gene Resources and Genetic Improvement NFCRI Key Lab of Germplasm Utilization MOA, Institute of Crop Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 100081 Beijing, China
New Phytol 188:242-53. 2010..soja and G. max represent distinct germplasm pools. Limited evidence of admixture was discovered between these two species. Overall, our analyses are consistent with the origin of G. max from regions along the Yellow River of China...
- Determination of genotypic diversity of Mycobacterium avium subspecies from human and animal origins by mycobacterial interspersed repetitive-unit-variable-number tandem-repeat and IS1311 restriction fragment length polymorphism typing methodsNicolas Radomski
Unité Zoonoses Bactériennes, LERPAZ, AFSSA, 23 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, Maisons Alfort F 94706 Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 48:1026-34. 2010..MIRU-VNTR typing therefore appears to be a convenient typing method capable of distinguishing the three main subspecies and strains of the complex and providing new epidemiological knowledge on MAC...
- Association of relapse of Clostridium difficile disease with BI/NAP1/027Jane W Marsh
Infectious Diseases Epidemiology Research Unit, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:4078-82. 2012..Classification of recurrent CDI episodes by MLVA can be utilized to make informed patient care decisions and to accurately define new CDI cases for infection control and reimbursement purposes...
- Differentiation of strains of Xylella fastidiosa by a variable number of tandem repeat analysisH D Coletta-Filho
Centro de Citricultura Sylvio Moreira, INSTITUTO AGRONOMICO, CEP 13490 970, Cordeiropolis, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:4091-5. 2001..83, while the maximum value given by specific RAPD loci was 0.12. Our approach using VNTR markers provides a high-resolution tool for epidemiological, genetic, and ecological analysis of citrus-specific X. fastidiosa strains...
- Utility of fast mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unit-variable number tandem repeat genotyping in clinical mycobacteriological analysisCaroline Allix
Institut Pasteur de Bruxelles, Laboratoire Tuberculose et Mycobacteries, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Infect Dis 39:783-9. 2004..We describe its application to 3 typical clinical situations encountered in our laboratory (Institut Pasteur de Bruxelles, Laboratoire Tuberculose et Mycobacteries; Brussels, Belgium)...
- Epidemiological and phylogenetic analysis of Spanish human Brucella melitensis strains by multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat typing, hypervariable octameric oligonucleotide fingerprinting, and rpoB typingSylvia Valdezate
Servicio de Bacteriología Centro Nacional de Microbiología, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 48:2734-40. 2010....
- A framework linkage map of perennial ryegrass based on SSR markersG P Gill
ViaLactia Biosciences, PO Box 109 185, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand
Genome 49:354-64. 2006..The final map provides a robust framework with which to conduct investigations into the genetic architecture of trait variation in this commercially important grass species...
- Molecular typing of Mycobacterium abscessus based on tandem-repeat polymorphismY L Wong
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Clin Microbiol 50:3084-8. 2012..9563) that is superior to that of multilocus sequencing. It is a promising tool for the investigation of Mycobacterium abscessus epidemiology and nosocomial outbreaks...
- A comparison of simple sequence repeat and single nucleotide polymorphism marker technologies for the genotypic analysis of maize (Zea mays L.)E S Jones
Pioneer Hi Bred International Inc DuPont Agriculture and Nutrition, 7300 NW 62nd Avenue, Johnston, IA 51031 1004, USA
Theor Appl Genet 115:361-71. 2007....
- Multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis is a suitable tool for differentiation of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strains without cultivationK Vranckx
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, B 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Clin Microbiol 49:2020-3. 2011..The test had a discriminatory index of >0.99 and was applied reliably to porcine bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and tracheal swabs...
- High throughput multiple locus variable number of tandem repeat analysis (MLVA) of Staphylococcus aureus from human, animal and food sourcesDaniel Sobral
Univ Paris Sud, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, UMR 8621, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 7:e33967. 2012..Interestingly, isolates responsible for food poisoning show a CC distribution signature typical of human isolates and strikingly different from animal isolates, suggesting a predominantly human origin...
- Rapid and high resolution genotyping of all Escherichia coli serotypes using 10 genomic repeat-containing lociInger Løbersli
Division of Infectious Diseases Control, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Lovisenberggata 8, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, N 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Microbiol Methods 88:134-9. 2012..The GECM7 method was improved by adding three new repeat-loci to a total of ten (GECM10), and a considerable increase in resolution was observed (from 296 to 507 genotypes on the same set of strains)...
- A composite linkage map from two crosses for the species complex Picea mariana x Picea rubens and analysis of synteny with other PinaceaeBetty Pelgas
Chaire de recherche du Canada en génomique forestière et environnementale, Centre de recherche en biologie forestière, Pavillon Charles Eugène Marchand, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, QC, G1K 7P4, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 111:1466-88. 2005..Implications for the evolution of the Pinaceae genome are discussed...
- Genetic variability and genetic structure of wild and semi-domestic populations of tasar silkworm (Antheraea mylitta ) ecorace Daba as revealed through ISSR markersP K Kar
Central Sericultural Germplasm Resources Centre, Central Silk Board, Thally Road, P B 44635109 Hosur, Tamil Nadu, India
Genetica 125:173-83. 2005..The high genetic variability present within wild Daba population of A. mylitta is of much importance for conservation as well as utilization in systematic breeding program...
- The insulin gene is transcribed in the human thymus and transcription levels correlated with allelic variation at the INS VNTR-IDDM2 susceptibility locus for type 1 diabetesA Pugliese
Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Nat Genet 15:293-7. 1997..Higher levels of (pro)insulin in the thymus may promote negative selection (deletion) of insulin-specific T-lymphocytes which play a critical role in the pathogenesis of type-1 diabetes...
- Mutation rates of spoligotypes and variable numbers of tandem repeat loci in Mycobacterium tuberculosisJosephine F Reyes
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Infect Genet Evol 10:1046-51. 2010..These findings confirm the high level of discrimination observed using multilocus VNTR typing, and suggest that caution should be taken not to underestimate the extent of recent transmission when using this marker...
- Investigation on Mycobacterium tuberculosis diversity in China and the origin of the Beijing cladeKanglin Wan
Univ Paris Sud, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, UMR 8621, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 6:e29190. 2011..In order to examine the strain diversity in the whole country, and to study the evolutionary development of Beijing strains, we sought to genotype a large collection of isolates using different methods...
- Culture-independent multi-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis (MLVA) of Mycoplasma pneumoniaeRoger Dumke
Dresden University of Technology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Fetscherstrasse 74, d, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 86:393-6. 2011..pneumoniae-positive pneumonia patients. The method resulted in a clearly identifiable MLVA type in all samples tested and can be used for MLVA without laborious isolation of the pathogen...
- Impact of homoplasy on variable numbers of tandem repeats and spoligotypes in Mycobacterium tuberculosisJosephine F Reyes
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Infect Genet Evol 12:811-8. 2012..However, deep phylogenetic inferences using spoligotypes or VNTRs with a small number of loci are likely to be unreliable...
- Mathematical modelling of Mycobacterium tuberculosis VNTR loci estimates a very slow mutation rate for the repeatsAndrew Grant
Statistics Unit, Statistics, Modelling and Bioinformatics Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
J Mol Evol 66:565-74. 2008..This suggests that the VNTR profile of a strain of M. tuberculosis will be indicative of its clonal lineage and will be unlikely to vary in epidemiologically-related strains...
- Characterization of the major formamidopyrimidine-DNA glycosylase homolog in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and its linkage to variable tandem repeatsIngrid Olsen
Centre for Molecular Biology and Neuroscience, Institute of Microbiology, University of Oslo, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 56:151-61. 2009..This is the first example of such a tandem repeat region of variable length being linked to the expression level of a bacterial gene...
- Allelic diversity of variable number of tandem repeats provides phylogenetic clues regarding the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing familyTakayuki Wada
Department of Microbiology, Osaka City Institute of Public Health and Environmental Sciences, 8 34 Tojo cho, Tennoji ku, Osaka 543 0026, Japan
Infect Genet Evol 9:921-6. 2009..It is suggested that VNTR typing can elucidate genetic markers representing the phylogenetic classification in the lineage...
- Genetic diversity of O157:H7 and non-O157 verocytotoxigenic Escherichia coli from Argentina inferred from multiple-locus variable-number tandem repeat analysis (MLVA)Ana V Bustamante
Lab Inmunoquímica y Biotecnología, Dto de Sanidad Animal y Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Cs Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Pcia de Buenos Aires, 7000 Tandil, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Med Microbiol 300:212-7. 2010....
- Genetic characterization of non-O157 verocytotoxigenic Escherichia coli isolated from raw beef products using multiple-locus variable-number tandem repeat analysisTomás Franci
Laboratorio de Inmunoquimica y Biotecnologia, Departamento de Sanidad Animal y Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Tandil, Argentina
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:1019-23. 2011..As some VNTR markers might be serotype specific, it is possible that the implementation of new VNTR loci will increase intraserotype discrimination...
- Bordetella pertussis clones identified by multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat analysisJacob Kurniawan
University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Emerg Infect Dis 16:297-300. 2010..Typing of genes encoding acellular vaccine antigens showed changes that may be vaccine driven in 2 MTs prevalent in Australia...
- Association between reward-related activation in the ventral striatum and trait reward sensitivity is moderated by dopamine transporter genotypeTim Hahn
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 32:1557-65. 2011....
- Population structure and linkage disequilibrium of a mini core set of maize inbred lines in ChinaRonghuan Wang
Institute of Crop Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences National Key Facility for Crop Gene Resources and Genetic Improvement NFCRI, 100081 Beijing, People s Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 117:1141-53. 2008..75-40.28% in the subgroups. Among factors influencing LD, linkage was the major cause for LD of SSR loci. The results suggested that the population may be used in the detection of genome-wide SSR marker-phenotype association...
- Comparison of multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis with pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, spa typing, and multilocus sequence typing for clonal characterization of Staphylococcus aureus isolatesNatalia Malachowa
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, 30 387 Cracow, Poland
J Clin Microbiol 43:3095-100. 2005....
- Association of attention-deficit disorder and the dopamine transporter geneE H Cook
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Hum Genet 56:993-8. 1995..Biochemical analysis of such mutations may lead to development of more effective therapeutic interventions...
- A soybean transcript map: gene distribution, haplotype and single-nucleotide polymorphism analysisIk Young Choi
Soybean Genomics and Improvement Laboratory, USDA, ARS, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Genetics 176:685-96. 2007....
- Dopamine D4 receptor gene associated with fairness preference in ultimatum gameSongfa Zhong
Department of Economics, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 5:e13765. 2010..This is the first result to link preference for reciprocal fairness to a specific gene and suggests that gene × environment interactions contribute to economic decision making...
- Development of multiple-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis for molecular typing of Mycoplasma pneumoniaeS Degrange
Laboratoire de Bactériologie EA 3671, Mycoplasma and chlamydiae infections in humans, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux 33076 Cedex, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:914-23. 2009..The potential value of MLVA of M. pneumoniae as an epidemiological tool is discussed, and the use of the VNTR markers in further investigations of the potential use of MLVA in outbreaks of M. pneumoniae infections is proposed...
- Genotypic analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Bangladesh and prevalence of the Beijing strainSayera Banu
ICDDR, B Centre for Health and Population Research, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
J Clin Microbiol 42:674-82. 2004....
- Epistasis between the DAT 3' UTR VNTR and the COMT Val158Met SNP on cortical function in healthy subjects and patients with schizophreniaDiana P Prata
Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London WC2R 2LS, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13600-5. 2009....
- Discriminatory power and reproducibility of novel DNA typing methods for Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strainsKristin Kremer
Mycobacteria Reference Unit, Diagnostic Laboratory for Infectious Diseases and Perinatal Screening, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 43:5628-38. 2005..tuberculosis and that VNTR typing is the epidemiological typing method of choice for the near future...
- Evaluation of 24 locus MIRU-VNTR genotyping of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in CanadaSara Christianson
National Microbiology Laboratory, 1015 Arlington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3R2, Canada
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 90:31-8. 2010..For long-term surveillance of MTBC within Canada, the use of 24 MIRU-VNTR loci will provide rapid, highly discriminatory molecular epidemiology information...
- Emergence of reduced susceptibility to metronidazole in Clostridium difficileSimon D Baines
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:1046-52. 2008..We screened recently isolated C. difficile (2005-06) for susceptibility to metronidazole and compared results for historic isolates (1995-2001)...
- SVA retrotransposons: Evolution and genetic instabilityDustin C Hancks
Department of Genetics, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6145, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 20:234-45. 2010..Here we review SVA biology, including SVA insertions associated with known diseases. Further, we discuss a model describing the initial formation of SVA and the mechanisms by which SVA may impact the host...
- Differential neural response to alcohol priming and alcohol taste cues is associated with DRD4 VNTR and OPRM1 genotypesFrancesca M Filbey
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:1113-23. 2008..However, to date, the mechanisms that underlie these differences remain largely unknown...
- Meta-analysis reveals association between serotonin transporter gene STin2 VNTR polymorphism and schizophreniaJ B Fan
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopmental Genetics Unit, Center for Human Genetics Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, and Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Cambridge, MA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:928-38, 891. 2005....
- A real-time PCR array for hierarchical identification of Francisella isolatesKerstin Svensson
Division of CBRN Defense and Security, Swedish Defense Research Agency, Umea, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e8360. 2009....
- Multicenter analysis of the SLC6A3/DAT1 VNTR haplotype in persistent ADHD suggests differential involvement of the gene in childhood and persistent ADHDBarbara Franke
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:656-64. 2010..However, the data might also imply that DAT1 has a modulatory rather than causative role in ADHD...
- EST-SSRs as a resource for population genetic analysesJ R Ellis
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 99:125-32. 2007..We then discuss the advantages and disadvantages of EST-SSRs in the context of population genetic applications...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis ecology in Venezuela: epidemiologic correlates of common spoligotypes and a large clonal cluster defined by MIRU-VNTR-24Edgar Abadia
Laboratorio de Genetica Molecular, CMBC, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, 1020A Caracas, Venezuela
BMC Infect Dis 9:122. 2009..tuberculosis strains isolated in Venezuela from 1997 to 2006, predominantly from two large urban centers and two geographically distinct indigenous areas, and then studied a subgroup with MIRU-VNTR 24 loci...
- Serotonin transporter promoter and intron 2 polymorphisms: relationship between allelic variants and gene expressionDubravka Hranilovic
Laboratory of Neurochemistry and Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Molecular Genetics, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
Biol Psychiatry 55:1090-4. 2004....
- Vibrio cholerae strain typing and phylogeny study based on simple sequence repeatsYael Danin-Poleg
Department of Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 45:736-46. 2007..Furthermore, discrimination between 27 strains of the 32 strains was achieved. SSR-based typing methods combining L-SSR and MNR-MLST were found to be efficient for V. cholerae typing...
- Multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis for investigation of Clostridium difficile transmission in HospitalsJane W Marsh
Infectious Diseases Epidemiology Research Unit, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Medical Center, Division of Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, 865 Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:2558-66. 2006..Thus, MLVA is an objective, portable genotyping method that permits reliable detection of C. difficile outbreaks and can aid epidemiologic investigations of nosocomial transmission...
- An interspecific linkage map of SSR and intronic polymorphism markers in tomatoKenta Shirasawa
Kazusa DNA Research Institute, 2 6 7 Kazusa Kamatari, Kisarazu, Chiba, 292 0818, Japan
Theor Appl Genet 121:731-9. 2010..Information on the DNA markers developed in this study is available at http://www.kazusa.or.jp/tomato/...
- Construction of BAC and BIBAC libraries and their applications for generation of SSR markers for genome analysis of chickpea, Cicer arietinum LJ Lichtenzveig
Institute of Plant Science and Genetics in Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Theor Appl Genet 110:492-510. 2005..The BAC and BIBAC libraries and new SSR markers will provide valuable resources for chickpea genomics research and breeding (the libraries and their filters are available to the public at http://hbz.tamu.edu)...
- Linkage disequilibrium between minisatellite loci supports clonal evolution of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a high tuberculosis incidence areaPhilip Supply
Laboratoire des Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Pathogenèse Bactérienne, INSERM U447, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Cedex, France
Mol Microbiol 47:529-38. 2003..This linkage disequilibrium was also evident when the MIRU-VNTR types were compared with the IS6110 restriction fragment length polymorphism types. These results support a predominant clonal evolution of M. tuberculosis...
- Construction of an integrated map of rose with AFLP, SSR, PK, RGA, RFLP, SCAR and morphological markersZ Yan
Plant Research International, Wageningen University and Research Centre, P O Box 16, 6700 AA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Theor Appl Genet 110:766-77. 2005..The SSR markers, together with RFLP markers, provide good anchor points for future map alignment studies in rose and related species. Codominantly scored AFLP markers were helpful in the integration of the parental maps...
- Mutation Screening of Nicotine and Alcohol DependenceRICHARD TODD; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Social and Demographic Context and HeritabilityGuang Guo; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiological Investigations of ADHDRICHARD TODD; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Inattentive ADHDRICHARD TODD; Fiscal Year: 2008..We note that this affected sib-pair sample would also be ideal to conduct more focused studies of neuroimaging, neuropsychological performance, and neurophysiological functioning in future studies. ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ADHDRICHARD TODD; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Age at First Sex, Genes, Religion, and Other Social and Demographic ContextGuang Guo; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mutation Screening of ADHDRICHARD TODD; Fiscal Year: 2005..The presence of allelic variation identified using DHPLC will be confirmed by genomic DNA sequencing. Whether specific alleles are associated with subtypes of ADHD will be tested using the Transmission Disequilibrium Test (TDT). ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Alcoholism 2- Big SibshipsAndrew Heath; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dopamine Genotypes, Experimentally-induced Craving, & Cessation in Female SmokersJoel Erblich; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Duke University Center for Translational ResearchRichard Frothingham; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Brown University Shared DNA SequencerJohn McGeary; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of MicroRNA Expression in CD4 T cells in Type 1 DiabetesAlberto Pugliese; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SEX DIFFERENCES IN NICOTINE REINFORCEMENT: HUMAN/ANIMALKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Dopamine Polymorphisms and Smoking Cue-ReactivityJoel Erblich; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Alternative endpoints for plague challenge modelsRichard Frothingham; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use the data generated to refine our hypotheses and to pursue further funding to complete Aim 3. ..
- Evaluation of MicroRNA Expression in CD4 T cells in Type 1 DiabetesAlberto Pugliese; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INDIVIDUAL VARIATION IN NICOTINE SENSITIVITY IN HUMANSKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2003..e., in nicotine-naive individuals). Results will provide directions for future research on vulnerability to tobacco dependence and for targeted efforts to prevent smoking onset. ..
- Affect, Context, and Placebo Responses to NicotineKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2005..Secondary analyses may identify important individual characteristics associated with placebo responses, aiding in the prediction of which smokers ultimately are likely to benefit most from manipulation of placebo effects. ..
- DISCRIMINATIVE STIMULUS EFFECTS OF NICOTINEKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Tobacco Smoking, Nicotine and Negative Affect ReliefKenneth Perkins; Fiscal Year: 2009..In sum, this research will help address the fundamental question of why cigarette smoking is reinforcing. ..
- Executive Function: Links to Drug Use & PsychopathologySusan Young; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our final aim is to determine the extent to which the covariation between ECF deficits and comorbid psychopathology is due to genetic and/or environmental factors. ..
- Regulation of NMDA Receptors in Excitotoxicity by Calpain and FYNDavid Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of Human Telomeric Structural VariationHarold C Riethman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Gene and Nutrient Etiologies of Human Heart DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because these defects result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- Addiction and the Brain: Are We Hard Wired to Abuse DrugsJoanna Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Narp Expression and Drugs of AbuseIrving Reti; Fiscal Year: 2002..B) Develop methods to manipulate expression of Narp in the VTA using the herpes simplex virus vector system. ..
- Development of a Molecular Blood CultureDavid Alland; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rapid identification will make it possible to treat patients with the correct antibiotics more rapidly. This will save patient lives, reduce days in the hospital and permit more rational use of antibiotics. ..
- Approaches to the Genetics of Substance DependenceJoel Gelernter; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal would permit the PI to make a major investment in mentorship, and allow a broadening of his research program in substance dependence. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol Dependence Genetics in a Large Chinese PedigreeJoel Gelernter; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will improve understanding of the genes that influence risk for alcohol dependence, in Chinese populations, and in comparison with European-American populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL MIMICRY OF TELOMERASEERIC KOOL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Chemical approaches to telomere elongation have the long-term potential to solve important problems in transplantation medicine, and to lead to new treatments for senescence-related diseases. ..
- RE-ENGINEERING THE DIAMETER OF THE DOULBE HELIXEric T Kool; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will study basic biophysical, structuraland thermodynamic properties of these compounds, to better understandand delineate their utility as broadly applicable tools. ..
- Gene-nutrient Etiologies of Neural Tube DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because NTDs result in substantial morbidity as well as high emotional and economic costs, further scientific understanding leading to possible prevention would greatly benefit society. ..
- PET Imaging of Mesolimbic Dopamine in Heroin DependenceDiana Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Brain Functional Correlates of MDMA Use in AdolescenceLeslie Jacobsen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Sample Processing Cartridges for Rapid PCR TB DetectionDavid Alland; Fiscal Year: 2008..The system will then be retested using a large number of clinical sputum specimens. Finally, we will develop complete documentation on the assay including production, and development reports. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuroimaging Attentional Impairment During AbstinenceFrancis McClernon; Fiscal Year: 2008..Dr. McClernon will continue to administer current awards and compete for additional extramural funding while he completes the goals of the application. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETICS OF COCAINE DEPENDENCEJoel Gelernter; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project will also contribute to a substantial increase in our understanding of the mechanisms of CD, and may lead to new approaches to the prevention and treatment of this pervasive societal problem. ..
- Prenatal Cocaine Exposure: Studies of Brain FunctionLinda Mayes; Fiscal Year: 2008..C. Mayes). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychobiological /Genetic Determinants-Smoking CessationSean David; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- POPULATION BASED INVESTIGATIONS OF TUBERCULOSISDavid Alland; Fiscal Year: 2004..Studies of these sequence variations in clinical strains will be used to determine the associations between specific mutations and the phenotypes of infectivity and virulence. ..
- GENETICS OF COCAINE INDUCED PSYCHOSISJoel Gelernter; Fiscal Year: 2003..This program of research will improve our understanding of the genetics underlying human brain responses to chronic cocaine exposure, thus leading to better diagnosis and treatments for cocaine dependence and other addictive disorders. ..
- UCI-CFC Projects on School ReadinessJames Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BASIC DIMENSIONS OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOPATHOLOGYBenjamin Lahey; Fiscal Year: 2004..Potential development and gender differences in the dimensions of psychopathology will be evaluated using structural equation modeling. ..
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND THE DOPAMINE SYSTEM GENESMichael Vanyukov; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will allow for more accurate estimation of the risk for SUD and suggest approaches for prevention. ..
- NOVEL PROBE TOPOLOGIES IN BIOMEDICAL DIAGNOSTICSERIC KOOL; Fiscal Year: 2002..Over the long term, it is hoped that this approach will give rise to clinically useful methods for the early diagnosis of diseases. ..
- RESPONSE VARIABILITY IN STIMULANT TREATMENT OF ADHDJames McGough; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to funding the candidate's transition to independent research the proposed study would also contribute to our knowledge of the basis of individual response to medication in psychiatric disorders. ..
- Smoking, Brain Function and Outcome in AdolescentsLeslie Jacobsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The relationship between the degree of change cognitive performance (assessed prior to and during scanning) in response to recent tobacco use and tobacco use at one-year follow-up will also be examined. ..
- Genetic Discrimination Knowledge in Primary CareJeffrey Weitzel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Because genetic testing for hereditary cancer represents a new paradigm for predictive genetic testing in other adult onset disorders, the results of the proposed study will potentially have broad-based implications. ..
- FOLATE PATHWAY GENES AND RISK FOR OROFACIAL CLEFTSGary Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL CANCER GENETICS EDUCATIONJeffrey Weitzel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity DisorderJames Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genomic haplotypes", meaning haplo-specific genotypes at more than one locus, will be defined and tested for possible interactive roles among the genes. ..
- PURCHASE OF A VARIAN INOVA 600 MHz NMR SPECTROMETERERIC KOOL; Fiscal Year: 2002..1 T magnet, as well as supershims, two Fullband RF channels with three total RF channels, waveform generators for each channel, a variable temperature unit, pulsed field gradients, a Sun workstation, and a cryo probe. ..
- Detection of Select Agents in Single-Well AssaysDavid Alland; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. To develop PCR assays that utilize "color-triplet coding" to uniquely label as many as 56 different species-specific molecular beacons. ..
- NONPOLAR NUCLEOSIDE ISOSTERES AS BIOMOLECULAR PROBESERIC KOOL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Infection Dynamics of Ehrlichia chaffeensisAndrea Varela Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2006..Varela to develop into an outstanding medical parasitologist and add to the understanding of tick-borne disease and human health. ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- Treatments for Nicotine Dependence: Brain MechanismsArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROGENETICS, SEROTONIN, AND HUMAN AGGRESSIONSTEPHEN MANUCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..This application is the resubmission of a prior proposal of the same title. ..
- LONGITUDINAL FOLLOW UP OF ADHD GIRLS AND THEIR SIBLINGSJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Stress Resilience in an Animal Model of DepressionRuth Kohen; Fiscal Year: 2004..If our hypothesis is true, it would mean a paradigm shift in our understanding of affective illness that could alter the focus of treatment from the current management of symptoms to their prevention ..
- Collaborative Pediatric Bipolar Disorder ConferenceJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..While the proposed conference does not intend to solve all outstanding problems associated with pediatric bipolar disorder, it will provide a forum to begin formulating a solution. ..
- Course of psychopathology in female youth: Analysis with extant longitudinal dataJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Perfusion fMRI of Cue-Induced Nicotine CravingTeresa Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, research into its neurological underpinnings is critical in guiding the development of behavioral and pharmacological therapies to battle nicotine addiction. ..
- Adult Outcome of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2007..For these reasons, we expect the proposed work to clarify the course and outcome of ADHD. ..
- Genetic Correlates of Alcohol Use DisordersLara Ray; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PREVENTION OF CIGARETTE SMOKING IN ADHD YOUTHJoseph Biederman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since there are estimated to be 3.5 million children with ADHD and 20% have been shown to be smokers, targeting this group could potentially impact 700,000 children and adolescents. ..
- ANTHRAX MOLECULAR EVOLUTION, DIVERSITY AND EPIDEMIOLOGYPaul Keim; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) Using Monte Carlo simulations, they will ascertain how the distribution of these markers within and between populations of Bacillus anthracis will be affected by geographic, genetic and ecological processes. ..